Apparently my 3GHz Core2 Duo is not cool enough for Youtube at 720p and 60 frames

Apparently my 3GHz Core2 Duo is not cool enough for Youtube at 720p and 60 frames.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Clear_Video
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9#Hardware_encoding.2Fdecoding_support
youtube.com/watch?v=sLprVF6d7Ug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i noticed, i have a t400. The first time I went on youtube I was like what the shit.

I have the exact same problem with my C2D OC'd to 3GHz
>can run crysis
>can barely run youtube or modern websites

What about that video card.

Are you using the integrated Intel GMA 4500?

>Thinking that's bad
Check out my Core Duo
>GPU acceleration only works in chrome on this machine
>GPU (FireGL V5200 from 2005) doesn't support h264 in hardware

Yes.

because most modern mid-range laptop CPUs now have iGPUs with hardware accelerated video playback.

1080p 60fps playback with 2% CPU usage on a 15w low power i3 mobile CPU.

Apparently my 10 year old CPU can't play 4k videos. How do I fix it? I've tried all media players but even mpv which Cred Forums speaks so highly of can't play 4k videos without stuttering. Please help.

I have the same setup on a machine, using firefox with the forced GPU acceleration enabled
There's probably nothing you can do except
- watch in 480p
- watch with an external player like mpv
The GMA4500 supports h.264 in hardware, but probably not in 60fps
Newer intel CPUs support quicksync (much better video HW de/encoder on the CPU itself, has nothing to do with the intel gpu)

>(much better video HW de/encoder on the CPU itself, has nothing to do with the intel gpu)

You don't know what you're talking about.

All video acceleration is done by the GPU. and the GPU is on the same die as the CPU, so not really sure what you mean by
>on the CPU itself

Here is some basic information on the upcoming kabylake iGPU.

Wrong, there is a reason why you can use Quicksync even if the iGPU is disabled
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video
What you're thinking of is intel clear video, which was what older intel GPUs used
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Clear_Video

I have a shitty old P4@3GHz and all shit work on youtube. Get a gpu...

>60 frames

Then stop aiming for meme specs retard.

What do you mean "even if the iGPU is disabled". It's still using the iGPU its just not outputting through the iGPU...

The fixed function media decoders are located physically on the GPU logic of the die, not the CPU cores.

Most 720p YouTube videos are now only 60fps

VP9 doesn't have HW acceleration.

For everyone in this thread: use firecock to browse youtube. Cuckzilla is so busy with SJW activities that it still hasn't added VP9 video stream support to its SJW browser so it will default to ancient H264 which should either have HW decoding support on your machine or your old CPU should have enough raw power to decode it alone.

A fixed function media encoder/decoder is literally just an ASIC built into the die. In this case it's GPU logic and it resides in the iGPU on the CPU die.

It's not using the CPU cores because it's an ASIC.

The edge browser also supports VP9.

Edge is irrelevant. Anyway I'm just saying that using that SJW browser is beneficial to people using old computers.

>VP9 doesn't have HW acceleration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9#Hardware_encoding.2Fdecoding_support

the chrome web browser doesnt support it however, only firefox or Edge.

Ok yeah but though thread is dedicated to the poorfags still using old computer systems which lack a VP9 CPU or GPU decoder. Most people in this thread have to software decode VP9 so either they use the SJW browser or they overclock their pentium 4s to 20GHz

I'm pretty sure chrome uses windows media foundation, just like firefox

Then why can I playback a 4k 60fps youtube video in firefox at ~5% CPU use but in chrome i'm at ~60% CPU use?

>a google's website performing worse in a google's browser
obviously, the problem is you.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLprVF6d7Ug

Play this video at 8k. Let it buffer if your internet is shit.

Try it in chrome and watch your CPU use, then try it in firefox, if you have a GTX 960/950, or GTX 1060/1070/1080, or RX 480/470 it should playback smoothly in firefox but have massive CPU load in chrome.

try another browser?

PC refurbisher are giving away second gen Pentium cpus for very little now.

Those play 1080p just fine.

this, the sjw browsers defaults to h264 youtube video so even your laptop from 2005 should now be able to play youtube video.

My core2duo macbook does just fine, about 60% cpu

H264 video maybe. Not VP9 which is used in most browsers now.

The 4k mode works fine on my windows tablet with IE11, nice