Runescape

I just realized 5 years later how important this game was to me in my childhood. I had no irl friends between ages 10-16 and all I did was play runescape. I learned how to type, barter, make friends over text chat, and how to work together with others; I even ran a clan at one point, and was part of many. One of the funniest things is, looking back I only ever managed to get one level 99. I wasn't in it for the grind, I was in it for the community.

Any other anons play this game as a kid? Tell me some experiences you guys had with it.

Also, what about this game was so magical that no other games have been able to capture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru7JHxDkPR8
youtube.com/watch?v=7RNK0YBdwko
youtube.com/watch?v=tOaRmhLaMAY
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Falador_Massacre#In-game_history
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Falador_Massacre_(10th_anniversary_event)
nclark.typepad.com/nathan/2009/04/jagex-ltd-and-runescape-a-classic-example-of-market-economics.html
oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Farming/Patch_locations#Allotment.2FFlower.2FHerb_patches
youtube.com/watch?v=MqHK6NBF3Dk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameless bump with another RS meme

So THAT's where this is form.

And no, I never played this.

I laughed way too hard at this

This game taught me more about human nature than any book ever has.

>407292837
this

also i got stood up by some random i met last night, i feel annoyed

>first online game
>hey, come with me to wilderness and we'll quest
>get betrayed and he takes all my shitty stuff

Also,

>old hand guides me through opening quest
>shows me how to bake bread and power through early levelling stuff
>gives me 10k before she leaves

Truly, the duality of man

Last one I got.
Love this game.

Lmao those were great, thanks user

>What was magical about the game?

Ultimately, above all what made it magical was it allowed people to engage in an autonomous virtual world with other players. It was sort of like a big children’s play ground except in a mythological fantasy world.

The age demographics of RS when it was at its height as played a big role; most people were 8-18 years old. So it created a kid, no adults allowed atmosphere.

If you notice playing now the atmosphere has completely changed because now it’s 20 year olds who are playing; the atmosphere is more mature. No longer do you see the typical clueless noob trying to figure the game out, you see people min-maxing doing everything efficiently. No more random chatting and finding random people to do things. Because adults just are that friendly the way kids are.

It’s sad to see, if child’s today would play it the magic would be revived.

>never enjoyed runescape in is prime
you missed out senpai
same here, that game also got me interested in reading too bad they shat the bed with that eoc shit.

I played many other greats, don't worry.

>tfw RS taught you about scams and malware

buying gf

such a collosal fuckup

>5 years later
>he played rs in 2013
nigga rs was simply a gateway to WoW. rs was important to my childhood too but fuck i never logged back on after 2005.

>play rs3 for nostalga
>new free quest gower quest
>interdasing
>play though it
>tons of references only old players get

my heart and soul hurt

The only good thing about RS3 is that it paved the way for OSRS

sucks OSRS content wise is shit now.

>t. if it was released after 2006 its shit

when the GE came out I flat out quit. didn't even revisit RS07

kek

Wait a sec no one is asking your mining lvl when you grind for copper ore?

>ability book

runescape... baby.... what have they done to you?

Anybody who seriously played Runescape is a total faggot.
Pathetic.

I do see people talking to eachother, but its mostly some kind of flirting and stuff, i should know it happens to me quite abit.

The game's style looks so different I don't know if I could ever play RS3

i wish someone would make a game with modern tech around OSRS design philosophy
this is just fucking garbage. lets no even mention the JaGex fag parade they did

better then "go get 10 bear pelts" over and over again"

>that complete and utter douche that didn't respect the one man per rock mine etiquette and ran around stealing everyone's ore

>Player: this new interface is cool

You’re lucky if you can find one person to have a talk with you while grinding out anything.

It’s I personally thinking it’s a very important part of the RS experience and no one participated anymore. It’s all about productivity.

What do you think are some highlights of OSRS's design philosophy?

>the entire world blacklists him
>he has to switch worlds to sell
I miss this shit

You shouldn't. Play OSRS if you want to experience RS close to as it was.
RS3 has no idea what it wants to be, has a shit combat and UI system, over designed everything and macrotransactions up the ass

relax it's not a real player, it's just jagex sucking the ceo's cock.

man all that shit has gotten so comical that rs3 is basically a 3d adventure quest in its aesthetic

I actually learned how to type at 126wpm from RuneScape. I was 12 when I used to play it back in 2006-2007 and it was amazing. I very recently picked it up again with that year long membership and I've been grinding nonstop to get to Prif while watching movies with a group.

Surprisingly, after 10 years, my account was never hacked, but some of my friends had their accounts broken into recently because they weren't using the mobile authenticator. All 4 of them lost all of their stuff. Don't play without the mobile authenticator. Still, it can be disabled by a hacker, but it will email you to let you know before it's shut off.

I've found that the best place to talk to people is at the popular fishing spots (Karamja, Catherby)

>The good ol' days: Runescape before 07, Vanilla WoW, Golden age Simpsons
>Right now: Runescape 3 abortion, WoW WoD/Legion cancer garbage, Zombie Simpsons
What causes this? Once great things to just wither and die.

Thats not what i mean, the development is dead in the water

if there was no GE ppl would just end up using zybez or other platform to merch zzz dumbos

Corporate greed.

all good things must come to an end
all of those things witnessed their golden ages and then declined but still remained profitable enough to never be cancelled which results in complete creative bankruptcy while they keep those properties on life support
things are meant to last that long

Morality and time.

aren't meant to last that long, i mean

My typing speed is also blisteringly fast because of runescape, my teacher got pissed off at my typing style because of how unorthodox it was. Even today I still use a bastardized mix of my style and the "official" way to type.

I think the worst part is that they don't stop getting updated, they get milked for everything they're worth, robbing them of a death with dignity.

do you guys wanna see something really sad?
head down to funorb it's been a ghost town for like 8 years now.

Speaking as someone who stuck with RS on and off until EoC, OSRS updates within the same timeline since 2013 >>> most RS2 updates since 2007 within the same timeline.

So much of the games nuance was destroyed already before RS3, mechanics that weren't thought out at all were introduced (auras, herblore a combat skill, starting to overdesign everything, 'micro'transactions...)

To this day I type with only two fingers thanks to Runescape. I slept through the handful of touch typing lessons we got in elementary school too.

i was a lazy fuck anyway and never merched so the ge was fantastic for me

fucking this, as soon as the gowers stopped working on the game and that greedy fuckface mmg showed up everything went down the shitter

I still have yet to play a game that captures the feel of RS, especially the non-member areas

My question for you is, well what out there is in its golden age now? It feels like everything across the board is past its prime.

I was into sports a few years ago, but now all the good players are old and retired and the new ones are bland and boring. Hell, Cred Forums itself feels that way too, even is someone brings up how Cred Forums and pepe are technically more mainstream than any of the oldfag stuff ever was

>tfw you remember all those hours spent playing that Runescape turn based tactics game

they should have moved on

What about that worms rip-off, Arcanists? I had such a great time with that.

GE was the worst thing to happen to this game, wilderness changes were nothing in comparison

t. was a merchanter

oh you mean armies of SHIT WORLD NAME THAT ISN'T CANNON?

anything during/after the death of guthix is fan fiction and anything nu-jagex does is fan fic bs

Arcanists and that zombie rts game were my jam.

>filthy jews get upset when the game starts favoring the skillers instead
I'll just stand here in the GE casting High Alchemy until the world is swallowed by the sun, thank you very much.

you do you, I quit in 2006

i wanted all the fucking skills in runescape
i wanted them all

..never hit 99 in any one of them :((

wurm unlimited is kind of cool if you like horse fucking
you can also jack up the exp rate 10x

My nigger
>tfw beating people using payed spells with free spells
no better feeling.

they called it gielinor forever man, even like in 2004 and shit. way before death of guthix

runescape had the best quests of any MMO, even after the game went to shit there were still good quests. But now they only make like 3 or 4 new quests a year because they need to be voice acted and 'cinematic' enough

All the people angry at the grand exchange were angry about not being able to sell shitty items for exaggerated prices anymore.

They dont add quests or new items that are worthwhile so it shitty.

I wonder how many of those people play Warframe now.

>gay furry god
yeah, no fuck off the old quest were dope though.

save for one small favor and monkey madness

The G.E. facilitates trade and makes the game smoother.
They should make a new Ironmeme that addresses this issue.

Nowadays, if you have to do a task for longer than 10 minutes it's considered a ""grind"".
Little do they know, anons. Little do they know.

idea: the GE but buying/selling takes time (analogous to postage wait buying stuff online.) making buying from other players more appealing since that's instant.

the problem with pure merchanting is that if you're dealing with weird or irrelevant stuff, nobody has the item you want to buy.

got back into rs in december and im farther in the game than i ever was as a little kid playing for years. its still a fun game but i dont find anything outside of combat interesting desu

FUCK this shit was so damn good. I've hardly played worms games but for some reason this one just did it for me.

What even is the RS lore like now?

>Playing with somebody from school
>Say "damn" or something
>His mom starts typing for him and tells me to stop swearing

>that one douche who would always set up a cannon at rock crabs
>had to switch worlds like 10 times to find rock crabs that weren't filled with brine sabers and cannons

Fuck this shit, I'm just going to moss giant island to be in peace

the straw that broke the camel's back for me is the new style character models
it really makes you stand out from NPCs. Plus by making all the men /fit/ it broke part of the fun of seeing my character as a completely normal guy doing odd quests, instead of a "real" hero.
my memory says that RS3 had some better atmospheric sound effects, but with that said one of the most underrated elements of OSRS is the soundtrack and sound effects, which is very atmospheric.

I was a squeaky clean kid, never even dreamed of saying any naughty words. One time I tried to abbreviate "barbarian assault" as "barb. ass." to a friend. I immediately felt awful and begged him not to report me. Great times

a massive clusterfuck
>Zaros still mia
>gods have returned but don't do jack shit
>the player becomes "the world guardian" special snowflake style
>something something elder gods
>most of the quests have shitty voice acting
>super special OC heros who suck off the player character at all times
>super edgy plotlines

you tell me.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru7JHxDkPR8
Listening to this right now, the nostalgia is killing me

>the player becomes "the world guardian"
That sucks, one of the things I loved about Runescape was that I seemed like I was just some random Joe running around and getting myself involved with dumb shit.

I only got to lvl40 because I could only play it in internet cafes. And it was still amazing.
I still play on Cred Forumsscape from time to time, really excited to see all that content I never saw. Grinding fucking Smith is very fun compared to most shit nowadays. I guess nostalgia is the strongest drug

and that's not even touching the whole "pride event" fiasco.

I haven't heard much about Cred Forumsscape, could you give me a little bit of insight into what goes on there?

Mostly ownership circlejerking. The last time I played it was a buggy mess with most of the content unplayable.

>you missed out senpai
Was too busy playing Ragnarok.
Both of us missed out.

shitposting and grinding on a private server full of virgins, some quests have been programmed and there's double xp.

wish i was less stupid and lazy so i could set up a singleplayer runescape private server full of bots to dick about in

That sounds very lonely user, why not play on the official OSRS server, or private servers?

That sounds like a place to avoid until it gets running smoothly I guess.

problem with that is that you have to program quests in yourself, at least that's how I hear it from the vscape devs

>gay furry god
You're either thinking either Naragi (the race guthix was as a mortal, revealed before he got killed off) or Armadyl, the aviansie god

runescape the land itself was always called Gielinor

>it broke part of the fun of seeing my character as a completely normal guy doing odd quests, instead of a "real" hero.
I never thought about this, so damn true. More games should do the "just some faggot" PC.

vscape is pretty beefy in terms of content it is worth checking out.

Zaros came back, Seren is his sister and she came back too
Zammy got btfo humilated, player helps him power up again
Nomad and Sliske try some evil shenanigans and both get killed off i think

Not all the quests are in, but most of them, anyway. My lvl isn't even high enough to be able to complain about the stuff that's missing.
2.25x exp. People complain a lot about public chat being inner clique shit, but I don't pay attention to it. The average population is 30 maybe, 50 on a good day. As for the bugs that user mentions, I haven't experienced them but it's likely to be true.

There just hands down aren't enough people to play the game.

>Looks at player location
Edgeville
>Looks at Map
Varrock

Edgy 13 Y.O. me loved zammy, how did he get rekt?

have you ever had an rs gf Cred Forums?

I had one, we lured people into the wildy together, and made green dragon bots skull on us so we could take their stuff.

Yeah pretty much. I'm that stupid faggot who enjoys grinding so I'm still there but if you want that social experience Cred Forumsscape won't give you much of it.

It's less the social experience and more the lack of a way to get money since there isn't a reliable market in the slightest.

>luring flax bots
>luring willows bots
>luring dragon bots

Money? I've got tons of money just from thieving and I haven't even started hi-alching my stash, if that's your complaint jump right in with no worries.

singleplayer - tcp/ip runescape would be pretty neat

They did these world event things where ultimately players decided who won - Sara vs Zammy in the Battle for Lumbridge (Sara won, Zammy injured), Armadyl vs Bandos (bandos got killed at the end) etc

After that there was a quest where you help Zammy followers like Khazard, Zemouregal, etc do a heist for the stone of Jas to help Zammy regain his lost powers. You can choose to betray them at the end, but I dont know if it actually makes a difference. Later on there's a rematch of Zamorak vs Zaros, but then it ends with them calling a truce or something and Zamorak giving some of his energy or some shit to stop the apocalypse or something. He's still alive but power level fags (yes the rs fanbase has these) rate him as one of the weaker ones in terms of pure power

>MFW used to love Gods Exposed
>Go back like 9-10 years later
>Majority isn't funny now
>Part of me dies

Yes, she was a qt loli. We talked on MSN a lot. She eventually became a professional fire twirler.

O shid I forgot all about RS Gods Exposed. There's no way that's funny now, I remember I used to show it to my mom and she had no idea what was going on.
There were also those youtube money making tutorials that had people typing in notepad to 07dreamscape. Those were the days

>2007
>golden age of Simpsons

No, but I did try to roleplay as a girl, mostly to get plebs to give me free shit
>join some edgy varrock gang back in '05 in f2p
>become gang leader's gf
>gives me free shit and i get personal "bodyguards"
>get married at the chaos altar
>i whisper him to "blow me a kiss", but blow keeps getting filtered so i'm just telling him to **** me
>our "base" was the inn in varrock
>have a gang meeting upstairs in one of the bedrooms
>gang leader walks out onto the balcony with another girl
>can see her using the headbang emote on him
never again

>would play with my brothers
>lure people into wildy
>wore super low level armor and cheap weapons
>we'd equip better weapons and spring on people
>I'd use melee, one bro used magic, one used range.
>tfw loot

Sometimes we would get jumped by pkers who actually knew what they were doing and trying to escape them was always heart racing

>used to gather a small group of my friends, about 4 to 6 of us usually and just wander the wilderness
>sometimes run into solo players and destroy them
>occasionally run into other groups and have to fight for our lives
I miss the simple days

Hey guys, did you know if u type ur password into chat the game censors it?? see

password123

WOW WTF

>yeats later they actually started censoring it and putting a message in your textbox warning you not to be so naive

Please play Cred Forumsscape

>mfw alt-f4 worked
>all those fuckers I killed

I'll give it a go sometime this week, after my tests are done. How's the community?

>people start to wise up to alt-f4
>tell them to press ctrl-W instead

to be fair if he's british channel 4 was (And probably still is) airing old episodes

You ever thought that the reason you didn't have RL friends between 10-16 was because you spent all your time playing runescape?

Of course, though there were other factors at play as well. Either way, what's done is done, and I can't argue that runescape had a major impact on my development, in both negative and positive ways now. If it makes you feel any better I'm not a friendlet anymore.

This game taught me a lot of English, both from trying to communicate with players and from deciphering what to do in the quests.

I met my wife from runescape.

it's not just that. the fact that they're like 9 heads tall and look like gorillas because they have arms down to their knees, and weird fucking centaur legs. even the way they run makes them look like a fucking ape. try it on a female character to really see the difference.

i only played like 1 month a year for nostalgia's sake, but quit as soon as they updated to the new visual style because it was just so god damned ugly.

Can I get a story about that user?

I stopped playing osrs a few weeks after GE. that shit ruined the game

If anything the GE was a benefit to merchers

kinda backwards: i was dragged along to my mother's friend's place and convinced them to let me on their computer to play rs2 so I wouldn't be bored to death. I was like 13 at the time. Then their daughter around my age notices me and gets excited cause she had an account as well.

I never saw her again in person because I didn't live with my mum most of the year, but we talked for a few months. we never "dated" anyway

Hello Bitterness

The first and only time I was ever reported/muted was because I started typing "help! my ass is on fire!" at the Karamja crabs. My mom chewed me out too.

of course it did, user.

Lmfao me to. In hs i had a typing class and i am all over the place but fast as fuck and my teacher would get so pissed.

Man, I still don't have a 99. Shiiiieeeet.

I had something like 200+ days only to get one 99, in magic, I had a hard time grinding for one thing too long. My stats were very well rounded though

>All those dysfunctional Runescape fuckers I befriended
>hung out in-game every day
>Talked about everything like real friends
>Each of us said we would get this or that skill to 99
>Few of us followed through and we chilled around the world often instead
>Stop playing/lose contact with every one of them
>Boot up the game now
>Offline offline offline offline offline offline
>All of those defunct accounts that are just a mishmash of numbers and letters now
>Game is unrecognizable and feels barren besides without the old clan
>Guy comments saying my gear is weird to see because it's event stuff from eons ago
>Tell him yeah, it's been a while and linger around a bit
>Log out

i was lucky and had a mandatory typing class the same year i got into runescape, so it accelerated my learning and i retained proper 'form'

My stats are pretty low for 1300 hours, jeez. Got my 10 year cape too.

nearly everything has a lifespan of 1-2 years now. it's not worth getting caught up in nostalgia any more.

You are like a little baby, watch this
I have 21 99s and 2636 total level though

You could do literally anything you wanted with little restrictions except for shit like quest level reqs or needing a specific level to do a higher level version of the same activity. You could be a skiller, a fighter, a main, a pker, you could partake in any skill you wanted. The old days also had the benefit of more social minigames like castle/clan wars and burthrope games room not being dead. Nowadays it's "xp waste". No xp waste nerds killed all the unrewarding minigames so now people can't actually play shit like Trouble Brewing or even finish Shadows of Mort'ton at times. I still come back to OSRS to see what I didn't when I was a kid, do some skills, maybe even engage in minmax autism for a brief bit just to try it out (and burn out usually).

I think the most special part about runescape to me was how its quests functioned. Most of them took you on a journey and made you do all sorts of interactions ranging from puzzle-solving, traversing dangerous areas using various tools, killing crazy shit or telling NPCs to go buy their own god damn beer for once. Some of the quests even acknowledge when certain quests are done for a bit of unique dialogue, depending on what you've already done. Every single MMO I've played doesn't have that level of interaction or depth, it's usually just go from point A to point B for one quest, then kill x mobs in the area. Runescape also has examine text. As I recall from an user at one point, it's basically a point and click adventure MMO. With or without nostalgia goggles, it's an utterly unique game in of itself that I doubt any other game corporation today could replicate.

I genuinely wish I had your level of autism, I just can't stick with any one game for very long anymore. I got most of my time in back in High school.

Most are pretty welcoming of newfriends. There are are couple of autists and shitposters but nothing too extreme.
People getting triggered if you ask dumb questions in the global chat is about as bad as it gets.

>Oven Dodger
>Eat My Cum
>LE

Seems right up my alley

Any OSRS players here? Post your stats.

>f4 was the f key for the mage tab
>bound f keys to mouse buttons
>like to switch though all my tabs with the mouse buttons as some kind of ocd compulsion
>killing frost dragons
>accidentally press the alt key somehow
>"your account is already logged in"
>unable to log back in for several minutes
>finally get back in with a couple minutes on my grave
>run back furiously
>grave crumbles as I enter the dungeon
>lose rapier
Fuck me.

Be honest, how many of you botted?

>t. Jagex Moderator

Play Cred Forumsscape

Just a survey, include your in game username as well, thank you. :^)

Kek but seriously, I almost botted my way to a max cape before my account was suddenly reset.

had to redownload it, haven't played it in 2 years.

Seeing as I was lawful neutral as a kid, only once. Never on my main, but I set up a paid bot on my pure to kill desert goats and collect their horns. It got stuck and clicked the bank for 4 hours. It sucked and I didn't like the idea of breaking rules, so I gave the bot key to a friend. A week later she somehow had 99 mage. The clan was amazed at her leveling speed.

I was no longer playing when GE was introduced, but I was still keeping up on development. Lost interest in returning, for sure.

Played OSRS up until they added GE there, too, and it wound up killing the enjoyment I got from selling and buying just like I thought it would.

Frankly, I don't think I'd have the time these days to make gold via classic Runescape methods, but it does warm my heart when MMO developers forego instant gratification and trade automation to force players to interact. I get that isn't popular these days at all, but frankly, fuck people who play social games just to get bigger numbers faster. Chew your food for a few seconds and enjoy life.

Play the game the way you want to play it, however brings you enjoyment. I just think there's room for more traditional trading interaction in MMOs, and personally do not enjoy these new convenience systems.

I met a girl who played and we were friends. Her brother, mom and dad all played too and I knew them. I visited her on her birthday since she lived close-ish by. I liked her and teenager hormones kicked in, her parents noticed and then when I left we stopped talking. I guess they were super religious or protective and got defensive. We were kinda young so I guess it makes sense.

it was too sketchy for me. plus I had fun

Inconvenience is the backbone of the mmo.

on all 4 of my accounts but sparingly on my main, never got caught either lel

Runeacape taught me how to lie cheat and steal at a young age. Its amazing how nobody thought of collateral in those days like fuck me.

That was pretty great.

You know, better for it to happen virtually where you cry over 300K or something than for it to happen in life. Taught me a lot of lessons.

Thats the point retard. Player to player interaction is the core foundation of mmos

>i whisper him to "blow me a kiss", but blow keeps getting filtered so i'm just telling him to **** me

I always ran into sharks myself, never had a good trade.
>"selling x"
>offer to buy at average market price for x
>"lol"
or
>agree to one price
>meet up with player
>they change the price
>trade doesn't work and I've wasted money getting to them
That shit gets really tiresome. Nothing I hate more than dealing with wishy-washy jews instead of playing the actual video game.

That is part of the game, though.

Shame on you for going to the player instead of expecting them to meet at an established trading location.

These were established trading locations such as banks. It takes money to go from place to place in a timely manner.

Yeah I guess. I only got fooled once or twice before I flipped the switch. But i bet former runescape players are less prone to ponzis and shit.

Sure. Players came to the banks, though. How else would they have known you were selling something at the time?

Forum posts have always been a thing user. You'd know that if you had actually tried engaging in trades.

I traded exclusively in-game. Never visited the forums, just wanted to get into the game after school.

Hey anons, this is OP, thanks for keeping me company while I studied for my exam tomorrow, you guys have a great night

>not again
Made me laugh

Remember the darkest day Cred Forums?
I dont think there has ever been such an apocalypse in a mmo like that day

Well then what the fuck are you criticizing for? If a someone isn't selling or buying what I need at whatever bank I am at across various worlds then I am forced to travel or put it off, the trading section on the forums were there to help facilitate that player interaction. Regardless of my history with jews in trading that's just common sense even for someone that encourages trading with grubby merchants.

I suppose I just never felt compelled to go to the buyer, and never had a problem insisting on the other way around.

Remember Zezima? Was it botting?

May we never forget

I seen Zezima once, me and 40 others followed him around until he randomly teleported

If you traded exclusively in-game then wouldn't you have a problem finding people to insist to come to you?

Some days, yeah. I tended to sell high-traffic items - lobsters, rune essence, and bowstring - and if I had something to sell that wasn't quite as commonly purchased, I'd throw that offer out occasionally in between whatever I was trying to sell at the time.

>2D runescape
>walking around in lumbridge
>guy in rune armor steps in
>"Hey, want some free stuff?"
>Yes
>"Follow me"
>right click follow
>takes me to the wilderness and kills me
>REEEE IRL
>fast forward a couple of months
>meet a newbie
>Hey want some free stuff?
>"Yes!"
>Follow me...

They made a documentary on Runescape, from Jagex's POV

youtube.com/watch?v=7RNK0YBdwko

here's one of the parts that I imagine most here would find interesting, Zezima revealed.

youtube.com/watch?v=tOaRmhLaMAY

Back when construction first came out my friends and I would do a glitch using the vengeance spell and the spinning plate from diango that would cause the dmg from vengeance to lag just long enough to kick the victim from the player house and since the hit laged they would die outside and drop all their shit. Only about 7 people in the entire world knew this glitch and we got multiple rates with it since they had "low value" and pretty much always dropped if you died with them.

I wouldn't doubt that at least one of those guys killed themselves. Me and my brother had over 500m combined back in 07. Never got banned.

>terrible at the game
>try mining to get money so i can buy good items and be stronger
>low level areas are flooded with people who steal all the mining rocks
>try wood crafting
>tree spirits come out and kill me instantly
>can only get low level trees that don't respawn quickly enough as other forests are protected by baddies
>try fishing
>can fish everywhere
>catch salmon
>unlock island
>fish lobsters
>so happy
>fish and shitpost in chat constantly
those were the days. never did level any combat abilities and never did a single quest

>Plus by making all the men /fit/ it broke part of the fun of seeing my character as a completely normal guy doing odd quests, instead of a "real" hero.
Well, I did feel like a hero sometimes in an odd, vaguely Monty Python kind of way.

That is not at all what I was referring to user. You stated that you had no problems insisting people come to you in response to the context of having people travel long distance to make a trade, which is never a thing with purely in-game trading because you can't just magically find trade offers across the globe without traveling or searching through forum posts with their offers stated and/or up for negotiation. That means that you don't actually have experience engaging in long-distance trades where player distance is an actual issue but still decided to criticize in spite of that.
In short you're a fucking retard and I hope you lose your theoretical phat.

You're almost like a pedophile.

I thought of the player character as being like Goku

As in dumb as bricks when it came to a lot of common stuff but ready to go when shit got real

Meet me at the mage arena for a 1v1 fgt

>That means that you don't actually have experience engaging in long-distance trades
If I implied otherwise, I surely didn't mean to. There wasn't a way to do this in-game, and while you would have a new set of problems - no way to find a buyer for a niche item cross-world or cross-server, you had new problems to deal with.

I didn't make nearly enough to buy a party hat, but thanks for the kind sentiments.

Didn't they build it into the games lore or something?

Runescape classic exists in a 2007 state

Runescape Classic did not have GE.

Modern MMO's are combat centric. Runescape built their game where everything is optional, including combat. Its sandbox approach made the game super satisfying.

This. It's reflected alot in how varied the quests are. Some are your generic combat and collection quest but there's also tons of more puzzle and exploration type quests where you basically never have to fight any enemies at all

Yeah, they did.

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Falador_Massacre#In-game_history
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Falador_Massacre_(10th_anniversary_event)

OSRS also had an event, one I remember might have been better than the rs3 one, but I can't find a page detailing it

Well now that you've gone and said that fairly reasonable statement I should clarify, I'm not getting back those three straight weeks of trying to purchase an abyssal whip. I have a seething hate for in-game trading after wasting time and money traveling to various merchants/banks while getting inflationed/renegotiated out of my available bank value. I see the same shit persist in other games with actual trading and it keeps happening. I didn't even feel happy when I finally bought the damned whip at the end of it all. I don't think I could have kept trading for long either, it wasn't even a month later I got perma-muted for some stupid immature kid shit I said 8 months prior. I'm still powered by all that salt involved in runescape's trades.

>Also, what about this game was so magical that no other games have been able to capture?

it was everybody's first mmorpg. the magic of interacting with other people playing the same game as you from all over the world was amazing. i remember being a level 30 f2p noob arguing with other f2p noobs at al kharid mine about what level a noob is

Fishing is the comfiest skill.

Considering all of this, I hope you are finding enjoyment in modern trading systems. The inclusion of auction houses, long-distance trading, and the development of third-party advanced game economy trackers and tools all sound like mechanics that will enhance your enjoyment in MMOs.

I don't feel like I have the time to do any pre-GE Runescape trading shenanigans these days, but I did have a lot of fun with it. It's an experience that I wish could be experienced by more, but I'm not sure developers have any interest in player bartering anymore.

Runescape's economy was a perfect microcosm of the success of the free market

nclark.typepad.com/nathan/2009/04/jagex-ltd-and-runescape-a-classic-example-of-market-economics.html

>2009
>runescape market

g.e ruined everything. prices can be manipulated by jagex at will

Read past the first paragraph you dingus, it's talking about before the GE

oh, i didn't even bother to open it lol

it's 2018 any game without a GE equivalent will have 3rd party trading websites anyways

Newbie here, what are important things to do early on? Most of my skills are below level 50, and any attempt to train them always leads to different requirements... Also, does anyone know any decent clan chat? I went to OSG which is /vg/'s clan chat but it's pure reddit cancer. Fuck I just wanted someone to give me advise.

Yes, I acknowledged that in my post.

well fuck you then

fuckin noob

do whatever you enjoy doing, there's no set way to play

actual 2007 runescape simulation without retarded perks like x100 xp or spawnable gold and items
reasonably high ammount of content coded and working, active devs, frequent patches
less than 50 players online at any given moment
faggots will kill you at wildy agi arena

no, you're just a little bitch.

Came back a just under two weeks ago after using a bond, now it's almost over and the price on toadflax and oak planks has sunk low.

But I don't particularly enjoy anything as of yet. My main problem as of now is training combat. Sand crabs seem to be the easy way to do it, my stats are 60/60/60 however and it takes like 45 minutes to get it up one level in sand crabs, will probably take up to 2 hours once I near 69 > 70, that's just way too boring honestly. I could do slayer instead but that would be much slower. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if that's just how the grind is.

Can't you tan some black dragonhides for 300k/hr without requirements?

Probably, I've never actually tried that before.

I can't seem to find any motivation to engage into skilling on OSRS, which is a shame since I love it. The problem is that, for example, if I want cooked lobsters to do a slayer task then it is incredibly easier to just buy them instead of going through the effort of fishing and then cooking. I will probably more than make up the cost of them after the task anyway. This applies to every single imaginable skilling item. I guess ironmemes might be fun.

To me that game was Dofus. The community was great but the game just sort of lost its hold on the few guilds and multitude of friends I kept in contact with. We've got other means of communication currently though and sometimes talk about getting back into it but we all know that it wouldn't last all that long anyhow.

I've always preferred predictability so yeah, I kinda do. At the same time the prices for the usual "essentials" have dropped like a rock. I don't get charged 1k for a law rune anymore, nor did I have to sift through trade offers to find someone selling in bulk to afford the travels involved, nor deal with people who would spam "noob" if I didn't agree to purchase for an arm and a leg. I didn't mind gathering things and delivering them for money, though that was just neutral terms. It was about as personal as using the grand exchange, just a trade and it was over, so I just really don't see the appeal of non-g.e. trading. After all I could make money and get xp for those skills I wanted to level, whereas trading didn't get xp at all. If it weren't for the whip, I'd have probably gone the whole runescape experience playing like one of those ironman characters in OSRS.

But you know, I don't really enjoy trading in the first place. All my negative experiences regarding trades and even the one "switcheroo" I fell for taught me a lot more about how I shouldn't/can't trust anybody in that style of game. I even got lured into the wilderness fresh off of tutorial island. I can't say I enjoyed any of my player interactions, but I did learn some hard lessons from them. I'm grateful for the current systems, I suppose.

Player to player trading is just inconvenient. It makes up for a game that lacks content since trading is so inconvenient you might as well just go get what you want instead of putting up with trading, it's like artificially induced ironmeme.

Not everything has to be convenient. Having to decide between trading for something or just getting it myself was something I enjoyed a lot in Runescape.

I feel that now, developers have to artificially restrict trading, else nobody would actually play most of a game's content.

It didn't need to pave the way for OSRS when we already had perfectly fine RSHD
>inb4 angry (You)s

sup

Me and my best friend played from 2003-2007. Spent the whole time doing scams for gold. Grand exchange put us in the shit and we ended up on WoW. We was good at it though. Earnt millions and millions of gp. The amount of people who would fall for ranger boots switched out those green canfis boots. Sold machetes in f2p too along with rare charcoal. So many memories from this game. I never did get my white Phat.

But some people prefer convenience, removing GE just forces everyone to grind unnecessarily skills they hate to progress on what they actually want. If you dislike that make yourself an ironmeme. You know, it's a lot like air conditioner, people who feel hot can't take their clothes off but if you feel cold you can just put a coat on so stop asking to turn the air conditioner off.
Then again you faggots just want to complain about everything, osrs has more active players than RS3 and is going strong, your whining about GE is totally nonsense, the only relevant complaints as of now are skilling and rev caves.

Why are you calling a single person "you faggots"?

I addressed convenience multiple times in this conversation. I understand it. All I am saying is that I do not enjoy the changes that are forced in games to accomodate this.

Because half of the thread is people talking about how they quit after GE because it killed the game
And these are all, collectively, faggots

Killed the game? No. Killed their interest in the game, absolutely. I know it killed mine, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to think it killed the game - it's still going on to this day, and from what I hear from current players it isn't doing terribly.

I know you like fast, convenient, easy numbers and items. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't get any enjoyment from that, and that's all I've said. If that makes me a faggot, then I guess I'm a faggot.

zulrah killed the game for me desu. Ge I could deal with, zulrah killing skilling cash did it for me.

I still like the theory that it was 4 friends who lived in a basement together and took turns working and playing the account.

As far as RS3 goes, it is doing terribly though that's more to do with the EOC and cosmetic microtransactions than the introduction of the GE.
The fact that there are about twice as many people playing OSRS as there are people playing RS3 is a pretty good indication that Jagex has made some mistakes in the last 10 years.

AUTISM I N T E N S I F I E S

What the hell is this thing? Is the part where it drops a bunch of crafting resources as dumb as I think it is?

slayer is slower but more fun and lmao @ 45mins to level up wait until you decide to go for a 99

Rev caves killed it even further
I don't get why Jagex can't just nerf these, they give a vibe that they are so incredibly stiffed and unable to act, constrained by community polls
Then again every time they do act out of community polls it is a colossal fuck up
>in-game LGBT event
>5m per hour rev caves
It's just astonishing how incompetent a team of developers can be

Revs are good.They make Wildy alive

I just want 70/70/70 to finally play the game properly, user.
Another thing that bothers me about slayer is that, much like any other skill, it does not seem to give any sort of relevant profit until you get very high leveled

>Bots mean the game is good.

I mean, I don't disagree that I like the playstyle of osrs more, but don't try and delude yourself into thinking that the 80% population of bots means anything.

yep, the value of all skill resources that it dropped (of which there was a lot of) crashed massively, which obviously had knock on effects on what those resources were used for. Keep in mind zulrahs drop table on the wiki is the nerfed version, not the original monstrosity it was. Sharks used to go for way over 1k, now are sub 500.

>Revs are good.They make Wildy alive
I see you have not seen what they did in osrs.
They removed revenants from the wildy and shoved them inside something called "revenant cave". Then they took all the revenants from that cave and further shoved them inside a single tiny room filled with 15 revenants. And then they made their loot worth 5m per hour. The amount of skilling items you can get from killing two revs would take over two days of skilling to acquire.

I have so many memories from Runescape. I was worried at the time that I was wasting my life, but I doubt I'd remember what I was doing back then if I hadn't been playing it. It was such a nice feeling, you never knew when you might just happen to meet a new friend that you'd play with every day. I wasn't in it for the grind either but I have nice memories of Sunday mornings fishing in Catherby chatting with everyone.

You never waste your time when practicing something you enjoy as long as at least 30% of your day is productive.

I think this is what some don't understand. Some days, yeah, I'd be trying to maximize my profits and leveling. But most, I was entirely content to fish or light logs on fire for a few hours while chatting with anyone who walked by.

It was as much of a waste of time as any other video game, and I'd like to think I wasn't the only one who was aware of that. It was about getting to 99, getting your favorite end-game weapon, or killing the big boss, but it was moreso about the small things that happened on the way there. At least, that's what I enjoyed about Runescape.

I've played RIFT, Blade & Soul, and FFXIV in recent years, and I've really enjoyed their gameplay. But, it's so rare to see people outside of high-speed content progression or grinding modes, and socializing feels restricted heavily to clans and guilds. Everyone is doing what they enjoy doing, I hope, but I miss seeing so many people frequently traveling off the beaten path just to fuck around and hang out.

I really wish I could just do skilling like the old times
Fish all that salmon and trout, bank, run back and fish more, then cook all I fished
Nowadays I just drop everything I fish for power leveling because fish is so fucking cheap thanks to shitty bosses dropping stacks of them that banking is a waste of xp AND gp, and I do not have a strong enough will to just be inefficient
I envy you ironmans

Ironmemes might seem better in that regard but remember that questing would be so unbearable if you could not just quickly buy all items you need at the GE.
>quest needs some stupid ass item like dye or berries
>now you have to walk the entire game to get it
It is just not worth it

>You have to explore the world to get items to complete quests instead of going to the same spot to buy all the materials the wiki tells you to.

I mean it's not for everyone, but why even play rs if you don't enjoy exploring.

>record conversation with friend
>go off-track and talk about Runescape for 40 minutes
>it's basically this thread talking about life lessons Runescape taught us and contemplating if we wasted our lives and deciding that we didn't

We all just want to go back.

Because the most trivial and unrewarding quests that require inconvenient items could require dozens of hours of grinding and "exploring". I already feel like killing myself every time I forget to bring an item and need to teleport back to the GE to buy it and then walk back to the quest location.

sure am glad I never grew up with such a sensitive harpy of a mom

>GE sucks for sellers
>GE is overwhelming positive for buyers

So you get less gp for your shitty items, but at least if you wanted to buy something you could go to one place and reliably get whatever you need.

>17 farming
It's free money, user

You’re not a kid anymore and being an adult sucks. It’s not just video games that have changed

Free?

To autsitic to start training new skills i'm not used to.

I learned a lot of the same from Ultima Online

at what level does it become free money? I have been trying to train it and it is such a chore

There really was something magical about it. I played from 13-17, RS2.

We loved doing trust scams and baiting newbs into the wildy, too much fun. Until that shitty new combat system came.

fishing lvls?

Nice

Grow the highest allotment plant until you can grow tomatoes with marigolds planted in the middle (you only need to plant marigolds once and they stay there until you remove them).

Once you can grow oaks, do this alongside tomatoes until you can grow toadflax in herb patches. You only have to check the patches every 1.5 hours for a simple routine, and you can track their progress with either OSBuddy or an online farming tool.

It helps to do Fairytale 1 and Ghosts Ahoy for the magic secateurs and the ectophial.

And when does money come in?

Once you can grow toadflax. It's a very simple 80K-120K every 1h30m, more when you can grow Ranarr weed.

Alternatively you could just buy acorns and sell them in plant pots as oak saplings, but that's dull and repetitive.

I had forgotten about this completely

Forgot to mention you can also basket the excess tomatoes you grow and sell them for around 400gp profit.

Ultima Online was better in every aspect.

Disregard everything this faggot said, just quest up to level 15 and start planting oak trees. Keep planting oak trees and upgrading to whatever the best tree you can plant is, and start planting fruit trees at level 27, also upgrading whenever you can. Not all trees are worth paying to protect; some protection costs are worth more than the saplings. Just use ultracompost in that case. Never ever use anything less than ultracompost, and if a patch is unprotected, always use ultracompost. If you want to make money through farming, you have to plant herbs. The most profitable herb is snapdragon, at level 62. Ranarr is also profitable at level 32. Average profit with snapdragons is ~340k, average profit with ranarrs is ~320k and herbs can be harvested every 80 minutes. Herb yield increases with your farming level; always ultracompost every patch, regardless of whether or not it can be diseased.

Tempted to go back on my hardcore ironman and get quest cape after a 6 month break

persuade me not to please

>tfw 12k in fm at 75

fucking easytodt

MMORPGS are about the community, any ingame feature is 50 times better when doing it with people you know or bonded with by playing the game.

Any implemented "Quality of life" feature that removes the necessity for human interaction by creating an automated system is another nail in the coffin for said game's future. Every time a class gets watered down to be able to do content alone is another nail in the coffin.

The MMORPGs one usually remembers with fondness is the one the one where you spent 5 hours sitting on a city and chatting up guildmates or random people

>He didn't pay for his ultracompost with a bajillion packaged tomatoes grown alongside his ranarr weed.
user

People literally won't shut the fuck up at the wintertodt and house parties try there if you are itching for some socializing.

>RS taught you about betrayal and to never trust anyone

Why is farming so complicated?

Out of interest what year where you guys playing this? I never heard of the game until years later, I just played WoW WotLK when I was young.

Bad skill.

It's not. This is what farming looks like if all you're doing is passively farming herbs without Trollheim and Zeah patches.

Now try with tomatoes.

2006-present. I was 14 when I started.

It's literally just more compost, a watering can, and 24 of your allotment seed.

>only 4 patches
For why?

>without trollheim and zeah patches

>also without harmony island patch
It's almost as though you don't have Morytania elite done.

>Achievement diaries
Don't you fucking remind me.

I don't even know where herb and tree patches are located and I looked through more guides than I could count, guides just point the crop ones
Guess I am just retarded

>everything up to hard is easy on any medium level character
>each elite has one or two +90 skill requirements or some autistic grind
>almost all hard rewards are borderline useless compared to their elite equivalents
>elite items are useless for anything but skilling at the point you can get them
I will never understand the person who designed diaries

Easy to reach ones are
Tree: Behind Lumbridge castle, inside Varrock castle, Taverley, Falador park
Herb & Allotment: South east of Falador, Catherby, North of Ardougne, North West of Phasmatys

Off the top of my head:
Herb patches:
>Trollheim
>Catherby
>Phasmatys
>Ardougne
>Falador
Tree patches:
>Gnome Stronghold
>Taverley
>Varrock
>Prifdinnas
>Falador
>Lumbridge
Fruit tree patches:
>Lletya
>Catherby
>Gnome Stronghold
>West of the gnome maze
I don't remember where the 5h one is

oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Farming/Patch_locations#Allotment.2FFlower.2FHerb_patches

>log in to runescape after long time
>all money is missing
i bet its one my "friends"

If user isn't making at least 500K a day from herbs within the week, I don't even know anymore.

>selling rune skimmy 32k
>oh yeah? selling rune skimmy 30k
>oh YEAH? selling rune skimmy 28k

thanks!

>Addy_Trimmer69 wants to trade.
flash2:jk lol not selling

Never could play this shit game longer than a week. Never got why it became so popular either

>anti-gay pride event

Yeah, there's absolutely no chance that got spun out of context, right?

>[Deleted]
Forgot the Zeah herb patch, too. Think Zeah and Trollheim are disease-free.

I miss it bros, and mid 00s internet attitudes in general, I made friends a lot easier back then too.

cringe

Around 2007-2010. It was the shit in elementary/middle school.

Quit OSRS recently

They're turning it into RS3 lite at this point

>RS3
>OSRS (RS3)
>OSOSRS (RS3)
>OSOSOSRS
behold your future

Nostalgiafags are truly cancer.
"I enjoy spamming the same text in a bank for 2 hours!"

>OSRS
>Has a gay pride parade event sparking massive anti protests

>RS3
>Armadyl casually mentions having a husband in the past and no one cares

There's a right and a wrong way to do something

Nobody cared because only kids play RS3, while OSRS is filled with nostalgiafags.

If you don't see how it hurt the community then you really are a brainlet.

Back in 3rd grade we all started playing Runescape. I'm from Denmark, so no one knew how to write, read or even speak english at the time, so it was completely magical. We picked up words like trade, buying, and quickly learned how to form sentences and maintain a conversation. I think to this day Runescape taught me most of what I know of the english language, which meant english classes throughout elementary as well as high school and even now a days in Uni are a piece of cake.

My best memory is spending an entire summer at a friends' house money makin with him and my little bro, good times. I still listen to the OST sometimes, nostalgia bombs for sure.

>reddit post the post

OSRS fans are basically genwunners.
I've been playing Runescape since 06 on and off, and I remember being pissed off anytime they changed ANYTHING whether it was good or bad back then... and I was 12.
Then I grew up and stopped being a whiny cunt.
RS3 looks better, feels better, and plays better.
I play OSRS too but the nostalgia wears off pretty quickly when you're forced to run everywhere and spam teleport spells.

>The community moves from being in banks to the GE
Big deal
I still see people spamming "buying x!" in the GE to this day because the market price isn't always correct.

>only kids play RS3
Please
Kids don't play Runescape at all anymore.
Kids who grew up playing Runescape play Runescape now.
Neither version gets actually new players.
Only returning ones who left due to EoC/GE/Whatever and people who just stuck around.

part of rs losing it's charm was all the power creep and nonsensical prices when skilling and optimal exp gain

>Armadyl casually mentions having a husband in the past and no one cares

The one thing I like about RS3 is you move faster, and stamina regenerates reasonable quick without running agility courses for 80 hours.
Too bad the game itself looks ugly as fuck.

honestly people here are talking about the game feeling a bit hallow without the childish innocence/outlook of having fun vs soulless productivity and efficiency that it became with time.

But seriously WHAT game is like that nowadays? any cute comfy game that tries to have that atmosphere that is not a virtual 3d chatroom like VrChat/gmod has turned into a super competitive/efficiency first bullshit.

Heck even fighting games became e-sports pandering, leaving single player/other modes behind.

You grew up.
There's no replicating those feelings.
You'll continue to feel hollow, longing for the days of old until you die alone in a nursing home, laying in your own feces.

I don't think RS3 looks ugly it's just inconsistent
They've changed art style so many times and don't always update past things to look up to standard.
There's STILL parts of the game that have been unchanged since 06.
Going from Prifdinas and teleporting to Ape Atoll is so jarring.

S-Stop user.

breddy funy

He actually had two husbands.
One died of old age and Zamorak killed the other.

bet you didn't learn how to get a gf

I'm right there with you OP. I started playing back in 02'-03'. I only ever got one level 99 skill. I never really played to grind, And honestly I was inefficient as fuck as a little kid.

Haven't played the game in years, But I have alot of stories and fond memories of the game when I was younger.

got 10 99's that way

Why is evil dave and wise oldman the most based memorable runescape characters?

Overrated meme characters.

Runescape is one of the rare things where it isn't just nostalgia, things were genuinely different back then. Old school WoW is like this too, but to a lesser extent. The main reason I think it was more comfy back then is that in OS Runescape or WoW, people actually fucking interacted with each other and the UI systems were so shitty that you had to do most stuff via simple text chat and actual interaction with other players which made the MMO world feel actually living and breathing and like you were really there with all those people on an adventure. Now in modern MMOs like ESO there are all these advanced grouping systems and automatic dungeon/raid queues, playing ESO fucking everybody is just running around doing there own thing with zero interaction, it's depressing. Nowadays, if anyone is interacting at all it's in fucking discords.

NIGGER

When you PvP'd:
Two men in armor smack each other and eat food.

PvP now:
fighter torso rush smite vengeance ags+gmaul combo

>it isn't just nostalgia
>starts talking about arbitrary things like "comfy" and claiming a shitty UI is a good thing
Sure, bud.

It was pretty cute before jagex caught on the popularity of the characters, other than the meme factor, wise oldman did get popular from that one blue partyhat rumor from the bank video.

I didn't say the shitty UI is a good thing I just stated the fact that the poorer UI forced more verbal player interaction.

But that's a specific example. Interactions between players dropped off steeply after the GE.

If you PvP'd like that in 07 you were shit at PvP.

People have been DDS rushing since the dawn of time, and rune 2h rushing even before then.

>Rapidly running back and forth using Ice Barrage, switching to another set of gear to shoot your Dragon Bolts (e) to switch to a final tribrid gear setup and smack a 70 with an AGS

PvP isn't the same as it was, senpai

>RS3 has a quest where you finally fight Lord Drakan and kill him
>It isn't called Vampyre Slayer II

Missed opportunity
youtube.com/watch?v=MqHK6NBF3Dk

I mean idk, If I would give runescape something that it holds up even now I'd say the quests , they are actually good for a mmo of its time and even now.

Back then quests would just be presented in walls of text and then giving you some shitty thing to grind and then come back (with the occasional boss fight to finish of a zone/story line).

Runescape quests felt like an actual story being played out, it being actually dynamic in events with charm and personality.

I did but I had to babysit it so I don't get caught. I also was consistent with time for it. I got herb 99 by just cleaning herbs. Rc 99 back when it has harder and a bunch of others I don't remember now.

>I remember I used to show it to my mom and she had no idea what was going on.
I cringed so hard I vomitedfuck

>old pvp vids
>switch into ahrims top/bottom and ice barrage in a zerker helm and whip
>nu-pvp
>9 way switches for everything

I got a couple 99's from suicide botting back in like 04/05 when Jagex was still pretty damn incompetent at catching bots.

How active is Cred Forumsscape? It'd take a lot of people in there to even consider going to play it again. Even then are there heavily populated '07 servers anywhere?

Oh god I'm horrifically stupid there's OSRS. Is that any good?

In 2009 a friend and I wanted to see who could get the best stats from botting before being free from the game forever.

I got 30m magic xp from house tabs, 99 herblore/thieving, and a fucking botted from scratch d claw rusher that had 94 magic 99 str and various money making skills. Never got banned
He got about 500 points from soul wars before his freedom boat came in.

Avg 50k players. Gets new content.

OSRS is fine. The only people who disagree are those who think bankstanding was worth your time.
The social aspect is lost, sure, but the GE leaves you to do things you actually wanna do.

It's pretty much 2007 Runescape but with the Grand Exchange, a ton of QoL and a lot of original content do not steal.
Jagex has been trying to sabotage it recently but it's still fun.

>now bstrings are 150ea
>and more profitable than ever since flax is now 2ea instead of 20
I bet the bots did this.

Quick bois, bronze, iron, mith, addy.

Which non-rune metal looks the best (g)? Godpl8s and leathers do not apply.

>personally lament the lack of community in this game
>quest burnout got me training slayer
>start talking to this dood, we add each other
>he keeps messaging me thanking me for talking to him and talking about meeting up to grind
>all i want now is to be left alone
Am I that guy? Do I really want to be left to stand next to my bank of cool shit alone?

this

zulrah: 1.5m/hr
vorkath: 2m/hr
bowstrings:
200k/hr

As the playerbase and popularity has increased so has the $$$ and twitch stream viewcounts and now Jagex is actually putting in content that looks like it took time and effort to make as opposed to shit like NMZ or the slayer cave which looks like something straight out of a private server.

revs: 6m/hr

lunar spin flax:
87k magic xp/hr
87k craft xp/hr
At a profit.

heh

I just started playing OSRS and don't know what to do? What should I do?

Vorkath is the easiest and safest and can get up to 5m/hr if you do the most efficient method.

No way. 5m/hr? No.

Really? That sounds too good to be true.

Do this

Would sell gf to this man.

I'm the same sort of autismo as you and I realised a few years ago what it is - I like company when it's on my own terms, but being invited or talked to by other people makes me uneasy. I have no issues with organising a 15-man corp mass, but if one or two people invited me to one I'd probably decline.

>haha iphone crash meme xddd

I still play RS3 to this very day. 13 years daily going strong.

Im not maxed, and I have not finished all quests.

I use EOC revo combat and Legacy interface on lowest graphical settings.

I was a Cred Forumsscape OG till I quit a month ago, and now play OSRS so I might as well weigh in.

Cred Forumsscape has the positives on a better community (vg CC is a bunch of faggots) and a shorter grind which is lovely. But there's a lot of content missing to even bring it up to par with true 07. and they add a lot every year, but it's still less. The biggest problem is the economy. Everything is 100x more expensive due to the extremely low playerbase, and therefore everything is a seller's market. If there's even demand for it. Avg 20 players on at any time.

OS has more content, longer grind, a smaller scale to the economy even if it's retarded in it's own way, and WAY more content. Some good, some bad. Also, it has the Graceful Set, which is now as account critical as a whip/bsaber.

>>haha iphone crash meme xddd
?

Nah its not. Wow and ffxiv prove its not really that important now. Both are good games and the only good mmos on the market.

And in both you farm the same fights over and over until new ones come out, and nobody talks to eachother

for a rip-off it was fun as fuck and did pretty well at holding it's own. I remember the lava rock abilities and throwing those fuckers across the map.