Cred Forums will defend this

>Cred Forums will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

wowhead.com/news=281944/many-warcraft-3-players-invited-to-offline-event-announcement-soon
youtube.com/watch?v=sQh--HxzkKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>play brutal legend
>stack basic ranged units
>it plows through whole campaign
>wonder if i can do that in w3
>i can

last mission of reign of chaos was so fun with me building two ancients of war and stacking archers for 45 minutes near the gate. both jaina and thrall died in like 5 minutes

I will when it's rereleased in the HD rerelease :^)

WC3 was fucking great. It had decent pathfinding and automation mechanics - like auto-cast spells, patrolling, chaining units, consecutive shift-commands, etc - but it did required a decent amount of attention macro and micro.

allyourbasearebelongtous

>Not destroying the undead bases before the time runs out
>Not doing it with your brah in coop on insane
>Trusting knife eared elves to keep your soldiers healthy

Why is arthas level 1?

I want to go back

>buy this game expecting a challenge (last broodwar zerg mission was fucking brutal)
>Plow trough the human campaing with 0 effort
>plow trough the Undead campaing with 0 effort (Last undead mission was garbage)
>same with green niggers
>same with Nelf

i still enjoyed the story but this game really lacked on the difficulty aspect, most of the undead campaing was really cool but the last mission was such a letdown

he's got 1 skillpoint to spend

You're either lying or you played on normal

He's right though. Anyone with even a modicum of micro talent can rape the campaign on any difficulty.

Defending hearthglen is the best mission in WC3, especially on hard. It's actually difficult and you have to leave your base in clever ways to get the mission complete, though selling all your items and building a huge tower perimeter is kind of mandatory.

Hero units are generally incredibly overpowered in the campaing, i don't know why they made Arthas, Kel, Thrall and Malfurion so strong, i guess the items you can get are too powerful? honestly, i never ever struggled with this game like i did with some missions in BW

I don't think Warcraft was designed to be as micro heavy as Starcraft

Get down sparky.

>remaster comes out
>same screenshot but updated graphics
what will go wrong Cred Forums?

Remaster would be made with SC2 engine, which is based on WC3 engine. Nothing would go wrong.

>SC2 engine is based on WC3 engine
>The engine used for world of warcraft is also based on the WC3 engine
But how

As someone who has played both (broodwar and war3) and has played both at a competitive level (not just ums/customs) I can say with complete confidence that war3 is more micro heavy than starcraft. It's a lot of little things you don't notice, but overall units in warcraft have more hp but they cost a lot more and take longer to produce so losing a unit really hurts, whereas in starcraft you are just macroing all the time because there is no income penalty for higher population. The addition of items and heroes in war3 also adds to the complexity of the micro not just with basic things but things like transferring potions/scrolls to dying heroes in the heat of combat so they survive when focused. Another application of micro that war3 has and sc doesn't has to do with creep camps. Each type of creep has its own AI based on its abilities and pros abuse this AI to make creeping faster -> leveling heroes faster.

i have 0 experience with W3 multiplayer, was really into Diablo 2 at the time so i didn't play more than the campaing, however, i have to admit that hero units could become really fucking good with some micro, i love watching high level Orc matches with Blademasters wrecking havoc with good control, however, the campaing felt incredibly easy

I expect there will be balance changes in the multiplayer (there are some retarded broken combinations like speed scroll + goblin sappers) but single player will just be a face lift. I hope they also remaster the cinematics.

Engines are versatile tools. Look how many games use UE4, or compare Dota 2 pre-reborn to any Source game.

brutal legend was such a bad game

>RNG gives you bad drops compared to your enemy
>pinnacle
>of
>skill

If they decide to remaster I hope they somehow find a way to allow all the custom maps to work as well. There's a lot of real gems that the developers have stopped working on that would be nice to see still.

C. It's fucking magic, let me tell you. There's some indication that Diablo 1/2 and WC2 at least are also using some of the same things.

Overwatch, HotS, Diablo 3 all use C and were probably done in a way to share assets. I Kel'thuzad hero development, they actually loaded WC3 model of Kel'thuzard in HotS as placeholder.

yup, there is also rng in crit%, scouting starting positions, hit chance vs evasion, hit chance for curse debuffed units (+%miss) and overall the fact that units do damage over a minimum to maximum range +/- modifiers. It all adds to the excitement for me, like poker.

>he never learned how to manipulate RNG

*solos the undead convoy*

Yeah, it was way easier than it looked. Priests with dispel destroyed 80% of the enemy army with single spell.

>*uses divine shield*
>runs to undead base
>kills his lich
pssssh nothing personnel undead players

Here is the thing with war3 though, all of that rng can be countered with player skill. The opponent got all the good items? Usually happens because he creeped more efficiently/more than you but even so you can tech up and CC the hero using stuff like sleep, mana drain, polymorph, whirlwind. Then that player has to make units that can dispel and micro appropriately. Thats what makes war3 such a good game, its like layers built upon layers. It's not perfect, there are some super lame strategies but its pretty good.

We're getting an announcement this week or the next, right? What will it be lads?

probably war3 remake. Balance changes, new improved maps already on the PTR, battle.net 2.0 integration with better matchmaking, latency, and antihack.

I don't think it will be warIV because there isn't enough people interested in it, they learned from broodwar and starcraft2. It's too messy in terms of lore right now. They would have to either ignore all of WoW lore and go where they left off, or include WoW lore adding a huge prologue chapter in the game to catch everyone up on the events. Either way some people get alienated.

The only problem was the RNG on the item drops in multiplayer, sometimes that broke the game.

You can import your world fo warcraft characters into WCIII. The engine is like magic.

>an announcement
Where? from who?
Or is it just wishful thinking?

wowhead.com/news=281944/many-warcraft-3-players-invited-to-offline-event-announcement-soon

Or just have WC4 cover the events of WoW

Jesus Christ Lord Merciful please be something good

That still alienates people. You'll get people that say, "Pfftt, who gives a shit about WoW lore. LUL WoW lore LUL." and people that say, "WTF, why did they retcon all of WoW, doesn't lore mean anything to them!?!?!"

It's a lose/lose situation right now.

Not to mention, WoW would have to end or exist in a parallel universe.

Its a MMO RTS for mobile.

If its WC4, its guaranteed to be shit.

I hope its a Diablo mobile game with auto questing.

Like the new lineage mobile game, its an mmo that plays on its own. It's pretty fucked up I know.

starcraft one is the only rts game that got the melee vs ranged units power done properly

They can’t make wc4 until wow dies.

That argument is always dumb, they can just say it's an alternate timeline, or set it as if Archimonde won at the end of Warcraft 3

Or set it 100 or 1000 years in the future of the Warcraft universe.

anyone have that image of a yellow player in WC3 multiplayer flipping shit?

Continuing WC3's story in WoW was a mistake.

A game where melee units are absolutely worthless? Ok, nice balance.

Hello bronze league dweller, how are you doing this fine day?

wat, zerglings and zealots are useful the whole game thanks to upgrades.

>lings
>ultras
>zealots
Even fucking workers in some situations lmao.
That's a retard you're responding to.

ultras are the only unit that lives to get in an attack against a ranged deathball and they're equivalent to a BC in tech.

Melee units SUCK in starcraft.

>absolutely worthless
compare all the t1 basic units that define the earliest early game
>lings run fast as fuck and kill fast as fuck, also come in pairs
>zealots are sturdy as fuck and also kill fast as fuck
>muhreens are weak and need medics to not die immediately, but they have ranged attacks that you can't even kite with properly
yeah, absolutely worthless.
and i'm not even talking about using melee units as anti-tank fodder

although, if you're talking agout SC2 you may be right since i don't even play that game and know jack shit about it

>cracklings being the most cost-efficient unit in the game are bad
>SCVs with which actually save you during tank rushes or bunker rushes or 4 goon pressure in many other TvT and TvP situations
>DTs which are extremely good due to how notifications work in the engine
>zealots which are tight af
>quick switch ultras which can help you bust tank lines are bad

man ur a special kind of shit arent you, why even bother talking about something you dont know anything about

You can kite with marines, you just need to stim constantly

You are legitimately retarded.
This is wrong both for brood war and sc2, in all 3 iterations.

Ultras were the least useful of the 3 SC2 expansions until LOTV when their armor was buffed.

>not purging the undead filth in 15 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=sQh--HxzkKc

do you have any idea how the marines attack point works? You think it's better to spend your time microing 4 marines against a zealot when all the protoss has to do is A move at you and that keeps you busy for 20 seconds while he has to do nothing?
Also lmao who the fuck cares about how marines deal with zealots, outside of the 3rd minute of a TvP that's completely irrelevant

Every unit in Starcraft is expendable. You don't send in ultras without ling/baneling support, or infestor/vipers. Hell, even queens are a great support unit for ultras.

Zerg overwhelms the enemy, use the numbers to your advantage.

The best units in Starcraft Brood War are the Scout, Queen, and Valkyrie
Prove me wrong.

>coop
hold the fuck up what

Scouts are actually really strong anti air. Too bad about the price tag.

I had one of my best gaming moments in this mission, I'm not good at this game, but tried to replay the campagne on "hard", in the last 2 minutes the town got rushed and my last building had 12hp left when the countdown hit 0