Character catches you in their setplay

>character catches you in their setplay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tor5Xw5MBUc
youtu.be/B12EjKkssXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw people say Fat Buu is bad
Only means they're going to ragequit when I fight them.

He isn't even bad tho, they just don't know how he's played

Buu is a worse kid buu

when i blow out my nose hard enough, i make that noise

[spoilers]it's annoying as fuck and makes me consider cosmetic surgery[/spoilers]

I just got kicked from a room cause I'm so God damn bad. I have been drinking, though. But I'm not much better sober, anyway feels sort of bad, I guess. I just wanted to learn from dudes better than me.

>mfw I go for the most basic fat throw resets and they always work
No one online knows how to stop this pink mass of destruction, it's great

Kek, I woulda sold my game after that

Considering it, but they were all orange and up, and I'm a lowly green, so whatever.

FUCKING EUROPOORS AND GOOKS GET THE FUCK OFF THE AMERICAN SERVERS

Fat Buu main here, anyone willing to help me to improve? Is there a better bnb than j.M 2LMS 5L j.LM jc LM2H SD LMS(x4)QCFS Vanish QCFM Vegeta Assist QCBS? It leads to the set play but I want to know if there's better ones.

The fuck are you typing all that shit for

>want to try a new team
>drop down to blue square trying to learn them because of retarded forced rank shit

Ground pounce Level 3

>playing ranked

Casual mode exists

>be me, yellow square
>play ranked
>people are faggots, keep rage-quitting or exiting lobby on me
>the only matches that go to the end are the ones where i lose
>demoted to dark green because there aren't any chances for me to rank up

Does anyone want to jump on and play a few rounds? I'm pretty shit but could use the practice.

Are you going to buy his shoes, Cred Forums?

>everyone says Fat Buu is bad
>finally play one
>Psssh this will be easy
>he tosses the blob
>mfw everything that happened next

Still won 2-1 but fuck I never want to see that character again, I'd rather face 16/Black/Vegeta than that.

I still haven't even seen a Fat Buu online yet. What the fuck does he even do?

Casual matches still change your square color.

>the blob

christ alive, I found a rare online fat Buu and that shit was just nasty. That said I'd really prefer to never find a 16 ever again

He's designed to not follow the rules most characters follow. His combos and pressure follow completely differently routes a lot of the time. His neutral covers angles and situations many players don't think about as well. Mostly though, his Fat throw special that causes a re-stand stun state on hit gives him both a full hitconfirm if landed in neutral or as a meaty on wake-up AND nasty resets if he combos into it, where he can come at you from high or low or left or right after resetting with a jab.

Plus his 5M is an overhead he can chain into and out of.

I think people are sleeping on Tien

He's so much fun, has every mixup tool you could want and easy meterless hkds

For the damage his supers do his regular damage output is rock solid. Two really strong Level 3s to convert off of his half a dozen mixup/oki options.

>tfw I run 16/Majin Buu/Tien thinking that 16 would be a meme character
>starting to actually like Majin Buu and Tien
>but my 16 is lacking because he's top-tier and I'm no longer interesting in becoming good with him
Who should I get rid of?

Who should I replace 16 with?*
I'm tired lmao now I sound retarded

Does it matter? If anything it’ll just give you easier opponents.

Is Piccolo bad, or am I bad? I have him as ancor but he seems subpar unless you get them in the corner for hellzone grenade loops.

Is it bad if I'm just enjoying being a labmonster and doing the arcade challenges because my internet is so shit?

Nappa. He makes a fun point. Plant saibamen during slide knockdowns, cover approach after that with assist.

>mfw Chiaotzu bombing immediately out of a character switch

I'm not great with Tien, but if I'm getting my ass kicked to the point I'm not coming back I'll bomb the guy for some BM. He's pretty fun all around though.

Nah. Labbing combos and actually using them against others in a dynamic situation is a whole different thing though.

piccolo has great mixups

you're probably bad

I lab monster too, there's no shame of you actually find things and share them with people. Even just learning systems or tech or synergy and passing that on to somebody of you see a question asked helps out.

Reminder that you can combo into Chiaotzu on hard knockdown and it's the best scaling super in the game, adding at least 2k damage to combos

Lets you do way more damage than you should be getting off of a 3-bar solo staircase combo

Demon player here, he's pretty bad. It's because he doesn't hard knock his enemies, so they can easily get away, he has zero momentum buildup.

just unlocked 21 and boy is she fun

just took the time to learn a double absorb aerial combo

is she considered a good character because I honestly can't tell

any hard knockdown? can you do it on the air or do you have to wait until you land?

she's strong as fuck, her neutral is great

Yeah I know, its just fun to be a cock with that sometimes. Emptying a 7bar Neo Tribeam onto someone is a great feeling too. I need to get better with him, right now I'm focused on Yamcha and Black.

You have to land, but if you do j236M for hkd you should always be able to have it work if you're fast enough, try it in training

Be careful not to input it too fast because if you try the input in the air you'll just waste a bar on a whiffed 214H and lose your window to do it

Why does it take so fucking long to get matches in this game?

The range on her down M M jump cancel M is really, really good

it's like double the range of any other character's because of the tail and sacrificing a few light hits for the extra range is well worth it

Only real negative is that you have to input it standing in neutral. You can't even cancel a normal or special into it; you'll get 214H or nothing, respectively.

Thanks, will consider. I've been considering Piccolo as well just because of how different he is, also because I like the character

I agree that he's really strong but what mixups you mean? I play yamcha too and I can see it in him but not really Tien. He seems really straightforward to me

Can you not wake up crouching?

I guess it's more oki than proper mixups

He has great normals, a beam, a fast low, a slow low with super armor to punish baited jabs, a command grab, an overhead special, a divekick, and good supers to confirm into, and he can score a meterless hard knockdown off of pretty much any hit to start oki with

If you do it properly it's a true combo, which means Chiaotzu blows them up before they get a chance to wake up

>Spam volleyball fist in neutral or after the opponent blocks a couple of my normals
>It almost always connects
I'm going to have a lot of fun trying to get these rid of these awful habits when I actually start fighting competent opponents with this character.

It's a super. It can OTG. What makes it so good is that no matter how scaled the combo is it will ALWAYS deal at least 2160 damage (so almost 22% of a health bar by itself). Even Beerus's Level 3 that does 4800 damage raw scales to around 1500 damage once your combo hits 10 hits or so.

How do you play his oki? i always forget he has that grab, it's so slow too

On the topic of Tien, what are the best things you get out of a Telekinesis freeze? I know Super Dash into a basic aerial string is probably standard if you're a fair distance away but is there anything else?

How do I personally do it? I usually start with the standard staggered normals, then do the overhead to open them up once or twice, then start mixing L volleyball fist in there, especially if they 2H me out of the overhead before that

If they're trying to mash out of pressure a lot I start doing M volleyball fist, and if they're turtling really hard and also able to antiair that's when I bring out the command grab to keep them from getting complacent in their defense

If you have Vegeta's assist it can extend telekinesis into a standard jc started combo from fullscreen, others can probably do this too

>"Hey Vegeta I planted this Saibaman just for you~!"
>"Stop this infernal blockstring, I need to tag out."
>"*TOO BAD!*"
>"God-dammit Nappa..."

I'm having trouble finding a third for my Yamcha/Tien team. Tried Krillin and Hit but they're not really my thing

214S (Chiaotzu Telekinesis) is a great meaty that tracks position and gives you a full second or so to hitconfirm if it lands and is safe if they block it. His attack specials are also a low and a high, and M Volleyball has auto-guard during its active frames.

I'd say do whatever gives you a hard knockdown into another oki situation, since it scales your combo immediately while dealing 0 damage.

Crane Dive and M Volleyball have about the same amount of startup and are high and low respectively. H Volleyball is also a fucking command grab. Not crazy mixups but enough to make your opponent second guess themselves.

>keep punishing some guy's fullscreen super dashes
>he just puts his controller down and gives up because he literally does not know how to approach opponents normally

>tfw finally starting to get the hang of this game
>team of Yamcha/SSGoku/FatBuu

I still have trouble getting long combos, but at least I can competently fight now.

You seem like you'd like Ginyu. Great battery (good for Yamcha & Tien), your 2 characters' assists help both his neutral and his pressure, and for some reason I get the impression you're a kind of player that enjoys a character like him in regards to really flashy overwhelming gimmick character that's actually viable.

My team right now is Cell/Trunks/Yamcha, in that order, and that seems to work decently well. Cell, Trunks, Goku, Goku Black, and Vegeta all seem like they could fit pretty well on any team, so try some of those, maybe?
Where do you put Yamcha in your team? I have mine as the anchor 'cause I really need the meter for Wolf Fang Flash.

I'm using those 2 and running a mediocre Black as a 3rd. I kinda want to try out Cell or Frieza but havent really gotten around to it.

>Beerus' level 3 only deletes Black

While that is satisfying as hell it really should delete anyone it kills

Long combos aren't anywhere near as important as just getting decent confirms in and having them lead to knockdown.

>be shitty blue
>only get matched up against orange and higher
I should just end it

*Denies your comeback*

That'll be $29.99+tip.

Save replays when you get turbo fucked on so you can see what other people do that you arent

Love how Ginyu plays but he sounds like you need to lab for like a week before you can hit ranked with him.

I put Yamcha on point, I don't use the flash that much at least for now, most of my mixup game is the corner cross up with auto combo and M wolf fang fist.

Black sounds good for the assist but I don't really enjoy him.

I used to play 18/Yamcha/Tien. 18 can make pretty decent use of both of their assists, then again I think any character can because Yamcha and Tien's assists are pretty fucking good.
I'm trying Yamcha/Beerus/Tien right now but I only just started labbing with this team yesterday, so I can't really say if it's a good idea yet.

While it may seem rough, it's one of the best ways to learn! Pay attention to what they're doing, why you're getting hit, and then try to replicate it, or do something similar.
Anything in particular you feel you need help with?

I can't figure out a third for my team either.

Currently using tien and 21. Kirllin is trash, I suck ass at 18. I don't like 16. I don't want to use something gay like black or vegeta. Dunno what to use.

Got demoted from yellow to light green, won't be touching online for a while because I don't want my lobby character to look like more of a shitter than it already is

What’s your BP at?

Man, you gotta use the flash! It's absurdly useful! Fullscreen range and leads to a full combo!

>tfw been stuck in dark green for like a week

god i hope broly is good
he's my favorite character

Ginyu is just knowing what each Summon is useful for in neutral, in a blockstring, or both (for some). Hitconfirm off of something in neutral into a pressure situation and go ham, since your shoulder barge special can be canceled into either summon.

Why should people care about their square colors? If anything you get less denied matchups the lower you are.

I don't really get how Beerus is supposed to play. Never seen a strong one but people say he has a very mixup heavy set play but I've never seen it in action

Anybody EU want some games?
Or US, I guess, if you're fine with possibly flaky connection.

>I don't want something gay
>plays Mary Sue 21

???

It's an ego thing, I know it doesn't actually matter and having a lower one just means people will underestimate me, but I still wish people would see me in the lobby and think "he must be pretty good"

I have the feeling someone will figure out a really cool gameplan for krillin with that afterimage special like that blazblue ninja that i can't remenber the name, hibiki i think

Alright so currently my team is Cell/16/Frieza but I kind of want to branch out from top tier cancer and try fun characters. I'm currently considering Nappa/Fat Buu/Frieza, would that be a good team?

Also post your teams

Why is Krillin's assist so useless? It seems like you have no choice but to have him in the front.

Wow faggot. Your special snowflake team will be shit no matter what with that team, play Black and Vegeta if you like either of them

I used to run 21/Nappa/Frieza but the Nappa and Frieza assists kinda felt like they overlapped

Nah. I did that for a while. I've got some combos down, and I could TELL you what to do in a situation, but being in a match and doing it is way different. I get smoked, and no matter how hard I try, I can't fix it.

Hibiki's afterimages are pretty garbage for mix-up, honestly. They're super slow and you can beat them by jumping, meaning they're only truly viable when used after a knockdown, and in that situation, you have much better options.
Krillin's is inherently much better for mix-up purely because the low option is a pressure starter, and access to assists means you can continue pressure even if the (presumably negative on block) overhead is blocked.

it's the fastest command grab in the game actually but all command grabs are slow compared to other games.

Fair enough. I'm still learning the neutral game and trying to figure out what confirms into what.

SS Goku, Frieza, ultimate Gohan.

Working on my blocking game and my jumping overheads. If I can get those down, I might be alright at this game.

>constantly get matches where either I shit on my opponent or I get shit on
>when I get shit on I take it like a man and even go for a rematch cuz I want to learn and git gud
>when I shit on almost anyone even in the slightest they immediately disconnect
This shit makes me really mad, but at least I have a green name which is kind of like a badge of honor to me.

God, Trunks' level 3 is so satisfying, especially when you just run up to them and do it. They never see it coming.

16's assist enables them both pretty well and he uses Yamcha/Tien assists really good.

Good on ya'. Try not to focus too much on getting the most damage out of your hits, just get some hits in before going for the knockdown. Combo optimization will come naturally as you progress.

Hmm guess I'll have to try it out, though I admit one of my biggest weaknesses right now is that I barely use my assists, I'm just not very used to team fighters yet I guess.

>never payed a fighting game in my life
>spend a good 8 hours practicing a few universal combos
>"okay, time to actually try playing online"
>try a few casual matches and relentlessly stomp on everyone I was matched with
>fight a guy who gets me down to a single character
>he still hasn't lost a single character
>somehow manage to get him down to just frieza
>he collects all of the dragon balls and restores all of his health
>he turns golden
>proceed to combo him to death and he doesn't rematch
>"wow, that felt really good"
>"okay, maybe I'll try ranked now"
>get matched with a guy with 100+ matches and 83 wins
>every single hit he lands, every single one, turns into a full combo extended twice by assists
>raped to the point that he almost perfects me
>don't want to play casual matches
>don't want to play ranked
>don't think learning more combos will do much of anything for me
>not sure how I feel about the game

Is this normal? Are there any fighting games where high level play don't consist of any hit you land turning into 15+ seconds of combo punishes you can't break out of?

welcome to arcsys

no just refund

>I'm just now finding out what the green name means
I thought my name was just green for stylistic purposes because everybody else had white names, I didn't know it actually indicated anything.

Same here, man. Can you give me any tips? I'm trying to figure out the neutral game, and I'm so awful. I can do combos, but because my neutral is so weak, it's useless knowledge.

Maybe friend me and fight?

Welcome to anime fighters, enjoy your stay.

It kinda sucks doing BnB combos all the time and not pulling off anything that will end up on a highlight real. But if I get the win, I won't complain.

Shit servers

I have this problem, only it's every time I'm blocking and go to throw out a punch, I get hit.

Maybe I just can't tell what's safe and what's not, cause I just get bodied every time by that.

>21
>mary sue

I've already put way too much time into the game for steam to refund it.

That just comes with experience, hell one of the most common pressure tactics in this game is to cut your blockstring short and bait the opponent into trying to jab, then stuff it with your own

Try to find matches on youtube where they use your characters and see how they approach and defend, you need that way more than combos right now

It’s usually better to chance a reflect or vanish instead of hitting them out of their string unless it’s something like Blue Goku’s autocombo which is designed to be interrupted.

Nappa/A.Gohan/Vegeta

Trying to figure out how to get out of block strings, my reflect game is super weak and I feel like it's a waste of a vanish

I don't really have any tips, as I'm still learning too. Just keep playing and look at online videos to help you out.

>1 bar to get out of pressure, dink them for a little damage, and put them in the corner
It’s better than it initially seems.

Hmm, yeah. I'll try that.

You were probably given an MMR (or color) already for playing casual matches, afaik at least the initial placement is completely based on win %.

Me and a friend have played 100+ matches and I was given orange because I have a higher win rate in those ring matches. I proceeded to get fucked online because the game thinks i'm a god. You just gotta let it rape you until it finds your true skill.

Only playing casually but my team is Goku Black/Ginyu/Frieza. Thinking of switching one to Bardock though when he comes out.

Trust me it happens to pretty much everybody in anime fighters. It all just depends your mentality I guess, when I would get combo'd into oblivion like that it would just make me want to get better and reach that point instead of discouraging me. Honestly the most important thing is that you pay attention to what you're doing wrong and not just focus on doing super long combos like that. It does take some dedication which is why fighting games are a niche, but once you get matches where you're the one doing the raping or that are really really close trust me the adrenaline rush will make you come back for more.

Piccolo/Goku/Teen Gohan

Leading with 214M with Piccolo is hilarious. And Teen Gohan is great as an anchor, I feel. A lot of potential single combo damage as long as you got the meter. Goku is Goku.

Not that guy, but it's damn tough trying to 'see what you did wrong' when you have next to no idea what's 'right', you know?

That's what I'm struggling with, anyway. Trying to put my lab into practice.

Cell/16/Vegeta, I don't see how you don't have fun with Cell corner loops and 16 hard knockdown into anything you want, I'm going to drop the Vegeta assist crutch when Broly is released so hopefully he's also OP as fuck.

You make a good point, I just can't seem to convert the vanish into a combo, I either miss or it get's blocked

>tfw you always crouch at the beginning of every match because you’re expecting the super dash
>tfw they still do it 70 percent of the time

Vanish can’t start combos, it can only extend them and you have to do that very quickly after the previous move hits to get the wall bounce.

It's not so simple as knowing what's right though, there are too many options for there to be a clear right choice all the time

Watch the replays, see where you got hit, then ask yourself what you could have done differently in that moment to get a different outcome, whether it's an option that would've beat them cleanly, or just kept you on the defensive and in a less disadvantageous position

Will they ever bother to fix the goddamn lobbies. It's embarrassing getting dropped when I've got the advantage and it's even more embarrassing getting dropped when I'm getting my ass handed to me. I shouldn't be the one getting kicked out because I actually land a body change arcsys let me enjoy the moment.

I usually start my rounds, especially against new opponents, with forward jump block

Advance while still blocking, it pretty much covers all your bases unless they do some absolutely off the wall shit like jump DR and nobody is gonna do a read that hard on a new opponent

Trust me I had tons of fun with them, but I always kind of wanted a mixup/setplay heavy character. I initially started out with piccolo but he's a little weak especially with the lack of hard knockdown, and I think Fat Buu/Nappa fit that mold quite well.

If they block your vanish on the ground you can keep pressing buttons (+ frames on block)

>No rooms found

Watching footage will give you a general idea of how you should be approaching the game. The game has a built in replay channel where you can watch people play or you can view stuff on twitch/youtube.

>DISCONNECTED
>back to title screen

Yeah, I'm working on that. I am getting better, albeit slightly. I'm learning pressure combos and blockstrings and that stuff. Defense is tough though. Wish I had a fuckin coach or some shit.

Thanks, dudes.

Well it's not like you're going to know the exact right option every time, we're humans not robots. What you should really focus on is your neutral and fundamentals, try to observe your own patterns, like if for example you do something to often change it up a bit especially if it's unsafe. Also, like others have said watch videos/replays to find out your best options, figure out your characters best tools and use them, And don't try not to be too predictable. At least those are some things I always keep in mind when I'm trying to improve.

I think you'll like brkrdave's style if you haven't seen him (Majin Buu/Beerus/Piccolo)

youtube.com/watch?v=tor5Xw5MBUc

Alex Valle is playing Piccolo right now (twitch / leveluplive)

Defense is always the hardest thing to learn in fighting games since you can’t go to training mode for that. It usually helps just having a friend to play with.

*saves your game*

Do you guys seriously have to wait for the patch with Broly just to be able to save your game, one of the most basic features of modern games? Lmaoing at your life

Yeah, I've got some pals, but they're rarely around. And you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at how tough it is to find someone to just practice with.

What's with the trend of people playing ranked matches, and not completing a set?
Doesn't matter if they win or lose, like 60% of my matches has the other person return to lobby immediately.
I just don't understand the mentality behind it.

I main Trunks, Yamcha , Tien in that order. Works pretty good, Goku black also works for obvious reasons

You're probably a laggy fuck and nobody wants to continue playing you.

I don't really have this issue. I do understand them returning to lobby if they get their ass 100%, completely handed to them. I think most people want fights in their favor, or even ones.

Yamcha, Trunks, Ginyu here.

Figured out a 7 meter combo. It's completely unviable so I basically land it as a taunt.

youtu.be/B12EjKkssXo

Alright Cred Forums, it's time to come clean.
What are your biggest flaws you're noticing in your gameplay right now? For me it's
>Dropping combos
>Mistiming blockchains
>Forgetting to use assists

I’m pretty sure the mentality is ”I don’t think I can win the second round” in both cases.

yea dude you just gotta EX heavy duel chain bmx low hop half circle press into super and that should work

>forgetting to use assists
>jumping back and superdashing when I get out of a blockstring or dodge an attack in neutral
>fucking up IADs

Protip: Set your frame delay to 3 while practicing combos. Brings the timing closer to online matches.

>not using assists
>backdashing too much leading to getting combo'd

I keep getting caught mid backdash, seemingly unable to block.

Well yeah, backdashing has recovery frames. This ain't Tekken, you can't cancel a backdash into a block.

>Half the yellow ranked people I come across are purple-indicated rage quitters
I'll play them sometimes, just to see if, for once, they won't quit. It's always hilarious to see them with their Supreme Kai/Demon rank, near perfect W/L ratio, and their almost complete inability to combo or deal with being combo'd.
And if they DO know something, it's a meme tactic that once you figure it out they can't do anything else.

>Fail to 2H a superdash, but block it instead. End up 2Hing anyways after blocking it.
>Almost never do any blockstrings
>Intentionally dropping combos because I feel bad for doing the same exact one 4 times in a row

>finally get a good combo off with Hit
>destroy all 3 of the other guy’s team in a reverse 1character
>counter every stray Ki blast and punch
>Hit his last character, Freeza, with a Lvl 3 as he superdashes up to me

THIS IS THE STANCE! O_/_/

The doughnuts were made that day

Rate my team pls

>Yamcha
>Frieza
>Tien

Boyfriends and Third Wheel/10

Krillin is fine you suck ass.

Use it in a corner after hard knock down.

I thought I was special for playing Yamcha/Tien. Can you guys fucking stop?

>Want to switch but I end up pressing calling them for assists

Every goddamn time

>eat Vegeta with Buu
>His 21 eats my Buu
>I eat his 21 with my 21

Going multiple levels deep

>played 3 online matches at launch(only lost one), started playing story mode to unlock 21 but it was fucking awful and I stopped playing the game altogethet
>jumped back in yesterday and plowed through just to unlock 21
I'm a huge fighting game shitter, will I be decimated jumping online now? Heard the player base dropped significantly on PC but I'm on PS4

First form freezer is my favorite freezer.

Wish he was playable in more games

That’s hot

>Picollo
>Beerus
>Frieza

Gimmicks and Fucking off for 2 characters and then Frieza for the finish

Krillin/18/Hit
here.
used to have teen han but I felt like I needed a punish character.

>that horrendous design
hell no

nah, plenty of new people still, even on PC

>tfw can't decide on having Tien, Bluegeta or Ginyu on point for my ___/Majin Buu/Gotenks team
fuck, the fatso and the gremlin clicked with me instantly but all other characters feel so meh compared to them

>basic bitch misinputs leading to dropped combos
>not using assists nearly enough

I need to dedicate a few days to just getting inputs down. They arent hard or anything, I just fucking suck ass

>aerial hitconfirms
>punishing obvious super dashes
>remembering to use assists during blockstrings
>just blocking and not trying to contest any blockstrings good players do against me
fucking hell this game
anyone wanna play EU? Steam name: Konanza

Tien

His blast Assist is useful

>Learn how to play both Buus effectively
>If both of them die I'm pushed back to by scurbby ass Vegeta who I have not found out how to do jack shit with
Who here playing with one foot in the grave as soon as a match begins?

>SD far too often to try and close the gap.
>Fucking up blockstrings and leaving myself wide open
>Trying to throw a light jab when the opponent is mid blockstring instead of waiting
>Not reacting quick enough to SDs, blocking, whiffing, and being hit after.
>Not applying enough corner pressure cause I simply don't know how.

There's probably more, but whatever. Feel free to add me on ps4(NA) to practice [Soustematichaos]

>Playing Vegeta for his assist
Serves you right. I'm a diehard Vegeta fanboy and found setups with him that nearly kill using no more than 2 bars

>Playing Vegeta for his assist
Hate dudes that do this. Makes no sense to me. I'm with you, man.

> being this proud of playing a top tier character
neck youreslf

cry about it lol

Are there any characters that are obviously shit tier yet?

i'm autistic about cannon teams

my secondary back up is vegeta blue/goku blue/ trunks in destroyed west city.

but im trying to main piccolo/ ----/ krillin , whats a good mid or point that fits into the lore of these two. i accept movies as well. sadly no base goku yet.

Teen Gohan

Just play the best team.
Buu/Buu/Titty Buu

I'm too aggressive and end up getting myself hit by dumb shit like airdashes and raw supers.

It's the Dan effect. Nobody expects anyone playing seriously this character until he beat their asses.

Android 18, Tien, Yamcha, or Teen Gohan

yeah i was afraid you say that, i try t.gohan but his universal and moves feel foreign than anyone else. and im terrible at these bomb loops.

I don't think so. Maybe a DLC character will suck ass.

If Mr Satan ever gets added should he summon the dog to help? Should he have a special victory animation with 18 where he pays her to take a dive?

Same. I try to at least keep some sort of head canon in my team's. (Goku, Frieza, ultimate Gohan). Technically Frieza never met 'ultimate' Gohan, but he met adult Gohan, and that's good enough for me.

Use Tien for the assist , good for zoning

isnt he always suppose to be ultimate gohan, i mean i guess he was in the tournament of power

Yamcha

Yeah, I know what you're saying. But after super Buu, it just went downhill. He got some skill back in the tourney, so I guess he's still considered ultimate.

I haven't found a 3rd character yet so I'm sticking with the best option I've got for an assist

Hard knockdown or slide knockdown? Because those are different things.

Tien

He’s better as a mid than an anchor

He clearly means both, don't ask questions you know the answer to.

>he clearly means both
>when one knockdown allows combos and is techable while the other one doesn't allow combos and isn't techable

You can combo off hard knockdown. A16's 236L is hard knockdown, yet you can cancel it into super just fine.

Trunks main here.
He's my favourite DBZ character so I decideld he'd be my boy from the moment he was announced.

Not sure where I should use him though.
My current team is Trunks/Vegeta Blue/ Nappa, in that order.

Would Nappa be a better point character?

I use Nappa on point, but Piccolo is my mid and his assist turns Nappa into a behemoth.

Krillin/Piccolo/SSJVegeta on some Andriod Saga map. They squaded up so many times during those chapters

Why is there so few porn with 17 fucking 18

I need help niggas, how do you punish Kid Buu?

Wait for him to do his Sonic Spinball move. Kid Buu players ALWAYS try to follow it up, leaving them open for a Down Heavy

I've been maining Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks in that order to learn the game since they all have the same bread and butter staircase combo. Now that I can execute the bread and butter combo moderately consistently I was thinking of switching it up. Is there anyone cool I could mix into my team?

My only real main is 16, and only because I want an excuse to shout Dunkin Donuts when fighting Hit.

Who are some good compliments for 16 with 16 as the anchor? Don't say Yamcha or Tien, they suck

Majin Buu is pretty cool, you can do his assist after a grab and it does enough hitstun for 16 to continue the combo with a Super Dash.

Hop kicks is unironically one of the best moves in the game.

You gotta love how Majin Buu is one of the strongest villains in the canon of DBZ yet he's still a joke character

Hit pairs really with 16.
16 makes his approaches safer, hit can extend 16s grab combos.

This
In the story mode you never see him defeated, he just sleeps all the time

Kinda wish I could play him but I’m shit with Fat Buu

my advice is to j.S 2LMS zIP z0p zoPPiTy w00P p3dding pop my asshole superx3

I always fucking drop my blocks because I instinctively try to attack

>it ain't me starts playing

>Fuck up my combo finishers because I usually drop them near the end
>underestimate some characters lows
>IAD fuckup

Learning to play a stick while also learning to play the game leads to all kinds of twists in my brain