SYSTEM SHOCK REMAKE DEAD IN THE WATER

>In March of 2016, Nightdive Studios released our video of our vision of System Shock Remastered. Done in Unity it was an immediate hit with almost a half million views on YouTube. In June of 2016 we launched a Kickstarter campaign to make the vision into a reality. It was tremendously successful with over 21,000 backers contributing over $1.3 million to the campaign. We put together a development team and began working on the game. But along the way something happened.

>Maybe we were too successful. Maybe we lost our focus. The vision began to change. We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game. We shifted engines from Unity to Unreal, a choice that we don’t regret and one that has worked out for us. With the switch we began envisioning doing more, but straying from the core concepts of the original title.

>As our concept grew and as our team changed, so did the scope of what we were doing and with that the budget for the game. As the budget grew, we began a long series of conversations with potential publishing partners. The more that we worked on the game, the more that we wanted to do, and the further we got from the original concepts that made System Shock so great.

>Ultimately the responsibility for the decisions rests with me. As the CEO and founder of Nightdive Studios, a company that was built on the restoration of the System Shock franchise, I let things get out of control. I can tell you that I did it for all the right reasons, that I was totally committed to making a great game, but it has become clear to me that we took the wrong path, that we turned our backs on the very people who made this possible, our Kickstarter backers.

>I have put the team on a hiatus while we reassess our path so that we can return to our vision. We are taking a break, but NOT ending the project. Please accept my personal assurance that we will be back and stronger than ever. System Shock is going to be completed and all of our promises fulfilled.

OH NO NO NO NO

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/subject/SYSTEM SHOCK REMAKE DEAD IN THE WATER/
youtube.com/watch?v=20MoEeo9B-U
youtube.com/watch?v=BFbLEAOZ-as
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kikescammer strikes again, faggots took the money and ran, I hope nobody is gullible enough to fund kikescammers.

Just do what you said you were going to do. How can you fuck up this badly?

boards.fireden.net/v/search/subject/SYSTEM SHOCK REMAKE DEAD IN THE WATER/
We get it

NO YOU DON'T, WE NEED 30 MORE THREADS

This is why I never back Kikestarter projects unless I'm sure that a competent team is behind it. Most of them are just code monkeys with no sense of scope or direction and they go nuts implementing random features until they suddenly run out of time and resources and beg for more money, only to do the same thing again.

Lul, they had one job and they blew it. The game itself is already made for them and they couldn't even copy it using today's advanced tech.

>We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game
WHY
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SHITTY ASS FUCKING GAME IDEA
I JUST WANT TO PLAY SYSTEM SHOCK, YOU KNOW, ONE OF THE BEST CYBERPUNK GAMES EVER FUCKING MADE
BUT THIS TIME AROUND I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO AIM PROPERLY
CUNT

its either shitty management
or damage control from no content/laziness
probably both

this

you people are idiots

How many times are you going to post this retard

No one cares about your shitty precursor to the actually good one.

I dunno. I believe the official story on this one.

>fuck up
How is getting money for delivering absolutely nothing "fucking up"?

Because you're a gullible idiot, the perfect kind to steal money from with schemes like Kikescammer.

Just play the original, it holds up really well.

>Everyone loves the safe, lower effort, 1:1 development approach seen in the demo
>Abandon it for a risky, high effort approach that no one wanted

I can't comprehend why they did this, it would never have benefited them in any way.

Reminder that a milion dollars isn't much money anymore. 10 reasonably paid employees will eat that up in two years and if you want good staff it will run out sooner.

I HAVE IT'S FUCKING GREAT AND I LOVE IT
But goddamn, I was really looking forward to this. IMO it's way better than SS2, and I could probably convice a few friends to play the remaster.
Whatever, these fags probably would have removed the elevator music or some shit like that anyway.

is this the third time you made this thread

>unreal engine

Good riddance. At least they had some balls to tell people that they fucked up. Here's an unrelated picture of Chris Roberts.

Yes, we are the real victims here goy

>Using unity is better

LOL

>game engine matters in a game you're mostly in cramped as fuck corridors

Be honest OP, how much money did they swindle from you that you make so many threads about it on Cred Forums?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just let it die. If you want System Shock, here's a crazy concept:

PLAY THE ORIGINAL ONE, YOU DOPES

>System Shock
>Bioshock
>Prey
Any other games in this genre?

If people only wanted a straightforward remaster, why did they choose to fund a reboot?

youtube.com/watch?v=20MoEeo9B-U
youtube.com/watch?v=BFbLEAOZ-as
Good riddance.

Holy shit this guys a fucking faggot.

>"As CEO this is my fault"
>Proceeds to say "We" for the entirety of his post in the hopes you didn't read his fake-ass attempt to take responsibility

Nice consistency dickhead.

Lol maybe we were too successful dood we got payed too much money dood