youtube.com/watch?v=_VjA3y87qMg
mega.nz/#F!QkFDgLBC!UiLo3rUekisptpzONidpmw
strawpoll.me/15110186
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Fiefags
Who?

You know, """people""" who like Fie.

What does that even mean?

If you like Fie over the plethora of gorgeous girls the game offers you're not a real person. You're some genetic retard who should do everything in his power to not breed.

But Fie is clearly the best girl.

>thong
Slut. SLUT! SLUT!!!!

Stop it. We do not condone beastiality ITT.

I can't.

Calvard when?

Is there a way to get into Trails series without slitting your wrists because the combat is slower than a paralyzed snail?

Use speedhack function of Cheat Engine.

>combat is slow
I haven't played tits in a long time but I think there was a patch for it that added 4x battle speed.

Based Calvardposter here to save us from the dread of Fiefags.

set turbo to 6, never look back unless emma just walked by

Top cutie.

You can't stop Fiefags user, might as well join them

She's missing a womb tattoo.

choroi
CHOROI

Lolis are always the best party members

>Lolis are always the best
Ftfy

Fiefolk are fine people.

Towa is best girl!

So I just finished Nothin personnel 1 that ending twist was pretty good. Genuinely didn't see that coming. Pissed me off too, Crow was my mvp party member, damn good crafts. The mecha shit was tedious though, I'm not looking forward to more of that, for how much longer will CSII keep the 10% discount? I'm a retard and have to wait a couple more days for paypal to do it's thing.

>"what if we made Squall's gunblade smaller and less useful?"

You guys are buying this on GOG, right?

You aren't Steamcucks, right?

>buying

>Want to buy CS
>They're more expensive than the Sky trilogy combined

There's more mecha in CS2 but it genuinely gets better and not as tedious.

I only buy from GOG, and don't pirate games that are available there, because I believe that sends a positive message.

Otherwise, I pirate and donate the equivalent to the dog shelter.

This.

I sincerely hope so.
Having to guess which section to attack with a roll of the dice was beyond frustrating. Also, having a literal hurr durr muh fighting spirit ability to just magically heal and gain cp was so ridiculously cliché it made the rest of the game and all it's tropes look like a bastion of originality.

Other then that, it was a damn fun game. I've always loved this series for the slow world building and lore. It hasn't been quite as good as TiTS though.

I unironically think the world building's at its strongest in Cold Steel, even if the main story took a nose dive. That's because Cold Steel has two other arcs' worth of world building to play with, though.

Only thing I didn't like is that Erebonia's completely different from what Sky and Crossbell built it up to be.

Yeah the world building was great, seeing Oliver doing his thing was awesome. Especially since it feels like his adventure in Liberl with Estelle and friends was the leading factor and motivation for his plan. I was kinda annoyed by the not-red-Arestelle ship though. That just killed how unique and significant it originally was in tits for me.

I do agree that Erebonia feels really different to how it was originally portrayed. The cities and technology just felt like it was dialled up a bit too high. The size and shit going on with all the power levels of characters just feels so out of touch with the rest of the continent. It also annoyed me that Class VII was running around with late game TiTS the 3rd tier stats after just a couple field studies too. Links and master quarts are neat though.

>Only thing I didn't like is that Erebonia's completely different from what Sky and Crossbell built it up to be.

>early concepts of Thors depicted it to be an actual strict military academy and not a glorified high school
>early concepts for Cold Steel actually kept in the executions we heard about in Sky

>early concept for Rean and Alisa looked better than the final product and they were a canon couple instead of a "pick your own waifu that doesn't effect the plot" type deal
>rean wielded guns
>alisa wielded a fucking sword and her entire back story was she was training to be a Divine Blade

I'm sure Ao anytime now.

Falcom kind of butchered Cold Steel because they thought Kiseki was too intimidating a franchise and needed another entry-point.

>blush
absolutely ruined

>The cities and technology just felt like it was dialled up a bit too high.
There's actually a canon reason for this that was brought up in Sky, though. Orbal power is essentially unlimited given its a renewable resource and humanity can advance much faster in Zemuria than humanity could in the real world.

In Trails lore, technology's advancing so fast in just half a century compared to what would be 2-3 centuries in real life, keep in mind they only discovered orbal energy 50ish years before Sky and they already had working air ships 40 years later.

The balance in this game is beautiful, they've just gone insane and let you break it even more. There's more bullshit going on than playing blade.

Yeah that's true. Perhaps its just the "culture shock" of me going from the small and older TiTS games with tiny cities where you occasionally see an air ship to CS with trains, airships and cars fucking everywhere in massive cities and a motorbike in the school workshop. I'm sure TiTS would've shown off more if it could now that I think about it.

The balance was silly. There was one point in CS 1 where I had to fight Sara with two classmates for the practical lesson. I picked Jusis and Crow and just spammed theirs and Reans' AT delay abilities. I defeated Sara before she got a single turn. AT delay is a bit broken when abused.

That's a big gun

Cold Steel 2 is so broken that you can effectively one-shot both of the "final" boss's phases if you stack strength, buff correctly and s-break

BLOODY HELL REAN STICK YER TADGER IN ME MINGE

This is a cute picture.

Here's a picture of Trails girls getting their pussies pounded

Can you even effectively use other status effects other than delay when bosses are at like 90% resistance? Delay gets a bunch of huge chances to proc while others get like a 10% and 20% on top of any ability. It's like 400% chance to delay vs 130% anything else.

>not liking Fie
Fuck off homo.

>Yeah that's true. Perhaps its just the "culture shock" of me going from the small and older TiTS games
They had mecha and tanks in TiTS.

All of them should have a turbo function now.

>Final boss

Probably the most retarded fight in existence.
Pretty much had to be cheap so that I killed him with two hits.

>Fiefags aren't real people.

stop talking shit about my wife

So who was your sweetheart in CS2?

Most obvious choice is Sara, of course.

>going from the small and older TiTS games with tiny cities where you occasionally see an air ship to CS with trains, airships and cars fucking everywhere in massive cities and a motorbike in the school workshop.
You would already be used to all that if you didn't skip zero and ao.

Post good music
youtube.com/watch?v=bYc9-2StzXI

Towa, the closest definition of a sweetheart in the game

Did I get this right?
>People were translating Zero no Kiseki, but someone leaked it and it turned out to be kind of bad.
>Someone else picked it up and has now "edited" the translation at 50% done
>Someone also started to translate Ao no kiseki, but might need editing too.

How are Fiefags not people? They're the best sort.

try killing yourself

>and it turned out to be kind of bad.
wrong.It turned out to be as good as you could expect from an unedited literal translation, and the """people""" pushing the ""edited"" meme are never actually going to release ANYTHING

Why won't they release?

He's wrong, but it will take at least 1 more year.

Because the whole thing is just a scam for them to keep their coveted "e-celeb" status. They don't actually work on the game, and when anybody asks, they just say they "have a life outside kiseki" so they don't have time. It's just total bullshit and people are retards who eat it up.

But based geofront is porting Zero to PC.

t. Leaker.

holy fuck, was this the stealthiest release in recent memory?

No, not at all. You're just a casual who doesn't pay attention.

>get into ToCS
>Thors Military Academy version gets announced

For the love of god. So it's basically just the PC version on PS4 + High Speed Skip mode?

>With the press of a button, High-Speed Skip Mode can double the speed during events and on the field, and quadruple the speed of battles.

nobody knows we haven't actually seen it in action yet. And, frankly, there's no guarantee it ever makes it to the west anyway

just like women

it won't be as good as the pc version

Does the game really have such huge zones and slow combat it needs this fast forward mode or is it just catering to ADHD crowd?

pshh...

Combat not so much, but travelling through Nord highlands is a fucking nightmare without turbo.

Wasn't one of the bosses a gigantic tank with a laser cannon too? I never understood why Crossbell and CS was such a big leap for people.

Yeah some attack animations are stupid long which can get annoying in a 60hr jrpg. But it's mostly because travelling thru areas multiple times can get boring on the 3rd fucking time

Pretty much most cases of those sort of things were because of Orouborus, who we've always known have had really advanced technology. Of course there were some outside of them but they were overall so far and inbetween. Crossbell and Erebonia feel like a bigger jump because they're more common I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=_VjA3y87qMg

But the thing is that while it's true that Ouroboros had advanced tech, a lot of it was home brew where they recreated old tech with modern stuff. It also doesn't help that people kept calling Liberl backwater too which meant that it was a terrible reference point for world tech.

reminder that fiefags get shit on I'm cs3

>or is it just catering to ADHD crowd?
it's just catering to the ADHD crowd. Cold Steel in particular has the fastest combat in the series. It's really sad how this generation has turned out

Fiefag status:
>get shunned as a romance by main three
>get shunned as a daughterfu by Altina
how will they ever recover?

>daughterfu
she's only 3 years younger than Rean. When I was Rean's age in CS1, I was doing stuff with girls Millium's age or a year younger. I'll never understand why Americans are such prudes.

Is Switch port the reason why CSIII is taking so long to come out in english?

>"""people"""

So this.

>3.13 MB

honestly glad he has a sword and not a ranged weapon

>Only (psuedo)-loli character in the ENTIRE SERIES to not make top 10 in popularity polls after her games released

>more weebshit on Steam
Kys all.

Another big issue with CS1 and 2 is that they try too hard to ape FC and SC, sort of like the new Star Wars movies.
>protags were gender swapped in development
>first chapter of CS1 is pretty much "remember FC? it was comfy!"
>military coup plot just like FC
>structure of CS1 resembles FC heavily (you're training to be (basically) bracers by visiting all the major locations in your (half of the) country)
>structure of CS2 resembles SC heavily (early chapters are meet the enforcer of the week; party member shows up to help you against them but then they fuck off for whatever reason; Crash Bandicoot portion resembles the chapter of SC where you visit each Tetracyclic Tower, etc)
>game tries to have a main romance between Estelle and Joshua expies but fails at that because they also wanted to expand the bonding system from Crossbell to actually affect the main plot instead of just giving you an extra scene with a bit more insight into a character's backstory as a reward
But then it tries to play things too safe, IE making Thors into a typical high school where people sometimes fight training dummies instead of a real military school, toning down the stuff we learned about Erebonia from previous games to be less dark because they tried too hard to show the "good side" of Erebonia, etc. Overall it feels like the game suffered a lot from trying to be accessible to new fans in a series where that just doesn't work and Falcom made the right decision by giving up on that shit in CS3.

Worst final boss theme in the series, good thing Crow had a way better theme.

These boss AP things are seriously annoying, just let me beat them how I like, don't lock AP behind restrictions like turn counts.

It's not that those things are pulled from FC and SC, it's that those are the formula of the series. Crossbell is the same thing. The SSS in zero and ao are basically "bracers: Police Edition"

That's the Trails formula.

What Are you talking about, Altina was top in popularity polls after Sen3

Yes, mechanically they're the same thing, but the SSS are not literally "you're being trained to be Bracers" like Class VII.
Talking about Fie. Of course Altina was high because she actually was a real character in Sen 3

>but the SSS are not literally "you're being trained to be Bracers" like Class VII
except they basically are. Even they acknowledge that their purpose is to try to compete with the bracers.

Yes but the plot isn't literally "you are being trained to be Bracers" you fucking dimwit. Learn some reading comprehension.

>Yes but the plot isn't literally "you are being trained to be Bracers"
neither is cold steel, you fucking retard

Yes it is.

No, it's not.

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't change you being wrong.

Their relation to bracers is no more prominent than the SSS's is in Crossbell. Play the games.

Class VII is literally made to be a replacement for the Bracer guild as a neutral faction. Try again.

No.

OK, didn't realize you haven't played any of the games.

should I have grinded sara's link level when I had the chance? will I ever get to use this party again? I really like it.

>Class VII is literally made to be a replacement for the Bracer guild as a neutral faction. Try again.
Nah. Class VII was made to drive youngsters in key positions away from reformist/noble factions' ideals.

You're mixing up two completely different things you fucking retard

Yes, and to do this they were formed into a group that would act as a replacement for the Bracer Guild in Erebonia.
And you haven't played the games, you fucking retard. Class VII is EXPLICITLY STATED to be a replacement for the Bracer guild.

>those are the formula of the series
Nope, Crossbell didn't really follow any of that besides the SSS being modeled after the Bracers so they could bring back the ranking system again

At best that is just the means to achieve the results, not the end goal

Actually it is the end goal, as explicitly and directly stated by Olivier multiple times throughout the series. And regardless, the fact is that CS1 and 2 ape FC and SC while the Crossbell games did their own thing.

all girls are best girls, also CS3 better come out this year.

>the fact is that CS1 and 2 ape FC and SC while the Crossbell games did their own thing.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

now I know you really haven't played crossbell at all

Are these games really good enough to warrant a million 500-post threads? These threads always die after 10 hours.

No.

Don't like it, then don't come in here, simple as that. Quit your bitching

Ah yes, and the guy who is sitting here who has apparently only played FC is claiming I haven't played the games

They'll die down in a week or so, it's always crazy when a game/port is released. And yes, they're amazing games.

I'm glad this thread actually about video game is taking a place in the catalog and most likely pushed out some worthless no effort litteral shitpost op.

she's a real party member in the 2nd game.

why come into a thread you don;t like just to bitch about it? fuck off

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be Rixia.

I pirated this. I genuinely enjoyed the first game overall, and I can afford to buy CS2. But I feel a bit cheated at the end of CS1, with a blatant cliff hanger just feels like they hastily chopped the game in half and sold each half separately. Feels like Jewish trickery which I do not support.

Pirate the second game and just think that you bought a full game and only got half of it at first.

>flat
>masculine face
>no curves
All Fiefags are homos.

will I have another chance to raise her level though in this game or do I have to use the festival?

I know exactly what you mean, but to be fair, if CS1 and CS2 were sold as one game I'd have dropped it after about 150 hours. They're already crazy long even for JRPG standards, and combined you could easily take 200 hours just for a first playthrough.

TRAILS OF COLD STEEL III
WINTER 2018
NISA

Emmas my vaporwave girlfriend

you can use new game +

All Trails games barring TiTS 3rd were essentially cut in half.
TITS FC and SC were meant to be one game.
Zero and Ao were meant to be one game.
CS1 and CS2 were meant to be one game
CS3 and soon CS4 were meant to be one game.

Falcom just has a really bad habit of overestimating themselves, though the only reason CS1 and CS2 got split up and CS3 and CS4 got split up is because Chinese localizers refuse to localize games that huge, and the Chinese market is a huge chunk of Falcom's overseas fanbase.

>NISA: Thanks for hyping our upcoming Sen III localization, nerds!
>XSEED: At least we still have the Akiba's franchise.

>not interesting
>bland
>likely gay
Fie is for those without taste

>Zero and Ao were meant to be one game
Source: your ass

Man I can't stand this piece of shit fie is, I want to rape her and kill all the retarded fiefags will all my might.

The overall, plot, maybe. Content wise, there's no way in hell any of those games were meant to be combined.

Seriously all those fucking fetch quest and replacing lamp shits should be removed from the game

There's CS3 and CS4?!
Do they seriously expect people to pay 4 times for essentially 1 game?

I did that. I bought CS1 with little expectations or knowledge of the series, just a kind of whim purchase because I liked the visuals of the girls. But definitely not going to buy CS2, and 3 and 4 now.

don't forget the first two TLoH games and the first two Ys games

Pay 4 times for essentially two games*
Cold Steel 3 and 4 take place after a major timeskip and deal with a mostly new playable cast.

You mean The Tale of Champions: Path of Frosty Iron the Third, continuing the magnificent journey of Reen Blacker and Group Seven. I'm hyped my d00ds!

I want user to become Rixia so I can fuck her and get her pregnant

>Zero and Ao were meant to be one game.
Zero didn't end on cliffhanger though. You can pretty much treat them as different games.

It's called progress grampa, you can't stop it.

>and deal with a mostly new playable cast.
lolno

>legend of the hero: legend flasher 3
>blinking trajectory 3
>trails of the flash

>implying it isn't true
You're stuck with nu-Class 7 most of the time.

The difference being all of those games except CS1 and 2 have enough content to justify split development, while CS1 and 2 combined are around 60% filler content

I sure can't wait to play as Esty-Dee in four

CS2 is mostly 60% filler content***

No I mean if you combine both games, about 60% of the total content is filler.
CS2 is mostly filler while CS1 is somewhere in the 30-50% range.

Nah CS was a circumcision pham
Most of the meat is on 2
Emma breaticles I mean

Esty-Dee can give me an STD any day. Also, the story behind that name is pretty funny. Esty was a minor character in the first Arland game, and wasn't expected to end up as one of the main characters of the later entries. They dun fucked up.

>Cold Steel spent the entire first game as a prologue

>There's CS3 and CS4?!
yeah, trails is essentially a soap opera at this point that keeps on going

FC and SC were split because there was too much content for one game. They each tell a complete, but related story.
CS1 and 2 were split because Falcom was too incompetent to make them one game. Each tells half a story.

Trails was awesome as a sprite based isometric series. The low quality 3D and PS1 era animation does make a lot of what made Sora and Crossbell so good cringy as fuck instead.

You say that like nu-Class VII isn't vastly superior to the shitty old Class VII
There's a reason they were replaced by real characters with actual relevance.

>You say that like nu-Class VII isn't vastly superior to the shitty old Class VII
Uh no? I never said or implied that.

Rean is such a badass he requires his own game to explain his epic origin story.
It takes you to admist a war with the members of Class VII and then:
*Freeze*
*Record Scratch*
"You're probably wondering how I got here"

Now that you mention it...

How many of you just got triggered?

Reminder that Crow will always win the Reanb owl.

party members come and go all the time, including old and new class 7

Fucking fie posts should be banned on sight

She's such a waste of space.

so I just started the 1st game and I have a choice between towa or the blonde girl. who do I choose?

You're right that her belly space is being wasted, since my tongue isn't covering it right now.

towa never joins your party in the 1st game but the blonde girl is frequently playable so..

Liking fie is fucking gay AND against the law, fiesubhuman

Oh well

Follow your heart.
Because even if you do Falcom will say you meant to pick Alisa anyways.

You're right, it is against the law, because you're supposed to love her instead.

Everything is ruined thanks fie fagggggggots

only fie and sarafags get shit on in CS3
laura, alisa and emmafags still have valid input

Very good move on their part, senile alcoholic hag and pedobait edgy tomboy are cancer.

t. Laurafag

>love

Don't be silly, coldsteel threads were ruined ages ago.

The only fieposters are those that don't know better.

Official Cred Forums powerranking:
>Laura
>Emma
>Sara
>Fie
>Alisa

All other girls are irrelevant-tier.

Never heard of this series but Fie seems like a cutie, should i get the game for her?

yes, she's a good girl

kys instead

If you want. I'd suggest it regardless

You'll be severely disappointed in the 3rd game.

l-lewd!

>it's a fiefag thread episode
I miss you fags. I thought most of you an hero'd when you were told fie isn't a romance option in cs3. Pray for cs4 being different.

Crossbell had a fucking airport, a public bus system, a modern bank, and the guardian force drove around in apcs.

And it had internet.

You forgot Towa, She's pretty high on the power ranking.
Also Claire, Sharon, Elise are pretty good but don't get much screen time obviously. And Renne soon (tm)

Nobody fucking played Crossbell.

Nobody knows anything

Maybe you should stop projecting

Nobody even want to play that game

Literally who played Crossbell?

Still waiting for Ao.

Everyone but you

I guess I'll just have to be content in the knowledge that I didn't waste my limited lifespan learning moon runes to play my kiseki games.

Dumb fiefags

>girls
>relevant in Trails of Crow's Dick

> fie isn't a romance option in cs3
For what reason?

It always cracks me up how non moon rune master peasants try to reassure themselves.

Gotta make room for Alisa.

This fanbase is nearing Persona-tier levels of garbage

>filled with fiefag again

Alisa always had a room, more like give room for Emma and Laura.

Well it did try to cash on the Persona fanbase with these romantic options.

>Implying they won't get the sack

Well I hope so, Alisa has always been canon, giving more focus for the forced romance with Laura and Emma is a mistake.

they shouldn't have had persona shit at all if they were going to be too lazy it see it through

>still arguing about waifus
Let's face it. This arc is going to end with Rean becoming a newtype ghost to play card games with Crow for eternity.

Can't even compare to Persona at this point since choices there are contained within one game, now Cold Steel is beating this horse for a 4th game within the same cast.

I'd rather have Rean choosing no one at all than fufill this fujoshi fantasy.

>Not totally not ghost Crow living in his head playing cardgames

Also a possibility as long as they end up together in some format.
The entire Cold Steel arc is a fujoshi fantasy. It's a retelling of Sky except Estelle is now a boy.

*slides blade deck into your pocket*

Stop shilling your awful game, Crow

trails is about the story anyway not the social links

Anons...

I love trails but blade is seriously the worst card game in any JRPG ever

It always cracks me up to see JLPT N5fags acting smug.

>turn-based combat
D R O P P E D

Considering the amount of shit that gets posted here, Trails threads should be the least of your concerns. At least Falcom threads always stay on topic and don't turn into Cred Forums threads or image spam.

You're gonna hotglue her figure, right?

Chink market is maybe 10-15%. Hardly huge.

>worst girl gets a figure before anyone else
Why does this always happen? At least the previous arcs' best girls were usually the ones to get figures first

Should I aim for Toval's, Claire's, or Sharon's special item? On PS3 I went for fast arts guy, but I don't really know what the others do or if they're more useful than halving cast time.

She's the most popular in nipland.

Nope

Why wouldn't you at least play Zero when the leaked patch is fine? I can understand not wanting to play Ao with the garbage machine tl patch.

the patches are the same though

?

They're both machine tl tier

No, one of them is actually accurate but translated by a European who clearly doesn't speak English fluently, meaning a lot of sentences read awkwardly. The other is legitimately just someone google translating the whole script and inserting it into the game. Inaccurate garbage that shouldn't be played by anyone.

I'm assuming you mean official. Rixia already got a decent figure. Her ass is amazingly modeled on it too.

anyone upload the cosmetic dlc?

I said previous arcs the first girls to get figures were best girls. Rixia is (I think) the only one to get a non-mini figure from Crossbell and Estelle and Renne are the only ones with GKs from Sora (as far as I know), although they don't look that good since they're old as shit. They did get Nendoroids though.

Fuckk off with your weebshit.

Well, Crossbell has the advantage of having to serve a small population and area with its tech marvels. Most of Erebonia and Liberl are rural as fuck. You just don't visit most of those areas because they're irrelevant to the story.

Just play the translations.

How does TiTS compare to CS?

one is shit

Combat hasn't obviously aged that well but Turbo solves a lot of the problems with the slowness of it. Story and cast wise most people who have played both probably consider it to be quite a bit better, but CS obviously isn't done yet and 3 seems to be heading into the right direction after lackluster 1 and 2.

TitS is superior in every single way. The only game in the CS saga that is just as good as the Sky games is CS3 and is not out yet.

It's a third, not half. Only his personal accessory does half. Sharon's is the zeus gem to Toval's diabolos. Claire's thing boosts crit, which is probably least useful.

Forgot to say that the Combat is the only thing that feels outdated, but not by that much.

>accurate
>translated by someone who can't speak both languages being used

A bit slower but now you can get around that, the second game has some fucked-up pacing choices in the second half but is otherwise really good, third is great, sepith count makes it too easy to give everyone enormous spellbooks for every situation. If you're a youngster you might not recognize how older-style anime all the characters are, so that should help the experience too.

>Who?
How newfag can you be?

He can speak both languages but it's clear that his vocabulary isn't on the level of a native speaker and grammar a bit lacking. The dialog lacks a lot of the flavor of official translations and characters voices don't come through nearly as well, but very little of it is factually translated wrong.

it has bEstelle

A-and we like Estelle? The game looks a bit worse graphically, but beyond the the combat looks fun!

Is the Zero translation playable in terms of characters showcasing personalities, or is it just good for getting the gist of the plot? How long are Zero and AO compared to the other games in the series?

It's impossible to not like Estelle

She's maybe the best female RPG protagonist ever made.

>shitting on other people's waifus
Literally every Trails girl has at least one redeeming feature and they're all worthy of love and adoration.

Then again, I'm a Clairefag, so.

Twintails are a good excuse to dislike a girl. This trope is so overdone she really has to have a goddess personality to compensate.

Estelle is amazing. Best girl for sure. Play her games!!

Zero and Ao are up there with FC/SC in terms of length, maybe a bit longer. Impossible to say how much the translation will bother you. Just give it a shot if you're done with TitS.

Estelle is unironically one of my favourite JRPG characters ever.

THE HUMANS KNOW

SHUT IT DOWN!

I've only played CS1/2 and FC/SC, working my way through all the games. Is there a viable theory on who the Grandmaster is or is it still a complete mystery? Do you believe it's a character we already know? Do you think Falcom planned it from the start?

dorothy.

Superior to CS in every way. Some will try to tell you the combat is worse but they're wrong.

She does. Estelle is one level over top tier characters in JRPG´s.

And you would know that estelle is great if you played the game before posting

>This trope is so overdone she really has to have a goddess personality to compensate

>Do you believe it's a character we already know?
Falcom said it's a character we've met.

>Do you think Falcom planned it from the start?
The entire Trails story, including games they haven't even started working on was written between 2000-2004

If all of these lines are not delivered against the MC she really sounds like a great girl.

Estelle IS the mc.

But none of those lines are even spoken to her co-protagonist, Joshua

They ain't.

It's Rean's ultra dark side that time traveled backwards and became the REAL grandmaster. Duh.

aidios

It doesn't end there

don't click this is the real grandmaster

Daily Reminder!

OH
I GOT SOMETHIN' IN MY THROAT
I NEED TO BE ALONE
WHILE I SUUUUUUUUUUUFFEEEEEER

Crow was best boy. I was really fucking sad in CS2, I wanted him to live.

Don't wish too hard

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

>friend
>not husband
You should be pleased.

CS3 IS NEVER GET RELEASED IN ENGLISH

>IS NEVER GET

That's the quality of the localization you can expect if it does

>first game makes you hate him
>second game tells you that you should hate him
>second game proceeds to teach you that he did nothing wrong

>Want to crush that fucker by the end of CS1
>End up sharing cheeseburgers with him in the middle of CS2
I don't know what I was expecting.

>Falcom said it's a character we've met.

please provide a source
i googled and couldn't find any interview where this was stated

>Falcom said it's a character we've met.
no they didn't, they only said all of the information is there in regards to the grandmaster's identity and we should already have an idea who it is.

aside from secretly being a terrorist what does he do wrong in the first game? I'm still in chapter 6 so don't spoil it if I haven't gotten to it yet.

>First game makes it clear the double pistols are only for show and that his true specialty weapon is the Naginata

>They bring him back and he uses dual pistols again because Falcom are hacks who just cater to what's the 'most popular'

To be fair he combines the techniques in his S-break

From Sen IV

THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE DUAL PISTOLS IN 3?

Whatever man.

the current translation for zero does demonstrate character personalities about as well as you would expect it to- as in, it does so, but it does so in the kind of stilted english that you might not expect if you're not accustomed to reading directly translated japanese stuff. it's not xseed's level of localization, but it's good enough to get the personality of each character to a moderate degree.
the plot is perfectly comprehendable.
zero is about 50 hours, ao i haven't played but have heard is around 60 to 70. par for the course for this franchise assuming you do all of the sidequests and a fair amount of talking with npcs.

To fuck with Rean mentally, what else?

Do you even suffering?

>looks like crow
>sounds like crow
>fights like crow
BUT HE DOESN'T REMEMBER YOU.

can you translate rean's lines there

>wait!
>you really don't remember?
>you don't remember us...even a little?

ITT we predict what's happening in the scene this screenshot was taken from

A music battle.

>Celestial Globe returns. About time.

So i want to get into the series. Can someone give me the quick rundown from where to start?

First trilogy on steam
Trails in the Sky FC
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky 3rd

Here's the timeline. Play in chronological order.

Thanks lads

release order.

Be aware that playing Ao /Azure before Cold Steel spoils you on the major twists that occur at the end of both Cold Steel 1 and Cold Steel 2.

cold steel also spoils midgame twists of ao, though.

Literally nothing.

it really only spoils the trade conference, but everyone with a brain would know that something would happen at the trade conference anyway.

Yeah and Star Wars episode 4-6 spoil 1-3. BUT THEY PROBABLY INTENDED TO DO THAT.

Don't listen to that guy, he's being trying to push this for a while now with the same "arguments". Chronological makes more sense and cs spoils some things about ao too anyway.

Crow was right all along obviously. Anyone who played CS3 knows that Class 7 were fighting for the bad guys the whole time and the entirety of CS1 was basically all about fighting the only people who could have avoided what happened in CS3.

me no brain.

If you play Ao before Cold Steel 1 then you might as well not even play Cold Steel 1 or 2 anymore because you know exactly what happened in both games. The same is not true of playing CS1/2 before playing Ao.

I'm sure you are so smart you knew crossbell would declare independence too when it's supposed to be a big surprise in ao. Same with garellia, the tree, dieter etc. But wait I forgot who remembers a bunch of names right?

Anyone who played II should have worked out the kids were basically tricked into doing the bad guy's bidding while also doing their own good thing, but people decided to meme about Osborne being this great person.

How the fuck is garellia an Ao spoiler, garellia fortress is part of Erebonia and part of the erebonia arc. Nobody is going to remember the name dieter just from playing cold steel.

I've already played them all in order you turbo retard. No one with a brain would immediately believe osborne is dead anyway. Same with the civil war that CS Kai version literally advertises in the subtitle and everyone could tell the moustache twirling villains would lose.

Not that user, but those events are supposed to be surprising in CS too, at least to the extent that they have any effect on the plot at all. If you play the other games first you'll just be waiting for them to go off. There's no way for Falcom to have maintained proper surprise in both stories.

well, because it's stated in cold steel that the blast was caused by crossbell using an unknown super weapon. this means that when you go to play ao you have this in your mind the whole time and are waiting until the superweapon appears- it robs that moment of its impact.

The aions were never going to be surprising what a lame so-called """"spoiler"""

>Nobody is going to remember
I'm begging you user, please stop this stupidity.

>crossbell events are supposed to be more surprising in erebonia than crossbell
Is that what you're saying? And yeah obviously falcom couldn't. So they decided to put ao out first. You are literally saying they don't know what they wanted and you know better.

Niggers, I'd have gladly played Zero and Ao before touching Nothin Personnel if I didn't have to emulate a fucking psp version and use machine translation fan patches. I'm sorry.

No, that's not what I'm saying, but keep popping out those straw men.

Zero isn't machine translated and the Ao patch that's coming soon won't be either.

Then say it clearly.

user is cute. CUTE!

Well lads, what do you think?

You could try just reading the post without inserting your own adversarial garbage instead. It's perfectly clear.

I think you should go back to Twitter.

Posting original Blanco

Is this just a take on those god awful spic dbs charts? Fuck off

Zero is ok and PSP emulation is very easy.

>The overall, plot, maybe. Content wise, there's no way in hell any of those games were meant to be combined.

I don't know about the rest but FC and SC were indeed meant to be one game and CS3 and 4 as well.

>Fucking fie posts should be banned on sight
what do you have against my wife?

The only games that should have been combined are CS1-2.

dumb niconiconigger

>josette roja

best girl

so rean never gets to be a second year?

He does, and he graduates. They just don't show it in the game because there's a timeskip after CS2

If you want to play a modern jrpg start with CS1, if you don't mind playing something with 2D sprites start with trails in the sky

How would the game run on a PC withi7- 6700k and a GTX 1080 based on experience? Any glitches?

It'd run like shit on your toaster. Fuck off back to your grafix thread before you burn your eyes on our psp games.

The game runs on toasters, and the port has been good to me so far. No crashes or glitches even using turbo mode.

>How would the game run on a PC withi7- 6700k and a GTX 1080 based on experience?

Why do people do this? You obviously know how it will run with that hardware. These games can pull 60+ frames on a potato connected to some AA batteries.

estelle

Being the filthy weeb in the room, is there any possibility of an undub version or patch?

mega.nz/#F!QkFDgLBC!UiLo3rUekisptpzONidpmw

Literally five minutes after the game was released. It's even been made so it's effortless to set it up once you have the files. You just drag and drop. I wouldn't do it because Rean and Crow are much better in English, but to each their own.

jp crow is perfect you heretic.

>sakurai doing his chuckling omoshiroi sakurai impression yet again
lol no

possibility of physical editions of the PC kiseki games?

The english version is much better, also you are gonna have some scenes where english audio will popup because the game has new english lines for characters.
jp Crow is cool and all but will never beat eng Crow for me.

The lack of Jap audio for certain lines is dealt with through blank files.

What you miss if you dont have a savefile to load at the start?

You can import the japanese ones, other than that there are none. Sad but that´s how it is since PC is only digital nowadays.

>dub
>better
Never reply to him, me or in this thread ever again

A few lines referencing your choices, some sepith, a middling accessory. You don't keep your old power level.
Go fuck yourself you stupid sack of shit.

lolno

Emma figure when?

English is better, no question. Japanese just doesn´t ring with me in these games for me, and I always tend to go for the subbed versions. Get mad.
Already fixed? that pretty cool. Now I can recommend it if people want the subbed version.

Never cause no one likes her.

>Already fixed?
It was "fixed" immediately after Jap voice files were released. Same thing happened with CS1.

I like her.

Fie and Sara were the best though.
Millium is also cute.

>weeb high school harem
>japanese just doesn't ring with me
Sounds legit. Besides that's just your (shit) opinion so don't talk like it's a fact.

I haven't been keeping up with this series. Are we ever going to get Trails of Cold Steel III localized? I won't even ask about IV.

Maybe eventually.

Know where I can find the Jap ones?

*no one that matters

Idiot.

>a live look at Rean's harem as he makes his decision on which girl to take for the night

>Are we ever going to get Trails of Cold Steel III localized?
There's absolutely no reason to think we wouldn't get CS3 localized.

XSeed, your shill threads are so obvious by now.

Laura is best girl.

>Getting mad over someone liking a different set of voices.
Wew lad, let me reapeat now. Now as a fact for you.
English is superior, no question.

>muh precious english ears
I actually feel sorry about you.

don't bother user you can't reason with dumbass weebs

>dubfags

be patient,
CS III just came out last September, these things take time.

> being filthy weaboo

>muh precious nipon ears
Like if you were japenese weeb.

>playing a Jap game where MC has a harem
>hates Jap audio
>uses weeb as an insult
wew

There's nothing wrong with liking a good dub.

>being coward normalfag
The same 10 dub mediocre actors and xseed memes won't suddenly change the game itself. Just fully accept you enjoy animu games.

>dub
>emma
What's next? Putting pineapple on pizza?

Awesome.
post more rare Emmas.

Maybe he's an ironic weeb

>being this much of a retarded faggot
Pathetic.

that's an oxymoron

>no counterarguments

>I'll insult him, that'll show him
Nice, user.

>Can´t enjoy animu games with a good dub now
Weebs are incapable of enjoying anything that is not niponese.

is this a bot that keeps making this thread everyday

Is there an insult to persons who are JAP-onlyfags other than calling them "filthy weaboo"?

Why would you think you warrant one? You're just a stupid faggot.
Do you think I care what he thinks?

Seiyuus in kiseki games were a mistake, burn the CS fags. Things were better without voiced dialogue.

Because you clearly can't deny the truth.

You care enough to keep replying. All of your responses so far are insults, just admit that you have no arguments, user. Tell us why do you think the English voice acting is superior.

I want to fondle Emma's Emmas.

No, because it´s the truth.

turbo weebs is another popular one used by shitposters

nice.

But what about battle voices?

But I already did that you fucking idiot.

As if that ever mattered.

I see.

Why is japanese superior?

Zero Evo was released before CS1 and it had voice acting. That alone makes your point invalid.

>Playing Evo

I'd be more impressed if a pathetic weebshitter like you actually produced an argument that, for once, wasn't just the usual shitposting about how nobody can act in English and Japanese people are good at it for reasons other than 'I can really hear the acting."

I never said or even implied that Japanese is superior.

>no arguments
Why is everyone so obsessed with shitposting in this thread?

That was sad

strawpoll.me/15110186
strawpoll.me/15110186

Here you go.

Christ, finally someone with taste

>Has all ability to become most OP character ever
>Yet the suffering never end

Good preferences

whatever happened to all the Towafags who were always roaming these threads? did they got discouraged after how CSIII turned out?

At first I hated the fact that he had typical NIPPON STEEL FOLDED OVER A THOUSAND TIMES but now it grew on me.
Especially after finding out now that the other alternative was a retarded pea shooter

People got sick of her and her fans.

Because it's a big and very competitive industry so statistically alone there's a bigger chance of higher quality instead of calling the same people with mediocre range and their friends. The two industries just aren't comparable. And if the company who makes the game specifically picked those people then they clearly know best why they are fit for that role and they are used to it as well so you don't end up with 40year old smokers pretending to be a high-school girl. The vas themselves usually record together too as opposed to dubs so there's lots of input to make sure they got it right.

You should always play games with Japanese voices if at all possible, even if you are fine with dubs (like I am, mostly). Because Japanese VAs are fucking locked in to roles. They almost never just drop a character out of the blue. But this happens all the time in dubs. Though I dunno how bad it's been for this series (I haven't played the second one yet), this will burn you in multi game series a lot if you get attached to dubs.

He just need therapy so he'll stop dragging this story and everyone else down with him.

Shut the fuck up weeb. No one cares about your drivel, you whiny little cunt.

>big and competitive
>when seiyuu are even more overexposed than western actors and casting is typically handled by agencies negotiating with production rather than auditions

>Another fucking weeb
Go back to where you came from pedo. I'm fucking sick of your shit and how you suck japanese cock.

Your false flagging isn't very convincing.

Towafags are just loud. There aren't that many. The most popular ones are Laura for some reason and Fie

>Saw Coldsteel
>Thought it was a thread about the hedgeheg

Disappointed.

You crying about people playing with the language they want isn't helping this thread either faggot.

How does that mean it's not big? Or competitive for that matter? Do agencies just sit around not competing? Do vas not try to stand out? Only few names have guaranteed roles and big paychecks.

What this user says is true The translation isnt actually "bad" just unpolished and the translations will probably release but it will take at least 1 more year or more. Currently at 55% as of now so that means a 5% progress in 2 months

It should be illegal for people like you to exist.

Not everyone wants to play games and have their ears bleed from your sugoi seiyuus screeching like little girls.

>competition by agencies rather than merit means the actors are of higher quality
lolwut

you weebs aren't even welcome here. leave

>dumbass weebs having a temper tantrum in the thread
>meanwhile english dub wins the poll
pathetic

>mods deleted my pasta
Apparently posting picture of food is nsfw now

This has never even been a point of contention for this series. It's always been accepted that the dubs are fine and good.

You're not wrong. Trails has always been disappointing.

Oh wow that's a lot of people

Get with the times old man. Food is NSFW.

>can't even post picture of Tio with Mishy bread

Can we have more Emmas?

I dont really mind the voice actors, but I prefer to use the jap voices because I'm afraid that the english voices will be replaced between one game and its sequel and it triggers my autism.

Did they keep the same voice actors in Trails of Cold Steel 2 in the english dub?

I miss when these threads were comfy and a treat years back.

I'll gladly shitpost on /fg/ but not here. Shame. Now it's just waifushit and sub/dub morons.

If I remember correctly, when they were doing the CS dub they made a point of getting actors for multiple games. There are no casting changes here, though maybe Olivert is different in Sky?

I want Laura to hold my sword and practise with it!

how about you fuck off and not shitpost anywhere idiot? We don't want you shitting up /fg/ either

They did, the voice actors wanted to work on the game so they got them back.

He is.

>We
Speak for yourself. As a representative of /fg/, I welcome him with open arms.

Yes, and i think they got a lot better, in particular during combat dialogue Alisa, Emma, Gaius, Elliot and Fie got much better for me.

it's either subfags or Skyfags derailing the threads,
maybe we'll have comfy threads when CSIII is released in NA.

kill yourself

Beautiful. Keep it coming.

Thanks. Good to know. I hate that I get to relate a character with certain voice and then this changes. It is like if they have changed the character, thats why I'm so reluctant to play games in english dubs.

I don't think you know who you're messing with kiddo. You better back off before you're banished from the general.

Why did Emma paint her hair blue and start using contact glasses?

Emma is the most notable improvement for me. Whether deliberate or accidental, she sounds like she loosened up a lot. Of course, they all benefited from being able to get around the old requirement to fit their lines into specific blocks of time.

As I remember I heard Alisa VA was sick in CS1 so that kinda changed the way she performed. But yeah she performed much better on CS2

It was never accepted but console plebs had no other options.

>blue

>maybe we'll have comfy threads when CSIII is released in NA.
>implying people wont be spoiling the shit out of CSIV by then

don't have too many new Emma pics,
I gotta lurk moar on Nip twitter or pixiv.

The only thing that's not accepted in this threads are weebs who keep shitposting like you.

There will be no comfy threads until Falcom stop being faggots and license their games overseas well before release.

Millium was almost bearable in CS2 while in CS1 I wanted to kniferape my ears whenever she spoke

cold steel one. Trails in the sky is a pretty bad rpg. Its worse then early ps2 rpgs.

This is your VA. Say something nice to her.

Die in multiple fires

>Nip twitter
How you do that? I try putting japanese names on twitter but I get a bunch of shitty cosplayers and J-pop bands.

At least she's better than Japanese Millium

Wait for E3. After that if there's still nothing it's probably not coming

>tfw burch won't be needed for long anymore

I laughed user.

>want to make a meme party in the last dungeon with Claire, Toby, Sara and Sharon
>b-but you can't, i want to go with my classmates
fuck you kondo

Poor man's Laura Bailey

エマ ミルスティン

She's not better than anything.

not bad,
you should put more CS characters in it.