Been using FF for a LOOOOOONG time

Been using FF for a LOOOOOONG time.
Thinking about switching to chrome.
Why should/shouldn't I?

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/testdrive/demos/fishietank/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus fucking christ you're not deciding what college to study at. Who the fuck cares.

But if browsers were colleges then which one should I choose?

fpbp

They aren't colleges and there's nothing stopping you from switching whenever.
Just try out shit and see which one you like best.

Chrome compared to Firefox:
+ Faster (apparently?)
- Uses more resources/memory
+ More stable (if one part crashes, the whole thing won't crash)
- Pollutes your process list
+ Convenient syncing of bookmarks, extensions, history, tabs, etc
- Google proprietary software being potential spyware
- Chrome extensions are more limited than Firefox's

If Firefox works fine, then I don't see a reason to switch. Just try Chrome if you're that curious.

Only cucks abbreviate Firefox to “ff”. Proper (and canonical) is “fx”.

I had been in your situation a few weeks ago and I switched to Vivaldi. Never looked back. Only thing missing in Vivaldi is Sync, which will be coming soon,

>Vivaldi

have fun with chinese trojans,op use epicprivacy browser its chrome but without most of its shit.

>+ Convenient syncing of bookmarks, extensions, history, tabs, etc

Firefox can do this, just to throw that out there

You do realize that Vivaldi is open source, don't you?

Just pick a browser who gives a shit.

I used it in 2013 and it was utter shit, synchornization was breaking all the time.

>+ Faster (apparently?)
Don't really think you'll notice much of a difference on a modern computer.

>+ More stable (if one part crashes, the whole thing won't crash)
Firefox has multi-process support too.

>- Chrome extensions are more limited than Firefox's
Sadly Firefox is going down the same road with WebExtensions.

>Don't really think you'll notice much of a difference on a modern computer.
Yea, right. Only that I have an Skylake Xeon with 16GB of ram and a PCI-Express SSD and I still notice how fucking slow Firefox is with only having ublock installed.
>Firefox has multi-process support too.
No, it does not. Firefox only seperates the GUI from the browser engine. Process per tab is still far away.

Guys, what's the best way to use C++ on windows? Should I get GCC from mingw distro, cygwin? Or maybe go with msvc?

don't be a freetard. Go MSVC and enjoy the best IDE in business.

Every month, we have to remind some g retard that using chrome is a mainstream trap and then I realize it's better to let people dig their own holes

This. MSVC is the only way to ever go.

But isn't MSVC behind in implementing C++ standard? and what if I want my program to be multiplatform?

Holy fucking shit, stop being a programmer if you had to ask that. Just fucking stop

>and what if I want my program to be multiplatform?
Qt

My main reason for not changing was that I wanted to stay on the Gecko engine, but when all is said and done, all browsers with good functionality is a botnet so it doesn't really matter.

I ended up changing to Chromium.

Any Firecuck that claims FF to be as fast as chrome.. I challenge you to do this:

Open 40 random Instagram tabs at once on FF and open 40 random Instagram tabs at once on Chrome. Record and upload it here. Caching not allowed (even though Chrome would still be faster)..

Ok, I'm stopping now, thank you my friend.

>hey, do this thing only stupid ass normies do
>also, you cant use the feature intended to reduce said load

Fuck off

because chrome isn't opera

Just created new profiles in Chrome as well as FF and opened over 40 random Instagram pages.. yea.. FF is as fast as chrome ayy lmao top kek

When will you ever open 40 tabs at once?

Just try it out and see if you like it. I find that Firefox runs slowly if you have too many addons or userscripts, so I use chromium.

>excuses excuses
I just proved that Firefox is slow as fuck compared to chrome.. result would have been the same if I had only opened 10 tabs

Wow, did you computer actually freeze when you opened them with Chrome?

Back to FF I go.

>UI hangs
>b-b-but muh 1000+ tabs loading at once in a completely synthetic benchmark

Enjoy sucking google's cock, cuckold.

Look at his mouse. It's his entire system.

My mouse didn't freeze, it was the software encoder in the background lel, should have used a tool with hardware encoding..

even if it had frozen for a moment.. 27 vs 9 seconds pfahhaahhahaa. freetards being butthurt again

In 27 seconds, Firefox never froze the system.

In 9 seconds, Chrome did.

Just super sayan.

While loading 40 tabs is a more important metric, any of the performance demos here are useful to compare.

developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/testdrive/demos/fishietank/

Firefox chokes on a fullscreen tank full of fish.

>cerny
>following vine whores

kill yourself after deleting system32

Man I still remember using that benchmark for the first time in Minefield and it beat the shit out of every other browser out there with its HWA enabled.

How times change.

QT Creator.

If you use plenty of Google products like Google Search, Youtube, Gmail and ESPECIALLY if you have an android phone, there's just no competition. Sure, it's a botnet, but it's a very convenient botnet. And it werks very well

>using google products

Ayy... This time with mpv running in the background with:
hwdec=no
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-backend=dxinterop
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp

Where's Chrome freezing now? Pfhahahahah, it's more like FF freezing the shit out of Siberia. Enjoy your Stone Age browser. FF devs probably still using old single core Athlon64 CPU's.

edge

at least Edge can handle many tabs like Chrome

why cant it just be a giantess anime foxgirl hugging the earth?

Protip: You can use both sire.

DELET THIS

samefag

>Chrome uses more memory

Now everyone says this, but I tried running Firefox and it was using twice the memory as Chrome. Even though I had several tabs open in Chrome and only one in FF

In chrome://gpu, this feature is available, but I can't figure out where to enable it in chrome://flags.
Any help?

Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled

Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers

Google is faster but less secure. Some might even call it a botnet

>bandicam
>not using ffmpeg
>not using simplescreenrecorder

I found it. You have to add --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers to the command line.

Firefox doesn't crash, ever. Nor is it slower than chrome. At least on my machine.

Google

need more reasons?

used Bandicam because it utilizes the hardware decoder of my GPU you faggot
>ssr
Loonix lol
>At least on my machine
record how you open 40 tabs with Firefox

Check how fucking sloppy Firefox is FF users are like Muslims. You throw overwhelming facts at them and they will never be convinced, ayy lmao.

>hardware decoder
*sry I meant encoder

Firefox has been better

>Firefox has been better
more like had been.. 5 years ago..

>FF users are like Muslims. You throw overwhelming facts at them and they will never be convinced, ayy lmao.
And at the same time - ironically - you can't be convinced out of the botnet.

You must be a Msoft shill.

I used Edge as my main browser for a while but there were too many instances where I had to randomly open Chrome to view a page. (One example I can remember is the fact that codewars doesn't work on edge). Also when you go full screen in a youtube or vimeo video and exit full screen, the browser itself goes comes out of full screen. Web pages also tend to look like shit in Edge

in palemoon you could set auto load tabs without click I've don't use tha feature cause RAM is only 2.5GB and is a centrino core2duo 1.5
I'll like to see this test in palemoon, almost imposible to use chromium or firefox to browse /gif/ or /wsg/

I usually have 20 work tabs (github, stackoverrated, man pages), 5 tl;rlater, 2 mails, 2 Cred Forums 1 or 2 youtube

literally kill yourself

kill yourself i'm not joking

fucking retard, your cache is shared
im not going to argue your shit taste in websites or movies

Terrible posts, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Use Chrome for speed/comparability
Use Firefox for functionality and Cred Forums x

>YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

The only point of Firefox is its extensions.
But the extensions make it slow.
And the extensions are going to get gimped pretty soon.

I launch Chrome every now and then and it's crazy to me how fast it is. Eventually I'll have to make the switch.

On Firefox it runs at 1080p60fps at 1000 fish for me.

This is pure shit. Both Firefox and Chrome get 60 fps on 1000 fish unless you don't live in two thousand and fucking sixteen.

That 05-09 logo... Nostalgia, man.

>what is cache
fuck off shill