Hype

>shipping this week according to last update

Your name is on the shipping list, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jgG0Z7pPu-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Video review of the final product.

youtu.be/jgG0Z7pPu-I

Fuck yeah. First thing im gonna do when i get mine is do a full replay of banjo kazooie.

I've been wanting to replay Perfect Dark but have been waiting for this to come first.

This was my first console and I finished multiple games as a kid.
I tried replaying Jet Force Gemini recently and had absolutely no fucking idea how I ever managed to finish it with that old controller.
What were they thinking?

>hyping up a cheap remake of a 64 remote

Thats cool shill, but I've been able to play 64 games with a decent controller for years thanks to emulation. Buying any controller thats gimped for retro accuracy (one stick, not enough buttons) is just dumb

Before homogeneous controls you had to get good at a games controls

I wouldn't mind a not ludicrously expensive version of what the HORI pad offers.

The stick is complete shit compared to the original 64's control stick, it's even worse than a GameCube controller's stick.

No one knew any better. Besides, even a better controller won't totally fix the controls of that game.

The Hori pad sucks. Way too small and the stick is overly sensitive. I'm hanging onto it only in hopes the price goes up and I can make a little money down the road.

I was going to get it so I bookmarked it, then promptly forgot about it until this very post.

>trash modern analog stick
>only 2 prongs so you can't play games like PD and Goldeneye with a sensible control scheme
No fucking thanks. What I want is for the chinks to start pumping out the plastic parts for the original sticks, that's literally all we need to solve the issue.

I always used the c buttons as the d pad in Goldeneye for that control scheme. Didn't you need to use that scheme because you needed A and B?

I've always used D-pad and analog. You can still hit A and B from the middle position, it's a slightly awkward stretch at worst.

>that thumbnail
Yeah I'm not watching this shit

Finally I can play Hybrid Heaven

This guy is biased as fuck

Sounds unnecessary. Use the proper configuration. I honestly don't think I ever once used a dpad on an N64 controller. Not once in any game.

>>Sounds unnecessary
Yeah, aiming with the only precision input device on the controller is unnecessary.

What next, do you prefer playing SM64 with the D-pad? You don't really need more than 8 way movement, right?

>no USB

I could always buy one later on if I need to, but I don't even remember the last time I played my n64. Plus I have a Hori Mini anyway

I think you are confused, mate. You use the c buttons as a dpad and use the stick to aim. You then have access right to the A and B. Using a configuration that requires 3 hands isn't just unnecessary, it's retarded.

there's nothing actually wrong with the N64 controller other than the analogue stick would turn to dust eventually

>moving with your right hand
>calling me retarded
You don't need 3 hands unless you're 5 years old and can't stretch to the buttons that are infrequently used anyway.

>that thumbnail
yyeeaahh that's a hard pass, bro.

I already have the actual best N64 pad

Yeah, if you can't move with your right hand than you are retarded. You keep compounding the levels of retard with every post it seems.

Why does every controller now follow the same boring format? remember when people tried new shit? I mean at least steam tried that with theirs. PS3 pussied out.

I honestly prefer the original over this. This thing is way too fucking small.

theyre doing that next

Maybe, but the stick is 200% more efficient and easier on the thumb.

The switch came out last year and has a unique controller retard. Also being different just for the sake of being different is not a good thing.

I'd prefer wireless.

It's overly sensitive for anything that requires aiming. Shooters are unplayable with it.

??????????

The reason controllers a designed like this is because anything contrary is antithetical to comfort.

but user I spend $150 on mine so it has to be better

>Why does every controller now follow the same boring format?

Because everyone's hands have the same boring format.

How do you know? PS3 boomerang was allegedy crazy comfortable.
While the same boring layout for years has stagnated and created no real innovation.
We went from 2 buttons in one gen to 4 and shoulder, to some doing six, to the n64 and psx controller, to the GC controller. To just this one for like 4 generations now, at least the wagglemote tried something. That is like saying "well the psx controller is better than n64, no point putting on two sticks" or "snes controller is god tier lets stick with that forever" Not even just layout but input methods, a lot of revisions changed the way we interact with games in more than just an ergonomic sense. To say we perfected the controller is silly.

That doesn't make any sense. Perfect Dark is like the one game on N64 with actual good control schemes. You can even do Dual Analog aiming on it.This controller would make Perfect Dark worse

Now I know you don't know what you are talking about at all.

See, there is a reason this controller is seen as the holy grail of N64. It aims perfectly, since it's not just one of those Gamecube controller types of stick. This controller aims smoother than your regular blister inducing original n64 one.

How do you guys map n64 controls to duel shock/xbone pads? I tired mapping the c buttons to the right stick but it feels bad.

RGT85 is the biggest shill when it comes to these opportunist retro gamer companies and their shitty wares. Fuck that bandwagoning faggot.

I swear if someone makes a n64 flashback with all the games installed on a rom chip I would buy that shit so hard I would be shitting dollar bills at the register.

Kitsch bent sells replacement parts for the stick. Restored a few of mine and it made them like new. Make sure to lube them up and it's perfect.

why tho

>good control schemes
>requires hou play with two controllers at a time, autoaim or stop and shoot.
I agree it would make it worse. But PD is one of the worst n64 control schemes. Not Rares fault though. Just fps doesnt lend itself well to n64.

I'm not watching your video, asshole.

I bought those but they fucking suck. They feel awful and not even close to mint OEM.

because your thumb pivots in an arc you fucking dumbass

i think he was referring to the weird change in button angle, which is obviously for retaining the original n64 angles. But if they really cared about the natural finger arc it would look more like this.

They feel fine for me. Not 100 percent to the original but it's as close as it's gonna get for now.

retard

I keep hearin about the button placement. I am convinced these people have legitimate fucking autism.

I've been waiting for this, got so much more hype when Custom Robo's translation patch got released. Held off playing that until this comes out. Shame about the difficulty with the Transfer pak, but I saw this coming so hard and it's the reason I only got two. Literally no N64 controller aside from the original works even decently with it, and the original is still finicky as fuck with it too.

>MFW waiting for this shit

Some guy's been trying for years to remanufacture the parts but evidently it's really hard and the project has gone nowhere.

Eventually you just reach a point in which most everybody agrees a certain design is better than everything else.
Countless models, shapes and button layouts have been tried over the decades, we know what is and isn't a good controller now.

Big joysticks used to be all the rage back in the 80's to early 90's, but they're incredibly niche now because everyone has realized that they suck for anything other than flight simulators and maybe mech warrior.
But I'm sure your vision of a new joystick will rock the world and all the big console makers will jump back to the good old days of joysticks. Right?

>The stick is complete shit compared to the original 64's control stick
I don't think there's been a worse stick since the 64

A mint N64 stick is fucking orgasmic. I have two of them and modern sticks don't feel nearly as good. But yeah, too bad they fucking deteriorate.

>hori

aint those the people who made that snes controller for gcn?

I have two! Love them.

I also have two GCN adapters but I’m thinking about getting two of these instead.

Should I?

Yeah, that GCN Controller is for GBA though it just looks like SNES

Their other retro controllers have both USB and original console. I'll get one if/when this has that.

Hori makes a LOT of controllers. They also made around 60% of these Playstation controllers. If there's an "H" on the back, it was made by Hori.

The GC button layout was fantastic. Also I'll never understand why modern controllers didn't stick to the 6-button layout and went back to 4 for no apparent reason.

With 4 buttons, you can put your thumb in the middle and just pivit your thumb to hit all the buttons, with 6 buttons, you have to slide your thumb up and down to hit all the buttons.