/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Sony Xperia X Compact review
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_compact-review-1495.php

Google Pixel leaks: new chipset revision, Android 7.1, US version
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_leaks_new_chipset_revision_android_71_us_version-news-20571.php

iPhone 7 and 7 Plus reportedly emit loud 'hissing' noises under load
phonearena.com/news/iPhone-7-and-7-Plus-reportedly-emit-loud-hissing-noises-under-load_id85528

Samsung's high-end Android clamshell appears in live images
phonearena.com/news/Samsungs-high-end-Android-clamshell-appears-in-live-images_id85526

Can't live without a headphone jack on your iPhone 7? There's a case that brings it back
phonearena.com/news/Cant-live-without-a-headphone-jack-on-your-iPhone-7-Theres-a-case-that-brings-it-back_id85525

Apple iPhone 7 camera vs. Samsung Galaxy S7: PHOTOS
businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-7-plus-galaxy-s7-camera-comparison-2016-9

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-10-audio/
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro
ebay.com/itm/252178725754?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=551014866542
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html
amazon.com/iPhone-Spigen®-Ultimate-Shock-Absorb-Protection/dp/B013TKNRX4
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_3-7863.php
thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/themes/kenzo-redmi-note-3-pro-2-sim-1-micro-sd-t3343608
youtube.com/watch?v=rHGV5YWFU2g
youtube.com/watch?v=rNlc3hAe6i8
developers.google.com/android/nexus/ota
ebay.com/itm/New-OnePlus-2-A2005-Black-Factory-Unlocked-GSM-Android-Dual-SIM-64GB-4G-LTE-12MP-/182235737687?hash=item2a6e18ae57&_sid=2048038
slickdeals.net/f/9113471-ebay-coupon-for-additional-savings-cell-phones-smartphones-20-off-200?src=catpagev2
youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3
prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phone/samsung-galaxy-on5-prepaid
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S55444455#p55447676
youtube.com/watch?v=571pu66vEBc
androidbenchmark.net/phone.php?phone=Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
androidbenchmark.net/phone.php?phone=Xiaomi Redmi 3
gsmarena.com/results.php3?fDisplayInchesMax=5&idCardslot=1&idBatRemovable=1
androidauthority.com/samsung-president-sorry-note-7-716920/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this the model to buy?

I'd choose this $175USD Redmeme or a used $125 Nexus 5.

Thoughts?

or a used Nexus 5 $125CAD***
The redmeme would be ~$230CAD before taxes

htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-10-audio/

Apparently my HTC 10 has a decent AMP/DAC. Would this allow me to use over ear cans on it?

Nexus 6P owners, tell me how are your phones holding up
>software-wise
>hardware-wise (and casing)

I'm interested in the 6P but scratching and #bendgate really bother me

Is this the Pro model? (SD650). make sure it is. the other one (X10) is junk.

>Flagship processor MTK Helio X10
>Speed! That’s what might be called the flagship smartphone. Speed of the smartphone allows us to fully appreciate and experience the whole range of positive emotions, playing different games. Redmi Note is equipped with high-performance 8-cores, in addition, it has a faster dual-channel internal memory eMMC 5.0, not to mention the new system MIUI 7.

So the pro version is the one everyone shills?

Thanks, I couldn't tell the difference between all the shitposts.

I'm guessing bw the Pro model and a Nexus 5 will be a huge diff in costs. Not sure what to go for.

Looking to get my first smartphone..

Any britbongs here got any good tips/advice for sims? I will pretty much never use it for calls, I just want something that will give me internet access in most places.

Also, any idea what wifi access in Manchester/Nottingham/London's like?

never owned android before
ill buy one on my bday on december.
which upcoming phone should I be keeping an eye on 400 euro or lower.
Just want something decent thatll last.

The upcoming Nexus lineup for the updates.

Yeah, don't even think about buying the non pro version, mediakek is shit.

It's $165 for the 3/32 version:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro

$130 for the 2/16 version.

HTC 10 or OnePlus 3? Why?

Is the snapdragon 808 fine? Thinking about getting a LG G4

Are there any networks in the US that have unlimited 2G / talk / text plans? I don't need data and it needs to be unlimited (2-3000 texts per month).

the one called pixel right?

Is this pretty much the best purchase all around?

ebay.com/itm/252178725754?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=551014866542

Not sure anymore whether I want the redmeme note 3 pro. I hate my current phone but I don't use it that often anyway? Conflicted desu. Fuck phones, why does this have to be so hard?

Redmeme 3s and note pro. What exactly is the difference apart from screen size? I'm a handlet so I'm learning towards the 3s. What do you think?

RN3P
SD650
5.5" 1080p

R3S
SD430
5" 720p

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html Is this is the version that will work in the United States?

With the recent leaks about Google Pixel pointing that it won't use a Snapdragon 821, do you guys think it's worth waiting?
I mostly want a phone that has a great hardwar and that allows me to install Cyanogenmod when the SO gets obsolete.

best iPhone 6s plus case?

so what I managed to do thursday evening was wipe persist.img when I was trying to unlock the bootloader

downloaded the global developer tgz, fished it out & flashed it; now ressurection remix is booting up properly

Depends on your carrier and location. t-mobile and at&t should work fine. note that this version is 2mm longer and thus cases won't fit.

amazon.com/iPhone-Spigen®-Ultimate-Shock-Absorb-Protection/dp/B013TKNRX4
It survived a 50ft drop on appleeverythingpros video and it's not super bulky trash like otterbox.

Thanks! I'm on AT&T and nice catch about the phone length; Hopefully the included case will fit.

I live in Canada. What version do I buy? This chink shit is confusing

So, one has 3gb ram and one has 2gb ram.

I only shitpost on Clover + listen to Spotify at the same time.

That's the most 'intense' I get unless I play Pokemon for an hour.

>X10
wrong version and overpriced af.

This the one? And which box should I choose? International?
*geekbuying.com, I am shipping to Canada*

Get the international version with the Global Rom because it has more wireless bands. Additionally, don't get the mediatek Note 3; get the Snapdragon one due to Cyanogenmod compatibility.

Yeah probably your best bet.

Just ordered the last zuk z2 in stock. Did I fuck up?

What should I know before unlocking/rooting my Xperia Z5? Apparently you lose the fingerprint sensor among other things, but I hear that you can partially restore the DRM keys afterward to get back some functionality.
t.first android phone

How good is the oneplus one?

Which one of these has to do with the radios?
There's a sim card inside & it's recognized by the phone; it shows my carrier & phone number but says No Service

X compact

What the fuck should I do with my non-rooted phone? It feels more locked down than an iPhone.
I wish rooting was as easy as adp'ing an su binary and running ./su
Phone is brand new and has no known rooting methods so far.

Is there a way to root via fastboot?

what is the best phone currently? s7?

i'm not buying a chinkphone

>look ma i'm using big werds

Fuck off, you stupid fucking piece of shit. Those aren't big words at all.

They are UUUU

the iphone 7 by far. if you want android the htc 10 or moto z

Dude he's not a girl and he's probably not gay. Take the iphone off the table and put it back in your homo ass where it belongs.

how would i know? he is posting in a chinese girl cartoon imageboard

My point is that you shouldn't suggest iphones because they're designed for beta male bottoms who have AIDS. Only suggest android since they're made for working men and reasonable women.

the iphone is still the superior device tho

For gays and their bulls, maybe.I'm not some insecure fag that needs an overpowered chip to make my phone work.

I'm from Brazil, going to buy cellphone on the US.

Best android under 200 usd?

get a used note 4.

yes

Should I go for an iPhone 6 or is it just going to be worthless in a couple of years?

Are there any decent hones on the market that can do dual sim AND a microsd slot?

get a redmi note 3. it will never be obsolete and its a much better bang for your buck

redmi note 3

Can't use two simcards and a Microsd at the same time.

Why are people shilling for the HTC 10 so much? It overheats very quickly, the camera is hit and miss, the display is mediocre and the body is a scuff and dent magnet. Plus it's very expensive.

What android to buy that is smaller than 5.5 inch screen?

Yes you can in the redmi note 3. It's the best bang for your buck.

redmi note 3

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_3-7863.php
>microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)

No
You
Can't

Or I would have bought it already.

Trust me I have done it and my friends who also have the redmi note 3 have done so as well. We travel a lot and we wouldn't use any other phone other than the redmi, it's so reliable and fast.

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html

Buy chink shit, get chink backdoors. Chinese manufacturers are not trustworthy.

Everything I have ever seen says that the second SIM slot is where the MicroSD goes.

Ever fucking Xiaomi says that it's 2 SIMs or an SD card.

not him but I came across this trying to fik things on my redmeme

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/themes/kenzo-redmi-note-3-pro-2-sim-1-micro-sd-t3343608

Any chinkshit phones that have an oled screen?

>redmi note 3

But it has 5.5 screen.

I want something smaller.

5x

Your penis.

Yeah, I'm buying a phone for my dad, who is technologically similar to Cro-Magnon.

This would have been fine whilst I was living at home, but if I have to tell him to take a lighter and a knife to either his SD card or his SIM cards, it will end badly.

Do I need to be rooted to use TWRP?

Anyone know if the umi plus is a good phone? It's available for pre order for 179

I just upgraded from an galaxy S4 to an S6. What am I in for? What are some cool things this one can do that S4 can't? I can already tell pictures are much sharper on this one, which is pretty sweet.

I have an S5 and I'm trying to figure out if the Axon 7 will be an improvement over the camera or not. How much has midrange camera tech improved over the last couple years?

Note 4 or Nexus 6P? Plan on rooting if Note 4 and I like my big phones. Dat stock Android and fingerprint scanner on the back, doe.

>I'm not some insecure fag
Your messages are showing the exact opposite somehow.. go figure.

Buying this for use in Canada.

Cop or Not

Bump

Seriously, just any decent phones that you can slap a microsd and two sims into without having to get to the point of cutting shit up/burning shit?

>Buying this for use in Canada.
Just McFucking kill yourself.

I fell for the fucking 32GB meme.

y

wat phone

>wat phone
Nexus 5X

>seemed to erase my efs partition
>need to revert back to stock miui
>keep getting this flash tz error
>google that
>answers are on miui forums
>miui forums are down, when they were up this afternoon
two hundred dollar paper weight
I just want cm and to be done with flashing things

youtube.com/watch?v=rHGV5YWFU2g

Kek, Apple is on suicide watch.

>not having 40gb of music locally on your phone

youtube.com/watch?v=rNlc3hAe6i8

lol

While it's a little older, Zenfone 2 does both. Probably something from the Samsung duos line would be your next best bet though

>tfw there are literally no options for handlet phones 5" and under besides overpriced sony and applel shit
should i consider suicide

lol snek court

I just installed CM13 on my Zenfone 2. What now?

You Kill Yourself hahahahahaHa

but srsly just enjoy ur phone u cuck

Is there a phone that isn't a delicate shit without a case?

The compact Xperia looks durable but then no finger sensor in the US

Moto droid turbo 2 or moto droid z force

>buy a 6p
>FIVE system updates to install
>mfw

Wtf this looks great

Why don't I hear about these more often?

Just bought a Nexus 6P
Should I sell it and get a One plus 3 ?

Which smartphone under $80 do you recommend that is solid made and reliable? I has been hearing about the BLU R1 HD and don't mind the limitations but i've reading about it being very fragile or flat out start malfunctioning after a month of use.

I'm using a borrowed Lg Optimus L70 for about half a year now and while its very limited in many aspects its a very robust phone. Dropped many times, used it on very hot days outside, etc and still works fine but i need to get a phone of my own. Any recommendations?

I get a cheap phone shpuld be replaced after a year but i don't want it to break on second month.

flash the latest OTA using ADB
developers.google.com/android/nexus/ota

used nexus 4 on ebay

What is the best choice for around 100-150 euro?
Dont want a chinkphone yet, just want something second handed with nice custom rom support to play around.

Nexus 5 is a good choice

Is there a way to flash a rom without losing all your data?

I have a Redmi Note 3 running a rather old version of the unoffcial Cyogenmod and I really don't want to flash it and lose all my memory.

>not having a phone that emit loud hissing noises instead

Samsung making shitty phones still... where did side slide full keyboard phones go Cred Forums i miss the pictures of nokia n950

>cm 13 redmeme sees sim & phone number
>no data, calls or texts
>reflash stock
>still nothing
what do I do now?

I only shitpost and listen to music.

This worth $125 canadian?

If I use my own SIM and test out the phone in person, what should i look for so it """""seems okay""""" to buy?

>wait for pixel phone
>it's mid October
>it's shit
>buy OP3 or 6p

Is this a stupid idea?
I'm really torn between the two but will the 6p be cheaper than the OP3? Because I love the OP3 but wondering if the 6p is a better buy for the price.

Yes it still holds up
Even the SD 800 on my M8 hasn't slowed down

No Z2 is good. Only problems are shit software and stupid hardware button navigation but it's SD820 for 250$ so gg

Requesting purchase advice.
>want
mid-sized phone, good battery life, AOSP or other low-bloat unlocked distro. Would highly prefer IPX waterproof rating or has available IPX rated waterproof case (currently using S5 Active, shit's actually waterproof) because I'm outside all day in any weather with limited/no access to shelter or good rainwear. Must be user-removable battery. Highly prefer microSD card slot (don't particularly care about upper size limit, I usually use 16gb cards). Would kinda like USB-C/USB 3.1.
>location
US
>carrier
AT&T (SIM card)
>budget
as high as $400

sounds like your efs partition is corrupt. if you don't have a backup you're pretty much fucked

pixel line, although you might have to cash in 50 bucks more for the cheapest version. Unless the price fell a bit till december, which I expect.

My 6P randomly just died and when completely unresponsive to the point that Google had no idea what happened. So...not a fan

>$25 for an extra year of OP3 warranty
worth it?

What ROM are you guys using for your S7E?

Hey /spg/, so I played with an S6 Edge in a store a while ago and the whole edge screen thing didn't really work, it just looked shadowy. Was that phone just broken or is that generally the case? And does it work on the S7?

How bad is screen burning on amoled phones? I checked out a demo nexus 6p unit that had Mediaworld logo and colors burnt in and visible on every screen. Would something like this occur in a regular phone or is it because it has been left all day everyday with the same shit on the screen.

Stop buying exynos Smartphoens if you want rom support.

>oneplus
>honoring their warranty
Pure snake oil.

>Redmi this, redmi that
What the actual fuck is going on?

It was a gift so...

There are none for Smartphones with exynos cpus since samsung is a whore and doesn't help developers. If you are in the US and you have a s820 device then you are still fucked because you can't unlock the bootloader afaik.

b-but what if the device breaks after a year....
i honestly bought an op3 and returned it with great customer service desu.
i was jsut afraid (at the time) to own the device bc of its history of breaking down after a year... but for $25? not bad for a 2 year manufact warranty

Anyone here got their hands on an iPhone 7? How's the new home button like?

rip, guess I'm fucked at least it was free

Do custom ROMs void the HTC 10's warranty, or do they just not cover damage caused by them? Huge difference.

Just found out about the Moto 4G 4th Gen.
Got him to grab that instead.

It's not the best value for money, but for his specific needs it's the only one for him.

That phone was like $300 new IIRC, you may as well spend an extra $40 and get a Redmi Note 3 pro.

Wait till it breaks like mine

too much risk living in Canada desu.
and on top of that, got to wait for 45-60 days, no tracking #, wait for bootloader unlock, got to get a developer rom, almost no warranty / hassle frm north america, etc etc.
just too many worries

It feels like the TouchPad of a new MacBook if you have tried one.

I had it happen on my S3, but that's quite a few years ago now.

Where did you hear that bullshit?
I live in fucking Australia, with Toll/DHL shipping it takes just a couple of days, with tracking number.
Xiaomi is a huge company and will honour a 12 month warranty of you buy from an authorised reseller.

You don't need a developer ROM, just sideload Google Play and clear the bloatware.

You're going to have all these issues and more with an ancient second hand phone, and on top of that the battery will be fucked.

Is CF-Auto-Root still the best root method for my s5?

Try a hammer.

Why you gotta be gay

I'm looking for an aplication on android that has the following specifications
>is a gps-map app
>you can use the maps offline
>you can tag locations and write notes about them for personal use

Why you keeping an ancient phone on life support?

>Hide body here.

osmand maybe

Anyone know when the first Helios X30 phone is due out?

Because I'm not finished my contract yet.

>local drug dealer here

>people shilling the iphone7

Kek'd

>no sapphire glas
>everything easily scratched
>standard built quality
>ugly camera bump

>camera is still inferior compared with the S7
>youtube.com/watch?v=rHGV5YWFU2g

Some people are simply retards by definition.

>Contract
C U C K
U
C
K

>Samsung
It's not like you're any less cucked with Samsung.

Could someone help me choose a phone? My LG G4 bricked and it was the perfect phone for me. LG G5 is a shit upgrade as they're nearly the same. Don't really want to buy another LG G4.

I loved the camera quality of the LG G4 and everything else was really great.

Is there anything out there that could be the same wihout it being some meme S7 edge for £500000?

I've tried looking at every single phone and they all seem trash compared to LG G4.

>Sony: shitty cameras
>Samsung: overpriced trash with a button at front
>Nexus: 2big4me
>Nokia: shitty OS design (personally4me)
>OnePlus 3: looks like a meme + button at front

pls help
do I really have to buy an LG G5 when It's pretty much an LG G4 with a better processor :(

>fell for the redmi note 3 pro meme
>2 weeks later it just stopped charging

What the fuck do I do now?

Yea, that has everything I need, thanks.

gaybest usually offers warranty

sony xz? Their cameras are supposed to be better this time around.

No, barely

They have good hardware but they are so shit with their camera driver and software.

Other companies will make better usage of their hardware.

So I think it is intentional that Sony wants their cams to be fucked up.

Is this really such an amazing deal?

$219 with ebay coupon

ebay.com/itm/New-OnePlus-2-A2005-Black-Factory-Unlocked-GSM-Android-Dual-SIM-64GB-4G-LTE-12MP-/182235737687?hash=item2a6e18ae57&_sid=2048038

slickdeals.net/f/9113471-ebay-coupon-for-additional-savings-cell-phones-smartphones-20-off-200?src=catpagev2

It's a good phone, but it's last gen.

looking for a rec. for a dumbphone with no interface lag and lte

Am i gona be ending up sending this shit to china and wait weeks before i get something back?

is that a really good price?

I was looking at $100 tmobile phones, should I pony up the extra hundred?

Moto G4 Plus.

UMI is shit, avoid it like the plague.

Just flash via EDL. search for rootjunky video on how to do it I linked it a million times.

>Is there a way to flash a rom without losing all your data?
No.

Probably just the charger, not the phone. if not contact seller.

>>>/dpg/

Nah.

Just buy a Redmi Note 3 pro.

tried 2 different chargers and 3 cables

fucking dont, mine just stopped charging

also the xiaomi unlock tool detects the phone in fastboot mode but nothing else works. it isnt detected in twrp, cm or miui.

Well where did you buy it from? even the shitty Ali shops has at least 6 months warranty and most of them 1 year.

yes

The other option is to go to the local Indian's shop and pay for a repair, but if you're willing to that you might as well try it yourself, probably just a bad connection on the circuit board.

Anyone know? The warranty is going to make the decision for me between the HTC 10 and the OnePlus 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3

I need a phone with capacitive keys, maximum 5" screen, removable battery and a microsd card slot.

Anything you'd recommend, anons?

>I need a phone with capacitive keys, maximum 5" screen, removable battery and a microsd card slot.

prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phone/samsung-galaxy-on5-prepaid

$69

afaik no, you can unlock the bootloader without voiding the warranty so I assume that you won't lose the warranty when flashing a different rom.

Don't buy that.

okay!
the only phone that matches these specs with a decent score on Kimovil is the Dooge Valencia Y100 Pro, I'd like alternatives though.

KingZone N5.

See /csg/ user review:
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S55444455#p55447676

What's your budget?

>Don't buy that.

why i have one it's ok

I also found the galaxy grand prime, which, if I checked everything correctly, suits my specs.

about ~$150

This seems interesting!

Nevermind. Never heard of it so I thought it was old as fuck. (TFT display kinda gave that away) Actually looks decent as a low end phone, except for the TFT display.

it's brand new and runs marshmellow

it's just cheap but it works fine

Any decent sub 5 inch phone available in europe?

Mostly care about a mostly asop android with minimal manufacturer modifications (or custom rom support) with okish prospects for receiving future updates (nougat and beyond). I dont need a good camera or a 4k panel and all that other fluff.

Budget is up to 500€ but would prefer to stay in the 100€-350€ range.

>I also found the galaxy grand prime, which, if I checked everything correctly, suits my specs.

the one i linked for $69 is literally the replacement for the grand prime, the prime cant run marshmellow and is being discontinued, this is it's successor, it's just a really good deal, more ram and higher resolution than the prime

Doogee X5 Max Pro or Oukitel K4000 as well. some user did a review of the X5 some time ago and said it was pretty good and the battery is insane. won't work in USA though.

Sony X Compact or Z5/3C.

Is there a way to format my microSD as half Internal memory extension (Android 6.0 feature) and half External memory?

Quick google reveals nothing.

Ignore my previous "don't buy that". It looks pretty solid.

Ignore this post, it isn't me! Don't buy it!

Any HTC 10 promo codes working?

>MUh sd cards are superior.
>iphone BTFO

no ill stick to using my 256gb HFS+ on my iphone over AFC@ or jailbroek as a network drive

Which phones under $500 will keep on working for more than 2 years? So far I've had nexus one, galaxy nexus and huawei p7, only nexus one was usable after two years.

Fuck off nigger

Please advise on a ROM for Moto G4.
If there is a point in getting one.

OP3

easeUS partition wizard?

Pls stahp

I'll give it a go, seeing that it looks like nobody else attempted this.

>tfw only 8GB Internal memory
MTP sucks dog shit for transferring shit so splitting the SD card seems like a decent solution to extend main memory and have non-shitty transfer speeds for large files.

Does anyone have iphone se here? Is it any good?

Too small, the UI is extremely squashed on iOS 10, similar to what it's like with iOS 9 on the 4S.

someone post the >mSD iPhone green text please

It's okay.
iOS 10 has pretty much killed it though.

If you ABSOLUTELY NEED an iOS device and have fuck all money to throw at it, it will suffice.
I have one for work, but it's gotten to the point I leave it at home and on autoforward to my private phone, and set mail to autoforward everything to my private email.

I used it once when I was trying to install link2SD, everything was fine but then I couldn't root "my" phablet so I just gave up on it. It seems to work though

It's not bricked which is weird. It's perfectly fine at 80% battery. Tried miui/cm clean install. The device only gets detected in fastboot mode though.

pretty sure the xperia x performance 64gb is dual sim and sd capable

oneplus x

yes

McFucking kill yourself.

I think i'm going to buy the huawei p9 lite...are there any reasons i should change my mind? (I don't wanna be spending much more money)

Thanks in advance.

It's a worse Moto G in any way. Only reason to buy one is if you got tiny ladylike hands, in which case you're better off with suicide.

What should I do with my old Nexus 4?

Is she a virgin for life?

See

Explain the chinkphone meme pls

?

The p9 lite has a much better processor i thought.

>Better SoC
>Better Camera
Fuck off idiot.

>Better SoC
Ruined by EMUI. Lags during daily use.
>Better Camera
Congratulations. They're both shit.

>Cheap enough to buy one every six months and still save money over a Gookphone or an Aplel.
>99% as good, sometimes with better gimmicks (ie. More chinkphones have the finger print sensor on the back, some have dual cameras, some have ridiculous battery life).
>Spares poor fags from contract cuckdom.
>Means cheaper phone plans.
>A few years back, they were the only option for dual sim users, which meant for those of us who go international for business, they were a great option.
>Usually 99% as good as phones that cost multiple times as much.

It's just the only smart choice.

Thanks. I was wondering which phone should I be getting when the time for upgrade comes. I was considering nexus, but I hate google.

By the way, how good is fingerprint unlocking? I don't want pin or pattern on my lockscreen but I still want the phone to be locked.

>By the way, how good is fingerprint unlocking? I don't want pin or pattern on my lockscreen but I still want the phone to be locked.
If you get a good fingerprint reader it is damn near instantaneous (look for demonstrations in video reviews - TechTablets is a great guy to watch for non-biased reviews).

And as for placement, my personal belief is right on the back is the absolute best - pick up a s.martphone as if you were going to look at the screen, and not where your index finger sits.
Now compare than to holding the phone as if you were going to look at the screen and moving your thumb to the centre button (as placed on the S7 and iPhone 7) - the back is SO much more natural.

Right now Xiaomi does fantastic fingerprint readers (like 95% accuracy rating and much faster than the iPhone 6S - my work phone, which I find to have at best an 80% accuracy rating); but I'm waiting for their take on the Helios X30 (which should be late November, early December) - they just dropped their latest Pro, but it has the fingerprint reader on the front and a gimmicky dual camera setup instead of one good one

I got my iPhone 5S stolen, what should I replace it with ?
>the smaller the better
>I only use it to call/text/browse the internet/watch videos/listening to music
>I'd like it to have nice audio
>I don't care about the price

so if I were looking for a phone, I should be getting xiaomi?

btw I really, really like my shit square
I don't like rounded edges, but if the phone is really worth it it's okay

Why don't u have find my iPhone on?

Not automatically - but if you buy from an authorised re-seller they easily have the best warranty of any chinkphone.

If you're in the $150-200 price range, just grab a Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon 650) - you won't find better for the money.
If you're willing to pay more, then start delving a bit deeper - a lot of manufacturers make a top end phone above their normal "flagship" - ie. LeEco has a phone with an X10, and X20 and a Snapdragon 820.

never got anything stolen before + I don't really care there was nothing important on it and I want to change anyway

>I got my iPhone 5S stolen
How does this even happen?
Do you just leave your phones laying about?

it was 4 am and I was drunk, I have no idea how it happened
the stealing of my iphone is not the issue here, I couldn't care less, I just wanna know what I could replace it with

Whats a good 6+" 1440p phono for around $300??

I want to be as cool as you when I grow up

maybe if you help me I'll coach you

what's a good lamborghini for around 20 bucks ?

You could sell it to me.

any one can help with purchasing advice?
country
>australia
carrier
>optus
wanted features
>replaceable battery
>replaceable memory card
>works on wifi
>can browse internet and run medium apps well
>i'd prefer it work for calls and text with an australian sim but would be willing to ditch those features
budget
>$150 or lower maybe $200 though
size
>a large screen
>

Honest question to you poorfags with ludicrous demands at low price; why are you poor?

no job

>why are you poor?
I just make smart decisions.

>buy a used flagship
>get less than 2 hours of screen on time and will always die when not in use
>my 3 year old phone always got 4-5 and would last multiple days on very low use

I've made a grave mistake

Just bought a Redmi 3 pro, definitely can't use two sim cards if you use a micro SD. The micro SD fits into one of the sim slots making it impossible to fit the sim card. Bummed when I found that out the hard way.

Any phone out right now to fit this criteria?

>Any price (as long as it's worth the price)
>No front button
>On-par with LG G4 camera quality
>Not a massive 2-hand device

>>buy a used flagship
Why even?

The 801 that still DOMINATED the flagship circuit less than two years ago is now markedly inferior to even the 650.
Combine that with terrible battery life (due to wear and the fact that large batteries are a recent addition, OPO was what gave the mainstream manufacturers a kick in the pants), a lack of modern features and often fractured ROM support (Gookphones are terrible for this) - and you have an utterly pointless device.

I blame 5.5in qhd display
I don't know why people make phones with such high resolutions and large displays

The numbers game, combined with Aplel making everyone focus on high definition screens.
On one hand, I do love that they gave the market a kick in the pants - on the other hand, the sheer amount of buzzwords attached to it just made everyone push too hard - even when they saw no gain.

The point of old flagships is ROM support. If you're not using customs you indeed are making a grave mistake.
>dies when not in use
100% firmware problem.

you sound like a bitter and jealous friendless loser

carrier doesn't allow rooted phones, might try anyway

He doesn't sound like anything. It's a text post.
Also, reflecting.

Then you double fucked up for not doing research.

>100% firmware problem.
Or - the phone is likely an 810 based phone, powering a QHD display - which is a proven battery to heat conversion tool, and not much more.
On top of that, the phone has likely fully cycled hundreds, if not thousands of times - the battery WILL be fucked.

On top of that, old phones don't guarantee ROM support, look at Samshit - their line are divided into dozens of different devices each year - with different chipsets in different models and in different countries.

>carrier doesn't allow rooted phones, might try anyway
>Americans are THIS cucked.

Is blackberry classic a great smartphone ?

>powering a QHD display
>when not in use
Reading is hard. The battery might be genuinely dead though, but then the phone would randomly shut down on low charge.

V20
HTC 10

>Reading is hard. The battery might be genuinely dead though, but then the phone would randomly shut down on low charge.
Your battery dies slowly, not suddenly.

user, I've had a phone with dead battery. It would reach 30% and then shut down. It would also shut down during calls if not connected to charger.

>user, I've had a phone with dead battery. It would reach 30% and then shut down. It would also shut down during calls if not connected to charger.
That sounds like broken cells, not worn cells.
There's a stark difference.

Non-US here, the only way to get chinkphones is importing them from China? How would I go about that?

are there any sub-$500 phones with optical image stabilization?

Is pic related considered a good phone? I also heard Samsung would launch version 4 soon. Would it be worth waiting? I don't care about multimedia features and such, just that I can use and walk it around without the fear of destroying it.

Are there any other rugged phones with similar (or smaller) proportions? I have about 250 eurodollars to spare.

Non US here. Is V20 even going to release in UK? Since I don't think V10 did

any one can help with purchasing advice?
country
>australia
carrier
>optus
wanted features
>replaceable battery
>replaceable memory card
>works on wifi
>can browse internet and run medium apps well
>i'd prefer it work for calls and text with an australian sim but would be willing to ditch those features
budget
>good camera
>water proof/water resistant
>$150 or lower (would prefer this price) maybe $200 though (willing to pay up to this if it is worth it)
size
>a large screen

holy fuck im all over the place i can't delete my other post because it's too old and the camera and waterproof should have been in feratures

Is redmi note 4 worth it over 3? cause I think I found my next purchase

>Non-US here, the only way to get chinkphones is importing them from China? How would I go about that?

go to ebay and buy one and they mail it to you

nevermind I found a xiaomi online store that's literally localized and located in my country

When I saw the prices I almost came

will the Redmi run marshmellow?

Do they make a 4G/LTE dumbphone? Is there any way to combine the 30+ days of battery standby with the voice quality of a 4G phone? I searched, but the only 4G feature phone I could find only works in Japan.

should i get a second hand
>huawei p8lite
>meizu m2 note
>meizu m1 note

all the same price more or less

I'm a NEET, by choice. Also bought a cheap ($63) phone and it's been working perfectly the last week or so, my only complaint is the camera.

Don't really know why people buy crazily expensive phones when this seems to do everything, it only has 2gb of ram but that's enough to open every app on my phone and still have 30-40% ram to spare.

>NEET, by choice
Keep telling yourself that bud

Shouldn't you be at work right now friend? Your slave master doesn't have patience for you enjoying yourself on the internet.

You're so cool. And very much underageb&

the note 7 scratches way easier youtube.com/watch?v=571pu66vEBc

and the s7 is only slightly better in still shots, the iphones 7 is better, just look at the shaky s7 footage on your video.

Thanks, but I wish.

>Shouldn't you be at work right now friend? Your slave master doesn't have patience for you enjoying yourself on the internet.

>The only passable one has a penis
Why

Asians. Either drop-dead gorgeous or fucking disgusting. Zero middle ground.

>Most of my experience with non-whites is seeing pictures of them on the internet

Yo, what is better, 2gb Redmi Note 3 Pro or 3gb Redmi 3 Pro? Because according to this, there is like 30-50% difference in performance yet they cost about the same. Is this shit true or just a meme benchmark? Is 1gb of extra memory worth the performance difference?
androidbenchmark.net/phone.php?phone=Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
androidbenchmark.net/phone.php?phone=Xiaomi Redmi 3

I don't live in a multicultural country, although there's a good chink minority here. Still have to find an attractive one.

Cred Forums, what's the best phone for Cyogenmod?

Exactly my strategy. Bump!

Okay Cred Forums Need a phone as my Nexus 5 is dying too fast

Budget: under 300$

Contenders:

OnePlusX
Moto E 2015

No Chink Phones. Only north american vendors (amazon.ca/com etc).

Is opx good? I dont care for Nougat.

How.. do you .. manage to live with such a small amount on data on your phone?

What's a good case for the Redmi note 3 pro?
I'm in the U. S.
Thanks

Is it a good idea to have capacitive keys if the smartphone would ever need to be repaired or are power + volume buttons enough?

>Not having 2TB of music on your dedicated media server, streaming to your phone.

Only mains charger charge my redmeme note 3 pro

you like sandstone? holding my friends 1+1 put me onto those cases &u before that it was the cool spigen shit you could get off aliexpress

You can live with less.
I love lurking smartphone threads, but I myself use a feature phone (CAT B100). It's fun to see what the industry is doing, though.

cool... how is that phone?

Is the 5x slower than the 6p. If I don't like the pixel I might buy one

It does what I need, which is talk and text.
It can also take abuse like a champ. I've dropped it a good twenty feet without damaging it and I don't have to worry about it when I'm out in pouring rain for hours.
It took a good smack when some dumb fucker love-tapped my with a HMMWV, but it was fine there, too.
It's ability to not break was the main reason I picked it up.

Im getting one. Its nice to now I can carry a phone without it breaking :)

How do you deal with not using moder apps? I plan use my old phone as a PMP for when wifi is around.

Is this the right place to post rices? I think the time date and battery level look a little out of place.
Nexus 6p with Nova launcher, Zwart icons, and UCCW widgets

I see no burn-in on my S5.

>White Google search
>White navigation buttons
>Clock is white
>Box is white
App icons are B L A C K E D

Same with my S7.

user from earlier whose redmi note 3 pro stopped charging.

Only time the usb port works is in fastboot mode. I had 70% battery left and decided to reflash stock image and relock bootloader and whatnot.

All worked like a charm but it still won't fucking charge.

Time to RIP myself to peaces?

these black icons while everything else is white are awful. do you even have the slightest sense of aesthetic?

I got a redmi note 3 pro for my first smartphone.
What should I look for in a smartphone case?
I don't want something bulky or fragile.

Something sleek and functional, which will protect the phone.

>everything reminds me of black dicks

Go away, homosexual.

this is what happens when you buy these chink trash phones the poor neets on here try to shill.

Can you get the Blu HD 1 in Yurope with the Amazon ads? Might pick one up to use as a fitness tracker, and I doubt it'd be impossible to get rid of the ads

>accusing others of homosexuality

I bet you must be that faggot who constantly posts Indian wordpress blogs about Rapeugees

>Sweden Yes

Yeah like those premium £650 samsung phones that keep exploding? No thanks senpai.

Apple is the only company that will let me buy an unlocked advice and pay it over 21 month (no extra credit), but I'm really conscious about the whole iOS 10 shit.

I don't want to end up up with a device I fucking hate for 2 years that doesn't have a File Browser app and I suddently find myself having to pay for apps/music that were free on Android.

I don't have any friends with iPhones to borrow and see what it's like, can someone here tell me if you really notice the difference in screen clarity/brightness compared to, say, S7 and if iOS is really that much locked down for the iSheep to play in the little sandbox?

6p

DESU it's not as big an issue as people think it is. And it feel pretty good to not be plugged into social media or games or whatever 24/7 - to know that once I go out, I'm out. I'm going somewhere, I'm doing something, and I don't have a brick full of distractions in my pocket.
The only thing I can honestly say I've missed is Google Maps - but at the same time, I'm a better navigator now for having to actually learn where shit is (and look it up ahead of time).

is the oukitel k4000 pro safe?
will it go boom?
is there a community to rely on if something fails?

i remember when i used an ipod touch for music and an android phone for the rest, that the ipod touch was a locked down sandbox (albeit a very comfy sandbox) and the android phone was a place where I could express myself with customization or tweak things more.

>I don't have any friends
Buying iphone won't help.

Last year my Nexus 4 dropped. Nexus 6p was too expensive and I got a MotoG 2014 1GB/8GB

Buyers remorse since month 2. Nexus 6p is still expensive

Ordered RN3P and a replacement screen for the Nexus 4

Screen change went well so I could

-keep the Nexus 4 one more year (only 8 GB), sell RN3P when it arrives. Moto G as backup phone

-use RN3P and sell MotoG. N4 as backup phone.

I can t sell N4 as the screen replacement is smaller than OEM and it's not well aligned.

What do?

>a place where I could express myself
And this thread calls apple users fags.

jokes on you i am actually a fag

I fell for the LGv10 meme.

I don't like the software, what do?

how do I put normal android or cyanogen?

We can't , at least not in my country

Use the RN3P.

Google rooting and go from there.

Do you guys think it'd be possible to walk into a T-Mobile store tomorrow and get an iphone 7 without having preordered?

There's official cyanogenmod support mate.

Thx for the feedback m8s

No.
Apple forces scarcity at the start of every gen to increase the rush.
The more people waiting for the phones due to them being "sold out", the more desirable their phones are.

Bump Limit
New::

So can't I add music files to iTunes and then copy them to an iPhone?

>... with iPhones
I don't really resonate well with homosexuals :^)

>I don't really resonate well with homosexuals

Flyover Hick or Pajeet detected, the developed western world is a 50/50 split of iPhone and high-end Android.

Looking for a $300-$400 phone that will work with verizon in the US. I want to put CM on it. Any suggestions?

titanium backup for non-system data

you'll lose your data usage and even if you restore it it'll be jumbled

also settings

just backup the apps you installed + data and never EVER restore in binary format. Always in XML

Currently have an HTC one m8. I have very few complaints, it's a wonderful phone. But it is aging and the battery is going. The charger port doesn't work properly and it charges very slow because of it.

Anyway I'm in the market and I have a few I'm considering.

HTC 10
>Dat audio

Note 7
>All those specs
>AMOLED
>S pen
>battery
>Might go on sale because battery explosions

S7
>Pretty much the note but smaller and without the s pen

Can any current owners of these phones let me know what they think

>I can't grasp sarcasm/humour
Asperger's Spectrum Disorder detected. I even used the carat nose smiley for you.

Just ordered an Honor 8. It's arriving tomorow.

How did I do /spg/?

chinked

the redmi note 3 is not even close to the onplus 2 even with the SD810 housefire edition

It's plausible
If it does release, I suggest you get it

take your pick faggot gsmarena.com/results.php3?fDisplayInchesMax=5&idCardslot=1&idBatRemovable=1

>buy 800 dll phone
>asked by manufacturer t turn it off

androidauthority.com/samsung-president-sorry-note-7-716920/

LAGDROID KEKBOYS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>i-i was only joking! merely a ruse!

>opx
>no chinkphones

pick one

nexus 5x

>the smaller the better

Iphone SE

none desu familia. maybe the lg v20 will, but its not even out yet so who knows

Why are Huawei phones never références as chinkphones?

Is it because they are relatively more pricey ? Or because they are released in the west?