*Starts Raining*

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_enemies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Convince me to buy this game. I've only ever played A Link to the Past and I thought it was a great game, have been it twice on SNES and once on GBA. Did this during my teen years though and have zero childhood attatchment to the series. I prefer challenging gameplay but can get enjoyment from easier games if they have great music and atmosphere.

The physics and chemistry engine alone make this game worth buying.

You can use lightning to kill ganon

ugrrggghhhhh game fun

I do love fucking around with physics. Tell me some examples of cool shit you did.

You mean you can try and get Ganon caught in a lightning bolt from a random weather effect? That's fucking neat.

*finds a rocky outcropping, a tree or whatever else that shields you from the rain*
*lights a fire and rests until the rain stops*
Wow, that was hard to deal with.

You can attach balloons to objects and ride them into the air, you can freeze objects in time and hit them so they'll fly off into the distance, you can use metal objects to attract lightning bolts during storms, then throw the object at an enemy at the right time to have a bolt strike.
That's just a tiny amount of the things you can do.

Anything made of metal can act as a lightning rod, including your weapons and armor.

So if you know what you're doing, you can weaponize lightning.

It's about the same 3 hours of content copy and pasted and stretched to 10 to 30 hours depending how much patient you have

Make a campfire somewhere dry and wait it out, done.

giving enemies metal weapons during a thunderstorm is also great fun.

muh gameplay

perfect time to shitpost about the game on v

Are there any unique weapons that dont break at all in this shitty game

what did he mean by this?

I got 100 hours easily out of this game before I got to the ending.
Rushing to the end and not exploring is for chumps.

Nope. Every weapon falls into the category of: One handed, two handed, or spear with different stats.

There are weapons EVERYWHERE. You can't go somewhere without running into a fuckton of weapons. And if you find a really neat sword you don't want to break? GUESS WHAT IT RESPAWNS AT THE SAME PLACE AFTER EVERY BLOOD MOON, JUST USE IT FAGGOT.

Getting very tempted, lads. Now could do with some honest criticisms of the game if anyone's got any. Two greatest I've seen are weapons breaking and the actual gameplay being repetitive, would like to hear from someone who likes the game how much this affected them and why.

Answer the question

>exploring
There's nothing to explore
The game basically took the worst aspect of the asscreed games and expand it into a full game

>Physics
>>>>Chemistry
Never fails to make me cringe, fucking damn, you Nintendo babies really are dumb as butts.

Why is Cred Forums so stupid they can't handle rain?

Did you even play the game?

>There's nothing to explore
This is some 1984-tier denial of reality. How have things become like this in regards to this game?

Only babies who don't understand basic game mechanics whine about the weapons

And yes it does get repetitive after the first 120 hours

Yes. Extensively. Please list another melee weapon type that does not fall within that class.

>There are wooden weapons EVERYWHERE
Fixed.

That's what the DEVS call it you fucktard

Then list some explorations that dont end up in
>koroks
>shrines
>treasures containing arrows or shit weapons

If you like collecting 600 korok seeds and each time the same npc creature playing the same animation than go head

I beat the game and never figured out how to use tinder to make a fire

Already moving goalposts? I haven't even said anything yet!

Take bundled wood, put it on the ground, put flint next to it, whack flint with metal weapon or hit it with a fire weapon/arrow

Literally just lay down the wood and flint next to each other and smack it with a metal sword

Drop some wood on the ground and light it up with anything that produces fire.

But is there anything else to find while exploring?
I cannot believe Nintendo actually made an open world game that was even shallower than Skyrim
In Skyrim you actually found quests and unique weapons and spells when you explore

The game has enemy equipment and tier scaling with the player, so every area is as difficult as each other, thus taking away any incentive to explore for the purpose of finding new challenges, the 4 bosses in the base game are the same boss with different weapons, and the ganon fight is a pushover followed by a glorified cutscene where the end of the music actually loops until you shoot the critical point with the infinite arrow bow they give you
Also there are 3 weapon movesets in total
Cooking becomes pointlessly complicated when you can combine a radish or truffle with anything and get the best possible healing item
I liked the shield surfing a lot though

>with the infinite arrow bow they give you
>you don't get to keep it for post game shenanigans

In the very early game passable weapons are somewhat scarce and you need to play conservatively.
But after that you find new, good weapons like you would find ammo in a shooter.

The main flaw is the lack of enemy variety.

Maxed stamina, climbing gear and I don't give a fuck, I can climbing anything in downpour

Weapons breaking is a detriment if you have ocd and only like using 1 weapon, if you like changing things up and say, disarm an enemy in a fight and use his own weapon, its fine. Theres a plentiful supply of weapons throughout the world. Worst case scenario you have things like bombs, using your magnet tool to drop metal objects or use them as flails, that sorta thing.

One criticism I myself have is sometimes its annoying to get link to look in the exact direction you want him too, this is annoying if youre trying to throw a bomb somewhere, sometimes itll be slightly left/right of where you want it to go.

Depends on what you like in an open world game, do you like a checklist of things to do, or do you like exploring for the sake of it? Do you like going to a ruin of a place and finding tidbits of story through diaries and books, or do you like not being explicitly told and rather make up your own mind? Ig your answer to both was the latter, botw might be down your alley

Another reason to try the "unofficial PC port" of BOTW

Can't wait for the next Zelda where they nerf the fuck out of weather and it's just window dressing like every other game in existence.

Weapons breaking doesn't really directly affect combat that much seeing as you start getting a steady supply of weapons but it hurts in the long run.
Chests will contain either: Rupees, Bows, Shields, weapons, and VERY RARELY armor. The consumable, disposable nature of the weapons means anything you earn isn't really all that special because it will break and be replaced eventually, that kinda soured my playthrough a little, nothing really felt special, all of the crap you get is just about NUMBERS, no special moves, or abilities other than a few armor sets, and even then the most interesting thing some of the armor can do is let you swim up waterfalls.

My other issue was with the runes replacing normal items, while I like the runes for puzzle solving, they have very little use in combat, bombs give diminishing returns the further you get into the game, stasis is useful but can only lock down one enemy and with a fairly lengthy cooldown, using it to freeze an object and trying to knock it into an enemy is too awkward to bother with. Magnesis is awkward as well and can only be used with metal objects, usually breakable MMMEETUULL BAAWXXESSS. and Cryonsis only works on water.

Lack of enemy variety and the samey themes of the shrines is also a bit of a pisser as well, but overall the game is worth playing.

>pick up a fun weapon to use
>breaks after swinging it at an enemy a few times
SO FUN

every time I think about getting a switch and Zelda I remember that the only difficulty comes from damage sponge enemies and breaking weapons.

you realize weapon types all have the same moveset right? Like if you found a powerful claymore and it breaks, you can still use a less powerful claymore and get the same moves?

You can literally get one of the most powerful claymores in the game right after the plateau and it respawns every Blood Moon. It also respawns on top of a fast travel point.

Time to dig into the webm folder of "wildly inefficient but cool/stupid shit"

Cred Forums kiddies are too stupid to appreciate a living breathing world of consequence.

Cred Forums kiddies are too stupid to appreciate how the rain affects the rest of the world around them, making it the perfect time to attack enemy camps or hunt for food as the rain covers the sound of footsteps and impairs viability.

Cred Forums kiddies are too stupid to build a campfire and wait out the storm.

Cred Forums kiddies are too stupid to appreciate simple game design - rain is only a hindrance early on. Once you find special climbing gear, increase your stamina, and learn new abilites climbing in the rain becomes a complete non-issue. It's called Player Progression Through Empowerment. Nintendo pretty much wrote the rule book on the concept.

Cred Forums kiddies are too stupid.

Ambience webm just because

No that's what marketing calls it you unbelievable baby.

I'm still salty there are no pegasus, iron, or hover boots. I mean yes, you can get potions for a speed boost or use the clothes that boost night movespeed but I just want to be able to put on a pair of boots to run a little faster.

Iron boots would probably do something like allow you to land on dudes for high damage, or maybe slide yourself around using magnesis

Hover boots would just give you a high floaty jump and make you glide longer.

It's a game where you more or less make your own fun and goals along the way, led along by your own sense of curiousity and ingenuity. Those who prefer a little more direction in a game might get frustrated. Weapons breaking is a non-issue and is a necessary element of the game once you've experienced it, then sat down to think for 2 seconds why it exists as a mechanic.

>using the term cringe
user, please.

You really are fucking dumb

they reallu dropped the ball there. how did they not make pegasus boots (speed +) an item in the dlc? the item in the dlc however where pretty terribly placed though

Is this not the Zelda game with the least amount of different enemies, dungeons, items and all that despite being "so huge"?

I'm starting to really dislike Aonuma, he just wants to make every Zelda into a puzzle game. We need the chick who did Link's Awakening to make more Zelda games.

Sure if you buy into shitposting memery

i tried this but the log shatters instead of transporting me

>zelda.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_enemies
But it's more than true, the game barely got a handful of different enemies. There's literally not even 10 different kind of enemies.

>Is this not the Zelda game with the least amount of different enemies, dungeons, items and all that despite being "so huge"?
Nah thats just shitters desperately trying to find some way to criticise the game. BotW has more content than any other Zelda. Thats irrefutable.

YAHAHA

God damn the amount of absolutely absurd shit you can do with this game

>There's literally not even 10 different kind of enemies.
Bokoblins (3 tiers of enemy)
Lizalfos (3 tiers of enemy and 3 types of elemental variation and undead version)
Moblin (3 tiers of enemy and 3 types of elemental variation and undead version)
Yiga Assassin
Guardian
Guardian Warriors
Guardian Battlements
Drone
Hinox
Stalnox
Lynel
Mudulga
Talus
Chu-Chu
Wolfs
Keese (plus 3 elemental variations)
Yiga Warrior

And thats just off the top of my head. And of course shitters always ignore the fact that character animations, behavioral routines and enemy AI are on a different planet to evey other Zelda game.

>character animations, behavioral routines and enemy AI are on a different planet to evey other Zelda game.

ding ding ding

>b-but muh sprites...
noone cares, faggot.

OP, I can already tell you are going to be disappointed

If you are thinking you will be having a game of fucking around with cool physics, you will be disappointed. Yes, people can post cool webms, but the truth is that when playing the game it can still feel really limited. You might be thinking "Im gotta chop the shit out of trees and see what it does", but its not like you can cut off trees at any length or cut off the branches; its always just cutting them from the same height regardless of which weapon you use. And its not like you can use the physics abilities to manipulate everything, its usually specific objects like a tree stump or boulder, Very soon it gets boring to just stop their movement or move them with magnesis because it doesnt really affect much of anything else

The "interactivity" isnt nearly as cool as people claim; it gets old very quickly. Yes you can "weaponize lightning" but its not like something thats fun to endlessly fuck around with, its not like theres millions of different things you can do with it, its just something with a function of causing damage to enemies. It has no real effect on the landscape. And it goes without saying that NPCs are invincible.

So you are not going to be getting a sandbox where absolutely everything is very interactive and everything is at your whim. Its more like, sometimes fire reacts with your items, sometimes the rain interacts with your items. You can chop trees and grass but always from the same height and it always grows back. I'm sure I'll get some hate for this and even you might deny it, but I went in wanting the same things and was really disappointed. It doesn't even feel like a sandbox that much.

The ending was lame.

You care faggot. How does it feel to get continually BTFO?

Spotted the poster with zero imagination or creativity

what, by your shitty argument? Don't think so, kid.

Thats pretty fucking cool. This game is amazing.

It's about the journey, not the mediocre ending

Not him but I always see people who leap at these posts but never back up their claims when they say they lack creativity or imagination. He's right, things are more limited than what people want to believe. Being able to light fires and glide on them is cool but you can't do that indoors or out in snowy mountains, or out in the beach areas.

and now compare that to ANY other zelda game and it's not even close to the same amount of different enemies. DESPITE being the latest and "biggest" zelda game so far.

>Not him
sure it's not :)

Cry some more. Maybe BotW will stop being one of the greatest games ever made if you shed enough tears.

This one's just funny/sad

I had a lot of troubles killing my first and second Lynel, and attacking camps with many enemies.

Regardless if you don't wanna believe me, the point still stands: So what're some examples of this creativity?

oof

You just gotta work within limitations of the game, of course there's not gonna be infinite possibilities but there's still a bunch of neat shit you can do.

>now compare that to ANY other zelda game and it's not even close to the same amount of different enemies.
Did you just gloss over my comment about shitters always ignoring the fact that character animations, behavioral routines and enemy AI are on a different planet to evey other Zelda game? Funnily enough, you ignored it. Oh my.

The amount of imagination or creativity is irrelevant here, the game is simply not as interactive as people claim.

>it's not TRUE interactivity!!!

My problem is a lot of the neat shit you can do is super impractical or requires so much set up that the pay off just isn't worth it. Or as I said before, it's just not an option most of the time. A good portion of the game is spent in shrines and in non grassy areas, so you can't do the fire glide trick.
Launching boulders with stasis is fun yeah but using it offensively is really awkward.

I don't think it's a lack of creativity, it's just wanting to be efficient.

>the game is simply not as interactive as people claim.
But it IS more interactive than any other 3D open world game on any system.

Holy shit, why are you so fucking mad? The first replier in the thread was simply asking if he would enjoy the game. He said he loved interactivity and I was simply telling him his expectations are probably not reality. I'm telling him he will probably not find it as interactive as people claim. Regardless of your dumb, smug responses, the game can still feel very limited in its interactivity and often it doesn't add up to much.

If the person is going in thinking "I'm gonna interact with everything and there's endless possibilities", he will be disappointed. It's not really that kind of interaction

someone post that webm of a monster just standing still and doing nothing while someone pokes him with a weapon

This shit was a genuine surprise and had me laughing through the rest of the fight, seeing as it happened up on a mountain and the dumb bastard bokoblin went flying off the cliff. I wish there was more of this shit and honest to god infighting.

This annoyed me at first but then I realized I can use it to my advantage because they'd go out of their way to to kick it.

no, you're just a moron

>HOW THEY FUCKED UP
Enemy-type progression is pretty much giving them more health and making one of their move longer and more damaging, not smarter. Was it so hard to give them some group-tactics they could employ? Like, if there's one archer in battle, enemies with shield will try to block you from reaching it. I don't know, harassment tactics? Kitting? Something! At some point you become a demigod and it actually becomes difficult to die so battle turn into slug-fests. Might as well just spam Urbosa's Fury. You can fuck up ten times in a row but you can still shove your pie full of apples and get healed to max. Perfect-blocking/parry is so easy to master it makes the game too easy. Not enough good shrines. No worthwhile dungeon.

>WHAT THEY DID RIGHT
Everything else, I guess.

I forgot how it's impossible to discus a Nintendo game without tons of Nindrones fanatically defending the game to the death.

>Was it so hard to give them some group-tactics they could employ?
Mm yes? Its easier to give them more health than improving the AI for each tier, not defending it, but yes its obviously harder to pull that off.

That's not the point. I still think the person will be disappointed if he's expecting amazing interactivity with the landscape.

Besides, I would describe it not "interactive" so much as "reactive", when weather effects react to your items. The amount of interaction you can do with things IN the landscape is actually very low.

Reminder that Revali's Gale ruins the game.

That's the same as Skyward Sword, and everyone hates that game.

At least until the next one comes out, anyway.

keep crying lmao

Reminder that you can simply turn it off in the menu

>it's impossible to discus a Nintendo game without tons of Nindrones fanatically defending the game to the death.
Nah Nintendo games are only brought up in discussion because assblasted kiddies cannot stomach Nintendo be praised for ANOTHER genre-defining classic.

How mature of you. Why can't I tell the person, the interactivity will not be what he's quite expecting without a bunch of people acting like I'm satan?

Yup i agree, this game is all about the journey. I still expected more story at the end.

you can do whatever you want but you're still a moron

I only used it like four times, twice on hyrule's castle.

>detonates the bomb himself to make it look more impressive

what a stupid webm

it's okay.

I would never, ever suggest buying a system over it. Don't do that. It isn't worth it.

It's okay.

If you absolutely need to buy it, guy it on the wii u. Go on craigslist and buy that shit used for like 100 dollars. You'll never use it for any other game except monster hunter 3u.

>*Starts Raining*
*Starts Shield Surfing On The Wet Grass At Increased Speeds Without The Shield Breaking*

I forgot that the Mario game actually got released.

Spotted the dude with no taste in vidya

>I prefer challenging gameplay but can get enjoyment from easier games if they have great music and atmosphere.

BotW has the worst music in the Zelda series and an atmosphere that is very bland (it often feels like there is no real atmosphere at all). People will claim its atmospheric because of its sound design but there's more to atmosphere than that. If you were to ask me to describe the mood or tone of most of the game, it would be worlds like "bland", "sterile", "non-descript" etc

>BotW has the worst music in the Zelda series
wrong

botw would be great if somebody made a multiplayer mod

It was okay.

Grafics looked... okay. I didn't hate it. It is lightyears behind anything on pc, but you can't compare those things. It's like comparing phones to computers.

The gameplay is pretty okay. It's the strong point.

Story blows. Absolute shit. Almost non-existant

NPCs are pretty great, actually.

The writing is pretty good.

Dungeons are huge fucking garbage. Dungeons define a zelda game. This one has failed as a zelda game.

Exploring the world rates at about a 5/10. Very average. A few neat areas, a lot of nothing that isn't interesting.

I find most of the game forgettable.

Skyrim is better

It's a fun game, but the game gets a bit boring when you've tried all the gimmick stuff as it does not really have anything else to offer.
It's a good game but nothing special, worth the price if you got a Wii U/Switch

I was speaking more on the fact that you couldn't find a game to play on Wii U other than Monster Hunter and Zelda.

>plebbit spacing
>can't spell graphics correctly
>all argument points include opinion words like "good" or "huge fucking garbage"

You got any suggestions? That's all I got for mine.

>If you were to ask me to describe the mood or tone of most of the game, it would be worlds like "bland", "sterile", "non-descript" etc

People will argue with you because you are wrong.

The sparse instrumentation and delicate notes are deliberate artistic choice to compliment the game's subtext of isolation and desolation. Having a bombastic score for 100 hours would be terrible.

You cannot tell the melancholy music of leaving the cave and seeing the world for the first time isn't atmospheric. It put chills up my spine.

Also, the subtle music gives the rest of the world's ambient sound room to breathe. Try playing with a good pair of headphones on, the sound design is amazing. The world sounds *alive* and anything but 'sterile'

>Cred Forums kiddies are too stupid to appreciate simple game design - rain is only a hindrance early on. Once you find special climbing gear, increase your stamina, and learn new abilites climbing in the rain becomes a complete non-issue.

Is this even true? Even with full stamina and climbing gear I still can't climb up decently sized rocks when its raining. You can jump at the right time and get some more distance but you cant get very far even with full stamina

This is true for a small portion of the enemies though. Mainly the Bokoblins, Moblins and Lizalfos (which I suppose is good because these are 90% of the encounters that aren't guardians) and to a lesser extent Hinox and Stalnox (as well as Lynels I think but I haven't really noticed anything other than them apparently running from lightning which didn't even damage them even though I was getting struck by lightning in my rubber gimp suit right next to them).
A chu chu is still dumb as a rock and for that matter so are the various animated rocks. Guardians are also pretty stupid.
This is either due to how ranged enemies deal with Link being close to them or due to how stunlocking works.
Review scores are pointless trash and so is judging a game's merits based on them.
The shield losing durability to begin with when you surf is retarded (Not even just from banging it on a rock when you fail to surf). Not having something to indicate exact durability other than a vague and obnoxious "Durability low" prompt is even more retarded since you don't know when the damn thing is just going to splinter under your feet.

Cred Forums is basically reddit now

nigger you wouldn't know what reddit spacing is if it bit you on the ass.

What you are seeing is called "Double spacing". Reddit spacing is finding two spaces after a sentence to try to start a new paragraph. You'd find them in those empty lines, they'd have two spaces.

You're 200 years too early to mess with me, user-kun.

I will never stop loving this game.

All I want in BOTW 2 is landmarks and structures you can actually explore. I get the huge ass open world impresses lots of people, but BOTW's world made me want to kill myself.

>finally find a cave 15 hours into the game
>go into it
>it's a small hole in the wall with a shrine in it

Yeah, it's a 10/10 tech demo.

Super Mario Maker and Splatoon were my go-to titles, also there were some good indie games like Affordable Space Adventures. Also anything that's been ported to Switch already.
Oh and The Wonderful 101.

>The sparse instrumentation and delicate notes are deliberate artistic choice to compliment the game's subtext of isolation and desolation. Having a bombastic score for 100 hours would be terrible.

I'm not looking for a bombastic score. Even the "delicate notes" in the game are terrible and bland. They could have done sparse well but they did not.

>You cannot tell the melancholy music of leaving the cave and seeing the world for the first time isn't atmospheric. It put chills up my spine.

Well yes that was great but it was the very first moment of the game and was deliberately intended to produce a sense of wonder. The game never comes close to anything like that again.

>Try playing with a good pair of headphones on, the sound design is amazing. The world sounds *alive*

Have you even played other open world games? The sound design is not any more impressive than something like GTAV. Even then atmosphere is more about just how realistic the sound design is, its about the mood or tone of the game and in BotW it is very weak.

maybe you should do it

you know, I never got wonderful 101. I really oughta. Totally forgot about it.

Learn to climb. You can even climb your way into Zora's Domain before it stops raining if you're good.

well thats your opinion

Phone spacing then because this shit only looks acceptable on a phone. On a proper monitor your formatting is a bunch of single lines with a space between each one.

*Stop Playing*

do you keep everything in fullscreen or what

>Phone spacing
Nigger you ever write that much on a phone? That would be hell.

I don't want to drag this out, but I'd like to reiterate that you're wrong on every front, you've never been correct, and I'm not sure if your family likes you as much as you think they do.

worst part about the rain is that it makes the game look like SHIT. In most other games rain can look beautiful but in BotW is turns the game into an ugly mess

what the fuck i did not know that it could do that.

did writing that make your pee pee feel good?

Hey just like real life, rain clouds cover the sky and make everything dreary as fuck

dreary can look good. Rain looks great in many other games.

>If you absolutely need to buy it, guy it on the wii u.
oh boy we have a brainlet on our hands

>The game is too realisic!

I actually had some really good ones I deleted for fear I would hurt your feelings too badly. You rate about D grade burn worthy.

lmao sure you did

>Spending like 300 bucks on some shit with no games

Or like 100 on a system with a few games

you stroke it with a blade, hit it with a stick

portability and two of the best games of last year, but stay deluded, wiiu is dead

>Switch
>no games

Maybe if we were still in March 2017

>climbing huge mountain
>rain begins
>slide to a point where I can stand on the side of the mountain
>move in any direction and I fall further, losing all of my progress
>put switch down
>go make a sandwich
Honestly, I get why they did it, but it's still a pretty horrible part of the game.

Like, go around it nigga

Hammer, boomerang, korok leaf

You know, if you want to drag this out, you have to give me something to work with.

"lmao yea I suck dick" doesn't really advance the conversation. Cmon now.

WiiU is dead. I won't contest that.

And I'm not here to argue individual titles. I disagree with you but I'm not willing to yell at people who will never change their mind.

I will say, the amount of money you paid for your shit is ridiculous for what you got.

find some cover, light a fire ez

yes the incredible conversation about reddit spacing...you're just a faggot is all.

>the amount of money you paid for your shit is ridiculous for what you got.
cry harder lmao

>he doesn't have revali's gale

BotW fans always respond in this retarded way to any criticism of the game. It gets tiring.

And no, it doesnt even look that realistic. Rain effects look better and more realistic in most other open worlds.

Yeah you're probably not in this thread but there's Lord about the Zora, Shield Surfing routes, The spirit of Iwata as a horse known to watch over all, a Dragons, secret shop and other shit

>not TRUE rain effects!

>Lord about the Zora

What?

dont listen to this retard.
If you want a Switch: get it on switch
if you dont want to get a switch: play on emulator
the Wii U is the worst version by far.

How did they make rain effects so good in this game? It still blows me away that it only wets surfaces that it should, that it makes puddles get bigger, and that you can climb unhindered in covered areas such as the big mushroom trees.

Lord of the Mountain.
A Horse God.
Iwata and Robin Williams are NPC in the game.

I didn't spend a dollar on that shit. I'm laughing to the bank. I got one of two decent games on the system for a system I already had.

I'm laughing to the bank.

Allow me to respond. If you want a switch, ask yourself why you want to buy a switch. Are you absolutely sure you haven't taken any drugs recently? Can you just drop like 300 bucks on some shit and get basically no return?

I will agree the wiiu version is dogshit. the rainforest areas were dredged in fucking bloom

fucking seethe, lmao.

>Can you just drop like 300 bucks on some shit and get basically no return?
to be fair it has more games than the Wii U already, and can taken with you. New smartphones cost triple that amount. If you arent poor theres nothing wrong with getting a switch.

Welcome to Seethecity
Pop.: (You)

Fuck I meant lore. There you found out princesses make armor for their husbands before they propose (and why) and Mipha made you some but was too Beta to give it to you.
Also it's implied they have a secret white scale in there that men don't have

Like I said, if you just give me onomatopoeia of you snorkling chode we can't have a conversation.

I agree. But. You've got Mario and Zelda. And really nothing else. Who fucking cares about the hardware if the software isn't there.

Thank you for responding.

>reeeeeeeeeeee

I think if you're not going to respond we're done here. Thank you for your time.

>if you just give me onomatopoeia of you snorkling chode we can't have a conversation.

wait, that's what you've been doing the entire time though?

just use the horse and circle the mountain

oh i guess i win then since you called it quits, hm?

"Everything is annoying" the game.
Climbing or any stamina related because Link has asthma.

Upgrading your weapon/bow/shield slots because you need to find some little shit scattered all over the fuckin world to do it. and the npc who do it double the price for each additional slot so better love doing the same boring shit more and more.

Want to climb a wall or whatever ? better hurry cause when it rain you can't thanks to slipperiness mechanics also when it rain it fuckin rain hyrule have a serious monsoon problems.

Weapon durability because Fuck you freedom Even the most powerful one break after 10 hits. Even the god damn Master sword.

Shrines Shrines and even more shrines ! a fraction of them are really cool but 99 are just plain boring but they are mandatory to cure link asthma.

Contemplating the Emptiness. BOTW is so realistic they put only 2% of the land inhabitable the rest is just Bokoblins camps shrines and rocks.

Taming your horse is already annoying thanks again to chronical asthma but they make it even more annoying cause after taming the horse you need to buildup a love level so it will not stop running or change direction because fuck you.

Asscreed towers.

Only 4 Dungeons

You like fishing? fuck you no Fishing rod. the lack of any real minigames is a real big let down but here some unplayable golf and bowling and useless luge slide.

>reeeee no fishing reeeeeeee

man I wish the monolith soft staff were allowed to get more outlandish with it's environment design. primordia with BoTW interactivity would have been godly.

This is the most baity post I've seen in awhile, you're like regurgitating others small complaints without much of an actual knowledge of the game.
Ex: you can literally force the horse to eat apples till it loves you

you don't have to love me, but you do have to eat all the apples

>this thread

>he doesn't know the right rhythm to climb under rain
>he doesn't always carry stamina food

wow I've never seen this image before!

I explored basically all the areas in the game before doing the rito and goron areas. And I was really enjoying myself until I got there. But now it feels like the game has lost a lot of its charm, the goron area is boring and lifeless and the rito area is pretty plain (except for the snow area which is great).

Did anyone else experience this? Are these two areas the weakest, or is it just that I've already seen everything the game has to offer?

>dosent even explain why it sucks

I did those two in the middle so it didn't affect me but during the DLC I noticed there was really jackshit there. I was kinda just exploring a straight line till I found the Gorons after Akala then Rito

>infinite arrow bow
There are infinite arrows in the game? Cause i find it pretty annoying that you have to grind arrows out of monsters whenever you run low. Then again bow is pretty broken in the game

Some of the things were a bit exaggerated but most of those are problems I had with the game. A few things I'd add are horses being pretty useless in the base game and the few towns that exist are pretty small and barebones. Gerudo is the only settlement that feels like a town

In the very final fight, and it's boring as fuck

>starts raining awards

>dungeons are reduced to moving the fire hose on a machine and rolling around inside a camel
>almost no items from previous games that are a staple of the franchise
>empty open world
>shrines
>weapons and shields break every 5 hits

by far the most detached and shitty """"zelda"""" game they've made it so far

For how much of a SotC rip off BotW is, it really should have more giant enemies. Rock golems were a step in that direction and "purifying" snow mountain dragon is the best part of the game

Uh, nah

>have great climbing physics and shit
>ruin it by having it constantly rain
good job

Hi Dunkey

Kek

fuck you It's not my job I don't give a rat ass if you buy it or not
why don't you go die so there's more oxygen for us you flaming homosexual

woah bugs....

Is there anyone that actually believes that paid Nintendo shills are not real after reading this thread?

I started tearing up while playing it on a rainy early Autumn afternoon while going in the section of the game where the area is also in Autumn and it was raining and I had a really pretty song playing in the background and it was all just so atmospheric it made me cry and so happy I got to experience it so yeah buy the fucking game

If you loved all the block and torch puzzles in ALTTP, you'll love BOTW.

Can you actually beeline straight to the end from the beginning? What does freeing 4 beasts actually accomplish?

Yeah because people who don't like the game are definitely baiting right ?
I have the games for months now and it just plain boring and annoying.
The story is kind of better than others zelda but still not that great.
Hunting memories was maybe the only walking simulator part that I enjoyed the rest is just shit.

that too I feel cheated with the uselessness of horse travel
That moth horse thing was cool to look at but annoying as hell to get.
>random span.
>trillion of anti asthma potion.
>smashing L

For absolutely nothing ! A giant punch in the balls "yeah can't register fuck you" so you spend your time teleporting from towers to shrine and and that's it.
Also
>have to buy an amiibo to get epona.
yeah fuck you too nintendo.

You see everything the game has to offer after the tutorial then explore emptiness. look at landscape. and do shrines.
This game is mediocre and "Zelda game get a 10/10" is just a uses and customs of this degenerate culture.

If you don't do the dungeons you have to fight those bosses first. Clearing a dungeon also removes a segment of ganon's health, making it easier.

Their biggest fuckup is not giving the player some way to control the weather in some way.
Hell, make it a hard to make craftable or some shit, because fuck having to wait 5 hours in game time for the god damn rain to stop just to climb and get to a shrine or some shit.

>Their biggest fuckup is not giving the player some way to control the weather in some way.
You light a fire...

Kek, then I would miss good games like anything other than BOTW.

No need to go that far. All they needed was an full outfit buff added to the climbing gear that stops slipping, and it would be problem solved.

Hi! Today I will help you in your adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Weather can be a problem, and day/night cycle MIGHT be a problem too when maybe you want more light but it is night.
HOWEVER, there IS an item that can help you: a CAMPFIRE.
Yes, if you drop some wood and make a fire, you can sleep there and wake up when you want, so you can get up in the morning or at night. What's better, this helps chaning the weather too!
Truly an amazing item this CAMPFIRE.
Don't remember to chop some trees so you will never run out of this super useful item.
Remember, a wise explorer never forgets to use the CAMPFIRE.

>hurr just make it easily bypassable.

Nah the fire mechanic is better

This post has never been convincing. The person writes that exploring in BotW is FUN AND ENGAGING but doesn't really explain why. The verticality does not inherently make the exploring more engaging.

>*starts raining*

You can't make a fire when its raining....

he said its fun because of all the mechanics that go into it and all the options you have in doing so

>campfire work under the rain.
Lel retard.

you find some cover first my man

I think apart if it is the amount of options you have to go about the journey, not so much the destination. It depends what you are looking for in the game

>find some cave or a place with a roof
>lit fire

I wonder if people like you could even survive in real life situations.
read

I never got this to work. I couldn't hit the boomerang with magnesia before it hit the ground.

>tech demo
you can't be serious

There really arent THAT many options. You see where you want to go in the distance. Reaching it is usually a very simple process.

People really overrate how complicated it is to get from A to B in BotW. Its more "engaging" to drive across the map in GTA with the fun driving controls then just walking or climbing in BotW

>when raining needs to be instructed to find shelter first
>calls others retard

Most of the time there is not a roof or cave near where you want to climb

well then you should have checked the weather report before going on that long haul. Oh well, sometimes mother nature's a bitch, huh?

The fact that most "secrets" just lead to shrines really kills most of the mystery of the game. Makes it feel like the world has nothing to hide.

though luck man, I understand that feeling but you can avoid that shit from happening by setting the campfire before it rains.
If the weather bar says rain for 3 hours straight, light the fire before it starts and you're done.

Yes. Revali's Gale for a height boost before you start climbing. Upgraded climbing gear halves the cost of climb jumps. Then add food for extra stamina.

If you were to take it to the extreme, there are 60 slots in the food inventory. With enough endura carrot farming, you could fill it with 5x carrot meals. These fully restore your stamina, and give you two extra yellow wheels.

That's 300 wheels of stamina total.

>Makes it feel like the world has nothing to hide.
You eventually get over that as you play more as you will find things other than shrines.

Climbing.
Nearly at the top.
it begin raining.
can't do shit.

>CAMPFIRE
>BUT YOU NEED SHELTER DUH.

have to stop.
Get down.
find shelter.
Hold wood and flint.
hit them with a metal weapon.
start the campfire.

Legend of Zelda the most annoying hiking simulator. You better enjoy it like the rest of us or you are a baiting sonybro.

>if you ignore a large portion of the secrets, there’s not many secrets!

The worst part of the game is how long Link takes to fucking get up

what, you want the game to wipe your ass too?

Weapon durability is perfectly fine. What is not fine is the occasionally emptiness and lack of enemy variety. And LOD for ground texture.

FFXV devs called it the same thing with their magic system.

there's tons of variety in the combat encounter mechanics

...Such as? Only things I would really describe as secret are some of the horses like giant horse and lord of the mountain. Other than that the game is ridiculously low on secrets

just play the game, bro

I was talking about enemy species. I do like combat variety, but it really needed Deku Babas and Like Likes and such. Especially since they don't need advanced AI compared to say, a Dark Nut would.

>Such as?
Play and find out, or look up a list and ruin the surprise.

Yeah I know and it's a pointless complaint.
>hurr needs more models

So you can't really list anything. Got it.

>claims to care about exploration
>wants a list of what there is to find (even though he could Google for it)
Something doesn't add up. Could it be user lied on the first point?

Bro you realize every Zelda has these same enemies minus two right?

Damn, Cred Forums still is butthurt about this game. Is this a new record?

Cred Forums is still butthurt about Halo so no.

you mean babby's first FPS lmao

thanks Cred Forums

Cred Forums is still assblasted over Ocarina Of Time and thats 20 years old. Better strap yourself in.

>the game is ridiculously low on secrets
This is some bullshit.

huh

what was that noise