Why was there never any games of this, besides the N64 one?

Levi Gomez
Levi Gomez

Why was there never any games of this, besides the N64 one?

Recommend Mech games

All urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_video_games

William Taylor
William Taylor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_video_games

Nathan Hill
Nathan Hill

he didn't "play" Girlfriend Of Steel

Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

Armored Core, for anything older ask /vr/. I'm not shitposting against you to go away, they will generally give you better advice and alot of mech games of worth were in the "retro" era.
Grab the SRW gb-ds games if you like super robot. Steam has a few mech games but they are light fare. Armored Core in the PS2 era are the golden go to games.

Sebastian Brooks
Sebastian Brooks

Yeah I try to start mech threads but Cred Forums doesn't seem to like them any more

Ethan Sullivan
Ethan Sullivan

evangelion battle orchestra

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

Its not we don't like them, its just devs don't want to produce ones worth liking nowadays. The ones that are recent that people like are spiritual sequels to old megadrive games and stuff.
The guys who made FTL are making a mech strat game next (I think). Look into it. I don't know what type of mech games you like (real/super) or what genres so I don't know if you'll like it.
You could look into trying to get Virtual On working in MAME but unless you've got a nice controller setup to mimic the unique control options I wouldn't bother.

John Ramirez
John Ramirez

besides the N64 one
You're retarded

Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson

mech games are garbage

Jace Sullivan
Jace Sullivan

garbage
You're retarded

Daniel Perez
Daniel Perez

Gundam Breaker 3

Nolan Rodriguez
Nolan Rodriguez

The older MechWarriors obviously. You can dl Mercenaries for free afaik.
Front Mission is also really fun.

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

Front Mission 4 and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner

Jack King
Jack King

I fucking love Crowe and the Brasta.

Alexander Clark
Alexander Clark

Asuka > Rei

Colton Sullivan
Colton Sullivan

It doesn't really lend itself well to a game really. Every fight would be completely different and all the important stuff you'd have zero control over.

What would you even imagine you'd do in an Eva game?

Julian Brown
Julian Brown

Probably what you do in all of the Eva games that exist, you fucking goof.

Jeremiah Walker
Jeremiah Walker

Play a piano homoerotically

Jackson Murphy
Jackson Murphy

I would have liked am RPG with lots of filler and fighting elements that mostly followed the story, Somethnig akin to Cardcaptors on the PS1, Legacy of Goku,

Lucas Jenkins
Lucas Jenkins

If Asuka was better than Rei, they wouldn't have made Asuka 2.0 would they? Asuka 2.0 was such a desperate attempt to make Asuka anywhere near as strong or relevant as Rei that they schoolkids wound up completely shaving off all her flaws and insecurities, and making her a complete Mary Sue.

And of course, Asukafags gobbled it up, because that was the Asuka they wanted all along.

They didn't want the real Asuka, with her flaws, her anger and her issues, they just wanted a genetic tsundere action girl, since that's the kinds of girl society tells them to like.

How disgusting

Noah Perry
Noah Perry

What movie?

Isaiah Anderson
Isaiah Anderson

evas are not mechs fool

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

Yes they are

Aiden Gray
Aiden Gray

why is there not a game adaptation of the shining? or mulholland drive? because they don't fucking need one you peat-gavel

Aiden Rivera
Aiden Rivera

Why not just use the Eva setting and lore?
Original MC and cast

Set in different Geofront, still JP.

Different Eva units but with same general method and mechanics.

Generic and boss Angels

Game is split between ARPG combat and walking around the city/geofront/apartment

Can date other pilots/max social stats

Side quests (watermelon gardening, Eva training, etc)

Why doesn't this exist?
(been playing P3 a lot recently..)

Austin Smith
Austin Smith

Something similar does exist, just without the strange points you list. Not sure I get the point of making an Eva game with none of the same characters, none of the same locations, none of the same angels, none of the same Evas. Especially when you mention watermelon gardening when that was Kaji's thing.

Either way.

Parker Lopez
Parker Lopez

we will never get an ideon game where everyone in the universe is shitting themselves about the giant death god killing everything in order to absorb their souls

Benjamin Carter
Benjamin Carter

Mehc thread turns into an EVA thread

Luis Jackson
Luis Jackson

the autistic Norwegian Reifag again
How quaint

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

Context?

Evan Ross
Evan Ross

Some kind of disaster was going on so Asuka got out of the shower and went out on the balcony to look at it. She didn't realize anyone else was home.

Gavin Young
Gavin Young

What exists that’s similar to this?

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

Shinji > All

Evan Torres
Evan Torres

press X to cum on your friend

Oliver Scott
Oliver Scott

I have no idea.

Levi Ward
Levi Ward

This reminds me of the Eureka 7 PSP game that IIRC was pretty alright but had an entirely new canon with new characters. It played like Ace Combat.

Thomas Reed
Thomas Reed

I have mixed feelings about the SRW games. Like, especially concerning what they do with Evangelion, it feels too much like a "fix-fic".

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

Do they fug?

Kayden Smith
Kayden Smith

Yes.

Adrian Sanders
Adrian Sanders

X

Josiah Carter
Josiah Carter

Ritsuko in the background
Just watching these two dykes huge while she eats

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

Asuka's a tramp!
I've played her story some 3-4 times and I still don't know how to get her good ending.

David Hughes
David Hughes

Rei hugs back
Misato just stands there like a pissant

James Scott
James Scott

this is obscene

Brayden Scott
Brayden Scott

I think Kaji hugged back at least once, too.

Josiah Ross
Josiah Ross

Honestly after seeing every Eva thread turn to absolute dogshit thanks to Asukafags and Reifags fighting, (especially that one really toxic Reifag) this picture just makes me really happy.

When a mild preference over cartoon women and an autistic need to defend my preferences to anonymous fucktards leads me to transcend the fanbases godawful dialectic and realize that Anno was more right than I ever thought possible

I hope Anno destroys the entire series and corrupts all the characters in 4.0. Its what the fanbase deserves desu. He needs to get on with his life and make a new IP or more live action shit.

David Scott
David Scott

I think Asuka knows who the best girl truly is. Time to go hug Rei some more.

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

Anno intended for evangelion to destroy the otaku culture that we see today. Not hard to see how far he got

Joshua Rogers
Joshua Rogers

Its worse than that.

In these fucking theads, there's people that honestly take the "best girl" shit seriously. In a fucking character study that shit is going to be subjective as fuck. The show is about broken people learning that they have problems and that they can take actions to help themselves live without falling into despaire.

The Fanbase is just crabs in a bucket that have projected themselves onto their characters and fight over who's girl/disorders are worse. Its the definition of toxic.

The only option is accelerationist wiafu shitposting. To larp as one or the other of these fucking Reifags and Asukafags to the extent that it radicalises each side and destroys the fandom from within.

James Anderson
James Anderson

Humorous enough to get me interested in trying desu.

Lucas Harris
Lucas Harris

X-COM, aside from the fact that you aren't only defending your own base, it's basically Eva without the mechs.

Easton Martinez
Easton Martinez

What game is that

Nathaniel Kelly
Nathaniel Kelly

This Pretty easy to get a handle on using the guide, and there's a translation in the works.

Jordan Hall
Jordan Hall

Eva doesn't translate well into vidya.
At most we have those relationship simulators

Samuel Rivera
Samuel Rivera

Devil Survivor 2.

Nathan Hill
Nathan Hill

There was a PSP fighter

had unused designs, some of the Angels, and Gunbuster as fighters

there is also the SRW games and that shows Shinji if he had a spine and people he could talk to

Landon Lewis
Landon Lewis

Not really, no amount of unironic post-ironic shitposting will stop battle-hardened waifufags after 20 years of this shit. The best thing you can do is just ignore it and contribute quality content of your own or participate in Eva threads outside of /a/ like this one

Juan Peterson
Juan Peterson

Shinji if he had a spine and people he could talk to
But that drastically goes against the point of the show

Landon Watson
Landon Watson

Isn't this applicable to the entire cast of the rebuilds in general?

Jack Torres
Jack Torres

What's wrong, user? Don't like fix-fics? It's when someone writes a fanfic of a certain series they like, only they try to "fix" everything they felt was wrong with it.

Jeremiah Campbell
Jeremiah Campbell

Yes but that guy is one of those especially toxic waifufags that frequents Eva threads just to blame the Waifu B for all the problems

Thomas Sanchez
Thomas Sanchez

Of course it is, but delusional Reifags (or any fags) of that variety have turned the show into its only little brand of identity politics.

Seriously, don't think about this shit too hard, those people are doomed to never grow as people.

Gavin Hernandez
Gavin Hernandez

Seriously. Anno could do a whole thematically Freudian show on his own fanbase.

Social Darwinist Reifags. Just say that 10x fast.

Dylan Sullivan
Dylan Sullivan

Get 'em Shinji! Yeah!

Evan Morris
Evan Morris

But that drastically goes against the point of the show

what point?

Michael Clark
Michael Clark

That shinji has very little social skills. The isolation and fucked up interpersonal relationships are the meat of the series

Leo Williams
Leo Williams

That game is garbage. This is not, however.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit