Why is this moderator so right?

Why is this moderator so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

stonehengelaserscan.org/ebook/d0b0fa-ebook-24-17-the_art_of_reasoning/
gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This message board is amazing.

stonehengelaserscan.org/ebook/d0b0fa-ebook-24-17-the_art_of_reasoning/

The book publishing industry is a complete clusterfuck honestly I don't think authors make any money from actual sales of their books, which is why they crave advances so much. If it becomes popular enough that they can do tours, get tv guest spots, if they've retained licensing rights (personally, not given to the publishers) then yeah they can make shitloads. It's all such a racket, fiction, non-fiction, academia, the writers don't get shit. And that's not even going into the publishers who have issues with the major booksellers like Amazon. Or the scarcity of some titles in physical form.

I know damn well if I have to play $300 for a book the writer isn't seeing a fucking penny of that.

They make decent amount.
If they're published they have a deal and are paid in advance, if the book outsell the deal they're paid in royalties afterwards.
Tours and tv guest spot and what not are generally discussed during the making of the contract before any sells.
If they're self-published they're probably on digital on amazon or something similar, then they have a deal with amazon who takes a % on each sell.
But tbqh they don't care if you torrent it or buy it second hand somewhere because they don't get any money from that.

:)

> first poster literally has an avatar that is tipping its fedora

it should be "a comprehensive guide"

for a second i forgot i wasnt on s4s anymore

Noted.

if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound?

if you commit copyright crime and get away with it, is it still a crime, with no system of enforcement in place ?

daily reminder that due to a legal loophole, everything you torrent in a public library is 'ok' because " copying materials for personal academic use in libraries " is 100% legal.

just telnet into a library, because if you are connected to a website, it has to legally occur as if it happened in real life, and then download anything you want. 100 percent constitutionally abiding and feds are basically fucked.

there are already legal loopholes that circumvent the 'muh piracy is wrong' meme

You are welcome to come into my home and make a copy of everything you see. Unless you are a nigga. Because a nigga would actually steal something.

How about you stop making these threads? Actually be glad at least someone used their time to at least pirate your shitty product because no one would buy it anyways.

Why would someone want to duplicate worthless materials?

I really like this book store, they have great prices:
gen.lib.rus.ec/

piratefags i can understand because i am one

>poor
>cant afford to legally buy shit in my shithole country straya
>occasionally buy the odd thing if i like it enough say a multiplayer game or blu ray boxset

But honestly buyfags i dont get

According to their logic i cant even backup my own legally purchased digital data because 'making a copy is illegal'

Fucking retards

I wouldn't have a problem against someone without a car coming to my home and making an exact copy of my car for him to take.

That's BS. That's not how it works.

Let's say I write a big BOOK. I spent 100 hours on it, and my rate is 1$ an hour - and I there are four people out there who will want to read my book.

So, I make each copy worth 25 USD.

B - 25
O - 25
O - 25
K - 25

Now, a retard on Cred Forums comes and torrents K for free. So, now there are only three readers who will buy my book. And I make a 25$ loss.

So in my next BOOK, I'm going to assume that the retard Cred Forums is going to torrent again, so instead of selling for 25$ per copy, I'm going to sell it at 34$ per copy, so that I won't make a loss.

Fuck you torrenters for making books expensive for the rest of us. Seriously fuck you.

I keep saying this but the feds insist printing dollar notes is a crime

The 3DS is only 3D on the top screen numbnuts

>Now, a retard on Cred Forums comes and torrents K for free. So, now there are only three readers who will buy my book. And I make a 25$ loss.
That's not at all how it works.

That's exactly how it works but increase all the numbers by a set of multipliers.

these people are also those that will be shocked if you use the computer longer than 4 hours or that there are gore pictures on the internet

So what are some good sites for free ebooks, preferably mobi? I am struggling to find any nowdays.

>see bike I want in store
>see bike price is 200x price needed to make it
>use magic powers to create a perfect duplicate of bike
>storeowner: "thats mine! I made that!"
>me: "no you didn't, I made it"
>ride off into sunset with new bike

top kek

Would you download a gf?

no

it's nice for a while but maintenance in the long run is too much of a hassle and a waste of time and resources

i'd rather install gentoo

see