Why is it so hard to leave this OS Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directdraw-emulation-still-broken-in-windows-10/5a619148-cf1e-4813-b733-997b996b9567?auth=1
torrentfreak.com/utorrent-quietly-installs-riskware-bitcoin-miner-users-report-150306/
torrentfreak.com/new-utorrent-release-breaks-ties-with-bitcoin-miner-150413/
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4814951
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Anime wallpaper
>Downloading anime
>Anime desktop thread

It's probably because you're a NEET who can't afford a real OS

Because it just werks, and if you are comfortable with spying there is barely any reason to change for most users

>usable interface
>everything works like it should
Dunno

games are life. No games on linux
>inb4 tux racer
it's shit and you know it

>everything works like it should
>display scaling is trash
>no native USB 3 or NVMe support
>no native dual monitor support (as in taskbars and different wallpapers on each monitor)
>bloated
>fresh install of 7 takes more RAM than fresh installs of 8.1 and 10 combined
>search is horrendously slow

Windows 7 is solid. Everything just works and isn't a total fucking chore to use.

One example:

-Pinning apps to the taskbar in Windows 7 is as easy as just dragging the shortcut onto it. You can drag the shortcut from ANYWHERE, the desktop, start menu, window explorer no problem.
-On several DE's of Linux I've played with recently, it's a tedious process of adding a Launcher applet, configuring the Launcher applet to the file path of the app you want to pin on the taskbar, then go into panel edit mode and drag it into position.

That's just one example. As you're setting up a Linux desktop, it's a full day endeavor of this type of BULLSHIT.

Now when I look back at Windows 7's design it looks like some shitty ricer theme you'd download from Deviantart

Because it's light af and has minimal botnet if you aren't completely retarded.

this, the only thing I would take from win10 would be the improved task manager and the UI (sans metro elements)

As opposed to LE MINIMALISTIC material design copycat in Windows 8/10?

>she fell for the qbittorrent meme

why haven't u installed os x

Because it werks. I see no reason to use win 10 trash.

>not 8.1

8 and 8.1 are horrendous, there is so much broken shit.

you obviously haven't used it much

Number indicates how long it takes to load a "page" of thumbnails.

Listen OP, talk to your waifu, explain that you want to move to Linux and eventually invite her to follow you. If she doesn't it's not a big deal, you are better without her, also, I've heard Linux has the waifus with the biggest tits :^)

8.1 literally looks like 7 just with a more bloated looking interface.

qbitcuck

S-Sorry Maki

I used it enough.

My younger brother's computer had Windows 8 and just navigating it was a chore. The Metro start menu was tedious and I found myself just using the Search feature because manually navigating to Control Panel-type settings or even My Computer was nearly impossible.

Then I updated it to 8.1 and shit like simple shit like mouse driver software wouldn't boot. Stuff just stopped working, so I said "fuck it" and went wholehog and updated all the way to Windows 10. Everything just began working in Windows 10

Minimalistic designs are beautiful and easy on the eyes, glossy/transparent trash never should have existed.

Because of Nanami

>I've heard Linux has the waifus with the biggest tits :^)
sauce

I agree, Windows 7 is the last good Windows

You can disable the spying

t. Microsoft pajeet force.

i really wish these existed for gnu/linux.

B-but they got cooties!

guys, I love my win7 to death
how much longer realistically can I stay on it before I REALLY have to move onto 10?

Ask that after the end of the extended support.

>"simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
>uses systemd

About 4 years

it's not

>ultimate cringe

Perhaps because it just works®™

Win 7 is 7 years old... will Microsoft extend support for at least 4 years now?

For the millionth time, 7 gets security updates until mid-2020

Until next month when Microsoft change the update service or something like that

they're just not as good as the windows ones...

can you give me your wall paper i want it please.

Epic, wish I could upvote your post.

For me it's the ability to disable Aero/DWM.
Otherwise I'd be using 8.1 right now.

Seek help

for what

Because you missed the upgrade deadline. Also check my 10.

>Then I updated it to 8.1 and shit like simple shit like mouse driver software wouldn't boot.
Had this problem too with the Synaptics touchpad on a T440p. Installed 10 on it and it still wouldn't work. What actually worked was installing generic drivers from Synaptic.

Delete this, do not sexualize Nanami

>Because you missed the upgrade deadline.
microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
>Also check my 10.
That's a 20.

You motherfucker I see you creating these threads, and posts. kys

is that donald trump's hand
its relaly tiny

It's called baby duck syndrome.

CUTE

No you can't. You don't have access to their source code. You have no clue what is coded into Windows. You never will either. You just know about the telemetry addition.

Until there's a trusted third party audit on any piece of open source software, it's as botnet as anything from Microsoft.

There is something called reverse engineering freetard, it's not like compiled binaries were some alien languages, you can easily know what's going on

which distros dont use systemd?

She is lewd

I expect a GNU/Linux girl to be much more intellectual

Because Microsoft tried and failed to push people to their own mobile OS's by forcing desktop users to use it, rather than actually making a better desktop OS.

because you're xenophobic

>anime

But she's officially sanctioned by Microsoft.

Windows is quite cool, without problems. But it's a spyware, so fuck it.

Other than DX12 for gaymen, i don't see any other reason to go Win10, i hope Vulkan gets more attention

>>bloated
Name a version of Windows after XP that isn't.

because ur a dumb weeb faggot just go download some obscure linux trash and throw up a playlist of some irrelevant songs that only you have ever downloaded from the internet on your pointless desktop completely void of anything because you do no work or anything of importance

Depends which OS you get. For example, on Zorin, the program needs to be open, and you can right click it and select 'pin application'.

On Elementary, you can right click, and add it to the doc, even for programs that aren't open.

In short, it depends which distro you get as to how it works. If you don't do much but listen to music, videos, documents, etc on you pc, and what a pretty decent layout, use Elementary. You can also use any of the top ten distros on Distrowatch. Most of them are even simpler then windows to install, as there are no drivers/etc. to install.

No games on Linux

You like black cock.

>NTLite'd (no more bloated shit)
>ClearScreen Sharp theme
>Faenza icons (also disable folder preview thumbnail)
>Mactype
>cbx shell + icaros for zip/media files thumbnail

Yeah it's really hard to leave windows 7 after all of customizations.

you can do all that easily with mate

>He missed the upgrade

poo girl and poo OS

Yuru Yuri good taste my friend

Pretty easy to keep tabs on your outgoing data, idiot

Why are wintards so fucking retarded?

Because it doesn't have program-breaking bugs like Windows 10+Anniversary.

I want to pull my fucking hair out jesus christ. I'm reverting to 8.1 when I need to inevitably reinstall this bullshit.

I don't get why people feel safe posting Loli if they live in the US.

It's not exactly illegal but it's not legal either. It's in some sort of gray zone.

There isn't any nudity, so it's safe.

Nice try mods

Proper DirectDraw support for 10+ years old games.

How can you live without it?

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directdraw-emulation-still-broken-in-windows-10/5a619148-cf1e-4813-b733-997b996b9567?auth=1

Because its the last good gaymen OS

Not the OP but... tried it, didnt convince me, at all.

To leave 7 or leave Windows entirely?
>7
It's the last good Windows
>Windows Entirely
Baby duck syndrome and not wanting to learn a new system.

Try installing Arch without a fucking Internet connection. Waste of fucking time, never again.

not op, utorrent is kill, need an open source secure maintained gui client, what's so wrong with qb?

qstalled

madobe a waifu

It isn't. I recently switched to Linux just fine.

Is learning that new system worth it? So much effort for what?

its hard cause of your childish addiction to silly gaming. Do you even play anymore? if yes then just play and dont think too much..then have a wank and sleep.

if you think that using a computer is putting in effort, just kys now.
Life will be an uphill battle from now on.

This the best you can come up with? Expected as much.

I don't know op.
WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL US
Considering you are the one having the problem

Wine > Win10

cinnamon does drag and drop with applications, openbox with tint2 wasn't hard to configure either

Cause Windows 10 is Cancerblows 10

how did you change the default white color of the windows to grey?

once a normie, always a normie.

just find "color setting", click on grey, and figure out those buttons

>not 10

Why the fuck aren't you just using wireshark

It's not that hard to leave

>afford
>OS
>[current year]

torrentfreak.com/utorrent-quietly-installs-riskware-bitcoin-miner-users-report-150306/
torrentfreak.com/new-utorrent-release-breaks-ties-with-bitcoin-miner-150413/

>I don't know what's ironic shitposting

I always use the search feature in windows because I don't like the start menu.

Gentoo.

>Linux 3.16
How do you even use it? I wouldn't be able to use my graphic tablet with it.

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos

win7 has been my favorite since it came out, ive always wanted to get into using a good linux distro but i never give them enough time before getting impatient. maybe one day ill make the switch.

Windows 10 can be easily debotnetted using w10privacy so I'm not sure why people don't use it.

If you don't like how it looks, then rice it.

WindowMaker Live

(You)

10 :^)

not bad for wangblows user

t.weeb faggot

how the fuck do you even rice windows that much

bblean/bbzero & mintty are what mostly make it look like a wm you'd find on a linux distro

is this the new desktop thread?

To avoid wasting people's time,
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4814951

>couldn't find control panel
>couldn't find my computer
It's like you've never used a computer before. Windows key + X

Upgrade to what? Windows 10? Windows 10 Enterprise is still available for free on pirate bay you know...

pedo

>Steam
>Firefox
>Windows
>Qbittorrent
>HWMonitor
>Blizzard games
>Shit taste in anime

wew