SMT V in full scale development

personacentral.com/full-scale-development-shin-megami-tensei-v-started/
>At the start, the production of this project only had a few people at its core, with more and more people gradually becoming involved. Although this number is still increasing, I feel that the production staff has come together considerably to a point—and reaching a milestone—where we can say we’ve started full-scale development.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/944584489153335298/photo/1
youtube.com/watch?v=onwgXCnEy0s
youtube.com/watch?v=YqdkZpa3UiQ&list=PLdNvglNnmQw6Ui9zLF5yvGreAMwasVkRK&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=bvyCAFV9MbM
youtube.com/watch?v=TepXZN3Pw8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>At the start, the production of this project only had a few people at its core
Oh yeah, this is going to be shit.

>It is a relatively common occurrence that when a project in Japan heavily involving horror or the occult is in the works, staff members should perform a harae ritual at a Shinto shrine for its success and to be “purified.”

>In 2013, Atlus staff members reportedly stated that they had not performed their annual event for this before the release of Shin Megami Tensei IV in May 2013. The rumor that circulated because of this—and what Atlus staff joked about—is that injuries/accidents to the development team and the ensuing Index bankruptcy was due to the curse of demons and evil spirits.

Maybe this'll finally be the second good mainline title.

SJ is mainline though

Please don't be on Switch.

This is how Atlus does there games. They are small company so they usually only gather their head staff to work on projects. Once the project grows in size they add more staff workers to compensate. For example I think the original etrian odyssey was only made with 6 people.

I guess. Why are the only good ones the ones without numbers? 1 and 2 are shit and need to be remade, and 4 was garbage.

>SMT V in full scale development
Good.
Can't wait for 2021 release.

Nocturne was called 3 in japan
4 was alright

Nocturne had a number, so I guess your favorite is If...?

so pretty...

i could lose myself in her beauty... she reminds me of myself so much...

Wouldn't full scale development mean it gets done faster?

>Paying to use Cred Forums

>meanwhile the real devs are working on this

>doesn't even have a name
>apparently the main focus of the company
ebin

>1,2 and 4 are on nintendo consoles
>4 is the best but he says it is garbage
>but 3 was awesome!!
HMMMMMMMMM.... let me guess, still salty?

the english logo looks like shit. leave it in japanese.

It's time to stop

That disgusting Switch logo ruins everything.

Man her design is already better than 90% of recent RPG characters.

Oh my god the salt this game caused and will cause.
Denialfags will grasp at everything to try and say that p5 is better than smtV.
It will be BotW all over again.

>anime elf in armor
>woah this is revolutionary

>Isekai: The Video Game
based fatlus

>plate armor
It's shit.

>re concepts

It better not be

that's the point
everyone else is doing retarded modern nu-anime designs
atlus is going back to old school fantasy

so 2020 ?

>still no release date
>still no gameplay
>still no real info
t-thanks

>atlus is going back to old school fantasy
They explicitly said they’re not going to do that, and want to create their own type of fantasy story/game

They literally just started

So do we hate SMTV upfront because P5 got too popular?

nobody's hating but you

>407316121
>""""""""""we"""""""""""""

How about you turn down your shitposting a notch

IT WILL BE ON GLORIOUS PS4
JUST WAIT AND SEE
IT'S NOT LIKE NINTENDO GAMES ARE GOOD OR WE ARE STARVING FOR GOOD GAMES THAT ARE NOT MOVIES

Don’t forget that it’s on Shitch, so it will be dumbed down with half assed graphics/world. What a waste.

>teased years ago and the main focus of the Atlus devs
>SMT V just started full development and already has a in engine trailer
How long will it take this shit to be released and inevitably be ported to PS5?

Nice bait

As long as Persona 5 took I wager, but it will be just as much of a hit.

PERSOYNA IS SHIT THOUGH

T. BUTTHURT PERSOYNAFAG

>teased years ago
>literaly revealed as a teaser trailer during January 2017, ONE (1) year ago
Nice shitposting there

Re Fantasy is being developed by Hashino’s new studio. SMT has its own team, as does Persona.

based

Please don't be exclusive to switch. I don't want to have to buy a bing-bing-wahoo machine just to play one game

On a similar note, I'm kind of glad SMTxFE turned out the way it did because I didn't have to spend money for a Wii U

>SMTxFE turned out the way it did
But SMTxFE was one of the best JRPGs of that year.

If you can’t find any japanese games to play on Switch then I don’t know how a PS4 is any better. I don’t even like Mario or Zelda.

Please get some taste.

>current state of Cred Forums
>current state of Cred Forums

Every other JRPG released that year was better

>At the start, the production of this project only had a few people at its core
So they expected it the switch to flop and didnt really bother much

Doesn't mean shit is coming out anytime soon.

Atlus? I need another exclusive

Looks like we need some hoy in here

>just want to see more concept art at this point

Guy you're replying to is baiting or retarded.

MOST projects start with a few people then expand to hundreds once the actual conceptual stage is passed. This is why the b-but it's a beta! fags are so insufferable. By that point it's impossible to fundamentally change the game so if it's shit by the time it gets to beta (beyond a few bugs or performance issues) it aint gonna get better

By the time SMT releases there will be plenty to play for you. No need to buy a Switch now.

I get the feeling there's gonna be a twist of some kind that it's actually set in modern day or something or it's an mmo like SAO or some shit.

I have nothing to back it up but i don't think they'll do a straight forward swords and sorcery tolkein/D&D fantasy RPG

knowing how much of a hack Hashino is, he will probably pull an Isekai or EO on us

So which game should I play first you fags

>EO
that would be neat though

>straight forward swords and sorcery tolkein/D&D fantasy RPG
that's the whole point of the game

Holy fuck Im hyped for this one

It seems like its going to be reverse isekai, judging from the most recent trailer. I personally hope it has nothing to do with that shit but we’ll see.

I'm aware. I'm just saying that I don't believe it'll just be a generic fantasy RPG.

This for example is more the lines i'm thinking on

Looks generic crap
Could be amazing but we know NOTHING about it so Im sorry but it does not qualify as good shitposting console war material yet

Haven't you seen the most recent trailer with photos of a modern day city and the usual SMT/Persona drivel about the constraints of today's society? I know it's all still just concept art, but unless they pull another TMS-tier bait and switch then yeah, it's going to have something to do with isekai.

honestly other than the reveal announcement i tend to stay away from promotional material from games i'm interested in and i've not seen Cred Forums discuss re fantasy for a long time.

They had to change the concept because Yoko Taro begged them

i want to pet my demons like in pokémon

SJ is the best, Nocturne is the second best.

Don't responding to 4babies

>want to talk about smt/persona
>every thread is filled with console war bullshit between nintentoddlers & sonybros

Post more hoys to repel the soys

Strange Journey added fake Yukiko
Apocalypse added fake Koromaru
What will 5 add?

>fake koromaru

>tfw no hoy bf

It means. And also he said before since they are using UE4, development time alone was cut considerably because of that
Theyve been working on it for a while. On december interview he said they were in scrap and build phase,testing combat etc

That reminds me
Do you think the obvious heroine in the trailer will be a support like in SMT4/A or will she be a party member like in SMT1/2

Such as?

I hope she's a party member. I want six party members again.

Xenoblade X
Bravely Second
Disgaea 5

>nigger is sad that a series he likes isn't on the niggerstation 4
Heh

>Braverly Second

Xenoblade X is 2015.

>Apocalypse added fake Koromaru
who

So is TMS
It's better than TMS

Who will release their new fantasy arpg IP first, Atlus or Monolith Soft?

This.
Best 3D Megaten too.

HOY
MORE LIKE SOY

>forced to buy shitty Switch
At least I hope for new Bravely game

At least Atlus has completed character designs
>what is octopath

Too bad it's on a dead console nobody bought. Emulation when?

>At least Atlus has completed character designs
We literally didn't even know a thing about XC2 until 9 months before it came out.
For all we know Monolith Soft's ARPG is coming out this year or next year with Nintendo just being tight lipped.

Just a matter of time.

they will re-release it on ps4 soon

Monolith

>Generic Knight Elf

>BUT SHE'S A REDHEAD, HOLY SHIT. BETTER THAN 90% OF ARR PEE GEE

It's generic as fuck, bozo. She looks good cause Atlus' character designer knows how to make appealing characters.

Gonna be 30 and have a child by the time this comes out.

twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/944584489153335298/photo/1

gimm a link to te full image

>SMTfags claim to care about gameplay
>SMTfags also think SMT 4A is the worst (despite having the best gameplay in the series) because of "muh characters and muh routes"
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just as soon as it comes to PC too.

Development time will probably be similar to SMT 3.

So if they've entered full development now, expect a 2019 Japan release and if Sega/Atlus USA aren't just sitting around with their thumb up their asses maybe on the following if not same year.

It's garbage, the face is the only good part
just fap to that

Walter a shit and Chaos is for faggots

stop fucking with me and give me the artist name

>SMTfags also think SMT 4A is the worst
citation needed
Only forced friendship is problem of SMT 4A.
It's ruin demon ending too.

I don't havea poblem with the switch, it's jsut none of the games I play will be release don it beides this. I think Nintendo will find themselves in a similar situation as the Wii U as th net gen of consoles will be announced next year and they will be 2 gens behind tech wise.

>that Atlus Superstars 3 doujin will never get translated
>half of the games won't get translated

But people admit the gameplay is good but the characters are shit, sort of like a semi inverse of IV except IV's characters are also subjective thinking about it.

It's Nocturnebabbies who constantly cry about 4A.

you're being baited, that's the full image

>six party members with press turn
Madness

I've only played IV, SJ and IV: A and I constantly cry about IV:A.

But if gameplay is the only thing that matters like you guys love to claim, then that should mean the majority of the fanbase considers 4A the best

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

Remaster of 1, 2 and if... when?

Hello.
Yeah pretty much. A shame that other elements drag it down but gameplay wise it's the thing later entries should strive to improve on even more.

They won't even make proper ports

im sated

my sides

Who gives a shit, its a Switch game.
It'll be Persona levels of garbage. SMT is dead.
It died on the PS2.

>voice acting
>new ending
>Shoehorned cute female
Just give me a translation of IF and devil summoner

Nanashi is cute. CUTE!

????????????????????

I like P5 and I'm looking forward to SMTV.

Sour grapes

I liked 4A personally. You can argue about character development or it's shonen like story direction but the game play is fine to me.

I think Atlus is trying to address the common criticism of the mainline series and try to flesh out the plot line and characters more but they just selected the wrong direction with it.

Beth and Tamaki existed before and they're total qts.

The story seemed more rushed than anything to me
It was originally just going to be SMT4:Maniax so that could explain it

Nah Final was great. Say what you want about the cast but Dadga and the antagonists were GOAT.

They should add persona tier dialogues or more real interactions with characters in 4A. This betray looks retarded and out of ass. Same for forced friendship mambo jambo.

Megumin is still fuckable there...

if that belt there isn't holding about a tub of a gut

nocturnigger that happens to have a strange form of autism where he starts crying everytime he sees a protable device

You know what I mean in the case of atlus ports

Persona 5 isn't on a portable and it still managed to suck ass.

P5 is GOTY

Nah.

>No chaos loli route
5 better not disappoint

why isn't on pc or ps4? third party exclusives are cancer

I also want to follow up with that whoever voiced Krishna, they should reuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=onwgXCnEy0s

Happy the same composer is returning.

Why is Koduka much better than Meguro in any unimaginable way?

>Masuko's never coming back
Least Kozuka's good.

>Almost everything on Cred Forums these days revolves around politics, console wars and Wojak edits

Are RPGs the best genre for handheld gaming?

deffo

>"gameplay" only refers to combat

Are we going to pretend the dungeon design in both 4 and 4A don't suck ass now?

Majin Tensei 3 WHEN FUCK?

youtube.com/watch?v=YqdkZpa3UiQ&list=PLdNvglNnmQw6Ui9zLF5yvGreAMwasVkRK&index=6

Especially SRPGs. DeSu 2 just felt right on the 3DS

>literally a log in a kimono
Devil summoner designs are so fucking stupid and I love them

no

>genre that you can literally, if it's on a handheld, put down at a moment's notice because it's turn based
>is it good for handhelds?
It's a pretty natural fit, yeah. Doesn't hurt that shiny spectacle and other such things you'd need a lot of horsepower for aren't a big reason why people play them.

Nocturne is more of a spinoff. It doesnt even have chaos law alignments.

>labo was just a brief reprieve of it all

>we can say we’ve started full-scale development
So, another 2 years before it will be playable in english.

>Nocturne is more of a spinoff

Finally

>Doesn't hurt that shiny spectacle and other such things you'd need a lot of horsepower for aren't a big reason why people play them
But we can have both with the Switch. Grinding and sidequests in handheld and main quest+cutscenes on TV.

>Majin Tensei 3
>without Hidehito Aoki

what's even the point ;_;

and another year or two after that when it will be released in the UK, where I live.

Yes it is. Its less mainline themed than SJ. Lets not fool ourselves. SJ feels more like the third smt, and smt nocturne feels more like one of the many many ps2 spinoffs

While I don't agree with that anons auggestion that it's a spinoff Nocturne is easily the blackest sheep and the most experimental of the mainline games

>They want it to have the portable appeal of IV and IVA
What did he mean by this?

What happened in 2017 lmao?

Sony went from being the gaming supreme overlord with all the exclusives and monopolizing all the good shit to a fucking peasant beggar that is forced to share their scraps with steam in less than 12 months?

That its switch exclusive.

both were at portable SYSTEMS

They put it on a portable

Why not just import a US version nigga?

handheld is not the only word they can use right?

Certain gameplay mechanics such as Saving whereever or having the Cathedral of Shadows always with you instead of being spread around the world.
Basically Pick up and play design philosophy

>can play comfy in bed
>can play on the go
>no *dad walks in* while using a giant green dick to beat down a 30ft giantess with 7 tits

I haven't played any SMT or Persona game yet, why can't people like both?

I do

truly nintendo is the best fanbase on Cred Forums...

Some of the dungeons in Final were good like The Well.

1) people will argue about anything
2) a spinoff getting popular enough to outshine the originals entirely is bound to result in anal anguish

SMT autists are butthurt that the dumbed-down weeb pandering tropey animu version of the series is a thousand times more popular than the real thing. I like SMT better than Persona but I still like Persona.

Both sides believe that one being successful/liked means the other side will be forgotten by Atlus.
Basically the fear that their series will be a thing of the past even though that's not possible with either.

And most, maybe 3/4s like both series anyways so it's just mostly shitposting or trying to get a ruse out of the respective camps

Sonyfags SEETHING

its not, kys SJ cuck

> dumbed-down weeb pandering tropey animu version of the series
that's smt

>Own both a switch and a ps4
>Enjoyed p5
>Will enjoy this
shitposting isn't healthy, kids

/ourmessiah/ has come

One is a comfy VN with an extremely simple dungeon crawler attached to it. High budget.

The other is a good jrpg. Lower budget.

I dont resent Persona series for being popular or for stealing the "budget", thats retarded. But Persona series is simply a mediocre vn with a bad dungeon crawler. I still finished it because I consume every SMT related shit, but I dont really enjoy them. Music is good tho

>anniversary stream
>literal unironic official confirmation that if, NINE, SJ and Apocalypse are all mainline
Stay mad

That has literally nothing to do with SMT anymore though. Persona is more SMT than that.

>bought a Wii U with #FE when it released
>didn't regret it

>Being a disgusting Neutralfag

that game good?

In the meantime, we can enjoy the remaster of SMT Strange Journey, due to come out in May :)

>all the mainline games are clearly ordered and numbered at some point even if not explicitly on release
>mainline games are all featured in the 25th anniversary logo
But by all means lets pretend SJ is SMTIV despite the clear existence of SMTIV

Why do you think they take 5 years to make a game? P5 was just a wierd situation where the game was done, then they needed to port it.

Pretty good

Pretty good

Where did this consol wad b.s. even come from? I don't remember this shit prior to p5...

Sure

Pretty good

Name one 3rd party exclusive that's not from atlus

Then you have a bad memory, it was a lot worse for that
People were grasping at straws with SMTV because even though the initial teaser was at a nintendo presentation and uploaded to nintendo's youtube channel, it was listed on their website as 'SMT HD project'

>They are small company

Late reply but this isn't true anymore.

The DOOM beta was considered dogshit by everyone, but when the full game came out everyone loved it

Well, persona went on hiatus for almost 10 years after p4, no shit

user my friend why deprive yourself of a console? Pick a few games you want and join us. Sony or steam won't be mad at you for it

It's only western fanbase problem. You know subculture/console wars.

Hell yea motherfucker
(Hell yea motherfucker)

The inclusion of NINE was a bait and switch because just before it the intro theme for Nocturne starts playing which is what everyone expected to come after If.
Then later they showed SJ because, duh, a new game comes out

sauce?

No, they had this chart showing all the mainline game covers, they were all there
There was also both the standard and maniax versions of nocturne

It mostly has to do with Persona being Sony exclusive and SMT being Nintendo exclusive.

There is no WE you cuck.
I liked all persona and smt games that I played.

I also don't give a shit what some anonymous bug men think or say about anything.

maybe they'll use the support party system from Apocalypse

Ohnonononono

By the time this actually come out emulation will be ready for ir, don't worry

DOOM isn't a good example. They didn't make any huge sweeping changes to the game after the beta, people just finally got to play the singleplayer campaign instead of the multiplayer everyone was shitting on.

Begone Chaoshitters.

Best girl.

eh
I wonder how that would work in 3D though
If she just stands behind you or some shit it'll look fuxking dumb

>Hell yea motherfucker
>(Hell yea motherfucker)
I gotchu famalamadingdong

>I wonder how that would work in 3D though
Duo arts from #FE

GIMME YER TURNS FUCCBOI

Thank you, Gaston

>notices u fighting a phys resistant demon
OwO what is this

It might not be a numbered mainline but it is mainline

>lets pretend SJ is SMTIV
No one is saying that. If..., NINE, SJ and Apocalypse are mainline and that's a fact.

>tfw no DDS aesthetic ever again
I want to be the demon damn it

wow can't wait till 2020 where ill turn my Switch on again

Thank god piracy will be a thing.

It'll probably be shit because Apocalypse was shit.

Raidou 3 when?

People really hate Nocturne for unknown reason.
>muh alignments
it's like you prefer copypaste instead of something new

Not mainline = trash!

>Nintendo helps pay for SMTV development
>okay Atlus, now give it to everyone else anyways
Uhhh

When will we get another Megaten spin off

let's not pretend non-TDE endings aren't all the same, it's even worse than mass effect 3
and then TDE is just a lame dungeon that goes on for way too long, only good points are lore dump and bosses

P5 was a weird situation because if it wasn't for Atlus wrestling with their internal engine it probably would have made the original 2014 release. SMTV is wisely just using unreal 4 so that's not an issue

Nocturne is the best entry though.

We just got #FE a couple of years ago

you just got this senpai

Worked for Cuphead.

Both are good. Persona is the more casual series and thus more popular, but what really starts a shitstorm is someone falsely thinking it's superior to SMT.

They'll never localize this one, will they?

never thanks to Studio Zero and P-Studio

>games in the same genre that already run at 368p
that's why

>people really hate Nocturne
A few contrarian retards on Cred Forums are not "people". Nocturne is by far the most popular/beloved SMT game.

Good
Fucking 0.5% roll rates in a gacha game

>unknown reason
>worst fusion
>worst menus and navigation
>worst overworld map

When did Cuphead leave the microsoft hemisphere tho?
Even on Steam it's locked to windows you stupid faggot

>SMT graphics mattering
>hurr switch is 144p xD
off yourself

>tfw they teased a "High-End Action Game"
>it's going to be more Persona shit instead of a new Raidou game

Fucking end this suffering

He's not wrong. Most Switch games look and/or run like shit. People just overlook it because MUH PORTABLE FOR 3 HOURS OR LESS, despite everything being worse and costing more.

It's neither

Raidou 3 developed by Platinum Games when?

That was more of an FE spinoff.
>Gacha

>playing your SMT games on a 96p console

>one game that's optimised like shit
off yourself

based

>That was more of an FE spinoff.
Except that it played nothing like a FE game.

>One game
Lad, its most of the games, even Zelda runs like shit despite having PS2 tier texturing.

>That was more of an FE spinoff.

>muh graffix
Kek

>complain
Thank god spin-offs deviate from the maingame's formula or something.

>Not being able to see shit
>Pretending it isn't a hindrance AND doesnt run like shit.

The Switch is very cinematic.

>implying an SMT game is as intensive as any of these
It'll probably look worse than P5 just due to budget alone

Ha ha, time to buy Ching Chong V!

Why the SEIZURE GIF?

>Open thread
>First thing i see is the same pics used for console war purposes
Hey havent seen this one before

smt 4 has both tho

>resolutionfags in a SMT thread
I wonder how you played Apocalypse at 240p

Considering the Switch struggles with last gen ports, its hard to believe it won't have severe issues in portable mode.

your game will be censored and localized by Treehouse

Apocalypse was shit though.
That being said, it wasn't a very intensive game and most of it was sprite based.

4A is my second favorite mainline after Nocturne. It has superior gameplay also.

>It'll probably look worse than P5 just due to budget alone
It has barely started proper development and it already looks better though.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvyCAFV9MbM

>Apocalypse was shit though.

Except that it played like a SMT game without the negotiations making your "more of a FE spinoff" statement borderline retarded.

>last gen port not made the hardware vs game built for the ground up for the Switch
Not nearly the same

Mmhhh can I sprinkle you over my fries?

It was. Its basically just threw away 4, a better game, in favor of recycling assets and areas.

It did nothing special, everything was easier, no consequence for death, the story was shit, the side cast of characters was an entourage of whiny cunts, and nothing was really surprising or well done when you already know the plot, and they humanize the immortal gods by making them stand off in a truce. Its just a giant shitshow that feels scraped together before the 3DS died.

>Disgaea 5
I wanted to like this

Even games made for the Switch are showing limitations. Mario needs model swapping and resolution scaling despite next to nothing happening on the screen. Yet it still looks like a gamecube title in HD.

>WHHHHHIIIIIIIIRRRR
>BING BING WAHOOOO
>SOOOOYYYY LLAAAABBBBOOOO

based So(n)y poster.

Persona has always been shit regardless of its popularity.
SMT games have gotten worse the closer they get to Persona (Apocalypse and its shonen jump tier characters almost ruined the game for me)

>Considering the Switch struggles with last gen ports
It doesn't. I'm going to assume you have the same 5 screenshots of LA Noire to use as proof that clearly is better in resolution and textures to try and prove a point

can't wait to play it in 2023

>despite next to nothing happening on the screen.
At least play the game before console war shitposting about it because you clearly haven't

My only complaint about the cast (truly my only complaint) was that the MC was literally a Neutralfag. What is the literal point of making an SMT game where you have already made our destiny known? I get that Apocalypse was supposed to be a game wherein we get the big Neutral ending to the game that everybody wanted, but why even bother pretending there is anything resembling a choice when his fucking jacket has lyrics to an atheistic song, he is immediately (literally senselessly) pressed to rebel against YHVH, and his demon buddy just railroads him into it?

Even better, I have a Switch and have seen many of the games first hand.

>Better resolution and textures
Not textures, that's for sure. The performance is also shit.

I beat the game though. It's already showing some stupid silly limitations on a 2017 console.

>worst overworld map
>when IV exists

>Not textures, that's for sure
nigger you are a liar

>I beat the game though.
I'm not buying it

>Threehouse hasnt touched a game since SoV
The best

>You're out hanging with your gf
>You're suddenly both raped to death by demons

What do?

Nope, the textures are shit.
I'll post my file in a second, fuck boy.

IV's was fucking Kino. Japs really lost out on the beauty of being pressed to explore an unknown and unknowable world. Although it's only a mess because foreigners don't know where Ikebukuro or Narita are on a map.

>nothing was really surprising
>Implying you called this exact scene and resulting death happening.

Really though you just sound like a bitter faggot. Only a handful of spinoffs have anything worth calling a story at all, and having whiny party members makes it all the more fun to kill them.

Holy shit, can you just fuck off already?

Smt threads are great, and you're fucking it up with your console war faggotry.

If you mean in the game in general yes its shit on all versions

They're clearly better than the PS3's though

>Like in a previous interview, Yamai reiterates that, as the first Shin Megami Tensei game for home consoles in a long time, he wants to make a game that has impressive content for television
Yeeeeah boois

>graphicsfags in a SMT thread
What happened to Cred Forums?

Hopefully they don't focus too much on docked version too much and leave portable mode looking like shit like XC2.

what happened?

Here you go, consoles been dead for 3 months so it took a while to charge

Fuck you. Stating facts isnt console warring.

>Its a demifiend episode all over again
Anything but this, holy fuck

Kimishima happened

I would love Raidou 3 but I would play an ARPG where you play as Goro.

Fucking why
He's barely a character

>Fuck you. Stating facts isnt console warring.
Being a resolutionfag in a SMT thread is though

>Stating facts isnt console warring
You're not stating facts, faggot

I think it'd be fun.

Prove it.

>STILL reposting that image even though it has not been relevant in 2+ months

Die on account of having been raped to death.

I know the game is irrelevant but it shows the power of the Switch and what first party titles can do with the amazing hardware.

Yeah and I wish XC2 spent more time on devlopment.
Hopefully they put more time on their next game (and don't outsource so much)

Console war shitposting. Expect it amplify as SMT5 gets closer to release.

>B team game
>Showing the power of the hardware
This is bait now

They're irrelevant because
1) it was patched
2) screenshots posted to social media from Switch have terrible compression

>it was patched
I'm all for dunking on shitposting retards, but was this proven anywhere? Can't seem to find any concrete evidence.

Can't wait for another persona wannabe entry on the SMT franchise that hasn't seen a good game in almost a decade.

>B team
What?

>1) it was patched
No it wasn't.

2) screenshots posted to social media from Switch have terrible compression
No they don't. Try playing the game. Screenshots don't reduce resolution.

Fucking christ watching this made me nauseous

What is there to prove user?

I'll give you one thing you autist. The switch is indeed weaker than consoles 3 times it's size

But you're pretending that any one other than your autsitic ass gives a shit. All you're doing is tainting an otherwise nice thread with your consolewar faggtory.

You also seem to conveniently forget things like
>the Switch is a new console and devs get better at optimizing as they learn more about how to work with the Switch
>the Switch is a portable console
>every title runs fine 99% of the time
Did you also know that 3 of this game's programmers quit midway through development? Or that this is the studio's first project on the Switch? Or that it had a small team of 40 people, time constraints, and a small budget to top it off? And you also seem to conveniently forget that in docked mode, the game looks and runs fine.

But of course not, you'll ignore those because you're consolewarring faggot.

Just play the game and see it yourself, most media outlets do not care about games a week after they release. The patches on XB2 were pretty good and it's a shame Monolith was forced to release the game a bit early.

>retards can't ignore an autistic graffixfag

They're willingly ignoring their niche in the market? At the very least you have to say they got guts.

It was and they are.
Try posting screenshots from the best looking games like Odyssey and MK8 Deluxe. Compression is just fucking atrocious and there's no denying it.

>looking forward to Nu-SMT

You are spending way too much effort replying to blunderfag.

Quit replying to the console war fag with his friend's Switch. He's an obvious samefag who posts the same screenshots like every time

Also rocket league was definetly patched

>literal persona cast down to shitty clingy jealous waifus
>casualized to hell and beyond with le free spell every turnxddd
>DLCs out the ass, including iconic demons that should have been in the game
>DLC for fucking waifu dating

It was the literal definition of half digested diarrhea. I didn't even bother finishing that piece of trash. Just got to the point where I could kill everyone of that fucking faggot of a cast and then dropped it like a sack of turd. Don't even know how I even managed to get that far in the first place.

where were you when SMT was DS exclusive mr.shitposter

>But you're pretending that any one other than your autsitic ass gives a shit.
Huh, just looks like you are trying to avoid facts.
I just want games made for the Switch to run decently and look good, because I did pay $300 for a console released in 2017.

You seem to just be making excuses.
>every title runs fine 99% of the time
Bitch, are fucking serious lmao.

>And you also seem to conveniently forget that in docked mode, the game looks and runs fine.
Nope, still has severe framedrops and some res scaling in some areas.

Boy has SMT been shit since the mobile team took it over.

Source on patchnotes fixing the framerate?
And no, image compression will only add artifacting at worst. The games just look like shit.

Anyone with a brain already knew there was something wrong with him due to his sudden personality change. You're just an easily impressionable retard if think shitty twists make up for the awful everything else that this game consists of. It wasn't even a good twist in the first place. It was just the generic "the good guy was evil all along!" that you see in literally every single jrpg ever.

>Who's your type?

i have a feeling this will be trash like 4. i hope to god i’m wrong and the smt aesthetic isn’t gone.

Game was easy and shit, get over yourself. It was more personafied than any other entry.

NANASHIA NANASHI OH MY GOD YOU DIED *cries for 5 minutes*.

*Plays shitty cutscene with 4 more party members joining that do nothing*

Funnnnnnnnnn

>arguing with xenotales retard
Why?

I can't fathom why they'll make it exclusive, Persona 5 makes sense because the game was too far in development before they got switch dev kits but what's the point of SMTV? They aren't getting paid by Nintendo or letting them publish the game so what do they gain out of this?

If you thought 4 was bad, play Apocalypse. Its taking 4, recycling almost all of it, butchering the story, and adding in more anime/fanservice.

What you don't want a little girl moaning for 3 minutes?

Monolith Soft is like fuck you it releases this year

@407329314
No proof for this so you don't even get a you

>They aren't getting paid by Nintendo
Uhmmm

>why they'll make it exclusive
Because P5 is PS3 exclusive, P5Q is 3ds exclusive, #FE is Wii U exclusive and Catherine Redux is on FUCKIN Vita?

It's Atlus.

Stop replying

>Catherine Redux is on FUCKIN Vita
I still can't believe this, it's almost like whoever made this decision was nearly brain dead

>nobody
>14 million

Stop with the exaggerations please.

Studio Zero is working on Catherine port to gain experience. It's supposed to release this fall.

>Studio Zero is working on Catherine port to gain experience.

Unless they're going through the absurd amount of trouble to run Catherine on an entirely different engine, I'm not sure how much experience they could get out of a port unless they just hired people off the street.

Atlus are so fucking stupid.
Go multiplat and make $, why is this so hard especially in modern day where porting is a simple job

Are you implying what I see in that pic is something negative? Does a pair of tits really trigger you that much?

>Atlus
At the end of the day it all comes to this, sad but true

Yeah because Atlus is famous for their hardware pushing AAA grefix

Every SMT thread I get this urge to finally try one, but then The swift kick of disappointment comes in when I get reminded that they are only on shitty 240p screen devices. My only hope is that SMTV is going to be a timed exclusive but I doubt it.

Pretty sure the Switch is 720p native

Play nocturne on emulator if you're such a graficsfag

Play Nocturne on emulator.

GEAR 4th: SNAKE MAN

It's pretty good.

Pretty sure you can upscale 4 in Citra by now
Basically what I'm saying is you're a shitposting faggot

How did you even play ps1 and ps2 games with this mentality?

Play Persona 5. Alternatively you could stop being a whiny nigger on the subject of graphics.

Play FE

Switch can run P5 no problem.
If SMTV will be on the same level, I'll be happy

>le current year maymay

Is Citra even good at this stage?

>1997
He didnt

>Switch can run P5 no problem.
Source? It seems to struggle with everything that isn't simple cartoons.

Its kind of amazing a 3D Mario game is pushing a console to its limits, and I can't even tell it apart from a gamecube title.

Both SMT work fine, as far as I know.

It can run Picross games like a motherfucker. Anything other than those or simpler 2D stuff you start running into problems. I'm not even sure they got Kid Icarus Uprising to boot yet.

unless you use an unofficial release then no, it is still quite bad

By the time #FE production had finished, the Strange Journey and Radiant Historia Vita remakes were changed to 3DS since that ship had sailed.

>How did you even play ps1 and ps2 games with this mentality?
Unlike you underages, I played the games when they came out.

Persona 5 is simple cartoons

PS1 and PS2 aren't fucking handheld dipshit.

It still runs below 30 fps no?

Yeah dude they're literally the same

Finished P5, also I don't mind the graphics its about them being on a fucking 9 cm nintendo DS screen

Thank god Atlus aren't such sellouts.
>caring about money

Stop being such a big crybaby bitch, faggot.

>multiplatform series
>muh 3DS
There's a fuck ton of releases you can play in better quality

>Catherine Redux is on FUCKIN Vita?
Probably just a low effort cashgrab as the main platform is still the PS4.

Resolution helps, yes.
Kinda sad desu.

>Still samefagging after everyone stopped taking your bait

>Probably just a low effort cashgrab as the main platform is still the PS4.
So every PS4 to Switch multiplat?
I wonder how shit DQ11 is going to be on the Switch since its being downported.

It's almost like thanks to handhelds you can A D J U S T your distance to the screen making it look bigger than it actually is.
Do you even own a DS?

Not SMTV though

Catherine isn't on switch
Get your head out of your ass before you post

>literally incapable of playing on handheld
Why?

I think he is talking about the DS being made for children hands.

Nioh changed a whole fucking lot from the betas

My incurable autism

And? How does that change anything? The Switch is getting scraps.

>DQXI
Last time i checked user said the game was trash, is it good now?

>the game was done, then they needed to port it
it was in development far too long for that to be its only problem

SMT is empty room with 8-10 models on screen. It will be fine.

I don't know.

It doesn't matter if the game used for console war shitposting is actually good or not.

Persona 5 was my most anticipated game since it was revealed, but I ended up enjoying SMTIV and Apocalypse more. Hopefully SMTV will be just as good

You weren't actually having fun. It's an objective truth and scientifically proven that any game that runs at 240p can't be "fun".

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>WAHHH FACTS ARE SHITPOSTING

>Apocalypse more
You was doing so well until you mentioned it, the characters was just as cancerous as Persona 5's like holy shit was annoying to play through, they should have just remade IV with the mechanics instead of shitting this turd out.

the "friendship" stuff in apocalypse sucked but everything else was great, I feel bad for people who can't ignore one minor element in a game in favor for the good stuff. you even get to kill them

>the characters was just as cancerous as Persona 5's
You still don't get forced into school and dialouge for 80% of the game and you get to kill them in the end

>console wars are facts
lol nope

>You was doing so well until you mentioned it
He wasn't shitting on P5 like you are doing, though, he just said that he liked IV and IV:A more.

>unless they hire people
And that's the reason why they are doing it. Same reason why Catherine was developed which was so the team could gain experience with HD consoles.

Sure, but I wouldn't want rpgs to stop coming out on other platforms.

When will they finally put Jesus in as a recruitable demon?

Bra, what am I warring against? You're just scared of Switch facts.

That belongs to rhythm games

>off the street.

I assumed Atlus hires based on the person knowing basic shit beforehand. And Catherine's a weird choice as well, since it is the only time Atlus ever used that engine and obviously didn't bring it back for future titles.

What the fuck do you think you're warring against

Spout the "le facts" meme all you want but its pretty obvious you're a console war fag

>minor
Are you fucking retarded? These same characters that are on on screen for the whole game and constantly interact with you are "minor"? you're suddenly pretending I can just willingly ignore these people and get them to fuck off from me in this long ass game.

Apocalypse is fucking trash and once the new SMT has its gameplay mechanics and improves on them IVA will become immediately redundant

Can we get Siddhartha as well?

OH NO NO NO NO BROS
youtube.com/watch?v=TepXZN3Pw8o
THIS... CANT... BE...

>You still don't get forced into school
Yeah except these cancerous shits follow you around instead and you have to interact with them in the game, getting to kill characters doesn't justify writing your characters terribly in the first place.

They were close...

>These same characters that are on on screen for the whole game and constantly interact with you are "minor"?
Yeah this is not constantly, you're wrong. But you overblow a minor flaw of the game to be a huge thing like way too many people do in some weird attempt to discredit a game.

Again, warring against what? Prove me wrong.

>Post yfw this game sells sub 500k

>merely pretending

how much did 4 sell?

lmao. so in other words they just started working on it and the trailer was just proof of concept.
2023 here we come!

Less than half of Persona 4 Golden's sales.

>Yeah this is not constantly, you're wrong.
Why are you actually trying to lie? This isn't like nocturne where you barely interact with humans, these same guys follow you around and the plot forces you to interact with them constantly or listen to their bullshit. Trying to say characters are "minor" in a story driven RPG is hilarious like get the fuck out of here.

Debateable as SMT4 sales rarely include Europe due to digital only.

600k WW.

With the way IVA bombed and DSJ kinda did shitty not sure if V will do well since IV had a huge hype around it.

Like niche Nintendo games sell well in EU anyways, Atlus doesn't even bother bringing their games over their since they're obsessed with fifa

Thank fuck Switch isn’t region locked

Is this really Nocturne?

i miss chadwarden

Yes.

Source, faggot. Atlus just likes spreading their shit around for no reason.

Nah,is better now
Also, I use the "experimental" version for the 10x upscaling, the normal one cant seems to handle it
Yes it is, its been ages since its been worked out so it has improved a lot

for as long as people buy emulated SFC and PS1 games, there's never going to be a new port of them

Nocturne has a super underrated art style, it looks fucking great and really projects the otherworldy atmosphere.

>final
congratulations on being the only posts not sucking atlus USA's dick

>there are people who thought SMT V was coming out in 2018
>there are people who think Bayonetta 3 is coming out in 2018
>there are people who think Travis Strikes Again is coming out in 2018

Persona was originally a spinoff to SMT, but became extremely more popular. I guess the pop-y character driven aspects of it appeal to more people than SMT's themes of ideology and theism. And comparing the differences between the two series can cause heated arguments and blasted bootys. It's apples and oranges though. Both series are fine and the gameplay is goat for turn based jrpg standards.
We all know the best game is Jack Bros anyways.

At least try to be witty with your shit posting names

numbered = mainline

to be fair, SMT's "themes" are really no deeper than Personas and the story and characters are almost always a fucking joke. SMT is mostly just religious flavoring like Evangelion, it never actually uses it's religious elements in a clever or thought-provoking way and it usually boils them down into anime tropes. Strange Journey was the only SMT with a good story and that wasn't even deep themes or anything, just a great sci-fi premise with actual good characters for a change.

Preperation for Fallout collaboration :^)

>over a year since original announcement
>only now in full production
this isn't even gonna make 2019, is it?

>there are people who thought SMT V was coming out in 2018
Literally no one believes this, they're going to show a new trailer at e3 with some luck and thats it

At the same time, isn't IV the highest selling SMT game?

It will all come down to how the game looks.
P5 sold itself solely on its style, even people who were not into the series or JRPG in general were caught up in the hype because the game is very appealing.
SMTIV looked very bad even compared to Nocturne

Well people still seem to care about SMT's story when discussing the games cause I've seen genuine Law/Chaos debates before.
So I assume story is an appealing point for some players regardless if it's shallow or not.

>It will all come down to how the game looks.
The style is strictly related to general atmosphere, you know, which is what actually sold the game.

>don't have to buy a 3DS now
Sweet

the problem with law/chaos is that both are taken to cartoonish extremes. It's literally choosing between
>suck God's cock 24/7 while you live underneath his boot
or
>live in a flaming anarchic hellhole until you get raped to death by demons

>No need to buy a Switch now
lol why would you buy a switch when you can just pirate it?

>what is octopath

it's not bravely
it's pixel shit for autists

This, its the same director, not the same team.
>Have to wait till octopath comes out and maybe then, if squeenix didnt already fire everyone to get started on Bravely Third

Pirate what?

Switch emulation is making decent progress so according to v there's no reason to have one since it'll be fine by the time SMTV and Bayo3 are out

I liked Persona 5, but never played any SMT. What's a good place to start? Is it as hard as people on this board say, or only to normies?

>Citra devs

I started with 4, it was pretty easy since you can save whenever.

You can't go wrong with release order. Funny enough the best version of SMT1 is iOS exclusive, needless to say it flopped.

>I'm kind of glad SMTxFE turned out the way it did
You mean awesome?

Release order. If you can't be bothered, Nocturne > IV > IVA, then go crazy. Alternatively, start up Devil Survivor if you want more Persona vibes.

Either Nocturne, iv or strange journey

IV is the most friendly entry point.

"atmoshpere" is too vague of a word to sell anything
P5 sold itself on its artstyle and general look, which is not to say it didn't have any atmosphere, but it's something subjective from one person to another

>tfw updated phone and realized the SMT was now incompatible
>Itll likely never be updated

Was Morgana originally able to go between his cat and metaverse forms?

>it will never be ported to a console of any worth due to flopping so fucking hard in the sea of shit that's the App Store
I even bought it on launch day god damn it.

Can we please just get a new trailer already.

I want to see some fucking artwork

>"atmoshpere" is too vague of a word to sell anything
That style and direction perfectly shows what kind of atmosphere it is, pretty brisk without being obnoxious, fashion and pop without being too much over the top in the slice of life parts, and so on. Even if for some reasons you don't like the adjectives I chose, it should be clear that style conveys perfectly what kind of fun experience the game wants to be.
>but it's something subjective from one person to another
What is subjective is if you like what that style conveys or not, even if objectively well done the same things that kind of style expresses can attract some people and repel other, some diehard SMT fans belong to the second group for example.

It's really not that difficult at all. It's more difficult than Persona, but the difficulty is exaggerated to an enormous degree on Cred Forums.

Miku/Vocaloid games for the Switch when?

Reminder that only 40 people made Xenoblade Chronicles 2. If a small team can make a big game like that, Im sure they can also make a SMT

Have you used citra recently?

>Mirai 3 never
>Future Tone never
Cut my switch into pieces

SMT fans in general overrate the difficulty. Some of them will have you think that midbosses in SMT4 or Nocturne are harder than Elizabeth in P3. It's a strange combination of people trying to be elitist and people talking about games they don't know anything about except what they read online

Why do retards reply to this obvious falseflag?

I don't know, why did you?

Because taking a magma shit on a poster is fun regardless if they were serious.

Finally, so 2020?

The game is pretty balanced imo, aside from retarded shit like nocturne hard, Final on Apocalypse and so on. Meanwhile the balancing in persona is clearly bad in any mode

What is your definition of balanced

Elizabeth is only difficult because the original versions randomized fusion skills so it was a bitch to even make what you needed, and she had bullshit rules in place that forced insta-death if you broke them. The P3P fusion gave you a lot more control, and as a result Elizabeth is a cakewalk.

If you want infuriating bosses, there's Demi-fiend in DDS and Stephen in Apocalypse, though the latter can be cheesed if you waste a LOT of time grinding.

I want more Labo edits

I know. I've beaten Steven and Demi-Fiend too. My point was it's ridiculous how much SMT fans try to overcompensate to be more hardcore than people who play Persona. Sleeping Table in P3 is a bigger jump in difficulty than meme difficult bosses like Matador

>It all comes down to semantics
In any cookie cutter rpg it goes something like this
>Spam AoE heals to be fucking invincible
>Buffs/debuffs being useless
>Bosses are immune to status effects
>Monsters doing 1/6 of your max hp
>Items being useless

>though the latter can be cheesed if you waste a LOT of time grinding
No lv cap was a mistake

I was thinking the sheer fuckton of +stat items the game throws at you even without DLC, since they do at least limit your points to 2 or 3 after a certain level.

But the real problem with SMT is giving absolute and total control over skill inheritance. Apocalypse had a weak attempt at encouraging you to prioritize skills on certain demons, but you could largely ignore the SP penalties because extra turns/smirks were more important. They need to make a LOT of skills and passives exclusive to demon race or something.

I can't tell what this post is trying to say regarding the conversation. Spamming AoE heals is part of SMT and Persona and buffs/debuffs are amazing in both.

Which smt should i play. Never played any.

>Buffs/debuffs being useless
>in persona
Dude, are you on drugs.

#FE, might as well start with the best.

Read the thread, fag.

(Digital Devil Saga or SMT4)

c-can i have some?

>being gay