Give me ONE reason why you haven't played cave story

Give me ONE reason why you haven't played cave story.

I'm not giving literal jews my money

i have. it's ok but i wouldn't say it's a MUST play

I thought i was hot shit and played hard mode, only to get rekt halfway into the game, so i gave up.

The free version with all the engrish was the way to experience this. I miss 2009.

never heard about it, convince me to buy it

I don't want to.

I'm a fucking scrub and I always get stuck on that tank tready sort of boss that goes back and forth while smaller monsters come at you. Can't remember its name.

It’s literally free.

I feel that I can't improve my Hell time. I have the second best tier and honestly it is enough.

>buying a free game

Farm max sword Sword and Bubble, use Sword until you get hit and then switch to Bubble.

Play the original, it's free and has a campier translation

I didn't bother to play it when it came out and now I'm afraid because I've already missed the hype.

Whats the difference between cave story and cave story+? Are they even the same game?

I played it ages ago. I'm glad its popular now but i don't see any reason to play the remake on 3ds since it doesn't look good at all.

i gifted a copy to my friend and watched as he streamed it
he got the polar star and died multiple times in the tunnel
never made it to town before quitting out and playing something else, never to return
my disappointment knows no bounds

Level 2 sword kills it the fastest fyi

But... B-but I have, user...

But level 3 sword kills all the missiles.

I'm not giving the best tactics, I give the easiest.

>le quirky indie pixelshit meme
yeah NO THANKS BRO

Cave Story is pixelated like a NES game and is the bare-bones game with zero features other than a jukebox in the menu. Cave Story+ is a little more SNES-era looking and has some other bells and whistles if I recall. I prefer Cave Story personally.

Now as for Cave Story 3D I don't know anything about.

Cave story+ has remasteres sprites and music, plus a few extra challenge levels you can access in the menu

>bare-bones game with zero features
So what do you do in it?

Played this when I was 10. Couldn't complete it because of back-to-back boss battles in the end, though.

Shoot things until they die.

>not playing a game with top tier robogirl
don't do this Cred Forums. You're better than that

How do you mean? Cave Story is standalone from the boss rush or whatever else CS+ adds. You play a robot who has awakened to a removed underground world amidst a dystopia going on in the surface, and it's a a basically very linear adventure. The selling point is that it's very fun and has good pacing, and difficulty curve. It was one Japanese guy's pet project for what 5? 10? years or something. It's a polished NES-looking shmup but with no performance limitations where you gun down cockroaches. That's the appeal.

I have. It's very good. Kero Blaster is better.

It is a neat game that, like many Japanese games, gives off a melancholy air of nostalgia for some reason. I see no reason to play the remastered versions though, just download the free version and play it.

I think he means Misery+Doctor+Undead Core.

Mimigas

Is it wrong that I like the remastered music more than the original?

Abso-fucking-lutely. The remastered/new soundtracks do have SOME good shit, but as a whole package they're much worse.

I played some of it. Wasn't impressed and dropped it.

yes