I sure love dealing with randomized rng explosions in a game where knowing boss patterns and movements is key to victory

I sure love dealing with randomized rng explosions in a game where knowing boss patterns and movements is key to victory

>knowing boss patterns and movements is key to victory
Maybe in G rank. Before then your victory is an equipment check away. Try a different weapon, get some different gear, twenty minutes later and you've got a dead monster.

His attacks are LITERALLY PRINTED ON THE GROUND.

What the fuck else do you want?

In a game where a huge part of the combat is getting locked into your attack animations this kind of thing is incredibly annoying. Even if I can see the bolts clearly they can show up while I am mid swing. Compare it to literally any other fight, nerg for example, you can memorize where his openings are and after his moves that you know have no followup you can capitalize. With Kirin you could have each skin follicle on that horse memorized and it won't give you any advantage over the fight because a lightning bolt can form behind you just out of range of your camera and get you carted,

Literally git gud. The only attack anybody should be having trouble with is Nergigantes superman dive.

if he does the 3 to 4 bolts in front of himself, he will often do the 4 bolts close to his body. keep ur placements crisp.

>getting locked into your attack animations
Use a weapon that doesn't hinder you so much in this way. You know exactly what it is you need to succeed but you intentionally ignore it because you want to use a different weapon. You're the one erroneously thinking that every boss should be exactly the same difficulty with all of the weapons.

Solo him, way too many shitters that run in with nerg shit.

>fastest game in the series will all the weapons substantially sped up
>still complains it's too slow
god i hate you button mashing retards

>huge part of the combat is getting locked into your attack animations
That literally only happens with Demon Dance for Dual Blades.

>Nergigantes superman dive
Can't you just sheath your weapon and dive yourself? I tested it yesterday and seems like this actually works.

I watched my housemate who quit weed because it permanently lowered his iq and reaction times that works at a supermarket stocking shelves beat the tempered version of this solo without getting hit once.

You just fucking suck. This game is so easy.

Sorry cant hear you over beating it with hammer and not even using all my first aid med. Its so unfair I dont burn any resources in the kill.

are you fucking monhan first time babbies actually having troubles with kirin? one of the easiest fucking enemies in the entire series?

The only truly horrible and unfun fight in the game, that represents everything that is wrong with the end game fights in the game, is tempered Teostra, who has a 100% guaranteed, unavoidable hit on you if you get stunned by its roar, that can take a huge chunk out of your health or straight up one shot you at full health if you're a gunner. Coincidentally, that roar is one of the most unpredictable and long reaching roars in the game.

Kirin is a pretty awful fight though, I'll give you that. One hit kill AoE moves with odd, radomized and sometimes invisible hitboxes are absolute cancer. Subhuman shills will defend it though.

I've never had a single issue with Kirin
If you cart to Kirin, fucking revaluate your life.

>Getting locked into your attack animations
Glaive main here, new to the series. What if my attack animations are my most efficient evades?

Kirins explosions aren't randomized. It either does a heavy head movement and makes 3 lightning strikes in front of it or a twirl that makes a ring around it from head to back. I fucking love Kirin because it has nice tells and recoil on his attacks.

>Crit Draw
>Focus
>Punish Draw
>constantly getting headshots and lv3 charges

SnS vs Tempered Kirin while keeping 3 randoms from carting dizzy or paralyzed is pretty fun.

>I've never had a single issue with Kirin
Prove it fag.

>the lightning bolts that strike randomly around the area are not randomized

Just a reminder that these are the type of people you spend most of your time talking to on Cred Forums

sleep bomb

>start demon dancing
>big mon telegraphs a powerful attack
>scream internally knowing i did this to myself

>quit weed
>weed lowers iq
>weed lowers reaction times
have you ever googled weed?

[Laughs in bed of chaos]

I agree Kirin is hard, that's why he requires a different approach. I spent all game changing things up with Lance, dual blades and occasionally hammer. None of these worked for me against this little pony. So in the end I chose GS. Run up, Crit draw on his horn, sheathe. Rinse and repeat and you got a horn less, dead Kirin. Works every time.
tl;dr: sometimes you just gotta change how you play

Fuck off normie weed smoker dudebro.

LOL
Hes right you know. Playing while high makes you suck dicks but if you're sober theres no leftover effects. Open wikipedia or something and fact-check.

Lance actually works pretty well for Kirin, you can block Lightning and now it's tall enough that you can actually hit its face without clipping into its body and bouncing.

>Try to Counter a flying monster with Lance
>Wind from their wing flaps eats the counter and then I eat shit from their actually attack
Thank fuck for Powerguard

How is this nigger even a dragon? Lmfao

>sleep
lol shittiers still do this?

are you retarded reread what he wrote

When the hell are there multiple elder dragons doing the turf war that Ive seen webms of?
I thought it might be the 100 HR quest, but it turns out that one is a one at a time style quest.

This is such an outright lie holy shit

There's so many people straight up lying about MHW in these threads, its disgusting.

And I dont even know why.

Took me 200 hours to get my first special weapon stone and then it's rarity6 for a weapon I don't even use. Just end my life bro

>he said, not getting a better kirin time

Nergigante is making me his bitch

if you fucking retards can't figure out that the bolts follow a pattern because they're the result of him doing an attack and not randomly smashing into the ground whenever then I don't know how you can figure out what button on the keyboard makes what letter appear

stop fighting the baby highrank and fight tempered elder kirin

Can you tell the difference between chinkification and westernization?

like there are alot of things you can complain about in world, but you're seriously going to go with kirin's design was "westernized" how can a lightning shooting unicorn be westernized, when unicorns are already fucking western in origin. get the fuck out of here

Fun fact:
Horse legs are basically giant fingers.

Wrong they are forearms

Dragon Horse with horns actually a chinese thing.

>There are now people literally making lore videos on Monster Hunter

World was a mistake. I'd rather the meme videos than this pretentious bullshit.

ok thats not what a unicorn or kirin is but cool fact

>left the virgin kirin
>right the chad kirin

It took its sweet time but I now finally understand what it means like to see your favorite franchise attract the kinds of people you wish it didn't. I wouldn't say worlds was a mistake per se though, as it improves on many things, but it's success is also its demise

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Kirin was such a pushover. Even tempered Kirin took about 10 minutes and I never even came close to dying. Did no one pick up the thunder mantle or something? I used a hammer, but he's also pretty easy with HBG when I tried that. Is looking at the ground to not walk on glowing spots such an advanced tactic? He's the least aggressive elder dragon; all it takes is a tiny bit of patience to not run up and spam attacks.

What games are faster? Frontier? lol

I made a session just for you OP. Git gud it's just a kirin.

What the literal fuck are you even shitposting about anymore?

>taking twenty minutes to kill one monster

Most people don't have issues with his (lack of) aggressiveness but the huge amounts of damage he is able to shit out. Thunder mantle, thunder res, and vitality mantle only help so much. Doesn't matter it he deals 90% of your HP as damage, or 70%. Kirin, in my opinion, is an amazing monster because it's the first time any player has to learn not to get hit, the hard way. Earlier it's an advantage to not get hit, but with Kirin its almost a necessity. I just wish this "wall" would come much earlier in the story to make people grow as hunters because right now most of the high rank people are still fucking garbo

>fastest game in the series will all the weapons substantially sped up
>This is such an outright lie holy shit
Learn to read fuccboi

I think that LR Kirin I did as soon as it was available was probably one of the most fun fights I had though
>over 40 minutes long
>2 carts
>tried to cap it when it started limping, because I had no clue what an elder dragon even was at that point
>still had fun though

both those weapons can stay mobile while getting in either constant hits (HBG) or quick heavy hits (Hammer) its a bit more difficult if you have a weapon that nees a bit of setup to attack and his attacks allow very little in the way of an opening, also being aggressive can get you zapped.

Qilin

Hammer is a really good weapon against Kirin because it enables a hit and run playstyle with the charges. Good to get in, hit the fucker and then get out.

It's true, it's not because you didn't play any MH games, you need to lie on the internet, user

>if you have a weapon that nees a bit of setup to attack
What weapon would that be?

Hammer is so fucking abuseable it's barely something to be proud of. When it comes to Kirin's bullshit, Hammer can easily bypass all the bullshit because of all it's more really useful stuff coming from gaining momemtum, and heavy charge attacks you can cancel unlike any other melee weapon.

switch axe you kinda have to deploy and most of the swings lock you in place for a second, so without either really good positioning or timing you can get zapped, specially if your aiming at his head, makes the fight very tedious and time consuming, also your super attack the ZSD is totally useless

Ingot set, thunder resistance level 3, thunder-proof mantle, and health booster. You're welcome.

Marijuana abuse can give you depression and dampened reflexes

ESLs were a mistake

?

>Trying to hit Kirin with SnS
>His fucking horn is just out of reach of most swings
>Charge attacks leave you in the air forever, and lightning has infinite vertical scaling
>Bounce off his stupid lightning

I can still kill hik fine but it's a lot harder than it was in previous games, he used to be shorter.

They literally tell you in game that any creatures that they have no common classification for gets classified as "Elder Dragon".
Hence Kirin, Nakarcos, Mohrans, etc. Even Zorah is just a giant hot turtle.

DohoHO! Just wait until you've gotten to Kush. THAT fucker is an exercise in patience. Go in without wind resist? prepare to be CONSTANTLY pushed over by his wind/attacks/proximity/thoughts. OH! He slowed down for a second because constant tornado-spam wore him out? Lol-no, he just aggro'd, now his stam-bar is instantly refilled. At least the B-52 bastard isn't floating over dropping bombs on EVERYTHING though.

(seriously though, this was the very first time Kushala Daora has ever been a challenge of any kind. my first tripplcart in mhw was to him. Serves me right for not speccing my armor/skills though.)

??

>literally what a Kirin is

As a SA main I can tell you're doing something wrong. And zsd is generally not very useful particularly on kirin.

Use a lance and get the Uragaan set bonus and facetank that shit.

how do you fight kirin?

Tfw theres a uragaan decoration but I haven't found it yet, so I'm forced to wear uggo armor

Probably have to kill tempered elders for it in the first place

?

>fireblight has DoT
>thunderblight has stuns
>iceblight has stamina drain
>waterblight has....slightly reduced stamina recovery
How do we fix Water bro's?

not that guy but as another swag axe user, just don't finish your combo and take a step back after 2nd or 3rd hit. when on slopes, slide then r2 to jump and hit the horn then hit it again as you land.

??

whats wrong with that, its super annoying, always has been

I had to fight Kirin a fucking tonne of times.

But you know what happened? I eventually got really good at it and was able to get kills first time from there on out.

Just like any other challenge in this game, Get good.

Sword mode triangle first attack, sidestep or back step if something is coming, otherwise circle first attack. Rinse, repeat. A bit simplified but it never let me down and it's the best dps you can get out of the weapon.
tldr, you should never use triangle combo and only use circle's 2nd attack if you need to charge your weapon.

And hence we repeat the phrase "13+ flash bomb allowance."

I agree.

But XX is faster.

>Uragaan 3 piece with Gunlance
LMAO'ing at your horse

Every weapon type except DB and Bow doesn't give a fuck about stamina management, plus they usually carry MDJ

LBG turns Kirin into a fucking joke. All you have to do is shoot him in the head with normals until he falls over, drop a wyvernblast or two, spread him while he's down or generally immobile, and bomb him when he sleeps. You won't get hit at all as long as you keep strafing, and the lightning no longer becomes an issue as his most annoying moves come out right on top of him. And before they nerfed slicing shot, he would spend like 70% of the hunt on the ground if you shot him with just that. Seriously, Kirin has never been easier than in this game.

Is it better to use HBG over LBG?

Just started yesterday and still in Low Rank

That slow stamina recovery gets you fucked of you're bow or dual swords.

Take the one you like.

Got a feeling that bowguns will dominate when this is released on PC, fuck trying to aim with a controller.

Git Gud
As long as the explosion can't hit you without being able to do anything about it there's no problem.

You play the refund your copy for using ranged weapons

But if you're going for kill times, HBG.

This. The Monster is fucking designed to have fast weapons used on it.

>not putting the barrels by the head

What? Why?

Weird, I have played this game for so long, I don’t remember people changing weapons to adapt to one monster. I mean, whenever something walls me (not that it happens anymore anyways)I just try to get better with my weapons, and it always works. Weird this new mentality, not even dissing, just a bit curious, I don’t remember hearing this kind of talk in 4U or XX. Are the monsters more exploitable now or something?

lol, what kind of casual crap is that?

Monsters are going to take full damage either way.

Read

Bombs are fixed damage so it's not like the position matters in that case. If they were going for the horn break it would be more important.

kush is a pushover I dont know what problems people have with it. just smash its face in. aura doesnt even reach there.

?

>he doesn't realize waterblight is the bane of DB users
If a db user gets ice and waterblight and can't cure it they might as well not fight.

You're such a faggot holy shit - what part of 'Elder
Dragon' did you miss about Kirin's species?

user go look up the wikipedia article on Kirin/Qilin. They're literally dragons shaped like a fucking horse - they're an ancient symbol of divinity and good luck and shit.

Make it slow movement as if you are in water.

I solo'd that little bitch with 0 carts

I have been playing since the first game though so i know all his shit

is the barroth tree sword and shield worth it? should i get that awaken skill for it or just stick with the great girrios sword for paralysis?

Haven't encountered tempered kirin but I wonder how my mirin suit will handle it. It did the job of two kirins at the same time with no carts.

Barroth SnS is the best raw option in the game

>raw sns

Depends, sometimes he'll follow up an attack with the dive not giving you any time to sheath. Otherwise, just diving gives you enough i-frames to avoid pretty much everything.

Actually, yes. You're using the dunk combo, right user?

This fag's easier than most high ranks if you use a hammer. Rank 2 charges all day until he falls over. Hell, he frequents areas that let you spam the air spin.

why are the hitboxes so shit in monster hunter compared to souls?

Kirin deserves it
Fuck that horse

Monster Hunter newbie here HR14 and I'm tempted to say gitgud. I've been using the glaive and the hammer and the former makes you impossible to hit and the latter knocks anything down with proper aim not to mention the mobility. Also elemental resistence gear seems to help a lot. This really seems to just be a casual filter in lack of a better term.

MHW is garbage and everybody builds non elemental now because nonelemental boost is stupid.

People make fucking raw DBs now for fucks sake.

Source?

fuck off worldbabby

inb4 they nerf non-elemental next :^)

shhh they'll fix it ;)
*nerfs HBG again*

They need to just remove the cap on elemental damage, or at least double it.

>can't enjoy the game because other people make builds you don't like

The autism is palpable.

Been playing since mhfu. Introduced a normie friend to the series with World. He can't think for himself and always looks for the latest clickbait Youtube Video for the next "op set". It's a fucking pain to listen to him while playing. So much that I resort to playing offline more recently. Mhw was a mistake

What kind of fucktarded thinking is this?
You should be ashamed.

Is multiplayer even worth it because I'm not falling for Sony's kike schemes

Raw SnS was still a thing before non-elemental, even, people just say a lot of stupid shit about the weapon and raw to status/element.

>those early days of 4U with LR gore+ceanataur set and diablos+gore GS sets

Raw SnS in this game was/is a thing because of the motionvalues on that shieldjump move, which is still silly.
Its like they're trying their hardest to kill elemental builds.

Before that game you mostly just took a raw SnS if you faced multiple monsters in a hunt with different weaknesses that you cant cover with one SnS.

Think of mp as expert mode difficulty DLC.monsters have 2.4x HP. Parts never get broken because your three retard hunters are too busy carting to nergigante, sometimes they don't even show up for most of the hunt etc. Play multiplayer if you wanna experience the dark souls of monster hunter

It's stupid how they still don't show you elemental damage properly. They wanted to appeal to casuals and make everything clear but you still have absolutely zero idea what's the difference between 400 raw and 400raw/300elem sword for example. How much is my elemental damage? What's the point of elemental GS? Does it scale with charge? Etc etc. Good fucking job, Capcom.

Not user but switch axes are subtantially faster in world

>new slow ass sword combos that don't let you dodge out of it
>faster

Quick and probably stupid question: The Golden and Silver Eggs are just meant for selling, yes? No reason to keep them? I spent 2 days farming for Vaal Hazak Fangs to make this cool lance and I'm broke and don't want to have to farm this Beetlegoose/Odogaron Investigation for Zenny.

Thank god the OST for Vaal is great.

I mean, now you can figure it out thanks to damage numbers, so thats not as much of a problem, merely an annoyance.

They just botched the skills in this game and for some reason weapons have an elemental cap.
Weakness Exploit and non-Elemental boost need to go.

yeah gold and silver eggs you can sell.
also use the bandit mantle for $$$$$$.

I use a raw db because i like how Sin looks.
Twin nails and demolition claws look cool too but i don't have them yet.

Sword swing speed = faster

Stop being contrarian

>get hit by lightning
>get stunned

>not becoming one with the beast inside you and unleashing hell with nerg's beast claws

Do you even awooooooooooo?

>mfw rather fight Niggergante than El Diablos Oscuro

Am I the only one?

Is there a way to completely negate the half hp bullshit by the blight dragon?

Honestly man I could barely tell the difference

No. Fuck diabolos.
Faggot always burrowing underground and ignoring my screamer pods.
Sniping me from across the room with a rocket charge.
And generally just not staying fucking put.

I dunno, Frostpeak SnS in XX wasn't necessarily used just because it had a bit of ice on it. 4U was also raw city and the Molten Tigrex SnS is just barely shy of matching something like the Rajang one on thunder-weak monsters like Deviljho and Seregios. You'd obviously still make more kinds, but a lot of people underestimate the hard raw part. Brach SnS in 3U and Hellblade in Gen were overstatted

The dunk combo is still silly, yeah. It's more 'shield' and barely using the sword part which is arguably more finicky to use, and it doesn't help that the element cap being ~30% of a weapon's base element is really fucking awful.

Gem for resistance.

Effluvia resistance, make a few pieces of his armor if you didn't get lucky with decoration RNG

What about his lightning bolts that randomly target you as long as you're within aggro range? What's the tell for that?

You standing still is the tell for that.

Salty, bitter Faggots Unite tards.

*This kills the MHW casuals*

Sometimes El Diablo really just does not stay in one place, I don't blame you

kys chink

Yea man, Nerscylla was soooooo hard, and this statement isn't sarcastic at all, btw

>element cap being ~30% of a weapon's base element is really fucking awful.
What did you mean by this exactly? How can the cap be less than the weapon's value? I'm confused.

>go in for attack/booster/sharpen
>bolt decides to target me immediately when I start the animation
???

It means 130% is the max you can get.

>not being psychic

Plebs

Why does that even exist? There's no attack cap is there? Seems very arbitrary. Is there some kind of mechanic we haven't gotten wind of yet that makes elemental sleeperOP?

Lance wrecks kirin's shit though. I beat tempered kirin with no trouble, and that was my first time actually using a lance. just poke him in the mane and be ready to backhop if the ground beneath you starts glowing.

Mhw makes me want to hold my copy of MHFU and MH4U closely as i watch my favorite series die.

>go in for attack/booster/sharpen
>charging monster decides to target me immediately when I start the animation
???

How is this different than anything else?

You can only increase your weapon's elemental damage by 30%. The first few gems in [Element] Attack may do something, but if the weapon's base element is too low then you can't boost it. Like try adding Dragon Attack gems on a Nergigante weapon and notice how adding in more gems won't boost the element any higher, while a weapon a ton of element on the base element already will be able to benefit from all five pips filled.

The game warns of a cap on elemental attack and status buildup, though doesn't declare what they are. Yes, it's dumb.

But 4 was what killed monster hunter in the first place.

>waah waah I'm even too much of a casual for MHW: Westernized low IQ ameriburger Edition

>Nergigante superman dive

Lance laughs at that move

There's a snake in his boot. And by "a snake" I mean "shit". And by "boot" I mean "post".

>he thinks that any MH is actually hard or challenging
Found a low iq mongoloid

I laugh at lance users that think they can guard through it only for the spikes to hit them from behind and kill them.
I've seen more lance users die to el gigante negro than anyone else.

Not that user, but, there are no swinging animations that can be canceled midswing.You factually are locked into your attack animations, but NOT your recovery animations.

That said, you forgot Wyvern's Fire. You're completely married to that shit for even longer than a Demon Dance.

The fact that they went and did all this stuff for better QoL and then went and brought the class modifiers back again instead of showing true raw and true element is some bullshit.

Are we playing the same game? It's a game about gearing up against each particular bosses.

I think Xeno looks cool but his damage output us too low to be a threat, except for his huge AOE that carted me twice.

He could be the best endgame huge boss if his G version is more threatening

>play hammer from the beginning
>time to upgrade my hammer
>it needs a tail

Every single time. Is hammer supposed to be a secondary?

Google for "longma". It's literally a horse dragon.

>Weakness Exploit
every hunter i meet has lost an eye

psycho mantis best endgame boss
besides even if they make g xeno more threatening his theme still sucks

>not using teostra's gloves

The only thing I want from a G expansion is extended weapon lines, with designs like the old games.

Thanks, now my fucking red arms clash with my set

I think it's ironic how niggergante is hyped up as this elder dragon hunting nightmare when he'll drop like a sack of bricks with far less time and effort than any of the other elders. He'd actually be harder without his spike gimmick since you'd need to aim at his head most of the time instead of the much safer weak points he keeps making that trip him when broken.

I get the feeling he was designed to be about as hard as the average flagship but got booted up to being an endgame monster when they realized an overgrown thorny devil derived from an unused seregios concept wasn't cool enough.

new to this monhun stuff, what are the odds he gets a much more difficult variant?

Pretty high

>caring about fashion when theres less than 30 sets to choose from

Pretty high? The vast majority of monsters get at least one variation, and all three of its ED peers have one, with Lunastra, Rusted Kushala Daoara, and Oroshi Kirin. They're all a bit odd though in one way or another, rusted is considered a variant and not a subspecies, and shares a lot of the same drops as regular kush, oroshi kirin had much more predictable attack patterns and ended up being easier than regular kirin, and lunastra is explicitly the weaker of the pair and was eventually completely superseded by her husband in the same way that monoblos was quickly overshadowed and replaced by diablos.

What would be the gimmick with Nergigante and Vaal variants? For nergigante I think the spikes should take longer to grow, but when they do, they go black immediately.
And for Vaal maybe his effluvium should eat sharpness away.

Attack the tail a bunch, then throw a boomerang at it. That's literally what it's for.

Terrible ideas. especially for vaal.

You should hate him for being a prancy bitch who won't stop long enough to land more than a few hits, or how once you do land a few you gotta fuck off. He's annoying and that's fine, but you're complaining about things that aren't an issue.

Cutting is simply a damage threshould but needs actual cutting damage when the threshold is met? Kind of lame but does simplify things. Don't need need boomerang if cat has a blade too.

All breaks accept all damage sources to reduce their HP to zero but then only accept certain damage sources to trigger the break itself after HP is zeroed. That's even how it is for certain breaks that require an element.

Unless it's been changed. I don't know for sure, from not having played World.

>beat boss
>EZ GAME CASUAL TRASH
>can't beat boss
>artificial difficulty bad mechanic shit game

Kirin has bullshit damage in World

So if I attack the tail until he is almost dead, and throw a boomerang, it will be cut? Or there's more to it, like the final hit will decide if it breaks or get cut, and if it breaks you can't cut anymore?

A tail cut is a break. Some tails have multiple breaks where they first look damaged before the cut happens. What I don't remember is whether or not on tails with multiple breaks does every break require cutting or just the final break (ie. the tail coming off).

Put on tobi gear, get thunder res 3 and eat for elemental res and those bolts ain't nothing

Five hours later, I'm awake. That twenty minutes factors in changing equipment, eating, and load times. :^)

>god i hate you button mashing retards
So real action games like DMC and Ninja gaiden = button mashing to you?

Give me some gimmick builds Cred Forums

But if I break a tail to the point of not breaking anymore, can I still cut it? Or is there a different threshold for breaking and cutting?

Hunting horn

MH is nothing like those.