Literally all that shit does
>Gonna jump on your back
CHARGE
>Gonna slide to the side and attack
CHARGE

Diablos is a better fight than this fag

You first
thinly veiled MHW thread?

The fucking nose bones that shoot out are fucking gross and weird.

why are monster designs so uninspired in MWH? that's just a T-REX with some shoulder fur

Western appeal. The shitty part is all the shitty new monsters are getting memed into popularity. The only good one is Nerg and even he's kind of a pushover.

I thought this too but at least he changes up a bit with vestigial wings and whatever the bursts out of his nose when he rages.

If uninspired means without inspiration, doesn't that make it original? Isn't it inspired by a T. Rex and the great jaggi?

It was neat. The 4th or whatever monster you fight can pretty much 1 shot you (that charged fire snot rocket).

>Diablos is a better fight than this fag
Dude, low blow.

Vaal is pretty cool dude as is B52.

>Coral highlands.
>Have fun fighting Paolumu.
>Have fun fighting flashy reptile.
>Even have fun fighting Legiana if I have enough flash pods.
>Looks like the fungus continent from Xenoblade chronicles X
This is a nice place.

Probably the hardest solo fight I've ever done.

>parry his telegraphed moves constantly
>daaayum this guy is TOUGH
First time I was a little surprised by his speed and power, but then I started parrying attacks at off angles and realized he's just as easy as Iudex

I don't think I've ever parried an attack intentionally. I just don't bother and I use a shield where L2 is weapon art so I don't have to two hand my greatsword.

Play an actually hard game like DMC then. Jesus Christ, he's fucking easy and can be beaten with the same dodge/poke strat as every other boss in the game, just with different timing.

Most of the time its the flame sneeze that cart people

sup

Been there, done that. Beat DMC4 on dante must die mode.
Gundyr is still the hardest fight I've done. I'm sorry if you're offended by this.

Christ, you niggers get riled up over the most stupid shit for any chance to swing your ego around.

The problem is that those things are still fucking useless and don't do anything. He doesn't gain any limited flight or anything and he doesn't have any new slamming attacks with his nosebone.
He's the shittiest worst "flagship" and one of the most forgettable monsters in the game though he's fitting for world.

You are incorrect.

The nosebone thing allows him to shoot snot that he can then ignite. The wings are stupid though yeah.

JINJO

There was never any holding back, any bs with this thing. It came at you full strength each and every time, and if you won? Hey! You fuckin' won. With a different ending based on when you did.

Yes, you can get strong enough to solo this thing eventually, but it never pulls punches.

I just beat Nergigante
That was the most asshole clenching fight of my life.
>Get him to stagger into his lair without carting on my first try
>Wow this is easier than I thought, why are people saying he is hard
>Unleashes his true potential in his lair
>Carts me 3 times
Jesus christ. Got him my second try without carting once but yeah his lair mode is some next level shit.

Thats not pic related. You MHWfags dont know shit (if thats your 1st MH that is)

Hyper/GQ140 G rank this guy will fuck you in the bum.

Killed him on my first try.

Seriously where is G rank and why wasn't Goku included in this game?

G rank is never included in the first edition of a new mainline.

Pic not related. MHW is the easiest MH in the series.

Why does everyone beg for G rank? What's go good about it?

>hot monkey dick gets introduced
>influx of worldbabbies gets mad and says he is a bullshit and unfair monster
This also happens in the past games even though he is the most telegraphed and predictable monster out there.

First MH game?

It's where the real game begins. Monsters are faster, more HP, more damage, more moves. Everything before it is just a huge tutorial.

Everyone who shits on this game says it's too easy. Well, they're right, some combination of increased quality of play (though good for the most part), stagger points and AI make this game easier than ever before, and I'd like them to shut their fucking mouth and experience a true anal drill that is Rajang.

ajanath is a pussy and I want all world babbies to experience first-hand solo gathering hall quests in more challenging and fulfilling games

Yeah, which is why I'm asking.
Oh, then I don't really care. The game's giving me plenty of heck as is, and I don't really need a bigger e-peen.

STANDING HERE

because murdering mammals in HD with huge weapons is a NOGO for neo Capcom with gayfuck western journalists. Same reason there is no blood.

>use time slow stance
>Vergil is still faster than you.

Man I came hard when I finally won.

G-rank also offers much more shit to do and content. High rank games are just a warm-up for the G-rank entry.

Fuck the west. They literally killed the MH franchise because it pandered to them. As far as I'm concerned XX is the true sequel.

but XX is shit

I know, I get that, but I'm not as intense a gamer as you guys clearly. High rank offers me plenty of dopamine as is. The only thing I want out of MHW right now is better looking weapons.

just hold your R2

Stop using bushido and brave styles if G rank is 'too easy'. XX was great and I will miss old monhan.

A million times better than the turd that is MHW.

Have you tried thrust damage?

Most good looking weapons are the final upgrades on G-rank anyway. We'll probably get that in the future. I hope you stay tune in the series, it is really great.

it's still fronteir-tier, I'd rather play 1, FU, 3 something or 4U

>Defending alchemist style
user...

Guys what is the best weapon type and why is it HBG

>we'll never get to see a Rajang vs Blangonga turf war

>The only thing I want out of MHW right now is better looking weapons.
That's literally G-Rank. More weapons, more armor sets. More fucking variety Not everyone wearing the same attack exploit/attack 7 eye patch nergigante set and weapon.

This is my first MH game. Started off with longsword because I don't like slow weapons typically but I switched to greatsword out of curiosity and I can't get enough of it.

Holy shit you must enjoy having your balls lascerated by seregios foot jobs or something. You'd rather play 1 than anything else?

>Not Odogaron
While i agree Anjanath ain't no joke and will kill you in 2 hits if you aren't careful i think Odogaron is more exhillerating to fight.

As if blang would even have a chance.

cunt, I even ENJOY invisible hitboxes. I'd play MH1 for the atmosphere alone

But those things look fucking stupid. Makes the him look both generic and overdesigned. Like they realized his base design is boring, so they slapped on random shit to make him stand out more.

>game is piss easy with brave dodges and adept
>it becomes frontier lite without them
I main guild IG and can dodge shit like roars, Jho beams, Glav beyblade spin, etc without evasion skills/adept but you can't deny that this game has the shittiest balancing in all MH game. Thank lord the styles and arts aren't coming back.

Odogaron gives me heart attacks. That nigger has no fucking openings and fighting high rank Odo solo is so shit. Both times I tried he just peaced out and left the locale when he was nearly dead because for the last few phases I couldn't land a single hit.

They did such a great job on its animations. It looks like a rabbid dogwolf that is hellbend on tearing you apart.

lardy hernandez

Just when you thought you could handle Grave and Glory, these fuckers show up.

>the potentially best terrible time.
Let me hunt both garons, plz

this nibba gets it, Rajang has had very rough and violent sex with my asshole over the years

>stand to the side
>can never hit u
>hard
look at this babby

The enemies that made me give up bayo 1.

Pso had very simple AI but it took me a decade later to truly appreciate it. Everything wanted to kill you and the shits that don't fuck around like this fuck were a fucking pain.

Welcome

It's really weird. They'd toss you basic enemies that just lumbered at you trying to slap your shit, occasionally mixing it up but then you get to the fucking mines and everything is different.

I don't know why people have trouble with this bitch.

SPEED DOG is the first real challenge.

*boops him on the nose with a 1 damage rock before he sneezes* *gets free damage*

>Most intelligent enemy in the game
>Will avoid projectiles by jumping
>Can walk on ceilings
>Will feign death
>Can do both melee attacks and fire a strong plasma bolt

god these assholes and sinow gold

I was thinking this was fucking Morrowind for a second

It's my first MH game and Anjanath and Odogaron didn't give me too much trouble, Rathalos is a giant nigger though. Just doesn't seem to die and his rage fire + sweep combo gets me KO'd every time.

I like that being red makes him go fast.

this, can you imagine I once tried to use a hammer on this guy?

>load DS3 after months
>i could have sworn i'd defeated gundyr already
>remembered him being hard
>defeat him first try
>oh shit I was in NG+ all along

>ignore hbg in all the games it was amazing
>playing on a pad is so good
>play one of the few or only mh where hbg is only alright and very gear dependent instead of the opposite

I'm not sure what the did to my mains but I hate it. SA is in a similar spot.

yeah, you really have to time your shit to smack that fucker out of the air. he isnt as viable as his female counterpart when he's on the ground

If it flies, flash it.

I've found Hammer actually fucking destroys him, it only takes a few solid head bashes to make him slow way the fuck down.

>not dancing inbetween his attacks with the HH and smack his stupid snout out of the air with the triple encore move
Hammerlets BTFO

DEVILJHO WHEN

Lol wut, XX manages to have most blademaster weapons only 2-3 minutes apart on 10 minute long endgame challenge fights, while 4U had IG and CB kill shit twice as fast as everything else

Hammer isn't my main. I wanted to try it out in a hunt but I should have practiced first

This dude is slow as fuck. I’ve been farming tempered Vaal Hazak and Ododoggo all day, and went back and helped a mate kill a regular HR Anjanath. The bitch is SLOOOOOW.

The first real challenge is Kirin. In fact Kirin is probably the only difficult boss.

hopefully never, joe's a hoe

>use hbg solo
>take forever to kill monster, get punked around a lot
>use lbg solo
>wipe the floor with monster, barely take damage
I thought the hbg was supposed to do more damage to make up for the slow speed.

Do monsters actually have a size difference in-game or is the number just a number and the model isn’t scaled in any way?

but hammer has good mobility, don't know what's the problem.

yeah, XX is full on frontier, but insect glaive literally being able to fly in world is perfectly fine lmao

The model is actually scaled. Just generally speaking you're only seeing one of them. Or next to a different sized monster.

Irrelevant, what matters is the overall balance of player vs monster, and even if 4U only had 5 usable weapons it did a much better job at that than XX did. FU is still the most "balanced" MH ever and that literally only has GS, LS and Hammer. XX only has two modes, piss easy and bending you over and fucking your ass raw. So even if you have a ton of choices for weapons, none of them are fun to use because the game isn't balanced properly.

MH Noob with about 130 Quests done on Switch Axe and nothing else
feel like experimenting with new stuff but dunno where to start
I like everything about the Switch Axe except for the crippled mobility in Sword mode
any recommendations?

>all that fatigue from Horn
I love when I forget that about impact weapons
>fuck this hunt is kinda tough
>two minutes later the monster is a drooling mess

>Let's create a monster
>...
>I know, let's just add hair to a dinosaur
>Brilliant!
This game is gay

No fuck the switch axe. You played a combo weapon, now play something completely different like GS or a ranged weapon.

>Let's create a weapon
>Let's just add some hair to a bone sword and call it a day
They put all their effort into the first few maps and half assed everything else. Even the environments which are supposed to be the main selling point get progressively worse and less detailed as you progress through the game.

why?
that things attacks are so pitiful. you can stand still and it will miss you 50% of the time

>inflated stats
nah nigga.

What's the most optimal team setup?

Which is true for pretty much everything, the new movement and tighter hitnoxes are nice on paper but as a result everything is trivially easy to dodge now.

I like places like elder recess much more because its not filled with stupid gimmicks and verticality like the forest.

forest is so terrible and it hurts to know that they most likely wasted a big chunk of their budget on that.

4 HBGs, same as always

That's why I don't want it for the switch

the hitboxes didnt need to get changed.
they were fine starting with Tri. now they feel trivial.

No doubt, I'm just shit at using it bro

Fuck you, the forest is god, and I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand its glory.

*monster changes position*

its garbage filler and gimmicks.

waste is best map. no horseshit.

The moment I got juggled to death because the floor started exploding while fighting Teostra Elder's Recess could go fuck itself

>fuck the switch axe
What's wrong with it?

Fuck the dam, fuck the wedge beetles, fuck the shore, fuck the treepaths, fuck the colours, it's all gimmicks.

No user, fuck you.

They can't even use World as a solid foundation for future titles because they obsessed so hard over muh ecosystem. And seeing how hard they ruined Teostra, I don't want to know what they'd do to all the fan favorites from the B team.

*kicks paratoad*

Nothing, just that you've done it and should do something drastically different to increase your replayability and enjoyment of the game.

Also its damage is wank if you can't do really long combos.

They added the wings so they can still say "Oh yeah, he's from Monster Hunter" He's generic in all fronts.

user please don't say you're having problems with things that sit completely still in preset locations doing nothing.

for me it's getting raked into his legs when he does a consecutive charge.

fuck all of those things desu. a good map wouldnt need wedge beetles, like the waste.

They were there to let you taste what Hard mode and Infinite Climax were gonna be like. You got too comfortable.

Am I the only one who preferred the segmented maps? The only thing wrong with them is when the transition isn't some kind of obvious corridor leading you to accidentally change areas while fighting, and that monsters can just hang out behind them.

then they should make monsters have harder to dodge or faster patterns
rather than getting clipped by a hitbox when the model wasnt even near you

All this akh morn barfing while this was playing the background was fun as fuck in savage.

youtube.com/watch?v=AsxIXhYCi5Y

Someone's new

literally never carted to meat doggo and I'm shit at this game he has the most obvious and long tells in the game. The only danger he poses is if you take your camera off him.

Fuck you wedge beetles are gameplay. And btw Waste doesn't have beetles because it has slopes instead which are boring and limited in comparison.

the issue currently is that you can see a monster clearly hit you but it doesnt. they are too tiny, especially for monsters like dogo and tobi.

>slopes are boring and limited

I nearly had the same experience. Beat him around, he got to his lair, and he started whipping my ass.

I learned when he was going for his divebomb though, after it carted me twice, and started flash pod-ing him.

I'd say I struggled with Anjanath more the first time I beat him, but that's because I had shite gear (Was still using the bone set & a shit weapon)

With a beetle I can do a sick 360 flip into jumping attack

With a slope I can... go straight?

I thought 140 Jho or Shaggy were harder to solo desu

slopes add tons of dynamic to the fight and plenty of opportunities to utilize their movement.

bugs are one central point that allows you to do one jumping attack.
I have no need for shitty QTE bugs.

QTE? You control the swing and direction yourself you gigantic nigger. I bet you still climb up to Legiana's nest.

unless you're fighting Nergigante

HBG is easily the best weapon. I used it in every game since F2, I have an insane amount of uses now.

Yeah, he was my first triple cart. Bleed caught me off guard, I thought it wasn't even in the game.

coral highlands is another garbage map because of all the climbing even with bugs.

they want to force you to use bugs but then dont put them above every climbable surface.

Sounds like your ideal map is a completely flat featureless plain with absolutely nothing going on at all. Am I close?

And the required use of the mantle.

god I love that mantle talk about fun times

ITT: things that never happened

FU and Tri maps were pretty good, yeah.
Then we got 4 and it all went to shit with the verticality meme which only adds downtime.

They fucked up by making that a mantle. Should be an item or something, not take up mantle slots.

What does it do better than the LBG?
I'm a noob and not very far in the game, but right now it seems like the damage difference is negligible and the terrible movement and speed gets me in a lot of trouble.

No honestly fuck you. Your opinion on what makes a fun hunting game is absolutely useless. We finally get enough processor cycles to do something fun, and you're mad? Fuck off.

Yeah but G rank in 4 was stupid. It was literally make everything fast as shit and possibly OHKO you. Rajang is fucking baby mode in FU though.

>wasting time walking and climbing for no actual reason
>fun
amazing

When the fuck is that? Are you spending more than a minute finding your monster? Besides before, you spend the same time walking along flat fuckin boring plains. Where's your soul?

No, you got fucking fast travel and beetles and shit to make up for it, and you STILL can't adapt. No I'm actually mad at this lazy ass attitude.

I adapted, I did all there is to do in this game.
Its still crap design and I'm glad that they stopped with their faggotry after the first map. Sadly they did Coral Shitlands too.

>loving holding up to climb some vines means that you have soul

The only problem with that map is the annoying colour scheme that obfuscates monster attacks. Other than that, it's a fun map with a lot of character, like how Paolumu tries to obfuscate itself among the wingdrakes in the forest, how Ya-ku hunts them with his flash, how you fight Kirin near the summit with the MOTHERFUCKIN wedge beetles.

No, you're gay, and your opinion doesn't matter.

coral highlands is a garbage map where you have to climb around too much and like more than half of it doesnt even get used because ????

crap, just like you.

No, you're wrong. Your featureless flat plan would've been the death of MH, and you can see the signs in the 3DS games that they did everything they could to get out of it.

Now that they did, granpa's mad. You're wrong, and you'll still be wrong while I'm walking my dog. Good day.

>Your featureless flat plan would've been the death of MH
lmao

Pretty much less mobile and more damage, less supposrt options. LBG is great too though I use it a lot.

>"wings" are clearly thermo-regulating sails like the ones IRL dimetrodons or spinosaurs had
>which is what allows him to store up heat and breathe fire
>DHURGLE WHY HE NOT FLY
Bet you also think Clifford is a boring red dog from Bloodborne or something you Valphalk-loving pieces of shit.

I farmed the fuck out of him, so he's not too bad now. Worth it too, his HR gear gives some good perks.

DONT MOCK ME

Ah.

So he is a reverse-flamethrower in that the nose provides the fuel, while his stomach provides the fire. The snot supercharges the embers coming out of his mouth, AND the "wings" serve to keep him cool when he's burning and raging!

Impressive design!

Sharks in Onett.
Diamond Dog if you don't have Dragonite.

>Think Anjanath is the baddest motherfucker
>Exploring the forest and climb up through the canopy
>Start tracking an Anjanath in the hopes of getting a dropped scale
>Suddenly it’s body comes crashing down through the trees
>New monster encountered: Rathalos
>mfw

Th-thanks for the f-free carves, I’ll just be leaving the continent and maybe the planet now.

I miss siege locking them into oblivion but I think it's a little more interesting now. Christ I hate the ammo sets now though. What a good hbg for mid HR? I'm thinking of switching back to it since I'm losing love for the switch axe again.

>be me
>be starting g rank solo
>apex fucking rajang invades a chill hunt of a seltas
>literally picking up the whole map and throwing it at you
>nigger is even faster because fuck you
>not only is he one of the fastest attacking, moving and fucking monsters he one-shot me too
>not even equipped properly with wystones because GRank1
>dung bombs? APEX laughs at your dung bombs
>fuck you seltas change map already
Oh fucking boy oh boy that was that stupid.