Great idea but not a programmer:

Camping Simulator.
Someone get on it. I've been wanting this for years.
The Forest is close but doesn't have the in-depth firebuilding, tent pitching, and cooking options I crave.
Bonus points if it's VR compatible.

ill one up you there

sex simulator

I crave this as well. Add some realistic hunting and beer drinking and driving and you have a perfect game

fuck you, i want a simulator simulator

I don't -need- hunting, but it would be a lot of fun.
If it was super realistic that'd be cool, but even if it was the quality of My Summer Car, if it had multiplayer that would be amazing to just fuck around in and hangout with some strangers around a campground, logging in and fishing or whatever, then eventually packing your gear up and moving to another campground/server.

what's the failure condition in camping?
not getting eaten by a bear?
not freezing to death?

i feel like outdoor survival would make a great mechanic in a much larger game but a game about putting yourself in the wilderness with a bunch of modern amenities (aka gear) would be boring as hell

...or you could just play survival kids

We finally FINALLY need a fucking survival game. Why hasn't there been a single one ever released? WHY HAS NO ONE EVER MADE A SURVIVAL GAME????

>He's an ideas guy

We were on the same wavelength with the MSC deal. I think it would be fun if it was a driving sim almost like jalopy but the point is to have the ultimate camping trip experience. You could upgrade your tents and gear maybe a car/camper by doing activities like geocaching and finding rewards, wildlife spotting, fishing etc.

No one said anything about failure or survival, friend

Why not just go camping yourself

Cuz I hate camping in the winter

mobygames.com/game-group/genre-wilderness-survival

The Long Dark is already a camping simulator and it's OK

The long dark is probably the closest you're gonna get to this, it's actually really good now.

It also has customizable difficulty so you can make it more or less realistic depending on what you prefer.

>great idea
>absolutely nothing about gameplay, mechanics etc

>Why not just hunt monsters/go to war/save the world/rescue the princess/winning the championship, the race/kill the aliens yourself

why not just go out camping?

Mexico isn't ready for more autists burning more fields

Maybe some of us have jobs, and can't really go camping and then to work the next day? Or don't live in the same town as their friends, but want to enjoy the relaxing experience together?

Surely, even Americans are allowed to go on vacations sometimes, right? Or do you get fired immediately?

the overlords usually tell them to fuck off

mfw

not really an argument, but even if it was it'd be a dumb fucking argument. ofc a normal person realistically will never do any of the things you mentioned, but in no way are they comparable to camping. literally get a tent and a sleepingbag from your parents basement etc. and leave your fucking house, it's that simple.
fuck you user, you really triggered me.

O B S E S S E D

I only get 2 weeks of use/lose vacation. I usually end up having to take sick days to do anything worthwhile.

Dumb frogposter

Sorry user, I just can't think of any other country where the very notion of going on a camping holiday makes someone go "haha and miss work the next day? not fucking likely"

Winter campin can be fun if you're prepared and equipped but now that winter is just a constant snow/melt cycle instead of comfy snowy camping everything's just mud and dead shit and gloomy skies, it fucking blows

At least that's how it is in my state, snow never stays for more than 2 days max

Because camping sucks.

Dumb normie

Pro tip, stop spending your time on escapism to compensate for your shitty life and instead spend that time and energy improving your shitty life so you don't need to half assedly simulate something as mundane as fucking camping.

I do camp I just don’t have much time to really enjoy it year round. Some of us aren’t NEETs. Maybe it would be enjoyable to come home after a long day and relax with a comfy camping sim.

>comfy
I wasn't quite sure whether you were a subhuman-tier retard until now. Thanks for confirming it

I bet this is all blumpf's fault

>I just don’t have much time to really enjoy it year round.
Hence why you need to improve your shitty life so you DO have the time to do the things you want to do.

It's amazing how infuriated people get at the idea of a camping simulator.
Like jesus there's so many other, reasonable things you could all get upset over, but no the notion of a camping simulator is what crosses the line.

That’s about what it is here. Snows for a day, it doesn’t stick, then it gets nice and warm but it’s raining. It’s either raining and warm or nice out and freezing

Any country that isn't in the third world

Go the fuck outside you soylent boylents

Because camping is literally:
>Be me
>sleep outside
Who would want to sim that, just go outside. Sleep in your backyard, make a fire in a coffee tin.

OP is probably an apartment cuck or something.

They might not be white people, so it's not socially acceptable.

And EuroTruck Simulator is literally:
>Be me
>drive a vehicle
But you all jerk yourselves off over that constantly.

Not op but the other fag. Admittedly a townhouse. I barely have enough room in my garage for my kayaks.

I always felt a trainer game that would help someone learn about birds and insects and mushrooms and tree and plants would be neat. like you are walking in the woods and hear a call and spot it in your binoculars and it would pull up a card with details on it. or if you see a mushroom you could get really close to it and another card would be pulled up. sure you can do that irl but you can also go fishing and we have had plenty of those games.

ticks

Make it about completeing the Appalachian Trail. That gives you a real objective and failure state: winter.

Agreed. The absolute STATE of this board.

I don't really give a shit if it's God's judgement or basic nature or if Trump stuck his dick directly in the ozone and fucked the planet, it sucks and it's not changing back. I guess I'd better suck it up and move North.