My friend is selling me his unlocked 64gb iPhone 6 next week to replace my failing Nexus 5. Did I do good, Cred Forums?

My friend is selling me his unlocked 64gb iPhone 6 next week to replace my failing Nexus 5. Did I do good, Cred Forums?

how much for? if you paid more than $253.50 you got scammed niggah.

$

See pic related. If any of the problems in pic related bother you then stay away from iPhones. I really wish I had known about them before I got my iPhone.

sent from my iPhone 6S 64GB

Sure, why not?

Sell it and buy a better phone (or two) from China.

>selling me his unlocked 64gb iPhone 6

What a cunt friend.

Iphone comes out with the same fucking phone every fucking 6 months when my fucking plan is 2 years. I want a new phone every 6 months like everybody else. but im stuck with a 2 year plan. FML. I feel trapped just like apple when you think your getting a new fucking phone and then the one you just sold back to them fucking comes out as there fucking top seller in the next year.. or 6 months

I'm buying it for $100.

Not an issue for me. I'll still keep the Nexus around in case I need to be a l33t hax0r or I travel somewhere.

Chinaman phones are incompatible with T-Mobile (specifically Band 12).

>Band 12
Do you really need 4G though?

>Do you really need 4G though?
Yeah. I actually like downloading content on my phone without waiting a thousand years.

????

HSPA+ can do up to 5MB/s. Why you would need anything beyond that on an iPhone is beyond me. Feel free to elaborate.

As per streaming video, the most you can probably do is 1080p on a iPhone 6 (even though the display is less than that.)

>Why you would need anything beyond that on an iPhone is beyond me.
I like having the extra bandwidth available to me just in case.

I also use Snapchat, which just assumes you have unlimited data and goes ham on that shit.

The 6 doesn't have this issue It's only the 6 plus. A steal for a benjamin.

>$100 for a 64 GB phone that is still pretty good and actually can get the latest update and not feel like its slow (running great on my 6 plus)

I think you did good user

they all do, not just the plus. Go check ifixit (they discovered it)

>I like having the extra bandwidth available to me just in case.
That's not really a good reason desu. I'm just trying to help.

>I also use Snapchat, which just assumes you have unlimited data and goes ham on that shit.

What? Okay, let me make a few things clear. Just bare with me. 4G vs 3G is just how fast you can download stuff. If you use 1 gigabyte of 4G data it will cost just as much as 1 gigabyte of 3G data. The only difference is how fast it gets delivered to your phone. I highly doubt you will notice a major difference between 4G and 3G using Snapchat. At most, the most bandwidth intensive thing would be viewing a video, which are usually short anyway.

>I want a new phone every six months
Jesus christ, just stop trying to keep up with everyone. My phones routinely last 3-4 years and even then I feel guilty buying a new one when it still works.

If anything else, since 3G is slower, it would mean that you would use up your data less.

So things like Spotify and YouTube which may control quality based on speed would reduce quality, and hence data usage.

OP here, not him. I honestly wish my Nexus 5 was still in working order. But it eats 20% of the battery an hour during casual use. And, to make matters worse, I can't find a reputable parts supplier. I'd rather spend $100 on a newer phone than trying a bunch of chink batteries hoping that one will work.

>it would mean that you would use up your data less
5gb "unlimited" data with Binge On. So there's only a few apps that can really eat the data plan.

>inb4 net neutrality
Yeah, it's morally fucked up. But I don't see a viable alternative that can get me the same quality of service for my pricepoint ($35 a month after tax).

>But it eats 20% of the battery an hour during casual use

Given that the Nexus 5 is about 3 years old, you're lucky you get even 20% out of it. Batteries age really bad.

>about 3 years old
I keep forgetting that part since I didn't buy it at launch (bought it about four months after launch).

Though, at the same time, the iPhone I'm buying supposedly still has a decent battery and can last a full day on a single charge.

>So there's only a few apps that can really eat the data plan.
All the more reason to only use 3G. You don't HAVE to use all of your data.

If you really wanted to use all 5GB of your data, that wouldn't be a problem on 3G. I'm in a rural area of US and I get around 1MB/s on 3G (much more than enough for things like Snapchat, YouTube, Spotify, fb, etc.) It would take me around an hour to use up all that data.

>But I don't see a viable alternative that can get me the same quality of service for my pricepoint ($35 a month after tax).
You can get my plan (AT&T GoPhone.) Throttles you down after you use up data just like T-Mobile. Rollover data. A tad bit more expensive at $40 a month (first month is $48 after tax, after that it's around $42), but you can use almost any chink phone on the network.

>has a decent battery and can last a full day on a single charge.
There are plenty of chink phones with a battery that can last 2 days for

>ATT
Just fuck all my shit up senpai.

Couldn't be happier with them desu. What's bad about them? My first few smartphones were on Verizon, never again.

Touch disease and bend gate
Literal cuckoldry going on here

Think he made his decision before he came here lol

>OP asks how good of a deal he got
>autists just pester him to change his plan and to get a cheap ass shit

OP clearly wants to keep his iPhone, he just asked whether it was a good deal. For a $100 it's literally a steal, and he'd be lucky to find anything half as good for that price without making compromises.