How many are you buying, Cred Forums?

How many are you buying, Cred Forums?

an always-on cloud-connected microphone will not enter my house so long as I live

sold out..

You're forgetting about me, Cred Forums.

>can't even change the name it responds to, to Tachikoma

The fuck is the point?

I still don't know what Amazon echo is for.

They're selling them in bulk as the first house-wide mass market home assistant.

Just doesn't seem practical when you can use your phone, tablet, or chromebook.

nothing is practical these days, NSA and MIB are just disguising this as wires you buy yourself.

A watch would be more comparable, or a BT headset.
In either case, amazon is aiming at what they think is a different market, since those both require wearing something.

one will be burried with you

Well I mean you ask it about a movie or some shit and what, it offers to sell it to you on amazon.com?

Google Now pulls up actors and ratings and synopse and shit, I just don't see the usefulness in the case of the echo. Basically amazes me that they think they can sell it period.

I will never let the botnet into my home

Hmm...seems you Cred Forumsentlemen aren't as masculine, sophisticated, cultured, or educated as I pegged you to be.

>$50 ea

Into the trash it goes.

Why don't they focus on fixing their shitty """""""delivery service"""""""" first

More or less Google Now/Siri/Cortana in a speaker. Tied into your Amazon account so you can tell it to order stuff, play music, podcasts, set reminders & timers, and tie into home automation. And yes, it even has fart apps.

Know how in Star Trek, they'll say "Computer, do xyz"? Kind of like that.

ok, ignoring all the always online, cloud connected shit

why does anyone actually need this shit? whats the fucking point?

Convenience if you got the money for it. Impression I get is if you don't have one, you're "who needs that? Why not just use my phone even if I have to pick it up and hit a button?" If you do have it, you really appreciate if not love its features.

Does anyone need it? No.
Is it nice to have? Yes.
Like mechanical keyboards.

>50 bucks for a raspberry pi with a integrated speaker,and microphone that does voice search on google for shit