How is Apple so far ahead? How can android compete?

How is Apple so far ahead? How can android compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.webkit.org/wiki/JavaScriptCore
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how the fuck do you measure javaacript performance?
that shitty graph has nothing but useless numbers.
if you want your (You)s then at least explain what this shit means

>Javascript

Into the trash it goes

It's still significantly faster in other testes too.

>geekbench

Into the trash it goes

Not an argument

OP, the A10 chip in the iPhone 7 is the fastest in any phone right now by a huge margin

the main problem is that it's stuck with iOS

This.

The hardware really doesn't matter when it's running shitty iOS.

Really wish it was running lagdroid instead for that premium android lag feeling.

>JavaScript performance
OKay, so show me the code that was used.

You mean iLag

They used the jetstream Javascript benchmark.

>the only apps that do open slower are Facebook and Instagram

>third party Pajeet coders don't know how to write apps properly
HURR DURR IPHONES MUST BE SHIT@#@!@@##@#

Blackberry masterrace!

I have an iPhone 7, it load faster than that.

>How can android compete?
By having useful features like selectable default apps, a file manager, expandable storage and a headphone jack

Intel can't even compete.

It's not fast because it has good hardware, it's fast because it has good software. Learn operating systems before you try display your knowledge. Android has its benefits but it's certainly not how smooth the interface is. In fact without root access it has no objective benefits.

> inb4 customisable
That's what children and bogans look for.

>same performance as intel single core
>boots iOS in 30 seconds vs. 5 seconds for Windows
>takes 15 minutes to complete a software update vs. 2 minutes with Windows update
Either iOS is inefficient as fuck or Geekbench is just a shitty benchmark.

This is just such a bad post

Uhh you have no idea what you're talking about.

Here's something you can try on iOS, try to download a Cred Forums app.

Then try it on un-rooted, completely stock Android.

You might notice a difference.

Hint: iOS is a locked down piece of shit

still waiting for specint lol

...Of course it does, it just came out.
In the webm there's iPhone 6 and Nexus 5.
Google how old those are, you retard.

Sure it is iPajeet!

>smartphone technology including screens, CPUs, build quality, design, etc is advancing at an incredible rate
>so people could browse Facebook on a 800ppi screen and an octa-core processor
>laptops pretty much a dead form factor compared to it

All this power will come in handy when I decide to mine bitcoins and factor large primes on the train to work.

> being this unproductive

apple's superior javascript performance is due to two reasons:
- most javascript is not really multithreaded, so the faster single core performance of the a10 really shines here
- apple's javascript engine, nitro, is probably the most heavily optimized javascript engine that there is, adding on to their hardware lead

its really impressive how apple invented a chip that actually beats their own macbook air.

hate on apple all you like, their chip game is on POINT. i dunno which wizards are working in their hardware department but they BETTER be getting paid millions upon millions.

Key phrase being "in single thread"
I don't think the geekbench benchmark is implying it has better overall performance. The A10 is a good chip and anyone who says otherwise is retarded. The only problem is the software that is lumped with it.

and spotify.

too is a botnet

Based Jim Keller provided them with a roadmap while he was at Apple. He's now at Samsung and they're both staying neck to neck in terms of performance per watt. Android takes great advantage of multiple cores while iOS is more optimized for single threads so benchmark comparisons doesn't make sense between the two. In terms of total raw performance Samsung's Exynos chip in the Galaxy S7 is still the clear winner.

All those would come down to storage speed, pcs are still ahead of phones there.

Not really, Apple used NVMe type storage since the 6S and the IOPs and sustained speeds are very similar to previous gen SATA3 SSDs for PCs.

Then why was it posted in a thread about the iPhone 7? It adds nothing to the discussion.

This isn't true, but the comparison are nonsense anyway. They're not even doing the same things.

Windows update taking 2 minutes? Did he mean to type 20?

All for those features and apps that aren't available

trac.webkit.org/wiki/JavaScriptCore

Hmm. I didn't understand much of that. I have some reading to do.

With phones though single threaded is more important than multi.

Then why are pcs ahead then? Shitty phone ram?

>third party
kys

It's pretty much confirmed that all the phone benchmarks are rigged, why anyone takes them seriously is beyond me.

>testes
freudian slip

Aside from Facebook, all those apps load approximately at the same time, or have different ways of loading.

Look at Spotify for example. On Android it loaded earlier, but it still took a while to load up the assets for those playlists (like album covers). The iOS version loaded it all at once.

Literally the dumbest comparison ever. But holy shit is Facebook a shit app.

Is Nitro available on 3rd party browsers or is it just Safari?

Your entire mobile OS is a botnet.

Apples SoC architecture looks very nice along with apples A10 fusion chip being a dual cpu quad core. Its just hands down a better cpu.

>Bluetooth
>Slow expandable storage

Where is that multi core senpia

>2 minutes with Windows update

iFag on suicide watch

Can someone explain how a huge company like Facebook has an app that is just excruciatingly slow while it's probably the main way most people acces their main product

> I love muh botnet as long as it's fast!!

Facebook ran an experiment on its users where for a randomly selected group they "broke" their app by making it so it threw a fake error when they tried to open the app and measured how long it would take for people to give up.

Nobody gave up. People just kept trying to open the app until they broke down and used their phone browsers instead. There's some bizarre Skinner box addictive element in facebook that compels people to check it.

>measured how long it would take for people to give up.
>Nobody gave up. People just kept trying to open the app until they broke down and used their phone browsers instead.
This is the future Apple doomed us to, back in 1984.

So do all these shiny numbers mean anything in real world preformance?

Didn't phone CPUs get like pretty much good enough by Galaxy S5 and since then it's just numbers just like their PC counterparts.

i5 2500k or i5 6600k nobody gives a fuck.

I got a Chink Oneplus 3 not because hurr durr Geekbench bu because it's 300€ cheaper then an S7 and does the exact same shit.

>all of my life decisions revolve around Cred Forums

holy shit I feel sorry for you, user

>samshit s7
>being this delusional
wew

I'm still rocking an s4 for this reason. Honestly can't tell much of a practical difference between this and my friend's op3.

Apple is the best when it comes to mobile products, everyone knows this

>>Slow expandable storage

As if anyone who has ran out of storage on a phone gives a flying fuck about speed. It's not like modern micro sd cards don't have read speeds that exceed 90MBps anyway.

(You)

Paying to suck proprietary cock

What are you stupid? They are still nowhere near as good as Q6600 one of the main reason is, lack of instruction innovations.

It only shows how much apple paid the benchmarkers to give them big numbers :^)
But seriously, no, it means nothing. IPhones can't do anything with hardware that powerful.

It wouldn't give a premium android feeling because android isn't premium, by design.

The reason the entire chip is so good is because iOS is just efficient, the actual chip isn't all that different from Qualcomm's chips

>I can't have an app for every single website I use