Nintendo getting pressured by share holders to give up governance over company

ft.com/content/5ee7dbc8-148a-11e8-9376-4a6390addb44

>richest company in japan
>dude split stock lmao

who the fuck would accept this?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-02-these-are-the-sorts-of-questions-nintendo-gets-asked-by-shareholders
nintendoeverything.com/details-from-nintendos-77th-annual-general-meeting-of-shareholders/
money.usnews.com/investing/articles/2017-07-14/dual-class-non-voting-stock-how-investors-losing-rights
chicagobusiness.com/article/20160513/ISSUE10/160519923/sears-has-lost-shareholders-much-of-their-investment
seekingalpha.com/article/40006-nintendo-stock-split-not-expected-until-2009
engadget.com/2018/01/04/nintendo-switch-fastest-us-selling-console/
investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/public-companies-privatize-go-private.asp
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627qa/02.html
archive.is/lsIb4
archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2009/11/15/the_curious_economic_effects_of_religion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

can someone tell me how big nintendo's war chest is again, i'm forgetting

If shareholders hold a majority and agree on it, I don't think Nintendo has a choice. It's up to Nintendo convince them otherwise.

Let's see how Kishima will act in this circumstance.
Both Yamauchi and Iwata would have refused for sure.

Get the foreign investors to slit their stomachs.

Shareholders are actually the cancer that is killing videogames.

Is Japans economy tanking or something?

The switch was "successful"???

9.4 billion dollars according to article

>(((shareholder)))
A Japanese company must stay Japanese

Uh oh.

That's not how stock market works.

Props to the photographer who was able to get the lighting JUST right to make a normal Mario statue look like he was giving the surprised/shocked and disgusted face

yea japan ran out of money so they are sending swat teams to raid their offices to forcible take nintendos financials over to keep japan afloat

they are arguing that if japan didn't exist first then the switch would not exist so the switch and its sales profits belong to the people and not some corporation

Near 15mln sold in 1 year, dude

Can someone post those minutes from a shareholder meeting where someone stands up and goes "I hate video games tell me how you're going to fuck the gamers lol" and Iwata told him to buzz off?

Stock splits are good 99% of the time. Why the fuck are you bitching?

>Just video games
90% of shareholders are halfwits with more money than brains, and posses next to 0 knowledge of the subject of their investment. All of them are in it for pump and dump, and would burn this planet down to ashes for a quick buck, because they are allergic to the concepts of sustainable growth and long term profits over short term gains.

>Fastest selling console in history the Usa
>Not successful
And before you give me that 'AMERICA IS IRRELEVANT FUCKING MUTTS' trash remember that Usa is the 2nd biggest video game market.

This, right here. This is why you don't have any friends.

I’m concerned about the falling stock price. I own stock, but I don’t own a single Nintendo product," said the shareholder. "I believe games are a waste of time. By the way, the reason I own Nintendo stock is because the name is nice, it’s in Kyoto and it was listed in the year of my birth.

I have more friends than you + 1 tho

god this right here sums up just about all of human error in one person.
man it's reading shit like this guy that makes me feel like this world really is doomed.

t. shareholder

>they are arguing that if japan didn't exist first then the switch would not exist so the switch and its sales profits belong to the people and not some corporation

But without the corporation no one would have made the Switch so the sales profits of the Switch should go to Nintendo... isn't that how it works?

This, worse than the SJWs and the parasites like Anita and Zoe, are the shareholders.

What are video games anyway? i don't have a kid because i just masturbate to numbers in the stockmarket

Fucking this.

>games are a waste of time
uh, isn't stocks a form of gaming?

It doesn't count if they live in your head.

More like gambling desu.

Naaa dawg, its a form of gambling a insane amount of other peoples money and hoping that something doesn't break and you lose several (hundreds) million dollars worth of peoples retirement funds.

how can they live in my head

thats like saying "I woke up dead"

Pretty much why Sony cinematic universes rarely get more than 1 movie

>>Fastest selling console in history the Usa
*in 10 months

>Gambling
>Literally a GAME of chance

>shareholders
let it never be forgotten that all the jewery, all (((they))) have ever done, is out of a fiduciary obligation to fuck you over as much as possible because the free market is failing to account for your existence as a human being. (this is also known as creating profit for shareholders)

Did someone forced Nintendo to go public?

Someone explain to a brainlet what exactly is happening in OP

>subscription required to read the article

Can somebody pastebin it?

I dont know anything about market shares or shareholder, hell even in economy in general ...
Can someone give me a quick explanation on what this means and what could be the consequences ?

At least he has a head where people can live on, too bad you can't say the same. Your head is only between your legs and it is smaller than an ant, even an imaginary being wouldn't want it.

mario sees your dick. he is impressed

niggas trying to corrupt nintendo

>Hey Nintendo, Give us more power over your company
yeah, how about fuck you?

basically shareholders want more transparency in the governance, nintendo says "this what we are we make money u not happy waito piggu?"

Calm down, you're making a scene.

nintendo is a public company like most companies. this means that you can buy shares in their company from other people.
shares are like a percentage of the company, the more you have the more you get to say what the company does
their shares are very very vast majority privately owned by themselves. this means they hold a very high percentage of their own company. some shareholders want to buy into their privately owned stake, thus giving up more of the power and decision making right.

nintendo says fuck off.

>"No."

>>subscription required to read the article
wut? no, but anyway

>oh no, this multi billion dollar company is gonna lose money that they will never invest into games

what a shame

>implying Kishima plays that shit

He's gonna tell everyone to fuck off.

>9.4bn
jesus christ.

Yup, people tend to blame the managers as the pinnacle of capitalist evil and workforce exploitation, but in the end they only do it because they have to bow to fucking (((shareholders))) even if it goes against healhy common and business sense.
Naw man gotta bloat those numbers, sustainability and human welfare as a whole be damned. Don't forget that for most full-time stock traders money has long lost any meaning besides personal score. They will bring this planet and our society to their knees just to be able to boast another +1.000 at year's end.

They just want smaller investors to be able to purchase Nintendo shares, which they can't because they're currently valued so high.

>That last paragraph

anyway chances are they'll just say no

don't fix what aint broken

Company needs more funds for growth
They decide to "sell" bits and pieces of "ownership" known as stock in order to gain an influx of cash.
Doing this opens them up to interference from the outsiders who now own bits and pieces of them. These are shareholders. Shareholders want the value of the stock to increase so they can sell it for big money or they want to coast on any dividends the stock provides.

Companies have a maximum amount of stock they own/are allowed to issue.
Let's say a maximum of 10,000 as an example.
As another example, they're choosing to sell only 2,000 of that 10,000 and the other 8,000 is held by Nintendo itself.
Shareholders want more of that full 10,000 to be publically available for sale which would drop the stock price AND allow shareholders more control of nintendo.

What the fuck is the need for that last paragraph? It's so out of place.

JOURNALISM

turns out it wasn't even their actual shareholders making a fuss, and rightfully so. stocks in nintendo are literally free rising net worth.
>nintendo allowing anything to compromise their in house directing power
i laugh

Let's say it happens, how bad can it be vidya-wise ?

It's my understanding that they're not asking for Nintendo to sell more of their shares directly but to simply devalue the price of an individual share so smaller investors can trade.
An equivalent would be to reduce trading limit from 100 shares to some smaller number.

So basically blood is on teh water and the sharks are out for a piece of it.

Nintendo been self governed for 100 years, they have Zero reason to dilute its power, specially towards "shareholders" that we know all they want is Nintendo to go Full Mobile and 3rd party

Whoever wrote this article is a massive shill

>One of your products fails
>Everyone abandons you
>Your next product is a great success
>Out of nowhere everyone now wants you to give more shares because now you're successful
to be honest, im a dumbfuck with this shareholding thing, but if they want to take Nintendo to some EAsque shit, they can get the fuck out.

Shareholders are even more useless than bankers, though not quite as parasitic.

>an all-male board
Why did they bring this up at all?

This is actually why the private investing markets have inflated so much in size recently and why some of the largest, newest companies refuse to go public.
Self destructive investors are definitely getting adjusted by the market as more and more huge companies refuse going public

Co-ed boards statistically perform better.

9 months fag

Capitalism at its finest

nintendo is unironically a fucking pioneer of japanese modern culture, and this is what capitalism tries to do to it
bend it to the beck and call of (((shareholders))).
fucking disgusting, really

When did Nintendo overtake Toyota?
I don't believe you because if Japan's economy was that bad we would be hearing a lot more about it.

>and why some of the largest, newest companies refuse to go public.
Craigslist had the right idea.

How hard is it for Nintendo to be a private company
Ideologies are cancer

I can only agree to this, after working for a company and arranging three of their yearly stock events. Not only the ones with money, there are even just no-brainers with almost no money there, but being very vocal and almost a parasite, that is only there for the drinks and food.

Being a wagie is suffering.

>tfw investment banker
i haven't lost my morals yet, and that only makes me hate the world more

Is it possible to reprivatise your company or is it obligated to stay public until it fails?

>american blogs
>obsessed with tokenism
gee I wonder.

#metoo

>But despite presenting itself as the ultimate family-friendly company with a commitment to diversity, the creator of Mario, Princess Peach and Donkey Kong has yet to break its tradition of an all-male board.

Nintendo being based as fuck as per usual.

Working in a bank sucks the humanity out of you, i wish you all the best user.

They'd have to buy back all their stock they don't currently own which would be insanely expensive.
6.5 Billion dollars.

>One of your IP's is going to be a fucking symbol in the next world olympic games.
No wonder why shareholders want more power in Nintendo, just the monetary value of Mario and Pokemon is more than enough to buy japan.

A stock split is simply a way to lower share prices, this has nothing to do with ownership.

Think of all existing stock as a pizza. Everyone has their own slices, and nintendo has the most slices. A stock split is simply cutting every single slice into 2 slices (in the case of a 2 for 1 split, it can vary). Nobody owns any more or less of the pizza, the individual slices are just smaller. Smaller slices can affect shareholder and potential shareholder behavior, but the act of splitting itself has no effect on ownership.

If a company splits 2 for 1, and you own 100 shares at 20$ each, you will now own 200 shares at 10$ each.

It's possible, but you have to buy all of your public stocks, and undergo a lot of administrative stuff depending of the country of origin of the company.

In other words, it's possible, but maybe impossible, and a complete hassle.

Because gaming journolism websites basically have to have that now, no matter how out of place it is.

>"This game was a solid 10/10 but you can't play as a lefthanded eskimo lesbian so it's now a so-so 5/10"

>just the monetary value of Mario and Pokemon is more than enough to buy japan.

i actually laughed but youre not wrong either

The Financial Times isn't a gaming website.

Nintendo hold the majority so eehp.

> a commitment to greater transparency
>greater transparency
I dont know a single Video Games company that is more open up with its Number than Nintendo. their Quarterly releases are a love letter to read

Can private companies still own studios? Like, if nintendo became private would they still own a stake in TPC and monolithsoft?

Oh shit, sorry about that, i'll fix it.

>"Because journalism websites, regardless of the subject matter basically have to have that now, no matter how out of place it is."
>>"This fishing rod is a solid 10/10 but it isn't made from the tears of Ugandan war orphans so it's now a so-so 5/10 "

no other company is so simply structured. they make games, they make contracts with people to make games, they make consoles and devices, and they make contracts with people to make consoles. there's nothing to hide.

They meant inside communication.
Showing your numbers is an obligation for a public company.

I remember when stockholders were eager to sell their Nintendo Stocks during the Wii U, Fall of Iwata era. Nintendo bought those stocks up. if anything Nintendo is keeping its money.

I bet the jews are behi...
>But despite presenting itself as the ultimate family-friendly company with a commitment to diversity, the creator of Mario, Princess Peach and Donkey Kong has yet to break its tradition of an all-male board
Yep jews try to take nintendo over.

I don't see why not.

They're moving into biomedical devices.

of course
what is owned by nintendo has nothing to do with who owns nintendo

>They meant inside communication.
So, they want Nintendo to tell them what new console and games are they working on? or is some different kind of inside communication?

Really? in what form?

t. antifa

Exoskeletons.

Apparently N is very very rigid when it comes to internal communications and new projects.
That's because it's a Kyoto-style company, so very traditional and based on "Either everybody agree, or that stuff is getting canned".

Based Abe

Well shit I guess we're seeing the ViiR AR system in 2040 or some shit like that

>he thinks nintendo actually has 9.4bn in reserves

I'll give you a hint: someone is using that money right now to buy meme dom perignon for underage hookers. There's absolutely 0 reason for a company to have such ludicrous reserves. I'd sooner believe the fed government has more than an ounce of gold stored away.

Stop talking about Labo you shit. Your gonna summon the underage soyposters

Man this article reeks of greed

>One investor said some companies in the city believe “there is no such thing as too much cash and have no concept of being owned by shareholders”.

Shareholders have absolutely no knowledge of the video game industry. They wanted Nintendo to focus on the mobile industry. Nintendo tried putting their biggest IP on mobile to appease these retards (mario run) and it was a flop. Meanwhile they make money hand over fist with Mario Odyssey, a dedicated console game.

>Implying it's not the white man
The white man was never able to colonise Japan, but now he has found a way.

i highly doubt it, given how shame culture in japan works

I am so sad I haven't any money. Nintendo would have been one of the first companies I would have bought stock in if I won the lottery last year. And I wouldn't give a shit if the board is all male.

Prease make more babies.

Wow fuck these people.
URRR U GOT MONEYYY
REEEE

Threads like this trigger me so much. Splitting stocks mean literally nothing, they just want them to be cheaper so smaller investors can buy them
>muh shareholders
>Nintendo's in house direction
Do you realize that stocks owned by the company itself give you no power at all in the company. They're basically inactive. So if shareholders aren't "in house", who is? The ceo? The shareholders have the right to get rid of the ceo at any moment without reason.

They are developing QoL devices, this was announced in 2014 I believe

Yamauchi would've been pissed at this, and Iwata would've said no instantly.

I don't know about Kimishima.

>There's absolutely 0 reason for a company to have such ludicrous reserves
what are hostile take overs

Raise your hand if you know what splitting stock actually means and aren't just some millennial bitcoin """""economist"""""

They want to hear all about the unimportant minutia of their lives because they all have major voyeuristic tendencies.

That "dumb" wojak isn't dumb at all, he's using his telekinetic powers to eat crayons, the true patrician food.

>buys stock based on if the name sounds cool alone

You obviously don't know about their cabaret bars and compensated dating culture.

>The shareholders have the right to get rid of the ceo at any moment without reason.
yeah, good luck getting a 51% vote, when most of the biggest share holders are among Nintendo emselve

is there any information about nintendo's ownership I can't find anything

>he hasn't seen The Social Network
Pleb.

uh, that's sounds like commie talk, you gotta believe in freedom buddy ;)

i know that, but i don't think that spends enough to devalue 9.4bn dollars in a public (see public) company

Shame culture just means that nothing matters unless you get caught. Nintendo is tightly knit and the board entrenched enough to get away with siphoning their reserves. There's a reason people complain about lack of internal communications.

it's 50% + 1 vote not 51%

>Share holders

NEVER FUCKING EVER!

the SJW and Jews are trying to take Nintendo out.
I'm scared, bros.

i'd believe this if nintendo wasn't so arthouse and their reserves so widely published

>Underage orgy parties at Nintendo with Miyamoto laughing in the background while Aonuma is getting his master sword pulled with the mouth of a cute innocent "hylian" girl and Kimishima asking if now everyone understand.

The stock Market was a mistake. I would love to go back in time and shoot the guy who came up with it so it never happens.

Nintendo didnt do an Stock Split during its high time im Wii Era, what the fuck makes em think they will do it this time?? Specially when is obvious its just shareholders wanting to increase their power within the company

Have you seen the transcripts for Nintendo's shareholder meetings?
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-02-these-are-the-sorts-of-questions-nintendo-gets-asked-by-shareholders
nintendoeverything.com/details-from-nintendos-77th-annual-general-meeting-of-shareholders/

Some of these are straight up "I DON'T OWN VIDEO GAMES OR KNOW WHAT THEY ARE BUT I GAVE YOU MY MONEY AND I WANT YOU TO GET INTO THE HOGDOG BUSINESS" levels of full-retard.

>90% of shareholders are halfwits with more money than brains, and posses next to 0 knowledge of the subject of their investment.
Well then user, if they're so stupid, why is it that they are rich and you are not?

The olympic mascots for Japan are paid for sponsorships. Every single one was bought their position by a corporation, they were not selected by the Japanese Olympic committee beyond them arranging the deal.

Being one of them just means:
>Their owner is incredibly wealthy and seeks to promote the brand associated with them
>The Olympic committee didn't see any pressing reason to say no to the offer
It's not indicative of their global or domestic status beyond them tending to be famous because you have to be to have the money needed to get on the list.

jesus christ
imagine if Valve went public

Is that shareholder retarded or something? It almost sounds like he doesn't even know what is Nintendo's main business.

>why is it that they are rich and you are not?
parents were rich

Pretty impressive yeah.

This is true desu. I used to do the financial calculations of a large 100+ million euro business. The business got taken over by investors. First they fired pretty much the entire management, so the business was steerless and nobody had the knowledge to oversee the entire business anymore. Then they put their friends in charge. Then they drained the business from its money by taking out all kinds of loans. And now its about to go bankrupt.

They're right. Imagine investing into a fashion company and at the meeting they do nothing but talk about colour patterns and their plans to reintroduce bowties. A company exists to earn money for its shareholders. That's how capitalism works.

I AM FORTY AND WHAT ARE VIDEO GAMES? BY THE WAY I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE THAT I MADE A STOCK MARKET DECISION THE SAME WAY A HICK WOULD BUY A LOTTERY TICKET

>retarded babby discovering tendo doesn't actually give a shit about them
b-b-but reggie said....

>nintendo is getting good on that Switch holy shit I need to get in on that
>stupid racist, old-fashioned japs why don't you hold good morals like freedom and transparency of government reeeeee

>he thinks investing is hard
>he thinks shareholders didn't inherit shares or wealth

Sounds like he doesn't give a fuck about vidya and doesn't want to hear about Nintendo's philosophy relating to it or how they design each game. He just wants a rundown on the costs of their production and their sales/revenue potential, plus Iwata to fuck off since he seems to think the company is underperforming.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Its EA the best example of what would happen to a company if the shareholders have all the power?

It's funny how poorfags think that they know more about investments than investors themselves.

You would have to kill the man who came up with stocks to do that, we dont know who did that but the the Roman empire had something similar to stocks.
Yeah we might get episode 3 if they did that.

Littererly the best way to do it. Fuck trying to make sense of markets.

>Is that shareholder retarded or something?
most shareholders are beyond stupid. Unless they're people who work for an investment corp, most of them are people playing the stock market the same way a poor person would buy lottery tickets. These are the people who are actually fueling the stock market.

well, given thant Nintendo been doing great by not listening to Investors. the ball to prove investors Right is on your park

The white man isnt into stocks.
Its purely (((them))) and their henchmen (saudis) and the chink government that run the stock market.

Not him, but the vast majority of shareholders in anything lose almost all of their gains within a few years of starting statistically. They're only rich for a short, fleeting moment until they piss away their savings getting into something they know nothing about.

It's why companies like Enron were able to con so many of them.

if they are dumb, why do they have lots of money?

I understand that, but saying shit like "I don't understand waaa, why is everyone talking about childish things waaa" when discussing regarding that business is important to know the direction of the company, is pretty damn ignorant. Just look at the other shareholder questions and you'll see that many of them realize that certain game announcements or video game market opportunity discussions are important for the discussion. You can't make money without discussing the money machine.

>poorfag masquerading as a wealthy investor, deluding himself that he will one day become a wealthy investor
o i am laffin

The white man is into everything, the white man is in everything.

Oooohhhh.
That explains it. Stockholders not understanding things need time to build up giving up too early.

You got source on that?

he's right though. if a company goes public and looks for public funding then they are obligated to their shareholders. that particular investor is a fucking moron though. you're supposed to invest in what you know

Forgot to add. Before I left they were firing lots of people to lower the costs. While delaying profits to the same year. So they make the business look healthy again and sell it for a nice profit.

I imagine it will collapse under the next owner, as everyone who ran the business is gone.

You mean the eternal anglo?

>giving stockholders increased control
>ever

Don't do it nintendo. You have a duty to make money for your investors but they might as well be screeching baboons when it comes to running a company. The more power shareholders have, the more likely they are to run your company off a cliff for short-term profit.

They don't, or they don't have it for very long:
money.usnews.com/investing/articles/2017-07-14/dual-class-non-voting-stock-how-investors-losing-rights
chicagobusiness.com/article/20160513/ISSUE10/160519923/sears-has-lost-shareholders-much-of-their-investment

The thing about shareholders is that the only ones who make a real killing are the ones who understand the industry they are investing in. The people who pump and dump aren't really profitable unless they form an alliance or are part of a larger investment program.
The biggest winners in the stock markets are the people who are ultimately blue chip investors. These aren't the kinds of people who would invest in a video game company without knowing what video games are in the first place.

No I mean the white man

Inheritance mixed with letting cronies run things for them most of the time.

But the majority of retarded investors are smalltime players who know fuck all about business or investing and just get in on it because they're either cocky or convinced they're lucky.

>obligated to their shareholders
yeah and this is what causes the downfall of society as we know it
we're lucky nintendo is basically a privately owned corporation

>"I do not understand [thing i'm investing in}"
Jesus fucking Christ, then why'd he even invest in it?

>yeah and this is what causes the downfall of society as we know it
nigga public companies have existed for centuries

You didn't answer my question. If it's so easy and they're so stupid, why are you not using your incredible smarts to make a killing investing?

>Management = Developers = Shareholders

It's make or break, giving them more power could mean better things for Nintendo or Pachinko. Knowing Japan its most probably more Pachinko and Gatcha shit.

(in the absence of proper government regulation where companies are discouraged from seeking growth while ignoring any and all negative externalities)

>Nintendo is Japan’s richest company

Okay I checked their last year's financial report and seems like 45% of their shares are owned by "foreign institutions" which doesn't sound like a part of nintendo to me at least.

Shareholders don't get to call policy.

it's not easy, you faggot, but it's harder than the shareholders who inherit money or luck into a boom think it is

Is japan communist? Because it sure looks like..

tendo is garbage and public companies are good for the economy. it moves money around

Lol yes they literally do.

i wonder (((who))) could be behind this post

No they don't.

u wot

Only if they collectively represent a controlling share in the company, otherwise they can mainly fuck off.

this mostly happens when companies are bought by big invenstment funds
when companies are owned by small investors none of them has much power

dev!

a bang from the Past, 10 years ago

seekingalpha.com/article/40006-nintendo-stock-split-not-expected-until-2009

>annual shareholder meeting was last Thursday. The big question on everyone's mind was whether Nintendo has plans to split its shares, or at least lower its 100 share minimum trading unit.
>Unfortunately for retail investors, there will not be a share split and/or reduced trading unit, until the second-half of 2009, at the earliest.

and at the end they did not split and the entry level still at 100 units (stocks)

They do if they hold a majority and agree on it. But it seems they don't.

it's almost as if this was the implied topic of discussion

Shareholders are always in control. Sorry but the big man in the office has little to no power if shareholders start making demands.

That is why companies like Valve decide to go private. They lose the financial support they would usually have if went public, but the company is always in control on both company decision and financial gains

Shareholders literally own the company, you realize that right? Some decisions like changing company policy might take more than 50%+1 votes but they can do pretty much whatever as long as it's not illegal

When you study things like finance you get a lot of financial theories thrown at you. And if you just apply them you should theoretically make a profit.

That's also why you see EA trying to fit games into tighter deadlines, have ridiculous DLC plans, kill off beloved franchises if they underperform compared to another franchise, put mass effect on a B team and so on. They are just trying to maximize their profit regardless of the product.

While people who build businesses from the ground up know how things work in real life.

Economically I think I would be beneficial for the company to do it. As a consumer of Nintendo things I don't want them to do it. Nintendo thank has been somewhat resistant to some of the worst anti-consumer practices plaguing the industry. That will go away if they split their stock. On the other hand it could be better but this seems extremely unlikely. Investors will want to resurrect dead Nintendo IPs and create new products.

>It moves money around
Which has nothing to do with quality assurance of the media. A capitalist who believes the system is perfect is just a rich commie.

Just keep 51 or 67% of shares private.

Investors can invest, but they get no say in how the company operates.

Ah yes. Jew. My greatest nemesis.

I never understood why Nintendo fanboys are so concerned with the finances of a company.

Konichiwa Boku no Shlomo-san

We must invest into more lootbox moto moto hayai hayai!

>he doesn't own any property that gives him passive income every month
Fuck off, poorfag

Give money to the government. We demand it. There is no legal reason why you should, no fiscal obligation, we just want you to give more money because we said so, we are the government. Your money is everybody's money

Even majority shareholders don't get to control the daily business of a company. Shareholders get to vote to elect board director, mergers/splits, and on actions that affect how the company is organized. They can obviously influence how the board is going to run the show, but shareholders don't run things themselves and no business where shareholders vote on how the business is run will survive more than one meeting.

>property investment
>investment
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

actually, low iq friend, it's everyone else who is. NINTENDOOMED stupidity has been going for 30 years

more money than brains

>Shareholders literally own the company, you realize that right? Some decisions like changing company policy might take more than 50%+1 votes but they can do pretty much whatever as long as it's not illegal
Please go back to your 2L Corporate Law class before you say anything so dumb. Oh, what's that? You have literally no education regarding corporate structure? I figured.

buying property and renting it is the best way for most people to get rich

>Euro pretending Sony Always Wins shitposting isn't a rampant problem.

>They are just trying to maximize their profit regardless of the product
if their games sell well how can you argue they're making "bad games"? they're just not marketed at hardcore gamers

>just elect a board director who you are very obviously in cahoots with
>the board director controls the daily business of a country by extension of chains of power and command
>wow it's almost as if shareholders control the daily business of the company

>Shareholders get to vote to elect board director
yes, and that is the problem, if a current CEO or board gives em the middle finger, Share holders just vote to put in one/ some that will bend over to em

indeed it is. but he seems to think that makes him an expert on corporate investment.

But they can kicked out BoD if they feel like.
Stock split hardly matter anyway, who give a shit. If any it give more liquidity to the stock. Absolute state of Cred Forums.

>no response
Jewlarper btfo

From an economic standpoint they might not be bad games.
But from a player or reviewers standpoint they could be.

And as gaming is mostly about the experience, in my opinion, I think the second way of looking at it wins out.

>he expects Cred Forums to know /biz/
honestly dude what did you even expect?

>and that is the problem
why wouldn't people who own the company be allowed to decide who's in charge? the world isn't here to pander to vidya autists

I've not seen a single person say Nintendoomed ITT, nor did the OP start that way. What the fuck are you talking about?

Again, I'll never understand why Nintendo fans are so emotionally invested in the finances of a corporation. You don't benefit from it at all, and they do NOT give a single fuck about you. Are you retarded?

>b-but Sony
Nice deflection, but they're just as dumb. I mostly see it from Nintendo fans though.

>Fastest selling console
That's PS4

>lol they don't control
>They just get allowed to employ higher management that will suck their dick
Woooooow. It's almost like you're being pretentious.

I'm not a fan of Nintendo's business decisions but every so often they stumble over and hit their knee on success which saves them from the near ruination they were just facing, time and time again.
But the only thing that publicly shared entities do is give money to patient people from the impatient people.
They serve as parasites to their host nation, sucking them dry and giving little in return. All the while they strip the company down to its core (streamlining), and focusing solely on increasing share price and nothing else.

>Jan 2014 Nintendo buys back 125 billion yen of their own stock
>share price up 300% since then
>nintendo made 2.5 billion dollars doing literally nothing
Look at how much 250 billion yen is, even for Nintendo. Do you finally understand?

Especially as many franchises of EA rely on brand loyalty it's not a good idea to make bad games.

My fucking sides

Any investments in Russia except property investments are literally throwing money away. There is no stable business at all and property price multiplies x2 every 4-6 years. You can literally do no wrong when you invest in property

>the company produces a product i like
>are they doing well financially?
>yes
>this means they will keep producing products i like
>dude you don't even benefit lmao nintenbros lmao
what the fuck am i reading

>it's not easy
Then they obviously aren't stupid if they're becoming and staying rich through investments.

Your post does not address my question in the slightest. Methinks you like to talk shit but try to deflect when called out.

I will ask you one final time: if it's so easy and they're so stupid, why are you not rich? Fail to answer this simple question again and you'll proving that all opinions you have on this subject are to be dismissed and ignored.

If you know how to become rich somewhere you know how to become rich everywhete

yeah but most of the people who actually play videogames aren't writing reviews or getting angry at devs on online imageboards.
if their games sell well it means a lot of people like them, regardless of vocal minorities on the internet

here is something fun, many people agree to Sony major Boost is cause of PSN, as PS+ is basically free money and anything sold via PSN (games, music, movies) counts towards the GAMES NETWORK AND SERVICES fraction of the company

engadget.com/2018/01/04/nintendo-switch-fastest-us-selling-console/
Apologize right fucking now.

>And as gaming is mostly about the experience, in my opinion, I think the second way of looking at it wins out.
As video games are a business, the first way wins out every single time. Your bullshit platitude is irrelevant.

>he thinks stockholders stay rich
you can also be a retard and still manage to invest in the right things for the completely wrong reasons, dipshit.
bottom line is they had that money to begin with, self made investors are a fucking joke

cause then we get EA

and Share Holder dont "own the company" unless you can band enough of em together

I wasn't the one who said they were stupid. But I do believe they usually have no knowledge about the gaming business and their influence is often detrimental to the final product.

And this is why you will always live your life without ever creating anything of value and beauty. Keep praying to the golden pig.

Cred Forums has a healthy pool of wojaks and even pink wojaks, I don't see any issue here

nigga that pic is operating income of the games division not the stock price

Not if a business has no shareholders. Lost of devs just make games they would enjoy. And those games are the franchise starters.

>the year is 2040
>every game is filled to the brim with psychological targeting, microtransactions out the ass designed to squeeze as much profit out of consumers as possible
>this is also true for every other media platform
>LOOOOOOL ITS JUST A BUSINESS WHAT MAKES MONEY IS ALWAYS RIGHT

>emotionally invested in the finances of a corporation. You don't benefit from it at all,
We get to play more of their games without the threat they'll implode from bad management and quick profit schemes? It's not like Sony, it's their only major business if they fuck up so they're dead if it gets to that point.
>I mostly see it from Nintendo fans though.
>But Sony!
Make up your fucking mind shithead. You just admitted you just wanted to whine about Nintendo fans only on a general problem.

It was more of "I know nothing about video games and have no interest in them, why do you keep talking about video games? Aren't you a business?" and it was Miyamoto who basically told him to sit the fuck down, not Iwata.

>being this retarded
>missing the point this hard
I expected nothing more from mouthbreathing fanboys. Carry on with your circlejerk.

>Nintendo fans are so emotionally invested in the finances of a corporation. You don't benefit from it at all, and they do NOT give a single fuck about you
final (you) for you, boy

They hire people to keep them rich with their daddy's money.

Yes it's almost as if the graph is there to show how much 250 billion yen is in comparison to their normal operating income.

PS4 little advantage on 1st year world wide is due to Nintendo having sotck problems and some parts of Europe, but when it comes to USA, Switch sales trend went over PS4

Where did these SO(n)Ygers show up??

Reminder that last Nintendo stockholder meeting people were asking them to get into the construction business because it's booming at the moment, and to hire more women because that's popular at the moment, and asking why they are still making consoles when phones exist.

He probably stare at them and quietly give them the middle finger.

>asking them to get into the construction business
Say no more senpai...

>yfw that shareholder is in this thread right now

kekked out loud, I would love if this was created because of that retarded question.

>Not if a business has no shareholders.
You don't really understand how businesses work, do you? Protip: even privately-owned companies have to make a profit.

Consumers choose the business practices they want, and as a result they get the business practices they deserve. Trying to appeal to emotion is fruitless here.

I'm bad at stocks. Does the company profit if the prize of their stocks go up and people start trading them around? Or did they only profit the first time the stock were sold?

I don't know what to expect actually. That ft article doesn't really help either. It's like it's pushing narrative about ninty need reform (aka get more womyn in BoD) and broaden its shareholder. Broaden =/= increase outstanding stock.
>more liquidity
>japs retail all over it
>the price shot up
>we got more sonywojack turned pink
To the moon

>I will ask you one final time: if it's so easy and they're so stupid, why are you not rich?
Not him, but there's two or three reasons depending on how you look at it.

First, compound nature of increasing wealth. If you invest $100 and get a 10% increase, you earn $10. If you invest $1mil, you get $100k. In other words, if you're already rich, it's easier for you to get richer. Related to this is the fact that you only need so much money to live comfortably; everything beyond that is just more money for you to play with. The rich spend far, far less of a percentage of their wealth on themselves, even if they spend more in actual dollars.
Second, computer programs. When you think of Wall Street and stock exchanges, you probably think of loud crowded places with a bunch of brokers and other financial agents hustling and bustling. But in reality it's actually very quiet because almost all of the trading is just done by computers now. You don't need to be smart to be rich, just hire someone with a smart trading program and let the money pour in.
Third and final reason, the economy as a whole is performing well for rich people. This is the reason why #2 works. When the rising tide is floating all boats, nobody needs to actually be competitive to succeed. Hell, Warren Buffet even proved that investors have no clue what they're doing by betting the S&P 500 could outperform all of them, and he won. So no, the idea that rich people are smart is full of shit because it's very easy to be stupid and rich if you were rich to begin with as proven by Trump.

I own a business and I studied finance. I don't sell shit I wouldn't use.
Although the numbers sometimes correct my assumptions and sometimes comprises are required.
Offering a high quality product is important if you want to guarantee the continuity of your business.

>Not if a business has no shareholders
you realize someone has to own the shares?

>This man is still somehow running this company that is doing exceedingly well under his thumb, how can this be happening?! My Jew instincts tell me only companies that focus on profits over refining what made them successful can operate in this day and age!

Hitler was right.

*compromises

only when the company initially sells them.

>It seems you do not understand.
>Iwata asked you nicely.
>I will make you understand.

no, but if the stock prices are high they can issue new stocks at that price
also, it's not technically a "profit" they're making

That would be great because that would show they know what the fuck they are doing.

i mean. you assume ninty stock would be eaten up before any real liquidity happens, and most people with stock in N don't like giving it up quickly. it's literally giving up free money.

Nope, it has been growing thanks to based Abe san

I honestly believe that company stocks should only be owned by staff and closely related family members. I know my company allows staff members to opt into a share-save scheme every year where you purchase stocks and in 3-5 years time you can sell those stocks as a sort of ez ISA.

Desu. He would just have the Yakuza kill them all.

But neither is making good games. From what we can see, mediocre games with huge marketing is where it's at.

>I honestly believe that company stocks should only be owned by staff and closely related family members
this isn't just possible for big companies like nintendo

So you give up parts of your power forever for a short term gain?
But that also means giving up even more of the company?

If only papa stalin was still around, amiright?

That's the game that publicly traded companies play. Going public means more money which means more you can do but less control.

So this means Nintendo will go full on Jew?

I cant wait for in Mario games where you have to pay a dollar to hit a yellow "?" lootbox for powerups

>All these fags hating on capitalism ITT

Feel free to leave for Venezuela anytime

Selling stocks is basically selling a part of your business to strangers. And those strangers are probably suits that see you make a nice profit. And want to at least see you increase your profit with a couple percent every year, to make it worth their time.

nah, it just showed everyone how low your iq truly is.

Yes, EA and Activision are the prime examples what happens when you bend over for the shareholders

>buys your shares
>goes private

issuing new stocks means increasing the company's capital, it's a mean of funding, it's not about getting a short term gain, since the overcharge on shares nominal price can't even be distributed as a dividend (at least in my country)

>issuing new stocks means increasing the company's capital
but a Shares Split is not issuing new stocks. it just reduce the stock prices without affecting the company price overall

also it does is lower the entry level for new investors

Discussing the flaws of a system is the greatest way to improve it. If you seriously believe capitalism has no flaws, you're retarded.
I'm not saying that communism or socialism is better, but capitalism is by no means perfect

>t. burger flipper

The system is perfect as long as you have a triple digit IQ.

Study a little economics and try again user

>the system is perfect

>capitalism is a system and not a lack of a system

>saving anime pictures on your computer

Some of those questions are sensible though, like the one about shirts which is basically just a specific example of asking about their resistance to merchandise.
I wonder about that a lot myself, the same way I wonder why so many western devs are so fucking resistant to design work books and soundtracks.

Where did you get this idea mate? Read Marx

Isn't their share price like, $50? That is beyond most retail investors?

>Read Marx
Been there. Not worth it.

I know fuckall about economy. Can a company go back to being private after going public?

Pretty sure the ps4 sold more. Definetly have more worldwide in first year. Also look at competition. Switch had no competition at all. In fact Nintendo consoles usually don't have competition anymore.

Generally I'd agree that the company itself is better suited to running itself because it will at least bend the time horizon for profit longer, whereas like some noted shareholder value tends to look towards quickest profit possible, but that would kill the point of equity. You issue it to raise capital with a different risk profile to debt. Equity is easier because you don't HAVE TO even compensate your investors. You don't have to do buybacks, you don't have to issue dividends. You can always say you will in the future because you are looking to growth right now. But that makes equity basically free money compared to debt, aside from the whole headache of going public and making your offering.

>I know fuckall about economy. Can a company go back to being private after going public?
yes, but it takes a shit load of money

investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/public-companies-privatize-go-private.asp

>he drinks the shitposter koolaid and believes every word
No surprise this place is so cancer.

>(((investor))):"ou vey why don't you like being controlled by us you filthy goym? It's like another shoa!

Jesus fucking Christ

They could buyback all of their stock, but that would be difficult for a lot of companies.

>he claims he read Marx
Lol

most companies that go private is cause an outsider company basically buy em and takes a giant loan (billions USD) of a bank to make it possible

Why are burger flippers so fucking retarded?
Glad i don't tip anymore

>9,4 billion nest egg
That's some Scrooge McDuck bullshit right there

(((Shareholders))) are the cancer killing every industry

Yes

You should see Apple's dragon pile of dollars.

THIS COMPANY IT'S MAKING BILLIONS! THIS CAN'T CONTINUE. MORE WOMEN!

Let it be known for the archive I don't believe you user

I don't mind. You can believe whatever you want.

MS has about 100B to toss around. And they will, since papa Trump tax cuts are perfect to do acquisitions. Nintendo is extremely healthy and profitable, but it's still VERY far from the true giants like Apple, MS, google and Amazon

this is literally rich white European Jews smelling money and wanting more, they tried this with Yamauichi, he told them to fuck off, they tried this with Iwata, he asked them to please understand and kindly fuck off, Kimishima is a literal Yakuza lieutenant so he might actually have some people killed if they try anything

>nintendo is not as big as the companies that literally define your technological experience
no dude im surprised

>Kimishima is a literal Yakuza lieutenant so he might actually have some people killed if they try anything
God bless organised crime having more integrity than Jews.

The jew fear the samurai

You have no idea what a stock split actually does, do you?

Depends on what kind of shares they are holding.

Because he has no idea how the stock market works and just wants to stir up shit.

Brainlet, nothing short of shitting in the woods and picking berries qualifies as a lack of a system. Unless you think you can go to a bank and acquire someone else's property without the system enforcing their right to exclusive ownership of that property.

>When did Nintendo overtake Toyota?

a decade ago

No they did have a recent government sanctioned inflation thing, but that's about it.

>But despite presenting itself as the ultimate family-friendly company with a commitment to diversity, the creator of Mario, Princess Peach and Donkey Kong has yet to break its tradition of an all-male board.

How do I know some long-nosed hands-clasped person did this?

>kimishima: shut the fuck up faggot

>There is no legal reason why you should
Then it's not communist, fucking dumbass

> all male-board
> makes a metric shitton of money

I don't see a problem with that. And there's no chance in hell the Yakuza is going to let some dumb broads join the board.

Corporate governance in Japan is notoriously bad by Western standards. The Japanese economy is dominated by a series of holding companies called Keiretsu. Through interlocking ownership and directorship, management of the holding company is able to exert majority control over the companies it invests in; often to the detriment of minority shareholders.

Prior to WWII, the system was called Zaibatsu. The US began dismantling this system after the war but stopped in order to reindustrialize the country and prevent communism from taking root. Major conglomerate that survived to today include Sumitomo, Mitsui, Mitsubishi, and Yasuda

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627qa/02.html
Read question nine from the 2014 shareholder's meeting.

Why wouldn't they? Splitting stock increases value because shares are now more affordable, it also shows that the company has enjoyed continuous growth. As long as you don't split into nothingness you'll be fine.

I bought a few Amazon shares but at $1300 per share it was a heavy gamble, splitting would have it moon though.

>check out stock trading
>EA conference call happens
>EA says they fucked up everything and didn't meet expectations
>Mass Effect and Battlefront were flops
>shareholders respond to this by buying more stock and EA's stock value goes up

I don't understand, why are they being rewarded for failure

> I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo’s shareholders’ meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as “what the future of video games should be,” while I, for one, was flabbergasted that Mr. Iwata continues to hold his position although he had said that he would resign if the company’s performance were bad*.
I hope that Nintendo’s shareholders’ meeting will become an opportunity where the shareholders discuss the company’s business operations from the viewpoints of capital gain and dividends.
> * Regarding this part of the shareholder’s comment, please read the Q&A from the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders that Nintendo held in June 2013.

Yeah, and if they have a good fucking plan to reintroduce bowties to popular fashion and a way to CAPITALIZE on said new trend then who the fuck am I to bitch about their plan to make money by creating a good product.

Fucking this. Any company that has structured itself so that more than 40% of shares are owned by the public is basically shooting themselves in the foot for very short-term gains in the monopoly money economy.

cause they still own FIFA brand in games

Archive son, do you not know the rules?

I can sense some heavy passive aggression coming from their response. I also like how Takeda essentially says “wow, what an insightful question!” then immediately passes the response on to someone else

Because EA's the only publicly traded video game company to see real movement. Drops are good, it allows people to jump in. From December 1th to February 1 EA saw 25% of growth, if you invested $10K and you dumped at peak you just made $2500 sitting on your ass in 2 months.

I bought in at $117 when the DOW crashed but EA isn't a pump and dump, their aggressive stance on micro-transactions have the potential send their shares soaring.

I'm holding.

The skill curve to trading stocks is like the skill curve to TF2.

It's accessible enough where any retard can pick it up and, for a brief moment when the stars align, somebody who has no idea what he's doing can pull results. Thats why so many investors spout nonsense like how the playing in the market is about taking risks; people only listen to the investors who find success, but chances are he really is just somebody who took a stupid, irresponsible risk and got lucky. For everyone like him there are 1000 more who lost money.

>One investor said some companies in the city believe "there is no such thing as too much cash and have no concept of being owned by shareholders."
Based fucking Kyoto.

this
and CDPR went public
they're done for

Except in order to install higher management, they would have to have 51% of the collective ownership of the company vote on it.
So that would be predicated on at least 51% of the stock of the company being available for the public

I fucking love Kimishima. Based Yakuzaman.

>we already subverted star wars and comic books and made them about regressive political agendas
>time to do the same for mario and zelda
what's next after that? after star wars and nintendo, what's the third most important thing for soyboys?

>1989

Wh-what?

>MAKE YOUR SHARES PUBLIC FOR NO REASON SO WE CAN MAKE MORE MONEY AND YOU LOSE MONEY
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Why are Jews so stupid?

>eurofags love sony
>amerifats love nintendo
>both are jap companies
how do we stop the weebs

Except this is wrong, it's not gambling since there are pattern and guaranteed outcomes.

Try this, /biz/'s buy of the day when the neckbeard shot up a school was Big 5 Sporting Goods and Smith & Wesson. Since the leftists use every school shooting to try to ban guns their shares soared 5-6% in a single day so here's what they did.

Bought when the market opened and sold at 4pm. You just instantly made 5% in a day with 0 risk.

Want to make a shit load of money? The Canadians are legalizing recreational marijuana this summer, bought into the largest Canadian weed ETF and saw 12% gains in a single weekend. I could sell right now and pull out a few thousands in profits but I'm holding this one long term.

It's not hard, you're just afraid of taking the first step.

Well first of all, your comment applies mostly to America, as they understandably have more merchandising and such in Japan. To your point, in the late ‘80s Nintendo did do more IP licensing and got burned pretty bad (remember CD-i Zelda and the Mario movie? Fuck, even the cartoon show). Since then they decided to keep a really tight leash on letting any place use their branding. Only recently have they been exploring a bit but even now, heavy quality control is their priority

Spotted the Americans.
Newsflash, retards: just because someone is rich, doesn't mean tgey are smart and they actually worked hard.
This is a myth your culture tries to make you believe, but you should have realized by now that it is false.

Funko pops or indie music I guess

UNLESS, you a zombie.

Organized crime usually plans long term.
Jews usually dont.

I hope this keeps up.

>Pretty much why Sony cinematic universes rarely get more than 1 movie
Uncharted got 4 tho

Shareholders already invested in the company, they don't want to see it fall because they would lose a lot of money. They won't do something bad for the company unless they do it out their own stupidity or as a form of protest.

They do and the best example I could say is look at Disney when Roy Jr was still alive. He had 0 shares but could still control the majority of the shares since everyone listened to him and not Disney Co.

Right, but to earn money in a given industry, you would presumably want to know what is populat and profitable within that industry.
From a business perspective, you can discuss what's the most cost effective way of pursuing those industry trends and company directions but there still needs to be some sense that you're working within the industry that the company resides.
If its purely profit you're talking about, Nintendo should stop being a game company altogether and reform itself into an AI company like those in China and Silicon Valley. They should just switch over to a more profitable industry altogether.

They don't do that because they're more well equipped in personnel and assets to make games, so to maximize profit, they have to discuss what would sell well as a game

>Pretty sure ps4 sold more
Source: your ass
>Switch had no competition

What is PS4 and Xbone?

Can someone be this retarded actually? Or did I fall for le epic bait?

Organized crime depends on the communities that hide their shady activities and they usually own a lot of legal businesses as well. They need to have integrity, their survival depends on it.
Ruthless corporate jews or whatever you want to call them will lobby for laws that makes their shady shit nice and legal, they have no need for regular folk.
Organized crime always flurishes when the """"""legitimate"""""" goverment is fucking the people.

lol imagine if this was true, all the companies and rich people would leave japan in droves thus killing their economy.

good fucking lord the journalist who wrote that and anyone who thinks that way unironically has to kill themselves

the very epitome of western cancer

Why the fuck didn't I buy Nintendo shares two years ago?

or even 1 year ago when the Switch launched and was obviously going to Wii all over again.

Still, my personal contrarian indicator for timing the top of the whole stocks market is Nintendo. I expect things to still go up for a few months, then exponentially, then 2008 all over again.

Hey, mr obsessed: everyone on planet earth knows this.

Except for Africans. They believe in magic and shit.

>t.yakuza
Fuck off kiryu

>Stock splits are good 99% of the time. Why the fuck are you bitching?
only for share holders

So are we talking about (((((shareholders)))))) or just the yakuza

Yakuza are the bad goym this time.

Damn user, with your long-term foresight and sustainable monetary growth, I'm sure you're a billionaire now. Show us pics of your Lamborghini.

proof?

fuck off Scholmo

Have they been checked?

>Its so easy to make money guys!
>But you need to have a lot of money first though.
Thanks for nothing.

I think they've been doing that for close to two decades now.

>I WANNA BE SEDATED BY THE GAMEBOY

>taking financial advice from a NEET
Ayy

SONY ALWAYS WIN BABY

I can't wait to play bayoneta 3 in my PS4

>but even now, heavy quality control is their priority
if the terrible merchandise they've put putting out for the past two decades is their idea of quality control then they're fucking failing

holy shit threads like this make me realize how underage most of Cred Forums is... spliting shares only means shares are half the price and people who already have some will have twice as much. It changes nothing besides making the shares more accessible for small investors. So unless there is something else to the article not being discussed you are all fucking retarded.

Capitalism was a mistake

>Nintendo is Japan's richest company

I don't believe for one second that Nintendo is richer than Sony.

The problem is that Americans have double-digit IQ

as on War chest, they are.

>making the shares more accessible for small investors
This is the key. 46,790 yen x 100 shares / 106.56 yen to the dollar = $43,909 for the average person to buy 100 shares of Nintendo. The company doesn't want to deal with the demands of common retail investors.

Yeah, if we're talking net assets, Sony is worth 17 trillion yen and Nintendo is worth 1.5 trillion yen

Shareholders are just people with money that have the attitude of niggers.

What does shareholder cum taste like user?

Stocks splits are done to make the share price more attractive to retail investors and give the stock more liquidity.

>sony's market cap is 10 trillion yen lower than their net asset worth
>nintendo's market cap is 5 trillion yen higher than their net asset worth
Something doesn't seem right here.

I hope this happens. I want to see Nintendo and Nintendo fans btfo

If the person injecting money has no concept of what he's doing and wants to hinder the company and product because he's looking for short term that's a problem of the person, not the system.

>Making fuck tons of money
>No women in the board
Huh...really makes you think....

Yeah we all remember when Nintendo said they would never make mobile games or charge for online.

What's the market cap?

Post proof.

bomb the stock exchange

>Nintendo: 6.63T
>Sony: 6.71T

anime?

It's how it should work because most shareholders are rabid dogs who don't research the companies or industries they throw money at. Remember how they were throwing money at Nintendo because of Pokemon GO until Nintendo themselves said that they don't make much money from it? That was common sense since the profit made from that game would have to be split betwee Apple, Niantric, and The Pokemon Company International with Nintendo only seeing a small profit made from TCPI's piece because they own a stake of TCPI.

>they would never
they have never said never, they said is not into priorities or would make it worth.

>3rd best selling console of all time, just behind the Wii and PS4
Well shit dude, what do you think?

I dunno man...I guess Sony has less of its total ownership

The article says you have to buy 100 shares minimum. I don't know what it was at then, but right now that's over $400,000 USD.

(Don't.) In public stocks whereas Nintendo has more? But the numbers still don't add up

>nintendo is making money like mad on video games
>One investor thinks they should drop video games and do something else, doesn't understand why they would want to make the games good either
Just because you have money that does not mean you are intelligent and understand what you're investing in.

How massive would Nintendo and it's money be if they were a US company with the same % GDP?
GE? Exxon? Are those even as big?

are you living under a rock?

He's living under a pile of shit.

i learned something, thanks user

Tell that to 2008.

it's not kotaku so my trip to flavortown continues faggotron

This
Investors like these (and the lack of pushback from publishers) is why you get shit like microtransactions and loot box bullshit.
Publicly traded companies were a mistake

>Cryptocurrency is a mistake

So, Cred Forums, I want to buy some shares so I have money coming in when I'm retired in about 40 years. Which ones should I get? Utilities, right?

Sure thing! Us Foreigners got you covered.

I wonder how fucked Nintendo would be if they didn't buy back the Yamauchi family shares?

I fucking hate the whole idea that if you are not spending every single cent you own somehow you are stupid, is so American.

>Asking Cred Forums for advice on where to invest
You need to do research. You need to study companies and try to predict if they'll be successful with their products. Have fun.

Oh boy! I for one can't wait until Slowtaku shit out an article at how problematic Nintendo is.

>All male board
Yep, they're going to cry about it alright.

I won't deny that but you have to admit it takes a lot of good will from the government / prime minister for Nintendo to be even able to do what they did, making the fucking leader of the country come out of a pipe wearing a Mario hat.

>just saw it
Holy shit.

>hurr durr bought their fame

fucking lmao stay mad poorfag

Don't forget, possibly the oldest company in Japan too. They've been around since 1890 or so. Nintendo is a cultural icon of that country.

Archive link, since this is subscription only:

archive.is/lsIb4

>all-male board
Who gives a shit if the company is doing well?

That's what he said at the start, dude.

Yes this is called a hostile takeover

>possibly the oldest company in Japan too
Not even close. There's a hotel (Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan) in Japan that has been operated since 705.
>It has been continuously operated by 52 generations of the same family (including adopted heirs) for over 1,300 years
Holy fuck.

Yeah, stockholders might be stupid and not get the concept of long term planning, but I doubt any of them are pushing for "diversity" if it doesn't make them money.
So, presumably the editorial board of the Financial Times cares. Almost as if they have an agenda to push.

>705
Holy shit.
>52 generations of the same family
HOLY SHIT MAN

As cool as Korea's modernization is, there's something about Japan's true traditionalism that you just can never get in the US or Europe anymore.

>he doesn't know what a hostile takeover is

Nintendo is fucked lad.

I remember a couple years back they bought some of their stock during the WiiU years in order to strengthen the remaining public stock. Smart move but no one can ever predict what's to come next for a company

Yeah, the five oldest companies of the world are Japanese, although the oldest (a fucking construction company that's in operation since 578) got absorbed by another company in 2006.

>korea straight
Nice try gook

>since 578
Did they even have a concept of a Company back then? Jesus Christ that's amazing

>a split literally means multiply the amount of shares and divide the price by that number
>somehow this should affect governance at all
I thought /biz/ was the most retarded board in Cred Forums, but even those idiots managed to double lap Cred Forums. Congrats, you unlocked a new achievement.

Dumbass

What's worse is that these kind of investors sour people on the stock market (the antifa types), disregarding these people are parasites making their money off of fractions of percentages of who gets the real money; university and charitable endowments, individual retirement accounts, public pensions, etc.

They just don't care. To them what the company does or makes is pointless as long as it leads to good returns. They'd invest in a company that rapes their daughters if it brought them good quarterly dividends.

>There's absolutely 0 reason for a company to have such ludicrous reserves.
Idiot

>just because someone is rich, doesn't mean tgey are smart and they actually worked hard.
It does though

How do people this clinically retarded get into such positions.

Bitch please, economy is emotion based, there are law of physics but in terms of economy there are just "laws" with many " in between, you can look at how the belief in hell affect economic growth
archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2009/11/15/the_curious_economic_effects_of_religion/

American Government did not even try to get into the logic of the market until the great crash of 29, that's when GDP became something and the economy switched toward Liberal-Capitalism.

Is not Capitalism.

You're either underage or incredibly naive if you actually think this.

>kid has parents who set up a trust fund for them
>that kid must be smart to have so much money

Inheritance and systems that makes it easier to make and keep money based on how much you already have.

Kill yourself

Accurate

...when compared to all-female boards.

That’s the pickle Nintendo has been in with the investors

They keep asking for more and just want whatever is profitable

This is why it’s important to by your own shares instead of leaving it to investors

Shareholders are killing the medium though, their demands for X% growth annually is what is pushing most of the unsavory business practices from the past ten years, in addition to the publishers greed

>somehow this should affect governance

user pls.
Pls don't,
Just stop and reread the thread

Miyamoto can be pretty based sometimes, even if he tries too hard to “innovate”.

>Yet to break their tradition of an all male board

Nah I’m good, I’ll just stick to Treehouse and Audrey’s tits

heh

Majority of Miyamoto’s ideas are thrown into the mix for something better, it’s at times when he really needs to sell themselves that it tends to be a problem, specifically Star Fox Zero and needing to justify the gamepad despite Splatoon’s gyro controls being infinitely better

It's like social poison in the "le nerdy" crowd to bitch about Nintendo; all the gaymurrs love them, and anyone who bashes them over SJW shit gets promptly ignored.
I remembered that one of those sites tried to cause outrage over ARMS because of a black character that attacked with her hair, that went under quick.

not even by a long shot.

They only mean that in terms of cash on hand

Yeah you’re right in a sense, but the company don’t have to create loot boxes to appease shareholders. They should aim to be sustainable for the long term by making good gains, and promote their shares for investment to the kinds of shareholders whose views are aligned to theirs.

Berkshire Hathaway do exactly this

This

literally 100% this.
you don't need to be smart to be rich, just lucky.

What the hell do shareholders do to contribute society? What good have they done to ANY industry?

A lot. Businesses are financed with share capital in part, or started up with it, and shareholders participate in the success or failure of a company that provides entertainment or goods or services etc.

The fact that game company shareholders elect cunts who promote shitty practices is partly the fault of the directors for ever choosing to float companies publically.

Nothing, they only fund companies and then try to steer the direction of the company to make more money for them in the short term. They're a necessary evil that companies need to learn to control and exploit.

You gave him an answer and he finally shuts the fuck up. Good work user.

The one that asked why the fuck aren't they licensing their brand for clothes is absolutely right
>Sell official Mario hats
>Make a shit ton of money
>It doesn't devalue their games at all

But they do license their brand for clothing, quite a bit.

Can a business become successful without the contamination of share holders? They seem like a disease that’s prevalent amongst our society.

The majority of shareholders don't own the majority of shares

no wonder the nips can't into modernization

Wrong

Nintendo's execs hold a majority, why do you think the cancer that is shareholders are demanding they give up control?

Thank god shareholders aren't in charge, they'd turn Nintendo into EA 2.0 because they only care about short term profits and not long term sustainability.

Stockholders are the dumbest fucking people on the planet, NEVER give them control of anything, lest you pay 2/3rds of your profits to dividends
fucking Games Workshop

Sold more in 9 months than the WiiU did in its entire lifetime so yeah. I think it also beat out the PS4's first 9 months, dunno how it'll go from here forward but the 3DS sold ~60 million total between all of its revisions.

The ones that like to pick up small companies, invest in them and help them grow or finance cool new shit like robots or medicine do a lot
The ones who hide all their money in a company to avoid paying taxes and then forces the company to do short term profits that fucks them long term only so he can take more money than he put in fast and then put it all in another company and rise and repeat do nothing, they are cancer

Yes. Lots of companies work without shareholders. Private companies for example Valve.

Technically no. The huge majority of limited companies are limited by share, so general 1 employee would be the ceo and the sole shareholder. But directors can hold shares and retain a controlling stake in the company in order to not be at the mercy of every private investor.

>This company isn't family friendly because the board is all male
>Same sex couples should be allowed to marry and adopt children

Kinda like cdpr, now everyone wants to invest when they don't need the money

>that last paragraph
leftists out

>That time shareholders were whining and confused as to why Iwata talked about video games so much.

communists everywhere
what's wrong with this place

Sure, come up with a good service that appeals to an uncatered market and then get bullied by google or something like that into selling to them or getting pushed out of the market

>the absolute state of this thread

And I thought /biz/ was retarded

Fuck stockholders. These lowlifes kill entire industries for short term personal profit. They are literally the reason we can't have nice things.

>Usa is the 2nd biggest video game market
user, our sales numbers have blown away Japan for years now. Europe is actually gaining more sales than Japan.

Shareholders are needed for businesses that are young and cannot convince banks or other lenders to give them debt financing. Shareholders are an option because you can't default on dsitributing shares.

See every startup ever. None of them can get the money needed for growth through a loan because they are so small

No . They don t hold the majority

>Nintendo Shareholder Q&A, 2017
>Q1: I feel Japan PM Abe appearing at Rio Olympics closing ceremony with Mario costume affects Mario’s image negatively. Why did he appear?
>A1 via Kimishima: It wasn’t just Mario; the aim was to show Japan’s cultural appeal to world through its companies’ characters therefore we accepted request. It wasn’t Nintendo alone. This has several meanings; received positive remarks from around world.

Seems like Private is the way to go.

If valve went public we’d see nothing but rehashes and half ass games microtransactions up the ass.

this is some ancient shit what website is that from

Which company is making profits right now. A diaper company? Invest in it. What, the product actually has lead paint inside it...will it hurt profits if nobody finds out? Invest in it!

Fuckin saaaved

>major companies with public shareholders to please
>caring about sustainable or long term gains when annual growth is the only thing letting publisher executives keep their jobs

>pay a monthly fee to access steam
>$0.25 every time you download a game
>$0.05 every time you update it
>Sales Pass in order to get the best deals

technically no as to be a company with limited liability, you need shareholders. But you can refuse to put your company on the stock market and keep all the shares for yourself. Is an ass to raise funds without them though.

>I feel that Mario appearing at the Olympics affected Mario's image negatively
Sit the fuck down, sir.

However in hind sight, if Valve went public we might actually see video games from them.

>affects Mario's image negatively
Is this nigger actually retarded? Mario is Japan's Mouse. Holy fuck are their investors literally mouth breathing retards that stumbled into money from their parents?

>nintendo owned the seattle mariners for like 15 years
how did i not know this?

He probably doesn't subscribe to Abe's politics and became butthurt

That means Nintendo could buy Sony at any opportunity.

I'm pretty sure it was just Yamauchi and not Nintendo itself

When the Wii skyrocketed, a bunch of know-nothing investors jumped on the bandwagon. Since they only have to answer a select number of investor questions, I'm certain that they intentionally pick out some of these retarded ones and answer them passive-aggressively just to prove a point.

>People like him have a shit ton of money

Pretty smart on Nintendo's part if they're doing that on purpose. Good way to control these idiots with money.

FUCKING THIS! I REMEMBER WHEN A NINTENDO SHAREHOLDER STRAIGHT UP SAID HE DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT VIDYA AND HATED WHEN EVERYONE TALKED ABOUT IT AND ONLY CARED ABOUT HARDWARE SALES! SHAREHOLDING WAS A FUCKING MISTAKE AAAAAAAKIGHFSKOGHOIGH