Black vs White

>light text on a dark background
>dark text on a light background
What does Cred Forums use when programming?
strawpoll.me/11242586

Dark on light in a properly lit room. Anything else is retarded.

Depends on lightning in the room.

>dark on dark

People who use dark themes aren't real programmers and only use a dark theme because they don't have light fixtures in their mothers basements.

Dark on light if you're in a bright room, light on dark if you're in a dark room

dark on light. It was the default in xterm and I see no reason to change it.

So light at work and dark at home?

I prefer dark on light because I don't run an edgy GTK theme (and a lot of the web just looks like shit with a dark theme) but I usually do a light on dark theme because it doesn't strain my eyes when working with text.

OP here, I prefer dark text on a light background.
My main problem is changing focus from a dark themed editor to a light themed website like stack overflow. It strains my eyes, especially when I'm tired.

How can you program for hours without burning your eyes?

Black text on Pink background.

I make sure the room is well lit and I look away from the screen every now and then.

Dark theme with brightness, contrast and gamma set at lowest master race reporting in

>People who use dark themes aren't real programmers and only use a dark theme because they don't have light fixtures in their mothers basements.
There are hints of hotdog stand in your theme. Might want to check that out.

>light text on a dark background

only idiots do this

70% Good 24 920*1200 IPS screen (like DELL Ultrasharp series)
15% non-white background
15% font zoomed at 125% (for the entire O.S.)

Light text on a light background.

black on white or dark grey on white.

I use dark themes on my editors but I'm considering moving on to light themes because I rely on web stuff that uses light themes. Switching from dark to light all the time doesn't sound healthy.
I also have my lights up all the time so maybe the light themes will be better on my eyes even if I don't like them.

People who enjoy having a bright blob of light sent in the direction of their eyeballs haven't spent enough time in front of a screen to wear glasses.

>black on white
muh nigguh

Don't you enjoy sun?

Not since oracle bought them.

Light gray on dark gray, with varying shades of gray in between

It depends

if im feeling sharp, I use light bg
if im growing tired, dark bg is comfier

I don't go outside unless I have to.

Light themes look better on shitty TN screens, dark themes on IPS screens

Why are Reaper's arms caucasian colored? He's black!