What do you use your old CRT monitors for, Cred Forums?

What do you use your old CRT monitors for, Cred Forums?

I never had and don't have any

for throwing out

color depth isnt worth having a 100watt heater in the same room and not being able to move it because your back is paralyzed

I have one sitting on my desk, don't use it much but it's connected to my dos/win98 retro rig
>I never had
fuckoff underage fag

I use them to pad the bin. I only really had one decent one at home, a Trinitron, but they really don't last that long.

I haven't had one in years

I'm sorry that I'm not over 30 years old you faggot

im 27 and after i into'd i used CRTs for at least 10 years before lcd were mainstream

Playing my Dreamcast.

LCD monitors got mainstream about 10 years ago, so you are either a kid or got a computer in your late teens, both make you a faggot.

playing pong

would love if there was a more practical way to exploit the glimmer properties of the screen

I don't use mine because I'm not a contrarian faggot.

IIT CRTs are outdated.

Finally something we can a/g/g/ree on

>I'm sorry that I'm not over 30 years old you faggot
It seems as if you're aging quite fast, already having forgotten basic grammar rules, fresh out of school.

Use a comma to set off parenthetical elements. An absolute phrase is always treated as a parenthetical element, as is an interjection. An addressed person's name is also always parenthetical.

Hint: The comma goes before "you faggot".

>spreading lies on the Internet

They are still superior to non ips screens in everything except for power consuption and have faster response time and refresh rate than most ips.

dos/win98se computer

Win 98 gaming machine

Bait

I'm 20 and I used CRTs.

When my 4 sony trinitons my grandpa gave me got replaced by LCD's in around 2010, we took them out to his range, and had a blast shooting them from a distance.

Mine are currently sitting on my garage until I decide to fix the VGA connections.

In case all my monitors mysteriously die and I need one

8/10

this actually triggers the fuck out of me
those trinitons sell for a good price, but instead you and your redneck grandpa shot them up. bravo.

not having to pay $200+ dollars for an IPS panel that breaks every 2 years with less color vibrancy.

Accepting CRT donations for academic purposes. We use them while conducting Visual Psychophysics experiments in our laboratory.

My last one died 10 years ago
It was a big one, at least 35kg for a 19"
I was really sad because at the time I hated flat screen for some reason

I picked up a Dell VX1120 for like $5 and I ditched my QHD Korean screen for it because I genuinely prefer it. Made in 2000, 2048x1536@75hz, no "native" screen resolution so no scaling issues, and better contrast/black levels than an LCD. Plus, 4:3 makes way way waayyyy more sense for web browsing and shitposting than widescreen; fucking every website is designed with a 1280x1024 monitor in mind.

I wouldn't say it's perfect for everyone, but CRT as a technology was abandoned for all the wrong reasons and I think everyone should be mad about it. Here's to OLED though, I hope.

I have a Sony WEGA TV for retro game consoles

Other than that I have no use for CRT monitors

how to use imac g3 as monitor?
that's the only thing i have CRT

just so you know artists, movie studios and color graders have been scrambling to buy up Sony monitors for like seven years

You would have had to never touch a computer until about 2005 for that to be possible. Either you're backwoods or 12.

So you are saying I shouldn't throw out my Sony Multiscan 300sf?

They won't be outdated until we get OLED. LCD still has some major flaws, so depending on what qualities you prioritize, CRT might still be objectively the best for some people.

Still my primary monitor