Cred Forums, let's talk about the technology and development of water bottles

Cred Forums, let's talk about the technology and development of water bottles.
How did they come to this after being so blocky from earlier years? How much more efficient is this form factor?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.motherjones.com/environment/2014/06/bpa-free-plastics-tritan-nalgene-dangerous
youtu.be/hUhisi2FBuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

saem

>PLASTIC bottles

Enjoy your increased estrogen

That's only for certain plastic, you cuck
I'm pretty sure they fixed that

It's not, they didn't

the "fix" may only pertain to certain brands but I don't know much about it.

Turns out "bpa free" doesn't fix the issues btw

well I guess literally nothing has changed then.

The square bottles are considered the most efficient.

What do you drink Mt Dew cans? Or do you fill a hand blown glass carafe with water from a reverse osmosis machine that you clean yourself daily?

m.motherjones.com/environment/2014/06/bpa-free-plastics-tritan-nalgene-dangerous

Fixed, but not soon enough for me. Im pretty sure i was prime age to get wrecked by bpa.

What's the alternative? I carry food to my work in a plastic box for microwave ovens.

Cans wouldnt help, most/all have a thin coating of plastic on the inside to prevent leaching

tfw you want to get rekt by bpa to get estrogen to become little girl

What'd help?

>Drinking water bottles

hand blown glass rainbarrels then you filter it through a $40,000 alex jones approved filtration system to eliminate sodium fluoride

They did, don't listen to the other jackasses.

I will, thanks.

t. tranny :^)

switched to drinking filtered water from glass cups a year ago

A strong influence can be traced back to the canning of the early 1800s, as that is when food and beverage storage technology really started changing. Not that storage containers were a new idea, but the design thinking and technology changed dramatically over time, and the larger industrial scaling we know today traces back to around that time.

They never really fixed the issue, and this has been know about for much longer them people realize.

The way it often works is the base plastic is weak and prone to many types of failings. So they add additives to help improve the properties. In this case BPA, or Bisphenol A. Now many companies ar bragging about being Bisphenol A free, but won't say what substance they are now using. Bisphenol B, Bisphenol F, Bisphenol S and many others are likely substitutes as they are very similar in a number of ways, but are technically not Bisphenol A. In fact Bisphenol S is arguably worse as it has a much higher skin absorption rate and is a key ingredient in thermal receipt paper.

And given the complete lack of safety testing they can say there is no known evidence it is harmful. They also block testing to keep it that way.

Correct, although the plastic there is slightly different as it has it's rich history in Keg Liner development as a means to address early issues with aluminum beer kegs.

Glass with a low reactivity such as the ones with a high silica contain, or cheaper iron glass. As iron is easily absorbed and used by the body and basically can't hurt you.
Not suggesting putting too high of an iron contain in the microwave for obvious reasons.

That is only for packing density.

Cylinders are a optimum middle ground.
Here is a video, as I don't feel like going into those details right now

youtu.be/hUhisi2FBuw

None of those chemicals leach out unless you constantly microwave the plastic bottle above a specific temperature. I'd trust the studies over what you've read on infowars.