Technology your forgot exists

Technology your forgot exists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XhL1Zuacz2w
jbl.com/connected-car/CP100 LEGEND.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still own a mp4 player and I use it all the time when I'm jogging

I got one, use exclusively for podcasts and music.

Camera is pretty nice to

>exercise

>tfw Apple will one day soon discontinue all iPods

Why not do all that on your phone?

enjoy your empty calories chubsy

maybe in the next life you'll gain some willpower

photo cameras
just resurrected mine after like 4-5 years

>falling for the smartphone meme

Well a few reasons, right now I don't have a phone and my jobs have always allowed me to listen to podcasts so I needed something that was always working indepently of having a phone or not.

When I did have a phone, the battery life was always an issue, so it's nice to have a backup. I am looking to buy a wileyfox swift or a moto g4 and use that in the future. but its nice having a backup device that is always ready to go.

>tfw high-capacity players are dead

Can't you just get a tablet then? Or an old phone with a big hard drive or expandable storage?

PMPs are all just mini tablets nowadays anyway.

I want something I can keep permanently in my cars aux port, a giant tablet isn't going to fit in the centre console. An old phone is a decent solution and I'm using an old ipod touch for that now, but it's still annoying that there isn't anything dedicated to the purpose anymore.

your car itself needs an upgrade then.

Option 1: Find a high capacity music player
Option 2: Shell out thousands for a new car

hmmm... tough choice.

They did, now they're developing the ipod touch/shuffle/nano/succ

Fucking retard. (You)

One of the most beautiful things you will get to ever touch. In a future where only wifi or something better than sim cards and with phones so thin. What a great future awaits us.

Don't be too quick to dismiss the retard guys. Some people have fitted Nexus 7s and iPad minis in their cars

>Some people have fitted Nexus 7s and iPad minis in their cars
Those are people I like to call idiots.

>I don't like it when people do things I don't like
Autistic Child.

Does applel even care about the ipod anymore? Everyone today already has a smartphone that can play music, the shuffle is the only relevant one anymore since it's great for excersise

It has nothing to do with whether I like it and everything to do with it being retarded.

Better DACs amplifiers and battery life. Thought sometimes is problematic to carry it with your phone too, but some works or activities need you to save your phone somewhere else that wouldn't allow you to use it so you have to relief on a mp3/4.

I fell in love with the apple watch just because of the design and not really the functionality. I kinda want it as a fashion accessory but I was deeply dissatisfied with how the iphone 7 cane out. I was wondering if the two would be compatible.

I don't think the Watch app is on the iPod. You're probably better off getting an iPhone 5 and up to use as an MP3 player.

I have this as my dedicated music player.

Link?

I found it. What is so great about it when compared to anything else? I want sometbint that can run spotify.

>doesnt have a phone
Get of g pls

I've considered giving up my phone.

You literally dont have friends at all I guess, or need a phone in case of an emergency... pls dont buy a phone so scum like you can die off in self inflicted accidents at home

top kek

There are even people who have installed real computers. When I get a car worth more than the computer that's going to be installed I'm putting a Mac Mini in it.

Nice projecting.

I hope you kill yourself when it overheats.

Why would you hope I kill myself when something that won't happen happens?

So the gene pool is cleansed of retards.

How am I retarded?

Projecting? Wat are you even on about? You need a phone for social life, I know because I have one

You're the retard here

I hang out with friends practically daily and haven't had a phone in years.

>You need a phone for social life, I know because I have one
Probably not. If you did people would actively try to hang out with you and pay you a visit, not hit you up and hope you decline.

The single biggest influence on the person I am today.

>being so fat you actually openly oppose healthy living

You could put in a tablet into your dash. There are even some kits to make it easier now.
youtube.com/watch?v=XhL1Zuacz2w

Or you could just get a new headunit. I know that many of them look ugly as fuck, but JBL has a decent looking android auto and apple carplay compatible unit for $400.

jbl.com/connected-car/CP100 LEGEND.html

Did anyone buy one of these? If so, how is it?

I'm still mad Apple stopped making the 160GB iPod Classic

one of the few genuinely good (and well priced) products they had.

>tfw lost my Classic shortly before it was discontinued
>didn't bother to replace it
>now it'd cost ~$500 to get a new one

that's why it had to go, what sort of circus do you think tim cook is running?

what a fag

Option 3: Buy a decent stereo for your car.

$55 and 20 minutes of work is entirely beyond these weebs. better to spend allowance money on other things

You're trying to put equipment in an environment it really wasn't designed to go into. Overheating will be just one of your worries.

I've seen enough Mac Mini car computers and have heard so little about the cons that I'm confident it will be great. Sure there's a chance something goes wrong but that can be said about literally anything.

I'm confident it'll be awful since backyard hacks don't a reliable system make. Mac Minis are probably rated for the standard 32F-95F (noncondensing, of course) temperature range. That will be EASILY exceed in a car, especially in the dashboard where you have HVAC ducting that's carrying hot air and cold air in warm, humid weather.

No fucking shit temperature will be an issue, which is why I simply won't use it immediately after baking my car in the hot sun all day. I'm not retarded, you know.

I was trying to keep you from doing something utterly ridiculous, but if you want to be a cunt about it, have fun hacking up your car for a shit project. You're obviously way smarter than everyone else in the world.

I've always thought car computers were neat, I'm so sorry for doing something I've wanted to do since I was a child. I couldn't give less of a shit if it's not the best way to go about things, I want to do it and I'm fucking doing it.

>You need a phone to have a social life

wtf are you smoking boy? Do you not talk with people face to face?

How would I go about creating my own MP3 player? Just for fun.

by googling "diy mp3 player"

A E S T H E T I C

Yeah let me ditch my Mercedes SL500 for a new Chevy just because I don't have an aux cord in my radio

Yeah, making reasonably priced devices isn't in Tim Cooks Crook Handbook

>touchscreen PMP
yuck

Ugly industrial design. It tried but just ends up looking like failed effort in terms of its integrity.

Shut up and get the fuck out of here. You speak too comfortably and assert your territory like an pompous diaper.