Mac OS 10.12 will drop Core 2 duo CPUs and add ARM support

Mac OS 10.12 will drop Core 2 duo CPUs and add ARM support.
Any Macbook Pro sold before 2011 will no longer get updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Any Macbook Pro sold before 2011 will no longer get updates

Also, any Mac Pro before 2009 will no longer get updates either.

RIP iMac 7,1. I guess seven major OS versions were enough.

Literally supports 2010 MacBook Pros.

apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements

Cucked again by proprietary software!

get fucked op. fuck off back to your MS shilling again.

Finally confirmation!

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro, and they would never give me any help with my support issues. It got so bad I asked them if they dropped support, but they kept avoiding the question saying they valued me, and then kept trying to sell me their new stuff.

------

Dear Apple,

If you going to drop my warranty, support and everything else I paid for as part of the Apple experience. At least clearly define that in your contracts and ELUAs, so I can more accurately gauge if it is worth purchasing. (And yes I did read them all) Because as it stand I don't find it worth the amount paid. Not bad enough for me to think it better to literally burn the money for personal amusement, but certainly not enough for me to give it to you.

Sincerely,
An user on Cred Forums

Correction, iMacs before late 2009.

That's good.

>any Macs before 2014 will no longer get updates

iCucks

Cucked

Again

Apple not supporting old deprecated hardware.

I don't see the problem.

It's only deprecated because apple made sure of it being so, no 3rd party is allowed to continue updating it

Core 2 is more than enough to run that kiddie OS

by that logic linux is a straight baby tier os, and windows is for grown men

Linux - no useful proprietary programs
OS X - most proprietary programs
Windows - almost all proprietary programs

linux = babby confirmed.

Linux - so fucking fast, always
OS X - fast-ish, almost all the time
Windows - Fast the first 3-4 days, then "don't touch the mouse, it's still loading stuff"

While we're on the topic, whats the oldest OS X version that is still reasonable to run on dropped systems?

iMac 9,1 here, so now unsupported. Don't care about features, just software compatibility.

Good thing my MacBook from 2010 is on mavericks. Not planning on upgrading anyways. EL captain was not made for this poor thing.

A lot of programs still support snow leopard or lion even today. Just run the latest your computer can run; that'll be enough for like 10 years.

>using hardware older than 4 years
It's just SAD. Have courage to CHANGE

>Not using computers for 10 years
Enjoy your status symbols and stay poor.

But my MacBook Air 2010 has a Core 2 Duo and supports 10.12, OP.

>Linux
>so fucking fast, always
Lol, I love this meme. Linux is the slowest of the three thanks to Xorg and the poor window compositors.

why doesnt anyone make an ISO of this new OS?

>ARM support
ipad pro that isnt locked to ios here we come

>tfw installed debian with xfce on a space heater with a pentium 4 and fx5200
>tfw silky smooth and boots in 17 seconds

> no 3rd party is allowed to continue updating it
(source: my ass)
OS X isn't iOS, Apple has no control over what 3rd party devs can and can't support

Macbooks will never have full support on anything outside their own because their hardware is not open to the public. If you install something other than OSX on a macbook your GPU will have absolute shit performance because they don't allow people to make proper drivers outside their own. They are doing everything they can to lock you down and make everything suck until just upgrade to a newer laptop. You're right they don't really have control over 3rd party devs, but it will be shit either way.

Windows10 is supported
>/thread

Snow Leopard was the last good OSX.

Bump

>xfce
That's like saying that you installed Windows 2000 and it was silky smooth.

>If you install something other than OSX on a macbook your GPU will have absolute shit performance because they don't allow people to make proper drivers outside their own
False. It can give that impression when you compare that other OS to OS X due to OS X vastly superior GUI performance though, so maybe that's why you're confused. Also Apple doesn't make the GPU as you know, it's Intel/Nvidia/AMD, and you can use standard drivers on Windows or Linux.