Iphone 7 is a poor filter

in 1st world countries like Murrca $100,000 salary a year is normal

in 2 world countrirs $10,000 is normal

in 3 world; $2500 is normal

>dont be surprised when all Austrian teens have iphone 7's (its just 3-4 days' pay)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHHJMrP2YG0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The average US salary is like $50,000.

$100,000 is most certainly not normal. Though normal is subjective.

On Cred Forums above average = normal.

just trying 2 shed light as 2 why $1300 phones are being sold by the thoisands

as a 2nd worlder this is fascinating 2 me

to these normals $1300 is equivalent to 3 days work

>1st world countries like Murrca
HAHAHAHAHAH

>American average annual salary is 100k

Not a single one of those statistics are right.

The phones are selling as they always do. Money mismanagement for poor and splurging for middle and upper class people is nothing new.

its called being normal i guess. i have normie friends who spend all their income (1200 euro) on clothes

>tfw I only make ~$74k a year
Am I a poorfag?

As do I. I don't get it personally. I get most of my clothes at Ross, use an old Thinkpad, buy unlocked phones once every 3 years, etc. I make $48k a year, but I still don't see the point of wasting money like that.

I think it's stupid.

>Ross
youtube.com/watch?v=UHHJMrP2YG0

>ITT: weirdos and shut-ins from various odd countries vent their frustrations about the broad social tends of stupid people.

Because youre not brainwashed by Apple and the mass of isheep. Thinking that owning the newest device somehow makes them superior. It's a disease to be honest.

>tfw I made 170,000+$ a year
Fells good man

And still won't buy an ifag

Yes. 100k is the poverty threshold here. Anything between 100k and 10 million is middle class. Cred Forums is the elite imageboard so standards are higher.

100k a year is not normal. 30-60k a year is normal in America. Most people here who own iPhones are teenage girls and gay men. Most adults around here use Samsung, HTC, or some off brand chink shit. If people do have iPhones they use the same one for 3-4 years. I make 85k a year and after all my taxes and bills I have about 500 a month I can save back. Things are expensive, so I wouldn't blow 3 month's savings on a phone.

Well shit. Can I get some Cred Forums wellfare?

>ITT
ITT??? really? you mean:
>Cred Forums: weirdos and shut-ins from various odd countries vent their frustrations about the broad social tends of stupid people.

>in third world normal salary
i get 10k a month what the fuck are you talking about

>100k and 10 million is middle class
That's poorfag status

I thought I was middle class. But I could never afford that house. Feelsbadman.

You know how much debt the average person in the US has?

It's called a mortgage.

I took a loan to buy a $190k house. Wouldn't want to go much higher than that.

all excuses. no one asked you to buy a 70k car or a 2mil house

Not sure about average, but I have ~200k. Wife's student loans and my house.

in my country not even president has 200k holy fuck

No the average American salary is around 26k

It's because we get contract deals, so it's really only a handful of dollars a month for locking ourselves into a contract

Also you talk like a retard

How do you buy a house?

A house in his country is probably a cinderblock 12x12 cave and costs about USD $360.

general lower income goes along with cheaper food, land, materials and houses

you get a mortgage till you are 65 years of age.... and that way they can lend you 300000 even tho you have a 15000 a year job

Because you need a phone more than shelter or transportation, amirite?

So you don't count that as debt or are you making up situations? You just claimed that no one has 200k of debt.

>Sociologically, conspicuous consumption was thought to comprise socio-economic behaviours practiced by rich people; yet, economic research indicated that conspicuous consumption is a socio-economic behaviour common to the poor social-classes and economic groups, and common to the societies of countries with emerging economies. That among such people, displays of wealth are used to psychologically combat the impression of poverty, usually because such men and women belong to a socio-economic class society perceives as poor.[5] In The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy (1996), Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko reported that Americans with a net worth of more than one million dollars are likely to avoid conspicuous consumption. That millionaires tend to practice frugality, e.g. prefer to buy used cars with cash rather than new cars with credit, in order to avoid material depreciation and paying interest for a loan to buy a new car.[6]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption

>countrirs

Anyways, the mean household income in the US is about 50k. That means 2 people earning money, and paying rent/bills/food/etc.

Next to nobody is buying the iPhone 7 with cash. Most people are getting in under subsidized contracts, which means instead of paying $750 up front, they pay an extra $30-40/mo, rolled into their contracts, for the next 36 months ($1080-$1440). Ever wonder why people are walking around with shattered iPhones for years? It's because they literally have no choice but to use that phone.

Most people in the US pay for anything over ~$400 the same way. Most people have a car payment, most people pay monthly for insurance (instead of paying the 6 month premium), and almost everyone pays rent or has a mortgage.

To an extent, this is good for the economy, but really bad stuff happens when the populace gets loaded with too much debt. See 2008 for an example.

It's also bad form to have a large percentage of your income obligated to debt servicing. If for some reason you can't make the payments that month, you are launched into a world of hurt.

How will iToddlers ever recover?

>student loans
The ultimate jew levied against the middle class.

>they fall in the drain
Gets me every time

Stop using the 3 world model like it has anything to do with salaries.

Should be:
>Developed
>Developing
>No intention to develop (Africa, Afghanistan, etc.)

American houses are literally mostly made out of cheap wood and cardboard. They are designed to look like expensive shit, but the substance is so weak and low quality that they are very affordable. It's weird, but it's American. Only needs to look wealthy for the moment, don't care about what your children and grandchildren will live in.

I bought a house built in 1930. All lathe and plaster. Biggest renovation I've seen is the house was lifted by about a foot to make it easier to walk around the basement (it was pretty short before).

>100k/year
>normal
MODS BAN THIS SHITPOSTER