Why the fuck did people want him back? He was cut for being a Pichu-tier clone and had no reason to come back

Why the fuck did people want him back? He was cut for being a Pichu-tier clone and had no reason to come back.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2015/12/21/the-corrin-controversy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meleefaggotry and nostalgia, just like Doc, Falco and Fast Link.

best gba fe character. hands down.

Because people love FE6.

Don’t give me that Japan only crap. The game has a great fan translation and emulated on just about anything.

Fujoshis in Japan. His VA is super popular over there.

Because people liked him in Smash. That alone is a reason to bring anyone back.

Look at Ice Climbers. Nobody gave a shit before Melee, and now they're one of the most demanded returning characters.

>cutting characters

Him coming back over Wolf still baffles me

Ice climbers were cheap as hell though. So much so that they were banned from tourneys.

Most requested cut character from Melee

Lucas was the most requested from Brawl

Its not that hard to understand

I always liked Ice Climbers and they're way more unique than Roy's clone ass. The only thing they needed to do was remove chain grabbing (which Smash 4 did).

>Most requested cut character from Melee
That'd be Mewtwo, whom we already had.

Why the fuck would anyone want Lucas over Wolf?

The bitching over Mewtwo and Roy being cut was legendary.

The way I see it, all the DLC characters after Mewtwo were there to fufil some sort of criteria.

Sakurai made a note of how Lucas returned from Brawl, while Roy returned from Melee. With in that mind, I suppose he wanted to have one returning character from each previous Smash game, and Lucas took priority over Wolf as the returning Brawl rep.

nobody actually likes Roy unironically haha

Bullshit. Why did Mewtwo AND Dr. Mario come back then?

Irrelevant since Mewtwo was the bonus character for buying both versions

Because we already have a Fox clone

Because Meleefags will never be happy until Smash is just Melee with no other changes but graphical updates.

ROYS OUR BOY XDD dont you remembr? :3 lols

Yeah totally got #2 in the character poll ironically XD

Be real, they'd screech over graphical updates too

>implying meleefags care about Smash 4

They changed Roy enough to justify it.
He's only a semi-clone, and plays very differently from Marth.
I actually find him to be a really fun character to play.
People who don't like Roy obviously don't use him enough.

Dr. Mario was on the base roster.

I like Sourcegaming's theory on the whole thing:

sourcegaming.info/2015/12/21/the-corrin-controversy/

Corrin is an example of Sakurai “boxing himself when it comes to character choices,” and it’s the same exact reason why Wolf was not a shoo-in, as Lucas was very clearly chosen as “the cut Brawl veteran.” This is purely based on how Sakurai has introduced every fighter, and may not be the way Sakurai has chosen these characters. Since DLC was limited, it makes sense to try to optimize it by selecting the overall fan favorite, the best cut Brawl fighter, the best cut Melee fighter, the best third-party rep, the best Final Fantasy rep, the best upcoming game rep—and lastly, the most realizable character from the Smash Ballot.

As said previously, while both Roy and Lucas' trophies mention how they returned from their respective Smash games, Mewtwo doesn't mention anything about him being in Melee. So to me he it seems like he didn't get into Smash 4 as a Melee rep like Roy did, despite being from that game.

meleefags don't actually care about roy

Roy doesn't fit in the Meleefag meta though.

They played as him in Melee, or want to fuck him.
Nobody who actually played his game liked his character.

This. I love Smash 4 Roy, but always hated Melee Roy.

His game was the most forgettable Fire Emblem.
Kind of unfortunate.

I hate that they changed his look so much, he was cute in melee

They care more than anyone else, it's basically all they talk about beyond fapping over DA GAWDZ

But Roy has TEH PHIR3.

Literally the chad of the game. Op confirmed faggot.

Kys soy

He's going to be still in the Switch Smash when the Elibe games get remade and there's nothing you faggots can do about it.

Royfags get often mocked by Meleefags tho
hence why they all moved to PM then Smash 4

I think the migration has more to do with every character being Z tier unviable except Fox Marth and Falco in Melee

He'll still be in Smash Switch because its going to be a deluxe port

He was my favorite character from melee until I realized how much better and more balanced marth is.

isn't a Samus and Jigglypuff main killing spacies tho?

>everything is the fault of Meleefags
>they're just a vocal minority of 3,000 people who refuse to move on from a game no significant amount of people actually like
>but they coordinated with Kremlin hackers to use VPNs and sockpuppets to create the illusion of overwhelming support that coerced a company with several billion dollars into greenlighting Roy as DLC
>I'm a perfectly rational adult and this all definitely makes sense
>it's definitely not because Sakurai is a fanboy faggot who stuffed the game with five other Fire Emblem characters of his own accord and ignored the ballot results in favor of cherrypicking what he felt was "realizable"

thanks for reminding K.Roolfags where the Russians of the fighter ballot

Its funny because that image applies as much to fucking rosterfaggots like yourself bitching about Sakurai and Fire Emblem as it does to meleefags.

If Roy/Lucina are ever removed I hope their movesets get slapped onto another character.

never forget the autism that came out of them ballot

I wish I could but those autists still post here on the regular

Just like Ganondorf and Black Shadow, right?

*laughs*

>There are people who still think Sm4sh Roy is a clone
He has similar specials, but he plays differently enough to be a quarter-clone at worst

>tfw you've stopped caring about the roster and just want a good game that maybe includes snake

I know, right?

Presumably because they liked his game or the way he played.
>He was cut for being a Pichu-tier clone
No.

Incorrect.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong time and time again?

>the one that introduced the proper magic triangle and support system
>forgettable

This.
I'd gladly give up any character if we just got good gameplay.

It's okay to be gay user, you could tell us.

Isn't roy our boy though?

Go away Venom. Only you post like this.

He was until Cred Forums decided it hates everything Fire Emblem

>It's okay to be gay
I reject your premise.

Literally who?

>the best upcoming game rep
Still salty that Corrin apparently fit this category better than anyone else. Corrin makes Roy look fantastic.

>Because people love FE6
I'll call bullshit. Notice how the only popular FE6 character is Roy and literally nobody else?

I like playing him. Fuck you.

The sooner you accept your uncontrollable homolust for bad FE lords, the sooner you can start living a healthy life.

>not Hector
user...

Who are
>Lilina
>Shanna
>Sophia
>Rutger

Thany won the voting gauntlet, which is totally indicative of popularity.
Also I would say Lilina, CLarine, Klein and Fir have got half-decent mileage out of Heroes.
Plus there's tht one guy who really likes Narshen

i rather replace Ganondorf with or add Ganon

People that nobody gives a shit about? I have not seen anyone give a single rats ass about any of those characters except for Shanna.

Voting gauntlet is not indicative of popularity, otherwise Camilla is more popular than Lyn and neither is how good a unit is in heroes. Especially fucking Fir of all people.

>People that nobody gives a shit about?
LOL

People that (you) don't give a shit about. Don't push your shit taste onto other people.

You mean worst gba lord

Again, I haven't seen anyone care about those characters in any thread unless the conversation is explicitly about FE6, which never happens except once in a blue moon.
Closest I've seen to any FE6 character being cared about outside of Roy and heroes shit was Cecilia because of cake.

>Cecilia
Perhaps you shouldn't hang out exclusively in threads that our resident Ceciliafag infests.

Voting gauntlet is a game and has stopped being a clear indicative of popularity since multipliers.

Bruh, I've been in FE threads since before awakening. Cecilia is the ONLY ONE not named Roy who ever got mentioned and who still ever gets mentioned. Sorry I don't go to non-existant threads where everyone fawns over FE6 characters and how it's the best FE in the franchise.

No shit. Next you're going to tell me CYL isn't a good gauge of popularity.

You know what is? Talking to people and asking who their favorites are.

You're full of shit. You probably hang out in waifu threads exclusively, considering how often I see Shanna brought up as a person's favorite pegasus knight.

Smashfags being autista and Nintendo wanting to advertise Waifu Emblem as hard as humanly possible.

>Talking to people and asking who their favorites are.
Which yields in FE6 characters about 0 percent of the time.

People cared about Rutger and Fir enough to make this pic.

>Next you're going to tell me CYL isn't a good gauge of popularity.
Not when people can exploit the polls and vote multiple times, no.

Stop hanging out in waifufag threads. Try frequenting threads that people who play the games visit. Diet Nigger's FE3 playthrough threads, for instance.

Yes, I know.

I've been a Karelfag since FE6

I don't frequent waifu threads, dipshit.
>go to lets play garbage threads
How about fucking no.

Bullshit you don't. There's one person on Cred Forums who's obsessed with Cecilia and he sticks to those threads.

Because why shouldn't he come back? They should have brought every character back. I want every character to always come back in Smash even if I don't like them. He's DLC so no one made you buy him.

>not knowing what you're talking about
Wobbling fucks people over in comp melee but otherwise they're fine

so P:M Roy or Smash WiiU Roy?

PM

Just because ceciliafag may spam in one kind of thread doesn't mean that there aren't other ceciliafags or that nobody posts her outside of him.

PM with 4's taunts and victory poses.

Useless without sword of seals

best character != best unit

>they're going to make a bastardfied rehash of Roy in Icons

>Roy
>Character
The dude's more bland than white bread. He has no personality beyond the most generic a protagonist can get.

Wrong. Try playing his game, homeboy.

It's funny because if you are going that way you are even more wrong.

Describe to me Roy's personality and how he is anything other than generic.

He has less personality in his own game than in smash you know.

Has an inferiority complex - knows he isn't the best soldier and can't compare to his father but feels that unless he fights too, he'll become detached from his men. Moreover, he's the type who values every one of his soldiers and won't permit any plan that puts any of them at risk for his sake. Makes up for his lack of physical ability with his wit and knowledge of decorum - he's able to come up with plans to expose traps and sniff out a foreign prince based on the way he behaves, the only FE lord to do so. At the start, his primary concern is the safety of Lycia, even doing political maneuvering in his father's place to ensure his peoples' safety even if it makes Lycia endebted to Etruria. As time goes on, he starts to fight for the sake of all of Elibe, and for the coexistence of humans and dragons, and in the very end, after a series of events resembling the Scouring of old, he echoes and surpasses Hartmut, the hero of old. It's the classic hero's journey carried out perfectly, but of course, Cred Forums can't like a character unless they can solo their game and they're a violent psychopath.

And Lyn will come with him if they go that far, which they will, they have a MU to tinker with, they'll cash in on this opportunity. Soon all the people who doubted lyn's popularity will have nothing else to say, heroes is step 1, warriors was step 2, soon.

>proper magic triangle
You act like the MT was ever good.

step 3 will be a cameo in FE16
step 4 is a Blazing Blade remake

The only unique thing I picked up in there is the decorum.
Every FE lord is the type who values every one of his soldiers and won't do something that puts them in harms way. Ever FE MC fights for all the land after the scope of the game broadens, Alm is the perfect example of this who goes from first Zofia to all of Valentia. That's how these games progress, you start out small fighting wars on the boarders before some shit happens and all the continent is at stake.

>implying the GBA games need to be remade
If anything needs a remake, it's 4/5. GBA games are perfectly playable.

I was asked to describe Roy, not just what makes him unique. What makes him unique is just that, he's just a schoolboy. Not a skilled warrior, preferring just to study. He still has to take up arms and uses his skills to his advantage. Take when Cath first shows up and tells them that the lord is dead and they're walking into a trap. Merlinus says to just ignore what a thief says, Roy thinks up a way to test it on the spot.

Corrin didn´t deserve it, same with Elmo

Too bad the director didn't say anything about four and five, it is sealed. It shall be elibe, he wanted 2 he got 2, he wants 6 he'll get it and more. The clamoring for 4 and 5 from this autistic cup stacking board will not change anything now, it is destined and the 10+ years of waiting shall finally be answered.

All FE's need remakes because all have tons of problems.

Simmer down user. FE6 is in dire need of a remake, but I expect Jugdral won't be far behind. FE4 is enormous in Japan.

The build'up from his school days to leadership is nonexistent. All he does the whole game is asking Merlinus to not be a dick and listening to other more interesting characters like Guinevere.

I’m really glad people like you exist, if only so I can bask in your assblast. Wolffags are shit taste cancer

Congratules. You failed the Plinkett test.

>Implying they aren't just gonna remake them in order of release now

Meleefags only care about Fox/Falco and Marth.

I disagree. I feel the situation in the Western Isles encapsulates his arc. He goes in eager to help Etruria, which will help Lycia, but later decides that doing the right thing is more important, even if there are repercussions from Etruria.

You realize that this was a gag, right?

That's what you'd hope for, but it came straight from his mouth, you cannot dance around this now

It wasn't just a gag, it really does help you make a good character.

Either way, the joke's on you. I wasn't describing a Star Wars character.

So he could be shit-tier in Bayonetta's game.

because he's cooler than marth
and /ourboy/
also his waifu is cute

His move set is about 80% unique to Marth in 4. Also I mained Roy in melee.

The Plinkett test could apply to anyone not just SW

>his waifu is cute

Yes, it was a joke. I wasn't trying to pass the Plinkett test, so I don't really care if my description did. I apologize.

roy's our boy

he has teh ph1r3!

>not Hector

>a psychotic murderer who butchers soldiers from a neutral land for standing in his way
No thank you.

roy is our boy xDDD haha

>I haven't seen them so they don't exist
Imagine having your head this far up your own ass.
Hugh is great.

But he's actually good in Smash 4

SEETHING

this is bait right? Roy's only good if you're fighting an absolute moron who doesn't know how to space.