Give me one good reason to install Gentoo

Give me one good reason to install Gentoo.

>Give me one good reason to install Gentoo.
Don't.

Compiling everything makes things a lot faster but it's not worth it unless you have a 20 year old machine.

Install Gentoo.

and when you have 20 year old machine compiling will last for years

Freedoms. Compiling all packages it a pain sometimes but better in the longrun. You can always install precompiled packages

>Compiling everything makes things a lot faster
>a lot
[citation needed]

>Freedom
Gentoo's official Live CD contains non-free firmware blobs.
Sure, you could always install Gentoo from a free distribution, like default Debian which does not contain non-free firmware.

I never started the graphical environment

The kernel loads the proprietary firmware blobs, regardless of whether you use a GUI or not.
Pig disgusting

Look, a fag who thinks he's "sooo smart xD" for saying citation needed. It's proven that compiling things specifically for your own system makes things faster.

Is that a piercing or a superfluous third nipple?

The more you know. It is more free than others though. Wonder how free is arch

Are you blind?
With a bikini that thin, it's obvious that this is a piercing.
>mfw those bikinis are my fetish, but my gf won't wear them

è un meme di internet, perciò lo devi seguire alla lettera

Dont try forcing ganoo on yourself.

You're just gonna hate it.

You will know when the time comes. My time hasn't come, but after trying a few distros which were pretty disappointing, it kind of soured the whole thing.

Dont make the same mistake.

You could use linux-libre if you're among the few lucky who can use it and still have all their hardware working.

Only by a small percentage in most cases though.

Gentoo is there for having fun with it. I love having it as my desktop OS since i have a permanent build enviroment setup. If it need to use some new library, the develoupment headers are already on the system.

There is also the thing with the making the software on your system work the way you want. I have run into several times that i needed to recompile software that were in repositories because i needed some different feature added in or a newer version.

as the devs say it is

or as you make it

Your tits will become bigger than tits of the girl on the photo.

Who is this seaman's demon?

you are not competent enough to do LFS

A 0,05% performance boost in most scenarios isn't "a lot". It's funny how you call someone else out for being pretentious, but then you're doing exactly the same.

It's not as cool as Arch, so while on Cred Forums, you won't have to deal with as many buttflustered wannabees who couldn't install it.