Games should costs 120$

Games should costs 120$

Todays games are much better, needs much more work hours than games from the last decade, 60 is simply not enough to pay for these experiences.

Games on PC should cost more to pay for the damages piracy causes.

As a succesful indie developer Im 100% sure that I know more about things like this than any of you

post more cute lolis

Youre stupid
Youre stupider

ain't nothing wrong with liking fresh meat

100% agree. The neets on here that have never coded a thing in their pathetic lives have no idea what kind of time and money sink making a video game is. Oh, and expect and even bigger backlash if you don't conform to their reactionary standards

3D IS SHIT DONT CALL THOSE ABOMINATIONS LOLIS

>As a succesful indie developer
Which successful game did you make and what was its price?

It's almost like you want people to pirate more

don't be a fucking mouthbreather, everyone knows what I meant so just get to posting
2D is fine too

>I only try to fuck cartoon simulacra because I have literal brain damage from repeated rejections and I'm completely unattached from reality.

It was 20$ and sold nearly 1500 copies on steam

Go for it bro, price your game at 120. Your sales will dictate the direction of the market and if that's a viable option or not. Free market and all that

In my country (Croatia) games cost roughly around 100$. That's why only rich kids and manchildren own consoles, while PC gamers only pirate. (Most people earn 600-900$ a month) One half of the salary goes on bills and/or rent and the other half goes on food and paying off loans.

What OP said, but unironically and only for actual games with big publishers. Indie trash should be much cheaper than it is now.

Africa doesnt count

Shit bait desu senpai, you will learn how to bait in matter of weeks so keep it up.

>Video game industry is already ridiculously profitable

Nah go fuck yourself. If you continue to raise prices I'll just pirate everything.

First part meant for op

>1500 copies
>Successful

You didn't answer the question

So how many copies do you think it would have sold at $120?

Same here, only here most people earn $250-$400 per month. So yeah, it doesn't seem likely that people will ever buy games around here.

butterface

Sorry, no (You) for you.

Nobody is going to pay more then 60, so enjoy your focus on lootboxes, online play, and tons of DLC... and that's exactly what's happening.

Good thing no one gives a fuck about the development, faggot.

>1500 copies sold
>He thinks it's succesfull
C'mon on stop dreaming you failed as a game maker accept the truth

Games should costs 240$

Todays games are much better, needs much more work hours than games from the last decade, 120 is simply not enough to pay for these experiences.

Games on PC should cost more to pay for the damages piracy causes.

As a succesful indie developer Im 100% sure that I know more about things like this than any of you

>1500 copies
>indie game
>ONLY 1500 copies
For fuck's sake my books sell more and they are fucking books, not a media like vidya that usually sells tens of thousands of units.

but every pc game is free to play, it just takes longer to come out

>Nobody is going to pay more then 60
Ahahahahahaha!

When I pay for something, I just want it to be worth its value, nothing more, nothing less. Unless you craft the literal masterpiece of the decade it's not going to be worth 120$, so you can kindly fuck off.

Or maybe publishers could concentrate less on huge marketing campaigns.

Nobody is paying more then 60$ though, aside from Gold and Silver editions and that's what I was talking about in the first place.

You could make a gay furry VN with a 100$ budget and it would sell more than that

No game to me is worth 60$. I can't even think of a game that I would pay 20$ for. Maybe DBZF.

@407311026
>games should costs
Stopped reading there, ban all third world shitskins. Not even worth a (You).

No you weren't, but nice attempt at damage control. Maybe throw in something about games being "more expensive to develop" next time as well for some well rounded bait.

>Wanting to be attached to the Demiurge's world
RESIST

This. Fuck third worlders.

LEARN ENGLISH OR LEAVE

Why eastern europeans are so pure? Great places with great people, I want to be one of you.

and you're one off

Is this the most retarded strawman ever conceived?

Then I'll just pirate games

How does it feel that other indie developers aren't saying stupid shit like what you are and are selling far more copies than you are?

Games should cost 50 million dollars per copy, after all that's how much it cost to make it so you are only paying wholesale price.

>I don't know what a strawman is
You sure don't, kiddo. You sure don't.

>60 is simply not enough to pay for these experiences.
But its enough for companies to make millions of profit easily without much effort but focusing on visuals.

Games are trash. Stories arent even b-movie tier and they're filled to the brim with "keeping you busy" nonsense like endless walking, fetch quests or collectibles, just to justify the 60 price tag.
And desu, its hardly ever justified. Thats why AAA companies focus on visuals alone while leaving the gameplay pretty much untouched. Because thats all you idiots need to eat it up.

Whats worse is that you celebrate trash. Look at BOTW, a game literally filled with needing to walk 10mins to solve a 10second korok puzzle or a three minute shrine, gets 10/10s and is celebrated as the best game ever.

And THE WORST of all is that games are so bad, people dont even look back and get excited for stories, or things they might learn in games, no they celebrate the time they get to waste.
>ive put 150hrs into this game already, with this dlc i'll probably put in another 50 or so
yout time on earth is limited. celebrating the time you get to waste away as the main draw, really shows why games are such a shit medium.

And now you want even more money for this trash? Laughable.

>How to sell less copies than Lawbreakers

Movies should costs 120$

Todays movies are much better, needs much more work hours than movies from the last decade, 60 is simply not enough to pay for these experiences.

Watching movies in a cinema should cost more to pay for the damages piracy causes.

As a succesful indie director Im 100% sure that I know more about things like this than any of you

>Wanting to fuck cartoons as a coping mechanism due to rejection is resisting the demiurge.

nice pic user-kun

stay peabrained, cattle

Okay but let me buy the version of FighterZ that's just the arcade mode, it's all I need

No. Go away.

(you)

>Games on PC should cost more to pay for the damages piracy causes.
why do people still believe this
the only people who pirate are people who weren't going to buy the game in the first place (usually cheapskates and people who don't buy much at all) and people with almost no money at all (poor people and kids with no allowance or anything)
if piracy didn't exist, I highly doubt a large number of pirates would just start up and buying games, especially the ones who don't fucking have the money to buy it

>Implying wanting to fuck cartoons isn't a giant middle finger to Saklas, or the blind leading the blind.

Games should costs 00$

Todays games are much better, needs much more work hours than games from the last decade, pirating is simply not enough to pay for these experiences.

Games on PC should be free for the time people spend on piracy.

As a cheap poor NIGGER. Im 100% sure that I know more about things like this than any of you

>People aren't going to pay fuckall for games. The trend is DLC, online-focus, lootboxes, etc.
>"People pay more for special editions."
>I didn't specifically mention those by name but those too.
>"No! No, you didn't mean those! Next time talk about development costs for good bait!"
That was the point where you started making up your own bullshit argument to refute.

>inflate production costs by chasing the graphics leprechaun or whatever other retarded gimmick your marketing department thinks is the hottest shit this year
>waste production time through aggravating managerial incompetence and outsourcing to cheap code monkeys that keep QA on crunch time 25/7
>$100.000.000.000 marketing budget because that's how Hollywood does it
>if a game doesn't sell infinite copies in the first week it's a failure
>rake in obscene heaps of cash by exploiting addictive personality types because it's technically not gambling
>ride the asses of legitimate customers with intrusive DRM and treat them like criminals on parole
>cut corners until the product becomes perfectly spherical then cut that in half and sell it as DLC
>baaaw we can't afford to maek gaem pls gib moar green
A pirate's life for me.

Making an indie game seems hard.
Lots of time and skills needed for random chance of any meaningful return.
I still want to do it

which game you dumb fuck

this but unironically
there is nothing wrong with being an nigger

I think if the industry policed itself like it does with the rating system but with regards to lootboxes, DLC and microtransactions then I would agree that prices should be more variable and exceed the $60 norm.
That's a pretty big if though.

I agree.

Oh, you really weren't baiting, you were just retarded the whole time. My bad, carry on.

fuck off you worthless retard

>It was 20$
Why didn't you sell it at 120$ faggot? Weren't you trying to make a point?

You are lying on the internet you fucking nigger. You are in the EU, 60 euro is max price you pay for games on Steam, since there's no kuna on steam. On Playstation Store, games cost 450 kuna, which is 60 euro. Kill yourself you fucking dog.

It isn't because you would roll back into service the second a cute 3D gave you the time of day. You're forced to live outside the Perfect Scintillation because you're weak.

I played literally every single game worth mentioning in the last 20 years and i never bought a single one. The power of piracy and emulators, son. I had a pause last few years waiting for ps4 to get hacked but now this trend can continue. If i am already wasting my life i dont want to pay for that. But please continue your support for shity practices and games that takes 5 years to make and are worse then ever..

Suffering either purifies you or sends you into a descent towards the heart of darkness, where you become essentially sub-human. Majority of eastern europeans are the latter, there's only so much a human being that is unprepared to this can take. There is the minority though, they are great people that hang on by the skin of their teeth and hold evil in utter contempt.

I live in said shithole and that is simply not true kek. Games cost same as in western Europe which on pc is 50 or 60 yuropoors. On consoles I am not sure but if it is more expensive then just order from amazon uk, its 2 days delivery. And most people earn around thousand bucks at least per month though.
Dont. Its africa with electricity.

How do you show your friends what you're playing?

$60 is not even worth the 7 hours of gameplay the average cinematic game is giving you.
>Games on pc should cost more to pay for the damage piracy causes
So you're saying payfags should suffer because of the people that aren't?
You're dumb as shit.

You can share screenshots and videos without resorting to third party platforms to do it for you.

I may or I may not. I plan on returning to the Pleroma, and nothing is going to stop this soul.

Well my friends finished collage and have wife's and jobs. They dont play video games.

>collage

>wife's

Serbia?
I mean its bearable beause the government doesnt care about the game piracy and wont fine you like in germany. But if they started then then fuck them, make my living standard same as germany and then I'll buy games and pay taxes to you kikes.

You would, without question. This is why you won't be permitted into a nirvanic world.

Maybe you should have finished grade school.

Stop buying games in stores faggot, steam has the same prices for us as the rest of the first worlders for some reason but it's def not 100yuro

>friends

He might have been working on a collage user.

i wouldnt mind paying $120 for games if they were good
but 99.99% of games arent even worth $1.20

I don't need permission.

>99.99% of games arent even worth $1.20
Must suck to be such a faggot all the time.

That's a pretty shitty opinion you've got there, mate.

Funny how these wastes of money never enter the discussion and when you bring them up they are ignored. Literally no one gives a shit if you have Robert Downey JR in your commercial if the game is shit.

>Games should costs 120$
maybe, but that sticc should be pregnant

not everything is right in the world, and sometimes that is to our personal benefit.

You will once I'm done with you.

Do it. I'll ride you like Mithras rode the bull.

If anything, games should be free to play. They're already packed with microtrasnactions and lootboxes up the ass.

I think video games should be banned

This but unironically.

>3dpd
>loli
I guess undertale really is a roguelike bullet-hell then, huh.

Maybe once you're asshole is torn asunder and you're backed-up with my seed, you'll see the error of your ways—the Light welcomes all.

Videogames should cost whatever the market is willing to pay for them.
You say your game should cost 120 dollars, I say "what makes your game worth 120 dollars? Why should i buy that game over a similar one that is only 60 dollars?".

As a creator of videogames, I would just be happy that someone took the time to try out something I made, whether they paid for it or not.
I've studied business at degree level and I can tell you this. It it virtually impossible to stand out and get noticed by people in the modern age. You have to be worth their time. If you dont have a good product to sell, then dont bother.

This. Videogames are the real cancer.

Never! I have no desire for this imperfect flesh. Do what you will to it, I will never go against my principles.

>Gen 2 $60
>Gen 3 $60
>Gen 4 $60
>Gen 5 $60
>Gen 6 $60
>Gen 7 $60
>Gen 8 ....

Whoa guys! Now all of a sudden it should cost more even thought games have progressed 100fold since they were first sold and the price has never gone up. Noooow they cost too much to make! This isnt just another way to fuck you or anything!

There is no excuse for them being more than $60, Atari games cost $60 and so did 360 games and the production cost is thousands of times higher for the latter

They literally live in the sewers

This teaches humility tho.
And that's a pro. Plus you drinking habits make me look normal
>Dont. Its africa with electricity.
Italy it's not that different, the only money we have more than you guys goes to the process of amerimuttizitation of the country

Will I ever be accepted in your countries if I show respect for your culture and people?

Here is one simple chart to debuke this nonsense.

>As a succesful indie developer Im 100% sure that I know more about things like this than any of you
Well, there is nothing stopping you from pricing your games 120 dollars. Go ahead.

Croatia here.
Buy online you faggot, and wait for sales.
What I do is pirate shit I wanna play straight away and buy it when the ale roll around.

It's their fault is some of them are poor? Rather live in a sewer than fucking california or New York. I had a chance to go to work and live there, I'd rather fucking die. America is overhyped and got shit compared to the quality of people you can find in east euro countries

I almost never buy games above 30 euros/dollars. With the exception of perhaps what I believe will become the game of the year.

So go ahead and price it 120 dollars and see what happens.

This
Well no1 we don't live in sewers (???) and no2 I've been to both UA and UK. I wouldn't wanna live in either. UK is probably better but it doessn't have the eastern eauropean compfy.

We can always emulate old games user.

I'm fucking dying top kek

I drink only once a year to celebrate an important occasion. I am a part of the minority I spoke of. You don't need to grind someone down into madness with pain to teach them humility.

Ofc. Dalmatian culture is similar to Italian and there are already a lot of Italians living in Istria. We are pretty compactible. Only possible problem is the color of your skin, if you are from south and brown they might mistake you for an arab.

Because you've never been there or lived there you stupid fucking American/Western Yuropean. You'd run to your countries embassy after a week banging on the gates begging to be taken back home.

Stop browsing the internet so much and get real

You tell them?

If games should cost $120 then what should the limited edition GOTY collector's case version of the game cost? $500?

This. I'd actually build a good PC to steal at that point

Exactly. You can call it gray, but you will always hear the best stories on how life was during eastern block/Soviet Union/Yugoslavia, how it was different and how a lot of stuff changed. People there are not numbed dreamers like in the US, they don't take bullshit from anyone and are really happy to share their misery with you if they are in a good mood. People there are true as fuck, fake smiles only come scammers. It's not pretty, but it's true. Honestly it's the only place around here that is still untouched by american plastic fakeness

what's the name of your game so i can pirate it?

But that's what they already cost if you want the full game with the DLC and whatnot.

>Todays games are much better
lol

This might be bait, but I've seen people actually argue this unironically. Especially related to indie games.

Developers are not your friends. They make a product. If that product isn't priced fairly, people will go somewhere else. Considering how unfinished, buggy and watered down games are nowadays, they won't justify the price tag by a long shot. For 120 bucks they better come with free blowjobs and pudding, which they won't.

>Games should cost 120 do-

You passed (for now), but you're starting to slip. Next time, there will be no jest—it will be Samael.

>120$
If you're going to keep posting this bait at least put the $ in the right place.

But what was the game?

Nigga please. Games don't have to be bigger badder and so fucken complicated. Just make the fucken thing fun. That's all we want. Graphics have been the only thing raising the cost to the rediculous movie budget we see these days. Games haven't innovated better AI, were still dealing with the same scripted bullshit we dealt with im the 90s. It's just cleverly hidden.

>an nigger
Too much

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No

We do pay that in Aus, paid $200 for the DBFZ statue editon, same in murica?

>Todays games are much better, needs much more work hours than games from the last decade, 60 is simply not enough to pay for these experiences.

half or more of that cost goes to PR guys and marketing. first thing triple A companies should do is to fire those useless assholes, give devs full freedom over projects and cut development budget and time so that the final product would be profitable in the end. I'd rather play awesome AA game than any triple A shit produced by over-payed assholes in activistion, EA, ubisoft or sony.

Im also from Croatia and game are max 60€ but here is the problem:

salary in normal EU country is like 2500 €
salary in Croatia is like 500€

I dont know why eastern europe doesnt have its own special pricing on Steam because fucking hell we can't pay western EU prices for our games

>Steam GAMES
>Copies

You're the kind of guy that just presses "YES" huh?

Yes, Serbia. Government here pretty much doesn't give a single fuck about piracy, especially for foreign products. Makes everything a lot easier, I don't even need to run a proxy to download something safely. Life's heaven here pirating wise.

This. Games are fine at the price they are now. It's just publishers with big names that can control development to include lootboxes and microtransactions in free to play games.
Just stop buying AAA games.

The problem is related to most consumer goods that come from the west mate. You were better off with tito, let's be honest here

>Games should costs 120$
They do after dlc and microtransactions.

Market equilibrium, look it up.

>I earn less money so game devs should get less money from me
Anyway if you guys ever got something like this it would be exploited and steam would suddenly have a lot more """""croatian"""""" users

Well at least devs will get some money, no one buys games here everyone pirates. If games would cost 20€ insted 60€ many people would buy them.

Xbox's stategy with game pass is trying to prove that with 1. An increased player base due to lower barrier of entry and 2. A healthy and consumer friendly micro transaction system are more profitable than a 60$ game. Just look at how much money halo 5 made in micro transactions. It's insane honestly.