wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reference-audio-analyzer.pro/report/hp.php
rbt.asia/g/thread/S56567216
clarityfidelity.blogspot.kr/2016/07/lg-tone-hbs-1100-bt-iem.html
massdrop.com/buy/smsl-m3-dac-amp
massdrop.com/buy/fx-audio-dac-x6
amazon.com/X1-Resolution-Digital-Lossless-Player/dp/B00NS3MRKC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474003760&sr=8-2&keywords=fiio
amazon.com/Micro-Portable-Digital-Music-Player-Ivory/dp/B018K88OSS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1474003760&sr=8-9&keywords=fiio
amazon.com/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2X4889CQ86H0ZF0HV47C
aliexpress.com/store/product/QCY-QY8-Bluetooth-Headset-Wireless-Sport-Bluetooth-Earphone-with-Mic-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-Original-English-Voice/2230053_32683939973.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10054_10069_10059_10058_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=82d33bf2-536d-4630-8043-b4b999ecc3fe
us.hardware.info/products/19/9372-realtek-alc1150-motherboards
amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT-770-Pro-Black/dp/B01ERLN180
amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ZERO-Gaming-Headphone/dp/B00KNPYAEY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474083630&sr=8-4&keywords=senheiser headset
innerfidelity.com/content/aes-headphone-technology-conference-sensory-profiling
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=18345
devicespecifications.com/en/editor-review/85b5d
amazon.co.uk/dp/B0016MNAAI
amazon.com/gp/product/B00K68MT9Q
amazon.com/gp/product/B0058MJX4O/
amazon.co.uk/dp/B015R7AGHC
v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/
amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00T6XUL8S
amazon.co.uk/dp/B015R7AGHC/
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A39PPCG
amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50X-Monitor-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86
amazon.co.uk/ModMic-OMNI-Directional-Xbox-One-Omni-Directional-Mute/dp/B00R98JVVU?th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reference-audio-analyzer.pro/report/hp.php

Someone add this to the wiki for measurement sources, thanks.

Why don't you wait until bump limit to make a new thread?

Why do you remove the good bits of the op too?

And wtf is that image.

I'm pretty sure this is a false flag...

To keep the OP clean in an effort to minimize shitposting.

He lives in denial. He believes we don't have shitposting in /hpg/ unless we give him the full OP and he starts shitposting over trying to minimize the shitposting that happens in /hpg/.

That is easily proven as bullshit.

Can we stop having this meta shitposting.

It's basically shitposting about shitposting.

Just fucking stop.

means that the treble is bright and detailed in the higher frequencies

>Can we stop having this meta shitposting.
Ask the faggot who picks a fight whenever the Full OP is posted.

Majority of anons don't want the 'full' OP.

>Majority
Bullshit. We've had the full OP for months without any "majority" making a stink about it.

Many find it questionable regarding wireless and headsets.

Something should be a rule if half is against it and half is support of it.

I'm neutral on this if anyone cares, eventually the shitposting will stop.

Thank you for the help! I'd like to thank the other anons for helping me out as well. The AD900X seems like a good choice/what I am looking for.

>should
shouldn't*

>Many find it questionable regarding wireless and headsets.
Abandoning the "majority" argument until the next time you bring it up again?

>Something should be a rule
Only those who are against the full OP says they are rules, ie. straw man argument.

My point was that if something is debated in here, it shouldn't be a rule. But my point still stands, notice the if in my post. The argument was never abandoned.

But they are rules, you're saying 'x is frowned upon'.

Look if you want to help steer people against wireless or headsets, make a good image guide and add it to the wiki or something with good points in favor of your arguments aka views.

Daily reminder that wires are obsolete.

>My point was that if something is debated in here, it shouldn't be a rule
Your point is invalid because it IS NOT A RULE. No on treats it or believes it is a rule. The only rules in /hpg/ are those that apply to Cred Forums in general, ie. NOTHING POSTED IN THE OP IS A RULE. You already got called on this straw man argument. Trying to maintain it doesn't make it any less an invalid argument.

So your solution to the problem is to put 'x is frowned upon' which is an attempt to reduce shitposting about x, which in turns causes more shitposting about x

The solution? A clean OP.

DT770 or K7xx ?

I want to listen for like, 8 straight hours a day. What do I want.

DT770.

The limited edition 80 ohm is 130 on amazon, that's a steal.

>which in turns causes more shitposting about x
>causes more shitposting
That position was already proven to be bullshit in yet you want to maintain it? Do you lack the mental facility to learn from past errors or just closed-minded?

You left out the good bits too you fucking retard

>cherrypicking

rbt.asia/g/thread/S56567216

Add it to the wiki, retard.

/hpg/ has had a clean OP for years.

Piss off newfags.

>rbt.asia/g/thread/S56567216
What part are you referring to is being disregarded or "cherry-picked?"

Why would you even want that in the op if it just causes shitposting and why are your shitposting in a clean thread?

Jakkasu pls go

>/hpg/ has had a clean OP for years.

Are you the same faggot making the same claim and provided a citation from the archives that included the OP from 2014 full of greentext? You act like the same faggot.

Apparently I'm retarded,
what's the difference between that and the 250ohm, it's less than a 20 dollar difference

>Why would you even want that in the op if it just causes shitposting
Because it doesn't cause shitposting. One faggot's choice to pick a fight everytime the full OP is not the results of the OP. Don't blame the OP for a faggot being a faggot.

>it doesn't cause shitposting
>it causes shitposting
Okay

>If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"
Please include this in the next op.

Blue
Tooth

250ohm needs more voltage, besides that sound is identical between both, oh and the 250 ohm has a coiled cable

>It's not my fault I'm a faggot. It's the OP.
No one can stop you from shitposting regardless of what is in the OP as proven in All we can do is call you on your bullshit and stop responding to your shitposting.

White
Teeth

bait

Wireless is the future and nothing will change that. Especially not some stupid poorfag audiophile NEET who wastes most his time on Cred Forums :^)

Apple controls the industry and Apple has made its decision.

>Please include this in the next op.
You're free to create a particaption guidelines pastebin that has some good advice on posting in the thread, but don't flat out say shit like 'x is frowned upon' etc

Oh well fuck coiled cables. If there's no difference that's pretty nice, I was planning on getting the magni but that's probably overkill for this at 80ohms

>Wireless is the future and nothing will change that.
Tiny, crappy DAC/amp, and added weight from batteries, wires, RX/TX circuitry, etc. "is the future."

How much are you paid by Apple to shitpost on public forums?

>crappy DAC/amp
not like it affects audio quality you stupid shit

I bet you think cables changes the sound too

>crappy DAC/amp
>not like it affects audio quality you stupid shit
wew
What is output impedance?

>output impedance mattering on a wireless headphone that's manufactured by the manufacturers themselves

Nigga just look at the frequency response.

Once again your ignorance is showing.

>not like it affects audio quality you stupid shit
Digital to audio converter doesn't affect audio quality. . . Wew lad. You've got no understanding at all about what you are talking about.

Oh look, it's an idiot clinging to the past

I'm not the user you were arguing with. I just think that saying that the quality of the included DAC and amp doesn't affect sound quality is fucking retarded.

>Nigga just look at the frequency response.
There is much more to the sound of headphones than frequency response graphs.

Is shitposting a common characteristic of wireless advocates or there just one of you faggots who specializes in it?

>implying jakkasu isn't a master shitposter

Is this the new CG?

For wireless headphones, you aren't measuring the DAC's performance, you're measuring the end point which is the headphones themselves.

Here's an example:

clarityfidelity.blogspot.kr/2016/07/lg-tone-hbs-1100-bt-iem.html

JK is the new CG.

so it looks like akg has a bunch of headphones around $100. are any of them comfy, with a neutral sound? is this a pointless effort?

>jakkasu
>implying he's not the same shitposter calling others shitposters as recorded in

>Budget
$40-100 USD
>Location
USA
>Source
Desktop PC
>Preferred type of headphone
No mic needed. No preference on wired/wireless.
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Something pretty comfortable for wear a few hours at a time but I'm used to "heavy" headphones.
>Preferred tonal balance
Nothing in either extreme. Not an audiophile.
>Past headphones
JVC HA-RX 700 (2)
Sennheiser 497 (same cans but like 5 cables)

I just broke my second pair of JVC HA-RX 700s, each lasting about a year before the plastic connector that serves as the housing for the wire from the left side to the right broke, so I'm once again left needing to buy some headphones. I'd like something pretty durable. I am hard on my headphones as I usually just place them on the arm of my chair or right on my PC when not in use, but they are never ported around anywhere else.

Honestly of all the headphones I've owned over the years, it's always the cable that ends up fucking up somehow. I would be open to wireless suggestions but I don't know if the quality is there yet. Kind of a pleb with this stuff if you couldn't tell.

The trip is me. I've was in these threads a few years ago, when CG was around. I wrote one of the $200 and under guides.

What's the best way to use a mic with a headset? I see a bunch you can attach but I'd have two wires going two different directions towards my pc and my amp. Is there such a thing as an amp/dac that has microphone input?

Guess the other chan didn't work out?

man CG was cancer and JK is following his path...

The other technology board kicked out a lot of the generals. There's no /hpg/ or /dpt/ for example. Also I couldn't do anything audio related for while because I had a serious complication with my sinuses that affected my hearing.

Are there any decent digital headphone amplifiers that take SPDIF input? Relying on USB is such a bitch and has so many issues.

Don't you mean DAC?

Yes. Anything decent for under $100?

>The trip is me.
What tripfag are you talking about? There's no tripfag in the incriminating pic nor did a tripfag post or

There's these on Massdrop for under $70
massdrop.com/buy/smsl-m3-dac-amp
massdrop.com/buy/fx-audio-dac-x6
No idea if there are any good or not as I haven't listened to them.
There's also the Schiit Modi 2 Uber for $149

In the image posted here I am accused of being the shitposter

You are a tripfag that didn't use your tripcode and expect anyone to believe you?

I'm curious. Why are you purposely going out of your way to help/protect a faggot who intentionally picks fights and shits up /hpg/ with his shitposts? Are you admitting that you are a tripfag who intentionally tries to shit up /hpg/?

anyone ever tried these? i need some good bluettoth

>admitting that you are a tripfag who intentionally tries to shit up /hpg/?
That's why there aren't any /hpg/ on the other technology board. He shitted them up too.

Ignore me, I've confused the image and misunderstood you. I thought I was being accused of being the shitposter because one of my posts was in the image. I apologise for starting an argument with you.

Consumer technology such as headphones is not allowed there, unless it's in the consumer advice sticky, which is not somwhere indepth discussion can take place.

XPT100?

> budget
Less than $200
> location
Home
> source
iPhone / iPad
> preferred type of headphone
Wireless IEM
> comfort
Pretty comfy and light
> past headphones
EarPods

What's wrong with the earpods?

Nothing just looking for wireless alternatives

>Fixing something that isn't broke
Ah, the wonders of consumerism. No wonder you have at least three Apple products.

Stay poor :)

Thanks, not familiar with that brand but they look pretty well reviewed. I'll keep them in mind. Any others to check out, especially knockoffs from China like these?

I bought these things for 20 freedom dollars. Did I do good or did I do bad?

>JBL
You did just fine, my son.

/hpg/ hates in-ear though so prepare for hate.

I just bought a Bose 25 acoustic noise canceling head phones plus a 2 year plan with best buy... I feel the burn in the pocket but it's such an upgrade from my shit tier razor blackshark. My question is; Is the product I bought a decent item for the price $300 before the 2 year plan?

Should be fine, quality is identical to the wired edition.

To guys with longer hair - do you move it out of the way or just place your headphones on with your hair between them and your ears?

Get a haircut faggot.

Move it out of the way, it'll just get hot and the seal will be shit with it in the way

What's the thinkpad of headphones?

Takstar Pro80

I haven't had long hair for years now.
Makes sense.

BEST TEETH IN THE GAME

LG Tone series is considered the best wireless IEMs here.

When has the LG Tone ever been mentioned here before?

Hi guys. I know, this this is a worong thread for make this question:

An ipod nano (7thgeneration) is worth ?

Thanks! Greetings from Chile

Yamaha EPH-100SL or the ATH-im02?

Anyone with either have experience with them?

Let me guess, you have a human-sized cage in your basement?

no, why would you say that?

Get a ruizu x02, ask /csg/ for more information.

>Budget
>Location
Midwest USA
>Source
Laptop, phone, cd player
open ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
I will be wearing them for hours at a time.
Mostly for use in the library when I'm studying or at home.

Whats some tips to make sure that I don't ruin the headphones? I'd love to have them last a while

>ipod nano (7thgeneration)
NO. That shit cant even play most audio files.
Get amazon.com/X1-Resolution-Digital-Lossless-Player/dp/B00NS3MRKC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474003760&sr=8-2&keywords=fiio

or amazon.com/Micro-Portable-Digital-Music-Player-Ivory/dp/B018K88OSS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1474003760&sr=8-9&keywords=fiio instead.

Anyone here have/had both 598s and 600s? I want to know how comfy the 600s are compared to the 598s or if I should wait for the new 5XX series. I already have good analytical cans but I want to know about easy listening for hours.

>past
>I had wireless headphones 20 years ago
>they were shit and are still shit
You must be at least 18 to use this site.

Thanks, Jimmy.

take some pictures so I can masturbate to them

Dwayn the rock Jimmie?

I still need to clean-up all my set up to make it actually comfy, and I have to buy more memes, a DAC will we the next thing.

>that music library

ATH-M50?

Is it worth? I seek for basses and good noise isolation

amazon.com/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2X4889CQ86H0ZF0HV47C

jbl is pretty nice
i'd assume theyre good
wonder how they'd compare to pistons or hybrid 3s

do you actually fly regularly or take taxis/ubers regularly?

if not you gypped yourself
its the recomended sales price

but unless you actually need noise cancellation youve wasted money. you can get HD600's for that money

this or Shure SRH1540

not that

SHP9500

mdr-v6/mdr-7056

My house mate has a dog that barks too much for my taste and they seem to work great as long as I have something playing at a medium level.

Hey Guys

>hd600
>e10k

My nigga, that's my end game ;)

MDR-V6.

Damn rich Chinese.

you forgot your waifu, newfag

How much does having a dac help? I'm talking like a 100 or less dollar dac. Would it even make an audible difference or is it not worth it until the higher price ranges? Say something like the modi 2, would I hear that or would I be meme'd

Buy the e10k. You don't need anything else unless you want incredible dirt. That's when you buy a tube amp.

Don't fall for the memes.

Upgraded to these after trading HD650 (bought for $100) + $550
Replaced the earpads since the old ones were nasty, all in around $750
I really should have paid like $150 less than I did, since they were dirty as fuck and the headband/pads were worn to shit. At least they sound great and should last me for a while.
Thoughts /hpg/?

Genuine thoughts compared to the 600? I could never own those based on the price and appearance. Each to their own I guess.

Sup dude, i like your stuff.
Which of those is your favorite headphone?
MDR V6 imo.
I keep my hair behind my ears when listening to headphones, i don't know, just feels comfortable that way.

guess your purchase is fine
didnt think that ANC would actually do shit for dogs since it works best with constant, low tones

desu straight passive isolation probably does more than the ANC

Never tried the HD600, but the first thing I've noticed is that the sound stage is much bigger than the 650s. Depending on the type of music, the HD800 sounds 'much better' than the 650.
I've only had them two days, so I can't really go into much detail about how different they are.
Are they worth the $500 or so over the HD600/650? Not really.

Currently listening to the Ether the most.
Except the TH-X00 for bassy stuff.
I have to listen to them more and try more comfy pads to forge a real opinion.

Interesting. I've owned the 600 and 650 and I think that the 600 is slightly better than the 650 overall.

imo the 600 would be the ultimate headphone if it had a tiny bit more bass and sound stage, with the build quality of lets say.. the x2's.

The X2s are actually my favorite out of every headphone I've had. They're comfortable as hell and sound great when you really haven't tried anything better.
I bought the 650s intending to flip them, but listened them too long and they grew on me. Ended up selling the X2s.
If I ever downgrade from the 800, I'll probably go back to the X2.

>sound great when you really haven't tried anything better.

This is true. They are great all around headphones especially if you love bass, but when you compare them to the 600s or 650s they sound muddy as fuck and it feels like a huge downgrade.

If you ever went back you would get used to them like you said though. That build quality is so satisfying.

so somehow my headphone jack got bent, it still plugs in, is it most likely okay from an audio standpoint; like would it affect the sound at all?

no
not at all

no its not okay from an audio standpoint? or no it wont affect the sound?

no its fine
as long as it conducts and nothing creates impedance its not going to change shit

okay thanks :)

Dumb question but where did you sell your headphone? Whats a good place to sell a headphone, i want to get rid of my ath m50 (red edition).

Craigslist is easy if you don't want to deal with shipping, but you probably wont get much.
I use ebay if the craigslist ad doesn't sell within a week.
There's head-fi as well, but I haven't used that.

i was randomly looking around headphone graphs in this site until this one in particular made me curious. There seem to be 2, almost entirely, different measurements. One is "SF1" the other is "HDM1". What is this? I've seen this before but I don't know what it is.

Ebay is very good for selling headphones. Just be aware of the 10% charge and shipping costs etc.

My friend sold his fucking dt770's second hand for the same price they were listed on amazon at the time. Some people are retards. On that not try not to spend the money until the seller gives you positive feedback.

sony mdr 7506 or sony V6?

>On that not try not to spend the money until the seller gives you positive feedback.
What?

Sorry, I meant try not to spend the money you receive on an item until the buyer gives you positive feedback. There's a lot of fussy ebayers out there that want refunds after a week etc.

they didnt contact me if i got the job or not today, so now that means i have the whole weekend to wonder if i got it or not

:/ smdh

most decent headset on aliexpress under 20 bucks?

is this a good idea? it's wireless... how's the mic?

aliexpress.com/store/product/QCY-QY8-Bluetooth-Headset-Wireless-Sport-Bluetooth-Earphone-with-Mic-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-Original-English-Voice/2230053_32683939973.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10054_10069_10059_10058_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=82d33bf2-536d-4630-8043-b4b999ecc3fe

>>>/csg/

/sqt/ sent me here, now i'm supposed to ask there? am I being memed?

No you should really go to chink shit general since thats literally what you're inquiring about

Whats the closes I can get to an HD 598/599 but with strong bass?

>Budget
$150CAD
>Location
Canada
>Source
Phone
In-ears
>Preferred tonal balance
V-shaped, fairly bass heavy
>Past headphones
DT770-80.

Need some in-ears for the bus ride to school, too much of a pain in the ass to use my 770s, the cable is too long.

>bluetooth chinkshit
enjoy your braindamage

Philips x2 fixelio

But does that dac improve anything if I already have an amp?

ok so.. not that. What should I get then?

What amp? The dac only improve if your built in dac sucks. For example some computer motherboard has cheap audio component that sucks and makes crackling noise if you turn it all the way up. If you are playing it on a smartphone the dac are usually okay.

If you are curious i believe the priorities should be
Headphone > amp > dac in that order.

I have a cheap dac and i would say it only increase the sound quality by like 2-5%. Anything more would be placebo imo.

What focusrite is that, and do audio interfaces actually power headphones and sound good?

Xiaomi Hybrids

Thanks.

Shure SE215

Explain what is the point of headphones with ranges of 1 μHz --- 9999 kHz range when humans cant even hear anythin out of 20Hz to 20 kHz?

dick waving

Piss off dogs.

The dac at least provides a clean source. aka no noise at all.

It's best to have a dac over on board. I've owned more expensive dacs and amps and they're pointless beyond the e10k as long as thy can make your headphones go loud enough.

The e10k is cheap, usb and incredibly small. It will last you forever, you literally can't go wrong with it.

Define noise, is it that crackling sound that sounds like a record player?

hey /hpg/

So i just recently bought a headphone cable extender, a cheap one for 2 euros from store.

Am i losing any quality with this cable?

>It's best to have a dac over on board. I've owned more expensive dacs and amps and they're pointless beyond the e10k as long as thy can make your headphones go loud enough.
it's hilarious how delusional somebody has to be to dismiss 'expensive' DACs while also recommending a pointless non-upgrade simply because it's not an on-board solution.

E10K is no better than an ALC1150 mobo.

Maybe another dummy head that they've used, their measurements seem quite smooth also.

No.

ALC1150's spec sheet is impressive but I've heard an ALC1150 motherboard with high output impedance once, granted it was a sighted observation the upper bass boost was easily heard on the HD558 that was used.

Tell me some ALC1150 mobo, I still don't have a DAC and I don't know if I should get one and then any other mobo when I upgrape my PC or to get a specific mobo with that DAC-like thing.

most of the midrange to enthusiast level motherboards will have ALC1150.

us.hardware.info/products/19/9372-realtek-alc1150-motherboards

Cool, I was just lurking that page before you told me and realized that they aren't just special snowflakes and looks kinda common. I already got in mind to get that z170 (maybe the micro ATX one to full comfiness).
I don't think I'll get another DAC for that since I'd get a 100€~ one that wouldn't be too much batter than the mother board's one itself.

ALC1150 is fine as a DAC, but the amp performance might be questionable, however it will be fine with flat impedance headphones like M50x.

>Maybe another dummy head that they've used
How can two dummy heads have opposite perceptions of low frequencies? Which one should I trust?

I have a DT880 and O2, I guess that's ok

Those look nice and I know they are classics but I'm not sure I'd like studio/monitoring headphones as I've never owned them. The HA-RX 700s that I am coming from I believe have a sensible amount of bass boost and I'm nervous that those Sonys will be very treble-y sounding to me. Is that fair? Does the fact that they are old matter?

Stretch a bit and get this.

amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT-770-Pro-Black/dp/B01ERLN180

Not the guy you responded to, but how are these? I don't want super bassy, and I was looking at dt770s I hear they're comfy as fuck

It's not super bassy, it does have boosted sub-bass and it's pretty nice.

The dog is usually a floor under me, but yeah, it's works pretty well.

Thanks man. I think I will end up getting these since they seem to be pretty high quality, what I'm looking for, and well-reviewed. I can stretch the extra $20.

Will the 80 ohm version be fine without an amp for music/video games?

It can be very sibilant

No amp needed.

Get the black 80 ohm limited edition. The BLACKED pads are better.

Alright but should I be concerned about ?

That's the 250ohm. Where's the 80ohm?

It's so different, could be considered an entirely different headphone

I want the v-moda wireless, can anyone stop me?

Bluedio n2 if you want wireless, I like mine, they're decent.

Rock zircons or xiaomi pistons, kz edr2, etc if you want wired.

How would the 80 ohm version compare to ATH-M50X? I like Japanese stuff.

Thanks.

>Budget
$50-80 USD
>Location
US
>Source
Computer, phone. I have a Fiio E6 Amp to use
>Preferred headphone style
Over ear
>Preferred balance
Relatively flat, slightly bassy.
>Past headphones
ATH-M50s, lent them out to family and they broke em.

It adds bit of a sibilance but it's not really much of a problem, it's only shown if the recording itself is sibilant.

m40x

Well, buydig has them on sale for $80 that comes with a case and a ATR 3350i Mic.

Bought.

>soundstage
>real

Thanks. I ended up going with the ATH-M50X in the end. I just got a little skittish about the flatness at the low end for the DT770s.

>Budget
$40-100 USD

>ignores and gets the m50x

lmao, bruh ill sell my Red m50 for 120

Yeah I went over budget but I use my headphones too much to justify buying a third cheap ($40) pair over the past ~2.5 years. Hopefully I can make these last. I know they aren't top of the line but I think I'll be happy with them.

Looking to get new cabling for my pair of Grado RS1is and either open them up myself (bit leery considering they're wood cups) or have someone re-cable them for me with a better turn around than Grado themselves. Grado wants 5~ weeks average to get them done for me, and it's going to cost $100 for the same shitty standard Y cable.

Any suggestions?

>Any suggestions?
Get new headphones and finally experience what music actually sounds like.

get the hd800 :^)

>posting in a cancer general format thread in the current year
I don't know what else I was expecting, honestly.

>owning grados in 2016
i really don't know what you were expecting the reaction to be when it's common knowledge that grados are garbage.

Grados are a meme. They were ok in the late 90's but things have changed alot since then,

b-bbut they are good for rock!

Does any non-gigantic wireless earbuds with decent sound quality event exists?

Budget: $50-100

Style: IEM

current headphones: ATH-M50x

Source: mostly iphone (sorry, I won't make this mistake again"

I listen to a lot of hip hop and vaporwave

I like my m50x a lot and would like something that sounds similar, but IEM

Also I really like the ones where the wire wraps around the top of your ears like with the SE215s

>wireless earbuds

Airpods™ for yours only for $159.

RHA MA750

chinkshit headset just died

need something new, good and cheap

must have both a 3,5mm jack and a usb one

Dam it feels good to be a gangster.

>headset
not here

Yeah obviously Ety ears dildos™ are much better.

>Budget
No more than $100
>Location
US
>Source
Computer
>Preferred type
Full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort Level
Comfort takes priority for me, I'll probably be wearing them for 6-7 hours a day.

>headset
Get a snowball ice and be done with it.

hd558

>gangster
>Doesn't have a 7.1 audio theater system.

Headphones are poorfag tier compare to speaker audiophile levels.

Step it up.

>klipsch
LOL

nice meme

not as good a meme as klipsch speakers

headset, headphones they're all the same shit breh

which one would you recommend?

Oh shit, Cred Forums is gonna blow............You've done it now.

here you go bruh

amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ZERO-Gaming-Headphone/dp/B00KNPYAEY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474083630&sr=8-4&keywords=senheiser headset

Why should I pick a pair of headphones that require an amp vs one with low impedance?

What is the least I should pay for a DAC for casual listening? I see amazon and ali are full of cheap USB DACs

From what I understand, headphones that need an amp to drive are less susceptible to interference since they need a stronger signal to make a noise.

Besides getting friends, where could I try out quality headphones like Sennheisers to decide whether the meme is worthwhile or not?

>they haven't listened to a properly ripped classical, orchestral, or jazz album from quality hardware over Grado cans

buy two headphones from amazon, and return one :^)

or guitar center and meet up

>obtain quality hardware
>run the quality signal into horseshit headphones like grados
wow what a waste of money

Polyurethane > Velour

Amazon bans you for shit like that.

Genuine leather > everything else

>67.3 billion dollarus company
>giving a shit about sub 200-500 dollars

dont be a pussy, its not like you are damaging them

For condoms maybe, but headphones? Nah.

That's not how amazon works you dumbshit.

lol are you an amazon worker?

>opinion based entirely on the opinions of teens on Cred Forums and reddit that bought a pair of SR60s or SR125s
>never personally tried or tested reference or professional or statement series cans
>$.0001 has been deposited into your Sennheiserbux account

Wew lads.

>grado
>reference/professional
lol

>giving a shit about kikes flipping chinkshit

Are you actually retarded? All amazon does is host 3rd party sellers like ebay. All amazon does is act the middle man for shipping. When the seller has a problem with you they go to amazon to get their money back. Do this too many times and they lock your account.

Is Planar Magnetic a meme?

>All amazon does is host 3rd party sellers like ebay
Most of which are kikes flipping chinkshit or kikes who outsource to chinks

Also many stores if not all on Amazon are supposed to have a no questions asked return policy if you just didnt like what you bought, just like any other fucking store. There's nothing wrong with returning shit you dont want you shylock.

>not
>an
>argument

Buying a headphone based on the transducer is a meme.

do you have a grado monitor too because it looks like you're struggling to read my posts.

>Do this too many times and they lock your account.

That the thing bro, you only do it 1-5 times and its no problem. I return like at least 7 or 8 thing from last year and had no problems (not headphones though).

pro tip: amazon doesn't care along as they make a profit.

Not when you are buying $700 and up items then immediately returning them.

What posts?

To all headphone request forms above me

Sennheiser HD-25

I have those, works pretty fine for me but it won't do too much for noise isolation, better get some on ear headphones, if you're using it for sports though, I found that they have a pretty good sound quality, the lows are definitely accentuated, depends what you're using them with too.

Hi guys, it's not really related, but you ought to know.
I have this old high-end amp, now I want to connect a SACD player, a PC and a PS4 to it.

It has inputs marked "tape", "tuner" etc, the usual.

Can I just connect PC to any input or it won't work?

Is the Scarlett solo a good DAC for just regular use? I'm planning on pairing it with HD598 or Audioengine A2+

Tape is the one you want. Any of them should work except for phono though. That has a separate high gain cartridge.

>grado
>reference

Nah, it's too colored, there's like one neutral grado headphone, and that's really good, but the majority is colored crap.

>there's like one neutral grado headphone
There really isn't.

Ok, thanks!

Which one is even close to neutral? I assume neutral wrt a diffuse field?

HP1000.

Sennheiser HD800S or AKG K612?

obviously the AKG K612

K612.

More neutral, therefore it's better.

They cost over $1k? alrighty then...

I tried some v modas in a store, the pads pinched the top of my enormous ears, so watch out for that

Might wanna check out the SHP9500.

>Closed
>SHP9500
Pick one.

>(Spoiler: People say they want sound quality first, but when it's tested it comes in third after design and comfort.)

What?

>when it's tested it comes in third after design and comfort.
Source?

I get comfort and fit but

>design

Link? You are aware that AES is a loose organization which doesn't even peer review its own members articles and having Shape as having the highest rating seems to indicate that aesthetics were biased in the methodology.

innerfidelity.com/content/aes-headphone-technology-conference-sensory-profiling

Beats

>comfort near the top
>weight near the bottom

>Remember to freely give good advice to folks on sound quality: They think it's important, so they'll appreciate it. But they may forget when faced with cool looking cans at the store, so it's good they've had a personal touch on sound quality.

>Groups of 4-6 participants
That might be a problem. Headphone experiences are individual not group activities, especially when it might be an ugly headphone that might have been favored but open to social critique.

The T50RP have lambskin Alpha Pads from MrSpeakers.
Tubes in the Lyr 2 are stock, might try something else in the future.
Might also be time to retire AIMP and move back to Foobar.

Hi!

I've never owned semi-open/open headphones (besides portapros) - how much sound do they leak? If someone is sitting ~4 feet behind me, will they hear everything? I'm looking for a decent upgrade to the old M50s I've had for years. I listen to all genres of music, so I'd prefer a balanced sound, if anyone has any recommendations. Not necessary though as I just would like an answer to my first question.

Open headphones leak relative to how loud you listen.
Play something at the level you listen, swivel your headphones cups to face you and that generally is how much leak open headphones have.
Though, some open headphones do leak more or less based on design ex Grados leak a lot.

Thanks bud. I don't listen to my music too loudly so I don't think that'll be an issue. What're the main difference between Beyer 770-990s? I'm looking at the 990 250 ohm (already have amp).

DT770 is closed.
DT880 is "semi" open but it's fucking open.
DT990 is open.

DT770 is heavily v-shaped which makes it feel lacking in the mids. Decent if you are looking for that kind of signature in a closed headphone, I personally do not like them.
DT880 is the most balanced out of this line and has it's place in the "big 3" which also consists of the HD600 and K702. It does have a significant spike, as most Beyers do, at around 9khz which some could find annoying.
DT990 is trash. Like the DT770, it's v-shaped but unlistenable due to it's huge treble spike.

Thanks for the spoonfeeding, and also sorry for it. I'm just a passer-by from Cred Forums.

-you can't trust filthy russians
-their scale and compensation (or lack of) makes every measurement look jank and inconsistent with other measurements so it's hard to cross-compare
-I don't like chinks either but as far as amateur measurements go they're better.

>from one meme to another
and no they don't sound good for the price. but bose does ANC well. still, but from BB new and with a fucking plan? talk about throwing away money. the qc25 is outdated now, you could have found an old one for a fraction of that. or get a qc 35 or better yet the new sony top-end ANC.

What are some good closed headphones up to 100€? I mostly listen to ambient/drone/jazz/synthwave/altrock, and I don't want them to be neutral sound. I'm not a audiophile, so 100€ phones are okay to me. I was thinking about Audio-Technica ATH-m30x and AKG K451. Opinions?

Some xl-pads will fix that I've heard. I'm buying them on next pay day then.

Forgot to mention, Im also looking for portable ones (so these AduioTechnica won't do). And what are your opinions on Y50?

behind the ears

v6

>spend that much and can't afford a decent monitor or keyboard

after eq'ing the x2, hd600, and q701 to be close to my personal ideal target I can honestly say I like switching between all 3 depending on the music/game/my mood.

grados factually measure like shit and are massively overpriced as you go up in model. you can't really argue this without resorting to tube defenses like "ok but I like that sound". fine, but it's inaccurate and in a way that most people would find unpleasant. lots of people fanboy over ultrasone too, doesn't mean it's not shit.

true, don't buy on driver type. but there is a reason planar/electrostats are massively over-represented in the "best in the world" tier of headphones compared to the number that actually exist in the market.

v6, CAL, tr50p mk3 if you're ok with not as much bass or want to get into a mod project.

>Budget
10 - 15 €
>Location
Germany
>Source
Xperia Z3
In-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Shouldnt hurt my ears like most in-Ear headphones do
>Preferred tonal balance
good sound, good "look"
>Past headphones
Audi Technica ATH-M50x (using for my laptop)
XIAOMI Mi Piston 3 (using for my phone, but the cable is broken, so searching new ones)

I'm looking for a good wireless headset since my G930 is buggy and dying after a couple years

Should I get the G933? It looks beautiful, I just want to know if its got shitty software like the G930, and if I can expect sound issues

Was finally happy to see a headphone in my poordag budget (SHP9500) and then learned is was not closed. What should I buy now?

>It looks beautiful

v6

ty for help, great input

Rather than a secondhand report, read the paper directly.

>which doesn't even peer review
They do have have a peer review system, but conference papers are not necessarily as carefully checked.

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=18345

>Monoprice Monolith M1060
>it's a Hifiman

X2's or Q701's? I've tried the Q701's, but haven't been able to try out the X2's. Can only buy one of them. I'm looking for great sound, and details, but the cans should also cover a wide amount of music genres and styles, movies/shows and gaming.
Q701's were nice, but they need amping and I might not be able to spend money on an amp right away, not even the cheap ones. Soundstage was really wide but at the cost of center imaging. Kind of like an ellipse. Lots of detail, sounded gorgeous, but also a bit harsh, but I think that was because of insufficient amping when testing (plugged them into my HTC One M7).
I haven't heard X2's but from what I've read, I think they'll be great for general, all-around usage with a lot of music and media, but that they suffer in detailing. Some people praise that they've balanced the cans exceptionally well, some people say the lower bass extension, while smooth and low, still mud up the mids that they sound really muffled.

aaaand the lambdas are less bright than all the popular models here bar the HD 600/650.

craigslist/gumtree/kijiji or whatever the fuck your local alternative is

head-fi can work if youre in the US, though i think most on there wouldn't want m50x's unless theyre cheap af

HD 558
fuckin brilliant for all day use
SHP 9500 if you cant find 558 for cheap enough
theyre not as comfy tho
around the same sound quality

Get the K7XX because the memory foam earpads. I have the K702 and the earpads use the hardest foam ever.

Is this good for a smartphone, or just average?
Just curious cause I've never seen this done for smartphones before

devicespecifications.com/en/editor-review/85b5d

Cool, always being curious abour Planar headphones, i suppose they sound very nice.
That's the 8i6 Scarlett, mine had no problems driving the K702, DT880 250ohms and HD600, haven't tested it with less sensitive than that for now. I do think it sounds good, if anything mine sounds a bit warmer than the O2 or the Magni, but it's usually enough for my needs and a huge upgrade from my laptop's onboard.
I still think it makes sense, even though that's not my personal order at all.

That's transparent depending on who you are talking to.

all non low-end logitech headphones are trash and should never be considered

wireless headsets are all trash
headsets are almost always trash above 50 dollars

none of that is extremism
just get some nice headphones and a desk mic
people always overvalue the benefits of wireless and headsets
they barely improve shit, and often come with multiple drawbacks

also those look like fucking aids

the x2 is exremely pleasant to listen to, but the bass definitely does slight make everything else muddy
really depends if you want that extra little clarity, or the nice warm low end extension.
k7xx are better as another user said too

What do you recommend for gaming then?

I meant for audio playback?

I don't recall noticing a big difference going from my htc desire to a nexus 5, so I'm curious whether these measurements matter and if these results are average, above average, or below average for a phone, for multimedia playback.

Head-Fi classifieds are international, and very busy outside the United States.

Hard to say. Audio measurements are more difficult than you might realize.
The first and most basic requirement is to specify a load. All the measurements and real world performance depend on this. It might be unloaded(very high impedance load), but I can't tell for sure.
RMAA measurements are not very comprehensive either. There are many potential devils that may be lurking unnoticed.
It looks okay, but I don't say that with confidence.

Will you fuck off JK, no one cares about your outdated opinions.

Closed portable headphones with a warm sound up to 100euro. And i need your opinions on AKG Y50

>it looks okay
It really won't make much difference, will it?

You legitimately sound like an extremist.

Dude just get a standard budget headset. I found some for $10 from a chink shop. Microphone sounds excellent, headphones sound okay, but too bassy.
Overall, really happy considering the price.

Try seeing what's available within your budget and look up reviews. There's nothing wrong with wireless either, if you don't mind having to charge it twice a week.

a decent pair of headphones
and a desktop mic

there is no such thing as audio designed for gaming
good audio is good audio
if you actually want to get the most competitive viability out of your audio as in footsteps, you want something neutral, or with emphasis on mids
HD558/598 are good
SHP9500 are good

if you actually need a headset [as in you cant get a desktop mic, as in youre a console pleb]
get the kingston hyper x cloud core
cheap as shit, sound as good as M40X, and the mic quality isnt abhorrent

otherwise just fill out a purchase request if nothing ive mentioned really sparkles your fancy

>no one cares
except for the person asking
>outdated opinions
elaborate
nothing is outdated, i currently hold these opinions

>You legitimately sound like an extremist
im not
headsets are 99% of the time a vast waste of money
most people dont realise how little you actually benefit
desk mics are cheap, and sound good
you can even get a full proper set up [boom, good condenser mic, phantom power] for under 35 USD from aliexpress/ebay

wireless is only needed if youre playing on an old console that doesnt have 3.5 in on the controller
ps4 and xbone do

youre not going on a fucking jog with your gaming™ headset, a cable doesnt affect you for shit

this is probably a bad idea if you just want to rely on chance of not getting shithouse audio

You're definitely an extremist. And close minded too.

Are you Muslim by any chance? Genuinely curious. My aunt is and you remind me of her.

>holding an opinion means it's not outdated
Did you know the world is flat? All the waters of the ocean flows off the ends of the earth constantly and is brought back up through mysterious means. That's why we have ocean currents.

Hyper x cloud is pretty good.

Don't get a desktop mic, it'll look clunky and ugly.

>You're definitely an extremist.
great
>And close minded too.
elaborate

explain how my opinions are outdated

desk mics are fine
you wont pick up any more noise than a good sounding headset mic
unless the mic stand is shit and nothing on your desk is dampened

What is there to talk about regarding headsets? They are purely utilitarian and no purpose is served by discussing them.

>hey guys i need a headphone to be used only for vacuuming and mowing the lawn $15 max kthx

>get headphones and a separate microphone instead of a headset
>nothing is outdated because that's what I force myself to believe
>headsets are 99% of the time a vast waste of money
>you're not going on a fucking jog with your gaming headset

Couldn't be more of an extremist if you tried.

He is right you know, headsets are more expensive for having the exact same tech as a regular headphone + a shitty mic attached, you can get the exact same quality for much less or much better for the same amount of money, this is probably the only non-shitty headset out there and you'd still be giving up on finding a headphone that fit's perfectly your needs for comfort, FR, impedance/sensitivity, built quality etc among the tons of options to pick one that comes with a mic you could just have anyway, there even are mics that can be attached to headphones if you really don't like desk mics.

>get headphones and a separate microphone instead of a headset
not extremist
>nothing is outdated because that's what I force myself to believe
good shit
>headsets are 99% of the time a vast waste of money
its true though
you are paying way above what a better sounding headphone and a good sounding microphone would cost in almost all situations
unless the headset is an old model or on sale for cheap as fuck, its overpriced due to the amount of meme shit gamer marketing done.
not to mention the abhorrent plasticy build quality most headsets come with.

>you're not going on a fucking jog with your gaming headset
youre not though
wireless is only important if youre moving about regularly
otherwise a cable doesnt inconvinience you in the slightest
if it does youre a fuckin pussy anyway

Thanks. Do you know if the 2i2 is identical to the 8i6 when it comes to sound, is the only difference more inputs? I've also been looking at some of the steinberg products that seem similar to the scarletts but everyone seems to jump straight to "buy a dac instead!" which seems just as expensive with less functionality. One more (stupid) question, will plugging in headphones switch off the outputs on the back for speakers/monitor or would I have to manually adjust the volume down so it's not coming from both sources?

I have been interested in an audio interface but it has been somewhat difficult to find reliable information on if they sound good with nice headphones or not. Using DT770

If you can't test it, you wouldn't know.

Most devices look fine unloaded, plugged into an amplifier.
Some devices do crap out when directly loaded with low impedance loads, headphone loads. If that were tested with a 32 ohm load it would be fairly good.
Even with the load known, you still need to know the actual voltage level and the output impedance of the device. These will determine how loud the device gets, the frequency response, and the noise level.

Bought 3
Returned 3

Still not banned :3

Those scarlett interfaces do not have an headphone amplifier. It's just a pre-amp. The same thing applies to steinberg's interfaces

3 probably isnt enough to set a warning. Maybe if you do like 20 or more.

Is "gaming headset" really a meme?

amazon.co.uk/dp/B0016MNAAI

Are these actually amazing?

I don't want a desktop mic, its either I get the G930 headest or those DT770's

What should I use as a mic if I got a headset that didn't have a mic, clip on or desk mic?

No problem, user. Can't say for sure if the headphone amp is the exact same, but the main features of the interface, which are the mic amps are the same, so i'm inclined to believe they wouldn't bother with a different headphone amp either, as far as i'm aware it's the same same thing with more inputs and outputs (can't remeber if the 2i2 has midi in/out, the 8i6 does). Headphones and monitors usually have independent volume control knobs, just check the front of the interface.
Please elaborate.

yes, gaming headsets are a meme
did you not see the massive tyraid that just happened above

plenty of decent desktop mics
Samson meteor mics are good
hell, the fuckin blue snowball is good although somewhat overpriced

or just peruse amazon and look for well reviewed desktop mics

like this
amazon.com/gp/product/B00K68MT9Q

even youtube reviews will help, maybe even moreso if they have sound demos

this is the best clip on btw
amazon.com/gp/product/B0058MJX4O/
dont bother with the zalman shit

i dont know why youre limiting yourself to DT770's either
you've got literally every headphone in your budget as an option
770's are great though

what i did for gaming on my ps4 was just get a 3.5 combo splitter
and plugged the sony clip on in and used my HD 558's
sounded great

different person, but I'm pretty sure it means they control the volume, but don't add any extra volume.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B015R7AGHC

Rate these

I love the wireless feature of my current headset, and this VMODA one I linked has that plus a built in mic

Is it good?

>gaming headsets are a meme
Your points are more tautological than anything else. Evaluate these devices rather than toying around with preconceived notions.

waste of money imo
the normal crossfades are good, but not 250 gbp good
not even remotely
you can get HD600's for that price

ill assume that they sound identical to the wired crossfades, might be wrong tho

other than monetary reasoning, the crossfades are quite V shaped
up to you if you want that or not
its nice for cinematic games, and great for films, but for competetive shooters where you need to have good mids for footsteps, and good imaging, they may not work out too well.

everything else [build quality, comfort, isolation] is all fine
cant comment on the built in mic

you sure learned some big words

Not that user but how do the DT770 sound? Difference between 80ohm and 250ohm?

Was interested in these as I heard they were good, budget was around 150$~ but I'm wondering if they're the best available in that range. They look comfy as fuck for long periods of listening

check these posts
[250 ohm is better imo]

>single pair of headphones
>$700 and up
ok
If youre selling memes that overpriced you deserved to get butt fucked

Those measurements are not directly comparable.

I had a gaming headset and it broke in about 3 years, i've had a DT-770 that has been working since 2004

not the exact point
just giving an idea of the differences

not gonna go into the semantics of stupid graph shit

Would you recommend a DT-770 plus a mic like this for gaming, movies, music etc etc

I really just need something that covers everything

v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

the DT 770 doesnt have a removable cable
the boompro won't work with them

Do you know of a similar style attachable mic that would?

yeah
this
amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00T6XUL8S
its gonna be the best sounding
though you will have to route two cables
which isnt an issue imo, the cables clips that come with it are good

I just used a mod mic/Lavalier mic/desk mic with my 770 and other headphones. I couldn't recommend the DT-770 enough thing is built like a tank. Atleast the one that I bought over a decade ago, I dunno if QC at Beyer has changed.

I'm kind of retarded and not 100% sure what those mean.

How would you say its audio compares to something like the VMODA crossfade

Would the e10k power the DT770 250ohms fine? Probably going to pick them up if so. Looks sturdy as fuck and a solid set for the price.

Another note, it's sweaty if you use it all day so i'd recommend it if you want isolation a lot and something long lasting. Otherwise if you value comfort more and don't care about isolation get a Sennheiser. I have both and swap between them regularly so it works for me. Also clean the Beyer pads regularly for the love of Jesus.

What are some good closed headphones up to 100€? I mostly listen to ambient/drone/jazz/synthwave/altrock, and I don't want them to be neutral sound. I'm not a audiophile, so 100€ phones are okay to me.

i've never heard a crossfade but from my research I found that the Vmoda headphones usually measured with rolled off treble and heavy bass whereas the DT-770 pro 250ohm (mine) has a bit sharper treble and slightly lighter bass but still a good amount. If your gaming sharp treble will definitely help with positioning though. If you don't want as sharp treble and more bass get the DT-770 pro 80ohm. What is sharp treble for one person may be piercing or just right for another so it's all relative though.

It's also very misleading.

Ohm is the unit of impedance and resistance, particularly impedance in the context of headphones. It refers to the ratio of voltage difference to the current flow at the device.

Impedance itself doesn't say much of anything. Standard electronics are voltage sources, and audio mainly depends on the voltage. Needing an amplifier depends on the voltage required more than the power needed.

bump

its the frequency response
the left is bass and the right is the highs

the higher the line is on the image, the higher the the volume is in each respective area

the 250 ohm is V shaped
and the 80 ohm is just bright and lacks bass [it sucks lol]

absolutely
it has a high gain that'll go crazy loud
the build quality is great on them
genuinely great cans

the ohms dont mean much anyway

Which crossfade? There are multiple versions.

Brainwavz HM5 is one option.

>impedance versions
That's just wrong.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B015R7AGHC/

or

amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A39PPCG

forgot to mention, i need portable ones, so brainwavz hm5 is not for me

The original Crossfade LP was a mess of response and fit. The wireless version doesn't change much from that unfortunately.
M100 is like an polished version of the LP, but that isn't saying much. They suffer from midrange cancellation that most closed headphones do, but somewhat worse than average. The response just isn't that smooth.

The NAD HP50 would be the generally better balanced choice as a smaller closed headphone, style concerns aside.

>a bit of a soapbox
Most of sound quality can be determined by the end user by using an equalizer. If you have a flexible equalizer and can use it well, you can end up with nearly whatever response you like.

Creative Aurvana Live, smaller but less isolating.

There are also things like the Sony V6 and 7506 and the ATH-M40x; these are more treble boosted.

I want some cheap earbuds to use while i'm not at home.
Any suggestions?

amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50X-Monitor-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86

Rate these, lads

I'm thinking of getting these plus an attachable mic, something like this

amazon.co.uk/ModMic-OMNI-Directional-Xbox-One-Omni-Directional-Mute/dp/B00R98JVVU?th=1

Even though for some reason it says "unreleased"