Anyone else here planning on picking one up?

Anyone else here planning on picking one up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tTIaUH6PIvo
htcdev.com/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yea as long as I can still unlock the bootloader on it.

Gonna ditch AT&T and go with ProjectFi.

Smartphones are for weebs

I am desperate for the bottom bezel to be thinner like the Nexus 6. Having a fat chin bar plus the OSB means even less of the front is actual usable display. Nexus 6 chin bar is super comfy, whereas the Nexus6P has the same body size, but less screen real estate.
Don't fuck me over HTC.

Why is the back top half a different color? Looks awkward desu

I want to say yes, but I'm getting closer and closer to the ip7 with every leak. The GIGANTIC bezels are a deal breaker for me tbqh.

That and after using ip/mbp over the summer, I'm hard pressed to give up the laptop/phone combination... It decimates pushbullet in functionality

I am having the same thought currently, although I do not use a Mac, I use windows and linux for server.

Looks plain and boring. I'd rather get the lgv20

based user

I mean the only reason I even think to include it is because MBP's are the work issued laptop at my work, so i'd make tons of use of it

/thread

How much time do you spend looking at the back of your phone?

Depends if it has Qi.

I bought five super generic Chinese Qi chargers for $2.50 each with free shipping two years ago and they've all been working fine since then. I'm not about to go plugging in my phone now.

What I want to do is ditch T-Mobile and my Galaxy S7 and get Project Fi and the new Pixel XL.

Gonna have to wait for the final specs and price first

Literally why would anyone need that much space on their phone?
>muh sd card
>muh storage

why did they have to change it to Pixel? Nexus was so much better sounding.

Pixel sounds kinda tacky.

I wished they produced those things with supported frequencies here. I'd get one instantly. Supposedly the freetel musashi is coming here.

Pixel matches their chromebook offering bringing all android/linux devices to one name.

omg no one gives a fuck

youre both fucking queers and do not belong in this thread
so
GTFO

>bezelcuck

xD you forgot to add

(Posted from my Xiaomi Chink phone)

at the bottom of your post friend.

I run a Nexus 6, and want to want the Pixel XL, but only if it actually an improvement. The bezels got BIGGER and the screen got SMALLER from 6 to 6P, you fat autistic fuck.

Just GTFO. Nexus are for people who want to hack their phones. if youre going to just sit around being a faggot go suck some guys cock on CL for his 2nd hand iphone you gay piece of shit fucking faggot

>namefag

I have a Nexus you cunt

Yeah, nexus phones are. Not the pixel line. Google is transitioning their efforts away from developers and towards the consumer with this re-brand. Have you not been paying ANY attention?

I copied and pasted some random name to upset a namefag.

>I don't need it therefore nobody does
Fuck off you turbo cuck

Nah youre thinking of going to IPhones and shit Youre fucking dumb. You coincidentally got a Nexus, good for you, fag. Youre not a real Nexus user. So fuck off you piece of shit. Youre a fucking cunt. You either care about having one of the, if not the, most open phone series, or you dont. and you clearly dont. so please, kindly, fuck right the fucking fuck on off, faggot

>Google is transitioning their efforts away from developers and towards the consumer with this re-brand. Have you not been paying ANY attention?

Correct havent been paying attention. Ive heard this before though before the most recent Nexus were released, turned out to be FUD.

asked if anyone wanted to get one
says yes, but only if parameter X is met
gets mad because user has an opinion
How's it feel to be an autistic virgin?

I love my Nexus 6, but when it has been almost a MONTH since Nougat was 'released' and the Nexus 6 still does not have a factory image or ota image, you cannot call Android open, stay mad, faggot.

How does anyone coincidentally get a phone?
Do you like get a lucky dip at the phone store or something?

I'm not sure between this and the v20.

I'm sort of impatient so I guess it depends on when it's released.

Not him, but, I've had droid, gnex, n6. I've been "nexus" the whole time. Too bad stock OS has improved so much since literally 2009 that I am less concerned about installing P4J33Tl0rdZ newgat rom off xda for marginal performance gains.

>not waterproof
>shitty HTC camera
>shitty battery

yeah no thanks

I might consider one or its successor for my next phone. I'm doing fairly fine with my Oneplus One right now though.

you are clearly autistic

>clearly
>posts no evidence

>no sd card slot
It's fucking trash.

see

SD does not respect your freedom
Use MMC or CF
else kys
cunt

the nonexpandable storage faggots like you are the cancer killing smartphones.

you dont even give good head, its like you all forgot how o do that swirly thing with your tongue like you dad does when he dresses like marilyn chambers with a beard.

>Anyone else here planning on picking one up?
You mean generic-black-rectangle-no-21349851985?
I sure as hell will do!
The insane amount of megapixuls, megahurts and even gigobites just makes my panties all wet!
This will totally improve my live, since it is soooooooooo much better than generic-black-rectangle-no-21349851983 I have now!!!!!!

>le black rectangle may-may

>>>/reddit/

>now with 120% more botnet!

Yep, this user gets it.

This is a fucking pathetic effort from Google. If this phone was No more than $400 they might have a sale but it looks like they're selling this shit for $600+. Fuck off Google, your phones are never worth that much.

The only thing going for it is the stock Android experience, but every year that becomes a more irrelevant selling point.

The designs usually suck, the camera is usually shit, the battery usually sucks. This looks like a big step back from the Nexus 6P which looked like a step in the right direction.

The top and bottom bezels are pathetically big, if they're gonna be repurposing old HTC shit then they should price it accordingly.

I really wanted to buy a Nexus this year but these look like fucking shit.

>tfw on project-fi
>have a nexus 6 shamu
>hate the 6p, 5x, and really disappointed with the new nexus
guess i'll stay with the nexus for another 2 years.

This guy right here, knows his shit.
If the price for the Pixel XL is $650 for the 128GB version, it needs to have other hardware to match it. Camera, RAM and display need to be better than other offerings like OP3 that are cheaper.

Where are you? There are US, EU, and Global versions of these old phones, you can get them on ebay or buy them at any phone company store in the burner box section.

fuck yes. keep the price low as fuck, because its just going to be rehashed HTC tech complete with overheating like fuck, standard nexus SHIT BATTERY, and a 2 headed abortion of a camera.

the nexus 5 had a goddamn terrible camera, it was slower than my coolpix from 2000, and took worse, more fruity pebbles noisy looking pictures than my iphone 4 did at night.

and if it has HTC build quality, like the M8 did, its going to be fucked.

the storage is too fucking much. the cloud shit is a bad meme until 5G and unlimited data with free server side storage. otherwise fuck you google, i'll get a chinkphone that get better signal and has an SD card.

Nah, sticking with my 6P. Yeah the processor's going to be "faster", but real world my 6P never lags and has a glorious screen. I have nothing against HTC but the Pixel looks generic and boring. 6P's at least got a little personality to it.

Not in the next year or so, namely because I got a chink phone a few months back and don't really need the incremental upgrade to yet another battery draining Nexus/pixel.

this, when will the normies realize it's in their best interest to have durable phones with good components?

I can't hear you over how awesome stock Android is bro!

This. Just got my 6p last year and still going strong

when they stop being image obsessed, tech illiterate retards who follow OH SHINY!!!! like simple minded birdbrains.

if there was any justice in this world, we would have ruggedized FULLY MODULAR laptops, and ruggedized smartphones like the CAT S60

I have a nexus 5, it takes fucking amazing pictures.

I don't know why anyone needs a higher quality camera for any purpose. Picture related.

No, but I am getting the iPhone 7 tomorrow. Sorry lads, I can't help it it.

I might, I think I can get like $300 for my Nexus 6P even if the new phone is released.

>plastic
>bezel
it looks cheap in comparison to the 6p's build

>snapshit 810 overheating pos
>good

>6P
>quality

youtu.be/tTIaUH6PIvo

It took me almost 2 years to fill up my 64gb sd card, now i have 128 and i don't see me filling that up anytime soon

Google is gonna have to do better if they want to compete with Apple. A rebranding and a slightly better 6p isn't gonna cut it.

>I need it therefore everybody does
Fuck off you turbo cuck.

I want them to address software updates. We need a promise of continued updates for as long as the devices are viable.

3 years is not enough.

I've been an Android supporter since the G1 but lately I've been thinking about picking up a 6S because I'm tired of the way Android manufacturers abuse consumers.

Even the fucking Nexus 4 supports 7.0 you fucking nigger.

But Google doesn't deliver it via OTA. They declare the phone deprecated even though it's not.

I'm not poor so no

through 3rd party support, made mostly of volunteers.

not arguing for or against. just saying it isnt as out of the box as iOS, but not nearly as fucked up as iOS with turning the device nearly unusable like the 4 and 4S with iOS

Why would you run an OTA image bloated with botnet Gapps?

You're missing the point.

No I'm not. Whether Google itself delivers the updates or not is of no piratical importance to anyone with a brain.

Oh, it's autism again.

No, you are definitely missing the point. Most consumers will not manually update their phones. So when Google officially drops support, the phone is done.

Hes probably a #cyanocuck
Used to buggy lagfest garbage and doesn't know what a Google branded device provides.

I am not most consumers. I don't care what retarded normies who buy the latest Samshit every year do.

Pretty sure was talking about the bigger picture and not just the small insignificant sphere of "power users."

As far as actually competing with Apple goes, they will have to take updates (along with a bunch of other factors frankly) more seriously.

Hell yes, can't wait.

another boring slab that looks just like the rest of the boring slabs.

No front facing speakers so no

>3 years is not enough.

Seriously? Even phone contracts give you 2 years per phone, then you get a new one. 3 years is way more than enough.

Just a bunch of paranoid autists who are afraid of cloud storage

I don't even use 8GB on my phone and I have tons of music, videos and pictures - the magic of the cloud

the pixel branding is for them to break away from the stigma of the Nexus brand being for devs and only the "tech elite" and to a more consumer friendly phone for everyone.

you do know that the older iphones start to run like shit after a few os updates cause they where never made to handle said OS.

>iphone's are fast as fuck and have great ram managemnet
>ridiculous build quality and feel in the hand >industry leading cameras
>not amazing but sufficient battery life

I just want an iPhone that runs Android. Hopefully the Pixel is that.

I'm planning of replacing my N6 for the XL. Every other Nexus seems to be a good spot for me.

Doesn't seem like it will be much of a upgrade to the 6P so probably not.

>through 3rd party support, made mostly of volunteers.
I've had to use a 4s in the last year or so, and I'd much rather rely on unpaid Pajeet's XXX-SPEED SUPERSMOOTH DIABOLICAL COLONEL 3.453.2222.1 shit then paid Pajeet's "it's time to gimp your phone to eternity' edition iOS.

Nope. HTC is always overpriced trash.

So they'll come with unlockable bootloaders?

what if the bottom bezel is for pixel bar light

Wow good argument, shill.

Not sure, I kinda wanted Marlin to have a 6" screen. But it appears that it's going to be 5.5.

HTC usually provides a service to unlock the bootloader (htcdev.com/). So it'd depend on Google and I cannot imagine them opposing this.

Not all of us have sucked enough dick to have an unlimited data plan.

At this point I"m getting it more for Project Fi to dump my $100 dollar phone bill for 3gb of data.

Doesn't HTC usually also have that dumb S-ON lock? I remember reading that to unlock that you have to buy a single-use proprietary program.

Gonna wait till reviews come out

>those bezels

Poorfags gonna poorfag

yes! Im getting the Sailfish model on release day, I can run pure self compiled AOSP nougaty goodness

How many terabytes of RAM are required to compile AOSP?

only 8GB of RAM, it takes 23 hours to compile for me but it does the job

Damn that's a long time. What processor are you using to compile it? If it possible to use ccache to speed up the process a bit?

it will be the best smart phone ever made and this is a fact

Im using i5 2nd gen Intel generic laptop processor with a 1.6GHz clockspeed, basically a very low end x86_64 bit processor and computer

>not using CyanogenMod

Cyanogenmod is buggy as shit and crashes codecs in the middle of playing a video and requires a long ass restart half od the time to get shit working at all, AOSP self compiled is the only way to go, also CM is compiled with Oracle Java and not OpenJDK so botnet

Is self compiling only possible with nexus phones?

Price point predictions? Anything less that $500 and I'm in

Possibly yeah

yeah, unless you upbring your device which requires knowledge of C and reverse engineering and it's hard work

Yea that is pretty good

What are the disadvantages in having an sd/dual-sim tray?
Protip: there are none.

Do you have to compile AOSP with root enabled or is flashing phhusson's superuser afterwards enough?

Contract is up in October, when is the release for this thing?

please don't use open word again before learning what that means

My photos on my Nexus 5 come out pretty noisy in some lighting conditions. Did you do anything special to improve the camera quality at all? What camera app are you using?

Is that the final design? I'm not a fan, but I still want one.

>add a simple convenience that doesn't negatively impact a product
>use it if you want, don't if you don't
And yet, here are niggers like you who think that actively removing features makes for a better product.

one what?

Stop changing your name you cancerous fuck, how many times i have to filter you?

Just die.

At this point I'm used to not having an SD card. It kind of sucks, but I'll never not buy anything but a Nexus because they get custom ROMs forever.

No, I'll never buy another HTC phone as long as I live.

have fun using outdated tech

t. Samdung shill.
Have fun with your exploding batteries :^)

I've never owned a samsung phone and have no plans to.

>no expandable storage so you have to spend an extra $200 for 32 more gigs
>A shitty camera that shills will defend
>A mediocre battery life that isn't replaceable so it can go to absolute shit in less than two years so you buy the new model and repeat the process

on a quad core i5 with ccache on an ssd it takes ~ 20 minutes after the first build

I have an aging S4 and really wanted to jump on the pixel, but for these (and other) reasons I'm delaying my upgrade yet again.

yup as long as it stays all Google and unlocked bootloader.