raw.github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch/master/screenfetch-dev
cplusplus.com/reference/cstring/strchr/
pastebin.com/BPpZtic6
tools.ietf.org/rfc/index)
amazon.com/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8
thewindowsclub.com/standalone-on-demand-antivirus-scanners
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881)
amazon.com/dp/B00TCU295S/
amazon.com/NETGEAR-AC1750-Router-800MHz-Processor/dp/B00Z0V2NQ8/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474161450&sr=1-5&keywords=wireless ac
wiki.winehq.org/Debian,
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Desktop-PC-Tower-Computer-Windows-10-Core-2-Duo-4GB-RAM-250GB-HD-FAST-/111767600008?hash=item1a05de3b88:g:F9wAAOSwENxXl2xs
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251526972068?_mwBanner=1
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1331853887&feature=iv&index=1&list=PLRtjMdoYXLf6zUMDJVRZYV-6g6n62vet8&src_vid=4zjCqjfjcPs&v=Tz0dq2krCW8
amazon.com/gp/product/B00B99JUBQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=56f762087d5a11e69c3cb2f5010a854e0INT&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Performance-Speed-P-SDX256U395-GE/dp/B00WWBCS1Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474173881&sr=8-2&keywords=256GB SDXC Memory Card
wiki.installgentoo.com/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_page
google.com/
variety-spot.com/pc-systems/windows-7-professional-32-64-bit-license-download/
msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/downloads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first
any suggestions for

What's a better alternative for Chrome?

Jewgle is now asking me to use an account in Chrome and I don't want to login to any crap account while I browse the internet.

I want some fucking privacy.

What's the Cred Forums approved qBittorrent alternative for animeNEETs?

should i still my logitecb g35 and get a hyper x cloud ii, or something similar with a 3.5 mm plug?

Firefox
uTorrent 2.2.1

are there any janitors on this board?

how do i post on Cred Forums?

What about halite?

Where to clip an anti-static wrist strap when your case is fully painted inside & out ?

Using QTTabBar lags the system?

psu
local lamp
screw on electrical outlet(not the slots you retard)

What manga?
Seriously, looks interesting as hell.
Image Search isn't cropping up shit either.

A question about C :
How can I verify if a letter I put on ( with scanf() ) belongs to a predetermined word?
For example, if I have the word "carpet" and i enter the letter c, the code should "know" that the letter c belongs to the word carpet.

P.D.: Just with the libraries: , and

Please and thanks.

what temperature should my parts be averaging? right now they're all around 80-90°F, is that alright or should i purchase more fans?

You sure about the °F?

80-90 fahrenheit you're cool as a cucumber

80-90 celsius you're hotter than satan's balls

Step up senpai. I could find it easily.

I'll just give you this page. You should be able to find the rest.

yea friend, its around 30 celsius, i was just making sure i wasn't going nuclear. thank you

Must be a really dumb question but how do I install screenfetch on a Raspberry Pi? I have the original one if that matters.

wget raw.github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch/master/screenfetch-dev
chmod a+rx screenfetch-dev
./screenfetch-dev

didn't work. It just says "./screenfetch,dev: No such file or directory

Thanks.

What software should I be using to detect and remove viruses?

>do fresh install of 7 on fresh new ssd
>it works fine after installation
>reboot
>suddenly it sometimes boots right in after a few seconds (I didn't count so don't quote me, it was just fast) or just hangs
>do system repair shit
>"autofailover"
>"baddrivers"

was I supposed to install the drivers/do the necessary updates immediately after finishing the installation? is there a program I can use that can tell me what drivers I need to install/update?

Common_sense.exe
But in all seriousness, if you really need an anti-virus, rethink your browsing strategies. Norton is free but Windows Defender is built right into Windows 10 and can be deactivated at any time.

Hey guys im tje guy in the last thread that got problems after uninstalling avast. The acpi.sys corrupted.

Last thread suggested spamming f8 to enter safe mode, problem is after i choose safe mode my screen puts Me back to system repair sayjng it cant fix shit. I tried the "start with last good config!" and it does the same any suggs?

Linux

Is this bait?

I swear it isn't

can someone list to me the pros and cons of a gtx 1060?
Is it a meme card?

Laptop disconnects from my Wi-Fi connection at random interfals and the only way to fix it is to shut it off and on again.
I think it's because of a driver update I did (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network adapter I think, the laptop is an Asus) but I can't roll it back

If someone could tell me how to fix it

My phone is rooted but boost won't give me the MSL so I can edit some of the data programming settings. Where in the Android filesystem can I find these settings to change manually via adb or otherwise? Pic related

What other network stuff can i play with/waste an evening?
Using:
iptables
Unbound
DNSSEC
DnsCrypt
Polipo/squid

I currently have a peer using a client named Mainlime 7.4.3, what the fuck is this?

Bumping my question.
I'm not trying to pressure, but I'm really interested for an answer.

pls help
wont bump my question too many times

My external hard drive is dead, im going to buy a decent internal hard drive to replace it.

Should I buy the Hitachi x300 5tb
Or should I buy the HGST NAS 4tb

It is for a file server, always watching movies off of it.
Cant decide if the HGST is going to be more reliable or not. Same price, 1 less tb

how do i make something like this but working?

Plug one into the ground pin on a 3 prong socket or just don't build a pc on carpet

What is the quickest framework written in Java, Python, or Scala for getting a simple REST API up backed by a database. Just need to be able to GET and POST with as little setup time as possible.

It's phone upgrade time again for me, what should I get? I play FLACs occasionally and I have a home media server. I was going to go for a Note 7 but I'm not quite ready to praise allah.

Do you wanna know if the word "carpet" contains a 'c' ?

cplusplus.com/reference/cstring/strchr/

or just loop trough it like a retard

Ruby is probably the easiest but JSON will be the fastest if you're familiar with it

Fairly stupid question.

For several years I haven't used the keyboard like a civilized person. That means no home row, I still manage to remember the keys due to muscle memory and I type fairly fast.

But of course professionally, I need to learn that and fast now. I have a hard time stopping that habit. I found some website, keybr, which seems to have helped me a little bit.

Anyways, since I've seen these threads with mechanical keyboards and basically I've used nothing but those cheap crappy logitech and microsoft wired keyboards for a good while, I decided maybe I could spend some money on that shit.

The thing is, I was wondering, would a mechanical keyboard help even a tiny bit with this task? I know it's a silly question because it could be the same as "would a gaming mouse help me get a better K/D ratio on CS:GO" or some stupid bullshit like that but I must still ask to see if it would be useful or is it just something irrelevant.

What should I buy first?
HDR 4K TV (50")
1440p monitor + arm (atm I have a 1070 and a 1080p monitor)
JBL 305

You will be able to type faster with a mechanical keyboard but the only way to become a better typist is to un-learn all the reflexes you have for typing. If you're in the market for a mechanical keyboard just don't get Cherry MX reds or anything with 'Gaming' in the name.

install aptitude like a normal human being

>un-learn all the reflexes you have for typing

Yeah that sounds kinda hard, not gonna lie. 13 years doing a thing to unlearn it after is getting a bit painful but that's all my goddamn fault. So far I've been trying to type stuff more by forcing myself to do it the normal way but it takes me so long.

Also is there any chance I could find something cheap that's not awful? I barely know anything about mechanical keyboards.

unlearn what reflexes?

spotify for android's auto shuffle feature.
Is there a way to turn it off without buying premium?
There is a lucky patch custom patch that works, but only temporarily, which makes me think a permanent solution may be out there

Are there any alternatives to windows' stock fire explorer? one feature I've always wanted was a way to mark some folders, and then these folders would be opened as a tree inside the current folder

I don't get it, is the last panel supposed to be a reference to stack overflow?

>mx red
>smoothest switch i ever used
>no finger fatigue(2M words/day)
>gaymer
>literally any switch can be used for gaymen,even blue but kek

How good is AT&T?

They just moved to my city on mexico, their plans dont look really good against my local carriers, other than the free Moto G4 on the 2 year contract(only on $20+ montly plans) which is kinda a bad deal.

how come some bios by default wont allow boot with no mouse and keyboard?

sup Cred Forums
a problem just recently popped up with my thinkpad keyboard where if i even breathe on the i key it registers a press and since i like to keep my hands on the keyboard a lot this is a huge pain in the ass. is there any way to rip the rubber cap off and clean it without breaking it or is there some magic xorg fuckery I can use to ignore key presses that are held down?

Whatever man. I'll go post in /r/, spent 10 mins looking for exact same image in some chicks tumblr archive.

Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to clean my fucking eyes out.

lisp uses perentheses to seperate everything, presumably. moreso than most languages, so there's a fuckload of them.

if they have coverage in your area, and they're priced competitively, they are probably comparable. they also don't charge for tethering like some carriers, at least where I am. speeds are speedy enough, and they don't charge you for more data anymore on new plans.

security, idiot-proofness, what have you. take your pick.

go for ripping it off. won't fuck anything up.

this is gonna be a really stupid question

why wont any major company out there make a competing OS, seeing as macs are for jack-asses, linux is seen as a neckbeard thing and windows started ass fucking everyone?

I have a tv connected to my PC as a second screen and I use it for movies but that's about it. Normally I just change my display settings in the control panel to extend whenever I want to use it, then back to displaying only on my primary screen afterwards

Any ideas on an easy way to speed this up? It's not much really, but it seems nice to just click something or type a quick command or key combination

There is no need too
Linux wins server
windows wins desktop
There is no need for one.
You can see the defragmentation of distros within linux,it would just be another branch off that will go nowhere, because there just isnt a need in the market

It takes 10+ years of constant development when there are already OSes that work perfectly for literally every usecase.
It's just that you don't think you're covered in that, which is why you're asking your question.
windows key + P

windows key + p

Get an xbone and stream to it instead

btw wasnt google planning on making a desktop os at some point?

How do I turn off the "deceptive site" check for Firefox on Android?
It's preventing me from watching a livestream because I can't click the "ignore this warning" button inside the player.

they are, and presumably they have a good reason for it. they certainly have the money.

Display drivers keep crashing. Works well for just browsing but the instant I do someyhing like play a game they crash again. Can only get to windows login if I'm lucky.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and doing the same with a clean install. I'm really at a loss at this point. Do I have a bad card? Are nvidia's latest drivers shit?

Also, when I connect my DVI cable to my motherboard instead of my GPU so I can actually get video instead of a black screen, I get no video unless I completely remove my card. Is there any way around this so I don't have to keep taking my GPU out?

>card is fucked
>card is overheating
>bootloader is fucked
>you're incompetent

While taking the risk of being flamed:
Does someone know a android app that works like jdownloader and downloads all pics from a link in full res not only thumbnails? Tumblr Panda etc.
Would be happy if someone know a tumblr ripper. Ex-He. Seems to be difficult especially since the app isn't working anymore - at least for me.

if you do that on panda you'll get banned. tumblr, your best bet would be writing a script for it and then putting that on your phone, if you can't find anything on fdroid.

What's the best utility to make a snapshot / full disk image of a server running linux?

How can I pipe firefox downloads into jDownloader 2? There are good tools to do this for jDownloader 1, not 2.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't know about that

Thanks guys

>if you do that on panda you'll get banned

Yeah, nah. I've been scraping panda for years to avoid needing to play that horrendous text rpg to get points for DDLs.

I'm just saying that if you learn how to do it, you'll never need to wait for someone to do it for you. It's simple to do it. Just use things like saucenao, iqdb, tineye, etc.

dd

partimage
tar
rsync

really depends on what you want to do

they limit pageloads per minute, I think. probably not an issue on slower connections.

How can I learn more about networking and protocols?
How can I study and learn from the connections on my home network?
Where can I find online materials to learn these things?

If i buy an external hard drive, would it just be like buying an oversized flash drive?

clonezilla

yep.
although, there's more range in connectoers, so getting one with better bandwidth would be something to consider.

So would you recommend I get a replacent card or what?

Lets say I have a program in /usr/bin. Can I just copy and paste this program to my computer (same OS) and will it work (assuming all the needed dependencies are installed on that other OS)

just to clarify copy and paste from one computer to another

Try listed above, if that dosent fix it, then yeah rma it

as long as it's a binary, and not a link to something installed somewhere else.

There is no reason to do this at all.
Just compile it...

I installed android 6.0 on my phone and now it wont make or receive calls. It shuts itself down.

What to do?

is there some program to make password protected folders in w10

so is there an easy way to bypass the time restriction from a website that i use to watch tv shows? (i cant watch more than 60min per day)

official ROM? tweak your OEM's ear.
CM13/unofficial? wait for a stable nightly.
otherwise, I don't know what you're on about.

if clearing cookies and resetting your router's IP doesn't work, i.e. the timer is tied to an account and server side, then there's nothing.

proxy or vpn, or maybe just multiple accounts (change ip and use use self-destructing cookies). if the service is set up poorly you could also try changing your system time back after the hour is up. what service?

I don't have the source to compile it. Its a tweaked rtorrent that makes it more greedy in swarms. The original company that did the tweak closed down. Im thinking of buying a new dedi and using the same rtorrent bin

How do I rename my files so programs will import them ordered in this way 0 -> 137

instead of pic related

>more greedy
I dont think you understand the protocol
peers will just deny you

So, I assign a value to an integer variable int i = 2 but when I print it out it prints 51.

Why?

Language: c
Print function: printf
Format: %d

etc
maybe?

post the whole code

Why is my bash script ignoring the else portion of the if else?

How is is "Accessing 1" when the if condition is false?

pastebin.com/BPpZtic6

how could i do that easily?

>60fps
>excellent size:quality ratio
When the fuck is this going to be common place.This shit should have been standard when HD tv's came out early 00's
Fucks sake

#include

int main(){
int i = 2;
printf("%d", i);
return 0;
}

gprename

Bash doesn't use curly braces to mark code blocks. Google "bash if syntax"

scratch that, i think I found the problem. This is actually a problem with a larger program I am writing in which I get user input from stdin. I'm using getchar() then passing it to an integer variable in a struct node. I must not be converting it properly.

I know it doesn't I just added the braces myself to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Just give myself a visual of the scope.

This problem happened before I added the brackets.

What is the point of diminishing returns when it comes to speakers and what are some good speakers at that price point?

hold a mic to a speaker
thats why its dmr

cisco networking essentials (2nd ed or greater) by troy..... mcmillan (i think)

then read the rfc's for the protocols you want to know more about after reading said book (tools.ietf.org/rfc/index)

If you can, get your hands on cisco's packet tracer (really really good program for the basics)

If you cant, time to think about building a lab. IRC helped me with mine.

lrn2 wireshark / RTFM (how your home connection will help you)

after you have done all of this you should have the basics down.

freedns / afraid.org and a VPS (can usually get one for free for a month or two with a promo) will help with that portion.

I know it looks like i'm shilling cisco, but unfortunately they have the most readily available tools for learning.

Huh I meant what is the price point where above it you'll be paying more for not much difference in quality

Thats not what dmr is
you just want to be a goy
Go to bestbuy and find your price range

What am I missing?

No. There are several differences. Windows recognizes them differently, for starters. It treats HDDs more like a permanent drive. HDDs tend to have higher consecutive read/write bandwidth, and be more trouble if you unplug them prematurely. Plus many of them require external power.

is there any reason for me not to buy the 2 year insurance on this? apart from having to pay extra ofc
amazon.com/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8

Is there a way to get around the limitations of a constexpr in c++?

Anybody with SQL knowledge know why this keeps failing? GenreName is just a 25 character varchar, the other field is the primary key (which is an identity column)

I found out the problem.

Within the [[ ]] you need to have a space between everything. This is to facilitate the command syntax.

I.E. need to have [[ 1 == 2 ]] not [[ 1==2 ]] (Won't work properly.

It probably already comes with some warentee, and insurance is almost always a poor financial decision.

Have you tried
VALUES
(
'Fantasy',
'Mystery'
);

yeah, same error. I think it may just be an issue with SQL Server

Weird. Is the index field auto-incrementing?

yeah, starts at and increments by 1

the warranty info says it doesnt even cover "damages caused by accidents" tho

chromecast or amazon fire TV stick?

Amazon FireStick TV + Kodi

I have a Moto G full of music.

Google Play Store refuses to update apps if I have less than 500mb of free space, which is retarded.

Is there any way around this besides downloading the apk's directly from the web.

Could a chromecast also get kodi?

I have a hypercloud x2 and I would recommend them to anyone

should be, don't see why not

Just installed a new RX 480 and while playing WoW on ultra 1080p my frame rate is all over the place. It can be as high as ~95fps then drop down to 30 randomly. When I applied recommended settings it automatically downgraded everything to low settings. I was getting better results with my R7 370 I had previously. What's going on?

System>Advanced>Max FPS Foregound/Max fps background,set to 200
Vertsync
Tripple buffering

That should fix it
Also, those shaders are not implemented properly, tone back the shaders and it should inmprove

Warranty's/coverage plans/insurance are things designed to take your money and give it to someone else. When you realize that it becomes simpler. However it works out, they make more money than the lose by offering the insurance. If something goes wrong, you can usually pay to have them fix it. And many things will be partially or fully covered even if you buy no additional insurance. On the other hand, even if you do buy the insurance, they'll often make you pay a deductible anyway. The only time insurance is a good idea is if you absolutely cannot afford the risk of paying for the damages on your own, or you're willing to pay extra just for some special customer service that may happen to come with the plan.

I will run Windows 7 without a real time antivirus because i want it to run at max speed, i'm not going to download anything, i'm using Common Sense 2016 and i don't care that what happens to this system.

What software should i use to scan it every now and then?. I will get Malwarebytes and a bullet proof browser.

That didn't fix it unfortunately :/

If i want Gnome for Ubuntu, Do i have to remove my current Ubuntu 16.04 to use Gnome3? What is Gnome3?

Jump to 1 and raise things manually till its 60fps

latest driver? try rolling back

So my laptop is a piece of shit and Windows 10 just isn't doing it for me. Can I torrent Win7, burn it, pendrive it, yadda yadda and install it without having to format the hard drive? I can't understand the partitions bit and I don't wanna ruin my laptop (just yet).

Yeah I have the newest Crimson driver 16.9.1 I'll see if rolling back works. Thanks for the help.

The letters "T G T H L M A" unscramble to something computer science related, and it's not "HTML tag". Someone help me.

I don't exactly know what Windows users use, but i have heard that some of my friends use tdsskiller, but that thing doesn't update, so i don't know if it's reliable

it is HTML Tag, you may be putting it in wrong

What should I do with my life?

Not a computer input. This is reviewed by an actual person and they're saying it's wrong.

Become a pilot.

Use Ublock Origin. And consider using Norton DNS

Use a limited account for windows and consider using sandboxie, especially for browsing. There are a number of on-demand scanners to complement malwarebytes

thewindowsclub.com/standalone-on-demand-antivirus-scanners

You can download windows 7

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

If it came with windows 10 pro you can get the 7 license for free, but not all computers that come with windows 10 actually support windows 7

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

If you do go through with it you really want to copy all your files to something else and let windows 7 format the system. You can use macrium to create a full system image in case you want to return to 10 exactly the way it was, or you can just download a copy of 10 directly from microsoft before you begin, so if you run into any problems you can just reinstall it. You don't really have to worry about partitions much either way, and Windows 10 should reactivate itself automatically.

What did Richard Stallman exactly do? I know that he made GNU but what's GNU? What's GNU linux? Isn't Linux based on Unix but GNU = GNU not Unix so what is it?

What's a good linux pdf reader that supports epub and mobi also?

Thanks, tripfag.

I built myself a new computer it works great.
My old computer was going to be given to a relative and so my problem starts there

When I set everything up here shit works fine, the PC is connected to the monitor through a DP cable.

When I go there, I have to use a DVI cable and I can't get any signal from the monitor , trying a different monitor (again DVI) had the same result. The monitors at their house only support VGA and DVI, the output from the PC is only DP and DVI.
I took it back to my place and behold with DP everything works fine.
What gives ?

Is the monitor set to auto detect or display port/hdmi?
Try setting it to auto detect display type or setting it to DVI.

maybe something in the graphics card settings? if their monitor isn't broke it's something with the graphics card. the card might be recognizing the dvi monitor as a secondary monitor because you set it up on a DP

yep I tried that as well, it was set to auto detected, I manually cycled between all the inputs.

my next step is going to be use a DVI cable here with my monitor and see what happens.

If not, maybe try some DP to DVI adapter ?

Can someone recommend me a good and silent non-water cooler for an i5-6600K or even i7-6700K which will allow me to overclock them by at least 0.5 Ghz?

what video card is it

Have any of you guys bought any computers from government surplus? If so, what condition were they in?

Linux is the kernel of the operating system.

GNU is the foundation which creates the core utilities of the "linux experience". These are called coreutils. They also sponsor many userland projects, such as GNOME, which are common in Linux desktops.

GNU/Linux is a meme created by Richard Stallman because he believes that the GNU project has contributed as much to the end Linux experience as the kernel developers themselves.

gtx 660
its not some power house, but it was free and the mobo has no on board video so I had to get something,

if it wasn't for the free gtx 660 I would have purchased something like a 5450 or gt 210

my mobo just died, i have a spare one, but its a msi z77a for ivys and sandys,

here's the thing. it doesn't have offset voltage.

is it safe to have a constant voltage of say like 1.225 all the time?

I'm looking for a simple program for win7 that creates some virtual desktops and lets me move programs between them. "desktops" (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881) is what I want in simplicity but its doesn't let me move windows between the desktops. Anyone got suggestions?

oops

this mean for

Why is Cred Forums so fucking terrible? I remember it being somewhat decent around April but now it's fucking intolerable.
>threads for stupid questions everywhere, like they can't fucking see /sqt/
>[x] hate thread
>lelelelelele freetard xd
>obligatory 30th GPU thread
>"did you fall for the [x] meme"
>other assorted shit that doesn't need its own thread

I see. Thanks user.

>>threads for stupid questions everywhere, like they can't fucking see /sqt/

95% of the people posting that shit are teenage dipshits from Cred Forums that can't read a sticky and don't know about this thread

>g terrible? I remember it being somewhat decent around April but now it's fucking intolerable.

its been like that for a while, old fags left, newfags came in that changed things and now watches are staples on Cred Forums

to be fair the sticky doesn't explicitly mention /sqt/

More importantly, the sticky forgets to say "Fuck off to Cred Forums"

Deluge
torrent
Trannysubmission

I can't find any other threads that this question would fit in, and I don't want to start a thread.

Should I get this router?

amazon.com/dp/B00TCU295S/

It has wireless AC, seems to have a good range, and it supports DD-WRT. My current router seems to be very bad, as it can't keep up with gigiabit connections from my desktop to my server in the basement over ethernet. I was considering building a PFsense router, but I would need it to be very stable with little maintenance required. I was thinking that if I ever do decide to make a pfsense box I could repurpose this router as a powerful access point. What does Cred Forums think?

Hi Anons,
I need some good sources of tech news so that I can keep up to track on whats going on without having to waste hours online. Also just generally decent tech article sites would be nice.

Assuming on Windows 10 the legitimate key provided gets fucked due to an update (this happened to many people) is it okay to just use a crack just to force shit to work again?

I've already done so, because its bullshit that a real key has to get fucked due to an update, but morally speaking is it okay

Morally? Dear god have you come to the wrong place. I'm not even sure there's a board for you, but it's not here.

If there were, the board wouldn't be so shit.
Botnet
Malware bytes
Jolla C(muh freedumbs), LG V20, Nexus 6p or wait for Pixel XL, Oneplus 3, or that huge 6.6" chinkphone with the weird name that ends with Pro 3 or something
DESIGNATED MARKSMAN RIFLE

A couple of questions:
If I want to make applications not in the CLI (working on a Mac), what should I use?

I'm trying to learn Cocoa, but a lot of books are outdated (2004), and am having trouble following them. Any good resources to learning Cocoa/Anything that helps me make an application not in the CLI?

That seems wildly overpriced. Also the reviews are horrible. Have a look at this instead

amazon.com/NETGEAR-AC1750-Router-800MHz-Processor/dp/B00Z0V2NQ8/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474161450&sr=1-5&keywords=wireless ac

Could any anons suggest a cheap shitposting machine in the $100-$150 range? Something I could install Linux on and use from the couch?

Where do I get ps3 iso's?
TPB and other similar sites have 0 seeders, so is there a place where they're nicely seeded or something?

Currently running an overclock on my 1070 and it's sitting comfy and stable at 2020Mhz (1.075 voltage, 112% power target). Anything wrong with keeping this going forever? Will it realistically age the card by much, playing 6 or 8 hours of games a week? I've only really overclocked in the past when first receiving a card to make sure it's not a dud.

>EVGA FTW 1070, if that matters

I'd check demomoid. Not sure if registration is open however

Maybe try a cheap chromebook?

depends on usage

computers are tools

Subjective

Food wise, is japan the best country?

I just downloaded winehq as per wiki.winehq.org/Debian, which asks to enable i386 architecture

When I installed winehq-devel, I got a long list that said "144mb, and will require a further 529mb." Wine should only be ~20mb afaik, and all of the components in the long list had "i386" in their file names.

In short, does adding an architecture really require half a gb of new files?

here's on iptorrents

ebay

buy a refurbed dell via paypal, and ensure you test asap

example:
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Desktop-PC-Tower-Computer-Windows-10-Core-2-Duo-4GB-RAM-250GB-HD-FAST-/111767600008?hash=item1a05de3b88:g:F9wAAOSwENxXl2xs

it needs a lot of deps because you're installing a 32bit program on a 64bit system, it depends on 32bit libraries, it can't use the existing 64bit libraries you have installed

I need more RAM because a game I play a lot is eating my capacity up. I have 8 gigabytes in dual channel, should I just buy another stick of 4GB or get a pair of 16 GB sticks to preserve dual channel?

I purchased a Nvidia GTX 680 video card for my 4,1 Mac Pro. On the card there are 6-pin and 8-pin ports. I am confused as to exactly what sort of power cables to purchase. Am I to buy this?

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251526972068?_mwBanner=1

Thanks. Do you know if there is much of a difference between AC1750 and AC3200 routers? If I understand correctly that affects the speed of multiple simultaneous connections.

good luck finding drivers

Do the network options within vm guest follow vm host? Say dnscrypt and other services? facing outward to the network?

I can't get this Samsung tablet to connect to a Dell XPS 8700 that runs on Windows 10. What do? Am I fucked?

Yes, but both massively blow away any traditional wireless connections, and I believe both are pretty heavily dependent on the 5ghz band, which has fairly poor range/obstacle penetration. In practice I doubt you'll ever fully utilize either, and especially not on a single connection. Most NICs won't even go above 600mpbs. You probably want to work out that wired solution if at all possible.

Thanks. I use a wired connection for most of my things. The wireless is used for mobile devices and laptops mainly, and most of those are through a wall or two. From what I can see it looks like the R6400 you posted has good DD-WRT support, I will probably get that.

my computer is only using 3.9 of the 8gb of ram i have installed. What the heck do i need to do?

How do I open and run a .bct file? There's a lot of shit and paywalls out there but whats the best way?

Probably put it in wrong slots.

>installing 32-bit

How do I automatically run lemonbar without running it myself from the terminal?

they're in alternating slots (1/3 or 2/4). I tried switching which slots but didn't help. When i go into bios is actually says only 4000mb of ram is available so im not sure if one of the sticks it dead or something. I guess ill have to try the sticks one at a time.

memtest95 for 12 hours

If both work try MEMTEST.

alright ill give that a try if it boots and such with both sticks. Probably not tonight, already been drinking.

Throw them all in there, you're going to have to let it run over night, might as well be blacked out then waiting tommorrow for 12 hours

Is there an app like F-droid but for pirated apps

Yeah ill run it once i go to sleep, might as well. Can't find a memtest95 though, only memtest86

or should i just use the windows memory diagnostic?

no

Not really, but why not?

alright ill just download memtest86

You mean an app store, and sure, there are plenty of them. Take your pick of whichever malware you want.

ah ive got to create a bootable cd or usb, probably wont do it tonight then

Possible that 'getchar' gets the character '2' which is an integer with value 50

Crossposting this in /flt/ hopefully someone can help me.

I'm trying to get Kodibuntu running in a virtual machine to use as a media center. I'm using Hyper-V, have created the Kodibuntu machine as a Generation 1, and assigned a RemoteFX 3D Adapter to it before starting the installation from the .iso.

Once installation is complete, I get a message that tells me I need an OpenGL supported video card. After researching, I think I just need to get the RemoteFX drivers installed, but I am not very familiar with Linux. Is there a shell command I can run to find those drivers (do they even exist?) or another kind of workaround?

so i accidentally pressed no when chromes asked 'you you want chrome to remember this pw' or w/e it says.. now i have to manually input the username/pass everytime,,,, wat do

I'm in need of a Linux guru
every time I start Ubuntu I have to run the command 'xmodmap -e 'add mod3 = Scroll_Lock'' because I need scroll lock to work

Any way to run this automatically on system start? tried cron and it did not work

Figured the issue out, when inserting values into fields in SQL, you must separate them into their own parenthesis without surrounding parenthesis (like I mistakenly did in )

Worked just fine as:
INSERT INTO GENRE (GenreName)
VALUES ('Fantasy'), ('Mystery'), ...

also bump

what's the best fork Cred Forums x? or similar extensions

there's a windows version of kodi

why are you running it in a vm?

4chanx

i'm still using ccd0's Cred Forums X + nebukazar's OneeChan

I want to run it on a virtual machine as I use a Steam Link to stream to my TV. Using the Steam Link ties up my physical PC with the broadcast. I know the best option is to just build a cheap little HTPC, but that's not in my budget at the moment. I've got an old laptop sitting around that I might try this with, but it's been through the desert a couple times, I don't know how reliable its hardware is to run constantly.

chrome://settings/ Manage passwords.

If I upgrade to a new gpu i.e a gtx460 to a gtx1060 but on an old mobo (2010) is there something I should consider or it will work just fine?

It'll work, provided your PSU has the right power connections. But your CPU might limit it's performance.

PSU, maybe CPU.

Where can I find a guide to learn how to make my own website? More specifically, I want a .com and make it mine so no one else can use it.

>Where can I find a guide to learn how to make my own website? More specifically, I want a .com and make it mine so no one else can use it.
Start by figuring out what a website IS.

If i use the restore setting on w8.1 will my important files get deleted?

Thanks man

Not sure where to post this but can you guys help me out? I'm working on my first Java project to solve quadratic equations and I needed some advice on making %f work on some lines of my coding. Line 31 and 35 are killing me because I want the commas between each answer and all of it enclosed in parenthesis but when I do it along with %.5f I get errors unless I take the commas and parenthesis out. I thought maybe I just made this complicated for myself but just going straight in with the formulas instead of declaring them to some variables but even that isn't working out for me. So I left line 31 with only one decimal place instead of 5 like I wanted. At line 35, there's supposed to be two numbers separated by a comma but since the method I was trying with %.5f wasn't working out I just left it there with VerI and VerII. Usually I would get the "bad operand types for binary operator +++" so I assumed I just added too many + signs. Overall I can get my program to give me my desired answers but I can never format it the way I want them to be. I'll be on for a while so I respond back and post more screenshots or better explain my situation if needed. Thanks Cred Forums.

Starting to learn OpenGL from this video:youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1331853887&feature=iv&index=1&list=PLRtjMdoYXLf6zUMDJVRZYV-6g6n62vet8&src_vid=4zjCqjfjcPs&v=Tz0dq2krCW8

And copied his code to create an OpenGL window. However, I get the window in the movie attached. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong... Any help?

Here's my code (also at around the 18 minute mark in the vid)
#include

//GLEW
#define GLEW_STATIC
#include

//GLFW
#include

const GLint WIDTH = 800;
const GLint HEIGHT = 600;

int main(int argc, const char * argv[]) {
glfwInit();

glfwWindowHint(GLFW_CONTEXT_VERSION_MAJOR, 3);
glfwWindowHint(GLFW_CONTEXT_VERSION_MINOR, 3);
glfwWindowHint(GLFW_OPENGL_PROFILE, GLFW_OPENGL_CORE_PROFILE);

glfwWindowHint(GLFW_OPENGL_FORWARD_COMPAT, GL_TRUE);
glfwWindowHint( GLFW_RESIZABLE, GL_FALSE);

GLFWwindow *window = glfwCreateWindow(WIDTH, HEIGHT, "Welcome to OpenGL", nullptr, nullptr);

int screenWidth, screenHeight;
glfwGetFramebufferSize(window, &screenWidth, &screenHeight);

if(nullptr == window)
{
std::cout

My gfs parents are complaining their laptop has no storage. I was going to give them my old PC but i'm using the gpu from my old one and its an old i7 920 rig so it doesnt have an integrated gpu. I was thinking

A: USB dock with a 3tb drive on it

B: Give them my old PC with the gpu I have right now and upgrade to a 1060/1070 (gpu is a 660 ti)

C: Build them a shoebox rig with an i3 6100, 8gb ram and using igpu from the 6100.

>"ask me anything"

When I use headers, is there some consequence to not giving variable names?

Example:
double example(double, double, doble);

vs

double example(double a, double b, double c);

How many drive bays does their current laptop have, and is it already using an ssd?

Which language is this?

It has a 240gb ssd, but they have tonnes of family shit like photos and videos that take up a tonne of space and need to be backed up. I have a spare 3tb drive for them so that should last a fair while. I just dont know what option to go with.

C++.

Well not C, if their only problem is a lack of storage. You say their laptop is working well for them otherwise? And again, how many drive bays to they have?

Drive bays? It's a laptop. I'd have to buy a USB dock for them.

I know it's a laptop. About 40% of laptops have a slot in them for a second HDD/SDD. A few more have room if you take out the DVD drive. A lot of people move their HDD to the second slot when they get an SSD.

Option C would be my choice. It is expensive, but the integrated GPU is good enough and you can thow an SSD into it too. A is fine if the laptop is modern enough for them and B works too if you have an SSD there and want to spend as little as possible.

Why would he spend money on an entirely new PC when his only identified problem is being short on storage? He could get a 1tb SSD for less than that.

curl raw.github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch/master/screenfetch-dev | sh

Did not know that, It was an old dell laptop my work was selling about 100 of them for $50 each. Its only got 1 drive bay.

Option B will be as expensive as option C to be honest, If I did B then i'd need to buy a gpu which would help me out. I got a spare SSD laying around from it, their 240gb ssd in the laptop would stay in there and the 120gb I have would go in my old PC so they dont have a slow laptop.

You can't use variables that have no name. So if you don't need the arguments then just remove them, but if you have to have them due to interface then omitting names is fine.

Here's a simple render loop, I think that's where your problem is.

glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
do {
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
glEnableVertexAttribArray(0);

//draw here

glDisableVertexAttribArray(0);

glfwSwapBuffers(window);
glfwPollEvents();
} while (glfwWindowShouldClose(window) == false);

I only meant as headers.

Example:
double example (double, double);

double function (double a, double b){
statements;
}

vs

double example (double a, double b);

double function (double a, double b){
statements;
}

Is there a consequence to the first?

Realized I "fucked" that up. Just pretend they both have the same name for the functions.

You don't need to name the variables in function prototypes.
I usually don't so that if I decide to change a variable name later, I don't have to do it in two spots.

it is possible to jailbreak my iphone 9.3.5 at the moment ? i only got to prejaibreak with taog9 but i need go full jailbreak anons i cant find a realiable source so im willing to ask here

If you're going with an external drive, and they move the laptop around a lot, I'd try and go with one of those super portable drives that doesn't need a separate power cord, even if it means only 1-2tb of storage. If you really feel like upgrading your rig you could go with B.

You could also go with either of these in a pinch:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00B99JUBQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=56f762087d5a11e69c3cb2f5010a854e0INT&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Performance-Speed-P-SDX256U395-GE/dp/B00WWBCS1Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474173881&sr=8-2&keywords=256GB SDXC Memory Card

Oh yeah portable drive would make sense. I was thinking B but I'll see how the 660 ti handles mafia 3, battlefield 1 (non beta) and forza horizon 3 before making a purchase, 6700k really does a great job compared to the i7 920.

Can I get two modems in one house with TWC?

I've got some idiots who shut ours off on the hour every hour when I'm working and It's starting to piss me off. I need one to manage alone in my room.

You definitely can if you get a second connection.
Don't know if they'll let you simply connect two modems to one connection(or if it's possible).

Just listen to your parents and go to bed. I know internet seems exiting during the night but you'll than us later.

Ah okay. I've seen some book examples do it so wasn't sure it was needed or not. Thanks.

I'm in college dorming with room mates buddy.

Then listen to your roomates. And quit watching so much porn in front of them. It's rude.

I haven't seen any news about a permanent untethered release.

how do i mention on a drug clearance question that the only times ive smoked were only like one hit

Could even set them up with a NAS if they have multiple computers. Upgradeable to several terabytes and easy to use over wlan with no cables required.

Thanks, user! that did the trick.

If you don't mind me asking (if you happen to know, of course), do you know why this
while( !glfwWindowShouldClose(window) )
{
glfwPollEvents();
glClearColor(0.2f, 0.3f, 0.3f, 1.0f);

glfwSwapBuffers(window);
}

wasn't working, and why your rendering loop worked? I'm a complete newbie at OpenGL

Why are they being dicks then? Just go talk to them and figure out why they're doing that to you.

how do I get into computing?, shit like learning operating systems and programming? I prefer introductions that follow the KISS principle.

Depends on whether they want the files outside of the house. But that's a good point though. If their router happens to support USB storage sharing he could hook the 3TB external up to that and have everything up and running with no additional purchases.

it is possible to downgrade?

wiki.installgentoo.com/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_page
google.com/

Download virtualbox and start fiddling with OSes. If that's too much for you to figure out, sign up for a couple community college courses or udemy.

added some comments that should clear things up.

//loop until the window is closed
while( !glfwWindowShouldClose(window) )
{
//poll for events
glfwPollEvents();
//set clear color(doesn't clear, just sets color)
glClearColor(0.2f, 0.3f, 0.3f, 1.0f);
//swap buffer(nothing has been written so theres nothing to actually swap to)
glfwSwapBuffers(window);
}

//set clear color
glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
//loop once and then go until the window is closed
do {
//write clear color to a new buffer
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
//enable vertex arrays so you can do array binding and drawing
glEnableVertexAttribArray(0);

//draw here

//disable vertex arrays since you're done drawing
glDisableVertexAttribArray(0);
//swap buffers
glfwSwapBuffers(window);
//poll events
glfwPollEvents();
} while (glfwWindowShouldClose(window) == false);

Any ghostery users here?
how do you know which trackers to block and which to allow?
do you like google everyone of them?
are there certain groupings i should block?

I have a zowie ZA11 which I dislike for the hump on the back. HOWEVER the rubber coating I love because of my sweating hands. Do any of the zowie fk2, ec2-a, or the ec1-a have that coating on it instead of the smooth coating.

Get over ghostery. They sold out hard. It's all about ublock origin now.

The Mionix Avior is a similar mouse with a low hump and a rubberized coating.

legit? wtf happened?
i thought you needed both lol
desu i got the addon back like a few years ago, couldn't figure out watdo with it, and never tried again till now

For functions, in C++, do the function variables need to have the same name if I want to pass arguments to them?

Like if I enter in a, b, c to
int function (int a, int b, int c)
And then enter in a2, b2, c2, will
int function (int a, int b, int c)
will the function still take a2, b2, c2 even if they aren't named a, b, c?

Hey Cred Forums. I just bought a laptop and I want to put Windows 7 on it. I looked around to buy a digital copiy but you don't actually buy them from Microsoft, they will give you one if you have a key I think however. Anyway, I see that there are other people that aren't microsoft that sell these digital copies like here:

variety-spot.com/pc-systems/windows-7-professional-32-64-bit-license-download/

Are these legit?

Thank you so much! This definitely helped!

bump

downgrade to 9.3.3

If I get what you're trying to ask, inside of the function, the values you pass will go in the variables named a, b, and c regardless of HOW they are passed (literals, variables of any name, etc).

no....

you can pass any valid argument to a sub-routine, and it doesn't have to be the same name.

yes. I'm assuming you mean something along these lines:
int main()
{
int a2 = 2, b2 = 3, c2 = 5;
function(a2, b2, c2);
return 0;
}

What this does is that it passes the values of a2, b2, and c2 into function() and function() creates local variables that are initialized to the values of the arguments you passed in.

Hopefully this makes sense

they don't require the same name...

How do you tell which direction a PC fan is supposed to blow air without plugging it in?

Check for arrows in the side.

sticker side (the side with the cross bars on it) goes in direction of flow, usually.

I was thinking so, but having trouble with this program it seems with my functions.

Ghostery got involved with a "ghostrank" feature that helps advertisers target their ads to you better. And it was never better than the alternatives anyway. If you want more than what ublock offers, on noscript level, you can turn on advanced features, or get umatix. If you want simple, granular control then Disconnect is better than ghostery, or you can just enable it's lists in ublock.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

You can get keys from kinguin for cheap. They're usually alright, and even if one turned out to be bad it would probably be cheaper to buy twice than get one off amazon.

Do you need it to be legit?

For Windows 7 you can download the iso frim anywhere and just activate it with daz loader if you're scared of being scamed

Is Feed43 still the best/easiest free tool to create quick notifications for web pages that don't have native support for RSS or something similar? Been using it for years but don't know if somethiing better is around, it does have some pretty obvious limitations but does suit my needs for the most part.

>You can download the ISO "anywhere"

That's not something we should be telling people.

>That's not something we should be telling people.
Why not, exactly?

How hard is the A+ cert exam?
I got a feeling I'm gonna need it for a job.

Been studying and doing practice tests. I either do good, or I'm just under passing.

I've got maybe 4 years shitty mom-and-pops computer repair store experience, and usual pc enthusiast knowledge with a little networking and electronics on the side.

I'm confident in the practical parts. But i'm getting questions asking me how many pins are on all the different cpus, and the numbers of pins on sticks of ram. Maybe some people can memorize that and find it useful, but I can't commit any of it to memory for the life of me.

Anyone got any proven sources to study from? Don't want to blow money on material to study.

cbt nuggets, brah

Because about 80% of windows ISOs are drowning in hidden malware.

Ah, fair point.

I'm pretty sure that the checksums for the old Digital River ISOs are still around, so you could use one of those to be safe.

Actually you can use the official source to confirm when an ISO hasn't been modified

msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/downloads/

Installing Mint over Windows 7
Will these settings install Mint onto my 1.5tb hdd and not the 16gb flashdrive that the installer is on? It's what I'm trying to do but I'm not sure.

>Will these settings install Mint onto my 1.5tb hdd and not the 16gb flashdrive that the installer is on?
Yes.

What's the 104MB NTFS partition for?

I'm not sure, it was just there when the installer opened. Should I just delete it?

best android browser?

You've got it right. 1,000,000 MB is a Terabyte

I'm getting this now. I'll do a little research on swap space quick unless someone can explain how to create some and how much to create.

you should find out what's on it first

though assuming you didn't need anything on the drive when you began, it won't have anything important on it

linux certainly doesn't need any ntfs partitions

Depending on who installed the windows partition, sometimes there is a "hidden" recovery partition. I'd leave it if that is the case. Its only taking up 100mb.

Think paging file on windows. Bigger than system memory.

intend to use hibernate? make swap the same size as ram
do you think it likely you will come close to using all of your physical ram? assign one or two GiB as swap so your system can fall back on it if need be
otherwise, you don't need swap

note: you can add swap from any disk later at any time

Thanks you guys.

Guys my Lenovo Laptop with non removable laptop is just stuck. I cannot do anything. Tried ctrl+alt+del but it's not working. What do?

Depress the power button until it shuts off.

What-do

Try a more up-to-date ISO.

This was the most recent version

i have never personally used EFI, but i believe it requires a fat32 partition with the EFI flag set
not sure if GPT is required, but EFI systems typically use GPT

Tried but not working.

New Thread

Try longer.

OMG! Thanks user. It worked. You just saved my life. I've huge assignemt to submit on Monday. Thanks again.

Thanks guys, can anyone tell me which version of Windows 7 is the best for me?

Windows 7 ultimate is the only option.

HP 250 G5. Is it worth it ?
I am looking for a laptop
With i5, 8gb ram, ssd, itengrated gpu.
This HP goes for only 550 euro. Any other recommendations ?

i5-6200U
8gb ram @ 2133
cant find ssd info, 256gb m.2
1080p screen