Is this worth playing?

Is this worth playing?

>create great anime
>formula for show is so good that they dont want to ever end the series
>completely abandon main plot so that you dont have to ever bring it to a close

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS

It's pretty good for that type of game. For some reason it goes deep into supernatural, which is uncharacteristic for either of universes, but gives a nice gameplay gimmick.

>create great anime
>show is good and cases are interesting, but very formulaic and somewhat lacking in variety
>show never had a main plot to begin with, and it's too late to add one in at this point
what did they mean by this

Give me some good stories were its not the obvious as fuck nervous guy/harmless looking girl.

Watching Detective Conan at my grandma's is to blame for me knowing about Navy CSI lore

it's not the who it's the how you brainlet fucking supertard

Why is this shit almost 900 episodes long? Its just a detective anime right? Why does it need to be so damn long?
I can get shit like One Piece because Oda is doing constant world building, but a detective show that (I assume) takes place in our regular world? Why?

Thats not a nice thing to say to someone. You could hurt someones feelings.

>never had main plot
>setup to show is literally conspiracy to kill prodigy detective using experimental drug which backfires and makes him younger

what did you mean by this?

crime doesn't stop ya dip
they can't have him solve all the crime

He's obviously talking about the other series featured in the game.

>900 episodes long
700+ are fillers

But its in our world, correct? How many episodes does it take to exhaust all possible interesting ideas for cases?

Have you ever turned on the TV my man?
Are you aware just how many fucking crime solving shows there are?

There are 3 concurrent shows called Navy CSI that exclusively explore crime related to the US Navy
Crime is literally inexhaustible

>it's a wire trick episode

>it's a clashing as fuck artstyles game where nobody wants to give in so everything looks fucking stupid
JUST FUCKING PICK ONE OR MAKE A NEW ONE FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Oh also you need to remember each episode is only ~20 minutes (there are multi part crimes)
And it's not just "who done stabbed the guy" but "how did this person with an airtight aliby use a complex setup of strings to murder someone and be someone else or pretend to murder them or make it look like they done murdered them last Tuseday or what hav you"

As someone who's read up to chapter 775 of Conan, and read every translated Kindaichi chapter (and seen all the non-chink sub episodes), it's hard to say which I like better. Each do their own things well.

I find Kindaichi's cases a lot more interesting, but the majority of the cast is fairly weak and undeveloped compared to Conan's, and the latter also has a wider variety of crimes. Also, the lack of any main plot hurts it a bit. It probably doesn't help that most of the manga is still untranslated.

Did he ever catch the big guy?

So I actually posted this thread like an hour into playing the game already, just finished the first case. I like it so far, but it seems quite easy, considering even a dumbass like me was able to figure out everything way before the game revealed it. Does the difficulty ramp up soon?

>Case ClosedFuck you first murder is decapitation and though the show never gets that gory it deal with fucked up shit like adultery, kid murder and other fucked up shit
>This is a kid show
>But then Games like No more Heroes which is rated M game gets censored in Jaoan
What the fuck?
Also on an unrelated note, NMH was ported to the 360, but only in Japan. What the actual fuck is that?

>kids show
Are you sure about that?

Detective Conan is a shonen manga, they are aimed at teenagers, not kids.

I havent watched it in a long long time but isnt the pops detecive charecter actually decently competent hes just slower at solving the cases? I recall him solving one or two of them cause he wasnt drunk and actually gave a shit on the outcome.

his niece was hot

That's true, Kogoro can solve cases when he really puts his mind into it, it's just that most of the time he wants to be done with it quickly, so he blurts out stupid things.

>niece
You mean Ran? That's his daughter.

>Why is this shit almost 900 episodes long?
Because its really fucking good.
Have you only watched like 5 episodes?

yeah i wasn't sure

>This is a kid show
Conan is not a kid show.
Its a family show.

Is Kogoro /our guy/?

No one gives a shit about Kogoro since Sera is now best character.

I've watched 0 episodes, I only know of its existence.

Get to it then, son.

I don't know about that, I still have to work on getting through the entire Gundam franchise, and I'm only on ZZ, and then there's also Dragon Ball Super and One Piece too that I have to catch up on, DBS I haven't even seen anything past the movie arcs.

>there's also Dragon Ball Super and One Piece too that I have to catch up on
Oh so you have garbage taste.
Right then stay far away from Detective Conan.

There's nothing wrong with watching mainstream shonen.

You're right. When the shows are good there's nothing wrong with watching them.
Dragon Ball Super and One Piece are fucking garbage however.

>Dragon Ball Super and One Piece are fucking garbage however
DBS I still don't know how much I like it since I've only been through the movie arcs, I haven't seen anything past that, though I can say that the animation is shit.
OP I think was pretty great, things aren't as interesting after the time skip, but at this point I'm in it for the long haul.

Sera is an overrated smelly boy.

Fuck you

Kindaichi > Conan
fight me nerds

If it wasn't for Ayumi, Sera would be worst "girl"

>899 are fillers
Fixed

They are about the same in quality, Kindaichi just has the benefit of not having Detective Boys, while Conan isn't a perverted comic relief all the time. And Conan has more variety, seriously how many times has Kindaichi done the Phantom of the Opera case?

So has anyone actually played this?

I find Kindaichi’s cases more interesting, but the longer chapters/more chapters spent on a case can sometimes be bad when you get a shit tier one like Antlion Trench.