I present you the best operating system

I present you the best operating system.
Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux#Principles
biodegradablegeek.com/2008/12/gentoo-sucks-ubuntu-doesnt/
journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2003/09/08/why-debian-sucks/
reallylinux.com/docs/ubuntusuck.shtml
reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/2j8tvz/i_hear_all_these_things_about_how_ubuntu_sucks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OMG you're right gonna install it right now brb

Shit userbase.

its shit

Anyone got the Arch Linux redpill?

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
Enjoy.

Why should I use arch for my laptop instead of Ubuntu + gnome?

Serious question. I'm a gamedev so I have two drives in my laptop, one for Windows for testing and development on Windows and one for Ubuntu for normal use.

Actually speaking if which I wish I could move all of my development to Linux, but I havent found a good visual studio replacement yet.

To find a way to waste your time.
You will never dev a game again if you install Arch

Gentoo is better

I've never personally used arch, but a co-worker does. It does seem like he spends 20℅ of his time fighting his OS, then claims it's superior because it does what he wants and looks and acts a certain way. I don't know how people are ok working like that, it's not productive at all.

>it's not productive at all.

That's it , if you are bored in your home and don't have anything better to do , install Arch , otherwise dont do it

..said the guy from Cred Forums.

WTF I love arch now.

If there's a better distro than Arch, I haven't found it yet.

I am sensing your credentials involves watching movies and posting on Cred Forums.

How can I expect any real professional response to this when all of you use your Linux system for shitty server tasks, and more GUI environments.

Modular Linux. Well... I think you should get a job you unemployed freeloader.

It is time to stop. I do not give a shit about what operating system you use. Can you please shut the fuck up over it.

Nonfree binary blobs.

Oh no, another operating system thread.

What the fuck is this shit. Measure your virtual dick on Cred Forums?

If you can do statistical analysis of the world's popular and then remove those with healthy brains, you would have the Cred Forums community as a whole.

Bunch of retards who fuck around with topics that are so useless that it brings enjoyment to the IQ impaired.

its a broken ubuntu targeted at people who for some unknown reason dont want to use gentoo

How will Archfags defend this?

arch just werks, i agree. i use it too.

but i would love to see a fork without systemd. right now systemd is consolidating too many things.

void is also nice

>the only pic worth representing arch and its userbase hasn't been posted yet
I expected better.

>Find a flaw.
it's a life taker and heart breaker.

systemd

A broken ubuntu...

At this point broken has completely had its meaning changed by retards who believe unstable means broken.

Every time you open up to us on the Internet, you physically create brain cancer in the upper lobe section. Kinda near the nublus eye translates.

/thread

HOLY KEK EVERYONE READ THIS
>archfags hopes and dreams: GONE

Arch is Gentoo for babies. Get a real OS you fag

You know what works?
>The employed red hat Linux administrators.

Repeat after me: "Mom, I have tried to get a job, but everyone else beats me when I submit my shitty resume"

>Link is submitted
>Positive "Look at this shit" reply

KYS you useless cunt.

>in the upper lobe section.
retard, it's parietal temporal frontal occipital or insular, there's no such a thing as an upper lobe

next time you try and be smart, close the internet or something

install gentoo

Gentoo is superior in every way.

holy crap cheesus

are you on your period?

So use Windows? Red Hat Linux? OpenSuse? You know... Any operating system that is configured to run OOB.

Employed people these days. Only they plan to maximize each and everyday.

But don't get me wrong. I too wish I could waste hours on explaining to others who one operating system is better then another.

>I use Windows
>I use Linux(xubuntu)

No one fucking cares what you use.

If not being a fucking morn is being on a woman's menstruationcycle then no.

I am a guy. It is simple logic for those who simply cannot process real life that everyone regardless of sex get periods.

>You fucking clown.
Fuck off to DOS you cunt.

You're the flaw

Did you even fucking read the terms and condition of Cred Forums.

Come back in 6 years cunt.

better package manager

Is that it? I don't care about the package manager. What an autistic fucking thing to choose an entire OS over

Explain the precise benefits on using this package manager over any other?

I am waiting for this reply. It will tell me if you're at all intelligent or a typically fucking retard.

:)

Use a fucking OS which

>You like
>Runs on your hardware
>Cred Forums hates

It seems the unemployed and the employed people are worlds apart in the IQ section.

Nigga I asked for reasons why, and you gave the most autistic reason possible. Now that you've seen my reaction you respond with "I like it" - okay, but why is it your favorite? Obviously more than the fucking package manager you sperg

I spent much more time fighting Ubuntu than I did fighting Arch. At the moment Arch is pretty stable and hardly ever do you get any kind of problems. I'm problem free for a good few months now, just running aliased pacman -syu every 1-3 days. Ubuntu is very poorly maintained and if you are autist like me you will have to do crapload of shit just to workaround small annoying bugs that Ubuntu devs leave unfixed for months. This is not a problem with Arch due to vanilla packages, which means as soon as devs fix any issue it is in Arch.
Other than that Ubuntu gnome was never good in general due to shitty release cycle that forced Ubuntu users to stay on old gnome for months or compile from source. I would rather use Fedora if I wanted gnome (I don't).

not autistic, apt can't even find telegram

pacman -U treats a tar like a package
Lots of packages
If the packages aren't in the normal repos, it will be in AUR

These are a couple of reasons, there are many more.

Depends on who you ask. Idiots will try defending it. Others like me support this though. A system based technical desicions results in also being easier to manage it if you know what you're doing.

>Idiots will try defending it. Others like me support this though.

>People die if they are killed.
Okay, I goof'd a bit there. I suppose you can figure out what I meant, right?

triggered much. does the fact that arch's biggest flaw is it's user base make you angry? That and

I have never ever ever had DEP HELL on arch the past 8 years..Whereas i see it in the fglt and sqt every other hour.

You dont have a dep hell because Arch bloats your system up. Dependencies aren't optional.

ENABLE
ALL
FLAGS!!!

Deps are clearly optional, and stated upon installation

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux#Principles
Enjoy.

>That's an unprotected page on the wiki, not an authoritative source on
anything to do with the distribution.

Complete shit. It's like that for the first week or so, then it's fine.

I'm running a GPU that until recently wasn't supported in the Linux kernel or Mesa, a Windows dual boot and triple monitors and I'm still not running into major roadblocks like you describe.

Hell, even setting up a GPU passthrough VM (which is neither necessary nor recommended), which was total misery, was not the kind of long term bug fixing slog you describe, it was a single five hour session.

I don't really consider butthurt package maintainers a threat any distro needs my defense against.

>"pretty" stable

dropped

Cred Forums is the shit userbase, this board specifically.

Autistic fedoras from Cred Forums who dont actually understand the point of Arch going all over the internet and sperging ruined the entire distro.

>"Hi Ubuntu forums! How do I use x piece of software?"
>"You should install Arch Linux. Fuck noobuntu lolz. Arch Linux let's you be soooo customized lol. it basically let's you build it from the ground up! It's so minimalist haha but it isnt for everybody. Noobs don't apply rofl. (But I started with Arch as my first linux distro last week so I guess I'm gifted lolz but you shouldn't try that haha but install Arch but it's hard to use for noobs but install arch haha)"
>"Wow, OP here. I guess when I heard all Linux users were autistic, I should have listened. Reinstalling Windows."

There is no "best" OS.
They're all shit.
Some may be more tolerable than others, but it doesn't change the fact that every OS in existence sucks ass.

Ummm. You're wrong. Gentoo is the best...

That being said, I do use Arch.

gay logo
gay users
systemd
GNU cancer

I don't know why I laughed at this.

the users/developer overlap
developers should never be this autistic

Here comes the anti-systemd circlejerk.
And what's the problem with having GNU stuff in your OS?

I still don't know what the actual point of Arch is.

As stated, it's not minimalism and it's not user choice. The purpose isn't to keep your package count down; that's just a side effect of fuck tons of packages other distros leave separate getting merged into one package.

Is there a point to Arch?

Make teenagers feel hardcore?

>Arch
>vanilla packages
kek

No, not really. It's just a dumb meme.

The worst part is that it's like a cancer so the tards who fell for the Arch meme start producing for the AUR under the assumption everyone is running the same shitty Arch environment

Ok so in all honesty, what's a good alternative to arch?
I've been using antergos for a few months now and I haven't really had any issues with it at all. Everyone says that debian has outdated packages and I don't have the time or interest to install and configure Gentoo.
Are there any other distros I should consider or should I just stick with antergos?

What's the point of Debian, Ubuntu, Open Suse, Slackware, etc? Not only do they suck, they don't even try to explain why they exist.Let's get rid of them and stop fragmenting Linux.

The point is that it only comes with the things you actually *need* for the OS to be functional.Everything else is added by the user.

There are many OSs like this, but the largest advantage to Arch is the package manager and the AUR.

See, the way this works is that in most distros, they put 99% of software you'll ever want in the official repos, then the 1% niche gay software nobody ever uses goes in unofficial repos.

In Arch, 35% of the software you'll ever want goes in the official repos and 45% (half of which is meme tiling window managers nobody uses) goes in their unmaintained insecure git wrapper install script repository, and Archfriends defend it.

"Dude, install Arch! AUR is so great!"

pls

I'm not going to say that Arch is better than anything, but it works for me. So who cares?

read >It has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare
>compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional
>whenever possible.

E
N
A
B
L
E
ALL
F
L
A
G
S

biodegradablegeek.com/2008/12/gentoo-sucks-ubuntu-doesnt/

How about we make an OS that just comes with everything already installed? That way, we won't have to bother with silly package managers anymore.

Absolutely shitty dodge. Three of those distros listed are older than Arch, and all of them actually give reasons for their own existence. Since nobody else has given an actual reason, I guess there is this?

journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2003/09/08/why-debian-sucks/

reallylinux.com/docs/ubuntusuck.shtml

The AUR is a meme. See Meanwhile the package manager is slower than many and doesn't offer any features over others, while offering less than some. If you're referring to the actual style of packages being managed in the repository itself, they're all bloated as fuck and include random unnecessary libraries and dependencies, instead of giving you the option of not including them.

reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/2j8tvz/i_hear_all_these_things_about_how_ubuntu_sucks/

But in Arch 99% is in the official repo.
But the AUR has everything and more, than say for example, all those zillions of ubuntu PPAs all over the interweb.

nice trips but here's a fix

>this board specifically
I browse many boards. Cred Forums is tame, count your blessings, because you could have ended up as Cred Forums or maybe even /biz/

Boring office stuff like spread sheets: Red Hat, CentOS
Gaming and noobs general: Ubuntu
Entry-level coding: Debian
Reale serious coding, top-end server stuff and hacking: Arch

is arch linux better than debian?

>The size of the installation media
C'mon Corky, I'll throw Finding Nemo on and you can watch that while the other children pretend to be informed.

No. It's worse than gentoo.

Yes, it triggers faggots all over the world.

i was never able to install gentoo. how the fuck do you install it? using the 3rd iso?
i was only able to run it via the live cd

Chroot. You didn't miss anything special, desu.

RTFM

Nioce. Updiddlyooted.

Reminder that Arch users only have a small package count because on Arch a package includes everything, docs, source headers and whatnot. On Arch, a package is 10 times more huge than a normal package on, let's say Debian.

C'mon Corky, I'll throw Finding Nemo on and you can watch that while the other children pretend to be informed.

Uh, the user was pointing out that the size of the ISO has no impact on the size of the installed system. You can install Arch or Gentoo with an Ubuntu installer btw.

sudo pacman -Syu

where do you get these numbers from?
I agree that the official repos are smaller than say debian, but that rarely results in people having a 35/45? (did you mean 44/56?) split.
For me, it resulted in ~10-15 packages (including the helper), none of which were critical to the system and thus very easy to track the changes in the script.
For me that results in less than 5% of my software coming from unofficial sources.
Obviosly it is not as secure as having a maintainer sign the package and having an automated build system that then delivers the software, but as I see it, it is a way to easily fetch and compile software you would otherwise have to hunt down yourself.
It is not better or worse than that.

the best OS is linspire

autism

(tm)

>Obviosly it is not as secure as having a maintainer sign the package
Arch never makes any claims about security through the AUR, however they DO advise checking the source urls and checksums of the components in every pkgbuild. It's a pretty secure process if you do what they advise instead of ham fisting and using a helper in a hap-hazard manner.

That's a pretty sweet wallpaper, can I ask for a sauce pls?

This topic has been discussed to death and the consensus is:

>Noob
Ubuntu
Mint
Debian

>Intermediate
Fedora
CentOS

>Professional / Expert / Hardcore Hacker:
Arch
Gentoo

>Teenage edgelord.
>Arch
ftfy

>Find a flaw.
I probably don't know how to set it up.

Arch is definately one of the most comfiest distro ever. 10/10

This

>pacman

actual trash.

At least it's better than A Piece of Turd (APT)

Portage > (Zypper = pacman = dnf) > 50ft. pile of shit > apt-get

Rolling release distro which tries to stick to upstream as much as possible.

>Portage
Written in python, automatically disqualified.

why would you use arch when ubuntu just werks

reminder that arch has systemd now

if you want something different then use gentoo

or alternatively bsd

Are you being serious or you just collected a few buzzwords and jammed them into one shitpost?

>Le pythons bad meme

Rewrite it in C you neet shitstain.