What are you doing with your pi's Cred Forums?

What are you doing with your pi's Cred Forums?

ownCloud server. Crashes during every file upload, and takes about a minute to load every folder in the web UI. Better than dropbox, for 300 sweet sweet GB.

Do you use it with a powered HD?

Small FM transmitter

Do tell more. Also post pics

Using PiFmRDS and a bash script. Basically all the audio from the Pi is outputted to FM, and I run ncmpcpp on the device to play music.

Antenna is the default one from my RTLSDR, just some cheap small one. Reaches about 50m away, could be more if I positioned the antenna in a better place.

On mobile right now so I can't post pics, but its pretty much just a standard Pi with a cable coming out of a GPIO pin.

do you have or even need a license?

Its not powerful enough to require a license I don't think. I don't have a license but I wouldn't really care about getting one if I did increase its power. I'm not in the city so no one would complain really, not worried about the police or anyone.

virtual amp for guitar or bass

I have mine as a 'NAS' with a webserver

Usually I rub my pis with my hand during my nightly doujin readings.
Why are you asking?

i am trying to stream large mkv's on mine but every time i load one it just sits there struggling to play a black screen at 100% usage.

the red light starts to blink off and on every couple of seconds at the same time, does this mean i am not giving it enough power? i am using a 2amp phone charger and cable, the thing runs fine but if i cant pay 30gb mkv's with passthrough dts this thing is useless as a media center

i ordered a real 2.5amp power charger

Still need to get some tools, but then I'm going to shove a pi0 into a gameboy case for emulation

Nothing better than usb 2.0 speeds for a NAS just to try to impress no one.

I want to get into this kind of stuff, a sort of home automation DIY thing. I am looking for the fumble-and-fuck-it-up-but-learn experience. I don't give a shit about cost, so what would be a good Pi to use? I have no project ideas, either, so really I guess which is the best Pi?

>I want to buy a raspberry pi, what can I use it for Cred Forums?
every time

Retropie. These nes usb boxes drove me to it. $60 for 30 games, while I'm gonna charge 75-100 for pretty much every retro system and game. Almost done with my test run then it's as simple as duping the sd card to put into new pi's. Not a huge profit to be made unless I really churn them out but glad to hook people up with classic games

It looks like you forget to peel off that last protective layer on the Acrylic.

desu I'm going to buy a shitload of omega 2's when they come out and hook them up to just about everything in my house

>user, why can you ssh into your oven?
>why CAN'T you ssh into yours?

It's fucking illegal either way.
Only cucked transmitters (not even close to the output power of the pi) are allowed. Also, the output of the pi is not anywhere near a clean sinus wave, so it effectively becomes a jammer.

make sure that most/all filesystems get mounted read only so people don't fuck it up by unplugging it

I wrote some python & created a few tables in postgres and set up a little tv shows server

So cut a wire to a fraction of the broadcast wavelength ya dingus

go away consumerist cancer

right now its sitting in my tech closet with all the other worthless computers

Kind of want to make a media center with a Pi 3 for my dorm. It's just $35 + storage + whatever else I need so it's not a big deal if it turns out to be choppy and slow. I think there is a similar product that can do this better.

One of the clubs I'm a part of wants to make a seismometer with one as well.

I really want to do this, but I'm not there yet - congrats, user

Haven't had any issues so far but thanks for the heads up. Should i just make sure saves and settings are on a write drive?

learning the c programming language

Or you could just buy a chromecast.

Is there any way to run a pihole without and botnet dns?

Do you know what a NAS is?

File share whiteness for Exchange clusters.

christmass light controller

Again I don't care about police. I'm doing unlicensed broadcasting on an unused frequency, not murdering someone. Police aren't going to intervene for a 50 meter broadcast which doesn't bother anyone.

waiting for my rca cable and wireless keyboard to come, I'm going to make a TV from 1984 to run ubuntu mate, I remember playing snes with that beauty.
It sounds so wrong though, an OS from 2016 and a monitor from 1984, can it explode?

I stuk mine up my asshole so my mum can find me when we go shopping.

bought a touchscreen for it and installed as a headunit in the car

Waiting on my wifi dongle to use it as a seedbox. Speeds are most definitely gonna be awful but I'm not too worried, BPs is where it's at.

http server hosting the "weekly" articles my friends write once a month

I used it as a simple programmer for some AVR chips to get my feet wet in microcontrollers as it can be used as a standalone system to write the code and dump it on the chip without the need of any other computer.

Don't know if it's actually wise to use it for that kind of stuff but it works.

This

Seems like nearly everyone on Cred Forums thinks the sp00ky policemen are watching everything they do waiting for them to slip up so they can catch them

I'm fucking my raspberry pi, OP. I have it attached to a fleshlight. It controls the fleshlight's vibration and its position so that whenever I thrust the head of my dick touches the pi's processor. I also cum on the processor if I don't pull out.

Collecting dust
And web server, Nextcloud...
i'm setting up a seedbox.

Samba based domain controller for my home LAN. Pi on its way. Looking for disk images and tutorials.

Is that an organic cooler?

OpenVPN server
minidlna server for music
Storage server for backups
FM transmitter (hard on a pi3)
Mac OS 8.5 emulator over VNC
occasional web server
Linux box
OBEX client
Dynamic DNS server
OneDrive backup client via rclone
Website downloader

any other ideas?

Currently running a Gogs git server, on a Pi Zero. It uses the OTG capability, so I can take the server wherever I go, like a glorified USB stick. When I get home, plug in ethernet and power and it is connected to the internet, and I can access it remotely if need be.

Are you running a disco at home, Mr. Baguette?

Gathering dust, I played with my RPI3 for 30 minutes and abandoned it forever after making the light blink

Why not a RetroPie system?

because my fucking phone can emulate better than a raspberry

Got one running a room booking system at the school I work at.

Alright, alright, no need to get salty and butthurt.

Retropie abstracts away a lot of the manual fiddling of a phone though. Of course, if you are looking for portability, currently an Android phone is better. But for playing at home, Retropie is the easiest option out there.

Running a RPi Zero computer cluster, or a RPi3 cluster.

I use it for streaming movies through minidlna, got a web interface for downloading movies and a unrar script to unpack archives. Works very well on all of the TVs at home, and I don't need to put movies on a portable drive. I can mange it completely with my phone.

TRIANGULATE THAT LPFM SIGNAL! WE HAVE A RADIO PIRATE ON OUR HANDS BOYS!

I'm going to hook one up as a security camera once I get a screen.

>installing a botnet on your network

Run wireshark while the chromecast is connected to your network and see what it's doing

If you can access it remotely, why do you carry it around?
Also, how do you connect your pi to ethernet? You use usb to ethernet converter?

yeah, ideally it should work like a real console and only write when the (emulated) game says "saving... don't turn off the power"

Pi-hole for my old RPI 2. It works pretty good.
The new RPI 3 I recently bought I want to install kodi but I haven't found time to get around to it.

Looks really cool desu

Running openvpn + IRC clients

Who cares you paranoid neckbeard? It's a good product and works great.

mine runs OSMC
they actually make excellent little Kodi boxes

>linux 3.4
WoW

Small CUPS/SANE server

>pi idling at 48°c
>get cheap heatsinks
>still 48°c

What the literal fuck?

Have one as a retropie and another as an ntp/dhcp/dns server

RFID scanner

Didn't all of their devs jump ship to Nextcloud? You should too

>pi idling at 48°c
>get cheap heatsinks
>still 48°c
>
>What the literal fuck?
you have to install those heatsinks ya dingus

I have one running retropie, one running as a homeautomation server. Another one I used to build a reading device for my blind granny.

>already have one I don't use
>want to get another one anyway
What the fuck is wrong with me

Based XBMC

Its not too hard with python, you just need to design from the database out

Why not NextCloud?

if I had one I'd use it for a SSH gateway
but I have a old laptop for that and it's got a built in UPS

>What are you doing with your pi's Cred Forums?
Transparent tor gateway.

I bet you use windows

kek

What does this even mean? Why would someone bother using something like a Pi for network storage unless your time is literally worthless waiting for shit to copy.

>I want to get into this kind of stuff, a sort of home automation DIY thing. I am looking for the fumble-and-fuck-it-up-but-learn experience.

>I want to get into home automation
>I want to fuck it up and learn form it

user, when you fuck up home automation, you DIE. Im not warning you again.

bump