ITT: series of games you loved but for some reason they stopped being relevant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FF95mmbAKqI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWido2mTfcI
youtube.com/watch?v=KhWhYbeddXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tfw there was never one for the Buu saga

It hurts bros.

>some people legitimately don't know about the 3rd game because of the title change

but there is?

uhhh user

Buu's Fury was fucking awesome you should give it a try, user.

what a dumbass holy shit

Get the ROM for Buu's Fury. Your childhood will be complete.

But a friend had told me at school that it played different from the other 2 and it wasn't even part of the series. I can't believe that fucked meme'd me all these years.

I'm downloading an emulator as we speak, thanks guys.

no worries pal, enjoy it

look what i just found

>But a friend had told me at school that it played different from the other 2 and it wasn't even part of the series.

He was That Kid. It's straight up a direct sequel that plays the same, with some improvements. So basically a perfect sequel.

One thing I hated about this game was the lack of original techniques.
Why does Kid Trunks have Burning Attack?
Why does Kid Trunks have Kamehameha?
Why does everyone have Kamehameha?

>yfw they fucked up the GT game.

>Why does Kid Trunks have Burning Attack?
>Why does Kid Trunks have Kamehameha?

Because Kid Trunks doesn't actually have any original moves. Not a single one stands out.

Vegeta doesn't have a Kamehameha and the Son family makes sense to have them.

1 was really garbage though. Every boss turns into strafing and then quickly turning around to punch them once or twice before they can get a hit in, back to strafing, rinse and repeat.

first game is probably the best DBZ game as far as I remember.

>for some reason
It's because when they made a game for GT it was a really shitty beat em up instead.

>>Because Kid Trunks doesn't actually have any original moves. Not a single one stands out.
Wow this is actually true, both him and Goten basically only exist for Gotenks.

You fucking idiot

The game is fucking awesome, friend. Go for it.

i really enjoyed finalbout.

these games are all great in their own.

these are japanese imports though. so it was initially a challenge trying to navigate through them lol.

There's a certain part in the game where the game file gets corrupted, and it's happened to me on two different occasions in the past 6 years. I never got past that part... It was somewhere in the mountains with the golden skull machines, then the colours become distorted and different tiles start overlapping and then it freezes with a high pitch ringing.

Not really, LoG series was relevant because there was absolutely no western release for the RPG entries (Famicom and Super Famicom ones), and emulators/IPS patches weren't a thing for everyone. I was hyped as fuck to finally play a non-fighting DBZ game for the first time. That's probably why it sold that much.

Also, it came out at the same time that other western DBZ titles arrived on PS2/GC.

Is there a patch by any chance? I want to play them on my PSP right now :(

I'm glad when people genuinely discover games here in Cred Forums and are legit happy for it, and thanks to kind anons.

Makes me not give up on Cred Forums

Have a good time my friend

AND Buu's Fury is the best. Replay the first two before going in!

The ROM always gets hung up when you're in other world going to meet the grand kai.

These games (LoG1 mostly) could easily stand to get some kind of enhanced remake.

LOGH1 is the only one that needs a remake
I mean

>No Kaioken or Spirit Bomb
The fuck is that shit.

Kircheis already had the Kaioken.

I'm afraid about Webfoot touching them again. I mean, they're an okay developer, but not by any means I think they could improve anything in that game by remaking it to current standards. LoG II is so magical because they had to get over the hardware limitations and deliver a great game. They had to be very creative.

>LOGH1 is the only one that needs a remake
True, but if you're going to remake the first one you might as well remake the other two, if only to add more movie/filler content and smooth some things out.
For instance, I liked the leveling system in 2 better than 3 because it was interesting to see how the characters had different growth patterns in 2, while 3 was just way too easy to break.

Remaking the series also opens up possibilities to make LoG 4/5/6: Super.

2 had the punching bag where you could auto level if you were a piece of shit and had a turbo controller. I dont think 1 or 3 had anything like that

Tfw no LoG GT, Super game

>yfw still waiting for input lag to end

Why the hell didn't they make a LoG style GT game? It was perfect for that.

Never ever know since Atlus is basically dead.

Played II some years ago and was awesome, how good are the rest?

Had an amazing sound track though
youtube.com/watch?v=FF95mmbAKqI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWido2mTfcI
youtube.com/watch?v=KhWhYbeddXI