Aaaaaaaaand dropped

Aaaaaaaaand dropped

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8GeosHfw8Tw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well he is the casual filter of the game

Lolno, nerg is the casual filter, this motherfucker is
>we've ran out of ideas to make the game more challenging so let's make an elder dragon that's actually a fucking horse, and have it one-shot players with 35 lightning resist

He's all about spacing and his attacks are so telegraphed you'd only get hit if you weren't paying attention to your surroundings, though this fight is the only one I wish the FoV of the game was larger. Also Elder Dragon is just a title, they don't actually have to be dragons.

>>we've ran out of ideas to make the game more challenging so let's make an elder dragon that's actually a fucking horse, and have it one-shot players with 35 lightning resist
but user kirin is a gen one monster

litteraly get gud : the boss

It's a JP thing.

Ixion was my favorite aeon in FFX.

Not that user but
>kirin is a gen one monster
It sure shows, considering he's a (literal) one-trick pony

No, literally get a bowgun: the boss

>literally just farmed his gear
whats the problem?

How is he hard?
You stay behind him, you hear him make any noise and you dodge.
You see the ground light up, get behind him again.

He’s only tedious, since the fucker jumps around a lot but there’s not much to it.

He's the midcore filter. The real filter is that, the rank 49 tempered Kirin and what follows, an unfun gacha grind.

>went full alloy set with a uragaan helmet for max possible thunder resist besides the kirin set
>element resist food, thunder resist gems
>kirin thunderbolts still eat my asshole apart

even worse if it's tempered

greatsword shits on him, too.

yeah that was the one I was referring to, casuals would never capture every monster to even unlock low-rank kirin

Nobody get oneshot with 35 Lightning considering I don't with 0. Eat fucking food, you're not supposed to walk there with 100 Health. Worse comes to worse VIT jewel are easy to get by and a single one is already more than enough.

More like get a bowgun: the game

Farm the entire Uragaan set and play Lance.

i can tell this is your first monster hunter

Hammer as well, just need to keep him in the large area with the slope. Keep jumping/spinning on it.

Any of you faggots having trouble with HR 49 kirin, stop crying and use GS, just run around and do no charged draw attacks to the horn. It'll fall down after a few, then punish it. Rinse and repeat. You probably won't get hit once and it takes 15 mins tops.

Your point being? I literally beat every single quest solo up to this point with my only failures being 1 from toestra because I didn't expect an explosion that vaporizes you, and 1 from Val hazaak because he hit me and cut my health in half at the same time. Now I have this random horse cock-blocking me due to shitty design, despite trying all of my weapon and armor sets and stacking lightning resists

Well plenty of people can beat it solo. Sounds like a personal problem and not shit game design famalam

Learn the fucking monster jesus christ

Kirin ain't even hard. Just get guard-up and block everything.

Kirin is easy as hell man
Every attack he does is anticipated by lightning, you have all the time you need to dodge
Just dont spam like a retard and use your mantles if you really suck that much

So this is the first time in the entire game you haven't finished a quest the very first time you attempt it? An you come screaming on here about how shit the design of the fight is because you have to approach it differently? Normies

Oroshi Kirin when?

I beat him second try having never fought him til tempered, solo, with gs (my first monhun, too)

Hopefully never, if they do the same shit where it's the same fight but with lingering ice spikes instead of instant lightning, with the new amount of lightning spam World Kirin has, it'd be total AIDS

you guys did make cute brown tomboy hunters right?

Tried doing that with the uragaan set and the lance, but when it gets the lightning aura all the attacks bounce off, I can use the power stab to not get deflected but then that shit leaves me wide open while its enraged going ape-shit casting lightning everywhere

I don't think there would be many feelings better than beating AIDS though

he was in the leaked list, we are only missing him, lunastra, deviljho (this spring) and alatreon
if capcom isn't pulling a jew we get them all in one package

How does elderseal works? One Nerg weapon is enough?

>runs you over 3 times then fireball
psssht, nothin personnel...kid...

Wait, you need to capture every monster to unlock low rank Kirin?
I think I did that by accident. Wasn't even trying to.

>Your point being?
fucking kek, you retards always miss the point.

"Does" and "works" don't go together.

fuck, forgot pic

This game is super fucking easy.

I want to cum inside Kirin and raise satyr hunters!

>he

Does it matter? Nerg weapons are the only thing in their game that needs a universal nerf. I'll fucking laugh my ass off when those things are only good for fighting Elder Dragon's and do fuck all to the rest of the game (as it should have been from the start).

>has

fuck decorations and fuck gems

The blue marks on the ground mean lightning is going to strike there, press the roll button to dodge out of the way before it strikes!
If you're behind him and he rears up he's going to try to kick you, press the roll button to dodge out of the way!

Kirin telegraphs everything in advance more so than any other monster, are you an idiot?

Nerg weapons are strong but handicraft to white sharpness on other weapons is stronger

>Started MonHun with P3rd a week ago, LS
>Doing village quests, game is a breeze
>Get to 5*
>"Oh shit, it's Nargacuga, I've heard about it, probably gonna be a little difficult"
>Jumps around the area like crazy, can barely get a hit in, takes 25 minutes, 10 mega potions
>Feel like I'm too shit for this game
>Whatever, I'll do the low rank Guild Quests
>Decide to switch to GS
>Feels great knocking monsters with a huge sword
>Some monsters still take long, some less than with LS
>4* Guild Quest - Narga
>Feel like it'll take me 50 years with GS, try LS again
>Predict 90% of it's moves, keep hitting it continuously, break its wings, break its head, cut its tail off
>Down it in 14 minutes
What the fuck is happening?

Imagine being this bad, are you the same person who keeps making these threads?

Buff arms and a stylish horn?

Now im sure kirin is the casual filter

I beat tampered kirin without losing a life in duo and it's my first MH ever, if you can't beat him then don't expect to break the HR99 cap.

This monster has a funny face

Looks like he's pooping light balls haha

they're the best all round weapons sure but you can get a lot more raw damage out of the xeno or diablos weapons, elemental is something else entirely

First half of fighting a Kirin is not playing so aggressively and the other is fucking off so you don't get hit from her bolts.

There you go easy no cart quest complete.

Isn’t that teostra? First fucker to make me actually fail a quest, breezed through the game solo until I fought him. First time I had to actually gear for a specific boss and make some fire resist armor. Every other elder is cake compared to that faggot

Nonsense just look at that handsome fella

So I know no one cares about the deepest lore of MH, but how does the commission's whole "study nature, not destroy it. be in balance" thing justify having the arena?

Thanks

I just want to know if it's useful against the elder dragons I'm about to face.

Fuck you kill all monster scum for sport

the hr100 quest is pretty easy to just brute force, since the tempered elders have reduced hp, kirin just stops idiots from progressing

That's called learning. It's a fun feature in humans. Makes games like Monster Hunter much more enjoyable.

Where's my fucking focus decoration you nigger game?

>ran out of ideas
>kirin has been in monster hunter for ages
You're just utter shit at this game. It's okay.

I guess you could argue it gives the chance for many researchers and/or inexperienced hunters to observe monsters fighting as well as seeing it perform outside its natural habitat.

they say the monster is released after you beat it up in the area, despite carving it

i wish the orange-haired bro hunter and his handler had more appearances in the game

>tfw to dumb to make sets

I'll maximize raw, but my other skills will look like shit.

SLIMED

If the monster wins it gets to go free

Didn’t mean to double quote
>spent all night playing monster hunter
>lack basic coordination to operate a phone properly
No wonder he seemed hard

No user, it's BRACHED

>Weapons the require a maxed out skill can outperform a bare Nerg weapon with no skills

No shit. That doesn't change my point though. Nerg weapons are too good and need a nerf. It's gimmick should be Elderseal, and that's it.

I'm just happy that he's far away from Sophia

>Tfw friends are complaining that certain monsters are a strong counter to their weapon and I'm just enjoying life with the GS

I'd watch that

git gud skrub

Too brown for that face. Should've tanned

>really they have to win a dozen different fights
>then get shipped to a different more lavish researcher arena and do it all over again against higher HR hunters.

You must be a serious brainlet not to understand something that simple.

>friends are complaining that certain monsters are a strong counter to their weapon
Why don't they try another weapon?
Hell I've played everything with at least a basic level of competence besides HH and Bow at this point across all MH games.

Diabolos outperforms them

But think of all the pussy they must get once released

haha what if the researchers asked you to gather kirin semen to artificially insemination another kirin haha

>Diablo weapons outperforms it on shitter monsters that don't matter

Wow, so epic.

>there are still people who think Kirin is hard
>there are still people who don’t realize Kirin is actually based on a mythological creature
World is actually for retards isn’t it?

I hope you're saying this while having played any monhun except for World. Else there really is no hope for you.

I just realized how cuckoldish guildmarm fags are.

Threadly reminder that Long Ma/Kirin is a thing in Chinese mythology.

sauce?

>We need a monster
>Just use the kelbi skeleton and moveset
>But kelbis only have like one attack?
>Just make lightning shoot up from the ground around it while it stands there

>maxed out skill
It's literally a single Lv2 gem lol

Flower Knight Dakini

>not even 200 hours in
>already beyond bored of the game

Worst MH to date desu, only an ultimate version can hope to fix this and it's unlikely since it'll probably have the same garbage fucked up online lobby system

I mean this in as serious a way I can, even if you're baiting: kill yourself.

Why?

>eat for ele resist and gem some lightning res in
>still get one shot
>put on thunder mantle
>now im kinda tanky, now we're cooking
>kirin runs away for a bit
>leap off cliff to chase after I sharpen
>get ZAPPED from top of cliff
>as im falling he headbutts me right before I hit the ground
>im now stunned
>cart like a fucking bitch
ITS NOT THE ONESHOTS ITS THE FUCKING COMBOS, WHAT IS THIS STREET FIGHTER BULLSHIT, YES IM IMPRESSED

You did better than I did, I ran out of things to do around 100 hours in.

he must be the scrub filter then

>when you're a gunner and don't have these meleebab problems
Feels good

Actually, Diabolos weapons outperform nerg weapons period. You are garbage if you need elderseal

>World literally has the easiest elders
>people are still having trouble with him
Catering to the west was a mistake if they can't even kill easy shit. They're going to make the next game even easier now. Fuck this gay earth.

>every nerg hunt it's me plus 3 lances and full guard sets
>every Anja hunt is me plus 3 hbgs
>every Kirin hunt is me plus 3 lbgs
Makes me lmao when I see lance and lbg go up a few percents in popularity because of these monsters

No. There's just a massive amount of casualfags that play it. Literally cod players and dumb chads play it now.

>Uragaan set + Lance

Is there anything that can compete with feeling this good? I feel as though I am a god, invincible to everything.

How do you get such clean lines for transparency pngs like this?

MonHun going mainstream was a mistake. It brought in braindead underages like you.

Is gore magala in MHW?

Not yet, but I think it was on the leaked list

>lance
What are you, Japanese? Gunlance all the way, explosions can't bounce!

Just use the rathalos bow and close range coatings. Pop a dash juice right before you fight him and circle spam his face. He's super easy to KO and his whole front half is jelly. Plus with ranged weapons your armor has increased elemental resistance.

At 100 hours in I quit and just started replaying 3U

Fuck you for killing Monster Hunter.

>The one single monster that didn't get nerfed for World makes casuals immediately drop it

Not surprised

Hammer

He's 30% head and superpound doesn't bounce

Nerg is way easier than Kirin, at least for a first run.

really? This is my second Monhun and Teostra Wasn't an issue with me at all. I beat all the Elder Dragons save Niggergante on my own, first go.

The fights I had trouble with were Niggergante, Black Diablos, and Azure Rathalos.

All three of those monsters can drown in irradiated Trump vomit. Not even that they were hard. Just obnoxious as fuck.

Nope, sorry friend. Hopefully they add more than just what was on the list over time.

Entitled.

I feel like majority of weapons have a way to ignore bouncing at world.
Which weapons are even left that still have to deal with that shit?

Local wind controlling dragon bested by a handful of small insects

The game forced Azure Rathalos on my enough that I learned to deal with him again. But if they add Silver as DLC or something, I'll go nuclear.

>needing guard at all
You could just load up on things that increase attack/affinity and almost stunlock everything instead of playing like a shitter.

I honestly don't understand why people enjoy this piece of shit of a game.

Then don't play it

two of them can be 100% flash cheesed and the other one is an easier diablos.

>OMG I can't predict a loony tunes telegraphed charge so broken.

That's because you're autistic

Because the gameplay is actually fun unlike every monhun before 4

Haven't tried LS, Lance, S&S or HH yet, but everything else has some way to not bounce. Kinda trivializes Mind's Eye.

How do you know what monsters you captured? I want to finish all optional quests but I have a really bad memory and don't want to do easy shit again if I don't have to.

it's on your guild card boi

it says in the hunters guide

Goddamn, how do people still not know what Kirin is based on. It's name is literally the same, no changes.

>find monster
>flash pod
>it recovers
>flash pod
>it angrily flies up
>flash pod
>it tries flying away
>last second flash pod plummets it back down
the "harder" fights are grounded fights like kirin lmao. thank god jho doesnt have wings. i dont understand why they didnt give tempered monsters immunity to flash pods/traps

Hunting Horn's base song always is movement speed and anti-bounce. Several Lance moves ignore bounce. SnS I don't know and I dropped LS so fast that I've forgotten, but I think some of it's stuff works, but might require buildup with moves that will bounce.

龍馬? I thought Kirin meant giraffe in nip

I guess I'm having trouble because I don't have good gems.

Bow user

I swear, most world babs would get bodied by a fucking gypceros.

I hate the retard run flying wyvrens do

It means beer you dope.

It's so weirdly slow in World too, the animation plays at half speed

Wear the right armor if you keep dying.

i'm just saying man no need to get defensive

>"phew! that fight was intense!"
>now go kill the monster 20 more times to make good equipment

That shit always overwhelms me and make me drop the game. At least in World I managed to get to the endgame instead of dropping the game on Tigrex.

I just generally hate that for most monsters their most dangerous thing is not their fangs, or claws, or fire or magic from ass, but that they waddle over you.

You don't have to. I got to G-rank is 4U when I played it and barely grinded. I think I made like three armor sets the whole way. One low rank, one early high and one late high. Similar numbers for weapons.

All MHs before 3 suck.

To be fair they are the size of a bus and you're a mouse to them

>lance
>stunlock
Get out bitter misinfo.

>wow I have to play the game to make stuff
I hate it when people just want to bumrush to endgame. You don't need to grind as much if your smart with your gathering.

No one gives a shit about chinkshit. End yourself.

Do you wanna know how I know you've not fought a HR49+ tempered Kirin yet?

I know it makes sense, but it always just feels so lame. Also trample attacks are more likely to put you in corner so you are stuck between wall and monster's feet resulting in hit, hit, KO, cart.

first monhun, and I believe the combat to be superior to souls games almost. Just did odagaron and that shit made me learn to block

How does one play Long Sword?
Feels like getting a full roundslash combo is harder than anything else that is slow and needs setup. Even with GS you can just blow your load early and get something out of it, with LS you need to finish that thing and do it three times for full power.
And if the monster doesn't kick you out of your combo, or just walk away, they get tripped and fall in such way that the finisher misses.

I use the same hair, it's the patrician's choice, mein Neger

Is stun random in World? In previous games you'd only get stunned by getting hit multiple times in a row but in this it seems like any random individual hit can stun you

If you play weapon other than ether lance, you are doing it wrong. Lance and gunlance block, everything else moves the fuck out of the way.

abuse the counter until you're level 3 spirit charge, then you start the dunk loop until its dead

airborne gems a mandatory

you can get a quick spirit upgrade by using the counter. if enemies don't give you the openings to finish the combo, then try to counter instead. you can counter their roars for a free upgrade

Use any attack into Foresight Slash parry into R2 to instantly gain a spirit level.

Then practice aiming your anime finisher.

oroshi is best pony

>carted twice to Nerg
>already carted once to Black Blos

I see today is masturbation day instead of MH day.

the airborne skill doesn't affect that attack

That's what I kinda thought, the counter seems much easier way to get the roundslash.
Though then I wonder, how did people play LS before World?

This. Don't let literal autists tell you otherwise.

I feel bad. I carried my newbie friend through this game. He wouldn't play solo regardless but still. He never experienced the joy of overcoming an obstacle in MH by your own sheer force of will

It was a slower game.

Prediction, and getting cheeky hits in with the edge of the round slash since it's so huge
Also fade slash -> R2 leads into a shorter spirit combo

But that's wrong I just love Brachy more than her too.

LS has always been one of the easier weapons, the only real frustration was getting in a spirit combo on certain monsters. It helped to get evasion skill to dodge roars so you could get more openings.

ME NO LIKE CULTURE GRRRR CULTURE BAD BIDEO GAME GOOD !

MHWorldies can't into easy monsters
This is nothing new
I bet you fucks can't even beat this pony with a great sword

>Greatsword made into an actual fun weapon because of how hard draw slash was looked down on compared to overhead and true slash
>bring back Kirin, the most boring motherfucker to fight who has the most boring draw slash tactics of fighting it
good job! I love running around like a headless chicken! Thank you fetishists who can't drop its shit armor for demanding Kirin in every game!

No really, defend why Kirin needs to even exist. Let me guess
>b-but it forces you to use a different playstyle
fucking wrong because Odo does the exact same playstyle as Kirin except so much better. Kirin has 0 reason to exist

the only thing Kirin ever had was the Kirin+Yama Dual Blades in MHFU which are surprisingly still to this day the ONLY good dual-elemented weapon in the franchise. Nothing else is good about it

more like get gud with a bowgun: the game

Chink culture is awful tho

>kirin hard
>literally just don't stand in the glowing spot
Literally basic mmo tier mechanics

>bowgun shitters actually think their weapon requires any sort of skill
every time, lel

this exact same thing but with GL, because its actually good

This is easily the easiest mon hun game to kill Kirin on, and he wasn't even difficult in the other games. Just stop playing the game if you're so shit at it. Pro tip: consider trying different weapons against different monsters, trying to kill Kirin with a Longsword like a retard is beyond stupid when you can use a GS or Hammer against it.

>makes puns like Ace Cadet
>after finishing the HR100 quest
>"You should meet my master, he is totally Ace!"
8-4 needs to be stopped

You are just too fucking bad at this video game, you can cry me a fucking ocean fuckboy, all i hear is "baaaah mommy the meany boss is too stronk ;( bad design"

Neck yourself casual fuck.

GL is so fun in this game, that wide slam is so satisfying

too bad random shelling still feels like a waste of time

But isn't he the Ace Cadet?

Just use Upslash, downslam, full burst, wide slash, reload combo

You must be fucking retarded, everybody with a tiny bit of education knows that chinese culture before the Mao era is one of the most interresting shit ever.

I wish /lit/ could see how braindead you are

Have I then just overstated the importance of the boost. Feel like if spirit combo requires lots of setup, it means less time in red-aura, which mean loss of dps.

Considering that in 4U I played Charge Blade where the setup is pretty easy and Switch Axe which literally rewards you from running away and hiding in corner with more sword juice.

I just can't wrap my mind how you casualfags have no way of beating fucking Kirin of all things. Maybe, just MAYBE, try a different weapon? In Freedom Unite I used specific weapon against specific monsters; hammer pretty much destroys Kirins, a HBG beats Black Gravios, Lance against Nargacuga, Gun
Lance against white Fatalais, Bow against Rajang, GS vs Diablo. Stop being such a fag and think before taking a quest. Your LS isn't gonna carry your baby ass through the whole fucking game.

>you're bad at the game!
Kirin is an easy and unfun monster. I never die to the fucking thing, I just have absolutely no fun against it. Just like Kut Ku it is a shit fight that has no reason to exist except
>muh fetish armor!
>muh nostalgia!
Kirin is the worst Elder Dragon in the franchise. I say this willingly even after fighting gen 1 and 2 Fatalis and every incarnation of Lao

>full party with 13 flash pods each
>mfw cucking Teostra endlessly

>Waah stop making fun of my shitty culture meanie
Off to the rice fields with you, faggot

What's the best weapon?
I use bow but I feel like I don't do enough damage

>kirin is so easy just dodge the blue ecksdee
until your weapon bounces at an inopportune moment because fuck you causing you to get combo'd to death or oneshotted

>Your LS isn't gonna carry your baby ass through the whole fucking game.
You gid gud and it will. Also no need to spend time grinding materials for all weapons.

yeah but then you're forced to go with the rathian gl every hunt, I like to switch it up

One of the challenges with using LS is that you needed to get in the spirit combo as well as stay aggressive almost constantly. The fade slash is really god for repositioning in place of dodging. And you only have to land the final hit of the combo to level up the gauge, so even against the most annoying enemies you could consistently pull off spirit combo if you knew their patterns.

Proper use of boost, sheath attacks, unleash big boy combos whenver possible, A LOT of that "fadeaway" slash. Really good against elders like teostra, kushala etc, average and outclassed by other weapons against other monsters. It was one of the most versatile weapons though

nice excuse, but no

>Bow
>not enough damage

It's second in popularity and leads Nerg speedrun times. Just abuse your wall attack.

You git gud at all the weapons son. You take out Kirin out 3 times faster using Hammer. Save your LS for elders.

Being elitist about monster hunter is pretty dumb... I think world strikes a good balance for difficulty.

I think the bigger issue is how most of the monsters, especially at high ranks, are some type of wyvern.

But that again makes LS sound kinda difficult, which goes against what you(?) said about it being one of the easiest.

Thing is I was thinking about getting back to 4U and picking up new weapon, and LS is kinda cool on offset, but I'm not sure I want to go with weapon that takes me another 100+ hours to just get in the groove.

>People talking about how MHW is killing the series.

Honestly, good. The games were nothing but poorly designed grindfests to begin with. Even their one redeeming element of having good fights was undermined by introducing monsters with bullshit attacks rather than complex ones.

you can't just wish to dress like a slut, you have to deserve it

>weapon bounces
>not hitting weak spots
>letting your weapons get that dull
Sounds like a player flaw

bow does incredible damage if you have the right weapon and skills. go look up some builds.

To be fair. Hammer makes almost anything easy. Such a easy mode weapon. "Hey, what if we make weapon that's really mobile and also hits hard".

Nerg is the casual filter but I've seen people quit at Rathalos/Rathian when they get cucked by the flying.

Kirin is just annoying. Too much health, incredibly small weakpoint, spammy with his abilities and constantly charges and runs so you're not dodging his telegraphed abilities, you're chasing after him and dealing damage one or two hits at a time before you're back to chasing/dodging.

Seriously, fuck Kirin. Not because Kirin is hard but because he's zero fun to fight.

>there are people that unironically pussy out and swap weapon when they hit a bump instead of truly mastering the weapon through everything
overcoming the monsters your weapon is bad against are the most fun fights imo

How do you get tempered elder investigations? No matter how many tracks I find I don't get shit. Getting bored of tempered low tier monsters.

how do I get people to join my arena quest I do not want to grind for the ryu costume all by myself

You mean Charge Blade?

LS is easy in the sense that nearly anyone can pick it up and kill monsters without big issues, but bad players will probably have pretty long hunt times. It's considered a noob weapon since it has a low skill floor, but I'd argue that it has a high skill ceiling on top of that. Especially so in World where they added a relatively tricky counter as well as the helm breaker.

I only just dealt with Anjanath and having looked up Bazel's gear, that fucking Earplugs is looking super fucking attractive right about now.

Current setup is:
Pulsar Shotel III/Magda Facultas I (Attack Jewel)
Zorah Headgear Alpha / Ingot Helm
Los Mail
Alloy Vambraces Beta
Kadachi Coil
Hornetaur Greaves
Defense Charm II/Handicraft Charm

Everything is around 40-44 defense. How bad of a time will I have? Do you think I could manage to at least unlock an investigation with it barring failing to cap it in an Expedition? Also what's the best way to farm Decorations?

>tfw rolling through all my items to find my vitality mantle
>cart just as I finally find it

Fuck that item wheel. The radial menu is a clusterfuck too.

sorry but you cant convince me to bring dual blades to anjanath or jho

>[end game monster] is a casual filter

fucking stop
this game has no true casual filter because they want the casuals to stick around

>not hitting weak points
The problem is often that weak points are near bounce points and the monster moving a bit can cause slow weapons to hit off target.

it's completely random. find a tempered kirin quest and follow it around for 30 minutes, he's the one that drops tracks most often in my experience. if I'm lucky I'll get 5 investigations in less than 10 minutes.

Stop playing japanese videogames then idiot.

DB is easy against Anja if you know the right place unser his asshole to whale on.

Xeno with DB however is a piece of shit.

Whatever you say man. After hundred of hours into the game, you'll be using most if not all the weapons. Maybe that's just my playstyle, since I beat every single G rank quest in Freedom Unite and Tri solo. Beating the double Rajang quest in Freedom Unite would have been impossible dfor me without being good at using a Bow, so even if I'm a gunlance fag, I know that the best way to play the game is by being the best you can be at it. Also G rank quests take a fuckton of time if you don't optimize every little thing. You can take out that Tigrex in 8 minutes with a Lance, or spend 40 minutes trying to hit him with Dual Swords.

I've beaten ever monster in the series at least once with Lance but that sure as FUCK doesn't mean I ever want to fight Gaurga with Lance again

Look at all these fuckin "git gud" fags. "game is so easy omg how do u evn get hit lol?" 20 bucks says all of these fags carted at minimum a handful of times during their playthrough, and very likely can't even solo elders sub 5 minutes.

MH fanbase is one of those where everybody acts like they're good at the game. I'm sorry, but if you don't have a single good solo time on a monster that isn't straight garbage, and/or have a few A ranks in the arena then you're not good at this game. You're just competent enough to not triple cart on any given quest, but you're not fucking good.

I fought tempered Kirin with 30+ lightning resist, 300+ defence with 180 health and nearly got one shot with his lightning strikes.

>craft a level 1 thunder resist pendant
>keep wearing odogaron armor because i'm not a sissyboi
>equip my elderseal dual swords
>dodge the lightning and quit being a bitch
>win

this is my first monster hunter and even i feel like i have seniority over you fags

By that metric basically every weapon is "easy" and is thus kinda useless distinction.

>gear based game
>if you dont sub 5 minute elder ur bad!!!
A ranks on arena is mandatory at least, i agree with that

git gud

maybe, but LS has a lot of fast, big and safe attacks, the basic combos are really easy for anyone to pull off whereas a lot of other weapons are slow and require commitment, so shitters are gonna die more often with other weapons

Not him, but if you charge your initial strike from sheathed with GS does it get the draw bonus? I just picked GS up, so that's pretty much how I play everything. I just run around and probe buttholes until I think I have a chance to convert more damage. Not good enough to rely on tackling through attacks a whole lot, but man it feels good when you do. I hit bageljuice so hard after a tackle earlier that he smashed open a wall I didn't know was breakable. And I didn't think I'd like GS at first. It's pretty fun.

>we want the mlp audience

Fucking dropped

>if you charge your initial strike from sheathed with GS does it get the draw bonus

Yes. This used to be the number 1 playstyle of GS in previous game, crit draw and focus being mandatory skills. Focus is still great in world but crit draw has lost its luster due to regular charge being nerfed in favor of true charge. You can still get by using the old playstyle however, so if you find it fun then keep at it.

Poogie...
Lay off the mushrooms

GUNNER ARMOR WHEN?

Seriously though I can see why people didn't like the Swordmaster/gunner and having to farm for two set of armors but isn't it the point of the game? Also I feel dumb going in full plated armor with my bow and bowgun.

Crit draw 2 + WE 3 is still really good since it's 100% crit on weak spots. On the other hand Focus isn't as great since uncharged true slash still does a shitload of damage and a longer charge time makes it easier to time tackles.

>charge hammer on 30 degree angle to slam head on uragaan
>perfectly fine
>charge hammer on 10 degree angle to slam head on uragaan
>start sliding and spin jump right over into a lava rock which explodes, sending me backwards towards the uragaans chin which was in the middle of a heavy slam which instant killed me

Who thought the sliding mechanic in this game was a good idea? It's more of a hindrance than any help. They should at least have given you an option to spin jump or finish with a regular attack

Exactly. To even get those kinds of times to begin with you need certain gear with certain skills. Those who aren't good at the game don't even bother trying to farm those pieces. IIl bet my retirement nobody itt is even confident enough in their abilities to use Heroics on something like Tempered Kirin without carting even once. But skating by aint even enough, you'll need a good time as well. So all these git gud fags need to git gud themselves before talkin shit. After all, the game is super casual and extremely easy right? Shouldn't be hard then right?

The Alpha/Beta high rank armor sets have some differences even from the same monster.

You know you can customize the item bar, and the radial menu, and even set the radial menu to work by highlighting and and releasing the button or highlighting and clicking r3
The default is a mess for sure but it's your own fault for not using the options they give to you to adjust it

I remember when people called capcom out for casualizing the game once they made whetstones infinite.

>Need certain gear and skills

Arena matches have preselected gear and items?

>heroics
vitality mantle

No, you just have to do the elemental mantle capture quests to unlock it.

>you can customize the item bar
How do you do that?
Can I set it to put most recent items in the back like previous games?

Why did they give Odogaron all the cool shit? I've been using his LR set forever only to replace it with the HR set. Not to mention his weapons are better looking then literally everything else.

Hey man, if you need a crutch that's fine. I've literally never used the Vit mantle because I'm not a sissyboy. Just don't call yourself good.

>that Azure Rath arena quest
This is a joke right
>absolute faggot that flies non stop
>half the melee weapons only have like 5 para knives at best to bring him down once
>the one ranged option, bow, has the most straight retardedly useless set with shit like fucking tremor res and slugger
Trying to solo this thing is awful

You'll get wrecked if you get hit. Also Bazel has a habit of flying really far away so bring flash pods and combines.

Also earplugs is a shit ability in World,
just block

>running from the monster
>controlling the camera
>press R3 to use item from the radial menu
>or press forward or hold R1+square or circle to roll for 10 items if you're not near the item you want

Clusterfuck.

you dumbly proclaimed no one would dare try heroics shenanigans. well vitality mantle exists, and fuck your retirement, guy

yeah I know but they still all feel like melee armor for the most part. I just miss my rathian gunner set.

Yes. You try getting an A rank on anything. It's fucking hard. I've only managed to A rank Pukei solo.

If you're trying to be good outside arena, then it's entirely about gearing for fast solo times.

>Why did they give Odogaron all the cool shit?

Because he's 100% Japanese based. His name is 100% Japanese. His set is 100% Japanese (Ninja gear). Japan likes to suck its own dick in its games.

I use LS, so, I can't.

lmao
world fetuses everyone

Its extra retarded because he's not even dangerous in that "I'm gonna fly for 5 minutes, spamming attacks" mode. You just walk in a circle and he never hits. Its not fun or challenging , its just tedious.

And I'm sure someone will say you can totally just run up a wall or slide on a hill and use the anime attacks of the dual knives but I really don't think that repeatedly abusing a bad AI and a weird attack should be the accepted solution.

Make like a drunk chick at mardigras and flash the fuck out of him.

You got flash pods, flashflies in the environment and that one palico gadget with the flashflies.

Just because it exists doesn't mean you have to use it fag. But even with Vit mantle, I triple dog dare you to sub 5 a tempered elder with Heroics active. Game is easy right? Shouldn't be a problem for you then. Post the vid faggot.

>tfw eyepatch + Odo armor + edgelord Odo Sin DBs on a huntress

Man, the Odo beta helm is so nice-looking but the skill is absolute shit.

Wait, they provide flashflies in the arena quest?

What part of "arena quest" was too hard for your comprehension.

>arena

Shit my bad, didn't notice that, nah your fucked, Pick up IG or something.

Nope.
Welcome to arena Nigger.

But seriously, that shit is bascally multiplayer only. Arena Monsters have multiplayer health and don't scale up when more people come, so you should seriously not even bother with solo

Yep, I still use crit draw in world. My point was that it isn't an absolute requirement anymore.
Regular charged attacks got nerfed pretty heavily so there is less reason to specifically buff them when true charge exists. As you said, even uncharged, true charge will do great damage compared to full and crit regular charge.

this backpedaling

post your sub five minute heroics run with no mantles (they are crutches) first, retard

>Flash flies in environment
>Palico

No, its an arena quest, so you don't have those fucking things. You have 6 flashpods total and the thing has multiplayer level HP even if you're in solo.

I got shat on twice using a switchaxe, so I went bow and promptly defeated him ~28 min or so; tempered kirin that is. Hit once, roll away for your life. Repeat.

Doesn't help that it's in the Gathering Hub and NOBODY FUCKING GOES THERE EVER so good luck even finding anybody to help you unless you have a buddy. I don't understand why they couldn't just include all the Gathering Hub shit in Astera and just make that the hub for everybody in the session. It's fucking retarded. This is probably the worst online system I've ever seen in an MH game.

>some differences
>a portion of your armor is now a different color

bring back the cooler armor differences

Never claimed to be good at the game. Since I never made that claim, I don't have to provide shit for proof you cumdrinker. You're the one tryin

G I T
U
D

Can't. Options are Sword and shield, Dual knives, Bow, and...some other useless weapon.

I've beaten him with the bow but I tell you, his level of HP is retarded. I spent like 35 minutes firing continuous level 3 charged arrows into his weakpoints, doing like 60 damage each volley. Its fucking tedious as hell but everythign that needs coins requires like 4 of the ratho coins each.

>Post Game Boss fight
>Casual filter

Why do you fucking retards use language you obviously don't fucking understand.

Open item pouch menu
Press triangle
Smack yourself for being blind and not noticing the controls on the bottom left of the screen that appears every time you open the item pouch
>run from monster
>keep camera pointed at monster
>don't run into walls or ledges because I'm not a retard and have object permanence
>hold one button and flick the stick to use an item in less than a second
>take 10 seconds to organize my item bar
Retard

Cool, I wasn't really planning on focusing on draw, it's just on a piece I kind of have to wear right now. Quick sheath seems helpful.

To all my fellow Gunlancers out there...Do you use Capacity Up? If so, how do you get it? Do you just slap on the Dodogama greaves or did you get lucky with a deco? And do you use Guard at all?

>guy literally talking shit from the bench
lmao
git gud

Arena is pure suffering, and it really sucks that pretty much all the arena weaponry is fucking good and looks awesome. Guess that's the price you have to pay though. They should adjust monster health in arena for solo/multi. There's no way I'm getting near any of those A or B times on the majority of those monsters, and doing that is the only way to get more than 1 of each fucking coin you need in rewards.

Yeah, I am. Was that not obvious? There's literally nothing wrong with calling git gud faggots out, because they themselves, aren't gud unless they prove otherwise.

Bazel is not as hard as people anticipate his is, even with blademaster
Just stick near his feet and move away from explosions; also he has a total of like 4 predictable attacks.
If all else fails just go ranged

you made up an arbitrary definition of gud, one that you yourself aren't even close to

Quick Sheath is like any of the other utility skills. It's just convenient, but it wont help you kill anything faster or do more damage. That's why you never see anybody rocking Quick Sheath +3 on any of their GS sets.

So why is Kirin the shitpost target this week? There's been several threads with kirin in the op bitching or any other thread gets one within a few posts in.

Shitters finally got to hr49.

>arbitrary
There's hundreds of Youtube vids of people doing absurd kill times. If that's not the standard of being good, then what is? Clearing all quests? Fucking please...

Don't know why everyone is pretending Kirin isn't incredibly obnoxious in this game compared to past games, he shits out way more thunderbolts and AoEs than in FU or 4U and when tempered you're likely to get oneshot if you don't have some sort of resistance or mantle. He was a fucking joke in past games but this time around he's irritating to fight with melee, I just go ranged against Kirin now.

you encounter him way before that tho

Not tempered.

videos that showcase minmax gem builds on STORY QUEST elder dragons while using mantles. also those videos took dozens of tries to record.

stay mad benchwarmer

boring first gen shit monster only brought back because of the stupid meme armor for females. FUCK YOU CAPCOM!

in low rank, where he's a minor annoyance. tempered kirin is the real target of the complaints because almost all of his shit ohko's if you go in unprepared.

If shitters are this bad with Kirin, imagine how bad they would be if they fought HOT MONKAY DICK

>No G-rank, game is too easy, waaa.
>This one monster manages to cart me, game is too hard, waaa.
People should decide what they want.

>Want
Daimyo Hermitaur/Shogun Ceanataur
Zinogre
Nargacuga
Aganktor
Mizutsune

>Would Be Okay With
Lunastra
Chameleos
Tigrex
R. Ludroth
Rajang
Astalos
Seregios
Lao Shan

>Eh
Lagiacrus
Congalala
Gammoth
Blangonga
Alatreon
Gore Magala
Fatalis

>Actively Opposed To
Jhen Mohran
Gypceros
Glavenus
Shagaru Magala
Nakarkos

A fast kill time is a fast kill time. To get those fast kill times, you're gonna need the gear. Not only did those good players put in the time to farm that gear, they also put in the time honing their technique and skill over multiple hunts to get those godly kill times. I don't know why you're trying to argue. I'm sorry you're not considered good at Monster Hunter, but the majority of people aren't, myself included. It's okay though user, you can't be good at everything. Not even video games.

Why the hate on Shagooly Magooly?

Post your tempered Kirin hunt then faggot. Please. I wanna see you eat your words.

>Literally name it after the mythological creature
For what purpose.

__________________________haven't gotten there yet, I'm taking my time, lol_____________

You know that world introduced a lot of new players right

>rolling in nerg gems
>can't get a tail for the life of me
PLEASE

>Crabs at the top of the list
They were easy as fuck in FU, what makes you think they'd even be good hunts in World? They weren't even fun to fight. They were just another babby-tier monster like Congalala or Kut Ku.

Because we need more fucking water monsters and the alternatives are shit like Plesioth.

how did we go from
>solo elders sub 5 minutes
>use Heroics on something like Tempered Kirin without carting even once
>if you need a crutch that's fine. I've literally never used the Vit mantle because I'm not a sissyboy
>I triple dog dare you to sub 5 a tempered elder with Heroics active

to
>A fast kill time is a fast kill time

So you talk shit on people having trouble with a monster that you yourself haven't even fought yet.

The absolute fucking state of Cred Forums

what does it mean when the monster icon is surrounded by a green aura

New players will find their struggles before tempered Kirin. And you are not telling me that the low rank Kirin would be gatekeepper for anyone.

user please, shittalking everyone was a thing ever since World was revealed

This version of crab was fucking awful to fight

That means your scout flies are currently set to track it

No I'm saying that the same people upset about G rank aren't the ones saying the game is too hard.

Because many fast kill times probably utilize Heroics. At least, that was the case in past games.

Short question, is there any reason to play online? Unless you have three friends that is.

Solo hunting is way more efficient.

but they cant track more than one monster at a time can they? cuz i was just in a hunt and out of the 3 monsters, 2 had this green aura

That was only because the PSP had shit controls for Monster Hunter. That's actually the only reason why anything was hard in that game

Online can be more fun. Or more frustrating. But that is part of the enjoyment.

I enjoy how they explain why gunners arent needed in the new world and how they had to get good lol.

Eh, not really. I have no friends that play, so when I multi it's always with randoms. All of my failed hunts were in multi, so it's definitely riskier, but sometimes you can get a good group. There's no actual benefit to multi over solo, unless it's Arena, so it kinda just boils down to preference. Sometimes I get bored of solo play and just wanna see other players.

when did they say that?

I never actually opened the item pouch, item management doesn't exist anymore so I never had a reason to.

I assumed it would be in the radial menu tab/settings and could never find it.

The commander guy explains why times had to change and things like gunners had to adapt to the new world so they don different armor for example and had to learn new things.

any reason to pick heavy bow gun over light?

It was early in the game in the few convoz i didnt x through lol. I cant find the specific incident.

To be fair gyp and the kuts are all cunts

youtube.com/watch?v=8GeosHfw8Tw

not even close
speedruns are just rocksteady facetanking now

Better for certain ammo types. Basically anything that isn't element/status.

Mad cuz bad

This is NOT okay.

Huh, really? Why would Rocksteady be better for damage over Heroics? Interesting. Couldn't any player worth his salt roll through roars consitently anyway?

You know I did user. Brown waifu > Lightskinned waifu

I loved punchy boi

>Cute
>Brown
Pick one

If you want to do big easy damage use Charge Blade

>Playing as a woman
LOL. The very idea of a woman fighting something is laughable and unrealistic even within a fantasy setting. There's a reason you only see the Handler cook shit instead of fighting something.

Why waste time rolling when you could keep attacking?

umderrated post

>pandering to the mlp audience
Dropped.
Enjoy your brony game soyboy cucks.

Because it's a bigger damage buff, so the time spent rolling is negligible when every hit you do does more damage over Rocksteady?? Idk, that's my thought, but maybe the damage buff isn't actually that much bigger over Rocksteady.

Hoooo, boy, ya got me. I actually cracked up laughing. Good on ya.

Hahaha how the fuck is low damage on bow real hahaha nigga just shoot the weak point Like nigga slot some constitution and spam evade charges haha

ALWAYS

If you can't beat tempered Kirin you are not good at this game. If you went online and found a 'build' to kill it you are also not good. If you killed it with slicing shots before the nerf you already know what I think of you.

Also you don't get one shot at 0 lightning resist. 'Almost' one shot isn't one shot it's going to take another hit to kill you. If you're really struggling max blight resist and take thunderproof/vitality mantles.

SOLO IS EASIER THAN MULTI

Fuck, Solo hunts are a joke where sometimes you just bounce even an elder dragon back and forth between knockdowns. You need 2 people min for the fucker to have real HP.

Who the fuck thought Zorah's mission's were a good idea?

>Also you don't get one shot at 0 lightning resist
Fucking doubt that. You're telling me tempered Kirin's blue circle death bolt wont straight up fucking kill from full health with no resist? I'm asking, not doubting. Never even tried to find out.

rocksteady lets you eat rolls and hits, the tables turn and the monster is the one flinching now

its literally kill before you get killed, way faster than heroics because heroics has to spend time not getting hit

>Fucking doubt that
>I'm asking, not doubting

????

Oh I think the really slow one will but no one gets hit by that. All the others leave you with at least some health and you shouldn't get stunned so long as you're not constantly tanking them.

>everyone builds up tempered Kirin to be some bullshit encounter
>just killed him without carting on my first attempt
Why are anons so bad at this game jesus christ

It's another disappointment just like pink rathian or black diablos

Online's a lot of fun, and it's a nice change of pace from solo hunts. If you haven't seen three japs instantly fail a hunt by eating Xeno's beam together, you're missing out

>elder dragon that's actually a fucking horse

No, it's actually an elder dragon, retard. It has four legs.

First time I carted and failed a quest was to Nerg
>Fight him the first time
>Hey this is pretty easy, he is already limping, let me follow him
>Why is he flying all the time
>Stop using your dive bomb please
>Why are spikes falling off the ceiling
>Scream in despair as I cart 3 times
Got him the 2nd time. I got really careless at the end there.

Pink Rath is a classic shitter wall since it's always used for the urgent quest to get into the rest of high rank

Come over to the generals once in a while. i've been leeching off one of those '''hardcore''' people until i've got As in all 9 quests and a few more weapons. Legitimately got carried hard desu, copy what weapons they use and what traps they use and watch as you melt the monster's health.

He's Ace Cadet, student of Ace Cadet

you wouldnt believe how much she walled me back in the day, that sideways backflip got me everytime
already took me like 3 days for my first yian kut-ku back in freedom

>Lance vs Pink Rath
>Motions like it's going to roar
>Start up a counter
>It keeps going
>Oh no
>Eat a tail to the face 0.1 seconds after my counter fails to counter anything
Good times

Anybody else use Hunting Horn?

Giant hunts are always bad. There's never been a time where they were good. The fact that they still exist means enough people like them that they outnumber the people that hate them.

every rare to see it. the one made out of bug wings is beautiful. so i Made it my sub weapon.

How does elderseal work? I managed to kill Kirin tempered with 150000 rising slashes from my sns but it took forever. I'm using the nerg upgrade and it still always bounces if I aim for anywhere but the horn and my nerg sns won't elderseal when I hit the horn I just have to wait until he's tired and the quest has 10 minutes left in it

pick the hammer its pretty solid vs him.

Zorah was especially bad since you never get to really attack it other than those odd lavacores.
That and the whole waiting around thing you do on its back after you finish that.

I kinda want to get into it but I don't want to shit it up online when I don't have much solo experience with it for obvious reasons. It's the only other weapon besides Bow and SnS that I have almost no experience with.

He's the only monster in the game that can even cart me. Every other monster is piss easy.

The Mohrans are cool the first time you fight them, god forbid you have to farm them though
Gog was cool but too much of an HP sponge
Nakarkos had a great concept but was a complete pushover

zorah is by far the worst huge mon, even first iteration lao was better
>cant use farcaster to get back to siege

Just got into it as a secondary weapon with Bazel horn + Vaal armor and it is fun as hell.

When they add g rank i hope they add silver rath. He will probably make shitters cry more than kirin

A casual filter isn't typically the hardest boss.

Gunlance bounce is pretty bad when it comes to executing the full unload combo. First strike usually bounces if you don't hit a weak point. Especially bad if your sharpness is wearing down.

G Rank will be easy as fuck in World. They gotta cater to casual shitters.

is stacking up on bow coatings hard, i would hate to run out of mats to craft coatings mid way

Just get the set with Mind's Eye and use the Nerg weapon. Yeah you won't be shelling but you'll knock Kirin over a ton.

Just make sure to always buff yourself up with Movement Speed and Attack Deflection Prevention, quickest way to do that is to play 3 white notes since songs combine. If you want to repeat a song quickly without banging out the notes just press R when you finish.

I think 2 with green aura means you have enough info for the scoutflies to track any of them, you have to pick which one on the map

Lmao yeah you've got to play the game. Over and over and over again. How dare other video games have a gradual escalation of scale and not slam the brakes every half hour like Monster Hunter, the perfect example of a hardcore singleplayer experience(after 150 hours).

You shouldn't be getting hit by kirins lightning at all. For melee that means don't get locked into long attack animations and notice his tell when he's about to do lightning and back off.
For ranged you just have to watch out for the grid lightning which is piss easy, you shouldn't be getting hit at all as ranged

Casual shitters are already dropping it at high rank, even more against tempered

>people defending a gen 1 monster just because someone who only played world didn't like fighting him
cease

>I'm bad, stop making fun of me
No

>10 years later
>Gunhammer still isn't its own weapon class

No idea I used Odogaron DBs to kill it. You don't bounce so you don't get caught in random stuff because it's white sharpness. I think it was that anyway I used some two piece rath soul/three piece xeno'jiiva garbage set to do it.

The only one that's dodgy is the one he leaves behind after a jump. You'll be hitting him and then he'll start jumping to the other side of the area and you'll get hit by the initial one.

Sometimes anyway it doesn't really happen that often and shouldn't kill you because he's charging off somewhere anyway.

I've used it a bit, but if I want to bonk things I go with hammer and lately lance has stolen my heart.

it has 99% of the hammer move set. why? what makes you believe it deserves its own spot. you know what REALLY deserved a spot? the boomerang. and it looks like the charge blade of the gunner category. did anyone ever ask them why they dint green light these designs?

Hunting Horn is only three buttons away from being a faster moving Hammer with a longer reach.

hey gunlance got in

gunhammer would be the gunlance of hammer. boomerang is ok too but i'd rather have TONFAS

>We got Insect Glaive and Kinsects instead of Whistle Swords and Falcons

how does one even get those games? do you need to go to a special site to get G versions? do you need to know chinese?

I know, it's a fun weapon, but it's just not hammer.

We didn't get Bat Man armor, but at least we got Glider Mantle

Only bullshit I've ever experienced with Kirin in MHW is I was fighting him in a small alcove in Coral Highlands and he started to do the AOE.
Since it was a small area the entire place had zero safe space so I jumped off a cliff but still got caught by the lightning in midair.
Understandable but I felt I should have been clear of the hitbox

Literally get good and pay attention

>boomerang
How would this work? Sure it make sense lore-wise, but the gameplay would be fucked. It would be a weapon that leaves you empty handed while you toss it. What would you do while empty handed?

it wouldn't worth worth it really since it would just be Brave Hammer + Impact Pulse. I'd rather see them go forward with what was planned for Generations.
Boomerang Gauntlets and Hunting Hound

you have punching gloves too, the weapon seems like a mess.

do...
do you know what website you're on?

>That female design
>Them thighs

Sure buddy. I'm close to HR100 now, all Arena A-rank'd and all monsters researched, but yeah never fought Kirin tempered.

>wanting another sword
I want boomerangs that you can combine to make a big pair of scissors

Bazel is an easy fight. Just stay away from his droppings. I use some of his pieces for earplugs on HH and it's amazing.

>not wanting another sword

Wouldn't those just be scissor blades?

>wanting a sword or some boomerangs when you could have a whip

>Wanting a weapon guaranteed to be better at tripping than LS

Exactly.

how do i get yellow star researches on kirin

ive fought 2 high rank kirins now and its still at 3 green stars

What about the Ocarina Mace?

>Bazel is an easy fight

No he's not, and for all the wrong reasons

maybe it can work like the kinsect just add a string and the boomerang can come back to you.

I chained the tempered version. Unlike retards here claiming to get one shot with 30+ Lightning resist. Hammer makes the fight a complete joke as long as you keep him in the large room with the slope (left as soon as you exit the camp). You can just keep spinning/jumping on him constantly.

>Wanting youtube videos of people doing whip-only Black Gravios hunts

He is, his openings are so long. Also I don't know if you're the guy who posted the first thing about earplugs, but I'd recommend just rolling through them. You'll miss some occasionally but I can roll through about 90% of stuff at this point. It's such an effort to reach a good amount of earplugs it's not really worth it compared to other stuff.

thanks
i actually get 1 shot by tempered kirin without the mantle because my set has -15 thunder resist

bow baby here, would anyone give me the basics for which skills to take, besides focus and the typical attack up/WE that is.
is charge up needed? how about normal up, ballistics or spread

Get to 180 Health with VIT gems, put lightning res to at least get to -6 at worse or something.

No, I've beaten him several times but almost every time its a shit show. He clips through the walls and the ceiling of enclosed areas, sometimes due to animation irregularities his bombs will just appear on the ground and explode with no pause between, his charging hitbox extends like 20 feet above his body, and I swear I can never find him except when I don't want him and he just comes sailing in from off screen like a cunt.

>join sos kushala with 3 randoms all hr 30+
>host carts twice in first ten minutes
>no one uses flash but me
>chug through 10 flashbugs in my bag
>last phase
>no one but me puts barrels down nappiing kush
>run out of flashes
>host dies a third time
>run time 33 minutes

You make it sound like previous speedruns were some kind of testament of skill. It's always been like that. Except MHW gave speedautists such good tools they are making themselves look absolutely retarded.

Based devs.

Bow Charge Up, generic damage skills, spread up, and normal up, constuition. Abuse the hell out of the wall jumps and evade charges.

With the evasion charge you only need to aim once, it auto-locks on to the target as long as you don't manually aim after the first shot.

Also
Spread>Normal before you ask. This has always been the case and Rapid was only better than normal in the past few games because all Spread Bow craftables were awful

I've never seen any of those bugs you're describing. Are you sure it's not he dropped bombs that haven't gone orange yet and you didn't notice?

>Above his body
Are you spamming jumps with an IG or something?

>You try getting an A rank on anything. It's fucking hard.
Times are made for 2 players though. People keep arguing that PAR times for A-Rank are made for solo but they're not. Arena quests are scaled for 2 players. It's still somewhat a challenge for 2 players (but not that much if both knows how to play).

For solo A-Rank we're getting to the speedrunner-tier really, only the .1% are able to full A-Rank arena in any MHW. Likewise on previous MH. Try to S-rank Color Code or Triplets on MH4U... sure it's possible but only the .1% could and after hundreds of tries, nearly nobody could do it easily.

not only that, i see people just sitting back and waiting for the monster to die and then they carb and leave. and i have the nagging feeling that people join die multiple times and then leave.

>Arguably strongest weapon in the game overall
>Not enough damage

Holy fucking shit git gud unironically.

>Tfw still no plate

That's why you don't join any Kushala Daora except tempered. Everyone brings flashbombs and it dies in no time because no one will let him fly away.

I've been wondering, is it okay to attack monsters while they're mounted now?

Good times w/ ol' Ixion.

>pub kush
>someone actually bought flashbombs
>they flash him while hes inside the tornado

i used to have so many "friends" in oovoo and wow vanilla it never made me feel alone, hell i still remember the stupid XX-name-XX i used to have. sigh.. now i've become an angry jaded man.

Chameleos is best lizer btw

Ty

>Oovoo
Why didn't you transfer to facebook with the rest of your friends?

Maybe learn to adapt to the game instead of crying when the game doesn't mold itself to fit your feeble ass.

>Play game
>Become better at it
wtf life hack!!!

The clipping through walls and ceilings happen a lot in the forest and the underground parts of the elder, in my experience. As per the bombs, I've noticed it a few times, usually when he's fighting with something else and his animations get interrupted. I think what happens is his animation gets interrupted but the bombs still get placed.

>Spamming IG
I'm using it, though I don't actually do big flying leaps that often since more likely than not the boss is just gonna move a bit and turn his entire body and the area around it into a damaging hitbox. I've just noticed that when I vault him to avoid attacks I'll often get hit even when there is a clear space between his body and me.

gen one asshole

thats like seeing pikachu in gen 6 and asking what it was

To be fair, having certain gems makes building sets infinitely easier, especially shit like Weakness Exploit and set bonus gems.

Do you say its the strongest because it can output continuous damage or because it can actually do good damage? Are we talking individual hits or DPS?

yeah, they made kirin look fucked up

i let it go, they went to normie bliss i stayed here, in the rotten vale.

I'm burnt out on MHW and am hungry for more monster slaughter, should I take the plunge and order a copy of 4U?

Both, you never stop pounding the monster between the arrow rain and normal shots, and when it gives you openings you have the full draw for huge damage
Not even to mention inflicting ailments with coatings

Sure, 4U is fun. Just remember that a lot of things were casualized in World, skills work a little differently, you have to use paintballs to track monsters, combining doesn't have a 100% success rate without armor or books, etc.

Right? Niche MonHun was so much comfier. Now it feels like a group of retards came and busted down the door, broke all of our stuff, shat all over everything, and left.

I never asked for this man.

Good to note also that in 4U you probably want to use internet to look up weapon trees and where to get what materials. Of course more obvious stuff is obvious, like I wonder where you get 'Rathian plates", but there are cases where it's not as clear cut and that shit is not in the game.

How the fuck are you getting one shot by fucking anything? do you just never eat food? Carry max potions?. You say you're stacking resist and I refuse to believe you are dying in a single hit when I can take a fucking Teostrata blast to the fucking face with -15 fire resist and still live. Not by much but I'm alive at least.

If you played the older games you'd understand just how lacking this one is, newfag-kun.

Unfortunately everyone else did.
Remember MHW isn't a game made for monster hunter fans, it's a game made for the people who weren't, the ones who'd never been hooked in before.

to many dragons. i wanted more insects. fuck at least the seltas queen. or my bby nercylia

I'll ask here because I want replies.
So I am trying to play MHP3rd on PPSSPP with a friend on the same computer. I am attempting to do this through the PPSSPP built in ProAdHoc Server but I cant find any recent guides. Both player seem to have access to online guilds, but if one player goes online, the other player gets an error message from monster hunter saying theres a network problem.

Any tips on how to get this running?

>yeah but then you're forced to go with the rathian gl every hunt, I like to switch it up
hell no, I do fine with Zorah's armor plus his GL. Even more explosions

Kirin isn't even hard, he's just fucking boring.
>Forces you to chase him around the map for 12 minutes
>Moveset is the most boring thing imaginably, 90% of his movepool is random lightning aoes
>Rage mode makes you bounce of half of his body
>Except the hit detection in the game is so dogshit your weapon will pass through his front chest and count as a rear hit
He's boring, annoying, terribly designed, and all around bad. Stop sucking the games cock because it makes you feel less trash

There's really no need to endlessly grind for the perfect set of decorations to make hunts go by a little bit faster.
Monster Hunter end game is pretty much non-existant to me, beating the same monsters repeatedly in order to beat them again slightly faster is a fool's errand.

Is there a good way to do the falling rain stuff? Most monsters seem so fast that they never stay under it.

Oh I'm aware of that, I played a couple of hours of Portable 3rd before World come out so I'm a little acclimated to how things normally are. Honestly the only thing that bothered about P3rd was the bouncing in the early game was off the fucking charts.
>Strongest available weapon is some shitty bone DBs
>At max sharpness they still bounce off of like 60% of a Great Wroggi
>The parts you bounce off of are identical to the parts you don't
>Same thing applies to Royal Ludroth

put it where they're going to be during/after an attack so it gets a good few seconds of damage on them. it covers a pretty big area

>SnS against Kirin

How the fuck do I goddamned kill this thing in a reasonable amount of time, its horn is out of range of most of my shit. I imagine DB users have the same issue?

You weren't using demonization early on?

I was in demon mode as often as my stamina would allow, but I still remember bouncing fairly often, especially against Ludroth.

Thats my routine with every monster with the right enviroment just keep kiting then come on and slam.

Trip him

interested in this as well as I am playing MH3rdPortable solo right now

Go MP and let other people break it or don't use SnS. Otherwise you can go out of your way and paralyze it/sleep bomb it, because if there's one thing SnS excels at, it's dealing status.

early game ?
Wroggi barely bounces.
RLudroth doesn't bounce that much if you position yourself correctly
Barroth / Lagombi/ Volvidon though

Hahahahah that the kinda shit i lived for in that game xD

>Tfw error 50381-MWI on Xbone
FIX IT CAPCOM

user, you don't bounce when you use the Demon's Dance.

solo him, breaking parts online is much harder to do cause the threshold is raised.

>PSP

Oh I know that much, but I can't be Demon Dancing all the time my man

It requires a lvl2 gem slot though
Nerg requires nothing and even has an extra lvl 1 slot and is even better than Diablo’s in those weak to dragon

What's wrong with Shagaru and Glavenus?