Linux breaks all the time lol I use Windows because it just works

>Linux breaks all the time lol I use Windows because it just works

Windows is just a meme at this point.

Pic related was accomplished by just letting my computer sit for more than 20 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/895902/geforce-drivers/blue-screen-dxgmms2-sys/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reflector
itvision.altervista
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500
mmstickman.wordpress.com/linux/why-linux-reasons-why-i-dislike-windows-why-linux-is-awesome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/895902/geforce-drivers/blue-screen-dxgmms2-sys/

Nvidia related problem seems to be.

This is a laptop with AMD

Has done it on my nvidia desktop also though

Christ.

Accurate

My server runs 2008 r2 and the uptime is nearing 30 days. When configured properly Windows is rock solid. I only have to reboot when I install updates.

why do you retards never even turn the picture
is this a joke or are you really that stupid?

>windows 10
Never had a bsod on my 7, only happened once when I installed the wrong gpu drivers.

>But muh Wandows drivers just werks for muh vydia, 4K! XDDDD.
>He has to configure his SERVER OS to avoid crashing due to uptime.
Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone :^)

Which surprisingly does not "just werk" without direct user intervention.

Did something happen :(?

Wait, people on Cred Forums actually use windows 10?

I thought this is a tech board

>he needs to reboot his entire OS instead of the updated service

>30 days
meh, my debian server at home is at 166 days, last time it was off was because I had to move it.

> Everything just a meme when they broke.

I can almost guarantee you were doing something retarded.

>he thinks you don't have to reboot on systemdicks either

>Windows
>Unstable

pick one, yes that's hours.

>Not pulling a kexec

19 hours is not stable in $currentyear

>letting your computer idle for 20 minutes
Damn these linux hipsters.

sure it is

>he doesn't turn his computer off after cummies before bed

lmao hahahahahahaha

I turn off my PC every night and my uptime is always 5 days

>yes, that is in hours

That's fake no way a Windows 10 machine can go 19 hours without updating and restarting

>We're just collecting some error info

yep it's called a minidump file

yeah my win10 crashed all over the place too..
Its ridiculous they kept the blue color..they really are trolling

but anyway, my linux-ck kernel kept crashing too..

so... FUCK

>yfw you'd rather sudo pacman -Syu than let windows install updates

Yep, same for me, your CPU is probably at 99% load 24/7 running the Windows upload/install service host that you can't turn off too

If you are getting various BSODs the problem may be in your hardware.

And not a drive/software issue caused by Pajeet.

I hope my 3 computers (one of them brand new) are just all broken right when I put on Windows 10
I should buy a mac

I can't run chrome on win 10. I'll try firefox.

>If you call a support person

Hibernation master race here.

>no SSDs
Good thing SSDs make hibernation obsolete anyways

>mfw I updated my arch instalation last week after 2 months and he server was so slow that downoading all 400 packages took 1 hour

I would be rich if i receive one dollar each time a winfag claims that they use windows because "it just werks".

Use this:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reflector

I'd be rich if I got a dollar for every blue screen I had
Hell, I literally could quit my wagecuck job as long as Microsoft keeps up with a steady 8 crashes an hour like it does

No need my mirrors where fine they where the closest from my country and I have a fast internet.
The thing is it took fucktons of time.

You need to install Windows 10, it will solve all your issues you are having with Windows 10. Just remember the Microsoft support forum is NOT the place to bring questions or concerns about Microsoft Windows
~Amin Nahulapesh

My gaming PC with Windows 10 has an uptime longer than 30 days. And it ain't even "configured properly", whatever that means.

Windows update is completely disabled, I guess that might count.

>Windows update is completely disabled
Looks like you configured Windows 10 properly, however the hell you managed that

At least Windows has backward API compatibility so you can actually develop for it.

Fact of the matter is, if Linux hadn't failed it would have over taken Windows by now.

>itvision.altervista org/files/20160313-linux-sucks.txt

It can't update without the Windows Update service, which is the same as any other Windows.

y'all retarded

Oh boy, I remember being so naive

It's not a matter of being naive, it's a matter of no evidence existing to suggest otherwise.

Ahm 30 days?

I could put a Debian system together that could have a year of uptime.

>But muh nuhvideo is the best, only AMDildos has bad drivers.

I'm almost at 2 days uptime. But I tend to let my PC shut off on a timer at night.

Too bad being a spic excludes you from being master race anything.

>Fact of the matter is, if Linux hadn't failed it would have over taken Windows by now.
Even non-Android Linux runs on more machines than Windows does.

Plus of course then the Android devices.

You say this *backward API compatibility* has hindered... what exactly?

All I can see is that while plebs can't deal with Windows->Desktop Linux migrations (and instead are migrating to the simplified, no root privileges Android), everyone more skilled has switched to Linux where it didn't break their business.

>Even non-Android Linux runs on more machines than Windows does.
Citation needed.

You're probably used to hearing the watered down and bias measurements of 'desktop pcs', but when you take it account embedded devices like elevator computers, smart thermostats, etc. + most servers in the world, GNU/Linux is on way more things than Windows.

>Unix is now Linux because I said so. And here, have another assumption without any proof.

Going full blast pretty much the entire time.
My second PC gets to sleep. This one doesn't.

Dude fuck

Windows just fucking kills your computer before its time

>only 30 days of uptime is somehow good
>for a SERVER OS

>GNU/Linux is on way more things than Windows.
Because it's FREE (as in beer), not for any technical superiority.

I'm amazed how that these things usually happen to users/fans of other OS.

It even works with people you really trust to be honest/not wankers. Just happens that way.
>Linux dude sitting at the kb? LOL let's crap out.

And yeah, it's gonna be a 3rd party driver.

>Because it's FREE (as in beer), not for any technical superiority.
Yes, this is the supercomputer argument again but think about this: Institutions that have the money to have supercomputer would need to save money on the windows licenses? don't you think institutions with that kind of budget would choose windows regardless of the price if it were that "technically superior"? does it makes sense what you're claiming?
Yet, out from the desktop business which at this moment is mostly locked by proprietary APIs, formats and deals with retailers, linux rules practically all the other kinds of computing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500

I kinda hate the supercomputer argument because most people aren't even using supercomputers. I got a computer for email, video games, encoding video, etc, not for whatever work you would do on a supercomputer, what relevance does it have for me or any other users?

It doesn't make Linux more or less useful for the average joe.

true but your original argument is about "technical superiority", regarding that i think the supercomputers argument is relevant, as i said, people with that kind of budget would be using windows if it were that "Technically superior" compared to linux, simple as that.

>At least Windows has backward API compatibility so you can actually develop for it.
Care to elaborate? i've been using linux since around 2012 and i haven't had any problem with proprietary applications, regarding open source ones why would i bother running old versions of the software when my distro provides stable versions?

>mmstickman.wordpress.com/linux/why-linux-reasons-why-i-dislike-windows-why-linux-is-awesome/

>Windows is just a meme at this point.
It's about as much of a meme as gasolene. Upscaled, fucked up, and embeded.

Why use Windows in 2016? Even Linux has games. If you need 100% stability Apple has it with work apps

I can't think of a single reason to use Windows , maybe I'm missing something. Well I guess, besides the fact the have contracts with all the PC manufacturers and driver support

>it's a matter of me being incapable of finding evidence
Fix'd

Found the manchild loser

congrats you ran windows on a shitty hp laptop and it crashed.

you can talk about reliability of the software when you've first ensured the reliability of the hardware. Reliable software does not precede reliable hardware.

This just means you have a shitty computer, it's the OS fault.

where do you think you are

Found the manchild loser

Windows 7 deals with hardware failures better.
When anything goes wrong at all, windows 8 just fucking has a fit and dies, but win 7 doesn't.
My recent experience with this was a laptop with faulty hardware. Windows 8 just bluescreened whenever the faulty part tried to get used, but win 7 just had the program that tried to use it crash.
Eventually, windows 8 didn't even boot, but win 7 booted just fine.

Windows 8 handles hardware faults really fucking badly. I think they wrote it thinking of AIO devices like tablets.

Keep in mind Windows 8 was also around for garbage like the surface shit they tried to push. It was entirely made for a tablet design, but people hated the layout more than anything.

Can confirm that 8 does some weird shit when hardware craps out or it doesn't recognize something, though.

/thread

I use windows 7 still
it never crashes