youtube.com/watch?v=kD2salaVNzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4VaORfVGok8
youtube.com/watch?v=q7iN1mdFX7E
youtube.com/watch?v=aM8zMfpwdFY
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_de_jeux_Ubisoft
youtube.com/watch?v=TaM2FTwcY30
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kingdom Battle

I unironically enjoyed the rabbids one on the Wii.

The first game.

Legends.

Origins
the 3D ones are garbage don't let anyone tell you otherwise, they are barebones with terrible square-spam 'combat', level design is just okay, nostalgia is one hell of a drug

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

Origins, but you were close. Those Murphy levels make Legends worse.

Eh, Murphy stages are good only if you play them as they were intended to be played: with a friend using a second screen while you move the character.
Anyway, I'd take Murphy's stages all the day over those terrible flying shooting stages from Origins.

The original. Origins is not too far behind.

The very first one

I played the first one as a kid and it was hard, so I didn't get past the music land
I played 3 and kind of liked it
I played 2 years later, and it was really fucking boring, nothing really interesting happens, you just run from level to level with a super basic combat system, I know it's for kids, so I didn't finish it
I played the first rabbids game and didn't get why they did any of it
never played origins or legends
so I guess 3

>never played origins or legends
You better move your ass and play them.

3 > 2 > Origins > 1

Haven't played Legends yet.

Raving Rabbids 1 is a decent game. It's the second and third games that are terrible.

yeah alright I will
I forgot to mention I played the phone one and thought the viking girl was cute, she's in em right?

This
Has anyone even brought up what exactly made it bad?

Rayman 2 on PC.
No question about that.

Because it was just pure comedy and silly shit without anything serious.
Rayman 2 had silly surface but was really dark and edgy the more you chewed on it. It had this mystical aura that 3 completely lacked

She's in Legends, yes.
Barbara's a cute.

>breast jiggle
bless the frogs

2 or 3. I'd say 3. It was really fucking fun.

Rayman Rush

2>3>origins>forever>rest

The Great Escape / Revolution > Hoodlum Havoc > Rayman = Origins > Legends >>>>>>>> Rabbit shit

We doing lists?

Legends>3>Origins> 1>2
Everything else is not worth mentioning.

1>Legends>2>Origins>3

don't really have a valid opinion, but since 1 is the only one I played, I'm going with that. It's a pretty challenging platformer, anyway.

REALLY MAKES ME THINK

1, 2, 3, and Origins/Legends are all great even though they're all very different games. Rayman 3 on the GBA and Rayman M are also decent.

Best music
youtu.be/WtamPZzWmCg

Yeah, I know it's a cover, shut up.
Reminder Legends features licensed music, so Ubisoft could potentially erase the game from all digital stores in any moment.

I think you posted the wrong link there buddy
youtube.com/watch?v=l7YxTljZ6bc

Fine taste.

I just want another 3D Rayman game, I don't care about the 2d platformers.

And you are the center of the universe of course.

Hoodlum Havoc desu

I'm sorry, user.

Should I play Rayman 2 ps2 version or dreamcast version? I'm leaning towards the former because of the new stuff and because I won't have to hook up my dreamcast again.

I keep hearing the DC one is the absolute best one.
But don't ask me, I only played the ps1 one in my life.

Absolute shit taste

That's actually just the racing parts from Rayman M/Arena.

Its just a pretty shallow stage by stage experience.Not bad but nothing amazing

PC

Depends if you want the best version of the original game or a slightly remade version.

1 was a miracle to kid me, i love everything about it, except for the fact that i never got past FUCKING BAND LAND.
2 was basically a completely different game, so comparing the two doesnt really work. 2 had great world building, beautiful environments, cool enemies and a fairly dark story for a kids game.
3 was 2 with added features, equally good environments and enemies, but for some reason not nearly as mystical and enticing as 2.
Didnt play the rest.

Legends has one of my favorite vidya OSTs of all time, honestly. Christophe Héral doesn't get enough praise for the amazing stuff he does.

youtube.com/watch?v=delftvs5Gdo
youtube.com/watch?v=jHUsRiJGsdA
youtube.com/watch?v=fvvB6u5gTAo
youtube.com/watch?v=TOAo7_UqxXs
youtube.com/watch?v=pSva5sZvshI
youtube.com/watch?v=kD2salaVNzQ

Rayman 2 Revolution

Definitely the PS2 Version, if you care about 60 fps, emulate it and use the patch.

>Ingame model of a generic enemy placed in the bg
>Concept art carelessly shopped in on the side
>Laughable attempt to make rayman look tough

Jesus what a shitty cover

Beautiful selection.

Spot on
t.retard

3 > Legends > Origins > Arena > 2 > 1

Fight me fags

>Laughable attempt to make rayman look tough
That describes Rayman 2 in general.

>Fight me fags
But I almost agree with you.

Objective answers here:
Rayman 1 is a balls to the deepest spots on your anus hard classic with absolutely beatiful graphics and music.
Rayman 3 is balls to the walls insane and has you always second guessing wtf happens next. It also has one of the most underrated OSTs. R3 is a hidden gem.
Origins and Legends are "ok".
Rest is bit of shitty.

Is this what assmad Rayman 1 fags really think?

>Origins
>OK
The shoot'em up sections aren't great, but you're really selling the game extremely short.

Well ok, Origins is great and Legends is ok?
How about now?

Does the code work if you use it on a PS3? I don't know if it would work well

I can accept this opinion.

Every time people praise 2 they pretend it is some kind of deep, magical and so dark and deep game.

Except they are about the same and Legends even includes Origins stages to begin with.
Inb4 "they moved that enemy two pixels ahead hence the stages are worse".

t. fly flying around a dog turd

>mfw all the cut content from Origins
I'll never not be upset

1 > 2 > 3 = Origins > Legends

They removed cutscenes, they were better than Legends so you still just kind of want Origins.

>neck
shit image

Whats your ranking then, bitchboi?

>Story was totally cut
>Characters gone
>Skins were reduced

At least we got nymphs

The first game.That final boss/theme
youtube.com/watch?v=4VaORfVGok8

wanna dick her until she makes the (3) face

SPACE MAMA

my childhood.

this game always scared me

>We never got an actual fight with the Magician
youtube.com/watch?v=q7iN1mdFX7E

>Origins and Legends under Hoodlum Havoc

you are a nigger, no doubt about it

It was an interesting evolution from an episodic game.

I am amazed we actually got Origins and Legends in this day and age.

I am mad the Ubiart engine hasn't been used more.

Last game to use it was Rayman Adventures, and that was just a mobile game.

Rayman 1, 2 and 3 are all great in their own way. I love all the different worlds they introduce, but I'd give Rayman 1 a slight edge for its charm, or Rayman 2 for its incredibly adventurous nature, which no other platformer has matched as far as I can tell.

Valiant Hearts and Child of Light use it too and they are both seriously underrated.

that's just ubisoft for you. aaa rehashes on one hand and genuinely interesting small-time projects on the other.

There was a Gravity Falls game on 3DS which also used it.
It was done better than the Origins 3DS port, but was still pretty mediocre.

I'd love another Rayman game that actually delves into the history/lore of the Glade of Dreams, it's honestly one of my favorite fictional worlds.

Bethesda also used to be like that, but not a single project they funded on the side made it big so they dropped that.

Remember WET?

I kinda like that. With their huge cashcow AAA rehashes they'll always have money to spare, so they can afford to sometimes do things like Valiant Hearts of Child of Light. Every E3 I'm excited for Ubisoft's conference because aside from the usual AssCreed, Far Cry and Tom Cuhlancee you never know when they might show off something actually neat.

Then they reveal Trails of the Blood Dragon.

Came here to post this. Except I'd say 3 >= 2, both games are pure kino. Unless you played the PS1 version of R2, then I understand.

The one with the fuckable short stacks

Nah, it was definitely magical, though.

This

I unironically like Ubisoft. They are far from being perfect (no company is, not even CDPR) but I honestly like their output most of the time.

t. paid ubishill

Eh whatever. I like them.

>I unironically like Ubisoft

Magical is just a nostalgia term.

they're certainly no worse than bethesda/activision (not that that's a high bar), and they surprise me with the cool shit they still develop like, Grow Up and Grow Home were also amazing

And EA, don't forget EA.
Also Grow Up is amazing, yes. I have yet to try the sequel though.

2, the remake for the ps2 called "revolution" was especially great.

True but EA have a bad rep already, whereas other companies get a pass (especially Bethesda, but recently people are wising up to their shit too).
Grow Home was released before Grow Up, and has much less features, I like them both but keep in mind that there isn't as much exploration in the GH, hope you enjoy it.

Fuck, I played them in the wrong order.

I love whistles in soundtracks.

I don't like them, but I can respect that they've improved AssCreed, have salvaged R6Siege and also do actually put out some good experimental games.

Emphasis on shitty combat.

He said 3, not 2.

Is the PS2 version the best version of Rayman 2? I want to replay it sometime

Actually he meant to say Arena.

Nah, the advertising for 3 revolved around new power-ups for combat.

Best is either PS2 or Dreamcast.

never played the first one
2 is pretty good, a bit slow and atmospheric
3 is legendary and underrated. a bit more focus on combat but the pacing never lets up and the soundtrack is outstanding

Origins and Legends are great, Legends is slightly worse

it has the most content, but runs at 30 fps and has crappy loading times. the hub world sucks too

I loved these bonus videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=aM8zMfpwdFY

1 > Legends > 2 > Origins > 3

Whoever puts Legends over Origins is patrician.

2 > Origins > 1 > Legends > 3

Most people think Ubisoft do nothing but AssCreed and co. but in reality they publish a shitton of games.
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_de_jeux_Ubisoft

Rabbids Go Home was actually decent, I wouldn't mind a port like de Blob

Opinions on Rabbids Land? Just out of curiosity.

The hub world is surprisingly immersive for a platformer, I'd say.

how the fuck is origins better than legends. did you forget gourmand and sea??

How about the PS3 PSN port of the PS2 version? Better loading times and/or frames?

It has a name? Yes, I would like to see this. Preferably based on Rayman 2's depiction.

It's pretty much the same thing except emulated. It might look a little better due to hdmi out though.

rayman revolution for ps2

People overlook Origins' flaws, like weaker level design or shump stages, because:
>Thicc nyphs
>Treasure chest stages (which are awesome, I have to agree)
>It's "harder", so it's all about looking hardcore

1 > 2 = 3 > origins > legends

2nd game lacks a lot of the charm from the original, 3 brought it back but the game was painfully short.

origins was good but was nothing like the original game, which wouldn't be a problem if the game didn't have 'origins' in the title, and to me legends is probably the most boring 2D platformer i have played.

Admittedly I've only played, 2, 3, revolution and arena. 3 was fun to replay because of the score system to unlock the dumb minigames/shorts but overall 2 and/or revolution felt like it had way more content. Also Raymanian is the best language setting.

Thanks, that makes sense. I forgot those ports are just emulations for the most part

Speaking of hub worlds, what are some other platformers with good hubs? I like ones with collectibles and maybe upgrade shops - the Spyro trilogy (and Hero's Tail to a lesser extent) come to mind. I could use a comfy hub right now

which version of Rayman 1 works well on W10?

The GOG version should work fine.

2 and 3.

Jak 1 fits the bill

>Because it was just pure comedy and silly shit without anything serious
But Ancel followed the exact same tone for Origins and Legends.

I'd like the first game a lot more if they zoomed the camera out a bit.

I've literally only just found out that Rayman 3D (which I've had for years) is Rayman 2. Everyone says 2 is amazing but that the 3DS port is a bit shit, should I get a different port of R2?

This

Yes. The best version is typically considered to be either the Dreamcast or PS2 version. Dreamcast is the normal experience with 60 fps and extra minigames. PS2 changed a substantial amount of things but runs at 30 fps but it can be run at 60 fps through emulation

Only version that matters are The Great Escape on N64, Revolution on PS2 and the Dreamcast version being the best version. Any other version is trash by comparison.

legends includes origins, so its superior by default

>the hub world sucks too
No, it fucking doesn't. Stop forcing this meme.

does PCSX2 emulate Rayman 2 well?

100% it a couple of years ago, it emulates pretty well. If i recall the Widescreen hack may flicker on/off sometimes, didn't happen during gameplay though

youtube.com/watch?v=TaM2FTwcY30
Don't tell me you weren't spooked

what?
is this actually true?
I would buy the game if so

has anyone played rayman for gba? I fucking hate that game

It includes most of the levels from Origins with updated stuff.

It doesn't have all the levels, both are worth getting

Is it true that they softened the Knaaren's dialogues in the English version of Rayman 3?
In French it was terrifying.

no idea, but they still talk about "sticking bamboo under your nails"

You're missing all of the Nymph levels, The Land of the Livid Dead, and some levels have been made easier, notably the treasure chase levels.
Other than that everything is there and it looks fucking gorgeous.

That's it? In French they say stuff like
>Unrolling his intestines...
>Killing him slowly...
>To wash in his blood ...