pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Cred Forums wiki headphone FAQ
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!iEdwkQAI!G5qnUtWDTe2ha2-Rj7D16X8uPH_BF0tM04P3MpvxVEU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filosofem
amazon.de/beyerdynamic-kopfhörer-DT-880-250/dp/B0024NK358/
curiua.com/p/audio-technica-ath-m40x-professional-studio-monitor-headphones/0723856558890
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R98O6R4?th=1
goldenears.net/board/files/attach/images/783981/307/405/005/7ae0c9ab17962bbf39ff5042bce83698.png
goldenears.net/board/files/attach/images/783981/769/905/01.FR_AKG_K702.png
goldenears.net/board/files/attach/images/783981/830/372/005/764a86ca46bebeecb5a1298222b0b70f.png
chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-Channel-Headphones/dp/B0016MOC28/
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R98JVVU
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MFDX4YO
aliexpress.com/item/Big-Sale-SE215-Clear-Stereo-Sound-isolating-Earphones-with-enhanced-bass-in-ear-Handsfree-Dynamic-Transparent/32638174203.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B00YA8LFPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
amazon.com/gp/product/B00YA8LFPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Jabra-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-Monitor/dp/B00N2359DU/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1474207627&sr=1-3&keywords=jabra bluetooth headphones
amazon.com/Brainwavz-Velor-Memory-Replacements-Earpads/dp/B00MFDX4YO
amazon.com/ATH-M50-PADS-VELVET-ATH-M50RD-ATH-M50WH-ATH-M50xBL-ATH-M50xWH/dp/B00F2ZM6CS/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1474230243&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=ath m50 velvet pads
docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD600.pdf&embedded=true&chrome=false&dov=1
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3u56ky/would_you_recommend_fiio_e10k_with_hd600650s/cxce2ao
theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/
aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/1924356_32417311324.html
linustechtips.com/main/topic/305562-amp-and-dac-for-hd-650/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.

That's nice OP.
But let us now talk about why we love Mel Gibson and why he should be President.

I'll start:
>Apparently word has not reached the other side of the Atlantic about the a-hole way this former A+ list mostly movie actor/director treats women. At a bar drinking shots with some college aged women, he took their hand and pressed it against his crotch asking them, if he was bigger than their dad. Yep. He said it. He then pulled out said member for two of the women who then went back to his hotel with him.
>Mel Gibson, Venice Film Festival

AKG K553's are in the mail. I was hoping to have them today, but I guess maybe tuesday?

I don't think Tyll Hertsens can offer a proper explanation. Documents are not sorted or named.

mega.nz/#!iEdwkQAI!G5qnUtWDTe2ha2-Rj7D16X8uPH_BF0tM04P3MpvxVEU

Soundstage is real lads

6th for wireless headphones

Xiaomi Pistons are discontinued and most the ones on Ali are fake replicas. It'd be easier to buy Hybrid's, though there are plenty of fakes on Ali, so dont buy them for anything under $10 or even $15
Dont fall for the Rock Zyclon B's

Reminder that Monoprice is coming out with planar magnetic headphones for a tenth of the normal price

Reminder that collectively objectively: Comfort > Aesthetics > Sound

What is the general opinion on Sennheiser Urbanites XL?

I've never been an audiophile, but I recently bought a computer and I'm looking to upgrade my setup for music and such.
What's a good entry level amp and set of headphones? Do I really need an amp? Does it make a difference?

You can still get new Pistons, just rebranded.

The pricing is not true. That driver also doesn't tell much about the sound either.

Decent fit, mediocre response. The response is easy enough to fix if you actually care about it, most people are too lazy or ignorant to do it.

>What's a good entry level amp and set of headphones
Budget, open or closed back? There's a template that should give you an idea.
>Do I really need an amp? Does it make a difference?
It boosts the signal at all frequencies. That's what they do. More informally, it make it louder.
If you've picked it right, it won't introduce significant noise or other artifacts.

I know, and it's very good on the 702s.

I don't even own the 702's. See you can praise something that you don't own.

Soundstage is real.

I'd like to get an amp, headphones and a mic for around $350 total.
I'd like closed headphones since I'm usually in a room with another person.

The velour earpads on massdrop are worth if for the ATH-m50x right?

Does a more perfect design exist?

No.

How comfortable are the m50x for somebody who wears headphones for 8 hours a day?

I bought steelseries v3 a year back and after dealing with my game audio playing through skype and shit when I'm trying to talk to people, I realize these fuckers are defective. What's a decent headset for around 100?

I frown upon this shitpost.

absolute trash unless you get new pads
also m50x is shit
muddy bass and highs are too sharp
m40x is better

Need some new in-ears for commuting and maybe some jogging.

>Budget

>Source
Phone

>Preferred type of headphone
IEM

>Comfort level
comfortable for at least 40 minutes

>Preferred tonal balance
neutral

>Past headphones
I've been using the soundmagic E10's for about halve a year, but the left driver broke (hence this request).
I like their sound and comfort, however the fact that they break after halve a year discourage me top buy them again.

I got them, They're pretty good. Fairy neutral with a sight hint of bass, very open sounding for closed cans. Mine are from massdrop, got them for $140 including shipping to my 3rd world country

I am looking at getting Sony's xba 300 iem's. Does anyone have expereince listening to these? Are they at all worth it?

Are these worth it for mobile use?
I'm willing to go up to €100 if they are.

The removable cables makes them worth it. 90% of my earphones have been replaced because the cable went faulty

I've seen them recommended very often and people usually have good things to say about them.

I've had an IEM die (Westone) but my previous headphones went useless because of the cable.

i this is basically this same with a different EQ or whatever

there pretty good for the price i use them almost everyday. really comfy.

Are a pair of red m50s for 50 pounds a good buy? Will the red make me look even more like a faggot?

Closed portable headphones with a warm sound up to 100euro. And i need your opinions on AKG Y50

You forgot
>Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
>If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

Thanks!

Sure if you don't mind the disgustingly bassy sound.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filosofem
>For the vocals, he asked a sound technician for the worst microphone he had, and ended up using a headset.

That's huh, wow

elaborate

>Germany
>300€ tops
>full-size open
>excellent for music from the 60's
>no high Ohm cans
This will be a present for my stepdad, any suggestions?

amazon.de/beyerdynamic-kopfhörer-DT-880-250/dp/B0024NK358/

I have m50x, k7xx, and Sennheiser IE800

K7XX sound the most like the ie800 but their bass is not as accurate. What over ear open back headphone can I get that sounds like the ie800?

I know the actual answer is hd800 but I'm hoping for more affordable suggestions.

Is the 32 Ohm version actually good? Only listened to 250 and 600 Ohm beyers.

They sound muddy because of the extremely bassy response. Other areas of the design are great.

Id like some nice headphones for 100$ and shipping should be world wide, closed headphones preffered. Thanks in advance anons

M40X

Thoughts on the ATH-M50x?

M50s feel a little too heavy for my head. Does this get better?

Thanks, where can i order them to europe? Amazon?

Looks reasonable, thanks. Any other options? I have absolutely no idea what cans are good for 60's music. How about K702/K712 or X2's?

Sure

curiua.com/p/audio-technica-ath-m40x-professional-studio-monitor-headphones/0723856558890

I'm looking into these right now but the youtubers are all pleb tier.

The over ear thing is tempting me because I use iems on my treadmill often.

Are they clearly better than the pistons 3's or KZ ed 9's?

Guys, why the fuck does amazon say that this mic "has not yet been released"

amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R98O6R4?th=1

My friend bought one literally a year ago, and every UK store I can find with it has it out of stock

The fucks going on with it

Any alternatives?

Thanks, too bad its around 90£ with shipping, i guess ill get the extra cash. Do i need a good sound card to go with the headphones?

Literally perfect

>K702
Very mild bass, can be sibilant and agressive on some treble happy music.

I don't know about the 712 and X2 but here are some graphs

X2
goldenears.net/board/files/attach/images/783981/307/405/005/7ae0c9ab17962bbf39ff5042bce83698.png

K702
goldenears.net/board/files/attach/images/783981/769/905/01.FR_AKG_K702.png

K712
goldenears.net/board/files/attach/images/783981/830/372/005/764a86ca46bebeecb5a1298222b0b70f.png

I don't like golden ears measurements too much, although I agree far more with these than the ones at headroom. I think personalaudio and reference-audio-analyzer have the most accurate graphs

Absolutely cannot stand the sound. You might like it though, but dont be surprised if you end up hating it.

Why don't you like it?

>Do i need a good sound card to go with the headphones?
Nah. Something decent is enough. Modern motherboards have very good DACs

Alright, thanks, Ill get them.

Overrated. They're the same as the M40X with just more bloated bass. The M40X are just better overall

Just get the Aliexpress fakes for $28.

I don't listen to 60's music but I have owned all three of those headphones.

As good as the 702's are I would rule those out straight away. They have no weight behind them at all.

The 712's are great in general with good clarity but the bass is a little sloppy. The x2's have god tier build quality and the sound is very bassy.

It's very close but I think id recommend the 712's. Look into those two if you mostly care about 60's music.

The v-shaped freq response makes it sound rather tinny and I didn't like it.

Need something for gaming, skype, listening to music like hip hop, alt rock shit like radiohead and pink floyd and fleet foxes

>Budget
$200 or less

>Location
USA

>Source
Desktop, laptop

Open ear

>Comfort level
A few hours at a time, like 2

>Preferred tonal balance
neutral

>Past headphones
Grado Predtige Series SR60e

Loved how they sounded but the build quality was awful, the wire came part and i lost the sound from the right ear.

Tinny would be something like this

First time investing in headphones

>Budget
~$60

>Location
Malaysia

>Source
Phone, Laptop, Desktop

Closed (noob here i dont want to listen to background noise)

>Comfort level
2 hours as I tend to watch movies on my laptop a lot

>Preferred tonal balance
neutral

>Past headphones
whatever earphones I got with my phones in the past and a $4 headset I got from a local net cafe that i use with my desktop

Weird

What do you prefer?

I'm looking for a good audio as well as an attachable mic to go with it, but the one i found was out of stock or something

HD600

Possibly the m30x

unfortunately it's 300 which is a little out of my budget range

Oh nevermind, didn't check the location. Those are 60€ around europe and 60€ in US. No idea what to buy around your place

Ah damn, i'll just continue lurking until i find something. Thanks anyway.

>Budget
£100
>Location
UK
>Source
PC, Guitar Amp, Record Player
On Ear/Full
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Yes please, I want these to be comfortable for several hours wearing
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral to Warm Bassy
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 202, decent but really I need to step up my headphones game

Been looking at M40x and M50x but heard mixed things, started looking at Beyerdynamic Dt770 too but really not sure

Medium isolation and up would be great too

The DT770 have very bloated bass and sibilant treble (although not as sibilant as the 990). If you want something bassy you can always EQ down the treble to eliminate the sibilance. They're comfy and built like tanks

what sick you guys think about the sennheiser 598

it literally does look like the interior of my volvo v70

Thanks for the suggestions. Just listened to some 60's stuff. Maybe i'll get him 598's, definitely nothing with sharp or sibilant treble.
I think something on the warm side should suit his preferrences and music the best.
Oh and fun fact: he likes my 5€ Monks more than my 150€ DT990's.

>Budget
100€
>Location
Eastern Europe
>Source
Smartphone
>Preferred type
On/Full
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I dont care about it much
>Preferred tonal balance
Warm
>Past Headphones
AKG K420, nice ones but I want to have closed headphones and get even better quality

I was looking on AKG Y50, but I dont think its best option at this budget

pls respond

dt770's are the best at that price range lad. Fantastic build quality as well for moving between your pc and guitar amp etc.

Dt 770.

thanks m8s, i'll be waitin on my next paycheck.
Is 80 ohms the way to go?

well i also dont want to look like like an idiot in public

Then use IEMs

Yeah get the 80 ohms. Don't worry about the higher ohm versions. They're basically the same but require more power to drive, Pointless.

Dt 770's are one of the best looking headphones ever.

If they trigger you then it's time to use iems like most people do in public. It's not like you're going to care about fine details whilst walking the streets ffs. Any decent iem will do.

i mean they dont look bad, but they seem like to be fucking huge

Pop your budget £9 and get the HD25 Basic edition.

They're a bit big I agree and I have never wore any headphone in public in my entire life.

Just get a good pair of iem's. Like I said. You're not really appreciating the sound quality fully on the move so you just need something that vaguely meet's your needs.

Want to save money? try the kz ED9.

Do they do well against the Beyerdynamics? To be honest the look of them really put me off

>Don't like the DT770 because of the looks.
>Don't like the HD25 because of the looks.
Beats are for you.

You want the other guy pal, though at this point I understand how you got the two of us mixed up, I just want the best headphones my money can get

No the m50's will make you look like a faggot

into the garbage and nowhere else

I never noticed any sibilance from normal music

Opinions on Philips Fidelio X2?

Sennheiser HD800.

K702 and dont look back

Great build quality and decent sound with strong bass.

The sound quality is muddy though compared to the hd600.

Put it this way. If you care about quality and accuracy get the 600. If you want something decent, bassy and fun then get the x2's.

Or just get the HD600 and pass a low-shelf filter to up the bass

its shit

>sennshill
leave

AKG fanboy, I'm guessing?

>pass a low-shelf filter to up the bass
>with HD600's bass distortion

Just distort my shit up senpai

>sennheisers
>anything but shit
lol back to /reddit/ with you family
funny how all the sennshills immediately assume anyone that questions their shit headphones are akg users its like they know sennheiser is bottom of the barrel shit

>buy turtle beach px24 while its on sale for 55$
>audio quality is actually pretty good
>bass boost on little controller thing is great with some music
>computer only has dedicated audio ports, not mic+headphones
>have to use a splitter
>no splitter came with headphones

welp, any high quality splitters you'd reccomend /hpg/?

a better headphone

Well excuse me if I like my sound neutral

>thinks mud and nigger bass is """neutal"""
WEW LAD CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

You don't know what nigger bass is kek

>AKG K 553
Might be a little bit over budget though

Nigger in denial

>Budget
Roughly 200 USD

>Location
Brazil

>Source
PC/Notebook

Full

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Comfortable enough to be used from 8 to 12 hours straight

>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 202

Also, it would be great if it had a microphone.

>I know the actual answer is hd800
But that's wrong. If anything, the X2 is most similar to the IE800.

I might get shitted on for asking this, but I'm going to anyway. What's the Thinkpad T420 equivalent as far as headphones go?

No specific budget, but I'm looking for absolute best bang for buck. Doesn't have to be new and shiny and I don't mind scraping eBay to find it. Generally prefer over the ear, closed with good noise isolation if possible.

Budget
>100-150€

>Location
UK/France

>Source
Fiio x1

Overeat, closed

>Comfort level
comfortable for at least 40 minutes

>Preferred tonal balance
neutral

>Past headphones
I fell for the m50x meme but they were uncomfortable and something about the sound didn't sit well with me. Maybe it was the v shaped signature. I don't know. Definitely loved the build quality. I spend a lot of time in art galleries studying and copying art so I'd like to get something comfy and good sounding. I also have some grado s80 memes. They're alright.

HD600 except it's not cheap for old second-hand ones. Pretty much entirely user-repairable and price-performance is short of the plateau.

I appreciate that suggestion and I might just go that route. Is there anything good under $120 or so? I'm looking on eBay and most listings are hovering around $299.

>more power
Voltage. They waste the same power.

The HD 580 is usually much cheaper.
Most of the K702 can be user serviced, but AKG spare parts are somewhat harder to come by than Sennheiser HD 580/600/650 parts.
These are open backed headphones.

>Voltage. They waste the same power.

What is basic high school physics?

Forces and voltages don't have to be conserved in physics, energy does.

The various Beyerdynamic headphones for a given model (e.g. DT 880 32 ohm, 250 ohm, and 600 ohm) have the same power draw for a given SPL output, within certain manufacturer tolerances. The most noticeable effect of the impedance difference can be likened to transformers: power use is similar, whereas voltage and current are not.

I'm using some Beyer DT770s (80ohm) and they feel a bit 'boring', so I'm planning to buy some disgusting impure basshead headphones. It seems a lot of people recommend V-Moda's stuff, specifically the M100

My question is, are the M100s really worth the extra ~£100 over the LP2s? Does anyone have experience with both and can give an opinion?

I need a new IEMs. I had Philips SHE9000, and was quite content with them, but for some reason the left headphone is now seriously quieter than right one (I tried cleaning them, haven't done shit). Unfortunately, the place where I got them last time no longer has them. What IEMs in that price range you can recommend? I looked for other Philips shit in my favorite shop, and screened it - are any of them good, or there are better options?

Whoops, forgot pic

Is this FR graph bogus? No way the DT770s 80ohm have such a rolled off bass.

V6 / 7506

Might be a bad seal.

What headphones would you guys recommend for flying? I'm not interested in active noise-canceling, but do want a full ear, closed back type headphone.
Currently looking at DT 770s, as reviews say they have decent noise blocking but are quite good for normal use as well.

As said, it's most likely a bad seal.
It shows in their Lambda measurements too, with the midbass hump then roll off.

(You)
This is the 250ohm version by the way. Looks much more like it. Does anyone have a proper graph of the 80ohm ver.? Most websites just list "DT770 Pro" but the different versions do have different FRs.

I see, I guess I should report it but I don't know russian.

So DT 770 is best for blocking out noise? Noise goes right through the walls where I live and I'd love to block that out. If I can wear them to bed and they'll stay on overnight i'm sold. Sick of being woken up in the morning.

HD 558

Takstar Pro 80/ Hyper X Cloud Core
whatever is cheaper for you
theyre built like a brick, have actual real leather pads, and sound as good as m40x

cheapest ive seen was on gearbest for the clouds

a better set of headphones
those turtle beach are gonna break on you fast as fuck

you can get splitters from anywhere dude
not exactly a complicated item
just look on amazon or ebay

they wont be the best, they have velour pads so you will hear some shit if its loud enough
the Brainwavz HM5's might be your best choice [or any closed back that can use hm5 pads]
they isolate real well
IEMs are your best bet for properly blocking sound anyway

and youre not gonna be able to watch any full sized headphone to bed without them falling off'
unless you don't move an inch in your sleep, which i don't believe

though if youre seriously gonna try that beyers might be your best choice, since solid as shit

>Budget
$50 to $100
>Location
Burgerland
>Source
3.5mm
Over ear
>Open or closed
Don't care
>Comfort level
Maximum comf
>Preferred tonal balance
I like Alternative Rock so whatever's best for that I guess.

HD 558
theyre the most comfortable in your budget
like 110 on amazon, prolly cheaper in other places
theyre slightly warm but neutral
and actually sound good too

those look like shit lol

they still look shit

No

yes

those dont look as bad

I wonder if they sound bad.

Reviews yet to come

Playing video game music in the greatest audio codec known to man
mpv chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

The Sennheiser CX 300B II are on sale on Amazon for $43 CAD. Are they worth it?

>tubes
>120 ohm output impedance
>on HD650 with 500 ohm swing from 300 ohms at 100hz

I don't understand the appeal of this mud galore pairing.

I own a pair, they're great but depends on your past experience with earbuds and what source you have.

The change from Android phone and stock earbuds made a big impression on me, I'll definitely buy them again once these are broken, using them for biking/gym, comfortable and the music is clear.

muh visceral bass and liquid mids

hd280 pro if you want the best passive noise isolation

does it mean that it only blocks passive noise

ew, surface book

A feature often seen in luxury and fashion headphones is active noise cancellation (ANC). While most closed headphones offer decent amounts of isolation, ANC headphones aims to reduce the noise form outside even further by producing inverted soundwaves to cancel out the unwanted noise. While ANC is a helpful feature for plane travelers and others, it is often not recommended due to the fact that an ANC headphone will often have minor flaws in sound reproduction due to their design. ANC headphones use a microphone to pick up ambient noise, and then add the inverted soundwaves into the reproduced sounds. Because of physical limitations, the noise canceling will not be 100% accurate, and often there will be high frequency noise added to the sound. The main disadvantage of ANC however, is its need for batteries to operate.

amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-Channel-Headphones/dp/B0016MOC28/

What's the deal with these headphones?

It looks like it has a 3.5mm plug, even comes with a straight and coiled cable. But then the description also reads "!Only Bluetooth 2.0" which makes it sound like they're wireless headphones?

btfo

Anyone know of a good alternative to these?

amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R98JVVU

For some reason Amazon is saying that they haven't been released yet

I got the er4sr and they are amazing. Highly recommended.

Also they come with a card showing the frequency response for your specific unit, they test every damned one.

>they test every damned one.
as any manufacturer should.

What kinds of pads would Cred Forums recommend for these cans?

Are those headphones over-ear?

amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MFDX4YO

go to the gym poindexter

You never just tested something out before? It's kind of his job.

Got a link?

Are M50X headphones good for gaming?

I see people saying it has a bad soundstage but idunno

Found my own answer, link for the curious.
aliexpress.com/item/Big-Sale-SE215-Clear-Stereo-Sound-isolating-Earphones-with-enhanced-bass-in-ear-Handsfree-Dynamic-Transparent/32638174203.html

Tyll aside, a lot of people (yes, HF) use the Crack with HD6x0.

Just because you can't make that headphone sound bad you shouldn't violate it with some half baked DIY project.

Best headphones MY money can buy, £100

>MDR-XB950BT

Anyone tried these? They come with a phone I've ordered and I was wondering if they're worth keeping or just put them on ebay.

Is the dt1770 the successor of the t70? What's the overly biased, meme opinion of the dt1770?

yes
theyre uncomfortable as fuck
you need new pads for them to be even remotely usable

the soundstage is pretty average for closed

I use X2s as my daily driver and can attest to it being built like a mother fucking tank. Pretty damn comfy too but a little on the heavy side.

I like its sound signature, fairly laid back and bassy but not to the point of making them bassheads. Mids take a bit of a step back but are in line with the treble peak around 10k.

After getting an MSR7 I feel like trying an open version of that sound signature.

I could immediately tell the bass was tighter on the MSR7 and the quantity is just about right. Female vocals in particular sound miles better. But it sounds so congested in comparison to X2s that its offputting.

Also sounds a little harsh on certain tracks due to that bump around 1KHz. Might have a look at the 900X or 1000X but I hear their bass is shit. Tempted to try Planar at some point as well.

>literally 3 humps

Anyone know of a place to get a pair of Monoprice 108323 headphones that isn't ebay or Amazon? Preferably in Europe.

Trying to find a pair since they seem to fit right into my poorfag criteria but buying them from most shops in America means the shipping is almost as much as the headphones themselves and ends up invalidating any reason to get a pair of really cheap headphones in the first place.

As far as I can tell no shops sell them in my country.

Thanks, it looks like it balances out to a flat neutral response when you add it all up. Is it the successor?

>it looks like it balances out to a flat neutral response when you add it all up
How did you reach that conclusion? They are shit, just like most higher end Beyers.

This. Japan only. You won't regret it.

I always see many people recommending these closed back sony headphones. Do they have anything good that's over ear and open back?

>I always see many people recommending these
Said no one ever

>Do they have anything good that's over ear and open back?
I've seen rare mentions here and there of Sony MA-900

>Said no one ever
Every headphone general there's someone recommending V6s or MDR-7506

>Every headphone general there's someone recommending V6s or MDR-7506
Does 's picture look like V6s or MDR-7506's? Are you blind.. It has a chrome edge. It's the CD900ST. No one talks about those a lot. Only a few mentions here and there.

I was generalising. They all have similar looks

Anyone else who Bought the Massdrop HIFIMAN HE-350?

Looking for purchase advice guys. I appreciate the effort.

>Budget
Can go up to $60 USD

>Location
Houston, TX USA

>Source
Phone and computer

Bluetooth headset, similar to (amazon.com/gp/product/B00YA8LFPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

>Open or closed
>Skip if you want in-ear

>Comfort level
This is important. I am willing to bump the price up a bit if it means getting a comfier headset.

>Preferred Tonal Balance
>Skip if you don't care

>Past headphones
>amazon.com/gp/product/B00YA8LFPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>amazon.com/Jabra-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-Monitor/dp/B00N2359DU/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1474207627&sr=1-3&keywords=jabra bluetooth headphones
Although that last one was a gift that I honestly didn't like and gave away because it didn't feel good in my ear.

For reference, I plan on using these headphones a LOT throughout the day for calls (required for work) so that's why the comfy level is super important.

Thanks lads.

Just got the Shure se215's
First impressions are good, pretty comfy, maybe a little too bassy though.

One problem, I can't get the sleeves off, anyone know how to do this? the included instructions don't help for shit.

This may sound fucking ridiculous, but is there any way to run EVERYTHING through wasapI? I don't want windows 10 fucking with my audio anymore.

Just got the 1000x, bass is not "powerful" but it is still there. The mids and highs are butter tho

>hifiman
>dynamic drivers

Just don't use Windows

>EVERYTHING through wasapI
WASAPI refers to the Windows audio session; it would normally default to Shared mode. What you want is audio under WASAPI Exclusive mode to disable all resampling and processing, not necessarily a good thing.

As suggested by the name, you can't have sound from multiple programs under Exclusive mode. An alternative solution with ASIO may be possible, but you're on your own there.

What does /hpg/ think of these?

the HD558 is probably going out of production soon

How are akg m220

Any good lightning earbuds?

Reposting from last thread, >Budget
$150
>Location
Canada
>Source
Phone, 1+X
In-ears
>Preferred tonal balance
V-shaped, fairly bass heavy
>Past headphones
DT770-80

Only suggestion I got was Shure SE215K. Are these the best IEMs in my price range?

Evening.

Yes

Thoughts on ath-sr5?

What kind of plug is this?

DIN

Consider senfer's for $15-$30 on aliepxress, they all have those removable cables

Is that the connector estats use?

can I plug my IBM keyboard?

Nope

>Budget
$130
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop and Desktop with budget mobo (Asrock-H97M-ITX-ac), no amp.
Circumaural full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Very high. Prefer pads that are comfy and thick. My head is shaved so I have no preference about headbands and can tolerate one that's suposed to be shitty like the 668s
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral or bassy
>Past headphones
Monoprice 8323
Superlux 668B

hbs 770

32ohm DT990
HD558

>tfw you realize you will never amplify your keyboard

meant for

I use a USB microphone to power all my headphones (Blue Yeti) and I'm wondering what's the real limitation of my device. Here's the manufacturer specs:

>Impedance: 16 ohms
>Power Output (RMS): 130 mW
>THD: 0.009%
>Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 22 kHz
>Signal to Noise: 100dB

I'm wondering how it will fare with the big three that are commonly recommended here; HD600, K702 or DT880.

not bad except for the bass hump that clouds mids.

that point disqualifies them for audiophiles but are ok for entry level "in the box" phones.

thanks

>sennheiser
thats because they are

I need a recommendation for a cheap bluetooth pair for running.

K702

Stax don't use a DIN connector.

Is that the output impedance or the reference for the power output?
No problem would be expected in either case.

Actually if that is the output impedance, that leaves many more indeterminate questions. Those would likely be most relevant for the K702.

Another dumb design decision by Apple. Why make them earbuds instead of isolating IEMs? The only time they make sense is while posing at starbucks.

Someone recommended these last night so I thought i'd try them out using amazon prime.

They're shit. Clearly worse than the KZ ed9's and even the piston 3.

Stay the fuck away from them.

>stock photo

Best microphone to attach to my headphone?

I found it on google. Who gives a shit.

ModMic

Thanks user.

Your claims of they're shit. Are shit.

They're shit.

I don't even need to go into the details. They sound fucking horrible, never mind for a fucking £40 pair.

What tips did you use? Foam comply tips generally work better with bright IEMs.

price/sound sweet spot

tbf I only tried the triple cone shape tips but they sounded that bad I selected a refund from amazon asap. Not only did I get refunded instantly, but the god damn cucks are come to my house tomorrow to collect them.

Amazon is god tier. That's half the reason I bought them since you can't lose.

Your statement is wrong
That's 50 too much

You call an IEM shit after only trying one type of eartip? After that, you deserve to be disappointed.

Hey guys

My DT770 are getting like some sorta "bass rattle", as if the driver were scraping against the side of the cup or something

Anyone else got this? What do I do?

It doesn't really matter that I only tried ne tip. They sounded horrendous. They aren't going to sound brilliant by changing the tip. I know good sound, I own hd699's and kz ed9's which sound much better.

Has anyone tried the Mayflower Electronics mod on the Fostex T50RP Mk3s? Just picked up a pair and I'm curious if anyone has any input.

>budget
$175
>location
US
>source
PC
>preferred type of headphone
full sized wired
>open or closed
no preference
>comfort level
no preference
>past headphones
ATH-M50x

Should have said 600 and 650 really

In the UK, the 650 can be had for pretty much the same price as the 600 give or take £20 if you look around. I don't understand how Sennheiser class the 650 as higher tier though, id say they sound different rather than on being better than the other

>I know good sound
>hd699
>kz ed9

Looks like I've been bamboozled :^)

lel I meant hd600.

The ed9's are the best cheap chink iem by far and they sound incredible compared to that piece of shit I bought last night.

There is a insect in the driver cups.

I bet you also use an E10K to amp your HD600s :^)

Really now? Any kind of rollercoaster which adds up to overall neutral sound power on some target within the pass band is "balanced"?

Amperior/HD-25 is the best headphone ever made.

one off...... fail

I do and It works great.

I bet you own the m6 pro lmao

>I do and It works great.
Case in point.

>I bet you own the m6 pro lmao
I actually don't. I just thought your reasoning for calling an IEM "shit" was funny.

Uh........
Shit....
Are you sure??

>Case in point.

Tell me what amp you would use for them then.

>I actually don't. I just thought your reasoning for calling an IEM "shit" was funny.

It's shit and There's nothing funny about it. If you tried them you would agree.

Stop being autistic.

The E10k can power them fine.

Not him but i would have bought the o2 or the magni amp for the hd600.

>Tell me what amp you would use for them then.
A solid state amp with more power (>100 mW @ 300 Ω) or an OTL tube amp if you like tube sound.

>Stop being autistic.
Says the guy who follows every bit of shitty pseudo-objective advice on /hpg/.

so?
i dont see how that changes how they sound
the new senny 5xx is gonna be way more expensive anyway

DT770 Pro 80 or HD25

Which one is good for computer and guitar amp use?

the hd25 is some shithouse meme some faggots keep spouting

>Says the guy who follows every bit of shitty pseudo-objective advice on /hpg/.

I bought one iem from amazon knowing I could return it hassle free. I couldn't lose.

I owned the o2 before my e10k. They sound identical with the 600's. Unless you have oter power hungry headphones the o2 is a waste of money.

Obviously the o2 can drive more power hungry headphones than the 600's but the e10k can go much louder than you need.

Beyer DT 250

The faggot that designed both thinks the HD650 is better, he thinks the HD600 is too bright. Yet the same faggot designed the HD800.

>Budget
Under $300 USD

>Location
Canada

>Source
Primarily PC->Stereo Amp (Essence STX RCA Out->A-S500->Headphones)

Circumaural

>Open or closed
Looking for high sound isolation

>Comfort level
High - often use for 6+ hours at a time.

>Preferred tonal balance
Warm to bright.

>Past headphones
HD280 - First good headphones, liked them a lot and am considering re-buying. I used them heavily for around 5 years.
HD555 - More comfortable than HD280 due to velour pads, light weight and low clamp, but not really an upgrade in overall performance, just different.
Q701 - Current; comfortable after removing headbumps, amazingly realistic sound. Unexpected sounds like knocking on a door or thunder will literally make me check in real life. I liked these so much I also bought a pair of Q460, which were a massive disappoint for me in terms of comfort and sound signature.

Primary goal in getting a new set is to have high sound isolation; ideally passive isolation because I hate fucking with batteries but if active is the only real solution I will consider that.

The area I live in is fairly noisy, so I opening my windows is a bitch due to all the traffic noise. In my apartment I also get a lot of noise from appliances like my fridge/clothes washer. My goal is to be able to use Q701 during quiet times like early morning, and then swap to isolating for day hours when things get busy. If isolation is good enough, I will likely also use them with my Galaxy S5 when driving / flying.

Any news on the Powerbeats 3?

This. I have owned both and the 650 is just a slightly muddy 600. The 650 shouldn't even exist imo.

Absolute trash-tier.

>Budget
>Source
Phone and computer
>Preferred type
IEM
>Isolation
Doesn't really matter. I prefer if it was isolated.
>Comfort
Should be pretty comfortable. I'd like to use them for hours on end.
>Preferred balance
Neutral

Please advise

Very good earbuds.

>Why make them earbuds instead of isolating IEMs?
They have both.

Nope. I hope they don't go retarded with DSP this time. Powerbeats 2 was ruined by it.

Best wireless headphones money can buy? Anyone got suggestions? I'm thinking about cutting the wire. No apple shit please.

So far the choice for me is between these two pads for the m40x's. I might go for the hm5 velors since they are cheaper. What do yall think?

amazon.com/Brainwavz-Velor-Memory-Replacements-Earpads/dp/B00MFDX4YO

amazon.com/ATH-M50-PADS-VELVET-ATH-M50RD-ATH-M50WH-ATH-M50xBL-ATH-M50xWH/dp/B00F2ZM6CS/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1474230243&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=ath m50 velvet pads

are in ear phones a meme?

>Budget
Around $80
>Location
United States
>Source
Computer
Full
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Something that would be wearable for a couple of hours straight

I'm going to be getting some roommates soon so I'm just trying to prepare.

HD280 is the best for high sound isolation.
RE-400.
MDR-7506 or MDR-V6.

>beats wireless
Up to a good start, CG.

Can anybody suggest a paur of headphones for pc gaming and some music? Obviously something that isn't a "super gaming x t50 sniper killer" but a decent pair of headphones with a microphone, or removable microphone.

Why do you say that? I'm new to this, but an amp with more than 100 mW at 300 ohm would have a voltage of more than 5.48, which seems like overkill since you only need 2.45 volts RMS to drive the HD600 to 110 db.

Calculating from 200 mW at 32 ohm, the E10K should be able to do 2.53 volts, which means it hits around 110,2 dB. That should be enough for most people, or am I missing something?

if by meme you mean the best sound you can get from headphones then yes

u mean best sound & tinnitus and hearing issues

>Budget
Around $100-250
>Location
India
>Source
Mobile
Bluetooth and wired. Need for running
>Comfort level
Need for running. Should not fall off for a couple of hours. Should be able to handle sweat. Thanks

M50x + Mod Mic

Try to fill the form on Op or at least give usa price range, that would help a lot.

Looking for headphones for gaymen
I know that """gaming headphones""" are a meme so don't try to befuddle me
>Budget
About $130 give or take $20 if they're really good
>Location
U.S.A
>Source
Computer with a soundblaster sound card, either USB or 3.5mm would be nice
>Preferred type
Full size please
>Open or closed
Definitely closed but noise cancellation isn't required
>Comfort
Nice and comfy. No hair pulling or sliding off the back of my head. Cups and band need to be soft so I can rot my brain for hours on end
>Balance
Nice sharp bass preferred, treble doesn't matter
>Past headphones
I have used 2 types of headphones. They were the Razer kraken headphones (actual garbage tier meme, got them when I was 16) and sound blaster recon 3d omega wireless (not bad but they fucking snapped on me at the band twice. This is the kind of audio quality I'm looking for)
Thanks anons

>Budget
Up to £300 or so

>Location

UK

>Source

PC. Has something like a 600ohm amp in the mobo.

Circumaural, open or closed.

>Comfort level

Maximum comfort level needed, not audiophile enough to notice anything other than comfort.

>Past headphones

DT770 Pros

Since it seems like the industry is moving away from headphone jacks, I've been checking out bluetooth earbuds. Which are the best ones out right now?

Are you the retard who thinks in-ears cause tinnitus more than other sound sources?

My bad
>Budget
$100 decently flexible willing to go $125
>Location
USA

>Source
PC

Over ear

>Open or closed
Honestly dont know what this means im a plebian but whatever doesn't let sound bleed very much

>Comfort level
Whatever lets me play games for a couple hours before it becomes unbearable to wear

>Preferred tonal balance
No idea

>Past headphones
Beats (got them as a gift)

As you can tell i've never had an actually good pair of headphones.
Would also like something with a microphone detachable or fixed

Hd800 with the mxl 2003a microphone.

I am a musician myself and audio is important to me for transcribing, ear training, and just general enjoyment. Unfortunately, I'm not rolling in dough, and not very tech savy. I did find a great combo though. I got the AKG 702 for 180$ (USD) with the Geek out 1000 DAC/AMP for 110$. It soundsincredible. Would buy again

Can you give me a link to a mod mic i cant find one for those specific headphones

So when /hpg/ isn't busy arguing over wireless, where does it download it's music?

>download

Umm sir please refrain from discussing illegal activities.

That's a damn shame.

Any word on the Beats X at least?

I mostly just buy CDs and rip them myself.

"Tinnitus" is a meme answer, usually related to bright signatures, i doubt user actually thinks you can get tinnitus from iems

The Hyper X is one of the very few headsets that actually has a decent price/performance ratio.
Headphones in that price range include the MDR7506 (You might want Auray Sheep Skin Pads for it, much better than the stock pads) and the M40X.
Sorry, don't know many mics, i use a Zalman Mic1, it sounds good enough for games, but i'm not a big fan of it.

The HD6x0 series has a 600 ohm impedance spike at 100 Hz that affects the 10-1000 Hz range. Those frequencies will not sound good if you don't have enough power.

see the second graph on the left: docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD600.pdf&embedded=true&chrome=false&dov=1

It doesn't reach 600 ohm and they're sensitive enough that an E10K can drive them to dangerous listening levels

There's also the Sony ECMCS3 which I own and bought it for 20€ on ebay. I'm not sure which one sounds better when connected to a motherboard.

Like I said before, the E10K doesn't have enough voltage to drive the headphones to their intended frequency range. The lower impedance level frequencies will drown out the under powered frequencies.

I have used my apple IEMs which came with my ipod classic for probably 6 years now, and they are finally starting to die.

So what brands do you guys recommend? My default choice is Apple, but the price for their IEMs is $30, which seems kind of expensive for an IEM.

Should I bite the bullet and pay $30 for these, or are there other brands which are just as good for cheaper? I only use IEM for travel/listening to shit in my uni's library.

AKG is my go-to brand, you did good. None of my friends ever listen to me when I recommend it to them though.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3u56ky/would_you_recommend_fiio_e10k_with_hd600650s/cxce2ao

theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

>people actually pay more than $30 on IEMs
>all of the cheaper ones on this page are the disgusting kind where you stick the entire thing in your ear-hole

I guess Im buying Apple IEMs.

best earbud out there: aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/1924356_32417311324.html

Stay go and goes go

Was expecting that

What do you think the "IE" part in IEM means?

My experience with earbuds is that they are either Apple (meaning good) or they are shit.

I guess what I meant are earbuds. I just read the pastebin and assumed that IEM here meant earbuds.

I have these. There's a mini xlr jack on the left side which you plug either of the cables into and the other end has a 3.5mm jack. Comes with a 1/4 inch adaptor that screws on to the 3.5mm end. No Bluetooth.

Sorry, I didnt finish my message. Basically what I am saying is that I haven't had good experience with third party earbuds.

>post reddit
>only one comment obviously posted by you.
>o2 sound the same meme

Its cause you have hearing loss. Find a respectable headphone website where multiple people say its fine and maybe it would sound legit.

> by you
top kek

linustechtips.com/main/topic/305562-amp-and-dac-for-hd-650/

Those are the best earbuds out there right now. I can't really recommend much else desu.

Thanks.

throwback

Requesting Purchase Advice

>Budget
$200 USD. Flexible
>Location
USA
>Source
Lenovo x220 Laptop. Maybe my iPhone.
>Open or Closed
Need headphones that block outside noise, also don't want much noise escaping. So closed I guess?
>comfort level
i would be willing to accept less comfort
>preferred tonal balance
don't care i guess. i listen to electronic music and classical music for the most part.
>past
haven't used headphones in a long time.

thank you for your advice.

Are you willing to get in ear monitors instead of full size headphones? Do these need to to portable?

AKG K550 or K553, V-Moda M100 if you want something durable (will be good for electronic, not sure about classic) and I've also read the MDR 1a are pretty decent with classical.

>Those frequencies will not sound good if you don't have enough power.
That is not how that works. At all.

>the E10K doesn't have enough voltage to drive the headphones to their intended frequency range
All that would happen if you didn't have enough voltage is that you would have a lower than desirable playback level. The voltage output doesn't do remotely the things you say. How would you even come up with that idea?

New thread:

there was a thread already up

This isn't /hpg/, not linked, and made 50+ post previous to bump limit?