MacBook air 11"

Is this the most comfy laptop out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/uk/Notebooks/ASUS_EeeBook_X205TA/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not close to even the best macbook

Needs 4 more inches.

Wrong board, fags

hah

really though I wouldn't be surprised if apple discontinued the air model. the newest retina is already thin enough and for everything else like browsing the internet, answering emails and the occasional shitposting on Cred Forums there's the ipad

Oh look, it's another fake moderator.
Have fun pretending you can tell us what to do!

/thread

11 is too small, air is too shit

13' retina pro is GOAT

>those bezels
what the fuck

Been running a refurb 11" c2d the last 5 years. Replaced the trackpad out of warranty for $60 once and that's the only problem I've had with it. Will probably replace it with whatever refurb is sitting on the site next year. Good laptop

>discontinuing the most popular Apple laptop by far
Not going to happen until the new Retina model costs the same as the MacBook Air.

I like my 13, it's super comfy while laying down.

What do you use it for? Do programs like Photoshop and Chrome work smoothly?

I have a c2d one too, but 13". Truly the GOAT laptop, durable as fuck, thin and light as fuck but with more than one USB port, and still fast for almost everything. Been thinking about replacing it because of having just 4 GB of RAM and the battery capacity decreasing too, but it's still so good for most things I do I can't really justify buying another one and I keep postponing the purchase.

Not him, but similar laptop here: Don't know about Photoshop, but Chrome still works fine and smoothly. I have a more modern (i5 I think, 8 GB) Windows laptop at work and I can't notice the difference when browsing the web. This thing also still runs things like heavy Java IDEs (IntelliJ) just fine, although some others like Xcode choke a little bit. The biggest issue for me is the RAM size. Also it's possible that Apple with drop support for it on the next OS X.

Admittedly I'm not a power user doing anything heavy duty. Just excel and email for business (market vegetable garden), Firefox with ublock/umatrix for web (I'm weirdly obsessed with having a bookmarks sidebar so I've stayed with FF since I switched from IE waay back in the day), 720p movies play fine. itunes runs like shit, but over time I've kind of offloaded that to spotify on my phone plugged into the stereo.

this has been my exact same experience. I'm in the habit of running hardware until catastrophic failure not worth fixing before I replace it. I had a 3GS from like 2011 until this spring when the headphone jack died. BIG problem if I can't have music and podcasts in the field

Is that your field? Looks really nice :)

the 13" version is, yes

Fucking hell look at those huge bezels

Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh.

11" might go, 13" is likely to stay as the "cheap" mac.

Nope, the XPS 13 wins by a huge mile.

13" mbp now or wait for the upgrade?

There is literally 0 reason to have this instead of a similarly sized tablet

That isn't a 17" MacBook Pro with 1920x1200 screen.

I laughed my ass off when they got rid of the only MBP worth buying.

>those clownhueg bezels

no, it isn't made of plastic and doesn't squeak like a piece of chink trash.

>MBP worth buying.
Good joke.

>that giant keyboard bezel
Literally top fucking kek.

Screen was nice and was made out of more aluminum than a small car.

It was 2012 fuck off. Look at the screen, it's tits.

>tn
>Comfy

What is the point lads?

It can't do anything apart from shitpost, so why not just get a cheapo windows one like this asus.com/uk/Notebooks/ASUS_EeeBook_X205TA/.

Comfy on your lap as it gives you testicular cancer?

now, you don't want that shitty keyboard

wtf didn't know macfags were this naive

BUY THE AIRPOD EARPIECES NOW WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

SO MAGICAL

If you want a breadknife as a laptop, sure

13 inch air is the best

nearly as light as the newest macbook but has more power, better keyboard, ports, etc

the screen is also fine and it has the best battery. 13 inch air is goat

I've always wanted to own a mac of some kind just because I never have, but the cost and the culture keeps me away.

Is there any good resources where I might be able to save a couple hundred?

No. 15 inch or bust.

no, fuck off

The screen was fine but not great when it was released more than four years ago, but it's inexcusable on a high end laptop that is still being sold new.

And I own one, from 2013. Still an amazing laptop but I'd probably get the MacBook today just for the screen.

Thinkpad x220 is better

>Core M 6Y30, snappy performance with fanless build
>3200x1800 QHD Display
>1.2kg

>pic related
try harder macfags

I'm using it for 3 years now, it's ok. I might buy the Macbook 12 to replace it.

>Winblows
No thanks

running debian on mine

Close but no cigar OP.

>Linblows
no thanks

If it had one more port it would be a great machine. Having to use a dongle so you can charge while using a peripheral is a no-go for me.

What are you plugging into the USB?

My phone (app development), external storage like a hard disk, also a mouse which works perfectly and I'm not interested in replacing.

Is that an actual product? It seems like the screen could be at least 2 inches larger without making the computer bigger.

Nice field dude.
Looks like you're doing really good work here.
Keep working hard, you're the one feeding the mankind, whereas we are useless behind our computers.

a Clevo-P651RP6
>VR Ready

>these bezels
holy shit. Kill it

Hey guys

>only 300 battery charge cycles
>all Mac laptops have 1000
No thanks, I don't want to replace my laptop battery after a year of usage.

>WINDOWS

I want Asus UX306

>tfw in October Apple will ruin all the laptop lineup by going USB-C only
Should I buy the MacBook Air before Apple screws it up?

I love mine

x200 has more comfy points

jesus, are you able to turn those leds off or are you forced to stare at them the entire time?

>If it had one more port it would be a great machine. Having to use a dongle so you can charge while using a peripheral is a no-go for me.

Take advantage of wireless connectivity.

black electrical tape

Nah I'll just buy a different Mac.

Had both the 2006 model and the 2011.
Both still work.
RIP 17"

>dat bezel

>dat battery charge cycles

>not owning a 13" Dell XPS
>Not owning a 13" laptop with the footprint of an 11" laptop

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.