Are the originals like this too?

Are the originals like this too?
>weird movement- can't walk, parkour is janky, jumping is floaty
>lame city, lifeless, no day/night cycle and empty
>embarrassingly short, story is lame, practically no content, all the powers are the same but only smoke is cool, karma variation makes no difference in the story, evil karma is the only fun one to play
It just feels unpolished af and there are so many immersion killers. The devs thought using the touchpad every 5 seconds to stop gameplay and watch a pre-baked animation (drones, relays, power sources, story interactions of any kind) was somehow "immersive" but not a fucking walking animation or fixing the fucking parkour? I guess they expected everyone to be a neon/video shitter and just zap around everywhere so they didn't bother.

Seriously they should have fixed the open world and movement, and just focused on ONE power- smoke, but added different aspects to it like fire and cinder. Smoke is aesthetic af and I never used anything else and never used the orbital drop because it's a long pre-baked cringe cutscene and I never needed it

The ONLY cool parts of the game are clearing outposts with smoke and evil karma, you just run around blasting everything, dashing through vents, using the charge attack on destructible bridges and fences, using missiles on harder targets, and can feel the fluidity and fast pace the devs intended to create (they tried so hard with this they even forgot to fucking put in a walking animation). The game is excellent in this moment. Everything else was trash, and the whole video gaymer part was so cringe

Never played the originals but I loved Sly 2, are they better?

i loved this game, it really felt like something

Second Son has the best gameplay. The earlier games are better but that's because of the story and environments.

Immensely. Second Son was really disappointing after inFAMOUS 2. You get to hit people with an electrified fork, and have actually fun and flowing ways of getting around the city.

Hell, the standalone DLC was better than Second Son. Definetly play the originals. The first is kinda clunky, but 2 is a solid game,

Game has the same god-tier smoothness as KHII FM.
Someone explain to me what these two do right to make them feel soo good.

other games are better
better story better music better gameplay better art style better characters the list goes on
I was disappointed with second son after playing the first 2

1 and 2 are eons better than Second Son
Most people prefer 2 but I think 1 is one of the best superhero games ever made
2 definitely has better writing though, and is actually pretty memorable

I think 2 has the funnest gameplay because of the Ionic Vortex alone.
The melee is kinda fun too.

is it really that bad never played original but i want to try it because its a ps4 exclusive

1 and 2 were great games
SS just looks better then them too.
It looks better by alot, but 1 and 2 play alot better

Look, some things were very well done. Delsin's design in combination with smoke is very cool, the fluidity of walking and shooting is excellent (Max Payne 3 did the same with the animations, your character can run, twist, turn in different directions while aiming consistently where you want), visuals are cool, that one "Bio Terrorist" guitar riff on the soundtrack is cool, but they squandered it. The reveal trailer and gameplay trailer showed what the absolute best aspects of their art, gameplay, visuals, etc were but the whole package of the actual game was disappointing because they didn't build anything else that was worthwhile, whether it's story, powers, open world, immersion and atmosphere, etc

i think its a really good game, the story is good, the characters are also decent, overall its a good weekend game

You pretty much described the first 2, but 2 has a better campaign. Stay away from Infamous 1, the game's complete shit aside from the plot.

The fuck you talking about, neon was easily the best power. Digital was useless tier and smoke was just horrendously under-powered.

2 is the best package hands down, the powers are pretty much better and with less filler and there's quite a bit of side stuff. 1 is garbage, SS is somewhere in the middle. First Light goes back to a more focused and complete tool kit like 2 but it's just an expansion so the campaign is short.

I got it for 10$, so I'd say it was worth it. After 2 full playthroughs, I'd say you're better off playing with bad karma and using only smoke. There are literally like, what, 10 story missions?? The bulk of the game is spent on the collectathon, which is not fun except for clearing outposts or maybe shooting drones sometimes. I tried being immersed in the world but the animation system is not designed for slow walking or climbing around, or even landing on anything for that matter- I slipped off ledges and railings constantly. Don't expect immersive open world because the game is very arcade-y. A shame, because my other PS4 games are super comfy and atmospheric- Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and Hitman. Atmosphere GOATs, I love just walking around and soaking the world in but I also like good core gameplay.

>neon
>gay aesthetic and sound, but muh vibrant neon is pwetty lol
>R1 attack not instant
>aiming slows down time and adds other neon shit on screen
>hover is useless
>neon running makes my eyes hurt

I know different powers have slightly different strengths, like how R1 neon is stronger than R1 smoke and nein running is OP af, but smoke is literally the original power they thought of and was aesthetic af but still had some drawbacks that would hopefully allow the player to make use of the other gameplay aspects. No vents? Use parkour (except the parkour is broken because devs never intended you to use it because neon and video let you run up walls). R1 attack kinda weak? Shoot lots of it instantaneously and also refill it with improvised smoke sources that you create, like smoking cars. Smoke is also the only power that has a normal R2 shot and a charged R2 shot, and interesting traversal dynamics with smoke dashing. All the other powers are trash.

>neon is stronger
>movement is better
you gave me my argument, and then outed yourself as an optic-cuck with this comment
>>neon running makes my eyes hurt

>Second Son has the best gameplay
Yeah, no. Infamous 2 had better thrusters, strategically placed power lines for grinding throughout the city, better melee, and the fucking ice launch. Not to mention the story and protag were far better, as were the moral choices.

Second Son is a step down in every aspect, it was just a PS4 tech demo

>what is DMG vs DPS
Smoke is higher DPS which suits the game's design better.
>what is a well designed traversal system that includes smoke dashing and parkour and creates more interesting and more aesthetic gameplay that incorporates the movement system, the power, the environment and environmental contextual objects (vents)
Nope just hold circle to neon run like a shitter

>weird movement- can't walk, parkour is janky, jumping is floaty
yes.
>lame city, lifeless, no day/night cycle and empty
holy shit yes.
>embarrassingly short, story is lame, practically no content, all the powers are the same but only smoke is cool, karma variation makes no difference in the story, evil karma is the only fun one to play
yes.

i dont even think smoke was in the first game.

Why do people cite the melee as if it was anything but a skin deep option in combat

>more aesthetic gameplay
you should hang yourself for actually typing this

It had longer range than the punches in the first game and it replenished your energy. It wasn't anything deep but still a useful switch-up, plus it was kind of fun seeing Cole do that stylish flip

You should hang yourself for thinking neon is any fun at all. Smoke is well designed (varied, balanced, fun) and aesthetic.

I said nothing about neon the hell are you on about

So what's wrong with saying "aesthetic gameplay" m8, it's literally part of having good art direction

>damage
the balancing of the game is completely off kilter, it is far more enjoyable to run around and snipe enemies and use aoe abilities than sling shitty little soy pellets.
>movement
you said yourself the parkour is "janky". why wouldn't you opt for improved movement ability?
>aesthetics
as another poster has already stated, you should wrap your car around a light pole

If you're a good karma cuck, sure, you can sit there and slow-mo snipe people's ankles off. Or, you could run around with the charge smoke and activate the havok engine at every opportunity, and quickly fire off cinder missiles to dispatch anything heavier or at distance.

the only decent character in second son was reggie and he gets killed in a bullshit way

Probably the worst inFAMOUS game (been a while since I played 1 so maybe that's showing its age now), but it's still a good game.

For me the story is the weakest part. The gameplay was solid, though it's clear that having multiple powers means divided attention among them, rather than Cole's focused sets of abilities in 1 and 2.

I thought the originals were better than this game I actually liked the characters.