Do you make your own controller? fightstick thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EV1UBe7sHiU
youtu.be/OxJ0juxJ_Fg
focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-xbox-one-to-playstation-4-usb-adapter/
youtube.com/watch?v=hEeb9rOKn3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Willson!

I bought a DIY kit, which arrived last week. Due to real life issues can't start working on it until next week.
Firt time I'm going to both build a stick and use a stick; I want to get into fighting games and a regular controller doesn't feel right.

Oh he uses Garfield's claws to scratch himself, didn't notice that until now

I'm too much of a brainlet to do this shit and have way too much money to waste, to the point I chose to get one of those crappy Hori Project Diva controllers instead of building my own like any sensible person would.

I made a ghetto stick using Sanwa parts and a shoebox. It looks like shit and is too light, need to do something about it when I start playing fighting games again.

every time

more lewd sticks

Someone rec me a fightstick for a Tekken scrub. I'm getting tired of using a gamepad.

I've heard that Korean joysticks are good for Tekken so maybe an etokki. I don't know what your budget is.

>budget
Around $200, though preferably less than that. I was thinking about getting either a Qanba Obsidian or Hori RAP 4. I think the Obsidian would end up cheaper if I'm set on Sanwa parts, because the RAP 4 doesn't come with them. I'm just not sure if Sanwa stuff is as necessary as everyone says. Seriously, every time I try to research fightsticks, all I see is people sucking Sanwa off. They must be worth it.
I am interested in other games than Tekken, too. So maybe I should just get a regular "good" stick. That's my line of thinking at least.

Yeah an Obisidian is probably the best choice. The etokki is $200 too, but shipping will be a bitch unless you live in South Korea or near there.

Just put rocks in the box. Weight solved

he could also just put his shoes back in the box while he's playing

>tekken
get a hitbox

>offer your opponent Jordans so you won't go 0-2

>that Ko ESRB rating
At first I thought that was the "Kids Only" rating from America and it was a /ss/ joke

missed opportunity

Yes.

why are ghetto sticks the funniest shit?

>.br

perfection

I had a really great fighting stick in japan but I gave up fighting games.

There is no kids only esrb rating. You're probably misremembering K-A.

Sanwa parts are a meme.

Then what's better?

Seimitsu

HAPP

Never recommend something that will ensure a fateful 0-2 drop in pools, user. Hitboxes literally cannot win anything.

user, I think you might have brain cancer

Customized a mayflash F500 with sanwa stick and buttons. Going to replace artwork and probably ball. Really good stuff. I think I'll buy a qanba crystal next for my third stick. Qanba Q4 was my first stick.

I own a Mayflash F300 and I have been thinking about replacing the buttons with sanwa. Where did you get your buttons?

Everyone saying sanwa is a meme doesn't know that sanwa is the Japanese arcade standard, but in the end its all about preference.

If you live the US, focasattack or arcade shock

I got my stick and buttons on Amazon. Only thing Im missing was the stick cover, which should be in the mail right now. Amazon is a good spot. So is focus attack, and arcade paradise.

I will check those out. Thanks anons

ive seen those arms before

hitbox more like obsoletebox

Hitboxes are good

I'm still waiting for any explanation as two why hitboxes are bad apart from "the players that use them fucking suck or aren't used to them"

Are these thing's even good? I think it's becoming a meme.

they are a meme

It is a meme, but some people actually do prefer using directional buttons to using a stick. Why do you think some people still use pad for fighting games?

Is this a nintendo switch stick

post more memesticks

Does anybody offer a bat type stick these days? I almost always see ball type sticks and I prefer the bat type.

Nevermind, I just wasn't looking hard enough.

huehuehue

Can't you swap the tops without buying a whole new stick? I'm a padpleb.

You have 10 seconds to explain why you aren't using the objectively best controller.

yeah you can.

because there is no "objectively" better one; it's just a matter of whatever you're used to. hell, some players win tournaments with a PS2 controller.

looks gay

No shit. I didn't know that. I makes sense though, they just screw on right?

>left hand on directionals
>right hand on inputs
Is there a version for PC pleb? I need my leftie for inputs.

>because there is no "objectively" better one
>archaic dildo that restricts your entire hand for directional inputs
>it's not objectively better to use each finger for each direction

lol nigger, even pads are better than sticks

>bought an Razer Atrox
>Xbox One version doesnt work on W10 but the 360 version does for some reason
>I have the One version

you're only ever going to use 1 dirction out of 9, and some motions like the full circle are more difficult to do on a hitbox than a stick. as i said, it's just a matter of what you're used to.

You'll have to make your own

Coming form someone who used a stick for 7-8 years then switched to hitbox, 720 are the only motions I prefer with stick. Everything else is way way faster and more precise from having all four microswitches directly on 4 independent fingers than moving a stick around a restrictor to activate switches.

>you're only ever going to use 1 dirction out of 9
But this is completely false.

>some motions like the full circle are more difficult to do on a hitbox than a stick
As someone who played fightan on PC (yeah I know) his entire life, I can only agree that motions like 360+ are harder.

On hitbox you have cleaner inputs, unrestricted movement. (Good luck trying to do a clean IAD from crouching block without having some serious legacy skill on a stick)

well, i guess it's just a taste thing, i personally use a keyboard and a 360-like gamepad, and both feel a-ok.

>The dream
Can't be arsed, gonna stick to mechanical keyboards since I'm a PC pleb.

I wish that shit was cheaper.

Not going to lie user it would be funny as hell if the Panthera works on Windows 10.

>But this is completely false
please enlighten me, ye one who knows his shit, for i am but a scrub that tries to play the games for fun and never got to the finer parts of the play

>some motions like the full circle are more difficult to do on a hitbox than a stick
This is true, since you have to learn how to roll the buttons and press two at once before moving to the next cardinal direction.
The tradeoff is that other inputs are significantly easier and better wrist ergonomics

Would it be possible to swap out the pcb and just keep the buttons, lever and case?

>you're only ever going to use 1 dirction out of 9
You're a retard, you made you point already.

It uses 24mm buttons for your normals instead of 30mm

It is, even though you'll improve 10 times after a couple minutes of practice.

I've never seen a game that need the diagonals to a full circle, only the cardinala

cardinals*

You get used to it in 5min of labbing

i may be a tard, but i want to get better. which part of my statement is exacly false? that you're only going to use 1 direction per frame? that you're only given a total of 9 directions? are you serious or did i just fall for some bait?

Sticks are shit for Tekken. Keyboard, controller and hitbox are all better
I stopped using my stick in favour of keyboard for Tekken and the game got so much easier

Why the fuck are you using the arrow keys?
Optimal keyboard layout is to use asd for left down right and space for up

Yeah if user does play on the xbone then best option is the Brooks Universal Board, but if he only wants to play on PC then if he can find a 360 atrox pcb for sale or he can use Brook's PS3/PS4/PC pcb.

>That you're only going to use 1 direction per frame
That is true.

However, imagine playing a quick pace game like Tekken, unless you have some serious legacy skill imagine having to kdb constantly, using sidesteps and EWGF only with your wrist.

Saying shit like "you only use one direction per frame" doesn't really apply to an actual game.

You restrict yourself only to your wrist, I'm actually amazed how some Koreans/Japs can do everything metnioned above only using a stick. Then again, that's some 10+ years of legacy skill at hand.

>Do you make your own controller?
Yes, I've made a few.

Making an arcade stick, though? Unless it's a full cab build, you'd actually have to be a fucking brainlet to do that shit.

My arcade stick is a 30 dollar one with a metal top and plastic sides, that I spent another 30 bucks on to swap out the stick and buttons for decent Seimitsu stuff. It's pretty dumb to buy a 100 dollar stick with non-arcade accurate parts, but it's even dumber to spend 20 bucks on wood and then spend 3 hours on building, finishing and varnishing to save 10 dollars.

The controllers I build are arcade shit that doesn't have a budget option with easy upgrades available. A 300 dollar IIDX controller? I built one for 75. Same shit with pop'n.

I'm ambidextrous, it's way easier for me that way.

the virgin hitbox vs the chad mixbox

You don't get it, using your thumb for up is better then you don't have 1 finger having to do 2 buttons

Wouldn't ambidextrous mean you wouldn't care either way? Seems you favor the right hand for movement.

>you can't slide the directional buttons
>IAD instantly 100% harder
>forget about 360/720
>tiger knees 100% harder

You're correct, hence why I would like to get an actual hitbox but with directionals on the right, can't be arsed to switch sides on my keyboard because where else would I fit directionals like you mentioned (A S D Space) on the right side?

I do favor right hand for movement, but as I've mentioned in the reply above, I can't fit something like A S D Space on the right side of a keyboard.

I wish I could just use a keyboard. Then I'd never have to spend more money again.
The scene is poverty, why is everything so expensive?

posting mine again from a few threads ago. RAP4 Kai stock button broke after 1 year, so I replaced all the parts with Sanwa parts about a month ago. Feels really nice!

Because it's a low-demand market for that shit, why not overprice?
I'm no expert but I assume you can make one yourself (If you know how) for less than 50$.

You could us 789 for left down right and arrow right for up
or p [ ] for left down right and space for up
Use your brain

I still want to use a stick.

But why though? They are expensive and offer no advantage. I only use mine as I play in arcades from time to time so I need to practice those controls

pad is boring and doesn't feel natural at all for some motions, plus i want to use my fingers for the buttons without doing some weird uncomfortable grip on a regular controller

not that guy but I need to do it for the same reason
do console tournaments let you use keyboard?

As long as you get it connected to the console I don't see why they wouldn't.

Yeah mixbox feels like the dumber hitbox.

ah okay, I haven't been keeping up with the fgc I thought they banned it for whatever reason

Yes, a guy went to evo with a ps4 keyboard adaptor and used his keyboard

>pad is boring and doesn't feel natural at all
A stick isn't going to magically make the game more fun. It also makes some stuff harder in Tekken. I can EWGF and everything on a keyboard/dpad far easier than I can on my arcade stick. The controller I've been using for years to play fighting games

Typically if you can plug in and play on whatever device you use with no issues you can bring it to a tournament and expect to play on it. I've seen niggas playing on mini piano keyboards.

Yeah but I don't play Mishimas so that's no issue. I just really don't like the way it feels to use a normal controller with fighting games. It's my my money amigo, let me waste it how I want.

Some people preform better on stick than pad too. Controllers are 100% about what you feel comfortable using and everything has a learning curve.

do you have a link to the uncensored version?

>But why though?
Personal preference my man.

Basic stuff like sidestepping and korean backdashing is harder on a stick too
He's never used a stick before, and is buying it for a game where a stick feels like a step down when it comes to playing it. Which is why I don't use mine for Tekken and use a keyboard

And all that shit is easier on a hitbox too but you aint jumping on that shit are you?

Why the hell do you need weights in it? If anything the only thing you should be worried about is the box's long-term stability since it's made of cardboard. What I did was glued some wooden rods to line the edges of my shoebox so there's some support to counteract any potential warping. Then I always keep it in a plastic bag (a good one, not a shitty one you get at a grocery store) to keep it more or less weatherproof.
The shoebox being lightweight is one of the perks it offers as a makeshift enclosure, one of the last things you want is for your makeshift weight to come loose inside the box and wind up either causing weight to shift around (especially while carrying it) or worst-case scenario crushing your PCB and/or ruining your wire setup.

>Then I always keep it in a plastic bag (a good one, not a shitty one you get at a grocery store) to keep it more or less weatherproof.

>some ghetto fuck is out there using a plastic bag filled with rocks and sanwa parts as his stick

So who's the best custom stick maker? Jasen?

I don't use rocks to add weight to my shoebox. I don't add weights of any form. Read my post, I glued sticks to act as support beams instead. The plastic bag is for carrying the box to make sure it doesn't get rained on.

myoungshin

it's really not that hard to get good enough at the mechanics of tekken to be limited by your poor decision making instead of your controller

you just have to not be a little bitch who goes off looking for a silver bullet the moment you have start to be challenged

sticks literally do make games more fun

Got the parts (Arduino, 10 buttons, stick) but I'm still looking for a good guide, any recommended ones?

>That feeling when having all you fightan/shmups/arcade games on steam
Damn I want a monitor that pivots.

Besides ebay are there any other sites to buy a cheap fightstick?

>tfw the Switch has vertical games for handheld mode
I like it

Depends on your definition of cheap.

Less than retail by at least $20.

Why would I buy a hitbox when I have a keyboard?

Just wait for sales then, unless it's urgent.

Because it's better.

Keyboard does the exact same thing

what's your enclosure?

Keyboard is cluttered and has shittier buttons

Buttons on a hitbox are bigger, and more ergonomically placed for fighting games.

The buttons are worse.

left + right = neutral on hitbox. Makes wavedashing and korean backdashing a fucking joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=EV1UBe7sHiU

Go to 5:30. Keyboard can't do that.

>left + right = neutral on hitbox

Tekken does that automatically though.

Am I missing something? I can do that on my keyboard just fine.
If anything it's joystick players who can't do that due to needing to move a physical distance in that timespan compared to simply pressing buttons with different fingers.

Want to make a mini arcade with a laptop as base, your standard arcade cabinet shape.

For

Was ready to call it bullshit but just tested it and you're right. However it's not the same. On keyboard left + right = *forced* neutral as in you can't do anything but be in neutral position. On hitbox left + right = like not pressing either. For example left + down + right on hitbox = down, left + down + right on keyboard = neutral. I can't do k.backdashes on keyboard because of that.

Anybody try out this arcade stick? I wanna get it for Street Fighter V on my PC and for the SF30th Anniversary Collection on Switch.

most sticks are probably too big vertically for tthat unless you use some 90s briefcase

You can also just get a custom Hitbox with the directional buttons in the form of the arrow keys on a keyboard
There's no reason to put actual keys on one.

If you like senstive buttons and sticks (AKA Hayabusa parts) then get it.

Parts in question

youtu.be/OxJ0juxJ_Fg

Is that an octagonal gate? I thought all horis used square gates. For that matter, I always see people recommend square, what's the point of octagonal?

My computer chairs arms keep getting in my way when I use my stick, how do you guys do it?

I didn't mean using the laptop itself btw, just that it will be the emulator inside the cabinet.

You can easily buy a Mayflash F500/F300 or another stick. Way cheaper and easy to mod. Plus works on ps3/ps4/360/Xbone/PC/Android/ and now Switch.

Take the arms off.

>not sitting on the ground
do you even fgc

Don't you need an official controller for this to work on the PS4, 360, and Xbone?

everything except for the frame is custom

Works plugin play on PC/Android/Switch. As for Ps3/ps4/Xbone/360 you will need a controller, but who DOESN'T have a second controller by now? Plus $90 is too good of a deal. If carrying another controller is a really a problem just get/install a Brook universal board. Pic related doesn't need an extra controller and is plug'N play.

Is that a qamba q1? if so where did you get the plexiglass?

You can also carry an extra controller AND your stick in a Arcade stick bag.

its the carbon, i got the plexi from focus attack

Madcatz VS stick you'll be mine one day.

If I wanted a plug and play pcb
Custom art
Silent buttons (I don't want to wake people up grinding in my room late into the night)
How much should I expect to spend and what builds/parts should I go for? Cheaper the better, but I appreciate ease of modding like a good PC so I'd prefer to make the investment now.

Hori arcade parts are pretty horrible

So old.

>im retarded enough to use archaic controller because reasons
Yeah keep being shit, because obviously you're a Nip who's been playing on a stick for 15+ years.
Fag.

Interesting, why do you think that's how it works on keyboard though?

>not into fighting games
>but still want to try using a stick
>can't justify the cost for one

They just look like fun to use. What other games are they good for/supported by on PS4?

Only if you're a little baby fag who's not used to the way arcades are actually supposed to feel

any arcade game or shump.

Is there anything like this that isn't ancient?

Shoot em ups. But those are even more simpler and boring than fighting games.

try keyboard

>Silent stick
Sanwa silent micro switch stick is $50-$60 right there
>Plug and play
$70-80 Brook universal
>Silent buttons
Silent sanwa buttons are like $2.95 each. So 8 of them would probably be 23.60 before tax.
>Custom art work
$0 if you have Adobe and printer that prints whatever template for the stick you have. Or whatever print shop charges you.
This isn't really including discounts and whatever the cost is of the stick your modding.

None of the arcade machines I've used have as stick as smooth and loose as the one in the RAP4. Most feel like sanwa parts with the exception of a few that definitely had semitsu sticks in

I was looking at the input history in practice mode with keyboard then hitbox, doing the same thing (down, right while holding left). Keyboard history shows as left, downleft, neutral while hitbox history showed as left, downleft, down

Yeah, but it isn't that good

I'm asking for a good stick or parts+enclosure for modding as well.

You are a fool if you aren't getting a universal stick and not using it for platformers, Beat'em ups, Fightans, Shmups, and other arcade games on your PC/PS4 or whatever system with a USB slot.

What a shit list

>All of those in everything
>ignoring Bat top sticks
That's list is pretty trash.

do you have cerebral palsy?

>ignoring Bat top sticks
All those stick can be bat top. Just switch the handle.

pretty accurate imo

Where the fuck is a good PC/Xbone/ ps4 stick besides Mayflash????

Would a fight stick be good for Soul Calibur? That's the only fighting game I really like.

Tetris!

What's a good way to get rid of (and maybe profit off of) the shitty Drone I bought on sale a few days ago? Ebay?

The only time I played on something that felt harder than a RAP4 was on a hori mini, and that stick is ass. Actual arcades I've been to have always been loose as fuck, none of them clicked either. I don't think I've ever played on a candy cab though, if those are the ones you're talking about.

>Xbone stick

Nothing unless you want to mod one with a Brooks Universal PCB. No one cares about the Xbone.
Ebay will take a cut, but probably the best option. Just don't put "Best Offer" people will low ball you for days.

just buy any stick and put a Brooks universal board on it

Are Qanbas really that good? I don't understand what makes certain parts better than others, they're all just buttons and switches. Do the ones higher on the list last longer? Because that's all I'd really care about.

>RAP4 that low
Eat a dick Sanwa buttons are to small and Hayabusa buttons are big and sensitive interms of pressure and the price is perfect for what its worth.

Have you ever played on any actual Japanese cabinets or just the ones with those horrible sticks and mushy buttons?

hrap4's buttons are fucking trash m8

Not about the buttons/joystick a majority of time since most of them use Sanwa parts anyways. It's mainly about the construction of the stick like durability, weight, comfort, pcb etc. The top ones will last long.

Just got a new stick, and I'm looking to get some art for it. Does anyone know who I could commission for some, I am really not into getting some images off google or paying someone to photoshop something off google or some other gay shit like that.

>Sanwa buttons are to small
They are both 30mm dumbass

I played with a madcatz te (original), hrap4, qanba obsidian and hitbox.

Imo
Qanba = hitbox > madcatz TE >>>>>>>>>>>>> hrap4

As good as any controller. I personally like fightsticks better because they last much more than a regular controller. My crap ass stick with ps1 PCB and BR parts (we have some really shitty Happ knockoffs here, but I changed it to some better ones. Still no sanwa, but it's good enough) and it has been lasting for some good 8 years of abuse.

t. SC player on a shitty parts fightstick

I'm pretty sure any person who is a drawfag will design something for a stick. I know the person who did pic related posted in one of these threads a couple of days ago. Although I do know that he is busy at the time and also I forgot his name.

any "must have" accessories for your arcade stick? Besides internal parts.

Cool. I don't really play fighting games but I'm planning to get SC6 since me and my sister played the original a ton on Dreamcast and we're planning on doing the same with 6. Tempted to use that as an excuse to myself to get a stick.

They're buttons. They react when I push them. What more do you need?

anime art

>tfw bought a bad stick because I didn't do enough research
>tfw wasted $100

Stick noob here, is there anything stopping me from buying a bargain stick and replacing it with Sanwa parts, since I'm told those are the best? I assume that would be cheaper. Or is it difficult to replace parts like that and I'd just be creating way more trouble for myself?

I sure would hope the buttons works. It would go from D tier to trash tier otherwise.

I just don't understand how someone can be so autistic about a fucking button. Oooh it isn't as buttony as this other button 3/10 wouldn't push. Get over yourself, fag.

You have a shitty keyboard don't you?

The jlf quick releases are pretty cool. Don't own one myself.

>Caring whether or not your first stick is bad
It happens especially if your trying to see if you actually like playing on a stick first and foremost.

It's a grade of quality beyond "just working" if you're fine with low tier shit and content on it just working when you press it that's fine.

Like said, any 2D game is playable with it.

Well bargain stick will probably also have a shitty PCB, so you have to replace that too. And most likely the case is shitty quality, so you shouldn't waste good parts on that either.

Either get a good quality stick, or go custom. Don't waste money on a shitty budget stick. Also how easy they are to mod depends on the stick.

Longevity, how well built they are (affecting how it feels and such), the pressure needed to press it in, etc. It's something you will be using a hell of a lot, no reason to use shitty buttons. Not him, I've heard HRAP stuff is mostly fine, just that Sanwa is the best.

It's kinda like cheap keyboards vs mechanical. Most people won't ever know theres a difference, but once you've been using a mechanical for a while using normal cheap keyboards just... hurts the soul.

Cool, you can unscrew joysticks like that? Or is it just that model? It would make transportation a lot easier since you wouldn't have to worry about the joystick getting bent or whatever.

Depending on the button + game combination, it can get very tiresome to play on worse buttons. Piano/plink/kara inputs gets harder, etc. It's not game breaking, but can be very annoying.

>content on it just working when you press it
I'm sorry, do your buttons get up and suck your dick as well?

What's a PCB?

Cool. I picked up Metal Slug along the way so that'll probably be more fun on a stick. I wonder if Dragon's Crown is doable as well.

Ofc. perk of sanwa you pleb.

How is this for my first fight stick ever?

Wouldn't more sensitive buttons be desired then? Since piano inputs would be much easier to do repeatedly.

Pretty great. Probably the best looking stock artwork on a stick next to the Hori VLX.

'Printed circuit board'. The actual circuitry that controls all the buttons. Basically determines what systems it will work on as well as how easy it is to replace buttons (soldering or solder-free, etc) and shit quality PCBs can have issues. Essentially the brains of the controller. Cheap option if you are just playing on one system is to tear apart a controller from that system and use its PCB. For example, this thing is a third party PCB.

That's why sanwa buttons are prefered. They are very, very sensitive, don't even "click" like other brands. You can't even rest your fingers on them because they will activate. They also come up faster so you can use to finger to tap the same button and get more inputs.

Can confirm, it does.

two fingers*

Mine

I have an HRAP N and an early model HRAP 4 Kai. Never used anything else so I don't have a point of reference for anything else but I do like the Hayabusa parts in the N

Probably gonna buy some sanwa parts and throw them in the Kai to try them out and replace the shitty Kuro buttons it has. I've heard the Kai can be annoying to mod though anyone have any experience with them?

From what people have told me, octagonals are good for better gauging where your stick is and make some motions easier to do, or at least easier to confirm that you did them.
Also, I'm pretty sure it's still using a square gate, just has the lines added for flare

it's an aftermarket shaft to use in a sanwa jlf

So what are some Switch and PC fightsticks that are good for a newbie? So far I've seen the Hori one and the Mayflash one. I wanted the hori one until you guys said it was really loose and I like clicky things.

ITT

Fighting games are for Chads only, no soys allowed.

Maybe if you were in a Smash thread.

Qanba Obsidian. It's pricey but cheap sticks will end up being more expensive in the long run. Go balls in.

Don't bother. Soyposters don't read.

>videogames
>chad

At least the soyboys in the fgc look decent.

Smashfag false flagging as a fighting game fan lmfao.

>Qanba Obsidian
He asked for a fightstick that supports the Switch, the Obsidian doesn't.

what's a good stick to replace the one that came with my RAP4? i'd like something that has a bit more snap to it when i let go

I'd buy a converter then. Not a lot of sticks support the switch.

Go all out then. Obsidian is a strong choice.

Should I get a hitbox? I have a stick but I worry I fuck my wrists up. Was gonna do some wrist exercise to not damage it.

Only if you really want to

Looking around a bit, how's Makestick?
I can't find decent information on it even on their own product page and I was looking at a SRK thread where people weren't getting any sort of communication with them.
I might just get a F300 and mod it. Does the F500 have a touch pad? Any other alternatives? Old stick cases simply lack the places to put buttons you need to interact with consoles.
I would prefer a standardized solution just so, e.g. artwork changes are consistent.

Is it even necessary to get a hitbox in particular? That style of enclosure is really really popular.

KEK

>F300 $60
>Brooks Universal $90
>Silent Stick $60
>Silent Buttons $25
>Art Bling $15
$250
fug

>how's Makestick
okay, but they ship from Korea so it's $50 shipping if you live in the states

Been using this one for years now.
When's the best time to upgrade though? Do I need to be really good player to make use of a good stick? I bought it because I thought I wouldn't be too deep into fighting games, but now I can't get enough of 'em.

I don't have the tools nor the time to make one.

Honestly Doesn't matter what your stick looks like, If you upgrade parts you'll be fine.

Please tell me the difference between Hayabusa and Sanwa buttons. I live in bumfuck yurop and can only choose between a HORI Real Arcade Pro.N and a RAP 4 Kai, Qanbas are impossible to get without paying out the ass in import fees.

premade enclosure
presoldered pcb
push in your own buttons
I'm relatively inexperienced but that should be all you need and that will likely save you some money and you get it exactly how you want

>his fight stick doesn't double as a weapon

C'mon bruh

>Hayabusa sticks are quality enough that it comes down to taste
>Sanwa buttons are superior
That's the consensus I get

If I was a Sol main this would be my dream stick, it's still very good.

Isn't that stick wireless?

It looks neat but RIP space for the hands

Yes it is, I had the ps3 one, it's fucking garbage, drops inputs left and right, but it was cheap at least for a beginner.

Thanks, I was watching Woolie's vid on sticks the other day, and couldn't wrap my head aroun what the fuck he meant by Hayabusa being "loose".

I rock with The Rock.

my monitor pivots to portrait mode but the only games i've tried to play like that are pinball, will have to try some shmups on it

Anybody have a tek-innovations case? Seems like a good price but not sure if its too flimsy, never used a stick before.

>panties off
>pants still on

Backside

Post 10/10 fighsticks.

Based hori sticks and parts

Actually it looks pretty nice.

What stick is?

Is the infiltration lever good?

I might be wrong but I think it's a Madcatz TES with the home panel taken out.

gross

Is right. It's the first TE with the PS control panel taken out.

Fug I want a qanba obsidian now but I'm a poorfag. Life is suffering bros.

Look for sales my man. Also look on ebay, I saw someone selling one for $120 once.

>buying used electronics
wew

meh fuck that I want it new is all. Just gotta save up.

>tfw you have a Sanwa modded Madcatz Fightstick Alpha.
It's a pain in the ass to use cos it's only 6 buttons and there's nowhere to rest your hand well, but it's small, portable, and cheap as hell. It mostly works on PC with some tweaking. (and of course works on PS3/4 out of the bat)
At least it's quite easy to mod. Unlike the Hori EX2 which was hell from what I heard (I'm talking peasant-tier sticks here). Those stock parts are garbage though. No disagreement there.
I wish I had money for a better stick though.

I have the all black and silver one. Friend has the red one. Heavy as fuck, but awesome.

did your cable compartment cover eventually break off like mine did?

>was thinking on getting a Drone
Wew, glad I didn't.

It a good stick, I think. I could do with different buttons, but idk.

Is it possible to make a fightstick with an analogue stick?

>Ebay will take a cut, but probably the best option. Just don't put "Best Offer" people will low ball you for days.
Couldn't fucking stand that shit
>Selling a Samsung S8 since I got it from a buy 1 get 1 free deal
>Faggot scammers offering more than its worth or saying "ITS TOTALLY FOR MY SONS BIRTHDAY" and there profile was made the same day
>Had to relist it again after selling it because the faggot bought it for the buyout price but then started whining how there was another phone that was mine but with tempered glass
>Tell him I'm not going lower because thats what you bought it for and this is brand new sealed and unlocked for any carrier
>HURRRRR PLEASE BE REASONABLE ITS TEMPERED GLASS AND I SHOULD GET A DISCOUNT BECAUSE I SAID SO BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
>Tell him to fuck off and just cancel his order

I fucking hate ebay with a burning passion but its the only way to sell shit now days don't even get me started on paypals "CUSTOMER SERVICE"

>MUH SANWA

All the fightsticks I've bought from ebay worked fine and I got them for half off the retail price. All you have to do is clean them.

yeah it's probably best to change the buttons, the joystick isn't too bad.

Tfw want to make a stick for xbone
Anyone have a link to a good board for xboner?

Crown

Because the parts to build mine haven't arrived yet. Got a box from allfightsticks that uses 30mm buttons for normals. Can't wait to put it all together.

W O O D
O
O
D

I like your wood

thx bby 8-)

Now I want to make a Taiko controller

In the process of making my own arcade, you should do the same.

what's the worst stick ever made?

no I made my own hitbox

Yeah, apparently those things are notoriously easy to come off. But mine does still fit back in the right spot.

>have Hori XB1 Stick
>everyone plays on PS4

how good are the USB adapters nowadays?

this one

YAY nuCAB!

Enjoy your lag.

damn that photo actually makes it look nice, much better than the stock images

just replace your pcb with a brooks
worth the investment

I recently got a Qanba Drone for 30 about 2 days ago. I'm new to fight sticks but so far it seems like a solid beginner one but the buttons are louder then I would want.

Guess this will work
focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-xbox-one-to-playstation-4-usb-adapter/

In general, sticks will be louder than using a pad. I think some companies sell parts that are meant to be quieter though. I've never looked into it but you might want to if it's an issue.

>Not using wooden buttons and a wooden balltop
Come on son

>S tier
>has flaws/drawbacks

but they're not big flaws at all
the obsidian is perfect save for the dumb LEDs

How do you hold the stick?

which of these have a touchpad?
I can see one on the Panthera but that's it

Honestly, why is anyone that wants to be good at the game even considering unsing an oversized inputbox instead a regular controller that gives easier access to buttons?

Why are you using a keyboard instead of a phone keypad
Just kidding you're phoneposting on a touch screen

all of them besides the Etokki, Makestick Pro and Trash Teir

A couple reasons.
>fightstick gives easier access to buttons along with a more natural feel for fighting games
>people who grew up in arcades want them for nostalgia/muscle memory
>the cool asian people on twitch use them
>they look fun
>they are fun
>everyone else uses them
>some people like the feeling of hard stick with a round top in their hands

Posting mine. RAP sticks are like stick kino.

finished this over the weekend

Looks cool, what's the art from?

firmly grasp it

beautiful

Why are only those three buttons black? It's not even mimicking an SNK setup. This is really rustling my autism unless there's a game I don't know about that uses a set up like that.

People that play competetive don't care about "fun" tho

Perfection. All of your sticks suck compared to this.

blew this img up w/ waifu 2x

img is fanart of this vocaloid song
youtube.com/watch?v=hEeb9rOKn3Y

>the chunk where someone ripped tape off taking the paper covering with it
Perfect

Anyone ever use the Qanba N1? Looks easy to mod and it's only $50 on Amazon.

Seriously nigger

>Do a Zangief super
>Suddenly start wildly swinging a cardboard box at your opponent

Sorry I don't play shit games :^)

Wonder what anime character Kenny Omega would put on his stick.

>Start Button location
Enjoy your DQ

I lack the skills to make my own so I bought one. Need to eventually get a better monitor for it.

Woolz

noice

GREASY BOYZ

Probably Alex

someone post the full house one

I built a Panzer Fight Stick 3 Hitbox. It was wroth every penny and it only cost around $300.

but they definitely care about a natural tactile response and preserving muscle memory, which the poster you're replying to pointed out.
A control scheme that is fun to use isn't a bad thing, even if it isn't the primary reasoning.

panzer is good but it's pretty overpriced when AFS cases are 95% as nice and cost significantly less, you could have squeaked out a comparable AFS build for $220-$250

Shitty picture, but finally I get to post this. Finished this bad boy up about a month ago.

clean up your wires and pick up that fucking bottle

You're right, it's overpriced for what it is.

I was originally going to build my hitbox with an AFS case, but they suspended their website in January in order to catch-up on orders. And I'm a bitch who can't wait a week or two so I went with panzer.

No.

Yes.