Nioh bread

What the fuck's a Yata Mirror and where do I find one?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/485510/announcements/detail/1464097572637353711
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a unique accessory which lets you reflect projectiles back at enemies. Only drops starting at WotW (NG+++).
You can abuse the loot table of a certain "container" on a certain level if you just want the cheevo.

Which level?

The baths.
The fire magatama mission specifically. (Not sure if that part is important)
There's a dead body that only drops accessories when you loot it. AND it's bugged and you can reset it two more times by resting at the shrine.

Pretty easy to get from WotW onwards. Just keep playing and you will be swimming in Yata Mirrors. Getting one with perfect rolls on another hand...

Why didn't they let you reforge accessories? Seems kinda pointless excluding them, when you can reroll everything else.

there are no perfect rolls for yata mirrors, because yata mirrors are garbage accessories

Did a yata mirror steal your gf?

>lowest chance to make a white item
>Get a white item 22 times in a row
>Quit game
I'll get back to it soon but that pissed me off

>tfw still stuck on the first level

Why does this game called Nioh anyway?
Nioh are 2 guardian statues near temple gates iirc. What the connection with the game?

Is the PC port any good?

Yeah. Stable 60 fps on max settings on my not so new but decent PC (i7 4820k/GTX980/16GB RAM)

Your rig is near top end dude, it's a bit better than decent. But I should be able to run it fine then

you become the nioh

It was playable on an older computer too. i7-2700/ATi 6990.

Turn shadow to medium and you are good. I have a R9 280x and the game run fine.

>I SUCK AT TIMELY GUARD

Gotcha, friendo

how the fuck do i buy elixirs? i can only find max potions at hidden teashop

Hanzo and William become the Nioh, protectors of Japan. Didn't you watch the cutscene about them retreating into some secret place where they guard Japan?

You don't. You are given elixirs at shrines depending on the total amount of kodamas found in regions (+1 every 5, maximum +5). You can technically speaking grind them (random drop from enemies) but I see no reason to do that.

Because accessories are all about the random modifiers, not their defense rating, so if you can just reroll them until you get what you want then you'll never want to replace them.

1. farm the fishing village level, takes like 5 minutes at lvl 50+ and after opening the shortcut at the end you can run a loop and get like 5 every 2 minutes
2. donate white gear (gets lots of elixir as rewards
3. get good

The timely guard for yata mirror's projectile deflecting is weird as fuck, you have to raise your guard slightly before the projectile hit you for it to deflect, guarding at the exact moment the projectile hit you (like i-frame dodging) will consume your ki from blocking but you won't deflect. They do make all the canon yoki a joke when they work tho

>75 gigabytes
This will take a couple of days to download, what the actual fuck is in this game?

A couple of days damn man

Man, I was so close to buying the game, played the beta and alpha for over 50 hours combined, but it came out and I don't think it lasted more than a week. if I got it on ps4, how lively is the co-op?

i get instant summons at lvl 90something. nioh co-op level ranges are fukken wiiiiiiiide.

I have no idea why it's that big. Uncompressed textures/audio maybe?

The inventory system is so fucking dogshit

everyone wanted 4k so they have 4k textures.

It's a very detailed looking game

>Nioh on PC

HAHAHAHAHHAA PCfags are delusional
PC port has terrible textures because computers are not fast enough to run Nioh with full textures

PS4 is the definitive edition

the level range is 1 to max for anyone anywhere, to be precise

Performance is good, but it's crash friendly.

I have had one crash in 107 hours or so, running a modest r7 1700+gtx1070 and getting stable 60fps (shame it's locked because i have a 144hz

Might as well just get the fitgirl repack that compresses it to ~21 gb

That's a bug that was patched
> - Fixed an issue where proper textures were not used in certain cutscenes in the missions "Isle of Demons" and "Deep in the Shadows".
steamcommunity.com/games/485510/announcements/detail/1464097572637353711

This game is a one big meme for me

>if you can just reroll them until you get what you want then you'll never want to replace them
You mean like every single other piece of equipment in the game?

is that a god damned steam valve on his face?

it's a pc exclusive joke item meant to look like the valve logo

Best spirit

Single raiken is the only spirit you lose access to.

I'm a bit confused with clans, is Kuroda good? How ,uch damage per buff i get? Is Ishida better if I go LW? What about Yamanaka with Kigetsu set? I'm quite confused an cannot get any reliable info, help me Cred Forums

The starting fire doggo is unarguably the best spirit for melee builds. Which makes it the best spirit for 99% of builds in the game.

i beat the dlc and all but i'm trying to do queen's eyes on WOTD and I can't do it because of the 3 fucking edwards and I haven't played at all in 2 months so my muscle memory is ded ;_;

The clones are heavily nurtured. You can easily kill them one by one before the next one even pops out.
If you can't, it's time to review your build/gear.

>tfw you pull of a Tengen Kujaku build

at this point I don't even remember what button to swap weapons with

>nurtured
What the fuck. I meant neutered.

dude they kill you in two hits, attack during execution animations and are off camera because there's 3 of them

No they don't. Just put on some heavy armor and have like 80% damage resistance and up to 100% element and projectile resistance. If you're gimping yourself by using some sort of "fastrolling dex build like in muh souls" and get hit, clearly you're not good enough at dodging to use this kind of build.
Anyway, as I said, the clones are lame as babies, quite literally and only attack like once in half a minute. Their moves are heavily telegraphed and easily dodged too.
The only mildly threatening attack is the crystal throw which can come off screen at you. But they shouldn't live long enough for that to happen. Even then you're invincible during grapple attack animations (but not finishers on the ground), so don't mash that attack button and keep track of the enemy stamina. So when they break, you'd do a proper grapple instead of just knocking them down.

>build

there's 0 way to have 100% projectile resistance after one playthrough and no farming. You're just an autist or a shitter for having a "build" early game

>WotD
>one playthrough
Anyhow, there are tons of revenants wearing free tatenashi. You just have to spend a few minutes reforging them for half-decent bonuses to become immortal.
It's not like you had any use for money or smithing materials prior to that point.
>shitter
I'm not the one crying over getting his ass handed to him by a joke of a "boss".

I bet you use an LW build too you cheating nigger

I keep them because they look like shiba

>LW
>cheating
kek

>mommyy someone said my triple damage invincibility button isn't cheating

>hating on the cool flashy magic weapons
nigga, you can break the game in so many ways, it's not even funny

might as well style while you do it

mine was 29gb, the fuck?

I don't actually. But besides that
>WAAAH YOU DON'T PLAY THE SAME WAY AS I DO MEANS IT'S CHEATING
Come the fuck on, user. How old are you?

>Using the tools the game offers you is cheating
You can decide to not use it, but it's perfectly legit.

I prefer Kara jishi because it has better overall block and has a better damage buff on one skill

could also be a symbolism of you and your guardian spirit since the entire main story is literally u saving ur spiritfu

Nioh actually refers to Hanzo and Okatsu.

No, that's like saying a level 1 Dark Souls speedrun and level 1 Dark Souls speedrun (0 hits) are the same you dip

I am just saying that it's a self-imposed rule. Living weapons are not cheating, are one of the many game's mechanics. Just because you decided it's too powerful to use does not mean others need to conform or live up to some kind of standard you have created.

That's like saying playing on Easy isn't cheating or at the very least disrespectable. You're literally saying it's ok to have never ever beaten O&S without having summoned Solaire or another player. I know a person that has played through DS 5 times and has never beaten the most difficult bosses without help

KATO FAGS WHERE U AT?!?!1

>Why does this game called Nioh anyway?
because its 尿

>That's like saying playing on Easy isn't cheating
It isn't. If a game offers easy mode that's one of the settings available to you.
>at the very least disrespectable
I don't even know how to comment at this. Desrespectable? Do people lose human rights for playing on easy?
> You're literally saying it's ok to have never ever beaten O&S without having summoned Solaire or another player.
Yes, it's ok. Summoning solaire is a tool offered to you by the game. Summoning other people for help is an intended and well advertised mechanic of the game. You are selectively deciding that stuff put in a game by the devs themselves should not be used because of rules you are deciding.
>I know a person that has played through DS 5 times and has never beaten the most difficult bosses without help
So what?

Voiced by Shibusawa Kou, top man at Koei. It was weird getting used to it, even though he only had like half a dozen lines, but he did a surprisingly good job.

Just pick whatever that suits your build. Yamanaka has good synergy with Kigetsu, but it's only worth it for damage reduction, that damage bonus which stacks with Kigetsu damage bonus has dismissing returns. Date is good for LW iirc. Todo if you go full heavy.
Unless you are into min-maxing, it doesn't matter much.

They're only put into the game because there's no way normies will ever beat the game and buy a sequel if there's no summoning or invincibility buttons, even though most bosses are quite easy to cheese, like using the pillars to zone slow-moving Smough while you fight Ornstein

It's funny because it's kind of true. So many mechanics, builds and skills absolutely break the fucking game. Iai or sign of the cross breaks humanoid enemies, summoning your guardian spirits for debuffs breaks yokai bosses, living weapon breaks everything, omyo debuffs of any kind break everything, ninjitsu traps berak humanoid bosses, tonfa dodge cancels breaks everything and even fucking barehanded builds can be broken. Everything in the game is just super broken.

>Everything in the game is just super broken.
The game is not an ARPG like Souls its an ARPG like Diablo.

Fucking sloth man. Ive been breezing through ever since i started to use it.

It's just your subjective point of view. You have decided that some things that make the game easier should not be in there, they are concessions the devs made for "normies" (whatever that even means), to the point you seem to be speaking like you know the devs and know why stuff even is in the game to begin with. This discussion is pointless.

Just make sure you pick blessing of the healer and actually look for those green niggers (divination talisman helps a lot) and you will be have more elixers than you know what to do it.

Just look at this guy , he doesn't even feel shame even though he knows it's fucking stupid

You should actually kill yourself if you think this is ok

so her and yukimura were fucking right

Steam estimates roughly 2 times the filesize because of unpacking/installing the downloaded files.

it's duration so short on higher difficulties on things it could amtter, I actually stopped using it

Dont drag me into your weird challenge argument.

Im gonna sloth my way to the end and have fun doing it.

Again, why would he feel shame? Nioh has received a great deal of patches, some of which kinda nerfed some of the builds, but the sloth talisman was never touched. This means that it's working as intended.

You don't want to use it? Sure, feel free too. I don't use it either because I don't need it. But I don't see how someone else having fun with the game by using it impacts mine.

>beat the game first time
>no no! this was only the tutorial!
>beat the game + and ++
>no no! game will kick your ass in WotW!
>beat WotW with ease
>no no! WotN is the only game mode worth playing
>everything in the game becomes sponges like in borderlands 2
>no no! you need to farm etheral items to kill everything instantly!
It's a fun game.

>nerf something normies use or disable summoning until you have beaten the game once
>reddit gets outraged and quits playing+gives bad word of mouth and says it's worse than dark souls because they can't beat it+boycotts+doesn't buy sequel

is the game worth it at the current -30% sale or do i just wait more? im really just not interested in playing it at all if i'd pirate

Don't forget rock throwing

>that's like saying
No, it's not, faggot.

It was programmed just not allowed to be done through normal means
There is a cheat engine table i have that i use to be able to re roll accessories. So useful endgame when i want to try wacky builds.
They need to patch it in so i dont have to use cheat engine to do so. Would be easy as flipping a switch

It's not these dude's faults that the game is awfully balanced, I don't really use cheese builds anymore but you'd have to be an idiot for faulting people for wanting to use the skills the game provides for you

Its alright. Looks great but sometimes runs like shit (aka drops below 60), especially when theres lots of fog/lightning/rain effects, ie. the tutorial level. Gamepad required prob though, same as Souls

Its ~30gb download

>he hasn't done a rock throwing build yet
How i pity you

KT seems to be shipping them that way

Poor Patches

fool me once... fool me twice...

>william clearly gets oroboros shapeshifting powers
>can't unlock oroboros as spirit
Explain this, Niohfags

because he doesnt really want to use it

Yata Mirror is part of Itachi's Susanoo

Post your Williams.