/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lSfUQasmUFY
amazon.com/Hamilton-H70515137-Khaki-Field-Automatic/dp/B0009ZDP1W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473896107&sr=8-4&keywords=hamilton khaki field
longislandwatch.com/Seagull_1963_Chronograph_p/6345g-2901.htm
divewatchesblog.com/watch-comparator/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0393VV8913
wornandwound.com/the-seiko-sdga001-digital-done-right/
ablogtowatch.com/a-lange-sohne-zeitwerk-minute-repeater-watch/
monochrome-watches.com/introducing-dewitt-academia-mathematical-concept-watch-no-4/
ablogtowatch.com/devon-tread-1-watch-review/
good-stuffs.com/Stunning-Beijing-Zun-Jue-hand-winding-mechanical-watch-28800-high-frequency_p_137.html
ebay.co.uk/itm/Orient-2nd-Generation-Bambino-Classic-Automatic-FAC0000CA0-AC0000CA-Mens-Watch-/131923604157?hash=item1eb74272bd:g:VpoAAOSwMgdXxT2n
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no shitter lovers in this thread who don't understand ISO certs allowed

Why don't you post your seiko

wut

Why don't you post a watch you own
this is a safe space

?

ur weird

post watches
Everybody is friends here

youtube.com/watch?v=lSfUQasmUFY

he seems angry
such negativity

What are the extra dials on all these watches with super crowded faces?
My watch only has the time and a tiny date counter.

Am I supposed to like the ones with all the extra crap? I really don't.

Subdials can be used for different things. that's a chronograph. Running seconds in left subdial, chronograph seconds is on the main face, chronograph minutes is on the right subdial.

>Am I supposed to like the ones with all the extra crap? I really don't.
that's ok
everyone has different tastes

Puffy vulva

do you guys think its too douchebaggy to wear a diver watch to normal, everyday occasions?

can i made it a little more subtle/understated by wearing it with a solid black nato or rubber strap?

thinking of an skx007 or skx013

it's fine

who do you think cares?

you have a point

thanks african friend

leT THE rAcE NEVER End

iT nEveR eNDs

I only have two automatic mech watches. I feel that it would be a bit absurd to buy a winder for only two, so what do I do with them when they aren't in use?

should I just shake them for a few minutes once a day, or once every other day?

should I pull out the crown and leave it in that position?

EnJoYiNg ThE rIdE?

It's okay to let the other wind down if you're going to be wearing just one for a while

why do so many manufacturers make casio homages?

That's such a fucking gorgeous piece.
Everything is perfect. The dial is clean yet has arabics and chrono dials, the on-dial tach is perfectly matched with the indices. Even the word base has the stick right in the middle of the word.
It's symmetrical but has just enough asymmetry to not be boring.
The fucking pushers are brushed on the inside!
How would you even function wearing a watch like that? I'd just stare at it all day.

>How would you even function wearing a watch like that? I'd just stare at it all day.
most people don't have crippling autism

In that case an Atmos induces autism. We have such a clock home and the pure elegance and the visible mechanism slowly turning is mesmerizing. And it it is more than 20 years since we bought it.

There cannot be anything wrong in admiring such a marvel.

My first Vostok meme just arrived.
Do i like it /wt/?

They're chronographs, you spanner.

What smartwatch should I get?

Wait.
This shit doesn't even have a clicking bezel?
I SHOULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS WAS REALLY A MEME

Don't

>Buying a diver shaped object
>Ever

N O
O

I S O
S
O

C E R T
E
R
T

But I already have a nice Bulova with a Japanese movement and figured a refurbished Moto 360 Sport would cost as much as a Fitbit

>Pebble for battery
>Android Wear if you have an Android phone
>Apple Watch if you have an iPhone
>Don't buy an smartwatch if you have any common sense left.
I have a Pebble and while having wrist notifications is useful and so is locating my phone by telling it to beep and shit like that it's all it's good for, but it's an ugly POS like every smartwatch and even though you can customize watch faces they are still never as interesting to look at as a real watch.

You're gonna make it, bruh. Keep up the good work. What kind of a place are you working at? Mall kiosk, private shop, dealer?

dude that's expensive

...why does it say email at 6 o'clock

Swap the bezel for a non ugly dots and dashes one. I did on mine and it vastly improved the looks.

If i were to change the bezel i'd go for a Seiko insert but i don't wanna put more money on this watch any time soon.
Also my SKX013 is still broken and while it really drives me sad i have no money to fix it.

that's what you get for buying seiko
but at least you still got
>MUH ISO CERT

Little cage in a mall jewelry store. Not mine, I work for a veteran watchmaker.

Not even something like the Urbane?

I wanted to keep it looking as slav as possible.

I'd buy it again tbqh
I like my Mako but manufactures need to get down to the 38mm diver route more often.
>45mm
Dinner plates on your wrist don't look good.
I'll give you that in my experience smartwatches are practical but the screens are so shit you can't even have a good looking watchface for real.
So just beat it to shit lmao nigga

Can someone give me more examples of watches with these kind of fixed lugs?

The only other I know of is the Smiths PRS-40, but that's 53mm lug-to-lug.

new one

how much
w2c

$120 Black Bay 'homage'.

>w2c
go back to /fa/

wilson watch works has the best price new, mine is used (36mm diver's quartz)

>snk809
>+smoother, nicer movement
>+the cool factor of a mech watch
>+crown off to side, smaller (personal preference
>- can't service it myself
>- 40 hour power reserve
>- less accurate
>- will have to adjust time a few times a month
>-/+ steel finish isn't as elegant as the citizen, but is less likely to pick up scratches

>bm8180
>+ solar powered, can change battery myself in many years when the original cannot hold as much
>+ accuracy of quartz
>+ 6 month power reserve
>+ thinner
>- face is cleaner, but i prefer snk809
>- i like smaller crown, this one is larger and more pronounced
>-/+ stainless steel finish is much nicer, but more prone to scratches

should I just get both?

What bezel inserts will work with the Vostok 081 case?

>snk809
the most garbage piece of fucking shit i've wasted money on
Vostok is better for the same price

it is fun to take apart and poke around in tho

The Citizen looks like ass but the 7s26 on the Seiko is ass too. Then the Citizen is an Eco-Drive which isn't particularly more interesting in any way to me.
I'd go with the SNK

Honestly not that bad.
I would consider this a non offensive watch if it were priced around 300 bucks

Stop trying to shill this.
It's garbage.
Somehow Corgeut manages to have shittier build than Parnis, which is saying a lot since they use the same literal shit to make their watches.

>Tries to get people to purchase their shit because the minimal approach
>Creates a singular visual identity for their watches
>Ruins the minimal approach putting a wall of text on the dial that leaves it unbalanced even though their signature marks are still on the watch design
>why.jpg
I unironically like Movado designs because i'm that much of a fag for minimal art. Hell, Ad Reinhardt's black paintings are probably some of my fav works of the last century, but these decisions just show how incompetent and clueless their design team can be.

>>Buying a diver shaped object
>>Ever
>N O
>O
>I S O
>S
>O
>C E R T
>E
>R
>T

RECKT LOL

Can anyone comment on the bracelet Hamilton uses on the Khaki Field?
This one in particular
>amazon.com/Hamilton-H70515137-Khaki-Field-Automatic/dp/B0009ZDP1W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473896107&sr=8-4&keywords=hamilton khaki field [-+]

I'm trying to decide whether to go with the khaki field or the SARG009.
I like the look of both, the 2824 and 6r15 both have pros and cons, and case finishing is comparable.
So it's down to the bracelet pretty much.
The thing is though, I think Hamilton is a completely garbage brand, and this is literally their only good watch. I even had them send me their catalog and each page was more pathetic than the last.
I like seiko but I do think their bracelets are trash. So it's a toss-up really.

Which pebble is best pebble?

Pebble Steel

Glorious Nippon folded over 9000x handmade enamel dial reporting in.

You're from /fa/, aren't you?

How is the edifice for a poor fag watch? That's the solar powered one right?

>saw a watch thread on a another board
>got excited and posted a pic of my speedy prof which has been my daily watch for years
>suddenly everyone starts calling me a poser, making fun of me and calling the watch shit

hurt my feelings tbqh

Pardon my cancer, what is the model of your watch?

Nah.

These are all of my watches.

I'm assuming no one owns a hamilton here?

whatever, at least you have money

Very nice. I like the Enicar and Oris in particular.

Is there a reason for the deep set dial other than appearance?

Nope, but I have 2 Orients, a Seiko, 2 Vostoks, a Sea-Gull and a Bulova.

nah it's just the thickness of the bezel

I can't think of any at all user.
Lots of seiko cases have very similar but with the removable pin to change bands: pic related forgive my shit angle

Bro you need to
A) lift
B) find a boyfriend who doesn't try to embarrass you by forcing you wear shirts like that one

Nice watch faerieboy

I like the oris bro
St96?

why the hell is "email" inscribed below the 6?

??? for real i am racking my brain?

Nice Holo.

It means enamel.

>kinda want a bronze watch that I can naturally get patina'd
I don't want to spend like $3k on one though but if Steinshit sells something similar I'd probably buy one. This thing is so fucking sxy.

This is incoming, how badly did I fuck up?

Replace the insert and you're all good.

Any other watches with 2 o'clock crowns? Apart from dual-crown watches of course.

I am in Tokyo this week, should I pull the trigger on a new or used Milgauss GV? So far:

New: 638,800¥

Used: 625,000¥
Used: 550,000¥ (09 version)

Won't pay tax so that is nice. What do you guys think? Better price than UK for sure!

What do!?

Feel free to recommend places to check out too where I could get a better deal maybe?

Japan is the best place to buy used watches.

Not because of the price but because those fuckers tend to be pretty honest and care about their reputation.

Cheap but gets the job done

Well its not cheap looking, looks a lot more expensive than the SKX

The new Zelos hammerhead is a pretty nice option on that front, I think the bronze is just shy of 500. I got the steel one myself.

Why do you people dislike newer Seikos?

I think there are more people that like them than dislike them.

It's 20$ cheaper or something.

Why the fuck does Tissot make such ugly movements?

Because they're Swatch shit. Absolutely disgraceful to their old glory.

The sea urchin is really fucking nice tbqh honest and is one of seikos most popular models probably.

Here its over 70$ cheaper but whatever

I've looked into it quite a bit because I'm too poor for the Autodromo, which I think has an incredible case.
Only found the Smiths as well, and it's quartz. And the case isn't nearly as nice. And the dial and hands are just ok.
Sad really.

Tritium tubes are thicc

Has anyone ever ordered a Tisell (Korea) before?

If not, does anyone know if I'd need to have a Korean SSN to be able to buy and ship one to the USA? They have an American website portal to order their watches on, but one of the only ones that isn't on both the Korean site and the American one is one that I desperately want.

Sorry no meme tabs, I'm at work

Poor man's gshock.

Helson shark diver is pretty sexy for 350.

Does /wt/ still hate smart watches?

>i'm at work
>Cred Forums
>work
>Cred Forums

?????

Apparently they don't want to ship the ones that aren't on the international site internationally.
I've read on WUS a while back that you should be able to get them if you ask nicely via email, and they send you a paypal invoice. Don't know if they still do that.

That's brass though which doesn't get quite the same patina.

>not having a comfy job with a ton of downtime to allow for internet-surfin'
>being monitored by your employer
Thanks man. Would you recommend I contact them via their American page? I think I may have to as I don't see contact info on their Korean one.

The bronze are $1300.

oh my what a qt :3

>it's muh garbage
Nice argument my man.
> 7s26 on the Seiko
It's actually inside it. And for the money it's amazing. Mine is losing under 4s/day (if I let it rest crown down overnight) out of the box which is better than a lot of way higher priced watches. So I don't know what kind of shit you're eating,

And the same movement went into Omegas. That's how good Tissot used to be.

Never really got any information on it, I got it on Etsy for about $70.

Sea Lurcher

Thinking about getting a watch for about 500€ (if you have an tips on a webstore, make sure that it ships to scandinavia).

What would you suggest for a guy that only has a SKX007? Probably a dress watch but I'm open to suggestions. Not biased to any brands so feel free to suggest swiss, chinese, japanese, whatever.

Get a vintage Omega Seamaster; Timeless design

Toast me

I heard Timex Chronograph's lose accuracy fast

I've had this watch for three years and I have absolutely no shame

That is WAY too big for your wrist.

It's fine...

I assume this is your daily beater if you think that looks fine?

Is it really too big or are you just having an OCD trigger?

he's right
no one rational would look at that and think it's fine

OK.... I'll get the smaller dial

This is my watch, Skmei 1173 digital.

It's a piece of shit.
It's cheap.
It doesn't look cool.
It doesn't have any cool features.

Likely none of you would be caught dead with it.

But it was a gift from someone very dear to me who is sadly gone, so, small as its intrinsic value may be, this is the most valuable watch in the world to me.

Feel free to point and laugh.

Sentimental value is awesome, user.

I wore a tacky gold 1970 Timex that was loud as shit )until my [spoiler]gf[/spoiler]broke it) because it was my my granddad's.

Also, that thing has some obscure value to it!

what size strap is that? did you trim the plastic between the lugs?

What do you think about this Sea-Gull D0271 watch on Massdrop? It's apparently fitted with the "Chinese-made 23-jewel caliber T6S". Does anyone have any opinions of the movement or the watch?

idk about the movement but thats gorgeous

nvm i mistook that for the dw5600... still looks nice though

Not a real chronograph so who cares. If you like imitated chrono subdials that are only day and date then you might as well get one from Casio. Also
>311

nobody is trolling here, are you blind or something?

look at that picture. large watches are one thing, but when it is (no joke) larger than your wrist, it is gaudy and ridiculous

311?

It's really fucking thick at 14 mm, date subdials are fucking disgusting, and it's a fake moonphase. Cool dial texture though.

The stuff from BWAF are better for chinkshit.

The 31 & 1 on the date dial merge together to look like 311.

When 1 and 31 are too close to each other and look like 311. A lot of manufacturers make this mistake.

Here's an example on how it should look like. The 1 and 31 are clearly separate.

Ohh, I get you. Yeah, that's a bit weird.

I will never understand how people can think these look good. That pattern looks like something my grandma would like. That shiny blue looks terrible. It just looks simple and not in a good way like a Grand Seiko.

This is the only worthwhile chinese watch in my opinion. Everything else is just a half-assed copy.

I do like the look of that watch, do you have a link to it?

Is this it? longislandwatch.com/Seagull_1963_Chronograph_p/6345g-2901.htm

A date subdial looks like garbage either way so there's no sense being so autistic about it.

Make the circle 29.5 days and an extra outer leg to accommodate 30 and 31 day months with a flyback and you can combine this with a moon phase indicator and avoid the 311 mess. It just looks untidy.

Suggestions for a chronograph watch for approximately this wrist size?

Hard to say, besides being plain bitchwrist tier.

Measure your wrist first.

Recommended websites to order from (EU)?

Yes.

GOt not measuring tape

but, Height: 2.5CM, Width: 6.5CM

That really doesn't help, the circumference of your wrist is the decisive factor.

Take a thin ribbon of paper and wrap it around your wrist, then mark it where it fully encircles your wrist and measure with a ruler.

~16 CM

Plug in those numbers here to find your optimal watch size.
divewatchesblog.com/watch-comparator/

FYi, modern chronographs are 38mm at a minimum (usually 40+). You can find vintage ones for ~36mm. Pic related. Left is 36mm, right is 38mm

So ideally a sub-38mm chronograph.

The 38mm variant of the Seagull 1963 is a nice option.

Better angle showing how the 38mm fits my 6.75" (17.14cm) wrist.

this came in today

Does this model have the DIAPAL shit?

>ANUS

bummer, dude

Nice. Can you show a side view (i.e., showing the curve of the lugs) and a wrist shot?

Okay. One day wearing the Vostok.
While i do like the dial and caseback the watch case still feels/looks like ass, also it's too lightweight to the point it feels like a toy and the lack of brushed/polished details on the case make it look cheap, maybe i'm just used to my Mako case being brushed/polished but whatever.

I got my new stopwatch today. My other commie chronograph (the left one) stopped working after about a year. I opened it up and there was a wire/spring sticking out. I tried to fix it, but I really had no idea what I was doing. It was only $30 to replace it though. I made sure to get one with Cyrillic on the dial this time, and this one seems to be in better physical condition too. My old one had brass wearing through the chrome in some places, and the acrylic was a bit scratched.

The movement that is used in these has the most satisfying winding that I have ever experienced. The ticking sounds nice too.

Is it okay that I like to wear cheap Casio watches?

its only okay if its the f91w, and nothing else

Not this one.

Well your Mako is at least twice as expensive, right? Applying a single finish to something is a lot cheaper and easier if course.

Now you need to get your hands on a GS, where the polished surfaces are significantly more nicely polished, and then contrasted with a significantly nicer brushed finish.

I decided to forgo the hrnorgraph for half the price

I have two. One from '49 and one from '53. All American.

Just get a Bagelgauss. I have 2.

How do you like it? I've been thinking of grabbing one of those for a while.

citizen is a lot better. it has been 3 years and i haven't changed the battery on mine yet.

Nice cuck watch. You could have gotten an skx for like 50 bucks more.
Also 2big4u

Guys I need a cheap analogue wrist watch with a fabric strap for exercise. Halp me.

r8 the bracelet
I can't believe the oc anus shill actually got someone to buy one.

I really can't decide.
They have nearly identical specs, and are the exact same price.
Barely any reviews out from either, so not too much to go on.
I would really like to know if the bracelet on the Hamilton is any good.

/fa/ wasn't a fan so I've come here

My cheap Soki chink watch, with an aftermarket Nato strap ($10 CAD altogether)

Where do i buy this?

I like it but it looks more like a vintage Omega

I got both on AliExpress

Fashion are a bunch of over priced quartz faggots

I think it's closer to the Seiko King Quartz. Rolex was so scared of Quartz they pretty much copied the design.

Nah they're snobs too. More accepting of quartz and digital maybe, but still snobs. BTFO'd me for buying an oysterquartz. /fa/ is one of the worst boards though.

I agree.
Sub owner here
Enjoy the quality bro

I only buy American and European products.

Not if you are buying a watch for $10.

meme watch but i like it

Arnt the Seiko kings the dick watches?

It's a great watch. I wear it everyday. The feel, the look, its fantastic.

Yup

Now that you point it out is does look similar to my penisquartz watches

2tight

How much for a US or EU watch like that?

Here is a family photo of me and my two vintage seikos

>Inb4 no shirt
>Inb4 chest hair
>Inb4 ninegag is mirin my shoulders

i actually love it. gonna go search for one on ebay

where can i get this type of bracelet?
i dig the hell out of it

That depends. Do you want something that pretends to be from the US/EU or something that actually is?

I'm looking for a minimal dial watch in 36-38mm (I have girl wrists)
any recommendations?

Old picture

Budget?

Is a Japanese one, bambi brand

$200-$350

>tfw just when red/rose gold was starting to be acceptable for non-faggots to wear, smartphones had to come and shit it up and ruin it for everyone again

you're a faggot if you care about social norms you dingus

You should've decided to get a watch that isn't too big for your tiny wrists.

Vintage Omega or Seiko.

Lmao cocklet

I own 6, and just leave them wound down while I wear one for a week or so at a time.

I actually find the bidirectional bezel more useful for everyday stuff. It's easy to set as a timer on things.

i really like it. Love the size and weight, and clean dial.

ive only had canvas wrist straps, a few other cheapos in stainless that i never wore more than once or twice as they just felt like shit.

The bracelet feels good, its quiet, no sharp edges, feels good. I like titanium in my pocket knives and this watch is no exception to myl ove for titanium

At the end of the day we all buy something from someone ashilling, but if it lives up to what they say about the product and how you like it, its not so much as shilling. How are you suppossed to recommend anything then. Hey man hows that $300 knife? "no comment"? Some are winners and some are not so much.

i have been eyeing those myself to replace my work timex

I really want the white dial one but I am looking at the prices and its like $500? I am not paying $500 for a Chinese watch...

what brand is that?

thinking about buying a g.gerlach p.24
only £200 and has saphire, hacking, handwinding
it's a sea gull movement but one of the better ones

>mfw I only buy swiss high-end master race watches

I bet you mean ETAshit.

>le poor user the movie

Gotcha. So please tell me how much of your handwinding quota have you used for this year on your "high-end" watches?

>defending eta garbage
>high end
lmao

>all this rage

Kek, so much denial. Maybe you should harvest the energy of how hard you got cucked and construct a perpetual motion watch winder.

What now

Now bin it and get a good watch.

I'm considering buying this sexy Soviet. Tell me why not to /wt/

Now you have a perfect excuse to get a watch that isn't fucking disgusting

Orient Bambino

Got a movement pic?

>Pocket knives

I knew I recognized that fucking tile.

I've been considering an Oceanus for a while now myself. Can you give me a sense of how good the anti reflective coating on the sapphire crystal is? Excessive reflections are a pet peeve of mine on watches.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I

Yes.

Seems to be the run of the mill ZIM 2602 15jewels movement.

Alright movement overall (for the price) and durable, but this variant lacks shock protection.

Cool, it's currently at less than £10.

20 bongpounds is as much as it's worth.

Otherwise it depends how much do you want it.

These have Breguet hairsprings, oddly they seem common for mid-XX. century Soviet watch movements.

Thinking about getting this for about $600. What do you guys think? I'm looking for something that's a bit dressier than my divers, but can still go with anything.

Dial looks way too busy be dressy. Coin edge bezel looks a bit cheesy as well.

Seiko SARB/SARX series, seiko SDGM003 or 001, Orient Star, Hamilton thin-o-matic/Jazzmaster or the Citizen Grand classic.

Welp, I think I've found my next (next) watch

you can get a glycine combat 6 for $600

g.gerlach make some really nice watches, at really reasonable prices.
they aren't really known at all outside of a couple of watch forums though.

>Purple spot 2 o'clock near centre
What is this?

Best diver under 1000$ coming through

Are the Steinhart's any good?

are you going to ask a fucking seiko shill and expect an honest answer?

Quads trump doubles m8, soI guess the Seiko is better but steinharts are ok, but not real divers

No

Hey guys, what's going on here?

Straight watch talk

We're discussing machines that are capable of working for a century. But please hurry up unboxing your Consumer Money Extractor Mk.2, it will be obsolete before this thread 404's.

Got a link to the Seiko in the pic? Can't seem to find the exact one.

The shogun is superior in every single way aside from the same movement, you must be joking.

Your hands are fucking disgusting, God you must be so fat.

>Walking several miles a day
>I don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a meme smartwatch
What's a good pedometer watch to buy?

He's talking about actual dive watches, not diver shaped objects with random poorly QC's pressure resistance from thinly veiled quadi-rep seller.

What use is there in knowing exactly how many footsteps you take in a day?

It's nice to have the numbers, especially since I'm trying to lose weight. A lot of pedometers will estimate the calories lost too, so it's a nice feature

This is on sale on Newegg

What do you fags think?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0393VV8913

If you're the type of guy to wear a lot of earth tones, get it. Sometimes practicality-fags pull off those kinds of watches really nicely

There are little Bluetooth ones that clip onto your shoes, you don't need a watch for it.

Got a link to the "actual dive watch"? Not that I use my watch under water, but I'll buy it if it's so much better an cheaper than a Steinhart.

Looks like the smartphone's red-dot that user took the photo with.

Looks cool

HAHAHAHA
Now there is a true cock-loving faggot.

Return that shit before it's too late user.

What did I just said?

Return that shit before you become the embodiment of faggotry itself.

>ups, too late

>beanspeak

I've bid up to about £10, if it goes much over that I'm not bothered.

Let's talk about automatic caliber.
Seiko NH35A or 9015 Miyota ?

>not owning a 220k clock in your car
Why Cred Forums?

The Miyota has a higher beat rate. However I believe it only has an unidirectionally winding rotor, while the Seiko has the Magic Lever.

Also the NH35A has SII (Seiko Instruments, formerly Daini Seikosha) stamped on them as manufacturer, while the original 4R35 has Seiko Time Corp. Not sure if this means any difference in quality or even if they're made at different factories at all.

The high beat rate of the 9015 is a definite plus but I think overall they are of similar quality.

The Miyota is unidirectional winding, but it has the higher beat rate, it has a micro-adjuster for the regulator, and appears to have been designed ground up for greater accuracy.

If you know how to regulate your own movements or know a watchmaker to do it for you, the Miyota 9015 should.be much easier to get finely regulated and thus should be more accurate.

If you don't even own a case back opener and don't care about accuracy then buy a Vostok or a Seiko 5.

the pic i already posted of it on the tile out of the box is the best pic i have that shows reflection

>Skmei
Doesn't look like it has any lume.
No day, no date.

Doesn't look that dressy to me, though tastes vary of course. Save up for a nice white faced Speedmaster, second hand once can be reasonable.

I need a good looking digital watch :c any suggestions? Anything, just throw them at me.

wornandwound.com/the-seiko-sdga001-digital-done-right/

ablogtowatch.com/a-lange-sohne-zeitwerk-minute-repeater-watch/

The Seiko SKX, the new SRP, the Monster and the Sumo and Shogun all have ISO certification as divers.

The steinshits just shamelessly copy the design of a dive watch, they aren't actually divers though. No ISO certification and random water resistance results in post-purchsse pressure testing by owners.

monochrome-watches.com/introducing-dewitt-academia-mathematical-concept-watch-no-4/

Would you say a Steinhart would be alright for a person who never wore it in water though?

ablogtowatch.com/devon-tread-1-watch-review/

How much and where can I get it?

Here's my case back opener, works every time :^)

With watches like these, it's a real shame!

/shill voice

These are beautiful, do you know if they all have such excellent lume?

AE1200 green map version, PW3001, G Gerlach Kosmonauta, heaps of vintage stuff.

orient mako
$150~
amazon, ebay etc

>$300 for a Seagul movement
okay mr shill

Way to copy me

It's $212 for a while dial 28,800 hand-wind only watch:
good-stuffs.com/Stunning-Beijing-Zun-Jue-hand-winding-mechanical-watch-28800-high-frequency_p_137.html

The white dial version of doesn't seem to be available. That's probably why prices are inflated.

>mariner
>no chronograph
DYES

BEST DIGITAL QUARTZ EVER

Pity they don't make those anymore. I would love a watch with an e-ink display that you didn't have to charge every day.

Need help quick.
What watch should I get for under £150?

You can still find the SBPA003

What kind of watch do you want?

A very nice, sleek one. I already have a Seiko SNK809K2, and am liking to upgrade. I'd like a chrome/shiny finish on the case and a smooth hand movement.

Orient Bambino, 2nd gen

>can I tell the time from easily?
>no
>good make it fucking expensive

Bentley PR department

>same movement
>top kek titanium
>just as cheap and rattly bracelet
>not better finished or better in any other technical aspect
>twice the price

Wtf nigga you high

Damn, that is a nice watch. But I can't seem to get it very easily in the UK, any other recommendation? I may still get it at some point though.

A true man does not have to be DRESSY, you fuck. Dresses are for women. And you dressy folk just luv teh dick! Wear a tool watch like a proper man, you sad excuse for an air waster.

check ebay, that's where I got mine

Still not a better value than a Turtle. And it's missing the day complication. So, fuck you, but no! Enjoy the pic, cause it's excellent.

5 bar? good luck washing your hoof with that.

>literally only 50$ for better lume, way better finishing and more complex case design

I will take Better Watch for 50$, Alex

That case is ugly as fuck tho. Tuna can tier case.

This one? ebay.co.uk/itm/Orient-2nd-Generation-Bambino-Classic-Automatic-FAC0000CA0-AC0000CA-Mens-Watch-/131923604157?hash=item1eb74272bd:g:VpoAAOSwMgdXxT2n

For some reason the hands look very cheap on that one.

You said the best dive watch under 1000 and it is indeed demonstrably better than the sumo on the basis of aesthetics and the diashield titanium.

The white bambino with these hands are the best. If you buy another other version, you're doing it wrong.

Ye I agree, that's what I was thinking. It's just that the watches with those hands are quite a bit more expensive.

The Gen 2 version with handwind and hacking is either sold out or not out yet.

>unchecked quads

what model seiko is that?

>talking shit about my watchfu

Them's fightin' words

how inaccurate is the seiko going to be? is it really a problem?

Seiko sbdc001 and 031 aka Sumo

I did get the idea from you but I used an engineer type 1 not an engineer type 2.

>Seiko sbdc001 and 031 aka Sumo

holy shit it's $500

Yeah, whadda ya think it cost? It has elaborately designed case, great finishing, best movement, iso 200m diver cert.

And honestly its always under 450$, and úsually you can find a deal for 400$

it looks just like the seiko 5 and similar to the skx007 so i was thinking 250 or so

not even close baby, the hands looks the same but most certainly are not, the finishing is completely different.

Is that trefoil for radiation on there?