Why is the Empire the best faction?

Why is the Empire the best faction?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689956899
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!kF4GASgC
youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they can do everything and they're good at it too.
Plus playing as a bunch of regular dudes in a world filled with monsters, magic, and mayhem while fucking shit up is quite satisfying.

>not tomb kings

Is Total Warhammer 2 worth getting at 50% off?
I never really enjoyed the historical total war games.

Because they are based on the HRE

Did you like TW1?

But dwarfs are the best faction.

Dwarfs are pretty regular dudes too. They don't even get as much magic as the Empire does.

Buy TW1, it's much cheaper than TW2 so if you don't like it, no harm done. If you do like it, then you can proceed to get TW2.

I never bought it; last total war game I bought was Shogun 2.
That's not a bad idea. Are they roughly the same game then?

Radius mod beastmen are so fun

Yes but more factions in TW2 if you jew out for DLC

>That's not a bad idea. Are they roughly the same game then?
Pretty much. If you own both you can even play a campaign in TW2 that combines the majority of both of their maps, though they did cut out some of the maps and squish some things together for the sake of load and turn times not taking for-fucking-ever.

WHEN WILL THEY CRACK TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER 2

IM DONE WAITING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its cracked tho. But i dont know about mortal empires dlc

yea the base game is cracked, but they put a new version of DRM on right before releasing mortal empire + all other DLC

>Blackpowder
>Best
Nope.

>t. warpstone shitrats

>don't get as much magic
Agreed that dorfs are cool, but their supernatural power is qualitatively different from the Empire's "faith and magic" stuff. Just saying I don't think it's fair to say they get "less".

SUMMON

Almost none of them get magic, though. Only one of their hero units does, and the runesmith is mostly just a straight up fighter.

THE

serve me in Life or serve me in Death mortals!

DELEGATES

ELECTOR

>Plus playing as a bunch of regular dudes in a world filled with monsters, magic, and mayhem while fucking shit up is quite satisfying.
Bright Wizards would like a word with you

>Fantasy generic humans
>Ever being best

how dose it feel being the un-funny version of chaos?

COUNTS

Phenomenal, thank you for asking.

WHO CALLS?

CUNTS

i think its time for another play. im thinking of playing the dwarfs on eight peaks. got any advice?

Where do you find 50% off for TWW 2? its only 10% on steam for me

Accept that times change and make peace with the warlord of Eight Peaks.

>playing as a race of manlets
lmao

but our dwarf cousins are in the book! the empire are my best friend now!

Let go

Rocket artillery!

Because their campaign is easy as fuck, they get a shit-ton of money and ways to stop corruption and their basic infantry have shields.

They're based as fuck. Right behindd kroq gar

>bretonia take marinberg

well shit now what?

Because it appeals to betas need for servility.

Cucks.

Seedy quays dot com

>dorfs

bretonian here. would you stop rading my lands every 50 turn? you upest the peasents and muh lady.

Wil i5 7300 and gtx 1050ti enough to play this game on high and 30fps?

Who /KANGZ/ here?

I hate Cygor so fucking much

I have an i5-4570 and a GTX 1060 6GB and while the gpu has no problems, the cpu suffers quite a bit, but I suspect it's because I had to go back to the stock cpu cooler

>tfw Vermintide made me want to play Dorfs
>They are boring af in Total War
I have Dorf bias, like them in various crpg, but they are always so slow and boring in strategy games.

YOU MISSED THE ELF DUMBASS

Wat

organized violent males > individual chads > individual betas

Sea dé Keys dot com

Explain further

>doesn't even have chariots
lol

Look if you can't get the name of the website from those two posts, plus the nature of the enquiry, then I don't know if you'll have the capacity to enjoy the game anyway.

Oh...
That looks shady as fuck. Also I wonder if it blocks my country like green man gaming

WE
ARE
KANGZ

Though I'm sure there are keys on there that are shady, I've never had any issues either with receiving the keys (happens immediately after payment for me) or with the keys activating.

>No Evil Titties
>Best Faction
Empire is actually my favourite faction not only from the game but from whfb, but I love the Dreadlord design

>Female(Male)

>not regularly ransacking furryland

I really really like the dark elf units, but their starting position and loyalty mechanic brings it down.
Not to mention the morathi STDs leaking on the ground everywhere.

watch it manling

>be me
>fan of empire total war and napoleon total war
> buy warhammer
> pick empire
> annihilate everyone using your decade old strategies
And that's why you don't bring zombies to a gun fight

They literally get divine intervention if they try to drop a grudge.
That’s why Dwarf autism is so strong

>deploy front row of ironbreakers
>second row of quarellers
>third row of artillery
>press start battle
>go boil some water, put a tea bag in a cup
> let it seep now, no rush
> add a cloud of milk
> go back to victory screen while enjoying a fine cup of Barry's gold blend

LET’S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY

Kill them.

>Games Workshop never lower the prices of Fantasy Battle minis
>"why arent people buying them"
>blows up the whole FB universe
>Total War Warhammer gets released and gains more exposure
>now people wanna play Fantasy Battle
>"nope, here have some feudal space marines instead"

I really hope they retcon Age of Sigmar and it was all a neverdream of Karl Franz

They're alright.

>GW
>ever lowering prices

Empire might be the best, but Brettonnia is the comfiest faction and has huge arable land.

it has all the familiarity of a normal army with all of the tension and rush of watching your normal everyday humans fight and win against dinosaurs, demonic warrior, vampires, tree spirits, unholy beasts, not-vikings, undead skeletons, fucking Grimgor, and thrice-damned elves.
Every faction added only makes the Empire campaign more interesting.
Now we just need to add in a human version of the tomb king item creation mechanic.

>"nope, here have some feudal space marines instead"

It's more like

>"Oh fuck, they're loving the old setting, what do we do what do we do? Err... Uhmm-BRING BACK GOTREK"
>"..."
>"GOTREK THE DUARDIN"

That sounds like retarded bullshit from end times/age of shitmar

Shame that you start at war with the fucking chaos tribes.

>empire
guns
tanks
demigryph riders
a shit ton of artillery
GOATSWORDS

>bretonnia
>peasants and like 40 flavors of cavalry

are southern realms the most beta faction in the game?

>"Greetings. We may not be the empire, but our lands has richess in equal measure!
>" H-Hi. I may not be Chad Thundercock, but i'm sure i could perform just aswell, i guess"

like seriously who opens a conversation by saying "i'm not as good as x, but atleast I come close"

>sounds of dying pesantry

>not immediately going after the furries

The only problem is that if you play above Normal, you get fullstack Chaos armies coming after you every six seconds.

People seem to forget Bretonnia exists for some reason.

Yeah right it's such a shame to start as a faction crusading against the forces of evil.

I just wish cavalry was more powerful in the total war game system.

>I just wish cavalry was more powerful in the total war game system.

Can't tell if ironic or not.

I like the Dwarfs, but a massive problem with them is that they are so overpowered that it juts becomes boring playing them that I stopped playing them because they are too strong.
>Can play as the White Dwarf
That was neat.

You have the most diverse and varied faction in the game with Empire and then you have some peasant SPEARMANII and 10 cavalry units which are the same pretty much.

Nope.
Two clans were feuding for centuries over a grudge, to the point where they were basically wiped out.
When they decided to put aside their differences to fend off a greenskin attack, Grimnir REEEEEd and collapsed their hold.

They're in full cuck mode as of now, but when they get their update they'll probably be the biggest braggards in both games.

Meh I'm too lazy to explain the entire system to you and how stats/charge work and all. Just know that due their small size and how charges works, it's always sub-optimal to have more than 30% of your army as cavalry.

Good job on sounding like a condescending asshole and at the same time show how little you know about the game.

That's not how you spell Brettonia

that's not how you spell Bretonnia either though

>still no ogre kingdoms

Do they hate money?

Sure bud, whatever makes you feel better about your casual status

Warhammer 3.

Weirdly enough, I’ve had them repeatedly go on a rampage through the badlands in my games.

So literally like the Tabletop?

Mind your tongue, you low-born churl. Clearly that spelling was because of my fancy and lordly accent.

Ogre Kingdoms will come..with a hefty 20dollar pricetag or 60 dollar 3rd installment guaranteed

sega and games workshop love the money so much they fuck it

Cavalry has been nerfed to shit ever since Medieval 2 and Total Rome 1 where four units of cavalry could beat full stacks. In later games detachment penalties are fucking severe and unless a charge routs the enemy right away, your unit of cav is fucked.

Spoken like a true peasant

EAT WARPSTONE IMPERIAL FUCK

>Confederating Ulthuan and getting to use your militia archers on other factions early

I swear to god those fuckers are only stopped by units with a 100 armour or more.

Dwarves attacking is a huge mistake. The only proper dorf strategy is to bombard your enemy to shit with your arty and gyrobombers, then destroy the remnamts with your superior inf.

SAY MY NAME

Yeah, they really need a lord that start outside of Niggarond

The general use for Brettonia is that they can muster units very quickly, so you have an army or two defending your realm with a few good units, then on a moments notice when an enemy appears you can muster the peasants right away to fight, theyre so goddamn cheap and quick to recruit its unreal, get a lord who has skills in buffing his units and its great. Bretonnia is the imperial Guard of this setting, while the Empire is something akin to space marines.
>every unit is weak but comes en masse, but the strong units are strong as fuck and can keep the weak units going
While empire is
>every unit is good, they are straightforward and have no major weaknesses, its simply a matter of conducting the army properly and you wont have a problem

Its not about variety its how they play. You can have 100 different units but if only 4 of them are what you end up using whats the point. Guess its just preference.

>Brettonnia
>comfiest faction
Maybe in 1 but confederation is kinda fucked in two

TIME TO ROLL

nice meme my friend empire is shite

Different starting positions for the Empire when?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689956899

Rolling, ideally for the glory of the empire

Rolling for the winz

mfw there's nobody playing TWW1 online anymore

Which is a shame. It was, IMO, the better game. Not only because it has the best factions, but it was way faster to load.

I'm biased because I have a laptop hd running the game on a desktop and I literally just bought an EVO 850 250 GB. Hopefully the loading times get better.

I love how they all scream Druchii! at the start of the battle always gets me pumped up.

I have absolutely 0 issues with load times, but then again I'm running the game off an SSD. A friend who had it on a normal HDD almost timed out when we tried loading into a multiplayer game though.

why playing TWW1 when you can play TWW1+ in TWW2

a qt pls

is Mortal Empires worth it? I jumped straight to the 2nd game and currently loving it.

but buying a whole game just for some DLC is some next level shit.

Tomn Kings or dawis please

Because i don't want to spend another 50$ on a glorified DLC with "new" races that i won't play

Run in directx11. 12 has the broken unforgivable load times.

THE SKAVEN DO NOT EXIST
STOP SPREADING THIS NONSENSE
FUCKING BRETONIANS

They make the best crossmemes.

>glorified DLC

That's retarded

But why is it the least developed faction?

>the worst part of the middle ages
>comfy
Hell no

Not him but I pirated it and can't for the life of me figure out how to get TWW1 to run in Directx11. Can you spoonfeed me the process of doing so? I tried myself after learning Directx11 was the way to go but nothing I could find online was able to help

Rollan and hopan for glorious Woodsie Lord

To the pillory with you,churl

A cao cao is fine too.

WARP
CANNON
LIGHTING

The Trickster of legend!

Can we actually talk about the game?
What do you think the next DLC will be? I really want the missing Skryre units, so a 'rivalries' DLC with Skaven vs Lizards and Elves vs Delves with a few extra LLs for each faction would be ideal.

Did you think those ancient phrases were mere words, manfool?! Look at me!! I am the Woodsie Lord, the Trickster of legend!
If you be thirsty, flesh-thing, drink of me, if you be hungry, then feed, for I am the honeymaker and the jacksberry!

Trying

>tfw /mbg/ memed me into thinking Cao Cao is good guy
>tfw farm scene

The way it means to be played.
1st game has been on many sales for as low as -70%

Literally under "graphics options", if it wasn't added later with patches.
Buy the game you nigger it's cheap as fuck right now.

>putting milk in tea
THAT'S GOING IN THE BOOK

CA managed to do the impossible: They made Brettonnia cool. Just watching their trailer gets me pumped up.

Warp cannons are great, but you kinda have to mix them with catapults or you can be really fucked on some maps or some compositions.

Thanks i just gave in and bought it a moment ago since its off 66% right now for the next 3 hours

Of course. 4 cannons 3 catapults and a whole lot of stormvermin steamrolls through most things, in SP at least.
Watching elite infantry and RORs get shredded by warpcannon shots is one of the most satisfying things in the game.

Is there a single character in fiction that could beat the Green Knight 1-on-1?

Any theories on what the next DLC faction will be? From the image here it seems our next lords will be High Elves Lord and then Lizardman Lord, with who knows how much more content on the horizon (since what's revealed takes up half the page I assume 5 more updates).

Apparently the plan was only do army books but recently GW contacted CA and were like "Do whatever you guys want you know your shit" so anythings on the table. I personally don't think Araby could be a sustainable faction though.

>4 cannons 3 catapults
Never ran more than 4 artillery as skaven, I prefer flanking, but I can see it being fun too.

I'm waiting until next month so I can properly allocate my budget and get all the DLC. I don't do things half-assed, especially with how much I love Fantasy Battle
>tfw just got into Warhammer half a year before The End Times started

CHAOS FUCKING WHEN
not those barbarians plus choosen

Araby is painfully obvious and they did have a army list, just not in WFB proper.

Choose between Dogs of War/Southern Realms/Vampire Coast or Araby. Dogs of War would add a lot to other factions if you could recruit them as other factions like mercs in previous games

Clan Skryre and the missing units, rivalry dlc with Lizardmen and their Skink LL. 1 LL per faction which with the free Lizardmen LL will bring both factions to 4 LLs.
Araby can happen but is there enough space on the map?
Southern Realms seems much more logical, New World Colonies for Vortex campaign.
That's what I do in ME, in Vortex I go full WW1.
>playing the final Vortex battle where you have infinite ammo with 10 cannons +lock engineer for the bonuses

This is outdated. We can assume that flc lords will accompany related dlc just like in TW:W1. So next is Skaven vs Lizardmen Lord Pack. I just wonder if we get more Lord Packs or this one will be bigger and more expensive and have both Skryre with Ikit LL, Ratling Gunners, Jezzails and Moulder with Throt, Giant Rats and Wolf Rats.
We will obviously get sooner or later Shadow Warriors and their High Elf edgelord in dlc.
Also Araby and Dogs of War

>Clan Skryre
Would love it. I want my gatling gun and sniper rats.

>Dogs of War/Southern Realms/
>Southern Realms seems much more logical, New World Colonies
Yeah

Right now, the settlements where an Araby faction would be are occupied by Bretonnian crusader factions, they can just be temporary

Araby is basically just Bretonnia but with genies instead of the Green Knight. Maybe if they make the economy more unique. Estalia was suppose to be like Bretonnia but with more Italian influence, IE, no knights on horse but rather on foot, which woudlve been more interesting than just another random no-mark Empire faction. Kislev would be neat too, or Ogre Kingdoms. Nippon doesnt really have anything distinct about it, its just Samurai in Warhammer.

TWW3

It was leaked years back that the third game would be the focus of chaos.

Sir Gawain

They are wildly different from Bretonnia.

What are you talking about, Bretonnia was always cool.

The trailer is indeed fucking amazing though
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M

>Honor is all
>Chivalry is all
>Rejoice for we, the knights of Bretonnia, will be your shield.

When you take Eight Peaks as Skaven, one of the unique buildings mentions giving bonuses to Weapon Teams.
That could refer to Globadiers/Bombardiers, but it also gives bonuses to Night/Gutter runners but mentions those units by name.
Also they've said the next DLC is pretty much ready.

In visuals yes, they would play kindof the same as Bretonnia but with different magic I imagine.

Stirland is bestland and if you think otherwise, you're probably a cold-beer drinker FAGGOT

if you don't understand that you're the one that's retarded

They are so much closer to the Empire than anything else.
They got Jezzails and elephants and only one knight unit, the comparison to Bretonnia makes no sense.

Rollin'

Praise cao cao

How people can not like Skaven?
They have everything from mass weak ass rat slaves to literal mutant cyborgs with gattling guns and plasma cannons.

>Heroes and Lords make for half the units of this chart

They gonna merge them with the humans units if they want to give a credible roster.

>rat

What's better than a hellpit abomination and warpfire cannon?
Hellpit abomination with warpfire cannon.

forgot the pic

Because humanity rules!
WOOP WOOP!!

Nope, end times is literally the exact opposite you ignorant shit. When Grombrindal finally gets to Malekith, the first oathbreaker, once best friend of the first king of the dwarfs, the whole reason Snorri came back from death as Grombrindal in the first place, they have a nice chat and part ways rather than one of them developing a new ventilation system for their skull. Grimnir should have collapsed the entirety of the World's Edge mountains for such an act. Its the reason why Thorgrim is very hesitant to add new grudges to the book knowing they must be crossed out in full or the dwarfs pay the price for it.

So this is completely fucking obvious but the advisor is Tzneetch right? I'm curious to see how TWW3 will tackle the Chaos focus since he seems to be behind everything.

every time i try these i get the empire

fuck you KARLLLLLLLLLL

>HOO
>HA
>NOR-SCA

Sigmar will come and slap Tzneetch in his beak with his hammer.

Hah, guess its time for you to crack... open your wallet you poor fag!

ok we gotta reroll

fuck you KARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Probably some dark/high elves units and lords

>not using clear plastic for the magic carpets
why is GW such shit?

>KAZUK KAZUK

Oh god, I need this in the game.

It's majestic, right?
Skryre best clan

CURSES UPON THE HORNED RAT AND HIS VILE SPAWN!!!

I love Skryre, but like the Stormfiends this thing looks like a collab between Skryre and Moulder.

that's a big rat

nah

HOW ABOUT THIS, MAN-THING?

Rolling for Rats!

for you

for you-you

>Dwarves
lel

Alright. Time to get into modding so I can somehow mod this into the game.

Right now the only actual weapon team is the Warpfire Throwes. Maybe a doom wheel could count.

Enjoy your (((LADY)))

don't worry cold-blood, you have your thing too

Norsca for mortal empires fucking when?!?

Mad scientist skaven are best skaven.

>Mad scientist
You meant even more mad and even more scientific?
Thats Skryre

Yeah, I could be overreaching here, but the building description names every other unit it gives bonuses to by name, which is why I was a bit sceptical.

best clan

Lets see who I gets.
Only a couple, like Khorngors and berserkers, are needed just to round out the infantry roster since, in all honesty, they can pull from 40k for quite a lot monsterous and warmachine units. Hell, they can even have CSM legions of legend to go with the fluff of how bullshit chaos is that they'll pull from the other universe.

Fucking saved

>Queef Headgiver

Good boys:
>Empire
>Dwarves
>Kislev
>Tomb Kings

Bad goys
>Border shitters
>Bretonia

Cucks
>Elves
>Lizards

Bad boys
>Evil chaos men
>Dork Elves
>Vamp Cunts

Old World ISIS
>Sewer grown ratmen

Add variations of choosen to their rosters and different "weapon" types for infantry and you get pretty good roster for the game

>implying your table is good enough

Time for a roll baby!

>Old World ISIS
They're jews tbqh

He's not Tzeentch, just a servant.

Praise be to cao cao! Rerolling!

My bet is that they're adding a shit ton more hunts to them as well as trying to make sure their settlement system is compatible. It really should just be if a city has a port they ignore all climate.

Best boys
>Grenskins

God fucking damn it. Re rolling again!

darkie pls

>Boris Todbringer realises that the Chaos invasion is unstoppable and the world is doomed
>decides that the last thing he will ever do is hunt down that beastman fucking shit
>marches right into Khazrak's blood grounds and double fucking dares him to fight in single combat
>Boris is completely surrounded by Khazrak's horde and knows that even if he wins they'll kill him
>takes down Khazrak anyway

Is there a single Elector Count with a bigger set of balls than the Todbrigner?

>Re rolling again!
Fucking retards. That's not how it works. You either roll and play what you get or just don't roll and choose whatever you want by yourself.
Fucking new Cred Forums

I literaly wrote that at the top. I knew I messed up something. But yeah I agree.

Look at the post numbers and look at the image again you fucking retard.

Check his rolls and the corresponding lord

You didn't read the chart, did you?

hawk riders are worth playing wood elves

What game

They're not worth one amber.

Time to roll wood elves or tomb kings the two i don't have

Come the fuck on

Conan Exiles, never played it but heard it's shit. Shame since I like Conan.

>All those Cao Cao rolls
It's a sign

rollollo

Is a gunpowderarmy composition viable in ME as the Empire?
I want modern warfare desu.

VLAD VON CARSTEIN!

I love playing as Vlad, kudos!

>mortal empire

No thank you.

Might as well roll

>Gelt
>19 Steam Tanks

You want modern, you got modern.

Rommel would be proud.

This game is not fun.
And neither are the CIV games.
They're undynamic and boring.
It's like what if somebody wanted to make Dwarf Fortress, but dressed it up for retards who'll buy anything with Warhammer in it.

Play Dwarf Fortress and Vermintide, but don't be a retard and play something as droll as Total Warhammer.

>shitter who doesn't touch multiplayer despite the battles being the main focus of the game

Thanks, heard the same. Oh well.

It's not even closely related to dwarf fortress, you're just embarrassing yourself user

Don't even you him and his bait

>See the scum faux bretonnia massing an army vs me
>Build a wall and a shit load of archers
>Run them over because lmao AI is shit

>this whole thread

This.
On top of all that, Malekith is indirectly responsible for the end times (which never would have happened if the dwarfs and elves hadn’t been on decline for millennia beforehand), but Grombrindal is somehow cool with him? Fuck that.

I don't know what your pirated client is like, but I can toggle it right above the play button on the splash screen before starting the game, and it's also in your graphics options under advanced as a pull down menu I believe.

Rolling. Just beat a Tomb Kangz and getting annoyed with my Empire savescumming. *blows dice*

SIGMAR FORBIDS THIS

Why bother making me reroll, just make me look at other numbers in my post

>dwarf fortress
I don't think we played the same game.

This

They said it was coming in March right? Anyone know the exact date?

Haha jolly good!
*takes my head and leaves*

How do dwarves manage to be the fucking worst in everything warhammer?
>completely boring to play and fight in Total War
>completely boring to play and fight in Blood Bowl
>got retconned in 40k

oh geez I completely forgot tomb kangz are out, still waiting on that sale

rll

The game is way too hard.
I mean, how the fuck am I supposed to deal with this?

His white Raven is a Lord of Change. You fight him in the Chaos campaign after you get a cutscene of it transforming and eating the advisor.

>picking Mork
Don' be a git.

They get added back in 40k though. And Lizardmen is the most boring in TW

give me something cool pls

Still faster than your average Atilla turn once you got past turn 10

>gork fags
only true partricans like Mork.

That's literally on turn 1 with no other faction discovered and that's nearly 50 seconds long

Is that a metal gear?

>Gork is +3 leadership for 4 turns
>Mork is +4 leadership for 3 turns

>the manlet walk vs the chad stride

Tomb kings just came out recently why are you expecting a new announcement so soon?

ohh boy

You have to make a compromise somewhere when you have people screeching about CA removing provinces from the new world for mortal empires

My dad works at CA and he says that naval combat is added in 3.
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened since they blew their faction load on 2. Chorfs, Ogres, Kislev, and chaos demons are all fringe factions not many people care about.

What makes Hellman Ghorst the worst, besides the fact that he's a tagalong vampire orbiter? Never played him.

Those Warmaster models are tiny, there's nowhere to put a clear rod.

I like him for his research bonuses. Shame he's a literal who and the main VC is Mannlet instead of Chad.

All the old lords got buffs, but he was new enough that he missed out.
Before he was Kemmler mkII but with better summoning, but now Kemmler and Gelt became useful he’s the new bitch Lord

There's a lot of potential with fan made armies and factions, but I agree they kind of stretched themselves a little thin with their choices so far. I have faith though, CA have proven themselves to be complete Fantasy Battle neckbeards in the best possible way, so if anyone can make a good non-official faction, it's them.

For multiplayer at least, he's bloody awful. Super squishy, gives no good buffs, and is slow as hell.

I used to have to wait 5 beautiful British minutes between turns in Rome 2.

then I remembered to turn off 'Follow enemy moves'

the bigger they are...

cavalry in attila tho....

give me something nice

>Giving skaven a better cygor with regen and saves from dying or spawning some skavenslaves with spears

no daddy queek no!

>first sperg arrived

Time to start an empire

>Someone, who clearly doesn't enjoy the genre to begin with, recommends something different

This is what you're here for right?

>Khorne
>no Valkia the Bloody

nibba

Who?

I played so much TW1 I can't get into TW2...it's driving me crazy. And no, Beastmen are the greatest.

how does one get into total war games? i always get so overwhelmed and don't know what to do next.

develop autism

Literally how? Total War is basically super dumbed-down 4x.
Anyway, the Warhammer games are by far the least complicated out of all.
Any depth in the Warhammer games comes mostly from each faction's unique mechanics rather than the game's own mechanics.
The Empire has the most basic ones, so play as that first.

They are pretty simple mechanically. Not like HOI3 levels at all. If you're not into strat games, I don't know how you would like them. Your best bet is to just play one. Warhammer is a great place to start and Empire is the easiest faction. Rome 2 is good as well and Atilla is a pain in the ass, but the AoC DLC is really good. You just have to jump in and read the tooltips.

Watch some videos to learn the basics, personally Lionheart's and PartyElite's guides helped me a lot.
Don't play on easy setting, the battles make absolutely no sense, just leave it on normal.

Handgunner punch way above their cost.

Come on luck number 80

Beastmen are definitely the most fun.

thanks guys, really appreciate the advice. I guess I just need to plow through. It isn't that I don't understand the game, I just have this quirk where I get anxiety playing strategy games thinking I am making the wrong decision.

Is it wrong that I want to kill myself if Thanquol isn't released?

I pretty much only play mortal empires in 2.

>only play mortal empires in 2.
That good? It's the only DLC I don't have to Warhammer TW...

No, go right ahead.

everchosen pls

>I get anxiety playing strategy games thinking I am making the wrong decision.
I get that too. If I lose a city I freak out thinking the AI is going to take out my entire civ. Don't be afraid to restart if you don't like a faction. The later TW games are better because they limit how many Generals you and the AI can field at once based on your size, so they can't just bum rush you with 6 20 unit armies.

My VC mate. I literally hate this faction.

Tzeentch best god

Thanquol can't be released.
He's too big and with too much established lore.

t. zeentch

Versatility >>> Specialty

>got clan rictus
>not skryre with ikit claw and more warptech
>not moulder with more monstrosities
>not thanquol
>unlikely there will be more than four LL's for each faction

Latest DLC is always best faction. I'm hoping Chaos Dwarves are left for last.

How the hell do I get into the WF lore without pouring over the wiki for hundreds of hours? Where even is all of this info and lore coming from? Where do I start?

Demonic Mary Sue, cocksleeve of Khorne, she looks kinda cool but she's not going to fly in game cause Devs are autistic about it.

chorfs for twwh3

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!kF4GASgC
READ NIGGA READ

TWWH is unironically a good starting point

>More loyalty loss event
>- 2 loyalty on recruitment
>- chance on every RNG checks
>+ miscast chance
>in exchange he got both lores and can summon even Verminlord to battle
>+leadership
>can reflect damage taken into skaven units next to him
Would you?

>tips fedora

Just play TW:W, Vermintide and lurk threads I didn't know anything at all about warhammer fantasy before new Total War and bought in only because it is Total War.

This guy has a pretty cool channel where he talks about all sorts of shit: youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
You can also read Gotrek and Felix.

Play the games.
See something, a faction or a character you like alot? Read about it on the wiki. Go from there.
I really liked the Skaven, so I read about some of their history and characters in the wiki and now I'm reading the Thanquol books.

At this point they're not

High Elves are the best faction

PRAISE SOTEK

Norsca return when

May

may and 28th of this month

That's how I play skaven. Except for the superior infantry part. If they reach me they are just overwhelmed by numbers and hit in the back by the summon from bellow units.

Challenging starting position, can fight many different races in the early and a fun army. All of this makes up for unique mechanics

/tg/ Warhammer 40K thread
open links
read

>not having Ironbreakers and irondrakes to drown them in fire and explosion

>and their basic infantry have shields
So does literally everyone, but their basic infantry barely improves over the course of the game. Meanwhile dwarfs' basic infantry is superior outright, and that's before they get Longbeards and then Ironbreakers to make their lines even more impenetrable.

Rollan.

rolling for delves

Empire infantry is shit

Greatswords get rekt by everyone in its class

Why the fuck are blessed spawns still bugged? God damn it CA, I want my cool lizards.

Use your menace below summons when they're still miles away from you. They'll swarm on the expendable rats and clump up for your artillery.

>Three full playthroughs (one Vortex, two ME) and I've never even seen a Blessed Carnosaur quest yet

Killing myself if I roll a knife ear

ROLLIN thinks this is spam so ROLLIN

I lack an SSD and the turn times and load times in Mortal Empires is so bad I've taken to just reading a novel on my phone while I'm playing or watching TV on my second monitor.

On the plus side, I've caught up on a shitload of reading.

PROTECT HIS SMILE

I'm on my 110 turn with Maz and I've had one blessed spawn quest and that's it. Started a Kroq'gar run, maybe I'll have better luck. Both ME but it seems it doesn't matter if it's Vortex or not.

shit gets boring after 40-50 turns just like in every other total war

After seeing how well they handled Norsca, I honestly think they could do fine with something like Kislev or the southern realms.

How do I brets? It seems that everything that isn't a knight is just utterly horrible. Who's gonna hold the line? Do I just mass cavalry, smash them in and pray?

Get a grail reliquae for your shitter peasants
That or cavalry as your hammer AND your anvil

I AM THE SUPREME PATRIARCH

Skaven best

>Empire

Grail reliquae. If you have enough money get Grail Guardians which has great melee stats and shit charge bonus

I'd say there's a chance they make it into TWWH2. If you look on the ME map, the Darklands aren't cut out of the map, there's just the FoW covering it.

around elves..watch yourselves

Rumor says its a right issue since there is already a warhammer naval game.

why are high elves so fucking op? I started a game as lizardmen on release that I still haven't finished because helves have 86 settlements and are on the final ritual at turn 90. I don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to deal with them when they take the entire map before I even leave my continent

what would their charriots be pulled by?

Have a Paladin or two lead the peasants and give them the skills for increased leadership/damage to ranged units, keep the Paladin on foot as they are just managing the infantry not running around chasing things, they are also tanky as fuck and can hold a unit while your own unit supports them. Youre cavalry should be lead by your lord. Remember bowmen, have about 6 of them at any time and have them take out other cavalry as priority, so you can then use your own cavalry to mop up infantry without their cavalry trying to stop you.

Learn to manage the charge formation, it decimates infantry lines, you dont need a full stack of Knights to make them effective.

>Childish rhyming

Skeleton horses, except Arkhan the BBC who got spooky ghost horses

People were already pissed off Mortal Empires wasn't literally just 1 + 2's maps combined, but made cuts and shortened things and thinned out some minor factions.

Sometimes fans want the impossible, and "shorter turn times" and "larger map with more factions" are contradictory demands.

The nation calls

>still no lion chariots and flying chariots

>games workshop
>creative assembly
a match made in jew heaven

Best starting position on the map

Is it possible you just don't like Total War games and, perhaps, should stop playing them?

40-50 turn is like where the game just starts

British was the original jews

That's because it is spam. That poster should feel bad for posting those and you should feel bad for responding. They're one step above "You have been visited by X, good things will happen to you but only if you post..." images. They're thread-spamming garbage that serves only to push a thread towards the bump limit with tons of useless identical spammy replies.

Remember user, if the filter thinks your post is spam, ask if your post is actually just spam.

Greatswords aren't suitable as basic line infantry. They lack shields and they lack High Elf greatsword's deflection ability, so they get utterly shit on by any kind of archery. That's unacceptable for the line infantry.

>He's too big

He's spent most of his existence on foot being followed around by a bigger-than-average Boneripper. There's nothing forcing them to use his End Times model and in any case being fucking huge didn't stop Kholek Suneater from being made a Legendary Lord.

>with too much established lore

Every single Legendary Lord in the entire game has boatloads of established lore. TW:WH isn't about following the lore, it's about playing how you want in a Warhammer-themed sandbox.

Chaos > Greenskins > Empire > other factions
prove me wrong

protip:you can't

But dwarfs are vastly superior to greenskins.

OH BOY I SURE LOVE FIGHTING NOTHING BUT ENDLESS CHAOSSHITS AND NORSCA WHO JUST RESETTLE THE SHITTY SETTLEMENTS I RAZE FOR LIKE 50 TURNS INSTEAD OF CONQUERING THE WORLD THANKS A LOT SHITATIVE SHITSEMBLY

Literally the other way around
Here is my proof pic

Why are lizardmen so underrated?

Fuck you guys, I'm going back to my t-rexes and my solar cannons and my shielded halberd infantry.

may actually

Welcome to tabletop dorfs. They generally functioned as very static and gunline armies with extremely elite and durable melee units.
The empire had a fairly similiar function. Gunline was possible, but their artillery wasn't as nice. They were more adaptable than dorfs in terms of unit choice, however.

>this is bullshit why do I have to fight chaos so much in this warhammer game

I could almost get behind AoS (almost) if they didn't change everything to those stupid copyright-friendly VERB THE ADJECTIVE NOUN names.

>Why are lizardmen so underrated?
Lizardmen was my top1 hype race for TWWH2, but they're just boring gameplay-wise.
They're the most straightforward race after orcs, but orcs are actually fun.

>In the final stretch of my Dwarf campaign
>Grimgor and Azhag are wounded, remaining settlements are weak ass garrisons with my powerhouse armies very close
>One powerful Lord conquering all of Karak Kadrin's remaining settlements
>90k per turn and only increasing
>Strength Rank 1 by an enormous margin
>Suddenly lose all interest in finishing the campaign
Dammit

At least bringing as much cannons as allowed to snipe everything bigger than a horse in 1 turn isn’t the case in TW

>>Strength Rank 1 by an enormous margin
>>Suddenly lose all interest in finishing the campaign
So, your first grand strategy game? It's absolutely normal, user.

rollan
gimme something good

Dwarves are far more straightforward than orcs. Their enemies are pretty much prescribed just due to the map - you'll always fight greenskins first, usually vampires second, then chaos, and you pretty much have to deliberately try to pick a fight with southern realms or empire as an alternative. Orcs at least have a few directions they can go in. Dwarven tactics are "Make line of linebreakers, second line of archers, third line of artillery, sit back and watch."

Sure hope you made that look out sir roll

but dwarfs are small and stubborn wich make them little faggots, therefore inferior to glorious greenskins

>Stormvermin should have halberds and shields
>instead get sword and shield variant that doesn't exist outside of Total War

Genuinely upset about this.

>Still no Boris as full LL
>No Espel LL
>No Leitdorf LL
>No Luthor promoted to LL

Maybe in TWW III?

SETTRA RULES.

race dlc is 20 bucks
buying game 1 is adding 5 races
value
But yes it's fucking worth it, I can't even begin to imagine the hell of only playing the vortex campaign. Mortal Empires is the whole meat of it, you're lapping up a marrowless pre-chewed bone right now

Because standing against monsters, orcs and chaos barbarians with a bunch of regular Joe's with nothing but the advantage of technology (and some magic, but I seldom use them) is very fun. Besides, I love the HRE aesthetics, and nothing beats the symphony of a thundering battery of cannons.

Yeah it is actually. Glad to hear that's normal. I was never too crazy about the Dwarfs anyway, but I'm such a noob I felt like I should take the easy route to establish myself. I'm still a shitter though because I only have 2 provinces at level 5 even though I have such an enormous lead, even though I build a growth building in pretty much every settlement.

Grand Strategy has a lot to take in.

how is that impossible, foul knave

you're right

All factions > Empire

>Dwarves are far more straightforward than orcs
Single player - yes
Multiplayer - absolutely not

Dwarves are damn interesting when playing multiplayer with chess strategy defending from cavalry and shit

How viable is establishing a permanent High Elf Kingdom in the Old World, and allying with the Empire to expunge Chaos, Tree Hitler and Greenskins?

ure mum is bullshit u gay cat

All of Bretonnia used to be Asur colonies. Just take it back from the HonHons. The yellow climate is the only hard part, but it's manageable once you've secured Ulthuan.

Stormvermin (Halberd) are fucking murderous, even though they lack shields, though.

*takes Sigmar's throne*

Battle composition for dwarves are prerty fun late game with Irondrakes, thunderers, organ guns and flame cannons

Same as DElves honestly, spears and crossbows/shades shit on everything but witch elves, hydra and dragons are fun to use

Besides obvious difficulty increase my way of having fun is rushing things, doing something big every turn. Like you're on a timer. Dwarves are very passive and have to skip turns a lot, it understandable.
You would be surprised how much fun you would have with weak ass shitters like goblins and skaven
Don't play high elves tho, they're broken with their imbalanced starting point.

>Chaos Mommyrauder

> takes nagash dick in his rotten ass

This

>Make line of linebreakers, second line of archers, third line of artillery, sit back and watch
Try playing with normal opponent or at least up the battle difficulty

I really doubt it's a rights issue. I'm pretty sure GW just gave Man o War devs the right to use the Warhammer ships, not an exclusivity deal like EA has for star wars. CA is either lazy and unwanting to create naval or is waiting to implement it to draw in and entice people. Naval would be nice though since we would no longer have to deal with the retarded autoresolve only that happens on water, at the very least let us fight the battles on some island or whatever, autoresolve is broken right now in 2.

In your dreams Mannlet von Cuckstein. Exalted Seatwarmer of Vlad von Carstein.

Using an undead for a seat warmer doesn't seem particularly helpful.

Blood Dragon>Von Carstein>Strigori>Lahmia>Necrach
this is irrefutable

You'll need to fetch your little steps to help you climb up to the seat first, Mannlet.

NAGASH WAS WEAK

Unless you torch him.

How do I defend Empire.
Beastmen keep popping in and ruining my plans and razing my towns before I can see them.

Walls on all settlements

Build walls

Adding more lords is useless when they haven't figured out special starting positions for the Old World races and you still can't play Middenland or Mousillon in TWWH2.

They're so entrenched with their meme Brittannia garbage and the Chink fantasy TW they're making.

I think it's because people complained about naval battles being non-stop un-fun clusterfucks for the last few games running. Personally I blame that on the games' time periods because naval combat was actually a total clusterfuck uo until someone had the bright idea of putting guns on ships, and now that the current setting has vast potential for interesting naval gameplay I really want CA to actually implement it.

>von car((stein)) that high

Does anyone else think Total War is unplayable without mods to enhance settlement garrisons?

Every game becomes an unstoppable steamroll by early-mid game in vanilla because settlement garrisons are utterly useless, and any AI that attacks your own territory steamrolls until you can get an army in to deal with them as well. And that gets fucking frustration and undercuts much of the strategy in the game, since you don't have to actually plan out where you can manage to go next with your forces, just endless autoresolve.

>Every game becomes an unstoppable steamroll by early-mid game in vanilla because settlement garrisons are utterly useless, and any AI that attacks your own territory steamrolls until you can get an army in to deal with them as well.
That's bullshit

That also led to Rome II’s bullshit where everyone drop a full stack on their single settlements

>No Norsca yet

Nuh uh.

I vastly preferred the pre-Rome II system where, if you saw an army coming, you could at least try to rapidly call up whatever forces you could manage to build, and keep small armies garrisoned in vulnerable cities.

hmpf

rollan for fun

We need to be patient.

Heh. What I like about the TK in the game is not only the crafting stuff, but also the whole research thing going around. Especially that you can summon TKs that are particularly powerful than the ones you can recruit. And those are also canon characters too to boot.

Hello Siggy and Thorgrim.

gimme gimme gimme

Wei is best
come the fuck on

Every settlement needs walls.
Armies will zero in from the other side of the map if they detect one village in bumfuck nowhere without a wall.
Granted, that does make them great for setting ambushes. Even if the AI does bullshit their way past them quite often.

go

rerolling

>Why is the Empire the best faction?

Because you're faggot? I think that's not a legit reason.

Valkia is part of the Warriors of Chaos army, that infographic only lists units from the Daemons of Chaos.

End times is shit and non-canon.
Only shills take it seriously.

The lore isn't an issue because Azhag is canonically very dead and still made the cut.

What the fuck do I do you piece of shit

>Bretonnia
>honor up the ass
>chivalry everywhere
>protect the weak

>pegasus knights land on the plebs yelling "SLAY ALL THE PEASANTS!"

This shit's great.

too bad slaanesh is banned in the uk

I like how CA expanded their roster. Could say TWW is the true 8th ED Bretonnians never got.

>3 months still

FUUUUUUUUCK

Redpill me on surtha ek, what is his endgame?

To embarrass Arcuck.

Fuck wtf are they doing are you serious.

At the very least they're paying more attention to old stuff than GW ever did. Things like Fimir and the wood elves squatting in the southlands are a nice touch
CA fucked up and made it so the norsca patch was entirely incompatible with 2. They have to recode the entire thing from scratch. That's their claim, anyway

Indeed. Fimir, Skinwolves, the Southland WElves. It's the little things.

>True Chariot Master - defeat Settra as Surtha Ek: +100% weapon strength for Chaos Chariot units in Lord's army

>Surtha Wrecked - defeat Surtha Ek as Settra: +10 Skeleton Chariot capacity, +10 armor for chariot units in Lord's army

CA sure have their finger on the meme pulse.

SUMMON

>Settra The Imperishable
>Surta-Ek
>Surta Knuttson
>Even Khazrak

One day we'll have a WHFB Chariot race game. We also need to have Surtara-Ek of Tiranoc to get her own chariot. Not to mention Grom The Pauch getting into the game with his own chariot and chariot bonuses.

Predictions for TWW2 Norsca?

A Given
>new tech for taking New World faction capitals
>balance shit

Likely
>Dinosaur Monster Hunt
>wyrm gets breath attack

Dream
Surtha Ek Legendary Lord

The first two? DEFINITIVELY. The latter however is very unlikely.

Asinine mortals

Eh, I think they would do something to compensate lack of it for so long. Monster Hunt isn't that hard to make. Just resize some Dino, Hellpit Abomination and Hydra to be larger and then make mission in which enemy monsters are attacking you from all sides.

THE

ayylmao

That would make sense.

Total Warhammer 3 will be four separately playable chaos factions warring against each other.

CALLING IT.

>calling it by parroting the 2 year old russian leak

THIS. I don't see them like in tabletop. One Khornate, one Slaaneshi, one Tzeentch and one Nurgle. No Chaos Undivided unless Be'Lakor is in charge.

>Be'Lakor is in charge
Go home Belly, you're having delusions again.

Sadly he's the only Undivided Prince. STUPID GW had to retcon Undivided Daemon Princes.

No mixed Chaos Daemons Army unless this fucker is in charge.

does this piece of shit needs to be buffed?

Its unacceptable. I can't play any factions outside of Lustria and Southlands because I am burnt out fighting unending chaff WoC stacks. I REALLY want to play my nigga Malekith, but can't.
Aside from that, CA needs to fucking step up and start releasing details on its future DLC.

What I am hoping
>Helves LL
Alarielle, Alith Anar
>Delves LL
Hellebron, Lokhir Fellheart, Malus Darkblade
>Lizards LL
Tehenhauin, Kroak (mummified)
>Skaven LL
Thanquol, Ikit Claw, Throt
>Faction
Araby, Dogs of War/Southlands

Anything less is a slap in the face.

Also would like to see another LL released for Welves. Ariel is a much needed addition for the faction.

Retribution or Emperor? I don't have any ships with strike craft yet so I was considering the Emperor which has 4 bays but a Battleship without lots of guns sorta seems like a waste. I love torpedoes as well and the Retribution has some while the Emperor doesn't.

What is the "ideal" late-game Bretonnian army? Grail guadians to hold the line while hammering with grail knights?

They'd piss off every other faction.

Retribution with micro warp jump and upgraded armor and shielding. If you're going to take shit, give more than they could ever dish out.

Sorry OP this is false, the Dark Elves are the best faction and the master race

>Kroak
That'd be cool as shit

>tfw laughed at High Elves before release
>Made fun out them
>Joked about them not even getting a trailer and being bullied by CA
>They turned out to be my favorite race from both games

fuck this actor is really good.

I run Louen on Beauquis, four Grail Knights, four Grail Guardians, four Hippogryph Knights, four Royal Pegasus Knights, and three Blessed Trebuchet with a pair of peasant stacks in support. In field battles Louen goes first, but in sieges I let the peasant stacks climb the walls and have Louen fly in to support once they make a breach.

Grail Knights cycle charge, Grail Guardians pin enemy units in place, Hippogryphs crack open anything with heavy armor, Pegasi hunt down enemy cavalry, skirmishers, and siege weapons.

>mission is cruiser clash
>bring a battleship
absolutely devilish.

wut? I think they're fine. not too much damage but high rate of fire and decent splash

im tempted to get this game but ive already procrastinated so much with real life stuff

I'm enjoying it I guess. I pirated it but it's currently 11 dollars on steam with the sale, a sequel just got announced though and it's going to have 12 races compared to the 6 in the first. battles are fairly short, usually less then 5 minutes each even at higher point values.

At least there is Vermintide on 8th march to kill snowniggers and pretty much it starts for preorders on 28th. I even played as Nurgle aligned Throgg in TW:W1. Saved Wulfric for ME, he seems fitting for sailing to new world.
Wonder if they move him to one of those factions near Malekith. That would be more interesting and he would still be close enough to Bretonnia. Or on second thought scrap this. He is fine where he is. That one Delf faction always rises to power and borders Norsca through sea.

says its $50 for me

> not a single dominator
You playing this game wrong.

my bad, just realized the sale ended yesterday.

This game cant come out sooner.
Technical test was a blast already.

I just want more units
>HElves
Shadow Warriors, Sister of Avelorn, Skycutter
>DElves
Medusa, Kharibdyss, Sister of Slaughter
>Lizardmen
Razordon, Salamander, Troglodon
>Skaven
Ratling Gun, Warplock Jezztails, Wolf Rats

there is another beta on 22th but it doesn't save progress like that at 28th

rollin

Is it confirmed?

Torpedoes are easier to use and deadlier then the Nova Cannon in my opinion. I hate the scatter on the Nova, more often then not the cannon ends up targeting an area that the enemy can safely ignore while Torpedoes always go where you tell them to. A well timed stasis bomb is pretty much game-over as then my cruisers can quick turn and dump their topedoes on what ever got trapped in the stasis.

I had a rat like that. Coolest fucking pet ever. Would follow me around like a dog. Escaped her cage and came upstairs to my room and got into bed with me.

28th beta is said to save progress unless they will really fuck something up which basically makes it preorder early start.