video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
tscale=oversample
blend-subtitles=yes

Other urls found in this thread:

apolitech.com/2016/01/how-to-solve-video-tearing-on-amd_12.html
apolitech.com/2016/01/how-to-solve-video-tearing-on-intel.html
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#Performance_tuning
therochesterinsomniac.com/2014/04/07/you-should-never-ever-do-this-but-if-your-going-to-heres-how-killing-yourself/
gist.github.com/igv/2364ffa6e81540f29cb7ab4c9bc05b6b
pastebin.com/q7S5CwA5
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/cb604d5412f0eb87d030d75f5ca44370fdfa26f6
mpv.srsfckn.biz/.
github.com/haasn/gentoo-conf/blob/xor/home/nand/.mpv/input.conf
devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/965802/pascal-cuda-8-0-rc-cudnn-5-1-unexpectedly-slow/
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1777849#post1777849
3.bp.blogspot.com/-wv05mfBisf4/Vrpgn1275jI/AAAAAAAAALs/3tMaRr_TRKc/s1600/Illya+-+all+enhancements+turned+off.png
1.bp.blogspot.com/-S6k4Cru_JJs/VrphhvEy78I/AAAAAAAAAL4/ZgY7p58vGBA/s1600/Illya+-+edge+thinning+%2B+edge+sharpening+x4.png
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/166725
github.com/kevmitch/mpv-autocrop
gist.github.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0
github.com/aidanholm/mpv-easycrop
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
forum.doom9.org/search.php?searchid=7709786
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1778940#post1778940
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/filter_kernels.c#L347
github.com/haasn/interpolation-samples#oversample-smoothmotion
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Interpolation#smoothmotion
github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/issues/3
github.com/haasn/mpv/commits/vulkan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Solving video tearing on ubuntu based distributions:
apolitech.com/2016/01/how-to-solve-video-tearing-on-amd_12.html
apolitech.com/2016/01/how-to-solve-video-tearing-on-intel.html
Why don't they enable it by default?
How do you want that linux and mpv beginners feel comfortable?

>For amd users on linux:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#Performance_tuning

>amd users
Better direct them to this instead: therochesterinsomniac.com/2014/04/07/you-should-never-ever-do-this-but-if-your-going-to-heres-how-killing-yourself/

That's so rude, dude.
Had terrible issues with intel and nvidia too in the past.

>blend-subtitles=yes
why do you guys insist on using this garbage

I saw some weird/complicated graphs in the last thread with so much enthusiasm. Does it mean vulkan is ready to be used to play/render videos?

Haasn said it helps with interpolation...

Were?

Here and on IRC...

not ready yet

What a fucking retard, than I want him to tell me why he is recommending this garbage whenever he comes by

Anybody here uses mpv on OSX? I'm having weird issue with frame dropping when on fullscreen by pressing F but when it's set to fullscreen by the green expand button it's fine...

Hardware should be fast enough, it's T420 with i5 2520m.

Because

> Blend subtitles directly onto upscaled video frames, before interpolation and/or color management (default: no). Enabling this causes subtitles to be affected by --icc-profile, --target-prim, --target-trc, --interpolation, --opengl-gamma and --post-shader. It also increases subtitle performance when using --interpolation.

> The downside of enabling this is that it restricts subtitles to the visible portion of the video, so you can't have subtitles exist in the black margins below a video (for example).

> If video is selected, the behavior is similar to yes, but subs are drawn at the video's native resolution, and scaled along with the video.

> Warning

> This changes the way subtitle colors are handled. Normally, subtitle colors are assumed to be in sRGB and color managed as such. Enabling this makes them treated as being in the video's color space instead. This is good if you want things like softsubbed ASS signs to match the video colors, but may cause SRT subtitles or similar to look slightly off.

I had some doubts!
I hope we could try it before Christmas!

so no reason other than higher performance cost
got you

>higher performance cost
> increases subtitle performance when using --interpolation.

Why dont you ever put lachs0rs windows build link? I tried both and his works better on my machine. I know its not updated as much but its more stable.

>I tried both and his works better on my machine.
How?

No. Sourceforge builds have much better performance and come with everything needed to get set up.

Why does lachs0rs build use d3dcompiler_47 while shinchiro uses 43?

43 is the real one.

noob question here for a noob such as myself. i use livestreamer with mpv and im trying to get twitch and vaughnlive to work (managed to get twitch working but vaughnlive doesnt work) what am i doing wrong here? i also have a friend who streams but but uses his own website (works on vlc if i just copy and paste the website but when i use livestreamer it gives me an error) how do i get that working?

If you don't use it with interpolation, the subtitles will bleed. It's especially noticeable with typeset signs and subtitles that start/end on keyframes.

>works on vlc if i just copy and paste the website but when i use livestreamer it gives me an error
did you not try loading the website with mpv directly

There as an update of the SSSR shader recently.
What are the changes?
gist.github.com/igv/2364ffa6e81540f29cb7ab4c9bc05b6b

You mean the outdated one

Where?
>revised on Aug 8

Oh yes, I thought it was updated because of that "Last active 18 hours ago".

script-opts=osc-vidscale=no,osc-scalefullscreen=1.6,osc-scalewindowed=0.8

Anyone willing to tell me if they have this bug?

the oscwindowed is actually the fullscreen size, and the fullscreen is the windowed size

can use mpv with livestreamer?

yes

yes, I use it with the livestreamer gui, works well.

Why are there so many mpv threads suddenly?
The vulkan port is far away from being usable and I am not sure it will be as good as madvr or mpdn.
Yes they are windows-only and mostly closed-source but they currently perform 1,2 to 3 times faster than mpv. I saw people saying mpv is better for upscaling to 4k and that's just a lie, please don't trust all these shitposters.

>please don't trust all these shitposters

And why should we trust you?

There have always been mpv generals as far as I can remember

>currently perform 1,2 to 3 times faster

Wow you are so full of shit

Don't trust me like a dumbass but please don't trust everything from here and repost shits elsewhere.

Maybe since 4 or 5 months.

NNEDI3 is easily 3 times faster with madVR!

why shouldn't I use mpc-hc when it looks better than mpv and does stuff that mpv doesn't (e.g. when playing chaptered mkvs, when I hover the mouse over the timeline it shows the name of the chapter at that time)?

>NNEDI3 is easily 3 times faster with madVR!
I have no idea about this and am just jumping in but could that be just on Windows? MPV performs pretty shit on Windows.

Use the player that works best for your needs. We arent here to sell you a product.

>It's a (((Not the first post from this IP))) acting like it's his first post theater
To trigger autists like you

>NNEDI3 is easily 3 times faster with madVR!
Who cares? Enjoy your MEMEDI3 shit.

Funny, because mpv looks better than mpc+madvr to me.

it was my first post in this thread, thoguh.

I mean the gui. mpv is very ugly.

How can mpv be ugly when its just the video showing? Anyways you can add a gui if you want. Hell make your very own gui. it's way more flexible than mpc-hc

>I mean the gui. mpv is very ugly.

Yeah cause mpc which bases its UI on WMP 6.4 from Windows 2000 really is the bastion of good looking UI. At least MPV has a nice simple, clean and modern black lua pseudo-gui.

>simple, clean and modern
I hate this trend.

i mean, i don't mind mpv's pseudo-gui, but i'm kind of fond of mpc-hc's admittedly dated aesthetic as well
but at the end of the day the aesthetics are irrelevant because i spend most of the time looking at the video, not the player

If it affects you that much you can always stop using computers or kill yourself to avoid the eventual rape you will commit as an attempt to pass on your shitty autism genetics.

Cred Forums has a nice layout. I'll stay here with you.

will you hold my hand

if you let me, I will

but seriously, it really bothers me that it doesn't show the name of the chapters when I hover the mouse over the timeline. Is there a way to enably it? I don't want to page up/page down until I find the chapter I want.

Does anyone know How to set up SVP 4 in mpv? I've tried doing everything on the website that it tells me to, and the program itself can read the output from mpv, but it does not display 60fps.

Disable hwdec in mpv and add input-ipc-server=mpvpipe to the conf file. That's literally all there is to it

enable*

This didn't work when I did it, but it is possible I fucked something up. I'll try it again.

Ah, you also need a version that supports vapoursynth. The one provided by SVP has it

Does the default MVP not support it?

no idea. I think it doesn't come compiled by default and you'd need to compile it yourself with the flag turned on

well shit, that'd be why. Thanks user.

People who care about the truth!
Jinc upscaling is almost 2 times faster with madVR and the "upscaling to 4K is better with mpv" argument is just a lie.
Hey windows users, don't expect any improvements with mpv, in performance at least.

mpv no longer plays twitch streams for me:

pastebin.com/q7S5CwA5

update youtube-dl

ok it works but I get this message:

[ffmpeg] https: No trailing CRLF found in HTTP header.

Sorry family, don't know about this one, but I get errors like that while playing twitch on the console, but the video works fine.

update your ffmpeg to git too?

use livestreamer and config mpv as media player

did you try opengl-backend=dxinterop?
it should fix your performance issue for 4k upscaling on windows
for me, the jinc luma upscaler from madvr is too slow to handle 4k at all
it works perfectly with mpv and scale=ewa_lanczossharp

>switching entire profile with a key is finally available
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/cb604d5412f0eb87d030d75f5ca44370fdfa26f6

Speaking of which: is it possible to set a keybind so I can change between various tscales? And what about a keybind to disable and enable?

Is tsale=oversample default now?

Pretty sure its mitchell.

Unless they changed it

Just can't see difference between default and oversample, but can see between default and mitchell, but whatever.

>for on/off, you can use cycle in your input.conf like that:
d cycle deband
>to cycle between multiple values, use this:
t cycle-values tscale "linear" "bicubic" "oversample"

>Our apologies, but the repository "rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows" has been deleted. It now lives at mpv.srsfckn.biz/.

>Go to mpv.srsfckn.biz
>Last build 2016-08-26

>Anime retards in charge of literally ANYTHING

thanks my dude

Would something like ULMB on 144Hz gsync monitors make movies less blurry?

He's trolling. mpv doesn't even implement NNEDI3, so there's no way you can compare the performance

there's the shader

Why not bind a key to show-text ${chapters}?

I have that on F9 and it works just fine

The only one I know of is a shitty OpenCL->HLSL->GLSL port which hard-codes all the weights into the fucking shader

It's like an order of magnitude or two slower than it could be. Not mpv's fault

>Yes they are windows-only and mostly closed-source but they currently perform 1,2 to 3 times faster than mpv.
That depends entirely on the quality of your drivers.

With good OpenGL drivers, mpv will perform many times better than madVR. With shitty OpenGL drivers, it will p erform many times slower.

(Vulkan will solve this problem, incidentally, because the main reason OpenGL is so inconsistent across platforms is because of all the driver magic going on behind the scenes. The vulkan renderer should perform well for windows users too)

>That depends entirely on the quality of your drivers.
Considering that there are only 3 vendors you could instead just say:

"With NVIDIA, mpv will perform many times better than madVR. MAD and jewtell a shit"

>blend-subtitles=yes
Absolutely fucking disgusting option. Looks retarded on anything that isn't 16:9 like most videos. Why would anyone even use that crap when it automatically blends the subtitles in with the video when the video/monitor ratio is correct?

That's grossly misrepresenting the reality of things. For example, most mpv performance issues are caused by using ANGLE instead of dxinterop, although on some platforms it's the opposite.

Also, there is the concern of free vs proprietary drivers, which further increases the number of driver implementations you need to consider. Finally, different GPU families from the same vendor can be drastically different, which is triply true for the free drivers.

Finally, ignoring driver overhead, mpv performs much better on AMD GPUs, because AMD GPUs tend to have significantly better computational throughput (which mpv is primarily being bottlenecked by). With the proprietary drivers (at least on Linux) mpv's OpenGL renderer should perform fine.

Anyway, I really wish I could get my hands on one of those fancy AMD cards with a dedicated compute queue, that could greatly improve throughput versus doing it all on a graphics queue, to give AMD users even more power to play with. But the vulkan renderer is still a while away anyhow. For now I expect to be optimizing it pretty much exclusively based around how it performs on the GTX 970, because I don't have any other GPUs..

If we consider everything - proprietary, free, windows, linux, bsd, templeos - NVIDIA has the better OpenGL drivers. Can't comment on the rest you said though, all I can say is that if NVIDIA doesn't have those dedicated compute queues, then maybe they might later? (GTX1180?)

It's for animefags.

>Can't comment on the rest you said though, all I can say is that if NVIDIA doesn't have those dedicated compute queues, then maybe they might later? (GTX1180?)
well what nvidia does instead is have massive pipelining. They expose like 16 graphics queues even though the hardware technically only has one.

I think it's a bit like hyperthreading, allows the GPU to perform useful work on multiple command buffers simultaneously, while waiting for other commands to complete.

AMD on the other hand hardly has any queues, they only expose 1 graphics queue.

How is it better for animefags?

Wouldn't exclusive fullscreen mode be beneficial for mpv and video players in general?

For a movie that isn't in your native resolution like the one you posted how the FUCK is left considered better than right?

epin

Using suboptions is deprecated.

Windows is i3 now. Looping through all open windows and tile them in the active screen. Nice for multi stream.

How can i force subtitles closer to the bottom of the window?

Welcome to weeks ago

r and t

The screenshot I posted is with "Sub position: 100/100", so r and t dont help.

I want to move them further down than that.

mpv goes into exclusive fullscreen mode on windows in some circumstances
the docs say those circumstances are when ontop is enabled and the player is fullscreen, but this isn't always true
i think the dxinterop backend disables (or breaks?) exclusive fullscreen, and some other settings too

>i think the dxinterop backend disables (or breaks?) exclusive fullscreen
which backend enables it?

haven't done extensive testing but i think it only works with the win backend

this is on windows 7, by the way, i have no idea if this is true on anything newer, or if this is even intended behavior or not
looking at some of the issues related to it on github it sounds like this sort of thing is mostly microsoft's fault and it's a bitch for the devs to work with

I dont get it, how can i enable Vulkan support or whatever on MPV? does it have support for any GPU or it must be specific?

I added this to my config but when I go fullscreen it's kind of blocky, like each frame is delayed slightly (incidentally when not fullscreen it seems ok)
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
tscale=oversample
blend-subtitles=yes

scale=spline16

This is in linux on a fairly old laptop. Any suggestions as to maximize performances vs what my shit laptop is actually capable of?

It's not done yet. All you can do is get hype.

Do anyone got problem like stuck when go fullscreen in backend angle?

I'm not sure what you mean, but does --opengl-dcomposition=no fix it?

nope. It can be problem with my driver or current angle git so I want to make sure

nvm..
cscale=ewa_lanczos
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

for some reason these setting cause that problem

Maybe it's freezing during shader recompilation. It should only happen once.

>2016
>felt for tiling
It is late, but better late than never. ;)

Just use this, unfortunately interpolation is too intensive for old laptop.
profile=opengl-hq
deband=no
cscale=spline16
scale=spline16

There is no point in image_size and target_size since pre- and post-shaders were removed.

I always see people shitting out mpv.conf here but never see anyone post their input.conf or any other modification
Post yours, I don't have anything other than mpv.conf and I'm looking into building up another file

Pretty basic
RIGHT seek 2 exact
LEFT seek -2 exact
Shift+RIGHT seek 90
Shift+LEFT seek -90

PGUP playlist-prev
PGDWN playlist-next
MOUSE_BTN7 playlist-prev
MOUSE_BTN8 playlist-next

MOUSE_BTN3 add volume 2
MOUSE_BTN4 add volume -2
+ add volume 2
- add volume -2

Alt+1 set window-scale 0.5
Alt+2 set window-scale 0.8
Alt+3 set window-scale 1
Alt+4 set window-scale 1.5
Ctrl+1 cycle border

Why do you have shortcuts to change window-scale? Is it to test performance or is there a useful thing behing it?

Dear newbie, please retry your shit with dxinterop or kill yourself.
The madshi's renderer is known to have bad performance when upscaling compared to mpv. Even madshi said he will fix this.
However I don't think he will make upscaling more efficient than with mpv.
Please stop shitposting here like this all the time.

github.com/haasn/gentoo-conf/blob/xor/home/nand/.mpv/input.conf

is dxinterop suppose to be faster than win?

The win backend is totally irrelevant and has wrong timings. Dxinterop is much better.

Poor madshi, it seems the nvidia devs don't want to answer.
devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/965802/pascal-cuda-8-0-rc-cudnn-5-1-unexpectedly-slow/

IMO if the subs are timed well I actually prefer them close to the center of the video.

Sure it covers some stuff up, but it means your eye travels that much less distance while watching. Helps keep the reading sub conscious so you can absorb the rest of the scene better.

Looks like cuDNN isn't the only thing that's unexpectedly slow.

nvidia never answers to mpv's bug reports either

So the fuck nvidia by linus was legit!

What?

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, considering that cudnn is so much faster than its closest competitors that 1- none of its competitors are in the same order of magnitude, performance-wise, for any useful metric and 2- every single ml framework with 0 exception is based upon it.

Is Madshi porting the Plum algo for madVR? This couldn't be used in realtime with single GPU!
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1777849#post1777849

This is mine:
MOUSE_BTN0_DBL cycle fullscreen
MOUSE_BTN2_DBL cycle pause
/ screenshot window
RIGHT seek 5
LEFT seek -5
. cycle audio
, cycle sub
ESC quit

They sometimes silently fix shit without responding to forums. Like 10-bit panel color dithering not working properly under linux and vdpau creating artifacts when seeking are working in latest drivers

NVIDIA doesn't pay them for posting on forum.

WTF!!!

3.bp.blogspot.com/-wv05mfBisf4/Vrpgn1275jI/AAAAAAAAALs/3tMaRr_TRKc/s1600/Illya+-+all+enhancements+turned+off.png

1.bp.blogspot.com/-S6k4Cru_JJs/VrphhvEy78I/AAAAAAAAAL4/ZgY7p58vGBA/s1600/Illya+-+edge+thinning+%2B+edge+sharpening+x4.png

Yeah ain't you like shitty deformations?
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/166725

Well nvidia is a gigantic piece of shit jewish company that only cares about profits and fucking over its competitors, what do you expect?

>madVR users will defend this

Am I supposed to say that the "enhanced" image looks worse? The original is blurry

Not related to madVR, it was already the case with ffdshow/avisynth.

>VK
Is she the official vulkan mascot?

Yes, but only with SVP style motion aware interpolation.

I am not a fan of madshi but if he releases a DX12 version of madVR I think mpv has no future on windows. We can count on Microsoft to favorise its own technologie!

What has MS to do with watching videos?

And where is the advantage of DX12? Better performance isn't a deal-breaker when everything that supports DX12 is already beefy enough to play those videos without that boost anyway.

Sure Microsoft will make Vulkan adoption harder and DX12 is simply the future!

>What has MS to do with watching videos?
Windows is still the most used desktop/laptop/htpc operating system.

And? Do they make the codecs? Do they make the graphics drivers?
Unless you use Windows Media Player, MS has nothing to do with you watching your videos.

See the above.

I asked this question in /SQT/ a while back put nobody helped me so I think I try my luck here.

I just installed Bunsenlab-linux for that good old !# feel and I can't seem to make MPV read my config files for it. I placed my old configs to the usual .mpv folder but it didn't read them from there so I tried placing those same configs in ~/.config/mpv/ and still nothing happens. Also both of those directories were not automatically made and I had to manually create them and place all the files in them. I have no idea what is wrong.

Plz help.

It has a huge influence on those. :(

No it doesn't. Also, those 3rd parties who actually relevant have no interest in promoting downgrades to Win10 so they won't just leave the majority of Windows users behind (who have no DX12 support anyway)

>Microsoft has a huge influence on codecs
Absolutely hilarious.

>promoting downgrades to Win10
XD

Same here, I'm confused.

lolno

So you're saying that mpv on Windows using vulkan (via angle) will be better than straight up using DX12?

I can't believe it, angle already makes shit slow.

Isn't angle a translation layer from OpenGL -> DirectX? Why would it use vulkan?

>via angle
huh?

a script for MPV that would allow me to draw a rectangle to crop the video with, would also be great.

But none of the scripts I can find, do that.

>auto crop, crops out black bars
github.com/kevmitch/mpv-autocrop
>custom crop for converting (I just want cropping while video is in playback, don't need converting shit)
gist.github.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0

angle has start of vulkan support for some time now. I read here before that mpv on Windows could use vulkan as soon as angle finishes support for it.

Still, isn't angle a translation layer? Would it be translating Vulkan to DX12? Why not use Vulkan directly?

For graphics cards without Vulkan support like old Intel iGPUs.

Vulkan->ANGLE->DX11 would be better than OpenGL->ANGLE->DX11

You're in luck,
github.com/aidanholm/mpv-easycrop
You could've just searched for 'crop' in
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
though.

>slow
*fast (fixed it for you)

_O_

idk man I'm not smart and dont keep track of these things.

I don't think angle take in vulkan, only output opengl and make it d3d* & soon vulkan so it would be opengl -> angle -> vulkan
no dx12 in sight and still taking in opengl.

angle is slow, dxinterop makes angle look like a a fucking wheelchair user.

>Pressing c again will undo the current crop.
but it doesn't!

>opengl -> angle -> vulkan
haasn is working on native Vulkan output, there won't be any need for ANGLE layer for that

Report an issue? It worked properly when I tried it (although there's been a few commits since).

ANGLE technically has a vulkan backend, however I think is just confused

I think the point is having ANGLE translate OpenGL -> Vulkan, not Vulkan -> DX12

But I could be wrong

So the question should be would OpenGL->Vulkan is better than OpenGL->DX11

How do you set up NNEDI with the current version of MPV? What about usershaders?

do I need to do something to get the best performance and picture quality or is it perfect as it is?

>high-end scaling preset

I have a shitty AMD Radeon 7400M and I have performance issue with 1080p files with interpolation, I use autospeedwin to switch the display framerate and I really like interpolation with oversample.
Unfortunately dxinterop doesn't work and win backend produces weird/choppy playback.
Is my GPU compatible with Vulkan? Will it help?

The last post of madshi is about mpv...
forum.doom9.org/search.php?searchid=7709786

>Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
Wrong link??

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1778940#post1778940

>update MPV
>now I can't drop a video file on MPV to play it
it used to work..

>7400M
It has old Terascale arch, AMD only supports GCN arch for Vulkan and DX12

github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
Download shader, add
opengl-shaders="your_path/nnedi3-nns32-win8x4.hook"

Then you are doing something wrong.

>expecting linux software to have a reliable gui file picking mechanism

I like to watch some youtube videos/streams on my second monitor, and since some of them are just people talking to a camera i scale them down since I don't need the details and have other windows open. For some reason scaling from a corner doesn't keep the aspect ratio on my DE so I use shortcuts.

I just read the docs and realized I can use this as well
Alt+- add window-scale -0.1
Alt++ add window-scale 0.1

I guess some geometry could be useful as well to get consistent sizes across different resolution sources.

>drag file onto MPV
>get that icon
>release
>nothing happens
it used to work before I updated.

Which OS? Which build?

pic related, windows

Your file is corrupt..

> windows
Which version? Works fine on W10, also post config

You should use builds from: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

What's the difference?

How do I make my seekbar look like this

Not old and don't have shitty performance.
Try it I bet it works fine.

>Build from 26th August
>Build from < 19 hours ago

no it isn't

Besides the time of compilation

>vulkan port
>port
m8

>high end scaling
>lanczos
not heard of jinc huh

still, can't drop files onto it

nvm, found the problem
>if you have MPV set to run as admin, you can't drop files onto it
WTF?

oh, hi retard

Ewa_lanczos is a jinc based scaler!

Look at this:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/filter_kernels.c#L347

How is using tscale=oversample considered "smoothmotion", while regular interpolation (with mitchell scaling) isn't? Mitchell looks smoother (and blurrier) than oversample, while oversample only helps to get rid of judder really. If anything I'd say mitchell scaling classifies more as smoothmotion than oversample. Assuming the OP is correct of course.

script-opts=osc-seekbarstyle=bar,osc-layout=bottombar

oversample removes judder in 24fps videos when running on a 60hz monitor. If you set your monitor to 72Hz or any integer multiple of 24fps than tscale=oversample does nothing. The other tscales actually try to smoothen the stutter of the low framerate

Yes, I realize that. That's why I don't think oversample should be called "smoothmotion". So I guess the OP is just wrong?

github.com/haasn/interpolation-samples#oversample-smoothmotion

thank

The point is that it isn't smooth at all

Clicking through to github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Interpolation#smoothmotion it seems that it's only called smoothmotion there because it's removing judder. However, all interpolation techniques remove judder, so oversample isn't any more smoothmotion than mitchell. So smoothmotion shouldn't be used to describe a particular tscale.
It's comparing it to no interpolation, not different interpolation scalers. I don't think the OP's categorization of oversample being more smoothmotion than mitchell is correct.

>responding to trolls
>trolls

‘smoothmotion’ is a madVR term

When will madshi release a new madvr? It seems it's declining for the benefit of mpv.

why are we using madvr's terms?

I think it's because he was the first one to name this algorithm.

However MPDN named it FluidMotion!

Don't ask me, ask mpv calls it “oversample”

It's essentially for previous madVR users!

Is there a way to prevent showing cmd windows at startup with autospeedwin? It's so annoying!
github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/issues/3

>mpv is open source
>madvr isnt

And thats bad how?

If only it were called oversample in mpv

yes, use linux

>github.com/haasn/mpv/commits/vulkan
>vulkan tmp 7
>615 additions and 189 deletions
We can stop him, he is insane! Is it a robot?

*can't

Help! How do I switch profiles on Windows? :(

How to know exactly if madVR or mpv is faster?

They're pretty much identical. They "steal" each others work and make different implementations, but the end result is pretty much the same.

The big difference is that mpv is open source, MadVR is closed source. MadVR only supports Windows, while mpv supports all modern operating systems. Also mpv is more active than MadVR is in terms of adding new features and improving.

How exactly do you report bugs for sourceforge builds?

the OSC keeps on using the wrong size whenever it's on fullscreen and windowed mode, if you do use osc-scalefullscreen=1.6,osc-scalewindowed=0.8

I miss bitbucket builds, even the updater was more comfortable use.
>(via angle)
What?

#Basics
ENTER cycle fullscreen #fullscreen/unfullscreen
f cycle fullscreen
KP_ENTER cycle fullscreen
F9 show-text "${playlist}" #show playlist
q cycle ontop # keep mpv window on top of others
SPACE cycle pause; show-text ${filename} # toggle pause and show filename
ESC quit-watch-later # quit
c cycle border #no-border cycle
Shift+ESC run mpv ${path}; quit_watch_later #restart the player with the same file
#Useful for whenever you are editing your .conf files

#Audio
MOUSE_BTN3 add volume 2
MOUSE_BTN4 add volume -2
UP add volume 2
DOWN add volume -2
+ add volume 2
- add volume -2

#Video
AXIS_RIGHT seek -5
AXIS_LEFT seek 5
n playlist-next; write-watch-later-config #Next file
b playlist-prev; write-watch-later-config #Previous File
i cycle interpolation
S screenshot # take a screenshot
s screenshot video # ...without subtitles
Alt+1 set window-scale 0.5 #50% zoom / Half Size
Alt+2 set window-scale 0.7 #70% zoom / "Original"
Alt+3 set window-scale 1.0 #100% zoom / "Original"
Alt+4 set window-scale 2.0 #200% zoom / Double Size

#-Youtube
ctrl+r cycle_values video-rotate "90" "180" "270" "0"
ctrl+a cycle_values video-aspect "16:9" "16:10" "4:3" "2.35:1" "-1"
ctrl+A cycle_values audio-normalize-downmix "no" "yes"
ctrl+f vf toggle mirror
ctrl+m cycle_values af format=channels=1.0 format=channels=2.0
ctrl+y cycle_values af volume=5 volume=0 #Amplify the audio by the #
L cycle-values loop "inf" "no" # toggle infinite looping

#-Subs
u cycle-values ass-style-override "force" "strip" "yes"

#Script binds
TAB script_binding stats/display_stats
ctrl+TAB script_binding stats/display_stats_toggle

#Downloading with youtube-dl or wget
ctrl+d show_text "Downloading ${filename}..."; run youtube-dl "${path}" -o ~/Videos/%(title)s.%(ext)s #download file youtube-dl

I like the projector features of madVR and I am not really annoyed by closed source software as I am on windows, use proprietary drivers and play games.

Report that on mpv's github

Where's the GUI?

Where's the basic nonweeb conf?

The presets in the OP are general-purpose. They aren't specially designed for weebs.

I'm on Windows. I press S and it says "Error Writing Screenshot."

What do I do to make it work?

I believe that bug has already been reported on github.

read the console output

How many files do you have in your watch_later folder?