Enemy is fast

>enemy is fast
>it's already too late

what game is this so I can avoid it forever

>Real Time with Pause

Come back when you have a fun battle system.

looks like Pillars of Eternity

t. brainlet

>don't use the instant casts before starting casting shit with recovery time
>complain about getting swarmed

Git gud.

>people unironically love this """gameplay"""
autists...no, just fucking retards

Medically certified brainlets.

RTwP is by far the worst type of gameplay an RPG can have.

Either go full real time or turn-based.

Are you one of those autists who can never challange yourselves and if an option to cheat or cheap out you obssesively use it?

This redditor speaks the truth.

i thought Cred Forums liked dragon age origins

I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins, but Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale (in particular the later, by far) demand a level of control that simply makes RTwP too annoying. Especially since you may be controlling up to six characters at a time.

you should really play dragon age origins

Dragon Age Origins with mods is amazing
>pic rel lesbian mod

you can play origins almost completely like an action game.

>demand a level of control that simply makes RTwP too annoying. Especially since you may be controlling up to six characters at a time.
I wish more people were as self aware as you, instead of just going
>I can't handle it, ergo, it is bad.

>people actually defending RTwP
>"It's dated and shitty, so it's good"
OH NO NO NO

You actually quoted me in one of those "I can't handle it". It's not that I can't handle it, it's just that it is not fun. There's nothing RTwP does better than either turn-based or real time. Nothing at all.

It's like trying to control a special ed class.

Why would you be going solo?

Can someone explain to me the hate for RTwP? I'd personally prefer turn based but it isn't that fucking bad.

>just bought Tyrany on sale
>want to see the cool world, blast on some niggas, put them rebels in their place
>RTwP makes every fucking encounter like playing a fucking strategy game
>onto easy it goes, fuck pausing

Bet you RTwP people preffer pathfinder over 5e.

TECHNICALLY, RTwP is the best for strategy if the game actually exploits its virtues with complex 3D levels, good physics and, most importantly, GOOD FUCKING AI (both enemy and ally).
7.62 High Calibre and Company of Heroes are GREAT examples of this, and FAR superior to ANY turn based combat.
But sadly the vast majority of RTwP RPGs had beyond awful gameplay, like BG, IWD or, now, PoE, and so these people get the wrong idea of RTwP being terrible. They are like the ignorants and weeaboos who only have played JRPGs and think turn based combat is terrible, or even worse, they think JRPG gameplay is OK, because they know nothing better.

When did this real time with pause meme start on Cred Forums? Been here for fucking ages and I've seen this shit pop up the past 2 days. I've seen threads calling shit out as "real time with pause" and whatnot only in the past 2 days.

Is it the same fuckhead doing this or something?

*Insta kills your human GF unit*

Watchu gunna do wh*itey meat boy?

It's literally just bait to get a PoE/CRPG thread going.

rtwp owns

poe is fucking garbage

Small group of PoE fans shilling their games and a large group of people who tried it because of the hype and couldn't get past the combat system.
There's no right or wrong opinions here as it's all preference but since it's Cred Forums it's just a bunch of shit flinging because no one is being reasonable.

Everything you said is wrong. It's actually impressive.

Nice argument, faggot.

only your retarded shills like dragon age and mass effects

Scary thought wondering what that shit does inside of the tanks.